PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WTF? Feely cut a day after signing

Pages : [1] 2

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/167

Feely's out of here

The Chiefs released veteran kicker Jay Feely today, one day after signing him.

Feely went 11-15 on field goals Monday and 13 of 15 today but that wasn't as good as either Connor Barth (28 of 30, including a perfect 15 of 15 today) or Nick Novak (27 of 30). Barth and Novak will kick for the job in Thursday night's game against the Rams at Arrowhead Stadium.

Much more to come, including some interesting comments from Feely's agent, in Wednesday's Kansas City Star.
Submitted by Adam Teicher on August 26, 2008 - 5:36pm.
login or register to post comments

corandval
08-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Told ya

Mecca
Sometimes you have to wonder if this team knows what it's doing when you see things like this happen.

Sure-Oz
WOW, WTF?

Demonpenz
Not surprising, we are in a youth movement time to get rid of some of the older guys

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Not surprising, we are in a youth movement time to get rid of some of the older guys

ROFL

FAX
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
LOLOROROLOR

What in the hell is Herm doing?

FAX

Mecca
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Feely said "whoa what's that Herm you want me to kick 60 fgs and no ep's? I'm not sure I can handle that"

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
WOW, brought in and cut after missing a couple FG's in PRACTICE? we dont know that these other guys will be able to do it in a GAME. feeley has proven that he could

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
who kicks off better?

FAX
Sometimes you have to wonder if this team knows what it's doing when you see things like this happen.

Unquestionably. This is kind of frightening. It will be interesting to hear what the agent has to say.

FAX

Mr. Plow
Seriously, who is running this team? Someone has to be playing some kind of joke on everyone.

Ah Ha! I got it. The Chiefs are so far under the cap, they will sign 10,000 players at a days salary to cover the money they need to make up.

BigChiefFan
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
I hope Barth gets his shot.

kstater
At least they didn't cut a draft pick accidentally.

OnTheWarpath58
Seriously, who is running this team? Someone has to be playing some kind of joke on everyone.

Ah Ha! I got it. The Chiefs are so far under the cap, they will sign 10,000 players at a days salary to cover the money they need to make up.

That's what I was thinking...

Probably gave him a $5M signing bonus, then cut him, just to get over the salary floor...

:D

Sure-Oz
Unquestionably. This is kind of frightening. It will be interesting to hear what the agent has to say.

FAX

I am very interested in hearing how or why this happend? Make no sense to sign a guy to a 1 year deal and let him go....i know we had to cut 1 kicker but good lord i assumed Novak or Barth would be gone

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM

ROFLROFL

Demonpenz
*you have joined xbox 360*

Hermrules :Hold on dude let me fixed my rosters
CarlPeters: Sure take your time
Hermrules: says I need two kickers
CarlPeters:really? Must be a glitch...stupid EA
Hermrules: Ok maybe I just need to do awe shit I hit "a" on accident
*Freely has been signed for 1.1 Million dollars
Hermrules: Shit!
Carlpeters: Go to menu rosters cut then highlight freeley
Hermrules:K.

*are you sure you want to cut freely?*
*you have just cut freeley*

Hermrules:Alright lets play

*you need two kickers to play in this league*

hermrules:SHIT!

OnTheWarpath58

Where is Quentin Moses right now?

smittysbar
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Jesus these dumb shits don't have a clue what they are doing.

rtmike
I wonder if Feeley opened his mouth and said the wrong thing already.

Maybe he has a potty mouth. Afterall Herm doesn't like players swearing.

Hard tellin' what the hell's going on out there.

FAX
*you have joined xbox 360*

Hermrules :Hold on dude let me fixed my rosters
CarlPeters: Sure take your time
Hermrules: says I need two kickers
CarlPeters:really? Must be a glitch...stupid EA
Hermrules: Ok maybe I just need to do awe shit I hit "a" on accident
*Freely has been signed for 1.1 Million dollars
Hermrules: Shit!
Carlpeters: Go to menu rosters cut then highlight freeley
Hermrules:K.

*are you sure you want to cut freely?*
*you have just cut freeley*

Hermrules:Alright lets play

*you need two kickers to play in this league*

hermrules:SHIT!

ROFL

Exactly.

FAX

Sure-Oz
08-26-2008, 05:04 PM

He probably saw a picture of herms wife and said he'd hit that!

Mr. Plow
08-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Did he even have time to get to KC?

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Did he even have time to get to KC?

Seeing as how he went 24/30 over the last two days, I'd say yes.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I guess they just tried him out after signing him. Or something like that. I'll bet the other kickers are scared sh*tless right now.

Cut 'em!! Cut 'em all!!

FAX

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM

If that's true I find it funny seeing as most players have potty mouth during games.

Mr. Plow
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Seeing as how he went 24/30 over the last two days, I'd say yes.

But did it say he was kicking WITH the Kansas City Chiefs? How do you know he wasn't still in Miami kicking?

Sure-Oz
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
That is ridiculous to cut a solid vet. kicker just after a stupid practice, esp 1 day after....wtf...i think Nick Novak could've been had 2 weeks from now...

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 05:08 PM
This team is a ****ing joke from top to bottom.

God damn me for starting to like them when I was in 3rd grade.

OnTheWarpath58
But did it say he was kicking WITH the Kansas City Chiefs? How do you know he wasn't still in Miami kicking?

Because another Star article said it happened at Arrowhead.

FAX
You know, this may be pure genius at work. Bring in a known quantity, experienced, veteran guy then cut his ass as soon as he misses one. Herm loves him some kicker motivation.

FAX

Bowser
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Why the hell do we keep rooting for these Bad News Bears?

Sure-Oz
08-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Amazing isn't it? Kansas City Sports for ya:doh!:

JASONSAUTO
kicker? we need a kicker????

Mr. Plow
Because another Star article said it happened at Arrowhead.

Damn. Help me out man. :D

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
This may be the most paranoid team I've ever seen when it comes to Kickers.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm starting to wonder if they brought Feely with no real intention of actually using him, just to test and see how Novak and Barth performed knowing that they were probably out of a job...

Sounds ****ed up, but by the looks of it, they both performed pretty damn well.

Sure-Oz
08-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm starting to wonder if they brought Feely with no real intention of actually using him, just to test and see how Novak and Barth performed knowing that they were probably out of a job...

