PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Question for any / all democrats to answer.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Seriously , why all of this talk, bashing of Bush policies that you want to label John McCain as being a part / or just like Bush when the democrats have voted the same / or enough have voted to pass in the house and the Senate ? I know some stuff was all Bush, but this current group of senate and congressmen were one of the laziest group when it came to passing legislature.

Can somebody give me a serious answer without all of the BS rhetoric between parties. Where is the reason that one party or one person is the blame when clearly both parties and all voters are the problem ?

So Dems, Why bash something the democrats help make ?

Friendo
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2004083886_congress20.html

oldandslow
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I have no love for the Pelosi led congress. Her lack of intestinal fortitude is nothing less than amazing.

Roy - I vote dem because I believe in socialized medicine, I believe in trickle up rather than trickle down, I believe in a progressive income tax, I believe in trust busting, and most of all, I believe in protecting the environment.

The repubs rate 0 on most of those issues.

You may believe differently than I do, so you should vote repub. But I will always vote for the party that most closely identifies with my beliefs on issues.

Friendo
08-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Roy_I do believe there are good peeps in both Parties--the encouraging thing about this election, is that I believe the two Candidates will in fact reach across the aisle, and seek input and hopefully compromise. I just believe BO will do more of that, and in fact, already has.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I have no love for the Pelosi led congress. Her lack of intestinal fortitude is nothing less than amazing.

Roy - I vote dem because I believe in socialized medicine, I believe in trickle up rather than trickle down, I believe in a progressive income tax, I believe in trust busting, and most of all, I believe in protecting the environment.

The repubs rate 0 on most of those issues.

You may believe differently than I do, so you should vote repub. But I will always vote for the party that most closely identifies with my beliefs on issues.

That's fair, it's your choice. I do feel that some core beliefs in some democrats are solid.

But my question is , Why bash Bush and or McCain for something a democrat controlled house and senate passed certain legislature ?

IMHO, it's a 2 party system that both should take blame for .

Taco John
08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
That's fair, it's your choice. I do feel that some core beliefs in some democrats are solid.

But my question is , Why bash Bush and or McCain for something a democrat controlled house and senate passed certain legislature ?

Is this your first time around the block or something?

The answer is "because it's an election season."

Mr. Laz
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
so your position is that they all suck so don't yell at the republicans? :spock:

wow ... so it deny,deny,deny,excuse,excuse then blame everyone, not just us?

back to the original question to why the Bush bashing and throwing McCain in there?

imo

1. Bush and his backers were so dam hostile during his presidency.

Their position from the very beginning was "We are right, you are wrong ... if you don't like it then go F*** yourself" There was no place for being wrong, no wiggle room. They took the same position with their foreign policy "we are gonna do what we want, we don't need your help, we don't want your help ... go F*** yourself"

2. this country was fully under the control for 6 years ... to now say the democratic led congress is now equal in blame based on the last 2 years is just silly.

3. No Apology here - the GOP has been and still is not the least bit apologetic about anything that's happened. Even when stuff has not worked out or been proven wrong the ignore it or deny it. How does anyone expect any understanding or sympathy when they are such jackasses about everything.

3. McCain has several difference than Bush but in some of the most problem areas he has goose stepped right in line with him.

The war,trickle down economics,big oil and now apparently the POS Karl Rove is guiding McCain's campaign? WTF Rove should probably be in jail not running another election. holy shiite.

McCain is being surrounded and swallow up by the GOP dirt digging PR spinning world of scumbags lead by Karl Rove :shake:

the GOP has burnt alot of bridges and now they ask why?

now you want to share?

now you want to get along?

i don't think so

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Is this your first time around the block or something?

The answer is "because it's an election season."

Good Grief, I know that, I've been around a little longer than you,I think. But this is Politics Central, it's the norm to spurt off about the other candidate / party just to suit their own agenda. They are not going to admit that they were part of the problem. Why don't we see Senators, congressmen stand up and say, Ya know, I signed that bill and I was wrong, thru all the efforts we failed, but I want to make it right, this is my new course of action or plan. Responsibility lies with all members of the house and senate.

