PDA

View Full Version : Misc Obama seeks to silence ad tying him to 60s radical

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92PL7400&show_article=1

DENVER (AP) - Barack Obama is striking back fiercely and swiftly to stamp out an ad that links him to a 1960s radical, eager to demonstrate a far more aggressive response to attacks than John Kerry did when faced with the 2004 "Swift Boat" campaign.

Obama not only aired a response ad to the spot linking him to William Ayers, but he sought to block stations the commercial by warning station managers and asking the Justice Department to intervene. The campaign also planned to compel advertisers to pressure stations that continue to air the anti-Obama commercial.

It's the type of going-for-the-jugular approach to politics many Democrats complain that Kerry lacked and that Republicans exploit.

Obama's target is an ad by the conservative American Issues Project, a nonprofit group that questions Obama's ties to Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground organization that took credit for a series of bombings, including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol four decades ago.

The lone financier of the anti-Obama ad, Texas billionaire Harold Simmons, was also one of the main funders of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth who targeted Kerry. Simmons, a McCain fundraiser, contributed nearly $2.9 million to the American Issues Project, according to documents filed by the group with the Federal Election Commission.

Fox News and CNN have declined to air the anti-Obama ad. But by Monday afternoon, the ad had run about 150 times in local markets in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and Michigan, according to Evan Tracey, head of TNS Media Intelligence/Campaign Media Analysis Group, an ad tracking firm.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said Obama supporters have inundated stations that are airing the ad, many of them owned by Sinclair Communications, with 93,000 e-mails. He called the ad false, despicable and outrageous.

"Other stations that follow Sinclair's lead should expect a similar response from people who don't want the political discourse cheapened with these false, negative attacks," Vietor said.

Sinclair offices were closed late Monday and officials there could not be immediately contacted.

"It seems they protest a bit too much," American Issues Project spokesman Christian Pinkston said. "They're going all of these routes—through threats, intimation—to try to thwart the First Amendment here because they don't have an argument on merit."

Ayers is now a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in December 2002.

Obama also was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder. Ayers also held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s.

Obama has denounced Ayers' past activities.

"Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as, quote, 'Respectable' and 'Mainstream,'" the group's ad states. "Obama's political career was launched in Ayers' home. And the two served together on a left-wing board. Why would Barack Obama be friends with someone who bombed the Capitol and is proud of it? Do you know enough to elect Barack Obama?"

In a letter to station managers, Obama campaign lawyer Robert Bauer wrote: "Your station is committed to operating in the public interest, an objective that cannot be satisfied by accepting for compensation material of such malicious falsity."

Bauer also wrote to Deputy Assistant Attorney General John C. Keeney, noting that the ad is a "knowing and willful attempt to evade the strictures of federal election law."

The campaign's aggressive tactics could draw more attention to a subject the campaign wants to go away. On Tuesday, the University of Illinois at Chicago will make available records of Obama's service on the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The group was set up to improve the city's schools. The documents could shed further light on whether Obama and Ayers had a relationship.

The American Issues Project is a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation. It is permitted by law to air a political ad provided that the majority of its spending is nonpolitical. It cannot accept money from corporations and it must identify the donors that finance its ads in reports to the Federal Election Commission. Pinkston said the group has set aside money to carry out non-election related work to meet the legal requirements. It filed a report identifying Simmons as its sole donor for the ad last week.

In the Obama campaign's own response ad, an announcer states: "With all our problems, why is John McCain talking about the 60s, trying to link Barack Obama to radical Bill Ayers. McCain knows Obama denounced Ayers' crimes, committed when Obama was just 8 years old."

The McCain campaign cannot coordinate efforts with outside groups. But the campaign took advantage of being the target of the response ad.

"The fact that Barack Obama chose to launch his political career at the home of an unrepentant terrorist raises more questions about Senator Obama's judgment than any TV ad ever could," said McCain spokesman Brian Rogers.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
"On Tuesday, the University of Illinois at Chicago will make available records of Obama's service on the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The group was set up to improve the city's schools. The documents could shed further light on whether Obama and Ayers had a relationship."

Has anyone heard of these records were released?