We all know that doesn't mean shit though, we practice like we are the patriots apparently....perfect, crisp, and then we shit all over ourselves at game time.

damaticous
08-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Sounds like someone (Carl?) hired the kicker and someone (HErm?) didn't like the idea and kanked him...

OR....

Sounds like someone (Herm?) hired the kicker and someone (Carl?) didn't like the idea and kanked him....

Sounds like a power struggle at One Arrowhead drive to me. But what do I know...I'm just a fan.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
We all know that doesn't mean shit though, we practice like we are the patriots apparently....perfect, crisp, and then we shit all over ourselves at game time.

That's because we practice against ourselves.....I can look good playing against dudes on my street but not when the talent level actually is good.

rtmike
If that's true I find it funny seeing as most players have potty mouth during games.

Last year they had to do a one time rename of "Best Damn Sportshow" to "Best Darn" to get Herm to do a interview.

I thought something was mentioned in Hard Knocks about his disdain for swearing last year too.

Bowser
Somewhere, Nick Lowery is slowly turning around in his huge, oversized plush chair, petting a stark white cat, and laughing the worlds best diabolical laugh.

JASONSAUTO

kstater

From the Star's article announcing the signing this morning.

Hes been a good kicker in the league, coach Herm Edwards said. We decided to bring him in here and see where hes at. Wed like to have a kicker opening day, and hes our kicker. We dont want to have every other week a kicking contest again.

The Bad Guy

It's pretty easy to kick on your own practice field.

If Feely was judged solely on how he performed when being out of job for 2 weeks, then Herm is a bigger dipshit than I imagined.

Deberg_1990

I agree, im done with this franchise! Time to switch teams.

How bout dem Cowboys!!

KC Tattoo
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
WTF what about our ST coach Mike Prriefferr damn he sux.! Am I right? We go through kicker after kicker & we suck at kick off returns, we suck at stopping the enimy from returning kick offs or punt returns. I don't see our special teams so special exept for Dustin Colquit & he had a punt returned on him sat. :doh!:

Mr. Plow
Somewhere, Nick Lowery is slowly turning around in his huge, oversized plush chair, petting a stark white cat, and laughing the worlds best diabolical laugh.

That's the day the kicker curse came to KC.

Mecca

If Feely was judged solely on how he performed when being out of job for 2 weeks, then Herm is a bigger dipshit than I imagined.

This is Herm Edwards, his dipshit quota is pretty high.

Sure-Oz
From the Star's article announcing the signing this morning.

“He’s been a good kicker in the league,” coach Herm Edwards said. “We decided to bring him in here and see where he’s at. We’d like to have a kicker opening day, and he’s our kicker. We don’t want to have every other week a kicking contest again.”

LMAO, seriously??
Someone cut Herm/Carl please

Bowser
08-26-2008, 05:15 PM
How bout dem Cowboys!!

F*ck that! Root for the Jaguars!

Skip Towne
Shouldn't you try out a kicker BEFORE you sign him? We are the Keystone Chiefs.

Mecca
I agree, im done with this franchise! Time to switch teams.

How bout dem Cowboys!!

Are you homo for Romo? I had to say it it's a great line.

FAX

Um ... maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't we sign him? I mean, we could have tried him out without signing him, correct?

FAX

Mecca
F*ck that! Root for the Jaguars!

Why would you want to root for a team that resembles the 90's Chiefs? They'll never get past Indy.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM

Again, I'm not saying it went down that way - just making a guess as to what MAY have happened.

I'm wondering if Feely was going to be "judged" to begin with, or was just being used.

It's way out there, I know, but think of who we're dealing with...

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Maybe the Chiefs think kicking off is more important then making FG's.

Bowser
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Why would you want to root for a team that resembles the 90's Chiefs? They'll never get past Indy.

We'll see on that. The Jags are due to get over on the Peytons.

JASONSAUTO
WTF what about our ST coach Mike Prriefferr damn he sux.! Am I right? We go through kicker after kicker & we suck at kick off returns, we suck at stopping the enimy from returning kick offs or punt returns. I don't see our special teams so special exept for Dustin Colquit & he had a punt returned on him sat. :doh!:

not colguit's fault tho

OnTheWarpath58

Um ... maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't we sign him? I mean, we could have tried him out without signing him, correct?

FAX

Even more reason why my scenario, as ****ed up as it is, makes a sliver of sense.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if Feely's agent's comments tomorrow are basically "my client was used."

Skip Towne
Does Feely still get the million $?

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Our special teams coach completely blows, not that, that has a whole lot to do with this but that dude is a complete dipshit.

Bowser
08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
And let's not forget Carl is a "tough son-of-a-bitch" when it comes to these players. Feeley probably parked in Carl's space by mistake or something.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Even more reason why my scenario, as ****ed up as it is, makes a sliver of sense.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if Feely's comments tomorrow are basically "my client was used."

I agree. I think it's brilliant. Herm demonstrates to the young kickers what can happen to your ass if you miss one, I don't care who you are.

Let's sign a left tackle, now.

FAX

Sure-Oz
Our special teams coach completely blows, not that, that has a whole lot to do with this but that dude is a complete dipshit.
I believe this same coach was with Feely in New York

OnTheWarpath58
Does Feely still get the million $?

Only if it was in the form of a signing bonus.

I didn't see the contract details, so I don't know.

Consistent1
Must be just a roster numbers thing. He may have just needed to get used to the holder, snapper, and environment? Have you guys ever considered that they have a pretty big transistion to make flying to a different team, getting their shit together, etc? All in a day or so? They should of cut the worst of the other two, then let him battle it out.

Deberg_1990
Are you homo for Romo? I had to say it it's a great line.

Id luv to have him as the Chiefs QB. He reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

OnTheWarpath58
I agree. I think it's brilliant. Herm demonstrates to the young kickers what can happen to your ass if you miss one, I don't care who you are.

FAX

Or a DE...

Mr. Plow
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I think it's brilliant. Herm

Exactly why it didn't go down that way. The words "brilliant" & "herm" have never been used in the same paragraph.

Bowser

I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if Feely's agent's comments tomorrow are basically "my client was used."

If true, expect a grievance filed with the NFLPA post haste.

FAX
Id luv to have him as the Chiefs QB. He reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

We already have a young Kenny Stabler. Go deep, baby.

