PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In preparation of the Chiefs season, this is what we have to look forward to

Mecca
08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
I believe this sums up our upcoming season...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zX4ox7aX_wc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zX4ox7aX_wc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TinyEvel
08-28-2008, 01:30 AM
I bet he had a REALLY GREAT relationship with this father. :shrug:

Count Zarth
08-28-2008, 01:33 AM
chefs suk

Mecca
08-28-2008, 01:35 AM
chefs suk

Let's be frank.....the team is not good....the team may very well win 1 or 2 games, in the past it was one thing to be like yea we suck but we'd win 7 games now this is another level...

What are we suppose to say? Saying they suck is pretty accurate at this time.

Count Zarth
08-28-2008, 01:36 AM
the team may very well win 1 or 2 games

I'll bet you $100 they win more than 2 games.

TinyEvel
08-28-2008, 01:39 AM
I'll bet $200 that Clay welches on the bet if he loses.

Count Zarth
08-28-2008, 01:42 AM

Dude, I'm tired of this shit. I have never welched on any Chiefsplanet bet.

Mmmkay?

Mecca
08-28-2008, 01:43 AM

That's probably true.....1-2 or 2 is obviously the low extreme but when I see people saying things like we'll win 6 or 7 games I just shake my head I don't know how anyone can logically think that.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Let's be frank.....the team is not good....the team may very well win 1 or 2 games, in the past it was one thing to be like yea we suck but we'd win 7 games now this is another level...

What are we suppose to say? Saying they suck is pretty accurate at this time.

If the Chiefs win more than 3 games, I'll be shocked.

If they go 0-16, I won't be shocked.

I think they'll win two and get the first pick in the draft.

SBK
08-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Truefans asking an expert about KC this year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SBK
08-28-2008, 02:00 AM
After getting worked 24-0 by one of the worst teams ever, I'd say anyone thinking this team will win more than 4 games is on crack.

KCJohnny
08-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh stop it already!
Chiefs have a very favorable schedule, 3 coaches with HC experience, a new offense, a weak division... c'mon, people.

I see us at 5-11 with a lot of games decided by 7 or less.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Oh stop it already!
Chiefs have a very favorable schedule, 3 coaches with HC experience, a new offense, a weak division... c'mon, people.

Um division is weak because the Chiefs are one of the weak teams....and that schedule isn't favorable no teams schedule is favorable when you're worse than every team you play..

TinyEvel
Oh stop it already!

MAtch the fist half of this post with the second half and that's comedy gold. Just pure irony. Or, misidrect. Or, slapschtick. Something, I don't know.
I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY, OKAY?!!!?!

MeaTy The Pimp
I am not being homerific, but I think we will win 4-5 games this year. As far as the preseason game against Miami, bad team or not, we have always played poorly in Maimi. I expected that loss.

SBK
08-28-2008, 02:33 AM
I really wish we'd be good this year, but building the team we have we're creating a team that can be good for a long time. I'd rather have that, but it stinks today.

KCJohnny
08-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Context.
Most are saying KC will win 2 games.
All I said was we will win 5 games and lose some close games, a common trait of young ascendant teams. IMHO, that's what we are.
:arrow:

stumppy
08-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Context.
All I said was we will win 5 games and lose some close games, a common trait of young ascendant teams. IMHO, that's what we are.
:arrow:

5 wins wouldn't suprise me. Neither would 2 wins. Predicting wins is 10x harder anytime a team is going through a major rebuild like we are.
As long as we're better at the end of the season than we are now I'll be happy. Uh....make that considerably better.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Preseason is wack. I think KC can win 6 or 7 games. I don't want to see them lose all the games just to get a high draft pick, even if we need it.

If they do lose them all... you gotta turn the negative into a positive... now I'll have some extra time to work on my golf game.

StcChief
08-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Context.
:arrow:QFT

anything is possible with a rebuilding team. Breaks either way will be a factor

a few W/L under 7 pts.

a few blowout L's. maybe a blowout W?

