PDA

View Full Version : Football Brodie Croyle on your favorite college team?

KcMizzou
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM
So I was listening to Kevin Keitzman the other day. (I know, I know)

He said that Croyle couldn't start for any of the three local college teams. At first I was irritated by it... but then I got to thinking.

I certainly wouldn't take him over Chase Daniel. The guy might have a point. :hmmm:

What say you, college football fans?

tooge
08-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Croyle set all kinds of records for Alabama if I remember right, and there have been a few hall of famers come out of there. Kietzman is high! Croyle is totally different than Daniel, and would be way better than any of the other QB's in the big 12. Remember, Daniel was a highsman finalist, so that comparison is a bit skewed.

alpha_omega
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
What 3 teams (QB's) did he mention?

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Keitzman is an idiot. Slo Go is the only quarterback on any of the local teams that will play in the NFL. As much as I like Chase Daniel, Croyle did alot of the same stuff at Bama that he does for Mizzou. Todd Ressing is just a joke.

KcMizzou
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
What 3 teams (QB's) did he mention?MU(Daniel), KU (Reesing), and KSU (Freeman)

KcMizzou
08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Keitzman is an idiot. Slo Go is the only quarterback on any of the local teams that will play in the NFL. That's not the point. He was saying, "Would you take Brodie Croyle over your favorite collge team's starting QB?"

Buehler445
08-27-2008, 10:12 AM
The system Reesing is in is way different than anything Croyle has done, so it is hard to tell.

Croyle is certainly more talented than Reesing, but Reesing's praise comes from his poise. It's impossible to determine without pairing Croyle with the coaching staff there.

Bottom line, I think the coaching staff could do more things with Croyle and ultimately be more successful, but who fraking knows? Croyle and Reesing have two totally different skill sets. It's a tough comparison.

Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
I would. Heck Croyle was a 5 star recruit out of high school, led Alabama to a 10 win season with only loses to two of the most talented teams in the country (Auburn and LSU.) Broke every single Alabama passing record. Yet Reesing, Daniel and Freeman would start over him? Okay Keitzman is on crack. I could see starting Daniel over him, just bc of the offense Mizzou runs. Thats it though.

sedated
08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
records don't mean everything. if you throw the ball more than anyone in history, you're probably going to complete more than anyone in history

sedated
08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
did anyone watch that Alabama team after Prothro went down? It was the worst offensive team in the country, by far.

Que Card QB
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I heard KK's bs argument as well. Given his Alabama record, hell yes I'd take him over any of the three QBs around here. College football is a joke compared to the NFL. I love it, don't get me wrong, but there are three or four players on the best college teams that will even have a chance at the NFL. The game is much slower and sloppier than the NFL. Croyle would tear up the Big XII.

Croyle can't help that Miami locked down our receivers or that Bowe dropped a pass that hit him in the chest. Given what he's got, I think he's done a TON better than last year. We looked like an absolute joke during every preseason game last year. We're at least batting .600 this year. [/rant]

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
With Missouri's formations and O line giving him time Croyle would be able to show off his NFL caliber arm. Might even stretch top flight Defenses vertical so they don't just sit on the Dink and Dunk like Oklahoma does

Frazod
08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I'd take Daniel over Croyle for the Tigers or the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I'd take Daniel over Croyle for the Tigers or the Chiefs.
And his boogers too?

Frazod
08-27-2008, 10:48 AM
And his boogers too?

At least he doesn't eat turf.

phillip
08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Or oranges?

Rausch
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah.

I kind of like what MU has going on...

RustShack
08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Psh, I'd take Croyle over any of them.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
KK is a idiot, is he too stupid to realize that the pro game is alot more faster than the colllege game

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2008, 11:22 AM
The question doesn't take into account the systems that these teams run, so taking systems/schemes out of the equation - and going on pure skill/talent/intangibles....

Croyle in a landslide.

EDIT: And yes, Keitzmann is an idiot.

Pablo
08-27-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd take Daniel over Croyle for the Tigers or the Chiefs.I'm sure you would...

Have another drink, it's only 11:30 in the morning...

Pablo
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh, and I can't say I've ever listened to this guy before, but if he makes retarded statements like this on a daily, or even weekly basis, I think I'm a pretty lucky fella.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Oh, and I can't say I've ever listened to this guy before, but if he makes retarded statements like this on a daily, or even weekly basis, I think I'm a pretty lucky fella.

