PDA

View Full Version : Elections Hillary's speech won't work tonight and here is why...

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:21 PM
the DEMS are terrified to admit to themselves the reason but it is because it's bigger than Hillary now. She was the straw that broke the camels back and caused many DEMS to look at their voting habits, their conscience, and their values and realize that this party no longer truly represents what they believe.

It took taking a certain lock of voter block reassessing where they've been and where they have felt taken advantage of and where they've felt alienated and finally realized that the Democratic Party was causing this not fixing it.

Hillary won't be able to fix it any more than she could have caused it. She was the unintended beneficiary of the realization but not the instigator of it.

For these Dems no matter what she says it is not going to matter because it's bigger than her.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Shut the **** up you wackjob.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Shut the **** up you wackjob.

I'm just warning you. Folks like myself took TWENTY SIX years of false promises and abuse before we woke the fugg up.

Hillary pleading to continue to play along with the charade isn't going to change many of the made up minds out there.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
A more likely scenario is that you're just a dumb bitch.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm just warning you. Folks like myself took TWENTY SIX years of false promises and abuse before we woke the fugg up.

Hillary pleading to continue to play along with the charade isn't going to change many of the made up minds out there.

http://barkbarkwoofwoof.blogspot.com/Yogi%20Bear%20Cropped%2012-11-05.JPG

You're duuuuuuuuuumberrrrrrrrr than the average bitch!

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Hillary pleading to continue to play along with the charade isn't going to change many of the minds out there.

Somebody get Larry Sinclair to post on chiefsplanet so he and memy can tell us what is really going down.

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Folks like myself

Are marginalized and crazy and have been pushed out.

It is fantastic.

Bye.

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Ignore IT....

I will continue to post this on all of IT's threads in an attempt to subliminally get my point across so that eventually IT will stop posting IT's desperate attempts to seek attention for Itself.

Friendo
08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Folks like myself

Folks like yourself think Obama is a phony but John Edwards was the real deal. Folks like yourself think Larry Sinclar is a prophet who will unveil the truth about NOBAMA.

banyon
08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
To be fair, there's a sizeable contingent including myself that would've felt this way had Hillary won, but for actual, articulable reasons.

Donger
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
So much hate.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Ignore IT....

I will continue to post this on all of IT's threads in an attempt to subliminally get my point across so that eventually IT will stop posting IT's desperate attempts to seek attention for Itself.

ChiefsPlanet Ignore feature meet 'I can't stop whining cuz I'm a fussy pussy cry baby' Cannibal.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
So much hate.

No kidding, I hate to see these folks after I spend four years blasting their loser like I did you and the rest of the CONS. It's only been six months and they are already at this level.

Shocking, really.

|Zach|
No kidding, I hate to see these folks after I spend four years blasting their loser like I did you and the rest of the CONS. It's only been six months and they are already at this level.

Shocking, really.

Yea, because that did a lot for you.

Donger

Shocking, really.

"Welcome, to the real world"

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Denise really needs her own blog/website where she can connect to people who are like her and think like her... and so she will leave here.

memyselfI
"Welcome, to the real world"

Nah,, I knew what they were capable of. I just wonder if they realize what hypocrites they are. I remember how they'd blast folks for saying the same shit...

but then I was on their side. I'm not fighting for their guy so they changed their tune about the personal attacks, didn't they???

DaKCMan AP

Shocking, really.

Hopefully you join pig****er and just leave the country.

Friendo
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
So much hate.

I don't hate her-I think she's fOnny!

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Denise really needs her own blog/website where she can connect to people who are like her and think like her... and so she will leave here.

ROFL

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:41 PM

She can have windows open for chiefsplanet and leftquarter at the same time.

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Why such hateful attacks against mememe? I thought libs. were hugging, loving sorts?

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
NahHello - commatard on the loose. I knew what they were capable of. I just wonder if they realize what hypocrites they are. I remember how they'd blast folks for saying the same shit...

but then I was on their side. I'm not fighting for their guy so they changed their tune about the personal attacks, didn't they???

STFU bitch. You're the queen slut of hypocrites. You've never been on this 'side' - you've always been a worthless piece of cow dung.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
NahHello - commatard on the loose. I knew what they were capable of. I just wonder if they realize what hypocrites they are. I remember how they'd blast folks for saying the same shit...

Nobody has liked you around here for years. You are too crazy.

Taco John
the DEMS are terrified to admit to themselves the reason but it is because it's bigger than Hillary now. She was the straw that broke the camels back and caused many DEMS to look at their voting habits, their conscience, and their values and realize that this party no longer truly represents what they believe.

It took taking a certain lock of voter block reassessing where they've been and where they have felt taken advantage of and where they've felt alienated and finally realized that the Democratic Party was causing this not fixing it.

Hillary won't be able to fix it any more than she could have caused it. She was the unintended beneficiary of the realization but not the instigator of it.

For these Dems no matter what she says it is not going to matter because it's bigger than her.

I think you put too much stock in your own opinion. I work with two ladies, both of whom have donated to the Hillary campaign, both of which said they wouldn't be voting for Obama, both of which are now talking about how bad a McCain presidency would be. By November, they'll both be wearing O shirts.

beer bacon
Why such hateful attacks against mememe? I thought libs. were hugging, loving sorts?

Memy has been loathed around here for a long time. She is just batshit insane.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Apparently not. Apparently not only my party was not what I thought but the entire 'Liberal' philosophy/ mentality wasn't either.
:doh!:

Friendo
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I think you put too much stock in your own opinion. I work with two ladies, both of whom have donated to the Hillary campaign, both of which said they wouldn't be voting for Obama, both of which are now talking about how bad a McCain presidency would be. By November, they'll both be wearing O shirts.

my wife was pissed for a bit, but she's getting over it.

DeezNutz
Memy has been loathed around here for a long time. She is just batshit insane.

Let's say this is true. First, she wouldn't be alone in this regard. Second, does this justify the name calling and sexist language?

memyselfI
Nobody has liked you around here for years. You are too crazy.

And I've been in LOTS of therapy because of the dent to my self esteem this has caused...ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Laz

surely you're not suggesting that Hillary Clinton will be less than genuine in her speech tonight?

i mean IF HILLARY SAYS she is backing Barrack Obama then SHE IS backing Barrack Obama.

i mean she wouldn't lie about such a serious issue even if the Democratic leadership tried to push her to it. She is much to strong to sacrifice her supporters to give in to that.