FAX

StcChief
Well why is anyone surprised..... the left side of the organization doesn't know what the right side is doing.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:21 PM

FAX

Actually that is horrendous, then you put undue pressure upon people....it's why you don't keep switching QB's if one messes up. You put a ridiculous amount of pressure on them and then they can't play their game. They have it in the front of their mind "if i **** up I'm gone"

Stuff like that does more harm than good.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Exactly why it didn't go down that way. The words "brilliant" & "herm" have never been used in the same sentence.

Don't underestimate the guy, Mr. nemesis. Herm love him some brilliant.

FAX

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Feeley probably parked in Carl's space by mistake or something.
ROFL

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Bowser again.

OnTheWarpath58
If true, expect a grievance filed with the NFLPA post haste.

How would you prove something like that?

Mr. Plow
Don't underestimate the guy, Mr. nemesis. Herm love him some brilliant.

FAX

All because of one tiny little thread, I get labeled "nemesis". Herm also loves him some tacos.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Just throwing it out there for conversation, guys.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM
All because of one tiny little thread, I get labeled "nemesis". Herm also loves him some tacos.

But he doesn't love them as much as FG's.

BigRock

Out of a job for 2 weeks, he should be as crisp as possible getting ready to tryout and stuff. That's no excuse. It isn't like they pulled him out of retirement.

B_Ambuehl
The real humor will be when someone else picks up Feely and he ends up having a better year than either one of these new assclowns.

Mr. Plow
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
But he doesn't love them as much as FG's.

Yes. But we damn well better have a kicker than can make them from 45+ yards because THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL Herm wants the offense any closer to the end zone.

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM

No need to wonder. It's pretty clear. :shake:

Skip Towne
08-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I can't wait to hear Herm explain this. I'll bet he sounds just like Dubya duh...uh....well...duh....uh...

Mr. Laz
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
hey .... if we are going youth movement then fine, go with the young guys.

but i mean WTF .... 1 day isn't even enough time for Feeley to get used to his holder. How in the heck is it a good way to judge when the guy didn't get even a remotely fair chance.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
*Carl comes into his office in the morning, sipping a cup of coffee*

Herm: Hey Carl.

Carl: Uh... hey Herm.

Herm: I'm having a GREAT time. I can see why you've been doing this for so long.

Carl: Why are you sitting at my desk?

Herm: Just wanted to see what it's like.

Carl: Uh huh.

Herm: Can't judge a man 'til you walk a mile in his--

Carl: --Get out of my chair, Herm.

Herm: K.

*Herm gets up*

*Carl sits down*

*Herm teeters nervously over Carl's desk*

Carl: Can I help you?

Herm: You play to win the game?

Carl: Whatever. You totally rearranged my desk icons on my computer. You know this isn't your stuff. Where's the personnel file? It's not in the "Recycle Bin" like I prefer it to be.

Herm: Right there.

Carl: Jesus. JESUS. DID YOU SIGN SOMEBODY?

Herm: He's a kicker.

Carl: WHAT ARE YOU DOING SIGNING PEOPLE? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Herm: Well you see I've been scrolling this Chiefs board, and he's apparently a pretty big name.

Carl: You KNOW I have to cut this guy now, right? We specifically talked about not signing him.

Carl: Herm?

Herm: You play to win--

Carl: GET OUT. OUT OUT OUT.

Herm: whoooooop whoop whoop whoop whoop! *exits*

RibKing67
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I heard that it was possible that maybe he had not recovered fully from his injury or it was worse than first thought. The signing could have been conditional on the physical.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
hey .... if we are going youth movement then fine, go with the young guys.

but i mean WTF .... 1 day isn't even enough time for Feeley to get used to his holder. How in the heck is it a good way to judge when the guy didn't get even a remotely fair chance.

In all seriousnessosity, this had to have been a personal issue. Feeley must have done or said something that pissed Hermoine off and he told him to pack his bags. It's the only reasonable explanation.

FAX

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM

:doh!: ROFL

Mr. Laz
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
I heard that it was possible that maybe he had not recovered fully from his injury or it was worse than first thought. The signing could have been conditional on the physical.

then SAY Feeley didn't pass the physical

instead of looking like a buncha dam morons

Skip Towne
08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
This is almost as good as using up two time outs on one challenge. What a total dipshit.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM

If that was the case he wouldn't have been announced as signed or been out on the practice field kicking...

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Out of a job for 2 weeks, he should be as crisp as possible getting ready to tryout and stuff. That's no excuse. It isn't like they pulled him out of retirement.

The dude had over 90% success rate on FGs last year.

Did they make his signing conditional on how he kicked in practice?

The Chiefs thought enough of the 2 scabs they had in camp to bring him in, then cut him the next day.

Real good PR move.

chiefs1111
08-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I think it is pretty obvious why we let feely go. The Lions cut Dave Rayner today and Herm wants to bring him back.

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:35 PM
This is almost as good as using up two time outs on one challenge. What a total dipshit.

I totally forgot about that. ROFL Please make it stop...

Saleenman607
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh My..........

Micjones
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
And people believe that THIS administration can successfully run a rebuilding program?
ROFL

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh My..........

Just when you think we have really hit the bottom they show us that we haven't.

RibKing67
If that was the case he wouldn't have been announced as signed or been out on the practice field kicking...

just passin on what I heard.... I don't know what really happened.

FAX
And people believe that THIS administration can successfully run a rebuilding program?
ROFL

It is a concern.

FAX

kstater
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Has WPI broke the news yet?

www.kan.scout.com

really, click the link

kregger
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I bet he kept kicking it OB on kickoff practice.

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
ROFL

Many of us don't. Hopefully Clark will join the ranks soon. :shake:

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM

ROFL

Micjones
08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Honestly... If I was Clark Hunt seeing Feely being cut a day after he was signed is the last straw.
I fire everybody on the spot.

chiefs1111

and the scary thing is,with these two in charge I have a feeling we can some how get even lower...

Spott
So Carl cuts a kicker after 1 day of practice, but it took him 2 years to cut a certain kicker that could never kick it to the end zone on kickoffs, missed chip shot FG's, extra points and clutch FG's in playoff games? What a tool.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
and the scary thing is,with these two in charge I have a feeling we can some how get even lower...

Don't worry if they go out there and go 1-15 with blackouts happening there's a good chance everyone gets fired.

chiefs1111
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Don't worry if they go out there and go 1-15 with blackouts happening there's a good chance everyone gets fired.

I sure hope so,seriously this is just getting sad..

