PDA

View Full Version : Elections I am very proud of our country tonight

dirk digler
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Nowhere else in the world would a major party nominate an African-American to become president.

No matter what side you are on I think we all can be proud that this event has occurred in the greatest country in the world.

God bless the USA!

HolmeZz
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I teared up a little. The whole thing was a pretty cool moment.

Friendo
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
damn right--you could feel the pride in that arena!

REP!

my guess is Bill will get one helluva gracious embrace tonight

Logical
08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I teared up a little. The whole thing was a pretty cool moment.This is one of the few times I hate living on the West coast. I am still at work and missed this signficant moment in history. Also significant was that if he had not got the nomination the first woman would have. Pretty amazing for someone like me born in the 50s.:clap::clap::clap:

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Nowhere else in the world would a major party nominate an African-American to become president.Well, part of that's because, you know, citizenship issues.

ROYC75
08-27-2008, 06:08 PM
This is one of the few times I hate living on the West coast. I am still at work and missed this signficant moment in history. Also significant was that if he had not got the nomination the first woman would have. Pretty amazing for someone like me born in the 50s.:clap::clap::clap:

I was born in the 50's , as was my wife, I skipped it since I was on the phone, working.. My wife watched it, she was a Hillary voter, she wanted all of the gk's to watch it ....... We can always watch it on reruns, ALL NIGHT .

Reaper16
08-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Nowhere else in the world would a major party nominate an African-American to become president.
The word in bold might have something to do with it.

Donger
08-27-2008, 06:18 PM

Well, there's a reason for that.

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm glad a few of us pedants are here.

Logical
08-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I was born in the 50's , as was my wife, I skipped it since I was on the phone, working.. My wife watched it, she was a Hillary voter, she wanted all of the gk's to watch it ....... We can always watch it on reruns, ALL NIGHT .I know, but somehow that is not the same. It is like when they placed the flag on the moon, or when MLKjr gave his I have a dream speech. Actually witnessing those things live are an amazing part of my memories. Like watching the Chiefs win their Super Bowl, people can watch it on reruns now but somehow I bet the pride in the event is not quite as great.

Logical
08-27-2008, 06:20 PM
The word in bold might have something to do with it.
OK that was funny, nice.

J Diddy
08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, there's a reason for that.

please do tell

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
No matter what side you are on I think we all can be proud that this event has occurred in the greatest country in the world.

God bless the USA!

Absolutely, very proud.. (But I hope he loses) no offense.

Donger
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
please do tell

Hannibal?

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Hannibal?I always pictured you as a Crassus kind of figure.

Taco John
08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
It already happened?

Donger
08-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I always pictured you as a Crassus kind of figure.

Thanks!

DeezNutz
08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I thought Clinton was our first black President?

I keed. One should hope that such moments become increasingly less noteworthy in the future.

Baby Lee
08-27-2008, 06:51 PM

God bless the USA!
It may be my generation, it may be my upbringing, but for me it was more a logical inevitability than a revolution. I'm sure those who are older view it much differently.
I can honestly say, and I'm not bragging as I don't feel it's something bragworthy, but in all my [and there's been a ton] analysis of Obama's temperment, policy aspirations, etc., his race has never been a consideration. I have a lot of respect for his temperment, and if that temperment [and pedigree] was espousing Ron Paul's platform, even with the isolationism, I'd probably have dropped out of everything to join his election effort.
As it stands, I remain unsure if his temperment is actually gonna, . . . you know, temper, his redistributionist and entitlement aspirations.

BucEyedPea
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM

God bless the USA!

What about Africa then. Don't they have black presidents all the time?

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2008, 07:26 PM

Yes, but not African Americans :)

patteeu
08-27-2008, 08:37 PM
That makes me wonder, are Liberians considered American-Africans?

J Diddy
08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Hannibal?

hannibal lecter

that's how you sound with your comments

BucEyedPea
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM

Yes, that's it! And some may have migrated inland.

Garcia Bronco
08-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Man, I love watching Bill clinton speak.