Friendo
08-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Let's say this is true. First, she wouldn't be alone in this regard. Second, does this justify the name calling and sexist language?

wake the fug up dude--she's been a troll on this issue--don't feign density.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Rich Gannon needs to renew his restraining order. Bitch has gone beyond the previous level of batshit crazy.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Let's say this is true. First, she's not alone in this regard. Second, does this justify the name calling and sexist language?

It is true. If you don't know this then you haven't been visiting chiefsplanet for all that long. Memy has been a scourge to this fair forum for ages. She brings the crazy to any and every thread she posts in.

memyselfI

Then they are not the folks I'm talking about here. I'm talking about those who began to reassess what being a Democrat meant to them after this nomination process. And they realized that it wasn't what they once believed it was.

But they are those who are equally as angry about Iraq, and FISA, and capitualating to DUHbya. The nomination of NObama being seen as a symptom not the disease.

beer bacon
And I've been in LOTS of therapy because of the dent to my self esteem this has caused...ROFLROFLROFL

If you were concerned about your insanity then you would not be insane.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:50 PM
surely you're not suggesting that Hillary Clinton will be less than genuine in her speech tonight?

i mean IF HILLARY SAYS she is backing Barrack Obama then SHE IS backing Barrack Obama.

i mean she wouldn't lie about such a serious issue even if the Democratic leadership tried to push her to it. She is much to strong to sacrifice her supporters to give in to that.

I'm saying it's beyond Hillary at this point. She can say what she wants but they are motivated to change beyond what she can do within the confines of the Democratic Party.

It's really a shame for her but she will not be able to reach people who are disillusioned beyond her. She will be blamed for being unable to reach them and convince them but its not about HER.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM

I remember when I used to make myself look like an ass trying to defend that attention whore like this. Then one day it dawned on me what a fool she was making out of me.

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
wake the fug up dude--she's been a troll on this issue--don't feign density.

I've seen her previous comments about Obama/Hillary. This is great ammunation to use to make fun of someone, and she should expect to take some grief. A lot of grief.

Personal attacks are taking this too far, IMO. It's different from bashing her stance on a specific issue.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
I remember when I used to make myself look like an ass trying to defend that attention whore like this. Then one day it dawned on me what a fool she was making out of me.

OH! Paco!

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM

If not supporting personal attacks and sexist language makes one an ass, I guess I'm guilty.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM

I never once asked for anyone's defense. I don't need it. I don't really want it. My opinion is worth the same of everyone else's around here...

not much once you step away from the computer. And even less sitting in front of it. I think the fact that I don't care makes people think I'm crazy. Like their opinion of me should mean something to ME. Uh, and then they think I am the crazy one.ROFLROFLROFL

kstater

Heh

DaKCMan AP
It is true. If you don't know this then you haven't been visiting chiefsplanet for all that long. Memy has been a scourge to this fair forum for ages. She brings the crazy to any and every thread she posts in.

Remember when she claimed she'd never ever ever visit/post at CP??? Bitch lies and flip-flops more than recxjoke's head under Guiliani's desk.

Friendo
I've seen her previous comments about Obama/Hillary. This is great ammunation to use to make fun of someone, and she should expect to take some grief. A lot of grief.

Personal attacks are taking this too far, IMO. It's different from bashing her stance on a specific issue.

not when she's condescending about it--in for a penny/in for a pound!

RJ

Shocking, really.

That's a very unfair statement. The Planet Libs took months to start getting nasty with you and wanting you to leave. The Planet Cons, on the other hand, got nasty with you and wanted you to leave before you even arrived. There is really no comparison.

Just wanting to set the record straight.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Then they are not the folks I'm talking about here.

Yes, I know. You're talking about a small minority of people who don't really matter - the people that the Democrats have been trying to clear out of the party for years - the people that have weighed them down like a boulder chained around their necks.

I'm talking about real women who don't live politics with every breath they take, have successful careers, but still vote.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Quiet n00b. You no not what you speak of.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm talking about real women who don't live politics with every breath they take, have successful careers, but still vote.

Are they feminists?

Mr. Laz
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm saying it's beyond Hillary at this point. She can say what she wants but they are motivated to change beyond what she can do within the confines of the Democratic Party.

It's really a shame for her but she will not be able to reach people who are disillusioned beyond her. She will be blamed for being unable to reach them and convince them but its not about HER.
so Hillary is just a victim in all this?

tis a shame ... poor Hillary

Taco John
My opinion is worth the same of everyone else's around here...

To who?

You lie to yourself.

DeezNutz
Quiet n00b. You no not what you speak of.

ROFL

I'm speechless.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, I know. You're talking about a small minority of people who don't really matter - the people that the Democrats have been trying to clear out of the party for years - the people that have weighed them down like a boulder chained around their necks.

Well NObama better hope there are enough of those 'real women' out there who do realize they want to take more of the Democratic Party's bull shit and just like battered women they'll go crawling back for more.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Are they feminists?

What's a feminist?

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
If not supporting personal attacks and sexist language makes one an ass, I guess I'm guilty.

So you have no frame of reference here, DeezNutz. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
so Hillary is just a victim in all this?

tis a shame ... poor Hillary

OK, for the comprehension impaired...

IT IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM

IT IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY.

Why do you have to make everything about Hillary? Dumb bitch.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM

IT IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY.

This is the time! For women's rights we must...ELECT...JOHN...MCCAIN!

WilliamTheIrish
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM

IT IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY.

We know. It's about De.nice. Like it always is.

memyselfI
That's a very unfair statement. The Planet Libs took months to start getting nasty with you and wanting you to leave. The Planet Cons, on the other hand, got nasty with you and wanted you to leave before you even arrived. There is really no comparison.

Just wanting to set the record straight.

Ah, but they didn't spend YEARS extolling their virtues of kindness, open mindedness, and integrity like the LIBS have.

They admitted they were not willing to hear other people's opinions from the get go. Tell me who has been more honest????

Taco John
Well NObama better hope there are enough of those 'real women' out there who do realize they want to take more of the Democratic Party's bull shit and just like battered women they'll go crawling back for more.

