PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official MU vs Illinois Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

CoMoChief
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
MU wins 34-24

IL will be good this season, but there's just too much talent on the Tigers roster to lose this one.

Midnight_Vulture
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Illini 40
Misery 26

This time Juice actually plays ALL game and not just a quarter. Sorry Misery fans but the only reason you won last year was due to Illinois having their back up play most of the game (he had like 4 turnovers too).

Consistent1
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I think Juice sucks myself. The Illini will do strange things like beat really good teams, then proceed to lose games they could easily win. It will be a fun game to watch.

eazyb81
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Illini 40
Misery 26

This time Juice actually plays ALL game and not just a quarter. Sorry Misery fans but the only reason you won last year was due to Illinois having their back up play most of the game (he had like 4 turnovers too).

I'm guessing you mention this about 17 more times between now and Saturday, since you've already said it at least 10 times. Does Juice Williams give good reach arounds?

eazyb81
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
It will be interesting to see how the O-line does, since we're going to have a freshman LT and overall the entire line lacks experience. If we hope to put up numbers like last season, Chase will need similar protection.

I expect the defense to be much better than most are predicting. We have 10 returning starters, a few AA candidates, and depth out of our ass. Personally, I feel our defense will be on of the top units in the country, but our offense will take a step back.

For Saturday, I'll go with a 38-31 Mizzou victory.

penguinz
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Illini 40
Misery 26

You are correct. The close score had nothing to do with MU gettign up big and then holding back on the reins since Pinkel does not believe in running up the score on teams.

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I worry about our injuries at the WR position (Alexander is out, Perry is hurt) and all of the true freshmen that will line up at wideout. One bad route could result in a pick six.

Playing Illinois right out of the gate is going to be tough.

Consistent1
08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
You are correct. The close score had nothing to do with MU gettign up big and then holding back on the reins since Pinkel does not believe in running up the score on teams.

I am more or less an Illini fan since Champaign is so close to me. Really I just like to watch good games more than anything. As far as running up the score all teams should be trying to do just that. They have plenty of kids that want to get on the field. If they can run it up, **** the other team. Keeping starters in is dumb once you have it in hand. These things aren't girl scout cookie sales meetings.

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Illini 40
Misery 26

This time Juice actually plays ALL game and not just a quarter. Sorry Misery fans but the only reason you won last year was due to Illinois having their back up play most of the game (he had like 4 turnovers too).MU was beating Illinois pretty solidly until the backup QB made it a game.

DJay23
08-27-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm sorry but that's a pretty lame excuse. If he has any hopes of his team climbing in the rankings/winning it all, the reality is you have to impress poll voters and most of them don't watch the games, they just see the final score. Is he really stupid enough to take his foot off the throat of a pretty good Big 10 opponent?

That being said, I think Mizzou wins this game, but won't have the "luxury" of taking their foot off the pedal.

Skip Towne
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
What time/ channel is this on TV?

Frazod
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry but that's a pretty lame excuse. If he has any hopes of his team climbing in the rankings/winning it all, the reality is you have to impress poll voters and most of them don't watch the games, they just see the final score. Is he really stupid enough to take his foot off the throat of a pretty good Big 10 opponent?

That being said, I think Mizzou wins this game, but won't have the "luxury" of taking their foot off the pedal.

It really annoyed me when he did this last year, both against Illinois and Kansas. Neither game should have been close. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

That said, I think MU's defense will make the difference this time around. But Illinois will be out to make a statement after getting humiliated in the Rose Bowl. I hope we get on track quickly.

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
can we change the title to mizzou MU is marquette or micheigan

Spott
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
MU 37
IL 24

Midnight Douchebag will have to come up with more lame excuses why MU got lucky beating the Illini for the the 4th time in a row.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
MU was beating Illinois pretty solidly until the backup QB made it a game.

No shit, i bet he didn't even watch the damn game and saw highlights...

MTG#10
08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing you mention this about 17 more times between now and Saturday, since you've already said it at least 10 times. Does Juice Williams give good reach arounds?
You noticed that too? Dude's worse than my grandmother with alzheimer's.

El Jefe
08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
It's tough to say, like I have said before it all depends on what Illinois team shows up to play. I am going to go with 24-21 Illinois. If Illinois doesn't show up to play they could get trounched.

Frazod
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
It's tough to say, like I have said before it all depends on what Illinois team shows up to play. I am going to go with 24-21 Illinois. If Illinois doesn't show up to play they could get trounched.

Yes, we know, Illinois must be good because they beat the Suckeyes, right? LMAO

bsp4444
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM

Didn't stop MU from being ranked #1.

MTG#10
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM

Offtopic - what that chick's name in your avatar? I didnt watch a minute of the olympics so I have no clue. I want to look for some more pics of her. :drool:

siberian khatru
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
This game scares me, but I'm gonna go MU 31-20.

Spicy McHaggis
08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm excited to watch the possible Vontae Davis v. Maclin match up

And when it's all said and done, I think Mizzou pulls this one out.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
This game scares me just because it is the very 1st game and Illinois should be amped to go

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm excited to watch the possible Vontae Davis v. Maclin match up

And when it's all said and done, I think Mizzou pulls this one out.

That wil be an matchp-up for the history books.
Missouri 44
Illinois 27

Frazod
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
This game scares me, but I'm gonna go MU 31-20.

It scares me as well. I do respect Illinois. I never predict outcomes or scores, but I think we have the superior team, much improved from the last time we played, and I like our chances.

Pablo
08-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Illinois 7,634,385
Mizzou -13

Just a guess.

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Illinois 7,634,385
Mizzou -13

Just a guess.

How do you score negative points?

Pablo
08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
How do you score negative points?How do you score 7 million+ points?

Frazod
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
How do you score 7 million+ points?

Play the Jayhawks' 2007 pre-conference schedule. :D

PriestMVP31
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
This will be my first college football game I'm gonna be attending (first of many) so I hope all goes well and we pull out the W against a tough opponent. I think our D is gonna show the nation that Mizzou is not an all offense no defense team, and we'll win 37-24

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I think Mizzou wins this one, but Illinois will REALLY have a chip on their shoulder from the loss last year.

should be 30's to 20's. But I am looking forward to watching this game. Both are really good teams.

Bowser
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
This game scares me just because it is the very 1st game and Illinois should be amped to go

Piss on that. You think Mizzou isn't going to be amped up after getting jobbed out of a BCS game last year, and listening to what a threat the Illini are after getting ROLLED in their bowl game?

Shit, I think I'm actually looking forward more to Mizzou's season than the NFL season.

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Shit, I think I'm actually looking forward more to Mizzou's season than the NFL season
I copy that.....

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Piss on that. You think Mizzou isn't going to be amped up after getting jobbed out of a BCS game last year, and listening to what a threat the Illini are after getting ROLLED in their bowl game?

Shit, I think I'm actually looking forward more to Mizzou's season than the NFL season.
I'm definetly sure that MU is ready....they do have freshmen at WR thought that might hurt. It's a great test first game...

Bowser
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm definetly sure that MU is ready....they do have freshmen at WR thought that might hurt. It's a great test first game...

Yeah, Illinois is going to see a heavy dose of Maclin and Cauffman.