Daily?

How about per minute?

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
if daniels plays in the nfl he is going to have more batted balls than in madden 94' for genisis

Pablo
08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
if daniels plays in the nfl he is going to have more batted balls than in madden 94' for genisisOh snap.

Don't forget that he's a legit pro prospect and all...

If Daniel got lucky, he might be able to hold Tyler Thigpen's jockstrap some day...

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
He is a pro prospect but not high. He is awesome at what he does though. I am just going to enjoy that right now. KK is stuckup, always comes on his monolauges to say something crazy to make you listen longer or even call in. That is what he does. If croyle was playing on these teams the Safteys and corners would have to respect that 20 yard out that brodie can throw on a rope unlike the other guys

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh snap.

Don't forget that he's a legit pro prospect and all...

If Daniel got lucky, he might be able to hold Tyler Thigpen's jockstrap some day...

Eh, I think Daniel will get a shot somewhere, but he won't be drafted early, IMO.

Look at Troy Smith in Baltimore. From what I've seen, his height isn't the problem - reading defenses and wanting to pull the ball down and run when his first option isn't there is.

That won't be an issue with Daniel.

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
I was going to make the troy smith arguement, but I don't know exactly how good Troy Smiths arm strength is.

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Psh, I'd take Croyle over any of them.

I would have before now. Before Dick Curl and Herm ruined him.

milkman
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Eh, I think Daniel will get a shot somewhere, but he won't be drafted early, IMO.

Look at Troy Smith in Baltimore. From what I've seen, his height isn't the problem - reading defenses and wanting to pull the ball down and run when his first option isn't there is.

That won't be an issue with Daniel.

I see Smith as the scond soming of Doug Flutie, the midget that almost could.

LOCOChief
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
That's not the point. He was saying, "Would you take Brodie Croyle over your favorite collge team's starting QB?"

Hmmm lets see 2005: 202 of 339 passes for 2,499 yards with 14 touchdowns and four interceptions and one rushing touchdown. Croyle led the Crimson Tide to a #8 national ranking, a 10–2 record, and a 13–10 victory over Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl, where he shared the game's Most Valuable Player honors his final season at Alabama, Croyle attempted a school-record 190 passes without an interception and a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award as the nation’s most outstanding senior quarterback.[1] He also became the first Alabama quarterback to start every game in a season since 1996.[10]

His 2,499 passing yards in 2005 were the highest single-season total in Alabama's school history. His total 202 completions and 339 passing attempts rank as the second-best seasonal marks in school annals.[1] His 2,311 yards of total offense were the third-best seasonal mark in the history of the school, and his 1.18 interception percentage was the lowest single-season mark in school history as well.[1

I'd take him over your favorite college teams QB (which happens to be mine as well) everyday of the week and twice on Saturday!

KK is the same idiot I remembered when i move away from KC 6 yrs ago. It suck that some things don't change.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
At least he doesn't eat turf.
Just mulch for the orange trees......:thumb:

CoMoChief
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Croyle set all kinds of records for Alabama if I remember right, and there have been a few hall of famers come out of there. Kietzman is high! Croyle is totally different than Daniel, and would be way better than any of the other QB's in the big 12. Remember, Daniel was a highsman finalist, so that comparison is a bit skewed.

Alabama wasn't shit while Croyle played there though.

Stats can be misleading

bkkcoh
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
He could start for KU, :D but not MU.

tyton75
08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan and while I think Croyle isn't as terrible as everyone says.. I would rather have Daniel as the starter at MU over Croyle

suds79
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I heard the show. It's the dumbest loaded question around.

1st, those are winning teams with QBs who fit their system very well. Why would you mess that up?