Ah yes of course. You are the stong woman who suddenly has had her epiphany that two parties aren't enough to satisfy the needs of a muli-culturally diverse democracy. Sally-come-lately.

Let me be the welcome wagon and inform you that there are PLENTY of these folks who will go crawling back for more, and that your epiphany means nothing to the bulk of them.

Welcome to the minority.

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 08:01 PM
So you have no frame of reference here, DeezNutz. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

ROFL

Or like a sheep that...ok. Too funny.

Ok. I understand. Two years of information isn't enough apparently. No mas.

Mr. Kotter

Gosh.

Hasn't some very intelligent, handsome, and debonair long-time poster here at the Planet.....been saying, basically that SAME thing for the last 7-8 years???

:D

Welcome aboard; better late, than never. Heh.

;)

memyselfI

Actually, there is no one worth electing right now. Especially not John McCain. Unfortunately.
As long as we enable the two party system to work it's dysfunction then it will continue to do so.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
ROFL

Or like a sheep that...ok. Too funny.

Ok. I understand. Two years of information isn't enough apparently. No mas.

Forget it, DeezNutz, you're out of your element!

RJ
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM

IT IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY.

:BS:

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Gosh.

Hasn't some very intelligent, handsome, and debonair long-time poster here at the Planet.....been saying, basically that SAME thing for the last 7-8 years???

:D

Welcome aboard; better late, than never. Heh.

;)

Yeah, you've said similiar but I never believed you were a Democrat to begin with. I bled Democrat. For someone like me to just lose faith in the party and give up should concern the party but it won't.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
:BS:

It's not. I didn't want her to run. Did not really support her initially. Did not support her until she was left against NObama.

But, for the DEMS to end up with the least qualified candidate in an election they should win by a landslide was just a bit much to take.

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Forget it, DeezNutz, you're out of your element!

"My element"?

Ok. I'll wait for more intelligent discourse to surface.

I have no personal investment in this thread. Just trying to comment on some apparent hypocrisy.

Nothing to see here...

banyon
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, you've said similiar but I never believed you were a Democrat to begin with. I bled Democrat. For someone like me to just lose faith in the party and give up should concern the party but it won't.

What, exactly caused you to lose faith, other than that a black man was nominated?

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Ah yes of course. You are the stong woman who suddenly has had her epiphany that two parties aren't enough to satisfy the needs of a muli-culturally diverse democracy. Sally-come-lately.

Let me be the welcome wagon and inform you that there are PLENTY of these folks who will go crawling back for more, and that your epiphany means nothing to the bulk of them.

Welcome to the minority.

My one regret is that I did not take your pain seriously, er not to channel Bill Clinton. ;)

But seriously, HOPEFULLY there will be many who WILL NOT let Hillary's opportunistic attempt to save HER political career send them running back for more bitch slappin...(even if they are guys)

Hopefully they will recognize the discountent sewn here did not begin with Hillary nor will it end with her.

Mr. Kotter

I may not have ever been a yellow-dog Democrat (rather, I'm close to a blue-dog)....OTOH, if the party had attempted in even a minor way to reach out to us moderate-independent Reagan Democrat types....they could have gotten us back for good after Bill's shenanigans. Alas, it was not to be.

Now we are left to settle for the lesser of two not-so-good choices....but it's STILL better that, than third party ideolocial irrelevancy that some morons choose, IMHO.

Anyway....believe me when I say, "I....I fee-eel your paaa-aaiinnn!"

;)

:p

memyselfI
What, exactly caused you to lose faith, other than that a black man was nominated?

Race card. Race card. Race card.

Fisa, Iraq, blowing DUHbya. Just to name a few...

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I may not have ever been a yellow-dog Democrat (rather, I'm close to a blue-dog)....OTOH, if the party had attempted in even a minor way to reach out to us moderate-independent Reagan Democrat types....they could have gotten us back for good after Bill's shenanigans. Alas, it was not to be.

Now we are left to settle for the lesser of two not-so-good choices....but it's STILL better that, than third party ideolocial irrelevancy that some morons choose, IMHO.

Anyway....believe me when I say, "I....I fee-eel your paaa-aaiinnn!"

;)

Get a room.

RJ
08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Ah, but they didn't spend YEARS extolling their virtues of kindness, open mindedness, and integrity like the LIBS have.

They admitted they were not willing to hear other people's opinions from the get go. Tell me who has been more honest????

I don't know but it doesn't really matter. At this point you have them all hating you equally. And yes, I know it doesn't matter to you. I realized years ago from reading your posts and your reactions to all the insults - sometimes really mean, nasty insults - that you like it that way.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Get a room.

Get a life.

;)

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't know but it doesn't really matter. At this point you have them all hating you equally. And yes, I know it doesn't matter to you. I realized years ago from reading your posts and your reactions to all the insults - sometimes really mean, nasty insults - that you like it that way.

She gets off on it. She's a very sick, disturbed individual.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Get a life.

;)

I have a wonderful life. ;)

banyon
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Race card. Race card. Race card.

Fisa, Iraq, blowing DUHbya. Just to name a few...

It's "When the shoe fits".

What do you mean FISA and Iraq?

Obama was against the Bush Administration's circumvention of FISA and going into Iraq. I'm not aware that Hillary has any differing positions. To the contrary, she voted and supported the war very strongly.

Just to address a few...

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM

I don't like it. I just don't take it personally or internalize it. I'm very ZEN about it. People in my immediate midst, THEIR opinion matters. Folks I plug into a few times during the day, don't.

And it does matter because this has been laid at the feet of Hillary. She's been given the credit and the blame and I don't think its about her as much as she was the beneficiary of it.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I have a wonderful life. ;)

Then you know, I would suspect....no matter how attractive/seductive/sexy Duhnise may be....that I'm taken, and off the market.

:harumph:

Therefore, the only interest I'd have with Duhnise in a "room" would be to have her clinically evaluated by Dr. Phil. Heh.

Messier
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM

You are in a definite minority, and the numbers are shrinking every day.

memyselfI
It's "When the shoe fits".

What do you mean FISA and Iraq?

Obama was against the Bush Administration's circumvention of FISA and going into Iraq. I'm not aware that Hillary has any differing positions. To the contrary, she voted and supported the war very strongly.