Garcia Bronco
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
If it's slander, go get them Obama

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
If it's slander, go get them Obama

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Obama_camp_Prosecute_Simmons.html

Obama general counsel Bob Bauer today sent a second, sharper letter to the Justice Department, directly attacking the Dallas billionaire funding a harsh attack ad, Harold Simmons.

"We reiterate our request that the Department of Justice fulfill its commitment to take prompt action to investigate and to prosecute the American issues Project, and we further request that the Department of Justice investigate and prosecute Howard (sic) Simmons for a knowing and willful violation of the individual aggregate contribution limits," he wrote.

He called the group's activities "patently illegal."

Bauer made the case that Simmons' group fulfilling its a real nonprofit charter because it hasn't spent any money on anything other than attacking Obama. Simmons' spokesman, Christian Pinkston, told me yesterday that plans to, and dismissed the complaints as an effort to lawyer away charges the campaign can't rebut.

A spokeswoman for the Justice Department, Laura Sweeney, had no comment on the second letter.

It's worth noting that this isn't the first time Bauer has called for criminal investigations and prosecutions into the donors to independent groups critical of Obama, including one supporting John Edwards and another supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton. His words did have the effect of scaring their donors and consultants, but haven't yet appeared to result in any prosecution.

Rick Hasen has some more thoughts on the law, suggesting that Simmons, at worst, will face fines after it's too late to matter.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM
When FOX NEWS won't air an ad, that's a pretty big sign.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-obama-records,0,7750626.story

CHICAGO - The University of Illinois at Chicago released documents relating to Barack Obama's service to a school reform group linked to former radical William Ayers.

But details about their ties were scant in minutes from some early meetings.

Both attended some board meetings of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which Ayers helped start and Obama chaired in the 1990s.

Minutes of one 1995 meeting credit Ayers with having "worked diligently" to support the board. Minutes of a 1996 meeting indicate Obama pushed the group to make bolder reforms.

Ayers, who teaches at the university, was one of the founders of the 1960s radical group the Weather Underground. Some supporters of Republican John McCain are trying to link Obama to Ayers.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I read that most any community organizers would most likely come in contact with folks like Ayers because those groups have those people in them.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Please keep posting articles without any sort of attribution. It makes your desperate attempts to tenuously tie Obama in with the Weather Underground look even more legitimate.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Please keep posting articles without any sort of attribution. It makes your desperate attempts to tenuously tie Obama in with the Weather Underground look even more legitimate.

Easy there, tiger. I added the sources.

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/1574576278_842b8978b1.jpg?v=0

Cave Johnson
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
The fact that Fox declined the ad and the creators had to resort to Sinclair speaks volumes.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't really care about the ad. I care about what the records show, not that they've been released after being blocked.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't really care about the ad. I care about what the records show, not that they've been released after being blocked.If they show anything less than Obama congratulating Ayers on being part of a terrorist organization, you're not going to be satisfied.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
If they show anything less than Obama congratulating Ayers on being part of a terrorist organization, you're not going to be satisfied.

I'll be satisfied if they show that what Barack Hussein has said about his relationship with and knowledge of Ayers is accurate or not.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM
"On Tuesday, the University of Illinois at Chicago will make available records of Obama's service on the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The group was set up to improve the city's schools. The documents could shed further light on whether Obama and Ayers had a relationship."

Has anyone heard of these records were released?

Did the city's schools improve?

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I'll be satisfied if they show that what Barack Hussein has said about his relationship with and knowledge of Ayers is accurate or not.

They were just board members what is the big deal about that?

Also here is some interesting information from politico

The Annenberg Challenge was a pool of money from the Annenberg Foundation, a well-known philanthropy whose views on education place it on the left of the education wars, but which is anything but a radical group. John McCain, among many others, is quoted (http://www.annenbergfoundation.org/usr_doc/1-76.pdf) on its website praising its work on education. Walter Annenberg was a Nixon ambassador and a major Reagan backer. And when he died in 2002, President Bush called (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9800E3DE1038F931A35753C1A9649C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1) him ''a shining example of generosity, patriotism and dedication to serving others'' and praised his ''commitment to education reform."

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-obama-records,0,7750626.story

CHICAGO - The University of Illinois at Chicago released documents relating to Barack Obama's service to a school reform group linked to former radical William Ayers.

But details about their ties were scant in minutes from some early meetings.

Both attended some board meetings of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which Ayers helped start and Obama chaired in the 1990s.