Note he didn't ask if you were the Chiefs, would anybody take any of the local QBs to replace Croyle.

no in both situations.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
You MU fans are gonna have a reality check when it comes to Chase Daniels playing in the NFL, at best he will be a good back up in the NFL. Now before you jump on my case, that doesnt mean he isnt a outstanding college QB, because he is, hes prolly a top 5 QB in college football, but he just isnt cut out for the NFL.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM

Stats can be misleading

Hmm Alabama went 10-2, Croyle's senior year.

sedated
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Hmm Alabama went 10-2, Croyle's senior year.

thanks to their defense

Per ESPN: "In 2005, the Crimson Tide finished No. 1 in both the SEC and NCAA in scoring defense, giving up only 10.7 points per game under defensive coordinator Joe Kines. "

keg in kc
08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd say Croyle proved at bama he can succeed with absolutely no talent around him. Which is why I'm still 'wait and see' on his NFL development. He's got all the physical tools, the question is whether he has the brain and can stay healthy.

I'd probably take him over anybody but Daniel, and that's a system thing.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2008, 01:31 PM

Stats can be misleading

:spock:

Which would make his accomplishments.....more impressive?

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Remember, Daniel was a highsman finalist, so that comparison is a bit skewed.

Daniel smokes weed?

leviw
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
You MU fans are gonna have a reality check when it comes to Chase Daniels playing in the NFL, at best he will be a good back up in the NFL. Now before you jump on my case, that doesnt mean he isnt a outstanding college QB, because he is, hes prolly a top 5 QB in college football, but he just isnt cut out for the NFL.

He couldn't even get a 6th round guarantee from an NFL team last season. And it will be tough for him to equal the numbers he had last year. Same with Reesing. Either will be very lucky to take one regular season NFL snap.

Dartgod
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
You're going to have to point out to me which MU fans are saying that Daniel (no S) will succeed in the NFL. I see only one person in this thread that said he might get a shot in the NFL.

sedated
08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I'd say Croyle proved at bama he can succeed with absolutely no talent around him.

huh?

what is your mark of success? a 10-2 record solely because of a dominant defense? or having one of the worst offenses in college football?

after Prothro went down against Florida, Alabama managed to score 13, 6, 35 (against Utah State), 17, 13, 18, and 13.

watching that offense was brutal, exactly like the run, run, pass, punt offense in KC.

RJ
08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes, I would take Brodie Croyle as starting QB for my favorite college team over the current starter.

My favorite college team is Maryland, their starter is Jordan Steffy. Steffy is a senior who has thrown 4 career touchdowns.

KCCHIEFS27
08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Graham Harrell for QB '09!!!!!

evolve27
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Hellz no.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Let's be honest here, Chase Daniel is a great college player, in pure college scenario he's better than Croyle was as a college player, Josh Freeman has more natural talent and will probably be a 1st round pick...

And no I wouldn't want him on SC, we just had our version of Croyle in JD Booty.

Spott
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd take Croyle over Freeman, but I think both Reesing and Daniel are better college QB's than him. Croyle got a lot of stats because of all the playing time he got at Alabama, but he was never really that impressive in college.

Spott
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
You MU fans are gonna have a reality check when it comes to Chase Daniel playing in the NFL, at best he will be a good back up in the NFL. Now before you jump on my case, that doesnt mean he isnt a outstanding college QB, because he is, hes prolly a top 5 QB in college football, but he just isnt cut out for the NFL.

I've never heard a single MU fan say that he would accomplish anything in the pros. He's just a good college QB who happens to own the beakers.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd take Croyle over Freeman, but I think both Reesing and Daniel are better college QB's than him. Croyle got a lot of stats because of all the playing time he got at Alabama, but he was never really that impressive in college.

That's odd because I will guarantee you that Freeman is drafted higher than any of those other QB's Croyle included.

Buehler445
08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I think Croyle is better than Freeman is now. Maybe not when he's done, but from what I've seen from Freeman (admittedly limited) is inconcsistency at best. He's got some measurables, but he hasn't performed like a 1st or 2nd rounder yet. He may by the time he graduates, but as of now, no.

Posted via Mobile Device

TrickyNicky
08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I heard that whole segment. He then went on to state that KC needs to put Huard in to have a shot at the playoffs. That's all I needed to hear.

ArrowheadHawk
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Blackledge was a great college QB. Look where that got him.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I heard that whole segment. He then went on to state that KC needs to put Huard in to have a shot at the playoffs. That's all I needed to hear.

ROFL

What a dumbass.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
He has to say that, if the Chiefs are awful and he talks about it that way he'll have no callers for 5 months.