So I ask, why bash a policy they helped create ...... FTR, This can be said for both parties. It just happen that this election is coming off of a republican president.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
so your position is that they all suck so don't yell at the republicans? :spock:

wow ... so it deny,deny,deny,excuse,excuse then blame everyone, not just us?

back to the original question to why the Bush bashing and throwing McCain in there?

imo

1. Bush and his backers were so dam hostile during his presidency.

Their position from the very beginning was "We are right, you are wrong ... if you don't like it then go F*** yourself" There was no place for being wrong, no wiggle room. They took the same position with their foreign policy "we are gonna do what we want, we don't need your help, we don't want your help ... go F*** yourself"

2. this country was fully under the control for 6 years ... to now say the democratic led congress is now equal in blame based on the last 2 years is just silly.

3. No Apology here - the GOP has been and still is not the least bit apologetic about anything that's happened. Even when stuff has not worked out or been proven wrong the ignore it or deny it. How does anyone expect any understanding or sympathy when they are such jackasses about everything.

3. McCain has several difference than Bush but in some of the most problem areas he has goose stepped right in line with him.

The war,trickle down economics,big oil and now apparently the POS Karl Rove is guiding McCain's campaign? WTF Rove should probably be in jail not running another election. holy shiite.

McCain is being surrounded and swallow up by the GOP dirt digging PR spinning world of scumbags lead by Karl Rove :shake:

the GOP has burnt alot of bridges and now they ask why?

now you want to share?

now you want to get along?

i don't think so

Damn, bitter ?

FTR, I believe we need a POTUS and a Senate, congress of separate parties.
I do not favor a majority in the house / senate with the same party as POTUS, too much crap get pushed thru that isn't always in the best interest of the country.

Rooster
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Presidents get way too much credit when things are going good and way too much blame when things are bad. IMO

I really don't care what side of the isle they sit on. They are all dirtbags and to argue and to defend one side over the other is just silly. Nobody is right if everyone is wrong.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Damn, bitter ?

I do not favor a majority in the house / senate with the same party as POTUS, too much crap get pushed thru that isn't always in the best interest of the country.

WTF, Roy?

You asked, Laz answered clearly and concisely.

How does that make him bitter?

JFC.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Presidents get way too much credit when things are going good and way too much blame when things are bad. IMO

I really don't care what side of the isle they sit on. They are all dirtbags and to argue and to defend one side over the other is just silly. Nobody is right if everyone is wrong.
very true

which is what worries me most about McCain

i actually kinda like McCain

he is open to cleaning the enviroment and wants election financial reform. He realizes that special interest being about to buy votes isn't a good thing. He want tax reform and i believe he's a pretty sincere and honest man.

but he is getting surrounded by more and more Bush/Chaney/Rove republicans and i'm afraid that he'll pretty much be swallowed up as a president by many of the less savory side of the GOP.

Rooster
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
very true

but he is getting surrounded by more and more Bush/Chaney/Rove republicans and i'm afraid that he'll pretty much be swallowed up as a president by many of the less savory side of the GOP.

I agree. He has to distance himself from these people.

I honestly have not decided who I'm voting for. I don't drink the Dem kool-aid and I don't drink the GOP kool-aid. They both have issues. They both lie and spin.

The debates will decide it for me.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2008, 04:26 PM
WTF, Roy?

JFC.
many a republican think everyone else is bitter because they don't want to forgive and forget.

They say we are bitter because we don't want to give the GOP a hug after republicans have given us nothing but the finger for the last 8 years.

bitter ..... maybe, but i prefer to look at it as not being a fool.

What's that old adage?

"Be careful who you step on on your way up ... because they will remember you on your way down."

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
WTF, Roy?

JFC.

Uh, maybe the tone of his sentences ?

:doh!:

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
very true

which is what worries me most about McCain

i actually kinda like McCain

he is open to cleaning the enviroment and wants election financial reform. He realizes that special interest being about to buy votes isn't a good thing. He want tax reform and i believe he's a pretty sincere and honest man.