Minutes of one 1995 meeting credit Ayers with having "worked diligently" to support the board. Minutes of a 1996 meeting indicate Obama pushed the group to make bolder reforms.

Ayers, who teaches at the university, was one of the founders of the 1960s radical group the Weather Underground. Some supporters of Republican John McCain are trying to link Obama to Ayers.

Did they "reform" the schools? Or did the schools get the same help B.O. provided to Rezko the slumlord in fixing up public housing?

Donger
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
They were just board members what is the big deal about that?

"Obama also was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder."

If Ayers was a founder and Barack Hussein was the first chairman, I think it raises the question of how well they really knew each other. I assume that they didn't just pick Barack Hussein's name out of a hat. Was Ayers just a guy in the neighborhood?

"Ayers also held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s."

Cozy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I wonder if Donger has any skin left on his dick from all the hate bating he's done thinking of Obama.

Donger
08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
I wonder if Donger has any skin left on his dick from all the hate bating he's done thinking of Obama.

Hate bating?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
masturbating to your own hate=hate bate

Donger
08-26-2008, 04:46 PM
masturbating to your own hate=hate bate

Oh, you mean "hate-baiting." I'm not sure why you link that and masturbation, however.

And, I don't hate Barack Hussein. Not even close, really.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh, you mean "hate-baiting." I'm not sure why you link that and masturbation, however.

And, I don't hate Barack Hussein. Not even close, really.

No, I mean hate bate. You get yourself off on it.

Donger
08-26-2008, 04:50 PM
No, I mean hate bate. You get yourself off on it.

Ah, I get it Instead of masturbate, hatebate.

But, again, I don't hate Barack Hussein.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM

It's hard to take you seriously when you continue with this bigotted style of attack. And yes, I think it's bigotted. You wouldn't be using the same tact if his middle name were Smith.

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
It's hard to take you seriously when you continue with this bigotted style of attack. And yes, I think it's bigotted. You wouldn't be using the same tact if his middle name were Smith.

Then don't take me seriously. Besides, "Barack Smith" just doesn't have the same "flow" as does his real name.

NewChief
08-26-2008, 05:04 PM
"Obama also was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder."

If Ayers was a founder and Barack Hussein was the first chairman, I think it raises the question of how well they really knew each other. I assume that they didn't just pick Barack Hussein's name out of a hat. Was Ayers just a guy in the neighborhood?

"Ayers also held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s."

Cozy.

The party has been explained pretty extensively by various sources. He was told that Ayers was an important person in the neighborhood by the previous holder of the office. He went to the party because it was recommended that he go.

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
The party has been explained pretty extensively by various sources. He was told that Ayers was an important person in the neighborhood by the previous holder of the office. He went to the party because it was recommended that he go.

Did Barack Hussein know Ayer's past at that point?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Ayer's

Do you even know this man's real name?

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
And Donger claims to be objective. ROFL

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Do you even know this man's real name?

Huh? Ayers' real name?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Huh? Ayers' real name?

I was only asking because you clearly made a grammatical error if you did and:

I don't make grammatical mistakes

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I was only asking because you clearly made a grammatical error if you did and:

That was a punctuation mark error.

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
That was a punctuation mark error.

Otherwise known as a grammatical error. :p

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Otherwise known as a grammatical error. :p

I wouldn't think so, but I could be incorrect.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Can anybody tell me if B.O. helped fix the public housing and schools with all of this "help" he provided with Rezko and Ayers? That's what is most important.

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
The Limey must have carpal tunnel syndrome by now as many times as he's posted "Barack Hussein". Must be approaching 10,000 times by now. Talk about obsessive... sheesh. Those Limey's must really hate muslims, wow!

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 05:57 PM
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/academics/writing_resource/grammatical_errors_links.html#apostrophe

"Common Grammatical Errors"

Click on "apostrophe misuse".

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I can't believe not one moonbat wants to answer my question:

Did the Chicago Annenberg Challenge "reform" schools or not?

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I can't believe not one moonbat wants to answer my question.

Probably because you're a douche. I could be wrong though.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Probably because you're a douche. I could be wrong though.

How come Leftists always talk about "helping the poor" (poor = blacks on welfare) but after millions of dollars dissapear into the bank accounts of scumbags like Rezko, the "poor" stay poor?