TrickyNicky
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
He could've taken a different tact if thats the case. Like say, haranguing King Carl for not even reaching the cap floor to bring in much veteran help on offense.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
He could've taken a different tact if thats the case. Like say, haranguing King Carl for not even reaching the cap floor to bring in much veteran help on offense.

He was doing that earlier saying Clark is being cheap due to paying money into the stadium stuff.

DJ's left nut
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM

He wasn't 'cut out' for major Division I College Football either.

I won't throw dirt on him until he proves he can't do it. He's overachieved at every level, he may be able to pull it off again.

jlscorpio
08-27-2008, 05:38 PM
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!! Croyle over Casey Dickless in a second.

jlscorpio
08-27-2008, 05:38 PM
800 posts!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RibKing67
08-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I was the one that called KK and told him yes I would take Brodie on any of those 3 teams. As with all callers that disagree with him I got run up against his so called break and he would not let me finish my call. He is a quaid. He thinks his are the only valid opinions. I also was the one that called and told him and Danny K. that the Giants would win the superbowl and even tried to wager an iced tea or other beverage on the game. Again I was run off the air. Hummmm I guess I do know a thing or two.

ArrowheadHawk
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
I was the one that called KK and told him yes I would take Brodie on any of those 3 teams. As with all callers that disagree with him I got run up against his so called break and he would not let me finish my call. He is a quaid. He thinks his are the only valid opinions. I also was the one that called and told him and Danny K. that the Giants would win the superbowl and even tried to wager an iced tea or other beverage on the game. Again I was run off the air. Hummmm I guess I do know a thing or two.
You are teh shit!

KCheavy
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I heard that part of the show on my way to work, I was glad when I got to work and had to stop listening, cause it was pissing me off. I couldn't believe it

KCheavy
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Croyle ANY DAY!!!

chiefs1111
08-27-2008, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=jlscorpio;4951157]WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!! Croyle over Casey Dickless in a second.[/QUOT

Yeah,I can't believe they don't have a better QB there to start.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=jlscorpio;4951157]WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!! Croyle over Casey Dickless in a second.[/QUOT

Yeah,I can't believe they don't have a better QB there to start.

They do he just can't play this year cause he transferred.

chiefs1111
08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Let's be honest here, Chase Daniel is a great college player, in pure college scenario he's better than Croyle was as a college player, Josh Freeman has more natural talent and will probably be a 1st round pick...

And no I wouldn't want him on SC, we just had our version of Croyle in JD Booty.

lol, If you had to choose between Croyle and Booty,who is worse?

chiefs1111
08-27-2008, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=chiefs1111;4952196]

They do he just can't play this year cause he transferred.

wow,that sucks for them. I bet they miss Mustaine right about now.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:43 PM
lol, If you had to choose between Croyle and Booty,who is worse?

Oh lord....they were both 5 star high school recruits, Booty never lived up to the hype but atleast he never got hurt I guess. If we had Croyle I'm not sure we'd have had the same records cause the backup would have played half our games.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca;4952205]

Mustain is sucking serious balls out at SC right now...

chiefs1111
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=chiefs1111;4952210]

Mustain is sucking serious balls out at SC right now...

Yeah I heard about that. Im a little surprised,he didn't look to bad when he played for Arkansas. Wasn't there a WR that transferred from Arkansas with him?

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca;4952218]

Yeah I heard about that. Im a little surprised,he didn't look to bad when he played for Arkansas. Wasn't there a WR that transferred from Arkansas with him?

Damian Williams, he looks good by the way he was named a co starter at WR.

Mustain is heavily struggling with SC's pro style offense and big playbook his high school team and Arkansas ran nothing close to it.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Here's an article about Sanchez, Mustain and what happens with QB's at SC...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...cks/index.html

There's no competition: Sanchez is easily USC's best quarterback

The moment Mark Sanchez cemented himself as USC's starting quarterback this season didn't come when he led the team to a fourth-quarter comeback win over Arizona last season in his first career start. It didn't come when he threw four touchdowns passes and no interceptions in a 38-0 rout of Notre Dame in South Bend. It didn't even come this spring when coach Pete Carroll named him the starter in April, leading to No. 6 jerseys being printed and sold in the campus bookstore.

It came after he dislocated his kneecap on Aug. 9, sidelining him for nearly two weeks.