Just to address a few...

NObama changed his view on FISA after initially supporting the Bush Administration. And yes, in 2002 he made a single speech about his opposition to the war but once in Congress he supported ALL of the Iraq War funding iniatives until he started his campaign and then finally switched to no votes on some of the bills that would not actually interfere with funding the war.

VAChief

Thank you Jean Dixon.

beer bacon
Then you know, I would suspect....no matter how attractive/seductive/sexy Duhnise may be....that I'm taken, and off the market.

Therefore, the only interest I'd have with Duhnise in a "room" would be to have her clinically evaluated by Dr. Phil. Heh.

You know what, I really hate Dr. Phil. This might just be the way to break him...

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 08:18 PM

:Lin:

Dr. Phil would slap that ho! :D

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
You are in a definite minority, and the numbers are shrinking every day.

Then WHY are the polls suggesting a slim lead/dead heat with McCain, when ALL indicators and conventional wisdom suggest....very seriously....that he should have a comfortable lead at this point???

If you honestly don't understand that....that is true, your political acumen needs some work.

:shrug:

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
You know what, I really hate Dr. Phil. This might just be the way to break him...

Hell, Oparah was a piece-of-cake by comparison.

;)

LMAO

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you Jean Dixon.

I'm just sayin...

if she has 47% of her supporters who are not going to NObama before and she ends up with half of them going to HIM then he may still lose because that is a large number of people. Even 10% refraining is a large number of people who could sway the election.

I just think she will be getting a bad rap when there are numbers of people who still won't go inspite of what she says and it's not fair because it's not about her anymore. It's about them rejecting the Democratic Party and NObama being the unintended consequence not necessarily the target.

Messier
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Then WHY are the polls suggesting a slim lead/dead heat with McCain, when ALL indicators and conventional wisdom suggest....very seriously....that he should have a comfortable lead at this point???

If you honestly don't understand that....that is true, your political acumen needs some work.

It's not because of angry Hillary supporters.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
It's not because of angry Hillary supporters.

Correction, it's not ONLY because of angry Hillary supporters. They make up SOME of that swing towards McCain but not all...

THAT should worry the Democrats immensely. That is where I think they are in deep denial AND deep doo doo. They've got themselves convinced it's about Hillary and she can fix it. But, in reality, it's not.

beer bacon

What polls are you referring to? Here are the polls from the last seven days:

Gallup Daily Tracker: McCain leads 46-44
Rasmussen Daily Tracker: 46-46
CNN: 47-47
LA Times/Bloomberg: Obama 45-43
Fox news: Obama 42-39
USA Today/Gallup: Obama 48-45
Hotline/FD: Obama 44-40
ABC News/Washington Post: Obama 49-45

banyon
NObama changed his view on FISA after initially supporting the Bush Administration. And yes, in 2002 he made a single speech about his opposition to the war but once in Congress he supported ALL of the Iraq War funding iniatives until he started his campaign and then finally switched to no votes on some of the bills that would not actually interfere with funding the war.

This is what you're leaving the party after 20 years over? Not that I agree that any of this is accurate, but it's still pretty small potatoes stuff. All of the democratic candidates that could voted to continue funding, so that's stupid. Also, Obama voted to give immunity to some telecoms that had cooperated, but as Arlen Specter pointed out, that same protection was already in the 1978 FISA law, so it's really a moot issue.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM

If you, as an Obot, are not worried about those numbers than you are in deeper denial than previously thought.

There is no reason why NObama should not be leading McCain by double digits right now given all of the advantages NObama has had to date.

Logical
08-26-2008, 08:27 PM
ChiefsPlanet Ignore feature meet 'I can't stop whining cuz I'm a fussy pussy cry baby' Cannibal.Jesus, I tried defending you but you like Tom just don't get it.:(

beer bacon
This is what you're leaving the party after 20 years over? Not that I agree that any of this is accurate, but it's still pretty small potatoes stuff. All of the democratic candidates that could voted to continue funding, so that's stupid. Also, Obama voted to give immunity to some telecoms that had cooperated, but as Arlen Specter pointed out, that same protection was already in the 1978 FISA law, so it's really a moot issue.

Bush is on his way out, and Memy needs a new target for his own special brand of loony.

memyselfI

No, it's for nominating the wrong person for the THIRD time in my last twenty six years. I supported Dukakis and Kerry. I would not be a sucker for a third time.

Messier
Correction, it's not ONLY because of angry Hillary supporters. They make up SOME of that swing towards McCain but not all...

THAT should worry the Democrats immensely. That is where I think they are in deep denial AND deep doo doo. They've got themselves convinced it's about Hillary and she can fix it. But, in reality, it's not.

You don't realize what a minimal impact they are having do you?

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
If you, as an Obot, are not worried about those numbers than you are in deeper denial than previously thought.

There is no reason why NObama should not be leading McCain by double digits right now given all of the advantages NObama has had to date.

Forgive me if I take your advice with a grain of salt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM

Congratulations for spending all that time writing that post and saying absolutely nothing other than serving up generalities that you hope to be true so that they validate your own world view.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
No, it's for nominating the wrong person for the THIRD time in my last twenty six years. I supported Dukakis and Kerry. I would not be a sucker for a third time.

It is a shame that your man John Edwards didn't win out.

memyselfI
Jesus, I tried defending you but you like Tom just don't get it.:(

I don't get that Chiefsplanet provides some of the most advanced ignore features available on any internet bulletin board on the internet and that means that NO ONE should be whining about other people's posts and asking others to ignore them and if they do they do then they should realize they look like pussies???

Logical
I never once asked for anyone's defense. I don't need it. I don't really want it. My opinion is worth the same of everyone else's around here...

not much once you step away from the computer. And even less sitting in front of it. I think the fact that I don't care makes people think I'm crazy. Like their opinion of me should mean something to ME. Uh, and then they think I am the crazy one.ROFLROFLROFLOMG she is one of Tom's personalities.:doh!::doh!::doh!:

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:30 PM
It is a shame that your man John Edwards didn't win out.

Actually, it's a blessing. It's only still an issue to Obots who still need to use him to deflect.

banyon
08-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Who is it you think should have been nominated on those three occasions?