I really, REALLY hope MU employs some I-back stuff on short yardage this year. The "pistol" formation is OK, but it's not like you're fooling anyone with it.

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Do we have a new long-snapper this season?
I know last year, they had their moments of snapping the ball 15' high.

Stewie
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
If Zook watched any film on how OU defended last year it will be close. I still think Mizzou wins though, on talent.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, Illinois is going to see a heavy dose of Maclin and Cauffman.

I really, REALLY hope MU employs some I-back stuff on short yardage this year. The "pistol" formation is OK, but it's not like you're fooling anyone with it.

Im ready for this game, pretty excited....i expect our defense to be much much better and that should be an advantage...considering we beat them pretty good last year

Mecca
08-27-2008, 04:19 PM
If Missouri can defend Arelious Benn and not throw to where Vontae Davis is they should be fine, Illinois still does have a pretty large lack of talent outside of those guys and Martez Wilson.

Without Mendenhall their offense takes a pretty big hit, just avoid Vontae Davis and you should move the ball.

Bowser
08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
If Zook watched any film on how OU defended last year it will be close. I still think Mizzou wins though, on talent.

Which is why I think we should have more formations ready to go other than the spread and the pistol, imho.

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Nice to see midnight douchebag pop in and make one smack comment and then quickly tuck his tail between his legs and crawl back into the shadows like the dog he is.

As for the game, I am looking forward to seeing it. It should be a very exciting and close game, that will have us on the edge of our seats til the very end. That said, playing a ranked opponent the caliber of Illinois right out of the gate is a cause for great concern with me. I wish they had scheduled some creampuff opponent such as Kansas(jk Gheyhawk fans). They play SEMO week 2. I would have rather had that game first as a warmup game. Oh well. It is Illinois first game too, so hopefully they won't be playing at the top of their game yet either.

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Nice to see midnight douchebag pop in and make one smack comment and then quickly tuck his tail between his legs and crawl back into the shadows like the dog he is.

As for the game, I am looking forward to seeing it. It should be a very exciting and close game, that will have us on the edge of our seats til the very end. That said, playing a ranked opponent the caliber of Illinois right out of the gate is a cause for great concern with me. I wish they had scheduled some creampuff opponent such as Kansas(jk Gheyhawk fans). They play SEMO week 2. I would have rather had that game first as a warmup game. Oh well. It is Illinois first game too, so hopefully they won't be playing at the top of their game yet either.

Coach
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
If Missouri can defend Arelious Benn and not throw to where Vontae Davis is they should be fine, Illinois still does have a pretty large lack of talent outside of those guys and Martez Wilson.

Without Mendenhall their offense takes a pretty big hit, just avoid Vontae Davis and you should move the ball.

I also would put a "spy" on Juice Williams just to keep him contained. Personally, I'd rather stack 8 men in the box, and force Juice to beat me with his arm.

Buehler445
08-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm a KU fan and I think MU wins this ballgame. I don't think Juice is good at anything, and I don't think I'll can pound all day without Mendenhal. It ought to be a good game though. Looking forward to it.

Posted via Mobile Device

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I just read on the MU website that they will be playing 2 games on ppv this year. They are SEMO and Nevada:shake: Now I am a big MU fan and want to see as many games as possible, but even I wouldn't pay to see those games. I mean that is like the NFL putting preseason games on ppv. Who would pay for that?

Buehler445
08-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I also would put a "spy" on Juice Williams just to keep him contained. Personally, I'd rather stack 8 men in the box, and force Juice to beat me with his arm.

That's what I would do too.

Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
08-27-2008, 04:34 PM

More than anything I'd be concerned with Missouri thinking they can do what they want, Vontae Davis is a top 10 draft pick out there and caught Joe McKnight from behind, he can run with Maclin and if Missouri is stubborn and tries to throw to him anyway that could lead to bad things.

Bowser
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
More than anything I'd be concerned with Missouri thinking they can do what they want, Vontae Davis is a top 10 draft pick out there and caught Joe McKnight from behind, he can run with Maclin and if Missouri is stubborn and tries to throw to him anyway that could lead to bad things.

Come on, you know Pinkel is going to throw a go route at Davis. He just can't help himself.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 04:41 PM

Nice double post!:doh!:

I am only going to watch if Quinn Synder signs "Eye of the Tiger" everytime MU scores!

Just for the good ol days of MU athletics!

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
That's strange. I don't know that happened. I got knocked offline while it was posting. Maybe that had something to do with it double posting. I though the software had a feature built in to prevent double posting.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
That's strange. I don't know that happened. I got knocked offline while it was posting. Maybe that had something to do with it double posting. I though the software had a feature built in to prevent double posting.
Post Whore! :clap:

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Am

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 05:05 PM
not

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
:LMAO:

Frazod
08-27-2008, 06:22 PM

This is one thing MU and KU fans can agree on - both our college teams will vastly outplay our pro team, just as they did last year.

I can't wait for Saturdays this fall. Sundays I dred.

Spott
08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
This is one thing MU and KU fans can agree on - both our college will vastly outplay our pro team, just as they did last year.

I can't wait for Saturdays this fall. Sundays I dred.

I think both of the schools successes have definitely made football season more tolerable. Watching the Chiefs play last year made me want to stick forks in my eyes.

Frazod
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I think both of the schools successes have definitely made football season more tolerable. Watching the Chiefs play last year made me want to stick forks in my eyes.

It made me wonder why I paid DTV several hundred dollars to get really pissed off and throw things at the TV. :banghead:

This year, I'm only doing it to watch the development of our kickass draft class. But it's still going to be painful.

jjchieffan
08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I will probably be catching most of this seasons games on Sirius radio. I am on the road again for work. I will not be home again until the end of September. I will probably be home a week or 2 and then out again. At lease Saturdays game will be on ESPN.

Bearcat
08-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Three days.... :drool: PBJ

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10041948A~Michigan-Stadium-University-of-Michigan-Football-Posters.jpg

Skip Towne
08-27-2008, 06:51 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10041948A~Michigan-Stadium-University-of-Michigan-Football-Posters.jpg

I'm betting they're not inviting Appalachian State again.

Frazod
08-27-2008, 06:52 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10041948A%7EMichigan-Stadium-University-of-Michigan-Football-Posters.jpg

I'll bet the people in the top corner endzone seats need a friggin telescope to see the field.

Bearcat
08-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll bet the people in the top corner endzone seats need a friggin telescope to see the field.

About 100 rows.... over 110,000 people. I'm in row 57, between the 40s. I think there are around 40 rows in the lower deck at Arrowhead, and that's not too bad... hopefully Michigan Stadium is a little steeper.

Heh... they just showed the App State trauma. I don't care who wins, but I'm not paying to go to a funeral, people.

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Van Alexander (OLB) may be out recovering from off-season ACL surgery. Gachkar (OLB) is recovering from major chest surgery to remove a blood clot. I hope our backers can stop the run.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 07:08 PM
About 100 rows.... over 110,000 people. I'm in row 57, between the 40s. I think there are around 40 rows in the lower deck at Arrowhead, and that's not too bad... hopefully Michigan Stadium is a little steeper.

Heh... they just showed the App State trauma. I don't care who wins, but I'm not paying to go to a funeral, people.

Envy you! I bet he ladies are just smoking up there! You lucky bastard!