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Honestly... If I was Clark Hunt seeing Feely being cut a day after he was signed is the last straw.

ROFL

If there was a substantial signing bonus involved, I imagine Clarkie is going to want some answers. "Get over it." may not work for Herm this time.

FAX

RibKing67
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Herm -its a kicker. just a kicker. he'll be fine.

Skip Towne
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM

We might have to keep Chan around to tell them which unit should go on the field. I wonder what he is thinking about now.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
ROFL

If there was a substantial signing bonus involved, I imagine Clarkie is going to want some answers. "Get over it." may not work for Herm this time.

FAX

If there was a substantial signing bonus involved, then it explains a lot more, IMO.

We were joking about it earlier, but they ARE still below the Salary Floor...

And don't think for a second that a move like that wouldn't happen without Clark's knowledge.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
We might have to keep Chan around to tell them which unit should go on the field. I wonder what he is thinking about now.

ROFL

I'm sure he's impressed.

FAX

the Talking Can
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
he wore shirt sleeves, didn't he?

dumbass

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM
We might have to keep Chan around to tell them which unit should go on the field.

Would it really matter?

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
If there was a substantial signing bonus involved, then it explains a lot more, IMO.

We were joking about it earlier, but they ARE still below the Salary Floor...

And don't think for a second that a move like that wouldn't happen without Clark's knowledge.

Wasting money isn't a good idea regardless of the circumstances, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. We both know that. If (and I emphasize "if") this deal cost a substantial amount and/or "if" it was done, in part, to increase the cap expenditure, it's still qualifies as completely boneheaded. Personally, I don't think Clarkie is that stupid.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Barth/Novak will miss in week 1 and Feely will be re-signed before week 2.

BigRock
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
The dude had over 90% success rate on FGs last year.

Yeah. And he got cut. And he came here knowing he was competing for a job, but couldn't beat out either guy.

The reactions in this thread are hysterical. OH MY GOD WE'VE HIT ROCK BOTTOM. Jesus, who cares? If you can't make Nick Novak look expendable, there's the door.

chiefs1111
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Barth/Novak will miss in week 1 and Feely will be re-signed before week 2.

At this point,I really wouldn't be surprised by something like that.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah. And he got cut. And he came here knowing he was competing for a job, but couldn't beat out either guy.

The reactions in this thread are hysterical. OH MY GOD WE'VE HIT ROCK BOTTOM. Jesus, who cares? If you can't make Nick Novak look expendable, there's the door.

The way this team handles the kicker position is more hysterical.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM

The reactions in this thread are hysterial. OH MY GOD WE'VE HIT ROCK BOTTOM. Jesus, who cares? If you can't make Nick Novak look expendable, there's the door.

I don't think anyone's alarmed about the cut, Mr. BigRock. It's the notion of "signing" the guy and cutting him the next day. It's safe to say that most franchises would probably (were they interested in a player) try him out, if there was any question as to his abilities, before signing him to avoid the need to cut him in the first place.

FAX

Coach
08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Oh. My. God.

That's some mighty fine rational thinking you're doing there, Cowboy.

Great idea.

Let's shitcan the entire organization, 12 days before the season opener.

Over a ****ing kicker.

Some of you guys are acting like they signed Jesus Christ and cut him the next day.

Micjones
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh. My. God.

Well... It is what I do.

Great idea.

Over a ****ing kicker.

God knows a myriad of game-management and personnel gaffs PRIOR TO aren't enough to warrant pinkslips already.
:rolleyes:

It's the sum total of their incompetence that matters.
Not the Feely debacle in of itself.

Somebody hide his keyboard.

Saleenman607
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Listen.....why is everyone stressing over this? It'll be OK....really, I mean don't get all flustered about it. It will all come to fluition, trust me. Kickers are a dime a dozen I tell ya. There's a million of em'! Relax the plan is in effect, I swear it...... let it work, no need to cuss

Regards.......Herm

kstater
08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Posted by ESPN.com' s Bill Williamson
The battle is back to Nick Novak and Connor Barth for the Chiefs' kicking job now that the Chiefs made the stunning move of cutting veteran Jay Feely, a day after signing him.

It will be interesting to see how the young kickers react. Both players have one more game, Thursday against visiting St. Louis, to make their case to be Kansas City's kicker. Novak had the edge going into last week's game at Miami but he missed his only attempt. That's when the teams brought in Feely on Monday. However, Feely was chopped Tuesday after a poor showing Monday and a decent showing Tuesday.

Apparently, the Chiefs didn't think Feely was far enough ahead of Novak and Barth so the as quickly as Kansas City decided to bring in Feely, the decided to usher him out.
Kickers often have fragile mental states and it will be interesting to see if Novak or Barth are rattled by this week's development. In actuality, they should be recharged. They both essentially beat out Feely in a two-day tryout.

Now, we are onto the final round of what has become a fascinating competition.

Kansas City Chiefs, Jay Feely, Nick Novak, Connor Barth

Chief Faithful
08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
They just needed to spend some money to get above the league minimum salary. :shake:

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Well... It is what I do.

God knows a myriad of game-management and personnel gaffs PRIOR TO aren't enough to warrant pinkslips already.
:rolleyes:

It's the sum total of their incompetence that matters.
Not the Feely debacle in of itself.

Keep trying to justify firing the entire organization TWELVE DAYS before the opener...

ROFL

Hide MY Keyboard?

I'm not the one doing the KcChiefsFan88 impression...

Coach
08-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I can see Jack Harry having a major field day with this....

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Some of you guys are acting like they signed Jesus Christ and cut him the next day.

Jesus Christ hates the Chiefs.

He'd never sign with them.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:07 PM
They brought him in for a "look", tried to improve a position, and let him go after some competition in which they determined the guys they had gave them a better shot. Isn't that what people are clamoring for, bringing in guys for these so called "looks"? Who cares if they "signed" him to a one year deal, it is not like it is going to affect the cap in anyway.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM

ROFL

evolve27
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Is this a joke?

stumppy
08-26-2008, 06:09 PM

QFT

tmax63
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Since this is idle speculation I'll play along. If he didn't kick into the end zone on kick-offs for 2 days running I'd cut him. Our coverage teams need to have someone who makes half their tackles for them on the kick-off. If he's missing more than the one's we already got I'd cut him too but I'd give him a third day (maybe). I never did like kickers. Ther needs to be an option of placing the ball on the 30 yd line and do away with kickers totally. 2 pt conversions only. Punters only if they can and did play another position.:evil:

DaWolf
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
It probably had more to do with Feely's weak kickoffs than anything.