2 to 5 Ws

|Zach|
08-28-2008, 07:00 AM
I have a lot more to look forward to than this. Just saying.

triple
08-28-2008, 07:04 AM
it is really hard to lose more than 4 games. that being said i am expecting about 3 wins.

for a team to get absolutely destroyed by 1-win dolphins team is a bad omen.

TEX
08-28-2008, 07:17 AM
I believe this sums up our upcoming season...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zX4ox7aX_wc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zX4ox7aX_wc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A more accurate precursor of things to come would be if we included 1st half performance as well...:shake:

IMO, this season is going to be one of the most ugly by any team in recent NFL history. When it's all said and done we will be looking up at the Raiders by more games than we win.

Ceej
08-28-2008, 07:26 AM
What we have to look forward to this season is hearing Mecca say, "I told you so, or I knew I was right." Nobody else on this website toots their own horn as much as this guy.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Ah the Jizzer here to talk about how he dislikes me so......I think if asked most posters here would say I'm one of the better people on the forum...

LOCOChief
08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
A more accurate precursor of things to come would be if we included 1st half performance as well...:shake:

IMO, this season is going to be one of the most ugly by any team in recent NFL history. When it's all said and done we will be looking up at the Raiders by more games than we win.

I don't post that often, but I always have to respond to your dumb ass posts.
Even if we only win 2 games this year this rebuilding process is needed. I think an ugly season would be a veteran team, with top 5 pick year after year, a new coach every year, and yet they can eak out enough wins to climb out of the bottome of the division. Much like your faiders dumbass

Reerun_KC
08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
What we have to look forward to this season is hearing Mecca say, "I told you so, or I knew I was right." Nobody else on this website toots their own horn as much as this guy.
:)

funny, let him toot his horn, he is right more than any one on this board, comes with some good facts to back up his arguements... and you dont have to pay $99.95 for it either...

Reerun_KC
08-28-2008, 07:49 AM
My only hope is that the season is ugly enough to get Carl and Herm removed.

IF they stay on for another year, then this season is a failure regardless of record...

We have to move forward with hope that we can be a real NFL franchise..

TEX
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I don't post that often, but I always have to respond to your dumb ass posts.
Even if we only win 2 games this year this rebuilding process is needed. I think an ugly season would be a veteran team, with top 5 pick year after year, a new coach every year, and yet they can eak out enough wins to climb out of the bottome of the division. Much like your faiders dumbass

My Raiders??? ROFL I hate them more than all my ex-girlfriends combined!
Question - Who's more of a dumbass? The dumbass or the person who responds to said dumbass that they themselves labeled as such? :hmmm:

You were ahead at, " I don't post often." ...:)

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
I will always be a chiefs fan in my heart. I think Dorsey will be fine. Lets get him some help next year. Another solid draft. One really bad year...I am hopefully that is all it will take to swing this thing back around. Maybe two. I am just glad we finally have a MADDEN or TECMO bowl senero where we know we can't touch the elite. Lets play the young guys and draft high. I want the Mugulia out of SC first round!

TEX
08-28-2008, 08:18 AM

IF they stay on for another year, then this season is a failure regardless of record...

:clap: This post should be gold-plated, framed and hung on Clark's wall!

TEX
08-28-2008, 08:21 AM

So what - he's right most of the time. He backs his takes up. The real problem is that most of what he says is the ugly-truth that some people here don't want to believe.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2008, 08:26 AM

Do you really think that is possible? Why would Herm and Carl go into complete rebuild mode knowing they might not win more than 4-5 games and knowing they might lose their job because of it? I think Hunt signed off on a 3 year plan (beginning this year) and will give both Carl and Herm the time to see it through. Peterson's comments about seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel and about a three year plan lead me to believe that they are both safe through 2010 barring a major meltdown next year.