I'm just trying to figure this out. Your perspective would sure be a help.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
How come Leftists always talk about "helping the poor" (poor = blacks on welfare) but after millions of dollars dissapear into the bank accounts of scumbags like Rezko, the "poor" stay poor?

I'm just trying to figure this out. Your perspective would sure be a help.
Because we want to help the poor and bastards like Rezko try to get in the way?

I'm not sure what your question even means.

Chief Faithful
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92PL7400&show_article=1

In the Obama campaign's own response ad, an announcer states: "With all our problems, why is John McCain talking about the 60s, trying to link Barack Obama to radical Bill Ayers. McCain knows Obama denounced Ayers' crimes, committed when Obama was just 8 years old."

Why would Obama's camp take this route? All he is doing is challenging people to think harder about the subject instead of trying to change the subject. The more people think about Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers the more it hurts him. Why doesn't he put it to bed the same way he did the subject of Rev. Wright?

Strategically good timing by McCain's camp. They put this on the air waves when Obama is focused on the convention and cannot adequately address the subject.

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/academics/writing_resource/grammatical_errors_links.html#apostrophe

"Common Grammatical Errors"

Click on "apostrophe misuse".

No offense, you are presenting that as proof? The University of Mississippi's Electrical and Computer Engineering school?

ROFL

The funny part is that you had that squirreled away, waiting for me to make an error. Rather pathetic, actually.

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
The funny part is that you had that squirreled away
Proof?

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Proof?

There are two possibilities as I see it:

1) Hamas saw that claim and remembered it, hoping for a time when I made an error. That's the squirreled away part.

2) Hamas saw my punctuation error and did a search, hoping that I had said that I've never made a punctuation error.

Either one is kind of pathetic, but which do you think is more likely?

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Comma Splice
If you have two main clauses in a sentence connected by a comma rather than a conjunction, you have a comma splice.
Here's an example:

When a processor is combined with a control unit, it forms a component called a CPU, a CPU contained in a small integrated circuit package is known as a microprocessor.

Here you have two main clauses (a phrase containing a subject and a predicate that can stand alone as a sentence) connected by a comma. There are three simple ways to correct a comma splice:

Drop the comma and form the main clauses into two separate sentences:

When a processor is combined with a control unit, it forms a component called a CPU. A CPU contained in a small integrated circuit package is known as a microprocessor.

Place a coordinating conjunction immediately after the comma:

When a processor is combined with a control unit, it forms a component called a CPU, and a CPU contained in a small integrated circuit package is known as a microprocessor.

Replace the comma with a semicolon:

When a processor is combined with a control unit, it forms a component called a CPU; a CPU contained in a small integrated circuit package is known as a microprocessor.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM

1) Hamas saw that claim and remembered it, hoping for a time when I made an error. That's the squirreled away part.

2) Hamas saw my punctuation error and did a search, hoping that I had said that I've never made a punctuation error.

You ****ed up my friend.

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM

I think it is more likely he saw it and threw out a link because it was predictable that you would be so obtuse to think it wasn't a grammatical error. No squirreling away needed. It is hard to cook this stuff up on the fly.

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
You ****ed up my friend.

I made an error. I'm not infallible.

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I think it is more likely he saw it and threw out a link because it was predictable that you would be so obtuse to think it wasn't a grammatical error. No squirreling away needed. It is hard to cook this stuff up on the fly.

You may note that he threw out my quote before any of that.

Or, maybe you won't.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 06:36 PM

o rly

I don't make grammatical mistakes

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
o rly

What was the context behind that quote? Have you looked at in context?

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
You may note that he threw out my quote before any of that.

Or, maybe you won't.

He wasn't the one intentionally playing ignorant by claiming that an apostrophe error wasn't a grammatical error.

I didn't even think you'd go full retard.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Context don't count for much now and days. Especially in politics.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM

It's astounding the lengths and depths moonbats will go to to nitpick you. Would that they did the same due dilligence to vet their beloved candidate.

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish

Pedal faster donger!

Donger
He wasn't the one intentionally playing ignorant by claiming that an apostrophe error wasn't a grammatical error.

I didn't even think you'd go full retard.

Like I said, I could be wrong. His evidence to prove that leaves much to be desired.

Perhaps you can do better?