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 07:33 PM

The endzone seats are for the students. I've been there years ago, between the cases of beer trucked in and all the smoke from the weed being passed around the game was just a backdrop for a big party.

Midnight_Vulture
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I read the St Louis paper online from time to time and they reviewed the Mizzou scrimmage and said Misery looked pretty bad including Chase.ROFL

Also I DID in fact see all the Mizzou/Illini game. It was a great game but it would of been better for the Illini if Juice would of played the whole game. Lets face it, he is a far superior QB to their backup ( I would LOVE to see how Mizzou fans would deal with their backup in for Chase):eek:

Should be a good game but I think the Illini pull away. Just cant wait for Saturday and college football!

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
I read the St Louis paper online from time to time and they reviewed the Mizzou scrimmage and said Misery looked pretty bad including Chase.ROFL

Also I DID in fact see all the Mizzou/Illini game. It was a great game but it would of been better for the Illini if Juice would of played the whole game. Lets face it, he is a far superior QB to their backup ( I would LOVE to see how Mizzou fans would deal with their backup in for Chase):eek:

Should be a good game but I think the Illini pull away. Just cant wait for Saturday and college football!

I think it wouldn't have mattered, mizzou would've won that game anyway, or it would've been a close finish with mizzou on top. They were dominating them with Juice in, his backup actually did better. You have repeated this same info on how horrible mizzou looked on offense, will you be back when mizzou wins? And come up with some excuse to why they shouldn't have?

Tits McGee
08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
OK Capt. Midnight, so the defense is ahead of the offense at the first of the season. That is the norm for most programs.
If you protect your QB in the first place, back-ups are not a factor.

Skip Towne
08-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Are you aware of the total dismantling Illinois took from SC in the bowl game? Wow, that was a total ass kicking. How did you develop all of that confidence in that also ran?

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
OK Capt. Midnight, so the defense is ahead of the offense at the first of the season. That is the norm for most programs.
If you protect your QB in the first place, back-ups are not a factor.Actually, practice reports out of Illinois have noted how bad their offense has looked against their D. Oh noez, neither team will win!

Swanman
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Huge Illini fan here, with some objective points about the game coming up. It's going to be a great game and a great atmosphere. I'll be there and can't wait.

Matchup MU can't be happy about: Rookie LT vs. Will Davis of the Illini. He is one of the best pass rushers in the Big 10, maybe the nation. This could be scary for Daniel, but he gets rid of the ball so damn fast in that offense it may not make a difference.

The Vontae Davis - Maclin matchup will be great. Both are great, great players.

Illinois's major injury loss is Jeff Cumberland, their big receiver, a converted tight-end. But they do have quite a bit of depth at WR, although a lot of the guys are young. Arrelious Benn is the real deal, and he will be returning kicks and likely punts as well.

Illinois' D-line is very solid, could be one of the top in the country if guys perform like expected. The linebackers are a question mark, especially depth-wise. Martez Wilson is a freak, but inexperienced. Will be interesting to see how well he covers the TEs in Mizzou's offense.

Juice will play better than he did last year. He really became more comfortable late in the year, about halfway through the Big Ten season. He really didn't have any coaching in high school and it showed his first couple years. Now he's had the coaching to take advantage of his great physical skills.

All in all, I think the Illini can win, but it will be close and probably high-scoring whoever wins.

RibKing67
08-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I am an Illini fan due to the fact I was raised in the town. I am also happy with what they did last year. I know they got their asses handed to them in the bowl but then again UCLA piled it on the last time they made it to the Rose Bowl in 82.

I think MU is the better team and should win on paper. I would like to see Illinois win for real though.

Without Mendenhall it will be tough but Ron Zook is turning the program around. Maybe not into a national powerhouse but at least a respectable team in the big 10.

Ari Chi3fs
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I want to remind you all, again, that the OP, CoMoChief... is a MUron Football fan, and Jayhawk Basketball fan.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2008, 09:14 PM
I want to remind you all, again, that the OP, CoMoChief... is a MUron Football fan, and Jayhawk Basketball fan.
:rolleyes:

And a full time poser... :)

duncan_idaho
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Can't wait for this game.

Why is it that SOME Illinois fans only want to talk about the points Missouri scored off of turnovers?

Six from a blocked punt/recovered for a touchdown.
Seven after a "fumble" by Daniel gave ILL the ball at the five.
Seven after a fumble on a reverse where the runner simply dropped the ball (next play, DB slips turning to run, touchdown).

Missouri scored seven on the fumble return and three on a FG after a forced fumble on a kickoff (amazing hit).

Illinois HANDED Missouri a big lead. A few Mizzou gifts - combined with the superior passing ability of Eddie McGee - let Illinois back in.

I will believe Juice "one-hop" Williams is an improved passer when I see it. We heard the same thing about Brad Smith in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and it never materialized.

Missouri's defense also is exponentially better than the one Illinois faced last year. The leaky corners (Ricks and Terrell) McGee picked on are gone, replaced by guys who beat them out midseason. William Moore took his play to a new level, and DE Tommy Chavis really emerged in conference play. This is a unit that really defended the run well at the end of the last season. One hop will have to throw for U of I to win.

Missouri's line got its ass handed to it in the game last year and the offense still moved the ball, so even if Fisher is in over his head, I expect Missouri to still move the ball. Derrick Washington will be a better north-south runner than Temple and won't have as many neg yardage plays (another thing that was a problem against ILL).

Illinois is missing its best LB, two starting safeties and its best DT from last year. Yes, there is great athleticism on this unit, but there are a lot of question marks, too. It isn't as terror-inspiring to me.

Lower scoring than expected:
Missouri 30, Illinois 13

kcchiefsus
08-27-2008, 09:34 PM

That's bullcrap. You are assuming Missouri has no say in the matter, it all depends on Illinois? Ridiculous.

kcchiefsus
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM

So your saying they should just avoid throwing to their best offensive weapon? Maclin is just as good at his position as Davis is at his. Illinois should be just as afraid of Maclin as Missouri is of Davis.

kcchiefsus
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM

Eat shit and die faggot.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
So your saying they should just avoid throwing to their best offensive weapon? Maclin is just as good at his position as Davis is at his. Illinois should be just as afraid of Maclin as Missouri is of Davis.

I'd be a little concerned about whipping it out at the best player on the field...Maclin is a weapon but in the spread there is no reason to say "lets throw on that dude who's a top 10 pick" and Maclin isn't big to out muscle him or out size him. He's speed the same thing Davis is, I just don't think it would be very smart to attack him. Now if Missouri was a west coast pro style system with big receivers it would make more sense.

It would be like coming out in the 90s and goin "yea we're gonna throw on Deion Sanders"

Jewish Rabbi
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM

Don't start with that "if" crap. If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

Jewish Rabbi
08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
As for the situation at LT, I'm not concerned at all. Hoch played against us in high school, and he is an absolute BEAST. I know there is a difference between the two levels, but when an offensive lineman dictates the entire game, he's special.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Well Hoch was a 4 star recruit but as a guard...we'll see.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 10:10 PM
ILets face it, he is a far superior QB to their backup ( I would LOVE to see how Mizzou fans would deal with their backup in for Chase):eek:

Mizzou has a 4 star recruit who is a senior as backup and a 5 star recruit waiting in the wings. I dont think there would be much of a drop off if Daniel got hurt.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
That's not always a good indicator....for example, Matt Leinart 3 star recruit, JD Booty 5 star #1 QB in the country recruit...hell we have 2 5 star QB's right now but if Sanchez gets hurt we're gonna be ****ed.

duncan_idaho
08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd be a little concerned about whipping it out at the best player on the field...Maclin is a weapon but in the spread there is no reason to say "lets throw on that dude who's a top 10 pick" and Maclin isn't big to out muscle him or out size him. He's speed the same thing Davis is, I just don't think it would be very smart to attack him. Now if Missouri was a west coast pro style system with big receivers it would make more sense.