BigRock
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't think anyone's alarmed about the cut, Mr. BigRock. It's the notion of "signing" the guy and cutting him the next day. It's safe to say that most franchises would probably (were they interested in a player) try him out, if there was any question as to his abilities, before signing him to avoid the need to cut him in the first place.

Then people are "alarmed" over an issue of semantics. Feely was obviously here for a tryout.

Maybe he thinks he's been around long enough that he doesn't have to try out before getting a contract, and the team humored him. Maybe the Chiefs asked him to come tryout and his agent said he had an offer from another team, so they signed him just to get him here.

Regardless, does it really justify this unending stream of dramatic overreactions? They signed him to a one-year contract. And he was here two days, knowing the cuts were today, and he couldn't perform well enough to make them say "Gee, I think we can safely get rid of Nick Novak now". Get rid of him. Who cares?

And completely lost is the little nugget that Conner Barth, under the pressure of getting cut, didn't miss a single thing today.

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't see why anybody cares. Kickers get signed and cut all of the time. It didn't cost us anything and apparently they didn't like something they saw. He got booted from Miami for some reason after going 32/34 last year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Since this is idle speculation I'll play along. If he didn't kick into the end zone on kick-offs for 2 days running I'd cut him. Our coverage teams need to have someone who makes half their tackles for them on the kick-off. If he's missing more than the one's we already got I'd cut him too but I'd give him a third day (maybe). I never did like kickers. Ther needs to be an option of placing the ball on the 30 yd line and do away with kickers totally. 2 pt conversions only. Punters only if they can and did play another position.:evil:

Anyone know about what the average amount of kickoffs that go for touchbacks is in the league? Just curious, because it seems like every team's fans complain about the kicker not kicking deep enough on kickoffs.

FAX
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh. My. God.

Great idea.

Over a ****ing kicker.

Simmah!!! Simmah down nah!!!

I want to hear the explanation for this. On both sides. It sounds as though Feeley has a grievance. If he does, he certainly deserves his day in court. Remember, it typically isn't the act that does you in, it's the cover-up. So, let's make sure this scandal is fully investigated.

The fact is that Hermoine may be out there spending good money on bad kickers willy nilly. You can't have that. On top of that, right now our other poor kickers are all a'twinder at the thought of missing a 48 yarder from the right hash and we're going to need all the field goals we can get this year. On the surface, it looks like corruption and malfeasance and misconduct and wrongdoing at its worst and, if that isn't cause for a complete house cleaning, nothing is.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Just for grins, it would be interesting to see both Novak and Barth meltdown on Thurs. and then watch the reaction at 1 Arrowhead.

FringeNC
08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Actually, the Chiefs cutting him after one day is a positive -- demonstrating that the front office is not afraid to admit a mistake. The negative is the idiot who wanted to sign him in the first place: Poor scouting + Herm's desperation to play for FGs.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Then people are "alarmed" over an issue of semantics. Feely was obviously here for a tryout.

Maybe he thinks he's been around long enough that he doesn't have to try out before getting a contract, and the team humored him. Maybe the Chiefs asked him to come tryout and his agent said he had an offer from another team, so they signed him just to get him here.

Regardless, does it really justify this unending stream of dramatic overreactions? They signed him to a one-year contract. And he was here two days, knowing the cuts were today, and he couldn't perform well enough to make them say "Gee, I think we can safely get rid of Nick Novak now". Get rid of him. Who cares?

And completely lost is the little nugget that Conner Barth, under the pressure of getting cut, didn't miss a single thing today.

Rep.

FAX
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
...And completely lost is the little nugget that Conner Barth, under the pressure of getting cut, didn't miss a single thing today.

Although I am, at this juncture, unprepared to quell my extreme overreaction and undue panic, this is an excellent point, Mr. BigRock.

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Rebuilding. Get over it.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Rumblings that he failed his physical.

Zouk
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM

Thank you. This is exactly the key point of the whole thing.

My guess is Feely got no signing bonus. If he's on the roster after the weekend his salary is guaranteed for the whole year even if he misses every kick he takes. If we resign him after week 1, his salary is not guaranteed.

Feely comes here and misses 5 kicks while the rookie with promise listens to the coaches who are telling him he still has a shot and nails every single kick. It would be scandalous if they kept Feely after that.

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I was a Chicago Bears fan in 1985... and started liking the hometown Chiefs in 1986.... I should have stuck with da Bears.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Do you realize what the percentage of touchbacks in the league is, it's not very high, the league purposely moved the kickoff line back to not have touchbacks they want returns.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I am hoping Barth wins the job. They brought him in some competition that Medlock didn't have last year and he handled it well. Now he just needs to get it done in game action.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't really care either way, it just doesn't really look good.

Pasta Giant Meatball
Do you realize what the percentage of touchbacks in the league is, it's not very high, the league purposely moved the kickoff line back to not have touchbacks they want returns.

That's why i asked the question about the league average on kickoffs, because it doesn't seem like there are very many of them.

Count Zarth
Has WPI broke the news yet?

www.kan.scout.com (http://www.kan.scout.com)

really, click the link

Unfortunately Nick is on the west coast ATM.

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Some of you are blowing this "competition" thing clearly out of the water.

Kicking in a non-game situation means very little to me.

Any kickers can kick when they are practicing, but in game situations is what matters.

Feely has done it. Barth hasn't, and Novak sucks at it.

Saleenman607
Although I am, at this juncture, unprepared to quell my extreme overreaction and undue panic, this is an excellent point, Mr. BigRock.

FAX

Also lost with this reasoning is the fact that it wasn't a real game. The Chiefs practice great in all phases. The problems come GAMETIME.

Sure-Oz
I can see Jack Harry having a major field day with this....

He didn't really say anything about it, but laughed at the luncheon and carl's comments..

OnTheWarpath58

Any word on if he failed his physical? A buddy of mine heard through the grapevine that he did, and was let go.

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Unfortunate for the West Coast.

DeezNutz

Rumblings that he failed his physical.

Door A or B?

Mecca

Any kickers can kick when they are practicing, but in game situations is what matters.

I agree with what you're saying, game and practice aren't the same.....I don't see how you could even consider going with Novak that dude has been awful in real games.