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Context don't count for much now and days. Especially in politics.

I'll have to remember that the next time one of my pet leftists brings it up.

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Like I said, I could be wrong. His evidence to prove that leaves much to be desired.

Perhaps you can do better?

ROFL

You can't make this shit up. Perhaps a Talk like Donger thread would be a bigger hit.

Donger
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
ROFL

You can't make this shit up. Perhaps a Talk like Donger thread would be a bigger hit.

If you can provide some evidence that a punctuation error is a grammatical error, I'd be happy to look at it. I've not been in school for years so, like I said, I could be wrong.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
ROFL

The fact that you moonbats decided to gang up on Donger instead of me, shows how lost you all are.

Silly moonbats.

ROFL

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
If you can provide some evidence that a punctuation error is a grammatical error, I'd be happy to look at it. I've not been in school for years so, like I said, I could be wrong.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 07:49 PM

According to the earlier version of you, you are in regards to grammar.

Oh, and for others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Common_grammatical_errors

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/columns/?article=embarrassinggrammar

https://secure.lccs.edu/internship/I-LCC%20Students/Preparing%20for%20Internship/Internship%20class/MLA%20At-A-Glance-Zehr.pdf

Donger
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
According to the earlier version of you, you are in regards to grammar.

Oh, and for others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Common_grammatical_errors

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/columns/?article=embarrassinggrammar

https://secure.lccs.edu/internship/I-LCC%20Students/Preparing%20for%20Internship/Internship%20class/MLA%20At-A-Glance-Zehr.pdf

Meh. Wiki and some broad? Got anything else? That's better than an engineering school in Mississippi, but come on.

Oh, perhaps you could tell me which of post #46 it was?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Meh. Wiki and some broad? Got anything else? That's better than an engineering school in Mississippi, but come on.

Oh, perhaps you could tell me which of post #46 it was?

A massively peer-reviewed publication, a former editor and a university. None of these suffice, eh?

You must really enjoy it when I split your wig open like a rotted piece of hickory.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Probably the #1 used online tutorial for grammar and writing research papers as well as MLA style:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_apost.html

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Maybe this nebulous title will help you:

Grammar 101:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/43223/grammar_101_the_apostrophe.html

Donger
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
A massively peer-reviewed publication, a former editor and a university. None of these suffice, eh?

You must really enjoy it when I split your wig open like a rotted piece of hickory.

No, not really.

So, which was it? #1 or #2?

And, could you post the link to the thread where you pulled my quote?

Thanks.

Donger
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe this nebulous title will help you:

Grammar 101:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/43223/grammar_101_the_apostrophe.html

You really don't have anything better? Keep looking, maybe?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:46 PM
You really don't have anything better? Keep looking, maybe?

Funny how you overlook the Writer's Lab at Purdue, eh?

It's not like I haven't taught this for three years or anything.

Would you like the Scott Foresman Guide to Writing?? Any number of rubrics from the program I work for that state it as a common error, or will the litany of patently obvious proof be enough.

Again, keep showing that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground it only makes you out to be a bigger fool, and the next time you actually feel like seriously arguing a concept people are going to look at you as another MarcBulger or HonestChiefFan. You're probably approaching HogFarmer territory in actuality.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4936580&postcount=33

Donger
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Would you like the Scott Foresman Guide to Writing?? Any number of rubrics from the program I work for that state it as a common error, or will the litany of patently obvious proof be enough.

Again, keep showing that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground it only makes you out to be a bigger fool, and the next time you actually feel like seriously arguing a concept people are going to look at you as another MarcBulger or HonestChiefFan. You're probably approaching HogFarmer territory in actuality.

Like I said, I could be wrong. You've not proven that yet.

Anyway, which was it? #1 or #2?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:49 PM
I love threads like this, because they show how absolutely arrogant and out of touch you are, that in spite of absolutely overwhelming evidence to the contrary from sources far more qualified than you will ever be, and no one supporting your stance, you still claim that it isn't a part of grammar.

You obviously won't listen to me, so take it from someone on here who actually values whatever shit opinion you may have--stop, because one day you may need to convince someone on here of something. You're just a pathetic and sad little troll, unfortunately.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
No, not really.

So, which was it? #1 or #2?

And, could you post the link to the thread where you pulled my quote?