It would be like coming out in the 90s and goin "yea we're gonna throw on Deion Sanders"

Illinois is going to have a hard time lining Davis up against Maclin all over the field. Maclin rarely lines up as an outside receiver. He will line up in the slot most of the time, with lots of motion, bubble screens, reverses, WR jets. He's going to have to chase Maclin all over the field and also going to have to take on blockers.

Not an easy assignment by any means. There will be a handful of plays where Davis can't matchup on Maclin...

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2008, 10:17 PM
If Maclin is covered, then Coffman will kill you. Or Tommy Saunders. Or whoever else Mizzou has at receiver now.

|Zach|
08-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Really amped up for football to start again. Getting a bunch of friends together...even have a few visiting from NYC. What a blast Saturday will be.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 10:53 PM
If Maclin is covered, then Coffman will kill you. Or Tommy Saunders. Or whoever else Mizzou has at receiver now.

Ok that's great, my simple point is when you have more than 1 weapon in a spread offense don't try to go after the guy who is far away the best player on the field.

Jewish Rabbi
08-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Well Hoch was a 4 star recruit but as a guard...we'll see.

The guy is huge...He may be a bit of a liability as a freshman, but after he gets into the swing of things he should do fine.

Another thing he has going for him is his terrible stench. God he smells horrible. You could literally smell him from the stands during basketball games, feel sorry for my friend who had to guard him.

Mecca
08-27-2008, 11:11 PM
The guy is huge...He may be a bit of a liability as a freshman, but after he gets into the swing of things he should do fine.

Another thing he has going for him is his terrible stench. God he smells horrible. You could literally smell him from the stands during basketball games, feel sorry for my friend who had to guard him.

Um that isn't flattering...

kcchiefsus
08-27-2008, 11:19 PM

It has been talked about how Maclin can line up at any receiver position so unless Davis specifically goes anywhere on the field to cover Maclin there should be plays where Maclin is lined up away from Davis. And even if Davis is running all over before the snap to find Maclin that just creates the possibility for miscommunication in the secondary.

KCrockaholic
08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
its funny how everyone, even Mizzou fans are forgetting about their running game....you just wait and see on Derrick Washington...

Jewish Rabbi
08-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Um that isn't flattering...

But it keeps people away from him :)

Swanman
08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
It has been talked about how Maclin can line up at any receiver position so unless Davis specifically goes anywhere on the field to cover Maclin there should be plays where Maclin is lined up away from Davis. And even if Davis is running all over before the snap to find Maclin that just creates the possibility for miscommunication in the secondary.

I imagine there will be a fair number of plays where Maclin will be covered by Dere Hicks on the edge or Miami Thomas in the slot assuming the Illini are in the nickel, which they probably will be quite a bit. Both of those corners are very good, although obviously not as good as Tae. In the Ohio State game last year, Hicks had an INT and Thomas had a huge INT in the 4th as well as broke up a pass in the endzone that ended up being picked by a LB. There is a talent dropoff, but I wouldn't say it's as big as people think. Vontae's talent level just casts a large shadow.

A word of advice to Maclin: avoid any plays where Vontae can get a running start at you (WR screens, stuff like that). He loves to hit, to the point of hurting himself, and obviously the receiver. If Vontae sniffs out one of those plays, he tends to blow up the receiver.

Swanman
08-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Can't wait for this game.

Why is it that SOME Illinois fans only want to talk about the points Missouri scored off of turnovers?

Six from a blocked punt/recovered for a touchdown.
Seven after a "fumble" by Daniel gave ILL the ball at the five.
Seven after a fumble on a reverse where the runner simply dropped the ball (next play, DB slips turning to run, touchdown).

Missouri scored seven on the fumble return and three on a FG after a forced fumble on a kickoff (amazing hit).

Illinois HANDED Missouri a big lead. A few Mizzou gifts - combined with the superior passing ability of Eddie McGee - let Illinois back in.

I will believe Juice "one-hop" Williams is an improved passer when I see it. We heard the same thing about Brad Smith in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and it never materialized.

Missouri's defense also is exponentially better than the one Illinois faced last year. The leaky corners (Ricks and Terrell) McGee picked on are gone, replaced by guys who beat them out midseason. William Moore took his play to a new level, and DE Tommy Chavis really emerged in conference play. This is a unit that really defended the run well at the end of the last season. One hop will have to throw for U of I to win.

Missouri's line got its ass handed to it in the game last year and the offense still moved the ball, so even if Fisher is in over his head, I expect Missouri to still move the ball. Derrick Washington will be a better north-south runner than Temple and won't have as many neg yardage plays (another thing that was a problem against ILL).

Illinois is missing its best LB, two starting safeties and its best DT from last year. Yes, there is great athleticism on this unit, but there are a lot of question marks, too. It isn't as terror-inspiring to me.

Lower scoring than expected:
Missouri 30, Illinois 13

First off, Juice is improved as a passer. Coming from the Chicago Public League, he had no coaching in high school so he came in a year or two behind other to QBs that had competent coaching. Starting about 2/3 the way through last year, he finally starting understanding how to run the offense and everything slowed down for him. Obviously he didn't do great against USC, but that team had 35 All-Americans on their defense. He will do fine this year. He runs the option as well as anyone, understands the offense better, and has a great stable of WRs to throw to.

About the LBs, J Leman will be missed, no doubt. But Brit Miller slides from OLB to MLB, where he's more suited to play as he's a great tackler but not terribly fast. Martez Wilson, while inexperienced, has amazing physical talent (6'4", 250 and runs a 4.4, not bad). The other OLB, Rodney Pittman, doesn't wow people but he has played quite a few snaps in his first few years so has experience and knows the defense inside and out. Depth-wise the LBs aren't great, that's one concern I have. The strength of Illinois's D is definitely the line, it's both deep and talented. They replace Chris Norwell with Josh Brent, who is a 340 lb agile beast who, once he gets a little more comfortable with the college game, will wreak havoc. A lot of Zook's recruiting has centered on rebuilding the D line, so a lot of good young talent there for the next few years.

Mr. Plow
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Should be a good game. It hurts to say it, but hopefully Mizzou pulls it out.

eazyb81
08-28-2008, 08:39 AM

The great thing about Maclin is his versatility; we don't have to split him out to get the ball in his hands. He can line up as a RB, we can do end arounds, we'll do bubble screens, he'll return kicks.....I'm not worried about Maclin getting his touches.

duncan_idaho
08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
First off, Juice is improved as a passer. Coming from the Chicago Public League, he had no coaching in high school so he came in a year or two behind other to QBs that had competent coaching. Starting about 2/3 the way through last year, he finally starting understanding how to run the offense and everything slowed down for him. Obviously he didn't do great against USC, but that team had 35 All-Americans on their defense. He will do fine this year. He runs the option as well as anyone, understands the offense better, and has a great stable of WRs to throw to.