The Bad Guy
Any word on if he failed his physical? A buddy of mine heard through the grapevine that he did, and was let go.

He couldn't have failed a physical. He would never be kicking for the Chiefs in any situation if he did.

They listed him on the website, and practiced for 2 days.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
IIRC, in Doug Tucker's AP story yesterday, Herm said there would basically be a "kick-off" on Monday, and one of the three would be cut.

Notice he didn't say that there would be a kick-off on Monday and either Barth or Novak would be cut...

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok last year in touchbacks I won't count the top guy he only kicked off 11 times in Denver...

Janikowski 22 TB's in 65 KO's that lead at 33.8 percent, so that should tell you how small the TB number is...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2007/kickoffs/0_byTB_PCT.html

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, this is certainly a crazy event. Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy ****ed up Chiefs.

Zouk
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM

The pressure of kicking for a $295,000/year job is actually much greater than any football game. If Barth doesn't win this job he's probably on the hellish route of looking for CFL work and the like. As long as the Chiefs had a good rush to replicate game conditions, I think it's an excellent test.

OnTheWarpath58
He couldn't have failed a physical. He would never be kicking for the Chiefs in any situation if he did.

They listed him on the website, and practiced for 2 days.

Players are signed all the time, pending a physical.

Anyway, just passing on what I had heard...

The Bad Guy
If you have good kick coverage units, and a non-braindead ST coach, touchbacks don't mean shit.

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Players are signed all the time, pending a physical.

Anyway, just passing on what I had heard...

On KCChiefs.com, they only list players that have signed on the team roster.

Bwana
Just when I thought I had see it all from these cowns. ****en idiots. :shake:

Count Zarth
Just when I thought I had see it all from these cowns. ****en idiots. :shake:

They're not ****ing idiots if it gets us a good kicker this year.

But yeah, what are the chances of that? We tha Chiefs! :doh!:

Chiefnj2
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM

Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
The pressure of kicking for a $295,000/year job is actually much greater than any football game. If Barth doesn't win this job he's probably on the hellish route of looking for CFL work and the like. As long as the Chiefs had a good rush to replicate game conditions, I think it's an excellent test.

He's been kicking for 295,000 all camp.

You can never, ever replicate game-like kicking situations in practice.

The elements are always different.

the Talking Can
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM

gross

but not surprising

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
If you have good kick coverage units, and a non-braindead ST coach, touchbacks don't mean shit.

Well we have a god awful special teams coach, how that guy has a job baffles me.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
He's been kicking for 295,000 all camp.

You can never, ever replicate game-like kicking situations in practice.

The elements are always different.

I agree with that, but isn't a battle better then saying here you go kid the job is yours?

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
YES but is two days a battle?

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree with that, but isn't a battle better then saying here you go kid the job is yours?

I just don't get why Feely was brought in at all.

The last thing this team needed now was more BS about the shoddy ways of the FO.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok last year in touchbacks I won't count the top guy he only kicked off 11 times in Denver...

Janikowski 22 TB's in 65 KO's that lead at 33.8 percent, so that should tell you how small the TB number is...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2007/kickoffs/0_byTB_PCT.html

Cool, thanks for posting that. Robbie Gould at only 3 percent was the worst. Heck, ole man Carney was better.

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM

The last thing this team needed now was more BS about the shoddy ways of the FO.

Meh. People are probably making a bigger deal out of it than it deserves to be.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM

Yeah, it does seem pretty stupid the way the whole thing was handled.

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Cool, thanks for posting that. Robbie Gould at only 3 percent was the worst. Heck, ole man Carney was better.

is there any stats on what percentage of KO's go into the endzone? not TB's but caught in the endzone? because it seems as if all our kicks go to the 5-10 yard line

tmax63
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM

If the queen had balls she would be king. The kick coverage hasn't showed up so far and I not sure about the ST coach either.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM
is there any stats on what percentage of KO's go into the endzone? not TB's but caught in the endzone? because it seems as if all our kicks go to the 5-10 yard line

Well like Mecca said, the league wants kick returns, so that is a problem for most of the teams in the league. Guys with the leg to go deep every kick are few and far between since they moved where they kickoff from back.

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
i know it just seems as though we are worse than most teams in this aspect in games that i've watched

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
This team is so clueless.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Well like Mecca said, the league wants kick returns, so that is a problem for most of the teams in the league. Guys with the leg to go deep every kick are few and far between since they moved where they kickoff from back.

You just have to be able to cover kicks....most teams can do this.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
You just have to be able to cover kicks....most teams can do this.

Lack of depth, leading to guys on the field that can't get it done? Or maybe bad coaching in that area? Or both?? I'll go with both.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Lack of depth, leading to guys on the field that can't get it done? Or maybe bad coaching in that area? Or both?? I'll go with both.

It's coaching, special teams is nearly all backups, guys drafted that year stuff like that. Bad special teams when it comes to kick coverage and blocking is usually a product of coaching.

Guru
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM
WTF? WHAT? REALLY?

WTF is wrong with the management of this team? Just when you thought they couldn't get more bizarre.

Skip Towne
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
I always post in the game thread how deep the kickoffs go. Barth put one 5 yds deep in the EZ against Miami.

KurtCobain
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
I like barth's leg power.

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Like I said before, Rayner and Tynes are both enjoying their new gigs.

Just don't call back any of the Andersens.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Rayner enjoyed his gig so much he got cut today...

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM

ROFL

And Tynes could be out for the year with a knee injury.

Alphaman
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
WTF? WHAT? REALLY?

WTF is wrong with the management of this team? Just when you thought they couldn't get more bizarre.

I don't understand the outrage. Over the past 2 days the Chiefs let these 3 guys compete against each other. They each had 30 field goals and Feely had the lowest made percentage. They chose to keep the guys who won the competition rather than the name. Further, Feely struggles with kickoff depth. The logic in this decision is sound even if it is unpopular.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Kris Wilson would make a good RB as well

Mr. Arrowhead
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
i hope they go with Barth

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't understand the outrage. Over the past 2 days the Chiefs let these 3 guys compete against each other. They each had 30 field goals and Feely had the lowest made percentage. They chose to keep the guys who won the competition rather than the name. Further, Feely struggles with kickoff depth. The logic in this decision is sound even if it is unpopular.

Exactly.

Like I said earlier, Herm said that the three of them would be having a "kick-off" and that one of them would be cut on Tuesday.