Thanks.

You don't make errors, you claim. It's obviously #1. You attempted to show possessive of Ayers, but you put the apostrophe in the wrong place. It should have been

" Ayers' ".

I already did, so kindly STFU.

FWIW, Ayers's would also suffice, but that is becoming colloquial in modern grammar.

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM

You're an English instructor? Where, may I ask?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
You're an English instructor? Where, may I ask?

Why do you ask? :p

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Why do you ask? :p

Wasn't setting up an insult.

Allow me to re-phrase to something less identifying: What is your area of emphasis? You're an aspiring academic, no?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
You don't make errors, you claim. It's obviously #1. You attempted to show possessive of Ayers, but you put the apostrophe in the wrong place. It should have been

" Ayers' ".

I already did, so kindly STFU.

FWIW, Ayers's would also suffice, but that is becoming colloquial in modern grammar.

Hey Zach? There's your proof.

Thanks for being my dancing monkey tonight, You do it rather well!

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Zach? There's your proof.

Thanks for being my dancing monkey tonight, You do it rather well!

You think you are Keyser Soze playing the role of Verbal Kint when in reality you are Gabriel Byrne.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I love threads like this, because they show how absolutely arrogant and out of touch you are, that in spite of absolutely overwhelming evidence to the contrary from sources far more qualified than you will ever be, and no one supporting your stance, you still claim that it isn't a part of grammar.

You obviously won't listen to me, so take it from someone on here who actually values whatever shit opinion you may have--stop, because one day you may need to convince someone on here of something. You're just a pathetic and sad little troll, unfortunately.

I've told you before: I don't value your opinion. Why do you insist on assuming I do?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I've told you before: I don't value your opinion. Why do you insist on assuming I do?

Obviously, your continued responses to it show that you at least value it from a perspective of time input.

Again, you're wrong.

And the truly wonderful thing about this is that the more you post, the less value your already peso's worth opinion holds. Hell, it's worth less than the Zimbabwe dollar at this point.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
You think you are Keyser Soze playing the role of Verbal Kint when in reality you are Gabriel Byrne.

WTF?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Obviously, your continued responses to it show that you at least value it from a perspective of time input.

Again, you're wrong.

I value dancing monkeys, but that doesn't mean I value their opinion. Just the fact that that they dance on command (or sometimes even not).

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I value dancing monkeys, but that doesn't mean I value their opinion. Just the fact that that they dance on command (or sometimes even not).

Again, another cop out. It's not my fault you obviously contradict yourself and it's easily provable. You like to think that you are orchestrating a masterful ploy (Verbal Kint), but you are a pawn in your own game.

The wonderful thing is that you are such a coward, and so hopelessly committed to your own schtick that you actually believe people will believe the bullshit that you are spewing. It's amusing, it really is. I just love busting on you because you bring it upon yourself and you are too ignorant to actually realize it.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Again, another cop out. It's not my fault you obviously contradict yourself and it's easily provable. You like to think that you are orchestrating a masterful ploy (Verbal Kint), but you are a pawn in your own game.

The wonderful thing is that you are such a coward, and so hopelessly committed to your own schtick that you actually believe people will believe the bullshit that you are spewing. It's amusing, it really is. I just love busting on you because you bring it upon yourself and you are too ignorant to actually realize it.

It wasn't wasn't masterful. It was patently obvious.

You seem very concerned about how "people" view others. How do you feel about how others viewed you in the "most arrogant Planeteer" thread? Were they wrong in their conclusion about you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
It wasn't wasn't masterful. It was patently obvious.

You seem very concerned about how "people" view others. How do you feel about how others viewed you in the "most arrogant Planeteer" thread? Were they wrong in their conclusion about you?

Which, again is why I have stated more than once, that you must enjoy schadenfraude. You actually enjoy making an ass out of yourself and then having people prove it. I enjoy showing you for how stupid you are. You didn't intentionally make that mistake, nor did you even remember the previous post, so to cover your ass you try and act like Oz behind the curtain. No one buys it. No one ever did. It's easy to act like you actually know something through vague statements on an internet BB, but I feel safe in saying that without the crutch of time lapse that this medium of interpersonal communication offers you, you'd come off as even more of a stooge face to face.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
And another thing:

If people want to view me as arrogant, that's fine. It's their prerogative. But I know that people on here at the very least don't see me as a shill or a hack, or a running joke whose only remaining relevance is to refer to Obama by his middle name in order to incite some kind of Pavlovian fear of his real intentions.