About the LBs, J Leman will be missed, no doubt. But Brit Miller slides from OLB to MLB, where he's more suited to play as he's a great tackler but not terribly fast. Martez Wilson, while inexperienced, has amazing physical talent (6'4", 250 and runs a 4.4, not bad). The other OLB, Rodney Pittman, doesn't wow people but he has played quite a few snaps in his first few years so has experience and knows the defense inside and out. Depth-wise the LBs aren't great, that's one concern I have. The strength of Illinois's D is definitely the line, it's both deep and talented. They replace Chris Norwell with Josh Brent, who is a 340 lb agile beast who, once he gets a little more comfortable with the college game, will wreak havoc. A lot of Zook's recruiting has centered on rebuilding the D line, so a lot of good young talent there for the next few years.

I'm a Missouri fan. I heard for three years how much Brad Smith had improved as a passer. I watched him in practice and even thought I saw some improvements. But it never translated to game day. That's why I'll believe it when I see it from Williams. Some guys just don't get it. I think he's one of those guys.

I watched Illinois a lot last season. One-Hop was still staring down receivers at the end of the year. One-Hop still lacked touch and accuracy.

And that's fine with the Illinois D re: athleticism upgrades. But the Illini are now EXTREMELY young in the middle (don't forget Sirod Willams' absence in addition to Norwell) of the line. There still are three new LBs (with Miller playing a different spot in a defense that has changed since he played there as a frosh) and two new safeties.

All I'm saying is that Illinois has an awful lot of question marks and new faces for everyone to be so sure their defense will dominate out of the gate.

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM
which person is the 5 star back up gabbert or the other guy

eazyb81
08-28-2008, 09:52 AM
which person is the 5 star back up gabbert or the other guy

Gabbert is the 5 star, Patton is the 4 star, and they were both Elite 11 QBs.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Gabbert should be awesome in a couple years...i suppose he'll be the starter next year.

Ari Chi3fs
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
What time is this game, and what channel will it be on?

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't really care about 4 or 5 stars outside of NCAA 2004 but that is good to know

Skip Towne
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
What time is this game, and what channel will it be on?

I asked this earlier in the thread. Nobody is talking.

Woodrow Call
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I asked this earlier in the thread. Nobody is talking.

7:30 ESPN

Skip Towne
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I found on another site that it starts at 5:30. But it didn't say which time zone. I'm guessing it's at 7:30. Found it, 7:30 on ESPN

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm stoked, this is a good nationally televised game

eazyb81
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm stoked, this is a good nationally televised game

It's good but a lot of people will be watching Clemson - Alabama on ABC at the same time.

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10041948A%7EMichigan-Stadium-University-of-Michigan-Football-Posters.jpg

I went to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game last year. It was definitely something I will never forget... Too bad both teams sucked..

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
ESPN College Football Live just did an EA Sports Illinois vs Mizzou simulation...

Mizzou wins 35-27, ill take it

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Two days...

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/cities/detroit/images/michigan.jpg

I went to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game last year. It was definitely something I will never forget... Too bad both teams sucked..

The place was probably rockin' though, even if the football wasn't all that great.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Jesus, MU has a cupcake schedule.

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 04:29 PM

If it wasn't for Illinois turning it last year, MU's schedule would be about as weak as..... '07 Kansas. :eek:

Skip Towne
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Yeah, they are a hoax.

POND_OF_RED
08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
If it wasn't for Illinois turning it last year, MU's schedule would be about as weak as..... '07 Kansas. :eek:

Impossible. My old middle school had a harder schedule than '07 Kansas. @Neb and @Tex alone makes it a harder schedule.

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Impossible. My old middle school had a harder schedule than '07 Kansas. @Neb and @Tex alone makes it a harder schedule.

I meant out of conference... the part you can somewhat control.

eazyb81
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I meant out of conference... the part you can somewhat control.

Just because you can't control your in-conference schedule doesn't mean it's not included when evaluating the overall schedule strength.

Everyone knows KU didn't pick their Big 12 games last year, but that still doesn't change the fact that their total schedule was a joke.

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Just because you can't control your in-conference schedule doesn't mean it's not included when evaluating the overall schedule strength.

Everyone knows KU didn't pick their Big 12 games last year, but that still doesn't change the fact that their total schedule was a joke.

Of course. All I meant to say was...

If it wasn't for Illinois turning it last year, MU's non conference schedule would be about as weak as..... '07 Kansas.

And the schools obviously know the rotation, which changes after every two-year home-and-home, so they schedule their non-conference around it... especially Kansas (and I believe ISU), who play both OU and Texas or neither during any given year. They probably planned on the weak schedule, because it was a good chance to have a winning season and go to a bowl.... and for a team who year after year struggles against any team in the Big 12, regardless of the rotation, it's understandable.

But, I wouldn't assume everyone knows you can't control the conference rotation.... frazod seems to think it was fixed last year. :evil:

Skip Towne
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Pretty good joke. Wanna see the Orange Bowl trophy?

CoMoChief
08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Bump

Coach
08-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Easy now. Just becuase they have a cupcake schedule, doesn't necessarly mean they could win them all. Utah is a very good team, and can posess problems for Michigan, who is under a transition mode with Rich R.

Tits McGee
08-29-2008, 04:37 PM

It just looks that way when you kick so much ass.

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2008, 05:56 PM
This thread will implode in about 27 hours.

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Awesome article on William Moore for those gearing up for tomorrow's game:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2008/FirstAndTen/20080828FirstAndTen005.asp

Eberflus’ answer comes in the form of a 230-pound genetic freak that transcends the normal bounds of human kinetics, an athlete who runs like a cornerback, hits like a linebacker and plucks passes like a wide receiver. On the MU roster, Moore is officially a free safety. In reality, he’s the ultimate hybrid defender, a concoction of size, speed, strength and smarts with the versatility to handle any position in Eberflus’ system.

“He could legitimately play … well, probably all of them,” Eberflus said.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Awesome article on William Moore for those gearing up for tomorrow's game:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2008/FirstAndTen/20080828FirstAndTen005.asp

Eberflus’ answer comes in the form of a 230-pound genetic freak that transcends the normal bounds of human kinetics, an athlete who runs like a cornerback, hits like a linebacker and plucks passes like a wide receiver. On the MU roster, Moore is officially a free safety. In reality, he’s the ultimate hybrid defender, a concoction of size, speed, strength and smarts with the versatility to handle any position in Eberflus’ system.

“He could legitimately play … well, probably all of them,” Eberflus said.

Ok. I'm going to have to pay much more attention to this kid. Last year, granted I'm not a passionate Tigers fan, there didn't seem like there was anyone on the D that was too impressive.

Was I sleeping on someone or was this kid a work in progress?

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok. I'm going to have to pay much more attention to this kid. Last year, granted I'm not a passionate Tigers fan, there didn't seem like there was anyone on the D that was too impressive.

Was I sleeping on someone or was this kid a work in progress?He stepped in for Pig Brown, and kicked serious ass. Pig was a bit of a mentor for him. Put a lot of resposibility on his shoulders... and man, did he ever live up to it.