That's fair, Bush / Cheney and Rove has got alot of people pissed off.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree. He has to distance himself from these people.

I honestly have not decided who I'm voting for. I don't drink the Dem kool-aid and I don't drink the GOP kool-aid. They both have issues. They both lie and spin.

The debates will decide it for me.

distancing himself from these people is not enough imo.

he needs to show me that he isn't gonna be in bed with them as a president.

i could care less about political gamesmanship and trying to "look" like he is not a Rove-ite. I want him to not "BE" a Rove-ite.

bsp4444
08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Damn, bitter ?

While this is probably true, I would like to take a Porsche out and drive it as fast as it can go. Let's see what our government can do with less party bickering. (although we may end up in a fiery crash)

Uncle_Ted
08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
1) You realize there is still a Republican president who has veto power, right?

2) The GOP has filibustered in the Senate more the last two years than at any time in history. I guess all those arguments they made against the filibuster back when they controlled everything were a pile of sh!t. Of course the Dems have complained about it but haven't taken the issue to the extremes the way the Repubs did a few years ago.

Cave Johnson
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Read this article, ROY, and ask yourself this. After being treated in this manner, how would I feel about sharing power? And, would I put these guys in charge of even a frozen banana stand?:

For your convenience, here are some of the highlights.

Patriot Act:

Sensenbrenner became apoplectic when Democrats who wanted to hold a hearing on the Patriot Act invoked a little-known rule that required him to let them have one. "Naturally, he scheduled it for something like 9 a.m. on a Friday when Congress wasn't in session, hoping that no one would show," recalls a Democratic staffer who attended the hearing. "But we got a pretty good turnout anyway."

Sensenbrenner kept trying to gavel the hearing to a close, but Democrats again pointed to the rules, which said they had a certain amount of time to examine their witnesses. When they refused to stop the proceedings, the chairman did something unprecedented: He simply picked up his gavel and walked out.

"He was like a kid at the playground," the staffer says. And just in case anyone missed the point, Sensenbrenner shut off the lights and cut the microphones on his way out of the room.

Tactics:

The lowlight of [Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Bill Thomas'] reign took place just before midnight on July 17th, 2003, when Thomas dumped a "substitute" pension bill on Democrats -- one that they had never read -- and informed them they would be voting on it the next morning. Infuriated, Democrats stalled by demanding that the bill be read out line by line while they recessed to a side room to confer. But Thomas wanted to move forward -- so he called the Capitol police to evict the Democrats.

Thomas is also notorious for excluding Democrats from the conference hearings needed to iron out the differences between House and Senate versions of a bill. According to the rules, conferences have to include at least one public, open meeting. But in the Bush years, Republicans have managed the conference issue with some of the most mind-blowingly juvenile behavior seen in any parliament west of the Russian Duma after happy hour. GOP chairmen routinely call a meeting, bring the press in for a photo op and then promptly shut the proceedings down. "Take a picture, wait five minutes, gavel it out -- all for show" is how one Democratic staffer described the process. Then, amazingly, the Republicans sneak off to hold the real conference, forcing the Democrats to turn amateur detective and go searching the Capitol grounds for the meeting. "More often than not, we're trying to figure out where the conference is," says one House aide.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever

Direckshun
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Seriously , why all of this talk, bashing of Bush policies that you want to label John McCain as being a part / or just like Bush when the democrats have voted the same / or enough have voted to pass in the house and the Senate ? I know some stuff was all Bush, but this current group of senate and congressmen were one of the laziest group when it came to passing legislature.

Can somebody give me a serious answer without all of the BS rhetoric between parties. Where is the reason that one party or one person is the blame when clearly both parties and all voters are the problem ?

So Dems, Why bash something the democrats help make ?
Because McCain is running for President, and President Bush and these Democrats are not.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 05:30 PM
1) You realize there is still a Republican president who has veto power, right?

2) The GOP has filibustered in the Senate more the last two years than at any time in history. I guess all those arguments they made against the filibuster back when they controlled everything were a pile of sh!t. Of course the Dems have complained about it but haven't taken the issue to the extremes the way the Repubs did a few years ago.