People view you as three things: an oil whore, a snob, and a troll. And you've created that perception all by yourself.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Which, again is why I have stated more than once, that you must enjoy schadenfraude. You actually enjoy making an ass out of yourself and then having people prove it. I enjoy showing you for how stupid you are. You didn't intentionally make that mistake, nor did you even remember the previous post, so to cover your ass you try and act like Oz behind the curtain. No one buys it. No one ever did. It's easy to act like you actually know something through vague statements on an internet BB, but I feel safe in saying that without the crutch of time lapse that this medium of interpersonal communication offers you, you'd come off as even more of a stooge face to face.

Again, your opinion means nothing to me. Why do you insist on bringing it up repeatedly?

Are you really that insecure? You need to say it to show others?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
And another thing:

If people want to view me as arrogant, that's fine. It's their prerogative. But I know that people on here at the very least don't see me as a shill or a hack, or a running joke whose only remaining relevance is to refer to Obama by his middle name in order to incite some kind of Pavlovian fear of his real intentions.

People view you as three things: an oil whore, a snob, and a troll. And you've created that perception all by yourself.

Heh. I no need to answer my question above.

You are too easy. Very bright, but you are far too full of yourself. I know; I was once, too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Again, your opinion means nothing to me. Why do you insist on bringing it up repeatedly?

Are you really that insecure? You need to say it to show others?

If my opinion means so little, why do you keep asking for it?

As Paul Begala once said, "A hit dog barks." Your only recourse is to feign a lack of interest in my opinion as though that somehow swings the control of the argument in your favor. It's a desperation ploy, and it's Saran Wrap-transparent.

Dick Bull
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Heh. I no need to answer my question above.

You are too easy. Very bright, but you are far too full of yourself. I know; I was once, too.

yes clarise

tell me about the lambs, clarise

were they crying?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:32 PM
If my opinion means so little, why do you keep asking for it?

As Paul Begala once said, "A hit dog barks." Your only recourse is to feign a lack of interest in my opinion as though that somehow swings the control of the argument in your favor. It's a desperation ploy, and it's Saran Wrap-transparent.

I've asked for your opinion about me?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I've asked for your opinion about me?

Did I say it was about you personally? Or my thoughts? You've clearly solicited the latter about 500 times.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Did I say it was about you personally? Or my thoughts? You've clearly solicited the latter about 500 times.

I've asked you why you think I care about what you think about me, sure. I ask my wife's cat why she scratches the carpet.

Same thing.

I don't expect a response. It's merely a curiosity.

Again, I do think you're a relatively smart fellow. You make it clear that that's important for you to hear. But, your arrogance is overwhelming. I hope that one day you'll settle down and realize that some things are more important.

Being a prick is easy.

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Being a prick is easy.

You mastered it LONG ago.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
You mastered it LONG ago.

Guilty as charged.

Logical
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I've asked you why you think I care about what you think about me, sure. I ask my wife's cat why she scratches the carpet.

Same thing.

Again, I do think you're a relatively smart fellow. You make it clear that that's important for you to hear. But, your arrogance is overwhelming. I hope that one day you'll settle down and realize that some things are more important.

Being a prick is easy.I know that you are also a smart fellow Donger, I also know that you are so arrogant you feel no need to hear it.

However there is more than one way to come across as prick and it appears you have mastered one of the others with this schtick.

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
I know that you are also a smart fellow Donger, I also know that you are so arrogant you feel no need to hear it.

However there is more than one way to come across as prick and it appears you have mastered one of the others with this schtick.

I'll give him kudo's for admitting he's a prick. I would like to see him ease up on all the propaganda and Barack Hussein bullshit.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I know that you are also a smart fellow Donger, I also know that you are so arrogant you feel no need to hear it.

You have inside knowledge. That precludes you from this discussion.

patteeu
08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Why would Obama's camp take this route? All he is doing is challenging people to think harder about the subject instead of trying to change the subject. The more people think about Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers the more it hurts him. Why doesn't he put it to bed the same way he did the subject of Rev. Wright?