Willie Mo's a stud.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm seriously excited for this game tomorrow. A bit nervous, even. Like when the Chiefs used to go to the playoffs.

I have really, really high hopes for Mizzou this season.

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Was I sleeping on someone or was this kid a work in progress?

He was just a 2 star coming in, so no one really expected him to be this good. He has just improved a ton each year, and really took it to another level last season.

He's going to be awesome this year, and then will tear up the NFL combine and get drafted early.

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm seriously excited for this game tomorrow. A bit nervous, even. Like when the Chiefs used to go to the playoffs.

I have really, really high hopes for Mizzou this season.

Same here, I'm pumped for tomorrow and the season. I'm trying to set my expectations too high though, just because so many things can happen during a season.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Same here, I'm pumped for tomorrow and the season. I'm trying to set my expectations too high though, just because so many things can happen during a season.That, and we're Mizzou fans.

If anyone knows how odd things can turn a game, or a season against you.. it's us. That said... everything seems to be in order... lets see what we've got. :toast:

Mecca
08-29-2008, 09:45 PM
What time is this game on?

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 09:46 PM
He stepped in for Pig Brown, and kicked serious ass. Pig was a bit of a mentor for him. Put a lot of resposibility on his shoulders... and man, did he ever live up to it.

Willie Mo's a stud.

He was just a 2 star coming in, so no one really expected him to be this good. He has just improved a ton each year, and really took it to another level last season.

He's going to be awesome this year, and then will tear up the NFL combine and get drafted early.

:rockon:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game, too. Should be fun.

Given the current state of the Chiefs, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking a much greater interest in college football this season. Typically, I'm an NFL guy, with college FB being interesting but not a passion.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 09:47 PM

7:30 on ESPN

Mecca
08-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh ok, so it doesn't conflict with the Sc game.

chiefs1111
08-29-2008, 09:49 PM

8:30 est/730 cen

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Nope, they put the good teams on primetime.

:)

Spott
08-29-2008, 09:51 PM

South Carolina played last night.

Skip Towne
08-29-2008, 09:53 PM

NO, Oklahoma is on PPV this week.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 09:54 PM

LOL.....hey just remember atleast SC doesn't play any cupcake non cons.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
:rockon:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game, too. Should be fun.

Given the current state of the Chiefs, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking a much greater interest in college football this season. Typically, I'm an NFL guy, with college FB being interesting but not a passion.I think most of us were mainly NFL guys before last season. As much as it sucked that the Chiefs did so poorly, lots of people had the chance to take a renewed interest in their favorite local college team.

It's really pretty cool that both KU and MU became so successful, while the Chiefs were at their worst.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I think most of us were mainly NFL guys before last season. As much as it sucked that the Chiefs did so poorly, lots of people had the chance to take a renewed interest in their favorite local college team.

It's really pretty cool that both KU and MU became so successful, while the Chiefs were at their worst.

Hey not me!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2008, 10:07 PM
As much as I want this to happen, Mizzou won't lose this game tomorrow night. It would be an early Christmas present if they do lose.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey not me!Eh.. you don't count.

Your team's always near the top.

I was a Mizzou fan for Corby Jones, Brad Smith... hell, Brock Olivo. It's nice to see my favorite team mentioned with the likes of yours for once.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:11 PM
As much as I want this to happen, Mizzou won't lose this game tomorrow night. It would be an early Christmas present if they do lose.I hope you're right, car pooper. I'm a bit nervous.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Eh.. you don't count.

I was a Mizzou fan for Corby Jones, Brad Smith... hell, Brock Olivo. It's nice to see my favorite team mentioned with the likes of yours for once.

Lee Corso picked Missouri to play USC in the NC game...

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Eh.. you don't count.

How about before that with Jeff Handy and Steve Martin and the boys.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Lee Corso picked Missouri to play USC in the NC game...

Kiss of death for both of us.

Skip Towne
08-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Eh.. you don't count.

You can catch up with Mecca in two seconds. Just pick out a frontrunner and jump on the bandwagon. That's what he did.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Kiss of death for both of us.

Well Herbstreit picked USC vs Florida......and then Lou Holtz old ignorant ass picked OU vs Ohio State.......then said that Notre Dame would win 11 games but half of what he said I couldn't understand..

Holtz is so funny since he coached ND he's a homer for them and takes pot shots at SC every chance he gets.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 10:19 PM

I remember watching Mizzou starting with the Corby days and some dude named Kirk Farmer

siberian khatru
08-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Hell, I remember Steve Pisarkiewicz.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Hell, I remember Steve Pisarkiewicz.Damn... you lost me. (Ya old bastard. :))

I know I'm switching sports here.. but...

Anyone else have fond memories of Jason Sutherland?

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Damn... you lost me. (Ya old bastard. :))

I know I'm switching sports here.. but...

Anyone else have fond memories of Jason Sutherland?

He was a badass

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:31 PM
He was a badassOpposing fans hated that guy. Scrappy S.O.B.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Opposing fans hated that guy. Scrappy S.O.B.

Yeah he was a hard nosed guy, almost like a football player playing basketball. He was all over the place and hit some big 3's...def. one of my fav MU players of all time.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Melvin Booker was my favorite. Kelly Thames would have been a great one had he not blown out his knee.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Melvin Booker was my favorite. Kelly Thames would have been a great one had he not blown out his knee.

Agreed, i was hoping he wouldve gone on to the nba with success but that knee blow out made him half the player he was. Freshman of the year

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Melvin Booker was my favorite. Kelly Thames would have been a great one had he not blown out his knee.Booker was nails. You're right about KT... and I was a big Jevon Crudup fan back in the day.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:39 PM
We should probably stop talking basketball before the Beakers get wind of it. LMAO

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 10:41 PM
We should probably stop talking basketball before the Beakers get wind of it. LMAO

That was the one year in which Mizzou could talk shit on Beaker basketball.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:45 PM
That was the one year in which Mizzou could talk shit on Beaker basketball.Hell yes... undefeated in conference play. It was beautiful.

This football thing's alright with me too, though. I'll take it. :)

siberian khatru
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Mike Sandbothe

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Mike SandbotheNo clue.

I submit! I'm tapping.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Mike SandbotheCandidate for the worst last name ever?

luv
08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
When is this game?

siberian khatru
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
No clue.

Really? Mid-to-late 80s hoops? Gritty lunchpail guy, great defense.

siberian khatru
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Candidate for the worst last name ever?

:shrug:

SAND-boaty

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:08 PM
When is this game?Tomorrow night 7:30 central... iirc.

Go :mizzou:

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Really? Mid-to-late 80s hoops? Gritty lunchpail guy, great defense.I became a Mizzou fan my senior year of HS. My GF was a freshman there... and I watched the 3 OT game vs. Illinois. (heh, go figure)

Do you remember that game? It was 1991, I think.

That's when I became a Mizzou fan. I was just dying for them to win that game... and never really stopped. I mean... they represent Missouri. It's home.

luv
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow night 7:30 central... iirc.

Go :mizzou:

I'm torn. Last year, I rooted for MU football. This year, I rooted for KU basketball.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I became a Mizzou fan my senior year of HS. My GF was a freshman there... and I watched the 3 OT game vs. Illinois. (heh, go figure)

Do you remember that game? It was 1991, I think.