Yep, I fully expect all 3 sides H / S / P to work together for the country, not for the damn parties involved. This piss's me off like no other thing politicians do ......

Cave Johnson
08-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I know some stuff was all Bush, but this current group of senate and congressmen were one of the laziest group when it came to passing legislature.

Laziest Congress? Try the one that got unceremoniously dumped in 2006.

"In the Sixties and Seventies, Congress met an average of 162 days a year. In the Eighties and Nineties, the average went down to 139 days. This year, the second session of the 109th Congress will set the all-time record for fewest days worked by a U.S. Congress: ninety-three.

And even those numbers don't come close to telling the full story. Those who actually work on the Hill will tell you that a great many of those "workdays" were shameless mail-ins, half-days at best. Congress has arranged things now so that the typical workweek on the Hill begins late on Tuesday and ends just after noon on Thursday, to give members time to go home for the four-day weekend. This is borne out in the numbers: On nine of its "workdays" this year, the House held not a single vote -- meeting for less than eleven minutes. The Senate managed to top the House's feat, pulling off three workdays this year that lasted less than one minute. All told, a full fifteen percent of the Senate's workdays lasted less than four hours. Figuring for half-days, in fact, the 109th Congress probably worked almost two months less than that "Do-Nothing" Congress."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever/4

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM

ROFL

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Read this article, ROY, and ask yourself this. After being treated in this manner, how would I feel about sharing power? And, would I put these guys in charge of even a frozen banana stand?:

For your convenience, here are some of the highlights.

Patriot Act:

Sensenbrenner became apoplectic when Democrats who wanted to hold a hearing on the Patriot Act invoked a little-known rule that required him to let them have one. "Naturally, he scheduled it for something like 9 a.m. on a Friday when Congress wasn't in session, hoping that no one would show," recalls a Democratic staffer who attended the hearing. "But we got a pretty good turnout anyway."

Sensenbrenner kept trying to gavel the hearing to a close, but Democrats again pointed to the rules, which said they had a certain amount of time to examine their witnesses. When they refused to stop the proceedings, the chairman did something unprecedented: He simply picked up his gavel and walked out.

"He was like a kid at the playground," the staffer says. And just in case anyone missed the point, Sensenbrenner shut off the lights and cut the microphones on his way out of the room.

Tactics:

The lowlight of [Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Bill Thomas'] reign took place just before midnight on July 17th, 2003, when Thomas dumped a "substitute" pension bill on Democrats -- one that they had never read -- and informed them they would be voting on it the next morning. Infuriated, Democrats stalled by demanding that the bill be read out line by line while they recessed to a side room to confer. But Thomas wanted to move forward -- so he called the Capitol police to evict the Democrats.

Thomas is also notorious for excluding Democrats from the conference hearings needed to iron out the differences between House and Senate versions of a bill. According to the rules, conferences have to include at least one public, open meeting. But in the Bush years, Republicans have managed the conference issue with some of the most mind-blowingly juvenile behavior seen in any parliament west of the Russian Duma after happy hour. GOP chairmen routinely call a meeting, bring the press in for a photo op and then promptly shut the proceedings down. "Take a picture, wait five minutes, gavel it out -- all for show" is how one Democratic staffer described the process. Then, amazingly, the Republicans sneak off to hold the real conference, forcing the Democrats to turn amateur detective and go searching the Capitol grounds for the meeting. "More often than not, we're trying to figure out where the conference is," says one House aide.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever

Like the previous post .........Yep, I fully expect all 3 sides H / S / P to work together for the country, not for the damn parties involved. This piss's me off like no other thing politicians do ......

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Yep, I fully expect all 3 sides H / S / P to work together for the country, not for the damn parties involved. This piss's me off like no other thing politicians do ......

You always talk about this kind of thing yet you are so partisan to the extreme.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Then I guess there's no way to please you.

He answered your question - why do you care about the tone?

I don't recall you stating "Oh, and please make it nice and sweet when you respond".