Well, they had the kick-off, and Feely was let go.

BFD.

sedated
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM

touchbacks should count in fantasy

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM

He'll get hired again.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Kris Wilson would make a good RB as well

Oh, he'd unseat Westbrook out in Philly that's for sure. They just have to give him the chance!

The Bad Guy
08-26-2008, 07:49 PM

Yes, every kicking competition was decided by two days of practice.

There is no logic in cutting a proven guy after 2 days of practice.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, every kicking competition was decided by two days of practice.

There is no logic in cutting a proven guy after 2 days of practice.

But it's OK to bring a guy in, without "signing" him, and then telling him thanks but no thanks when he's not up to par?

That happens all the time.

People are getting too hung up on the semantics of "signing" Feely.

Maybe they heard someone was getting ready to sign him, and the only way they could get him in to take a look at him to make sure was to sign him themselves?

Kicker c***block?

Regardless, it's really not that big of a deal, and we're right back where we should have stayed to begin with - letting these two fight for the job.

aturnis
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Here's what I don't understand. Feely didn't get much of a chance. He hasn't exactly been practicing as of late. Maybe he could have benefited from a few more days. but here are my thoughts.

Maybe Herm only brought Feely in as motivation with no intent on ever keeping him. In order to really fuel the competition. With the result being that each of our two kickers proved they could out-kick a big "time kicker". Now, maybe, they are left with some confidence through this whole experience.

Now in order for this to make any sense, I guess Feely would have had to have been in on it. So not real probable.

Anyhow. For the last three days, Both Barth and Novack have been making every kick count. Each an every kick more important than the last. All this and yet both came through under the largest amount of pressure either has experienced up until this point. Maybe this is the making of a clutch kicker. Or...maybe, we look too deeply into these sorts of things. Either way, go team!

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Either way they're putting more effort into finding a kicker than they did with ****ing Medlock.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Either way they're putting more effort into finding a kicker than they did with ****ing Medlock.

And people are still bitching...

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Here's what I don't understand. Feely didn't get much of a chance. He hasn't exactly been practicing as of late. Maybe he could have benefited from a few more days. but here are my thoughts.

Maybe Herm only brought Feely in as motivation with no intent on ever keeping him. In order to really fuel the competition. With the result being that each of our two kickers proved they could out-kick a big "time kicker". Now, maybe, they are left with some confidence through this whole experience.

Now in order for this to make any sense, I guess Feely would have had to have been in on it. So not real probable.

Anyhow. For the last three days, Both Barth and Novack have been making every kick count. Each an every kick more important than the last. All this and yet both came through under the largest amount of pressure either has experienced up until this point. Maybe this is the making of a clutch kicker. Or...maybe, we look too deeply into these sorts of things. Either way, go team!

Kicking in practice and kicking in games = apples and oranges.

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
And people are still bitching...

It's the planet. "Please bitch about all things Chiefs" should be added into the TOS.

aturnis
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Kicking in practice and kicking in games = apples and oranges.

Yeah, but kicking against a guy who has ultimately become your friend and kicking against that friend and a complete stranger who has come in to send one of you home is also apple and oranges.

Iowanian
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
.....Some guy named Justin Medlock, who was a 5th round pick last year just got cut by St Louis.....

jspchief
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Big deal. The guy was working on his 4th team in as many years. If he was worth a shit he wouldn't be floating around on the scrap heap.

At least a young guy like Barth could potentially grow. Feely has had 7+ years to prove he can perform at an NFL level and apparently hasn't convinced anyone.

Buehler445
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM

The Donko bitches got a leg. I watched part of the Packer/Donko bitches game on NFLN today while trying to catch a nap, and that ****er was just wide left of making it through the uprights! He's got a hell of a kickoff. Let's hope the bastard can't hit shit.

Well we have a god awful special teams coach, how that guy has a job baffles me.

This is most definitely QFT. Our special teams have been complete ass since he got here. My god, that Ginn return was atrocious.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Big deal. The guy was working on his 4th team in as many years. If he was worth a shit he wouldn't be floating around on the scrap heap.

At least a young guy like Barth could potentially grow. Feely has had 7+ years to prove he can perform at an NFL level and apparently hasn't convinced anyone.

Exactly.

You need to post more, man. This place needs more guys like you, and fewer douchebags like 88...

Sure-Oz
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM

Great post...

I would love it if Barth can win this whole thing. My initial reaction was that i was crazy they signed him for 24 hrs and then cut him right away. If it was some scrub player then i think most of us wouldn't have thought twice.

UTChief
08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
I just listened to Herms Q&A and ronda asked him if feely would kick against the rams herm said he didnt know which two would be here. I think he was signed for the sole purpose to put presure on the other two during the kick off compitition and see how they would respond never having intentions of keeping him.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I haven't read this thread, it's way too long. It's probably been said and argued over and over but I'm gonna chime in anyway. :evil:

This is ****ing stupid to me. 1. You have to have other scrubs on this team that you're ready to cut. 2. How are you gonna cut the guy based on what he does in practice over 24 hours? A bad day maybe? Jesus. 3. I forgot 3. 4. You're not giving yourself a good reputation to other veterans by pulling this shit.

Bottom line, if you're not ready to give someone a couple of weeks to see how they work out, then don't offer the ****ing contract. This just makes these guys look like they have their heads up their asses IMO. How does this happen?

wazu
08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Something bad must have happened. This is way too embarrassing a stunt for even the Chiefs to pull without good cause. Maybe Feely was being a meatgazer in the showers or something.

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Something bad must have happened. This is way too embarrassing a stunt for even the Chiefs to pull without good cause. Maybe Feely was being a meatgazer in the showers or something.

Here's what we put up:

http://kan.scout.com/2/783542.html

The first cuts are in, and one may surprise you. One day after the Chiefs signed veteran kicker Jay Feely, he was released. There are conflicting reports as to why - one says there were contract complications and the other cites an undisclosed injury. More information will likely come later in the week, so stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated.com for updates.

Also:

Another transaction was completed Tuesday when the Chiefs placed wide receiver and return specialist Kevin Robinson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3724380) on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Robinson has been hampered by a knee injury throughout training camp and the preseason. He initially held out hope to suit up this year, but will probably be placed on injured reserve instead. This increases the possibility that preseason standout Dantrell Savage (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3049240) will make the team.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Those 2 scenarios are the only ones that make any sense.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Along with ASST HC Dick Curl, how the **** does he keep his job is beyond me...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
*Carl comes into his office in the morning, sipping a cup of coffee*

Herm: Hey Carl.