It happened as he relaxed inside a golf cart and watched Mitch Mustain throw one mind-boggling interception after another in practices. As he sat on the bench and watched Aaron Corp struggle to hit open receivers and run out of the pocket the moment he felt pressured. As he stood on the sidelines and watched Garrett Green play as well as a quarterback turned safety turned wide receiver who was asked to turn into a quarterback again could.

It was then that USC fans, and maybe even some of its players, began to realize what USC coaches have known all along. This supposed quarterback competition was never much of a competition at all.

Sanchez is USC's best quarterback and it isn't even close.

That the gap is as wide as it is may come as a surprise to those that figured Mustain, who went 8-0 as the starting quarterback at Arkansas as a freshman in 2006, would win the job after proving his mettle in the SEC with back-to-back wins over ranked Alabama and Auburn, the latter coming on the road.

The realization that Mustain's Arkansas credentials meant nothing at USC came fairly quickly for the quarterback after he reviewed the Trojans' telephone-book-sized playbook. His transition is basically the equivalent of an award-winning cook at the Whole Hog Café taking a job as a sushi chef at Katsuya. He's literally starting from scratch with no carryover.

"Completely different," said Mustain when asked to compare what he did at Arkansas to USC. "It's not even close. What we ran at Arkansas was hybrid of a couple different things, we really didn't have a solid philosophy where as here we have a solid philosophy that we follow and everything we do is based off of that. We have everything set around a core. We didn't have that at Arkansas, everything was pretty scattered."

Learning USC's pro style, timing-based offense can often be like learning how to tango. You will invariably stumble and look like you're moving with two left feet as you count your steps but once it becomes second nature, it's a thing of beauty.

"We do a variety of different personnel groupings and have a variety of different concepts, not only in the run game but in the pass game and the quarterback in our system is responsible for a lot of things," said offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian. "They have responsibilities in the run game and the pass game and the recognition of coverages is big because so much of our passing is timing oriented. If you struggle to recognize coverages, it's going to take time, but once you get it, it becomes second nature and you can just go out there and play."

It's a playbook that has taken all of its starting quarterbacks about two years to master. Even Carson Palmer, who had to learn it on the fly as a junior during Carroll's first season at USC, didn't break out of his mistake-prone underachieving shell and into a Hesiman winner until the end of his second season. Matt Leinart spent two years as Palmer's backup, John David Booty spent three years as Leinart's backup and outside of three starts last season, Sanchez spent three years behind both Leinart and Booty waiting for his opportunity to be the starter.

"From Leinart to J.D. to now Mark and even with Carson, it wasn't until the end of his second year that he really exploded. It takes time," said Sarkisian, who believed since spring practices that Sanchez gives the team the best chance to win. "We've said that all along. We try to push these guys as far as we can push them as quickly as we can but invariably it takes time."

Sanchez returned to practice this week, about a week ahead of schedule, and quickly reinserted himself as the leader of the team, barking out instructions to receivers and helping the quarterbacks during their drills. Even while Sanchez was sidelined he would help Mustain and Corp with the offense, talking to them after their mistakes. He is more like Carroll than any quarterback the coach has ever had at USC. He is a fiery ball of emotion on the field, but a media darling off it as he shakes hands with every reporter who interviews him and personalizes every autograph he is asked to sign.

"I think I'm a lot like Carroll," said Sanchez, who expects to start the season opener against Virginia. "He says when a good friend comes out and watches one of our practices he wants the first thing for them to say is, 'Man, that looks fast and wow, they play with great effort.' I don't want anyone to ever see me play and not be able to notice that this guy loves what he's doing. It would kill me if anyone ever thought I was just going through the motions or I wasn't into it. I will never have that happen. Some people call it an X-factor, some people call it charisma, but I know that I have to be the quarterback and lead the troops and get guys going."

While Mustain may be the most physically gifted quarterback on the roster, he has looked lost at times as he continues to struggle with his progressions, often throwing interceptions that Carroll calls "game-crushers." It's decisions like that which have not only made Sanchez the clear-cut starter but also catapulted Corp, a redshirt freshman, past Mustain in the eyes of many on the team. With a stingy defense and an embarrassment of riches at running back where six potential game-changing ball carriers litter the backfield, the Trojans would rather go with a solid game manager like Corp than a risk-taker like Mustain.