Strategically good timing by McCain's camp. They put this on the air waves when Obama is focused on the convention and cannot adequately address the subject.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he's put his telling association with Wright to bed.

patteeu
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
"Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as, quote, 'Respectable' and 'Mainstream,'" the group's ad states. "Obama's political career was launched in Ayers' home. And the two served together on a left-wing board. Why would Barack Obama be friends with someone who bombed the Capitol and is proud of it? Do you know enough to elect Barack Obama?"

It doesn't sound like they got any of the facts wrong. I wonder what it is that Obama finds offensive? I wonder why Fox and CNN hesitate to air it? Does anyone know if there's actually a false charge in the commercial or is this just a bullying tactic from Barack's henchmen (strongarm politics from the guy who was going to give us new politics)?

Logical
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll give him kudo's for admitting he's a prick. I would like to see him ease up on all the propaganda and Barack Hussein bullshit.Won't ever happen, Donger is consistent if nothing else. He knows this routine really bothers some people and he has no intention of letting up.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Won't ever happen, Donger is consistent if nothing else. He knows this routine really bothers some people and he has no intention of letting up.

You are going to tell them the truth?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Won't ever happen, Donger is consistent if nothing else. He knows this routine really bothers some people and he has no intention of letting up.

Which is why he's pretty much been relegated to the position of troll here. I just feed him because I enjoy bashing his brains in and his smarmy replies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:09 PM

Same thing.

Being a prick is easy.

You can try and marginalize me all you'd like. It'll fail just like it always has, just like your trolling attempts have. You can also shit in one hand and wish in the other.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Which is why he's pretty much been relegated to the position of troll here. I just feed him because I enjoy bashing his brains in and his smarmy replies.

ROFL

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
ROFL

Come on Dong, you can do better than a smiley. You've got to, otherwise you've lost.

hahaha.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
ROFL

The devolution is complete. You are now responding like recx. Congrats.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
You can try and marginalize me all you'd like. It'll fail just like it always has, just like your trolling attempts have. You can also shit in one hand and wish in the other.

Honestly, your arrogance overwhelms your intelligence. I don't doubt that you have a brilliant intellect. Unfortunately, it's lost. You lack the ability to see beyond yourself and your arrogance. I hope that one day you will gain that ability.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
I must say I've loved the deflections herein:

"I didn't make a grammatical error"

"Ok, where was it"

"I don't believe that source"

"or that one"

"or that one"

"Ok, well which error was it"

"Ok, well, ha, I got you to dance on a string"

"Oh yeah, well I don't value your opinion"

"You're arrogant"

"I don't care if I've asked your opinion, I don't value it"

"ROFL".

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Honestly, your arrogance overwhelms your intelligence. I don't doubt that you have a brilliant intellect. Unfortunately, it's lost. You lack the ability to see beyond yourself and your arrogance. I hope that one day you will gain that ability.

I'm not the one who is unable to admit they've made a grammatical error.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not the one who is unable to admit they've made a grammatical error.

I've said from the beginning that I could be wrong. I have no problem turning my radar into myself.

Do you?

HonestChieffan
08-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Dirty laundry being washed that Obama wants hidden away....

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I've said from the beginning that I could be wrong. I have no problem turning my radar into myself.

Do you?

And yet you've been presented with a litany of evidence that shows you *are* wrong, and yet you only claim that you *may* be wrong. Not surprisingly, rather than admit this, you are trying to turn it around on me. Sorry you've exposed yourself :shrug: and sorry about the Interstate.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
And yet you've been presented with a litany of evidence that shows you *are* wrong, and yet you only claim that you *may* be wrong. Not surprisingly, rather than admit this, you are trying to turn it around on me. Sorry you've exposed yourself :shrug: and sorry about the Interstate.

All I've seen is you jumping around in an attempt to try to prove that I am fallible. It's been fun to watch, but besides that...

I don't understand why you feel the need to do so in the first place.

If I were you (and I was, to a certain extent), I'd focus more on yourself than one me.

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 11:32 PM
All I've seen is you jumping around in an attempt to try to prove that I am fallible. It's been fun to watch, but besides that...

I don't understand why you feel the need to do so in the first place.

If I were you (and I was, to a certain extent), I'd focus more on yourself than one me.

Tom?

Holy shit! Tom has been effing with us for a while.