That's when I became a Mizzou fan. I was just dying for them to win that game... and never really stopped. I mean... they represent Missouri. It's home.

That was 1993 with the undeafted team.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm torn. Last year, I rooted for MU football. This year, I rooted for KU basketball.Well, you can't do both...

It's time to chose sides. I'm sure either side would understand. :D

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:16 PM
That was 1993 with the undeafted team.Really? I guess I was just out of HS and headed to CMSU, then.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm torn. Last year, I rooted for MU football. This year, I rooted for KU basketball.So, you and CoMoChief should get along fine.

And you can't do that. It just isn't American. You have to choose a side.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:18 PM
So, you and CoMoChief should get along fine.

And you can't do that. It just isn't American. You have to choose a side.Amen, Beaker brother. LMAO

luv
08-29-2008, 11:26 PM
So, you and CoMoChief should get along fine.

And you can't do that. It just isn't American. You have to choose a side.

I know. I feel like a traitor, although I don't know who to. Being from Springfield, I root for Chiefs football and Cardinals baseball. I'm already mixed up, so can't that just apply here, too?

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I know. I feel like a traitor, although I don't know who to. Being from Springfield, I root for Chiefs football and Cardinals baseball. I'm already mixed up, so can't that just apply here, too?Yeah, the Cards/Chiefs thing is pretty f*cked in my book as well,...but no, it cannot apply here. You have to choose a side. You can sort of dick around with professional teams of all varieties, but when it comes to collegiate sports, whether it's football, basketball, water polo, badmiton, debate, etc. you gotta find one and stick with it.

It's simple.

Were you a fan of KU basketball or MU football first? That's a pretty fair way to pick your new collegiate program.

luv
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, the Cards/Chiefs thing is pretty f*cked in my book as well,...but no, it cannot apply here. You have to choose a side. You can sort of dick around with professional teams of all varieties, but when it comes to collegiate sports, whether it's football, basketball, water polo, badmiton, debate, etc. you gotta find one and stick with it.

It's simple.

Were you a fan of KU basketball or MU football first? That's a pretty fair way to pick your new collegiate program.

Missouri football, I guess. Grew up with an older brother who was a fan.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, the Cards/Chiefs thing is pretty f*cked in my book as well,...but no, it cannot apply here. You have to choose a side. You can sort of dick around with professional teams of all varieties, but when it comes to collegiate sports, whether it's football, basketball, water polo, badmiton, debate, etc. you gotta find one and stick with it.

It's simple.

Were you a fan of KU basketball or MU football first? That's a pretty fair way to pick your new collegiate program.Agreed.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Missouri football, I guess. Grew up with an older brother who was a fan.There ya go. Not too difficult.

Now it's your turn CoMo...

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Missouri football, I guess. Grew up with an older brother who was a fan.Well alright, alright, alright. We're in for a fun season.

luv
08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Well alright, alright, alright. We're in for a fun season.

LMAO

I haven't seen that movie in ages. He was so good in it.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I've gotta give a nod of respect to Gonzo here... one of the cooler beakers I've known.

(see my sig for reference.)

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I've gotta give a nod of respect to Gonzo here... one of the cooler beakers I've known.

(see my sig for reference.)Right back at ya fella.

Might as well get the nice stuff out of the way before the season begins and the bullets start flying for real.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Well alright, alright, alright. We're in for a fun season.

You know what I love about high school girls.....I keep gettin older but they stay the same age.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
You know what I love about high school girls.....I keep gettin older but they stay the same age.F*cking perv.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Right back at ya fella.

Might as well get the nice stuff out of the way before the season begins and the bullets start flying for real.LMAO No doubt.

Lets agree to not take anything said from here 'till the end of the season personally. :)

Man.. these rivalries make it all worth it, though. Good times.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
LMAO No doubt.

Lets agree to not take anything said from here 'till the end of the season personally. :)

Man.. these rivalries make it all worth it, though. Good times.Yeah, you'd think the world was all cotton candy and kittens from April-August. We all walk around on rainbows in Zubaz holding hands, singing "We are the world"; eating sherbet together and laughing at Tom & Jerry comics. Then this place turns into a f*cking warzone for 3 solid months, with a few short breaks, then a warzone once again.

Thank God some posters *cough* frazod *cough* don't have access to nuclear systems aimed at the two respective campuses during the season, or hundreds of thousands of people just might die.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 11:50 PM
People stil wear Zubaz?

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:51 PM
People stil wear Zubaz?No. Hell no.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 11:52 PM
No. Hell no.

I remember when players like DT use to wear those things all the time.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:53 PM
People stil wear Zubaz?Mizzou fans.

They like the Tiger stripes pattern...

RAWWRR...Go Tigers!

Plus, Zubaz are likely the only clothing item they had in their trash bag suitcase in the back hatch of their 5.0 Camaro.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I remember when players like DT use to wear those things all the time.You better not be spouting off historically correct information that can more than likely be backed by photo evidence about DT like that motherf*cker...

KcMizzou
Yeah, you'd think the world was all cotton candy and kittens from April-August. We all walk around on rainbows in Zubaz holding hands, singing "We are the world"; eating sherbet together and laughing at Tom & Jerry comics. Then this place turns into a f*cking warzone for 3 solid months, with a few short breaks, then a warzone once again.

Thank God some posters *cough* frazod *cough* don't have access to nuclear systems aimed at the two respective campuses during the season, or hundreds of thousands of people just might die.LMAO

Frazod's one of my favorite posters. You haven't lived 'till you've seen that guy sing karaoke. He's really very good... but every song ends with "**** THE BRONCOS!!!!"

And honestly, that's a crowd pleaser.

luv
I guess this will be the last year MU and KU will play each other Arrowhead for a couple of years. '09 and '10 will belong to K-State and Iowa State.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 11:55 PM
That sucks, i'm glad i'll be at this years!

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I remember when players like DT use to wear those things all the time.Well sure... it was cool back then.

Mullets were cool once too. I had one... feathered, even. You're just jealous Travis Tritt.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I guess this will be the last year MU and KU will play each other Arrowhead for a couple of years. '09 and '10 will belong to K-State and Iowa State.Oh, no.. that hasn't been decided yet. KSU and ISU has nothing to do with the MU-KU thing.

Pablo
08-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I guess this will be the last year MU and KU will play each other Arrowhead for a couple of years. '09 and '10 will belong to K-State and Iowa State.Wow, the Bore-der War Showdown for sure!!!

Can you imagine how f*cking disgusting Arrowhead is going to look from above with all that purple and red mixed up in there??

It's gonna look like God threw up a pack of skittles in that mafugger.

Ugly and fruity...describes K-State's athletic programs and videos perfectly.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Oh, no.. that hasn't been decided yet. KSU and ISU has nothing to do with the MU-KU thing.

Ok, that's good to hear....i heard something that they were going to evaluate after this years game

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow, the Bore-der War Showdown for sure!!!

Can you imagine how f*cking disgusting Arrowhead is going to look from above with all that purple and red mixed up in there??

It's gonna look like God threw up a pack of skittles in that mafugger.

Ugly and fruity...describes K-State's athletic programs and videos perfectly.KSU-ISU did NOT replace the MU-KU game.