"We want to find out who is ready to handle the game and make good choices and give us a chance to win," said Carroll. "We're not looking for our quarterback to be spectacular and carry the whole load. We never have."

Mustain was far more comfortable transitioning from high school to college than he has been from Arkansas to USC. No high school quarterback had an easier transition into the college game than Mustain did during his freshman season. He arrived in Fayetteville with his high school coach, Gus Malzahn, who was hired as the Hogs' offensive coordinator along with three of his high school teammates, including receiver Damian Williams, who transferred to USC with him. In terms of his comfort level with his offensive coordinator, Mustain was actually ahead of the upperclassmen dealing with Malzahn for the first time. That couldn't be further from the truth at USC, where even Green, who has played a handful of positions at USC after arriving on campus as a quarterback three years ago, has a better command of the offense than Mustain.

"Garrett Green is further than [Mustain and Corp] in terms of verbiage," said Carroll. "He's smoother with the signals and all that stuff because he's been through it all. They still have a ways to go. They're not there yet."

There has always been an inclination for fans and outsiders to clamor for the backup quarterback to unseat the new starting quarterback during Carroll's tenure at USC. Leinart was supposed to replace Palmer in the starting lineup in 2001 after the Trojans started the season 2-5. Booty was supposed to replace Leinart after USC lost to Cal in 2003. And Sanchez actually did end up replacing Booty for three games after the senior quarterback broke his finger in a loss to Stanford.

The current situation at quarterback for USC could best be compared to the situation prior to the 2003 season when a two-year backup (Leinart) beat out a transfer quarterback that had starting experience at a big-time program (Brandan Hance, who started nine games at Purdue as a sophomore), a high-school prodigy (Booty) and a versatile quarterback willing to play some wide receiver to get on the field (Matt Cassel). It seems silly to think of that as a competition now and the same may be said about the competition heading into the 2008 season years down the line in retrospect.

"No disrespect to the other quarterbacks, but Mark is a complete quarterback," said linebacker Rey Maualuga. "He's overall the best quarterback of the three and he gives us the best chance to win."

chiefs1111
08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Well they better hope Sanchez can stay healthy this year.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
You can't stop Dirty Sanchez....he looks like he's a go for Virginia so everything is good.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh lord....they were both 5 star high school recruits, Booty never lived up to the hype but atleast he never got hurt I guess. If we had Croyle I'm not sure we'd have had the same records cause the backup would have played half our games.

With USC's line Croyle never would have hardly been touched.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 11:03 PM
With USC's line Croyle never would have hardly been touched.

We've had some issues with our line...right now it's one of the biggest question marks on the team as we are going to start exactly 1 senior..some of the guys aren't even juniors...to show you where Carroll thought the line was going in last years recruiting class we signed 2 5 star OT's and 3 4 star OG's.....and our center is a true soph so...

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 11:06 PM
We've had some issues with our line...right now it's one of the biggest question marks on the team as we are going to start exactly 1 senior..some of the guys aren't even juniors...to show you where Carroll thought the line was going in last years recruiting class we signed 2 5 star OT's and 3 4 star OG's.....and our center is a true soph so...

I am talking about when Justice and all those guys were the line.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
I am talking about when Justice and all those guys were the line.

Booty never played with Justice, or Kalil or Lutui or Matua or any of those guys they all took off with Leinart.

Booty played with guys like Sam Baker, Chilo Rachal, Drew Radovich and Kyle Williams, not that that's horrible but it isn't quite to the same level. Hell we had O'Dowd starting last year at center as a true freshman then he and Chilo both got hurt and that was awful for our team.

Guru
08-27-2008, 11:15 PM
KK is a complete idiot. but you already knew that right?

jlscorpio
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca;4952205]

Mustaine will be sellin' Fords in Springdale in 2 years

Mecca
09-02-2008, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=chiefs1111;4952210]

Mustaine will be sellin' Fords in Springdale in 2 years

Bet you miss Damian Williams......Mustain still has 2 more years of eligibility so he will still get a shot to start for atleast 1 year.

DJ's left nut
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Dunno about Croyle, but I'd damn sure rather have Jeff Wolfert than any placekicker we've had on the roster.

Kid is nails.