I would also like to remind the original poster that the kings of the world over time have had all races represented.

Programmer
08-27-2008, 09:21 PM

God bless the USA!..

You can't say that as a liberal, it's paramount to having a state sponsored religion! Besides, God has been kicked out of virtually every area of America, especially the Government.

I may be mistaken, but Obslama was not born in Africa, he cannot be an African-American.

The greatest country in the world is filled with idiots that have trouble recognizing the nationality of people in different ethnic groups. What a shame.

Programmer
08-27-2008, 09:23 PM

No, they aren't, but Libertarians are.

dirk digler
08-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for everyone being a smartass by pointing out the American part. I was trying to be PC and not to offend anyone... ****ers. :harumph:

Programmer
08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
I teared up a little. The whole thing was a pretty cool moment.

That's a pretty emotional statement considering you are a cold hearted liberal.

MTG#10
08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
And he's got about a snowball's chance in hell of winning the GE. But then again, what do I know? Im just a "typical white person".

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2008, 10:46 PM
And he's got about a snowball's chance in hell of winning the GE. But then again, what do I know? Im just a "typical white person".uh

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Nowhere else in the world would a major party nominate an African-American...

By definition...

Guru
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Absolutely, very proud.. (But I hope he loses) no offense.
I support this statement 100%. :D

Mr. Kotter
08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
...As it stands, I remain unsure if his temperment is actually gonna, . . . you know, temper, his redistributionist and entitlement aspirations.

Bingo. It's my only real concern, other than....whether he will he be up to the challenges on the foreign policy/national security front he'd face in the next four years.

Logical
08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey Big Daddy, I found this post in Feb 2007 posts, what was the bet you were talking about.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3785264&postcount=10

alanm
08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Bingo. It's my only real concern, other than....whether he will he be up to the challenges on the foreign policy/national security front he'd face in the next four years.
Don't worry Kotter, I think he's read books and stuff. :thumb:

Goapics1
08-28-2008, 07:10 AM
I always pictured you as a Crassus kind of figure.

Me too!

Rooster
08-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Nowhere else in the world would a major party nominate an American to become president.

FYP

ROYC75
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Americans have came a long ways since the early years of slavery and the 50 - 60's, but Obama is a biracial child, but yet he wants to go as an African - American. African Americans claim he is one of us.

It was an historical day ....... Now, I would feel better if I believed in his policy's. I don't , his leadership ability questions me .......straight from the street, 1 term as a state senator, , what is it, less than 1 term as a senator, just too green on the edges and unfamiliar with handling crisis situations in the world. His energy policy does nothing, NOW to reduce oil cost,but a plan that might work, 10 years down the road.

Can we , as Americans continue to pay at the pump, keeping the cost of living AT AN ALL TIME high, that will only continue to go higher until his plan kicks in to soften the use of oil ?

NOBAMA

Ultra Peanut
08-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Take a nap, Roy.

Donger
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
hannibal lecter

that's how you sound with your comments

WTF?

Prometheus
08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
It's been a great convention so far.

Tonight will be historic, regardless of your political orientation.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Take a nap, Roy.

HE's right about his energy policy. The long term solutions he has are great. He nor McCain really have short term solution. We need to increase local energy supply pure and simple. If government would just get out of the way we can there in 2-3 years.

ROYC75
08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Take a nap, Roy.

Gotta work today, plus getting a few Obots to short circuit is my mission today ! :D

Frankie
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM

An African-American would probably not be eligible for nomination anywhere else in the world anyway. ;)

Frankie
08-28-2008, 11:08 AM
An African-American would probably not be eligible for nomination anywhere else in the world anyway. ;)

:cuss:

I just saw Reaper16's post (#7) saying the very same thing (only better).