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM

:spock:

Yeah. Obama with a slim lead, or dead-heat (that's what I said) .... when you factor in the MOE. :shrug:

:hmmm:

Yup. But some refuse to see it. :shake:

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah. Obama with a slim lead, or dead-heat (that's what I said) .... when you factor in the MOE. :shrug:

My mistake. I misread you post as a slim lead (for McCain) or dead-heat.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Democrats obviously are not a quick study. The lessons of 2000 and 2004 have not sunk in yet. They seem to think they only need a 3-4% lead to win convincingly even though they know that elections can and will be stolen.

They keep wishin and a hopin that next time it will be different.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
My mistake. I misread you post as a slim lead (for McCain) or dead-heat.

No prob. It's all good.

Seriously, you aren't concerned with the fact the numbers are THIS tight....when Barrack SHOULD (seriously) have a minimum of a 7-9% lead.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
No prob. It's all good.

Seriously, you aren't concerned with the fact the numbers are THIS tight....when Barrack SHOULD (seriously) have a minimum of a 7-9% lead.

Well, that would mean 3-4% more the CONS would have to erase and the Supreme Court would have to ignore. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
This is beyond retarded, it's almost lacking consciousness. This entire D'nise charade of the last 7 months has been nothing but a protracted hissy fit because she's too small of a person to admit when she is wrong. She backed the wrong horse--a horse, that I might add, has far more ties to lobbyists and was far more obsequious to the right wing than Obama has ever proven to be--and yet these are qualms she has about his candidacy? Give me a f*cking break.

DLC anyone? Get off your f*cking high horse. You're full of more shit than a jam-packed manure spreader.

The only explanation for this is, aside from the above, is that you are pissed and are playing identity politics because someone who is the same sex as you did not get nominated. Well that is no less sexist than someone else refusing to vote for her because she has two X chromosomes.

So, rather than supporting Obama, who holds 99% of the same policies, you dug your own grave with your words, and buried yourself alive just to prove that you could handle the shovel.

Congratulations.

Messier
08-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Meme, are you hoping that by losing the election the Democratic party will gut itself, and return in a more liberal version?

That won't happen. If the Democrats lose they will return just moving closer to the center, they already closely resemble what the Republicans were thirty years ago. They won't break up the party, they'll just become more of what you hate. Let's face it there is only one party with any power than even closely shares any of your views.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
No prob. It's all good.

Frankly, I am always concerned because the Rovians, namely Steve Schmidt (sp?), running McCain's camp are very good at negative campaigning. That doesn't mean I am going to go into hysterics this far out from the election.

Alphaman
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM

That all sounds nice but the reality is that the democratic primary became very emotional for both sides. Women were excited and passionately engaged in the process because a woman (who was extremely popular at the beginning of the process) was about to break through the ultimate glass ceiling. African Americans and young people were excited and passionately engaged in the process because an African American (whose eloquence and intelligence inspired many to believe that change was possible) had a legitimate opportunity to break through the ultimate glass ceiling.

When it was all said and done, only one could win. When Hillary lost the emotion from several of the women involved in the process overshadowed their stance on policies and view of what issues are important to the country. Their emotion that grew during the process turned into bitterness and resentment toward Obama even though he never made disparaging remarks about Hillary or her character. They proclaimed media bias and sexism, but have chosen to project that onto Obama.

The question is will they get past their emotion to clearly see what is at stake between a McCain (influenced by Rove and the like) presidency and an Obama presidency (which is basically in lock step with Hillary's beliefs).

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Meme, are you hoping that by losing the election the Democratic party will gut itself, and return in a more liberal version?

That won't happen. If the Democrats lose they will return just moving closer to the center, they already closely resemble what the Republicans were thirty years ago. They won't break up the party, they'll just become more of what you hate. Let's face it there is only one party with any power than even closely shares any of your views.

No, not more liberal but more pragmatic. For instance, unrestricted abortion is no longer realistic. Figure out a way to ensure that abortion until viability remains legal and stop holding women hostage and manipulating them over this one issue. DEMS have worked so hard to keep from accepting ANY restriction that they risk losing the issue completely because of refusal to acknowledge that their way is wrong and immoral.

Same with Iraq. Do not defer to the POTUS without question. When the war was about to begin I lamented how Congress was diralect in their duty and should be held accountable. Well, the DEMS have had Congress for two years now. I'm holding them accountable. They've done nothing but cater to a REPUBLICAN POTUS. It scares me what they will do with one of their own in office especially when that one has so little experience with how the system works.

There was no reason for the DEMs to hand over their oversight powers during the Bush administration's terms. They were willing accomplices in whatever DUHbya did and as such they will not ever actually seek to investigate and prosecute war crimes lest they implicate themselves.

So, the DEMS might not become more liberal in their actions but if they would only act more like the opposition party when they are or the responsible party when they are then that would be a nice change...

one that will not happen if NObama happens to get elected, IMO. They need to be gutted. And often times getting to that point means hitting rock bottom first.

Losing this election would be a good first step in rebuilding a once great party.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Who is it you think should have been nominated on those three occasions?

This.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 10:18 PM
You were saying?

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I think she was booed up there quite a bit. I thought she was about to run off stage.

banyon
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
You were saying?

No way, No how, No mememe.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Memy, come out and plaaaaaaay.

Logical
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I am telling you people DEnise is the spin master. Trust me she will find a way. You will be laughing at her but she won't care.

J Diddy
08-26-2008, 10:27 PM
No way, No how, No mememe.

there's some funny stuff going on in here tonight

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey, Duhnise....I was "with" you earlier for the most part....

But if you watched the same speech I did, she hit a "home-run"....did exactly what she (and Barrack) needed to do. No doubt about it. It was a beauty.

Best speech of her life; not even close. I was very impressed. :clap:

:thumb:

That said....she did what us guys call, "a reach around." ;)

Guess some things never change. Heh.

Cannibal
08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, now everyone take a step back and read through the thread, like all of IT's threads, notice that this thread became all about IT. IT is not interested in stimulating intellectual conversation, IT is only interested in manipulating others to talk about IT. This is because IT craves attention the way a crackhead needs that next hit off the glass deek.

Once again...

IGNORE IT

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
I think she was booed up there quite a bit. I thought she was about to run off stage.