Carl: Uh... hey Herm.

Herm: I'm having a GREAT time. I can see why you've been doing this for so long.

Carl: Why are you sitting at my desk?

Herm: Just wanted to see what it's like.

Carl: Uh huh.

Herm: Can't judge a man 'til you walk a mile in his--

Carl: --Get out of my chair, Herm.

Herm: K.

*Herm gets up*

*Carl sits down*

*Herm teeters nervously over Carl's desk*

Carl: Can I help you?

Herm: You play to win the game?

Carl: Whatever. You totally rearranged my desk icons on my computer. You know this isn't your stuff. Where's the personnel file? It's not in the "Recycle Bin" like I prefer it to be.

Herm: Right there.

Carl: Jesus. JESUS. DID YOU SIGN SOMEBODY?

Herm: He's a kicker.

Carl: WHAT ARE YOU DOING SIGNING PEOPLE? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Herm: Well you see I've been scrolling this Chiefs board, and he's apparently a pretty big name.

Carl: You KNOW I have to cut this guy now, right? We specifically talked about not signing him.

Carl: Herm?

Herm: You play to win--

Carl: GET OUT. OUT OUT OUT.

Herm: whoooooop whoop whoop whoop whoop! *exits*
:thumb:ROFL:thumb:ROFL:thumb:ROFL:thumb:ROFL

Post of the freaking year!

OMG dude! That is some funny shit!

Dylan
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
It probably had more to do with Feely's weak kickoffs than anything.

Bingo!

The Chiefs would have started at the 40 yard line on average if he stayed.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Bingo!

The Chiefs would have started at the 40 yard line on average if he stayed.
Good thing, so now we will be starting around 30 - 35, phew, I was worried...

Groves
08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Just curious, does being employed under an NFL contract for one or two days ever earn you anything? Do they prorate the salary per day? per game?

Dylan
08-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Good thing, so now we will be starting around 30 - 35, phew, I was worried...
LMAO

Fish
08-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Along with ASST HC Dick Curl, how the **** does he keep his job is beyond me...

Hey. I agree. 1st time. :thumb:

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey. I agree. 1st time. :thumb:
Well lets not make a habit of it, then we wouldnt have anything to debate!

milkman
08-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Or a DE...

Or MLB.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-27-2008, 06:28 AM
sucks.. I was looking forward to Feely's sh!t talking.

I wonder how much money he got for his short stay.

milkman
08-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Another transaction was completed Tuesday when the Chiefs placed wide receiver and return specialist Kevin Robinson on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Robinson has been hampered by a knee injury throughout training camp and the preseason. He initially held out hope to suit up this year, but will probably be placed on injured reserve instead. This increases the possibility that preseason standout Dantrell Savage will make the team.

Which leads me to this next question.

How the hell does BJ Sams survive the first cut?

FAX
08-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Another transaction was completed Tuesday when the Chiefs placed wide receiver and return specialist Kevin Robinson on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Robinson has been hampered by a knee injury throughout training camp and the preseason. He initially held out hope to suit up this year, but will probably be placed on injured reserve instead. This increases the possibility that preseason standout Dantrell Savage will make the team.

One gets the feeling that some veterans have developed techniques for surviving cut days that have little or nothing to do with their performance on the field, Mr. milkman.

FAX

beach tribe
08-27-2008, 06:56 AM

I agree. WHY??!! did I have to fall in love with this team. It's torture.

milkman
08-27-2008, 07:05 AM
One gets the feeling that some veterans have developed techniques for surviving cut days that have little or nothing to do with their performance on the field, Mr. milkman.

FAX

So what you're saying is that their sucking isn't limited to on field performance?

milkman
08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
I agree. WHY??!! did I have to fall in love with this team. It's torture.

The sad part is, if this was a relationship with a woman, we'd have cut ties with that bitch years ago.

Buehler445
08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Quote:

I posted this in another thread yesterday. I think it is still applicable.

Mother ****er, if we cut Savage and keep Sams, I am going to go on a mass mudering spree. I don't know who or what I will be killing, but something will have to die. Fumbling the ball is a HUGE deal. Stepping out of bounds is not. Especially when the guy that stepped out is BETTER.

Cut Novak, go with Barth. Tell him he is your man. Tell him he has this year locked up and we will compete next offseason. If you cut a guy for every field goal he misses, you're probably gonna start getting in your kicker's head. The last thing you need to do is get in a kicker's head.

Our LB situation is boned. I heard good things about Octavian, but apparently he hasn't turned out.

alpha_omega
08-27-2008, 07:28 AM
This really doesn't bother me.

You bring in somebody you think might be better than what you already have, and it turns out they aren't...so you get rid of them and stick with what you have.

Granted, we picked the wrong guy last year...but that is another story.

KcMizzou
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
This really doesn't bother me.

You bring in somebody you think might be better than what you already have, and it turns out they aren't...so you get rid of them and stick with what you have.

Granted, we picked the wrong guy last year...but that is another story.Agreed.

Redrum_69
08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Lin Elliot had a longer stay in KC....

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Lin elliot also has a super bowl ring

Micjones
08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Quote:

Thursday will decide who our returnman will be.

I think it's clear Savage has more upside, but to this staff that doesn't matter.

Rausch
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I think it's clear Savage has more upside, but to this staff that doesn't matter.

I'd argue Savage is the only guy with upside...

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Thursday will decide who our returnman will be.

True, this is the same staff that thought they could make a playoff run last year with Huard of all people....:LOL:

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
The staff likes BJ sams heady play. Not turning the ball over and making mistakes is the key to keeping games close. Which the chiefs need this year

Rausch
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
The staff likes BJ sams heady play. Not turning the ball over and making mistakes is the key to keeping games close. Which the chiefs need this year

Sometimes i likes butter on my potatoes...

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I think that boneheaded play by savage sealed his fate. You can't play in this league with mistakes like that

Rausch
08-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I think that boneheaded play by savage sealed his fate. You can't play in this league with mistakes like that

Mahogany.

Just say it out loud. It's fun.

Micjones
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I'd argue Savage is the only guy with upside...

I would agree.

But Herman Edwards doesn't really trust young players to answer the bell and be responsible with big roles.