Again, JFC. Just JFC.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Laziest Congress? Try the one that got unceremoniously dumped in 2006.

"In the Sixties and Seventies, Congress met an average of 162 days a year. In the Eighties and Nineties, the average went down to 139 days. This year, the second session of the 109th Congress will set the all-time record for fewest days worked by a U.S. Congress: ninety-three.

And even those numbers don't come close to telling the full story. Those who actually work on the Hill will tell you that a great many of those "workdays" were shameless mail-ins, half-days at best. Congress has arranged things now so that the typical workweek on the Hill begins late on Tuesday and ends just after noon on Thursday, to give members time to go home for the four-day weekend. This is borne out in the numbers: On nine of its "workdays" this year, the House held not a single vote -- meeting for less than eleven minutes. The Senate managed to top the House's feat, pulling off three workdays this year that lasted less than one minute. All told, a full fifteen percent of the Senate's workdays lasted less than four hours. Figuring for half-days, in fact, the 109th Congress probably worked almost two months less than that "Do-Nothing" Congress."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever/4

I knew I remembered something about it, just didn't take the time to look it up....... this is just sad .....

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Then I guess there's no way to please you.

He answered your question - why do you care about the tone?

I don't recall you stating "Oh, and please make it nice and sweet when you respond".

Again, JFC. Just JFC.

I sense alot of anger in the democrats this year, more than years past. Crap, Americans in general are pissed off with the way things are and rightfully so. IMHO, I just get a different feeling than when Clinton ran when all dems said it was the worst of times.

FTR, WTH is JFC, is it just f**king chill ?

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Americans in general are pissed off with the way things are and rightfully so. IMHO, I just get a different feeling than when Clinton ran when all dems said it was the worst of times.

I fully agree with this statement.

Which leads me to believe that regardless of the current polls, the Democrats will easily win the White House, much like in 1992.

Unless somehow along the way, they completely screw up.

Which honestly, I wouldn't put past them.

Cave Johnson
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Where is the reason that one party or one person is the blame when clearly both parties and all voters are the problem?

I think the problem is that not everyone believes like you do that "clearly both parties" are to blame.

I think one party's more to blame, and it's the one that created or at least accelerated a hyper-partisan environment by conducting a roving investigation of the President in the 1990s and then used their control over both branches of government (from 2001 to 2006) to govern by fiat.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I fully agree with this statement.

Which leads me to believe that regardless of the current polls, the Democrats will easily win the White House, much like in 1992.

Unless somehow along the way, they completely screw up.

Which honestly, I wouldn't put past them.

I don't know how you ignored the rest of the bullshit found in the post you quoted.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
One thing that gets me about politicians,

a new politician, ( the the crowd ) I hear your voice, I will cast your votes in the house when I'm elected.

2nd term politician ( I took Wash DC head on with your voice ) , current house members , dude, lighten up this year, you are making us look bad .

3rd term politician ( to his followers ) We need bi - partisanship in Wash DC, I'm the one to do it.

If not corrupted when elected, just give them time, they will sell out to the party.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
One thing that gets me about politicians,

a new politician, ( the the crowd ) I hear your voice, I will cast your votes in the house when I'm elected.

2nd term politician ( I took Wash DC head on with your voice ) , part members , dude, lighten up this year, you are making us look bad .

3rd term politician ( to his followers ) We need bi - partisanship in Wash DC, I'm the one to do it.

If not corrupted when elected, just give them time, they will sell out to the party.

Keep railing about party lines and how you hate them. It raises the irony each time because you are so partisan yourself.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Keep railing about party lines and how you hate them. It raises the irony each time because you are so partisan yourself.

So you do not feel like this shit happens ?

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know how you ignored the rest of the bullshit found in the post you quoted.

It wasn't easy :evil:

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM

What was wrong with the statement I made ?

Logical
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM

You really don't pay attention to what has been going on Roy. You really need to understand Executive Orders and how they bypass the Legislature. You also need to understand that their is not a veto proof congress right now, so passing legislation Bush will just veto is a useless gesture. People who don't understand how bills are enacted are really depriving themselves of an important understanding of how our federal government works.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
So you do not feel like this shit happens ?