It's a completely different thing... early in the season.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
KSU-ISU did NOT replace the MU-KU game.

It's a completely different thing... early in the season.Yeah, I wasn't sure about it; but that's good to know.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Well sure... it was cool back then.

Mullets were cool once too. I had one... feathered, even. You're just jealous Travis Tritt.

I'm glad I never had a mullet......why are you calling me Travis Tritt...

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Ok, that's good to hear....i heard something that they were going to evaluate after this years gameYeah.. and I figure after last year's epic amazing show-down... and the fast sellout this season... it'll continue.

Hell, I paid $120 for a ticket on the upper level... 26 rows up... on the 50 yard line.

luv
08-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh, no.. that hasn't been decided yet. KSU and ISU has nothing to do with the MU-KU thing.

http://www.kansascity.com/165/story/757843.html

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm glad I never had a mullet......why are you calling me Travis Tritt...That's that long haired country singer with a goatee, isn't it?

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/165/story/757843.htmlSure, Luv... I know they're playing at Arrowhead. But that doesn't mean the Border War at Arrowhead won't continue.

One doesn't have much at all to do with the other.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Sure, Luv... I know they're playing at Arrowhead. But that doesn't mean the Border War at Arrowhead won't continue.

One doesn't have much at all to do with the other.She's a Mizzou fan.

They're typically a bit slower than most...

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
That's that long haired country singer with a goatee, isn't it?"You think you'll find an answer to it all...where the corn don't grow..."

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:12 AM
That's that long haired country singer with a goatee, isn't it?

I don't even like country music......are you implying I look like any dude with long hair?

luv
She's a Mizzou fan.

They're typically a bit slower than most...

Hey, I've still got a little ways to go to mastering the NFL. I'm just starting on college. I'm a chick on top of that. Cut me some slack.

KcMizzou
She's a Mizzou fan.

They're typically a bit slower than most...Oh, why you son of a...

It's on now, is it? LMAO

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Picking on the new recruits...

Typical of a classless Beaker.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't even like country music......are you implying I look like any dude with long hair?No..you have the facial/long hair of Travis Tritt with similar facial features.

You don't look like Chad Kroeger. You kinda look like the lead singer from Saliva, but not really. You do look like Travis Tritt more than the other two I mentioned.

But T.T. kinda kicks ass in a 90's country sort of way, so it's all good.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM

Typical of a classless Beaker.Yeah, I'm sort of like a cheetah leading the wildebeast calves away from the heard...

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't even like country music......are you implying I look like any dude with long hair?Dude, I don't know.

I'm not at all worried about what you look like. Maybe you are.

It was a passing joke. I heard someone call you Travis Tritt once.

I was kidding. That's all.

luv
08-30-2008, 12:17 AM

Typical of a classless Beaker.

Eh. I hate it when people take it easy on me. I'd rather get broke in quick.

Kinda like getting thrown into a lake to learn how to swim.

luv
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Dude, I don't know.

That someone was him. He's posted side-by-side pictures as a comparison before.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Eh. I hate it when people take it easy on me. I'd rather get broke in quick.

Kinda like getting thrown into a lake to learn how to swim.*Sigh* If only we could throw all the Mizzou fans that couldn't swim into a lake...

luv
08-30-2008, 12:20 AM
*Sigh* If only we could throw all the Mizzou fans that couldn't swim into a lake...

That was reaching. You can do better.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:21 AM
That was reaching. You can do better.Maybe. I really exerted my posting stamina earlier tonight in the BBQ thread, so I don't know how much more trash-talking/witty comments I have in me tonight.

Might need to go to sleep and regenerate my awesome meter.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Dude, I don't know.

I made this just for you...

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Hahahahahaha. That is awesome.

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I made this just for you...Heheh, thanks Mecca. You're a good sport.

luv
08-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I made this just for you...

Liar.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I bet I don't look like people thought I did.....I honestly doubt anyone pictured me remotely looking like that after all the shit I've said.

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Mecca again.

I never imagined I'd be in this position.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Liar.

Well I did make it...

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:34 AM
I may have seen a picture of you before..but that's pretty much what I expected..maybe with an eyebrow ring or something...

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Well I did make it...Close enough.

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
And I bet Travis Tritt has to buy Magnums as well. :)

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I may have seen a picture of you before..but that's pretty much what I expected..maybe with an eyebrow ring or something...

I would never pierce my face, I hate that look, especially on women...like lip rings, huge huge turnoff.

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I like Mecca. It's just that I'm a Chiefs homer, and he's umm... certainly not. Other than that we're cool.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
And I bet Travis Tritt has to buy Magnums as well. :)

I should hang out at country concerts, even though I hate that kinda music I'd be sure to get laid.

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I should hang out at country concerts, even though I hate that kinda music I'd be sure to get laid.

For some strange reason I dont think Travis Tritt was a country music sex appeal guy.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I like Mecca. It's just that I'm a Chiefs homer, and he's umm... certainly not. Other than that we're cool.

I'm hard headed......I've generally decided if I like a player or not well before he's ever been drafted by watching them through 3-4 years of college and if the Chiefs happen to take one of those guys it will take alot for me to change my mind.

Just the same if I like a player I usually stand by that till they change it for me.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I should hang out at country concerts, even though I hate that kinda music I'd be sure to get laid.Just remember the lyrics to "Where Corn Don't Grow". That oughta be enough for you to strip a couple pairs of panties off.

Better get on it right now though, Travis Tritt is/has been fading into the depths of obscurity for nearly a decade now.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:39 AM
For some strange reason I dont think Travis Tritt was a country music sex appeal guy.

Oh cmon now.......chicks like any singer, his face could look like a hairy ass crack and some women would say he was hot.

luv
08-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh cmon now.......chicks like any singer, his face could look like a hairy ass crack and some women would say he was hot.

:spock:

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Oh cmon now.......chicks like any singer, his face could look like a hairy ass crack and some women would say he was hot.Damned right. Jagger's getting laid and he's what 62? (not to mention ugly as the south end of a north-bound hog.)

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:42 AM
:spock:

It's true, have you seen some of the guys in bands that women say are good looking?

luv
08-30-2008, 12:44 AM
It's true, have you seen some of the guys in bands that women say are good looking?

I think this might be when that money/social status thing you always say women care all about comes into play or something.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 12:57 AM
You killed this thread luv...

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM
You killed this thread luv...Not possible... the game's yet to be played.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 01:11 AM
So here's the real question.....how is Missouri going to defend the size of Juice Williams head, have you seen that thing?

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2008, 01:13 AM
So here's the real question.....how is Missouri going to defend the size of Juice Williams head, have you seen that thing?

Your boy Rey gave him that headringing in the Rose Bowl.

Mecca
08-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Ha that game was hilarious, SC's defense is to fast for the spread.....yet I watched Lou Holtz sit on TV and say SC struggles with the spread and it's why Ohio State would beat them..he's either really stupid, senile, or a major SC hater...actually I think it's all 3.

KcMizzou
08-30-2008, 01:21 AM
So here's the real question.....how is Missouri going to defend the size of Juice Williams head, have you seen that thing?Juice is a mellon head?

Mecca
08-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Juice is a mellon head?

I think they had to specially order his helmet, that's how big it is.