By rights I should delete my post, but the post whore in me doesn't let me. ;)

max sleeper
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM

God bless the USA!
:clap: What a great night it was! Go Chiefs!

bkkcoh
08-28-2008, 01:47 PM
How can one be proud of their country when they have to choose between being racist, sexist or ageist and they chose to be sexist. :banghead:

Rain Man
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I think Nigeria has a black president.

bkkcoh
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM

South Africa had Nelson Mandela.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
It just goes to show the level of "guilt" in the mind's of some. You have nothing to be guilty about people.

bkkcoh
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I would rather have a qualified president.

skin color or gender doesn't add to their qualifications, nor does it detract from them either....

Duck Dog
08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I would rather have a qualified president.

skin color or gender doesn't add to their qualifications, nor does it detract from them either....

Agreed. Too bad the Libs didn't have a more accomplished and less radical black man.

Pitt Gorilla
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
It may be my generation, it may be my upbringing, but for me it was more a logical inevitability than a revolution. I'm sure those who are older view it much differently.
I can honestly say, and I'm not bragging as I don't feel it's something bragworthy, but in all my [and there's been a ton] analysis of Obama's temperment, policy aspirations, etc., his race has never been a consideration. I have a lot of respect for his temperment, and if that temperment [and pedigree] was espousing Ron Paul's platform, even with the isolationism, I'd probably have dropped out of everything to join his election effort.
As it stands, I remain unsure if his temperment is actually gonna, . . . you know, temper, his redistributionist and entitlement aspirations.Excellent points across the board.

Pitt Gorilla
08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Agreed. Too bad the Libs didn't have a more accomplished and less radical black man.Uh, hmm. I honestly don't know what to say here.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Yeah, but those are African-Africans...

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
The point of our nominating the first black man for president aside, the reason he's on the ticket is because he's an articulate, well spoken BLACK man...there are plenty of young, inexperienced well spoken articulate men (and women) of other races who could make speeches about hope and change and all that happy crappy.

Just because he's black is no reason for him to be on any ticket. Enjoy the fact that a black man got nominated, but to me, race hasn't mattered...pretty much ever. Nor has gender.

In fact, I think that black people and women make more of a big deal about gender and color than do white men. (KKK a-holes not withstanding...)

Frankie
08-28-2008, 03:21 PM

But is he an African-American?

Ultra Peanut
08-28-2008, 03:58 PM
The point of our nominating the first black man for president aside, the reason he's on the ticket is because he's an articulate, well spoken BLACK man...there are plenty of young, inexperienced well spoken articulate men (and women) of other races who could make speeches about hope and change and all that happy crappy.

Just because he's black is no reason for him to be on any ticket. Enjoy the fact that a black man got nominated, but to me, race hasn't mattered...pretty much ever. Nor has gender.

In fact, I think that black people and women make more of a big deal about gender and color than do white men. (KKK a-holes not withstanding...)Congratulations! It's a bouncing bundle of patronizing horseshit!

"He just got that job cuz he wuz BLACK."

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
The word in bold might have something to do with it.LMAO

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Congratulations! It's a bouncing bundle of patronizing horseshit!

:rolleyes: Please, if he was white, you wouldn't know who the hell he is. Maybe tonight he'll actually say something of substance, but if he does it'll be the first time.

...that's if you can get passed the Greek God rising up from the floor in the temple...:rolleyes:

Bootlegged
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM

God bless the USA!

Wow. :shake:

Ultra Peanut
08-28-2008, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes: Please, if he was white, you wouldn't know who the hell he is. Maybe tonight he'll actually say something of substance, but if he does it'll be the first time.

...that's if you can get passed the Greek God rising up from the floor in the temple...:rolleyes:You're an ignorant shit.

Worse, you're a willfully ignorant shit.

Bootlegged
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Congratulations! It's a bouncing bundle of patronizing horseshit!

He didn't? You think the high black turnout in primaries didn't win him the nomination?

HolmeZz
08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
He didn't? You think the high black turnout in primaries didn't win him the nomination?

He won the nomination because of Iowa.

Ignroing that fact, the votes of black people count just as much as the votes from whites. Candidates usually do better with demographics that they share traits with. That's not specific to blacks. It's true of every group. And with those advantages, usually come disadvantages with other demographics.