What channel were YOU watchin', Jens???? :hmmm:

banyon
08-26-2008, 10:32 PM

What channel were YOU watchin', Jens???? :hmmm:

Probably Fox News, I think they bled the boos over from another audio channel.

Logical
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM

What channel were YOU watchin', Jens???? :hmmm:Rob, your sarcasm meter is on the fritz tonight. Better get that looked at.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
As usual, Denise was way off base.

I'm not necessarily a Hillary fan but she did the right thing tonight in uniting the party AND her speech kicked ****ing ass.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Rob, your sarcasm meter is on the fritz tonight. Better get that looked at.

Could be; if he was bein' sarcastic....I missed it. If so, my apologies, Jens.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 10:38 PM

I suggest you look through the archives because Denise has called our troops war criminals and other disgusting names before you come to her defense.

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Could be; if he was bein' sarcastic....I missed it. If so, my apologies, Jens.

No need to - we definitely agree here.

Logical
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
No need to - we definitely agree here.
You actually heard boos?

HonestChieffan
08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Hillary did nothing to move her upset voter block tonight. She was great in delivery and looked like a star but the words wont move the women and men who feel she was pushed aside by Obama.

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
You actually heard boos?

No, I'm saying I was definitely being sarcastic. I agree with Mr. Kotter that she did a good job speaking.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Hillary did nothing to move her upset voter block tonight. She was great in delivery and looked like a star but the words wont move the women and men who feel she was pushed aside by Obama.

You should close your prayers with "Amen."

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Correction, pushed aside by a dysfunctional Democratic party establishment of whom NObama is merely a symptom not the disease.

I think you are wrong. As I said before, she would show up and play and do as she was expected and even do more but it would be FOR HER and not for the party or NObama. She moved some people. The people who were 'in it' for HER. The people who are her Obots, the Hillbots.

But for those of us who are harboring ill will towards the party then Hillary won't be able to fix it because she will either become a tool for it and continue to be disappointed and derailed by it or she'll use this as an opportunity to cement her support by playing nice and then making her move when she feels the time is right.

I believe she's doing the later. The woman has COMPLETELY transformed her image in losing. If NObama loses she has set herself in a phenomenal position for 2012and that is what her speech was about. NObama was just a vehicle and the convention her stage.

Logical
08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
No, I'm saying I was definitely being sarcastic. I agree with Mr. Kotter that she did a good job speaking.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought maybe my sarcasm meter was out of whack.

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Weren't there a lot of Hillbots, memyselfi?

Logical
08-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Correction, pushed aside by a dysfunctional Democratic party establishment of whom NObama is merely a symptom not the disease.

I think you are wrong. As I said before, she would show up and play and do as she was expected and even do more but it would be FOR HER and not for the party or NObama. She moved some people. The people who were 'in it' for HER. The people who are her Obots, the Hillbots.

But for those of us who are harboring ill will towards the party then Hillary won't be able to fix it because she will either become a tool for it and continue to be disappointed and derailed by it or she'll use this as an opportunity to cement her support by playing nice and then making her move when she feels the time is right.

I believe she's doing the later. The woman has COMPLETELY transformed her image in losing. If NObama loses she has set herself in a phenomenal position for 2012and that is what her speech was about. NObama was just a vehicle and the convention her stage.Ladies and gentleman, this is why she is known as the SPINSTER (wait that sounds wrong):p

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Weren't there a lot of Hillbots, memyselfi?

I don't know. I do know that many of her supporters who are still not supporting NObama are doing so for various reasons. The ones who will do what she wants because she wants it are the Hilbots.

Others like myself who won't be decisively swayed by anyone's endorsement won't care what she says.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 11:53 PM
FTR, I heard Jon King, I think it was, speak of the 'bigger than Hillary' phenomenon and her former supporters after I logged off earlier and before she spoke.

I thought it was pretty interesting that he was hearing that on the convention floor.

Messier
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM

I believe she's doing the later. The woman has COMPLETELY transformed her image in losing. If NObama loses she has set herself in a phenomenal position for 2012and that is what her speech was about. NObama was just a vehicle and the convention her stage.

Of course you thought she would come to play. What else was she there to do? She gave a great, inspiring speech, as did Michelle. You can't enjoy it however. It's sad that you would look forward to the Democrats losing in November. You think it will bring about something that just isn't so.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
You should close your prayers with "Amen."

Heh. LMAO

"....I don't care WHO you are, that thar was FUNNY."

She "got 'er done; sho nuff."

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey, Duhnise....I was "with" you earlier for the most part....

But if you watched the same speech I did, she hit a "home-run"....did exactly what she (and Barrack) needed to do. No doubt about it. It was a beauty.

Best speech of her life; not even close. I was very impressed. :clap:.

Baahaa, some of the OBots on Democratic Underground are complaining that her speech may have been 'too good' leading to buyer's remose and possibly upstaging NObama...

can you believe it. The woman literally is damned if she does damned if she doesn't.

Taco John
08-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't know. I do know that many of her supporters who are still not supporting NObama are doing so for various reasons. The ones who will do what she wants because she wants it are the Hilbots.

Others like myself who won't be decisively swayed by anyone's endorsement won't care what she says.

What percentage are you guessing that Hillary hold-outs think like you on the matter?

I say you're lucky if there are 2%.

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Of course you thought she would come to play. What else was she there to do? She gave a great, inspiring speech, as did Michelle. You can't enjoy it however. It's sad that you would look forward to the Democrats losing in November. You think it will bring about something that just isn't so.

I LOVED the speech. Because she did not seem sad she seemed victorious and was speaking in terms BEYOND this election. This speech was grand enough to make people see what they are missing but not in your face enough to say ITYS...

memyselfI
08-27-2008, 12:00 AM
What percentage are you guessing that Hillary hold-outs think like you on the matter?

I say you're lucky if there are 2%.

I don't know. But I have read enough blogs and forums to know that I am not alone in my newfound disgust with the Democratic party. We are in a position to say and do something about it. Hillary isn't.

Mr. Kotter
08-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Baahaa, some of the OBots on Democratic Underground are complaining that her speech may have been 'too good' leading to buyer's remose and possibly upstaging NObama...

can you believe it. The woman literally is damned if she does damned if she doesn't.