I do. But I am far less partisan than you are.

So it's ironical to hear you spout off about not being partisan and working together and then spew off the partisan shit you have lately.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
What was wrong with the statement I made ?

Nothing was wrong. It was just bullshit to the extreme. "It being different than the Democrats with Clinton and it being the end of times. I sense a lot of anger in the democrats this year."

100% unfiltered BS from the partisan hack claiming to be moderate.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
You really don't pay attention to what has been going on Roy. You really need to understand Executive Orders and how they bypass the Legislature. You also need to understand that their is not a veto proof congress right now, so passing legislation Bush will just veto is a useless gesture. People who don't understand how bills are enacted are really depriving themselves of an important understanding of how our federal government works.

No Jim, I do, I see the partisanship for the party and not for the good of the country. Again, if you are not an elected crook in your 1st term, you will be by the 2nd one. Shit gets passed or not passed because of the party affiliated,not for the good of the country.

President veto's are misused as many times, if not more than used. Too often, it's wrong, many times it used correctly.

I blame the politicians for the shape of our economy more than any one person.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 07:07 PM
No Jim, I do, I see the partisanship for the party and not for the good of the country. Again, if you are not an elected crook in your 1st term, you will be by the 2nd one. Shit gets passed or not passed because of the party affiliated,not for the good of the country.

President veto's are misused as many times, if not more than used. Too often, it's wrong, many times it used correctly.

I blame the politicians for the shape of our economy more than any one person.

Whoooo, here's moderate Roy again. Always trying to talk about the common good and how politicans don't help it.

Yet always being partisan himself.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Nothing was wrong. It was just bullshit to the extreme. "It being different than the Democrats with Clinton and it being the end of times. I sense a lot of anger in the democrats this year."

100% unfiltered BS from the partisan hack claiming to be moderate.

Could have been the way I said it, trying to work and do this too..... my bad.

OK, During the Clinton presidential bid, the democrats were saying this is the worst time they can ever recall the country being in. They were mad, but not as much as today. Face it, it is worst now, due to the rising cost of oil, it has escalated the cost of living at alarming rates, causing ALL Americans to suffer.

We have reasons to be upset in American , today, it's easy to sense this. As laz was spurting out his anger, it was evident to see. I just feel we should blame all politicians instead of just one or one party.

But that's just me.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Whoooo, here's moderate Roy again. Always trying to talk about the common good and how politicans don't help it.

Yet always being partisan himself.

I see both sides, seriously I do, I see more democrats complaining or distorting the facts than republicans. But that's just me ........ who am I ? Just one voice ......

tiptap
08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I ask are Republicans and Democrats human? We have plenty of studies in which conflict, verbal in this case, escalates with each side thinking their rise in abuse is justified in response to previous acts. If you are seeing the verbal assault of Democrats as more, I think you are right. For my part, I usually avoid name calling but feel no remorse in calling John Maverdick. So why is this so.

9/11. At a time when every American was willing to find solutions, Democrats were cut off except for the vote itself. Those who spoke up against a RUSH to War in Iraq, were reviled as unAmerican. If you think that kind of treatment engenders anything but vile, you fail to understand how much LIBERALS love their country. You missed the fundamental.

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Could have been the way I said it, trying to work and do this too..... my bad.

OK, During the Clinton presidential bid, the democrats were saying this is the worst time they can ever recall the country being in. They were mad, but not as much as today. Face it, it is worst now, due to the rising cost of oil, it has escalated the cost of living at alarming rates, causing ALL Americans to suffer.

We have reasons to be upset in American , today, it's easy to sense this. As laz was spurting out his anger, it was evident to see. I just feel we should blame all politicians instead of just one or one party.

But that's just me.

I have no idea what that post even means other than Americans are upset.

Can someone else explain it to me?

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I see both sides, seriously I do, I see more democrats complaining or distorting the facts than republicans. But that's just me ........ who am I ? Just one voice ......

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Or, more likely, you are just not admitting your partisanship.