Ultra Peanut
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
He didn't? You think the high black turnout in primaries didn't win him the nomination?That's why Jesse Jackson was our 40th president!

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
He won the nomination because of Iowa.

Ignroing that fact, the votes of black people count just as much as the votes from whites. Candidates usually do better with demographics that they share traits with. That's not specific to blacks. It's true of every group. And with those advantages, usually come disadvantages with other demographics.

Case in point: Bush appealed to the stupid white man, and he carried them overwhelmingly.

Bootlegged
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
That's why Jesse Jackson was our 40th president!

Ok - it was whitey that voted for him in South Carolina.

Bootlegged
08-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Case in point: Bush appealed to the stupid white man, and he carried them overwhelmingly.

Didn't you get beat up by a little asian girl?

Logical
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM

In fact, I think that black people and women make more of a big deal about gender and color than do white men. (KKK a-holes not withstanding...)

All those who really believe this poster, form a line for your million dollars.

patteeu
08-28-2008, 06:25 PM

He's right.

VAChief
08-28-2008, 08:05 PM

His experience is an issue, but the way you look at your sentence is all in your personal perception...you see an articulate, well spoken black man. Others might just see an articulate, well spoken man.

In 2000 we elected an inexperienced, inarticulate, not so well spoken white man, so in the words of George Costanza, if every inclination you have is wrong, then the opposite must be right. :)

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 08:22 PM
You're an ignorant shit.

Worse, you're a willfully ignorant shit.

Are you related to him or something? Geez. I'm just saying that everyone seems to be making a big stink over the fact that he's black...I haven't heard anything from him that separates him from the typical lib philosophy, there are many people who would think and say what he is saying and probably have more experience than he does. He's a good looking, good talking BLACK liberal. They had him pegged for this nomination back in 2004. That speech solidified his inauguration.

But call me names if it makes you feel better. Rock on! :rockon:

...next, call me a racist...come on, you're dying to...:D

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 08:25 PM

I want my million...I guess I'll get it 1K at a time when Obama robs from the oil companies! :thumb:

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 08:26 PM
His experience is an issue, but the way you look at your sentence is all in your personal perception...you see an articulate, well spoken black man. Others might just see an articulate, well spoken man.

In 2000 we elected an inexperienced, inarticulate, not so well spoken white man, so in the words of George Costanza, if every inclination you have is wrong, then the opposite must be right. :)

Good post, and I can't say I disagree I guess. But this thread was started lauding America for nominating a black man...not the best man. Some obviously think he's the best man, but this was all about his race. Just sayin'...

Logical
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you related to him or something? Geez. I'm just saying that everyone seems to be making a big stink over the fact that he's black...I haven't heard anything from him that separates him from the typical lib philosophy, there are many people who would think and say what he is saying and probably have more experience than he does. He's a good looking, good talking BLACK liberal. They had him pegged for this nomination back in 2004. That speech solidified his inauguration.

But call me names if it makes you feel better. Rock on! :rockon:

...next, call me a racist...come on, you're dying to...:DIf you were being honest then your post presentation skillz need work.:evil:

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
If you were being honest then your post presentation skillz need work.:evil:

Heh. Probably. But I have mad air guitar skilz...:D

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM

Dude...please...if I said that Barack appealed to stupid black people and guilty whites, what would you say...:rolleyes:

Tiger's Fan
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Maybe next time a major party nominates a black man for POTUS, it'll be for reasons other than being black. We'll see.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Maybe next time a major party nominates a black man for POTUS, it'll be for reasons other than being black. We'll see.

I'll say. I hope and pray for that...

Ari Chi3fs
08-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I felt proud tonight. That was a great speech.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I felt proud tonight. That was a great speech.

It was indeed. I disagree with many of the sentiments, but McCain certainly has his work cut out for him. Barack gave the best speech I've seen to this point. I do think that McCain can knock some of it out of the park, but weather he has that ability or not remains to be seen...