I gotta admit....that thought DID cross my mind.

What if her speech tonight was GOOD enough that it causes 110 or so "Obama" supporters to "switch" their votes. That's all she would need for a contested nomination....110 or so votes; less than 1 out of 34 of the delegates, and given the number of women delegates.....

Though incredibly unlikely, it would make tomorrow much more "interesting" than....presently, it seems.....it will be.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would be a helleva thing to watch. :shake:

memyselfI
08-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I gotta admit....that thought DID cross my mind.

What if her speech tonight was GOOD enough that it causes 110 or so "Obama" supporters to "switch" their votes. That's all she would need for a contested nomination....110 or so votes; less than 1 out of 34 of the delegates, and given the number of women delegates.....

Though incredibly unlikely, it would make tomorrow much more "interesting" than....presently, it seems.....it will be.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would be a helleva thing to watch. :shake:

Well, maybe both sides are worried about that and that is why they are trying to arrange for a fake vote at a hotel somewhere...

and of course the Ayers relationship hasn't been completely reported yet seeing they are just now seeing the documents. But apparently NObama and his terrorist friend had a much closer relationship than NObama admitted to.

|Zach|
08-27-2008, 12:24 AM
But I have read enough blogs and forums .
The same ones that reported the numbers for the Kerry election?

Messier
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I LOVED the speech. Because she did not seem sad she seemed victorious and was speaking in terms BEYOND this election. This speech was grand enough to make people see what they are missing but not in your face enough to say ITYS...

It was a speech about what will happen under an Obama presidency.

Saggysack
08-27-2008, 02:43 AM
I've ran into some bitter women who never recieved a call back in my time, but holy hell, I don't think I have ever seen one artificially bleed for this long.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 06:57 AM

If her speech didn't move them, then they couldn't be moved. Those that still held somewhat of an open mind were moved.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 07:01 AM

If she had run her campaign like she spoke last night she may have won the nomination. Last night she was clear, focused, and comprehensive. She was not any of that throughout the majority of her campaign.

Friendo
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Good Lord--this Hill love-fest is too much :rolleyes: She did what she was SUPPOSED to do, IF she's a loyal Dem. Whitewater/China-Gate/Monica--it CAN be argued that despite their considerable contributions, the Clinton's in many ways azz-raped the Dems, and most especially Al Gore, and therein lies the difference between Hillary's "right to indignation" with the Dems selection of BO. Time to work for the greater good, and she deserves only so much credit for doing the right thing. The Clinton's can both still play a vital role in this Party, or does the azz-rape continue?

penchief
08-27-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't so much have a problem with Denese as I do the level of hatred that she has exhibited. We're all extremely disappointed at times. Heck, even after Bush stole the election in 2000 I was willing to give him a chance because his father was relatively moderate compared to Reagan (even though it only took six months before I knew the country was in trouble).

Denese, I see things differently than you. There was a time when I would have supported Hillary over Obama and would have thought she'd make a great president. I still think she'd make a good president. Her speech last night confirmed that for me. That said, she turned me off in the primaries when she did the exact same thing that McCain is doing now. She started pandering to the corporate quo and the right wing mentality. She started acting like the republicans act. I would have been very disillusioned if she had won because it would have been clear to me that nothing was going to change.

However, no matter how disillusioned I would have been I still would have had to vote for her over McCain because nobody can be more of a corporate whore than the republican party. But the biggest thing I can say is that I would not be so hateful. You have always had a fairly realistic view on things but your bitterness over Hillary losing is causing you to behave in a manner that is overly aggressive and unreasonable to the point that it reflects poorly on you.

JMO.

penchief
08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Good Lord--this Hill love-fest is too much :rolleyes: She did what she was SUPPOSED to do, IF she's a loyal Dem. Whitewater/China-Gate/Monica--it CAN be argued that despite their considerable contributions, the Clinton's in many ways azz-raped the Dems, and most especially Al Gore. Time to work for the greater good, and she deserves only so much credit for doing the right thing. The Clinton's can both still play a vital role in this Party.

She did a good job.

mlyonsd
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
What you saw last night was the kickoff of the 2012 presidential campaign if Obama loses this one.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 08:24 AM
What you saw last night was the kickoff of the 2012 presidential campaign if Obama loses this one.

I'm ok with that because she didn't do anything last night that would cause him to lose. In fact, she helped in his cause to win.

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm ok with that because she didn't do anything last night that would cause him to lose. In fact, she helped in his cause to win.

You think? I just think she inspired all of her hard core supporters to vote for McCain this year so Hillary can make a run in 2012. The one's with half a brain any way.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 08:36 AM
This is great , a democrat cat fight, better than any bitch slapfest that ever came aroind. I need some popcorn......

BRB !

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2008, 08:48 AM
This is great , a democrat cat fight, better than any bitch slapfest that ever came aroind. I need some popcorn......

BRB !

Yeah, the black lady that, I believe, CNN interviewed after her speech was priceless.

Friendo
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM
You think? I just think she inspired all of her hard core supporters to vote for McCain this year so Hillary can make a run in 2012. The one's with half a brain any way.

they didn't realize they got f**ed in 2000...why would they have any clarity now?

patteeu
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Apparently not. Apparently not only my party was not what I thought but the entire 'Liberal' philosophy/ mentality wasn't either.
:doh!:

I know that you aren't in any danger of becoming conservative, but you should read David Horowitz's book "Radical Son". He tells the story of his life beginning with his childhood as a Red Diaper Baby (child of communists), through his radical college years fighting for social justice as a writer and activists, through his disillusionment with the movement he'd been a part of and, especially, the people he'd been associated with. I thought it was a fascinating book.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 09:07 AM

What in her speech would inspire her hard core Democrat supporters to vote fro McCain?

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
What in her speech would inspire her hard core Democrat supporters to vote fro McCain?

The fact that should looked so great and could be more easily envisioned in the roll of president now. Not anythng she said, just the performance. This was pretty much what one of her delegates said after her speech. She didn't say she was voting McCain, actually the opposite, but she also said BO had to win her over. I'm just saying if they really love her so much, put up with McCain for 4 years and then let her try again.

HonestChieffan
08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
The issue is the Hillary supporters have been treated like crap by the Obama side and its not really a matter of moving to McCain as much as not voting for Obama.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
The fact that should looked so great and could be more easily envisioned in the roll of president now. Not anythng she said, just the performance. This was pretty much what one of her delegates said after her speech. She didn't say she was voting McCain, actually the opposite, but she also said BO had to win her over. I'm just saying if they really love her so much, put up with McCain for 4 years and then let her try again.

I think that is a bit of a reach. I think she made a very strong argument last night that we can't afford another 4 years of the last 8 years. It would be a HUGE risk to let McCain run the country for 4 years just to try to give Hillary a shot at the White House in 2012. How many wars will we have had to fight in those 4 years, where will the economy (especially for middle class Americans) be in 4 years, how will America be perceived in 4 years. McCain can do irreperable damage in the next 4 years. I think she made the point that the risk is too high. No way, No how, NO McCain!!!

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
The issue is the Hillary supporters have been treated like crap by the Obama side and its not really a matter of moving to McCain as much as not voting for Obama.

I think there is that sentiment out there, but I think she made a strong case to put that aside last night. As I said in an earlier post the Democratic Primary was one of the mosted emotionally contested in history. Supporters on both sides put their heart, soul and emotions into the process. There were going to be some very hurt feelings no matter which candidate won. The truth is that Obama NEVER attacked her personally or her character. He showed her great respect even after she kept going and campaigning when he had already sewn up the nomination. Michelle Obama's speech, along with Hillary's speech last night laid the ground work for all to come together. Obama will seal the deal tomorrow.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the black lady that, I believe, CNN interviewed after her speech was priceless.

The lady you speak of clearly stated, "I WILL NOT vote for John McCain."

whatsmynameagain
08-27-2008, 09:56 AM

she was a nutjob

Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
The lady you speak of clearly stated, "I WILL NOT vote for John McCain."

I said that.

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
she was a nutjob

Posted via Mobile Device

By the looks of them, most people that attend these things are.

Chief Henry
08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Whats the percentage of Hillary backers and suppoerters that will NOT vote for Barry ?

Will it be < or > than 15 %... ? PMSDNCMSNBC interviewd a die hard Hillary supporter this morning and she didn't say one way or the other on how she would vote. Mike Barnicle COULD NOT PULL out the answer from her. It was hilarious.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I think there is that sentiment out there, but I think she made a strong case to put that aside last night. As I said in an earlier post the Democratic Primary was one of the mosted emotionally contested in history. Supporters on both sides put their heart, soul and emotions into the process. There were going to be some very hurt feelings no matter which candidate won. The truth is that Obama NEVER attacked her personally or her character. He showed her great respect even after she kept going and campaigning when he had already sewn up the nomination. Michelle Obama's speech, along with Hillary's speech last night laid the ground work for all to come together. Obama will seal the deal tomorrow.

Personally, I disagree. I thinking there will be in the range of 4 - 6 million Clintonites who will not vote for Obama. Where they vote is left to be said.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Personally, I disagree. I thinking there will be in the range of 4 - 6 million Clintonites who will not vote for Obama. Where they vote is left to be said.

I agree there will be some. No matter what she said last night was going to change them. However, there were some (and I believe many, many more) who were on the fence and I think she laid the ground work to sway them. Obama must seal the deal himself.

If the "Clintonite Contingent" is 18M, then I think 4M to 6M is too high. My numbers may be off, but I thought about 60% were already backing him, so that would leave a void of about 7M. I think a large majority (I'll call it 80% to 90%) of those 7M were on the fence, and I think they were swayed last night and Obama can seal them tomorrow. That would leave the void at 1.5M worst case (assuming my 80% to 90% assumption is correct). If it is 1.5M I think he can still win the election.

bkkcoh
08-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Interesting reaction to HRC's speech last night

<embed src="http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf/rcpHolderCbs-prod.swf" width="370" height="361"allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="link=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4387555n&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hnXBLrJ2UyB9_P7f5ohPaFVYuU9SgvWD&partner=newsembed&autoPlayVid=false&prevImg=http://thumbnails.cbsig.net/CBS_Production_News/796/123/es_bodylanguage_0827_480x360.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree there will be some. No matter what she said last night was going to change them. However, there were some (and I believe many, many more) who were on the fence and I think she laid the ground work to sway them. Obama must seal the deal himself.

If the "Clintonite Contingent" is 18M, then I think 4M to 6M is too high. My numbers may be off, but I thought about 60% were already backing him, so that would leave a void of about 7M. I think a large majority (I'll call it 80% to 90%) of those 7M were on the fence, and I think they were swayed last night and Obama can seal them tomorrow. That would leave the void at 1.5M worst case (assuming my 80% to 90% assumption is correct). If it is 1.5M I think he can still win the election.

He has to have a very large # of them to win. Again, where they take their vote is the question, McCain would do well just to get 1 million of them, even that # is probably high.

The Clintonite vote will affect this election in ways similar to what Ross Perot did. It will hurt the democrats far more than the republicans, where Ross was vise versa.

Alphaman
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
He has to have a very large # of them to win. Again, where they take their vote is the question, McCain would do well just to get 1 million of them, even that # is probably high.

The Clintonite vote will affect this election in ways similar to what Ross Perot did. It will hurt the democrats far more than the republicans, where Ross was vise versa.

That's a fair statement I think. I don't think McCain gets many. Most who don't support Obama will stay home in my opinion. If they supported the issues Hillary supported, there is no way (No How, No McCain) they could vote for McCain.

Calcountry
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Shut the **** up you wackjob.ROFLROFLROFL

Calcountry
08-27-2008, 01:22 PM

Hillary pleading to continue to play along with the charade isn't going to change many of the made up minds out there.PUMAS ROCK!!111!

Calcountry
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I think you put too much stock in your own opinion. I work with two ladies, both of whom have donated to the Hillary campaign, both of which said they wouldn't be voting for Obama, both of which are now talking about how bad a McCain presidency would be. By November, they'll both be wearing O shirts.Interesting dynamic this cycle. Both Parties picked candidates, that the base of their parties have a damn hard time supporting, but the thought of the other is so nauseating, that they will still vote for their 4rth best choice.

Calcountry
08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
You won't be laughing if he puts Palin on the ticket.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
You won't be laughing if he puts Palin on the ticket.
QFT