LOCOChief
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
My Raiders??? ROFL I hate them more than all my ex-girlfriends combined!
Question - Who's more of a dumbass? The dumbass or the person who responds to said dumbass that they themselves labeled as such? :hmmm:

You were ahead at, " I don't post often." ...:)

I'm not buyin it, I mean the part where you say you've had girlfriends and I'm probably not buyin that you're not a faiders fan either. I guess it's your constant negativity that grinds at me, although I realize that your entitled to your opinion as am I.

Often your hatred for the Chiefs blinds your comments IMO. You feel a team with young inexperienced players provide for an ugly season even more ugly than you beloved faiders. I say green and growing or ripe and rotting. This team is making an assent.

RustShack
08-28-2008, 08:49 AM
9-7

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
9-7

We are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!

TEX
08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm not buyin it, I mean the part where you say you've had girlfriends and I'm probably not buyin that you're not a faiders fan either. I guess it's your constant negativity that grinds at me, although I realize that your entitled to your opinion as am I.

Often your hatred for the Chiefs blinds your comments IMO. You feel a team with young inexperienced players provide for an ugly season even more ugly than you beloved faiders. I say green and growing or ripe and rotting. This team is making an assent.

Are you mentally challenged? If so, that would explain things and I'm sorry for making fun of you.

I'll slow things down - I feel that a team with a poor HC and a poor GM has no real shot at a successful rebuild. And yes, as much as I hate to admit it, IMO the Chiefs will finish with a worse record than the Raiders this year. For that matter, they will probably finish with the worst record in the AFC. According to your logic, that means that I'm a fan of every team in the conference. :rolleyes:

TEX
08-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Do you really think that is possible? Why would Herm and Carl go into complete rebuild mode knowing they might not win more than 4-5 games and knowing they might lose their job because of it? I think Hunt signed off on a 3 year plan (beginning this year) and will give both Carl and Herm the time to see it through. Peterson's comments about seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel and about a three year plan lead me to believe that they are both safe through 2010 barring a major meltdown next year.

Yep. When I read Carl's comments about 3-years, I thought the same thing.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 09:33 AM
chefs suk

You want to know why people give you ZERO respect??

STOP BLOWING SMOKE UP EVERYONES A**!!

Be truthful with your audience.

TrickyNicky
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
3-13. Unless the line somehow magically gels and starts giving the QB more than 1.8 seconds to make a decision.

Ceej
08-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Whoa now ladies....

I never said Mecca was wrong more than he was right. I never said I disliked the guy either. I simply said he toots his own horn more than anyone else on this board. Don't take things out of context.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM

As far as a Non-True fan here is concerned, we wasted 2 years already with the "win now" BS they sold the True Fans the last 2 years... First was the biggest Miracle in Football history happened and the Cheifs made the playoffs.. Then they tried to make a playoff push with Huard last year. That should tell you enough about the direction of Carl and Herm.

Once they realized that they were ****ed, they took a drastic turn into rebuilding...They are trying to cover there asses with this rebuild shit, problem is Clark is believe it... IT's BS and if Clark cant see that they are raping him and his team, then he deserves as much.

Its time, Hell it is 10 years past its time... I dont know how much more we can take just waiting for Clark to rid us of mediocrity and bring in someone who wants to build and win...

I dont trust Carl or Herm to actually rebuild a franchise, neither has done it and both of their track records are worth allowing this to continue.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
FWIW, I am all for rebuilding this team.

evolve27
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
:hail:Chefs

Skip Towne
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
So what do we do when, in a couple of years, this rebuild falls on its ass. Get someone in here who knows what he's doing? Why not do it now and eliminate the middle man?

beavis
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
So what do we do when, in a couple of years, this rebuild falls on its ass. Get someone in here who knows what he's doing? Why not do it now and eliminate the middle man?

I think a 1 or 2 win season is the best thing that could possibly happen to this team. The only way it would be better is if it got Carl and Herm canned.

chiefsngop
08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't claim to be a football genius, so I would still love for someone to explain this to me. Please.

Even if our team is lucky enough to have succesful drafts over the next couple years and add 3 to 4 starters a year, how will we gain any ground if we lose good players every year by trading them for draft picks, free agency, injuries, and retirements ? It sounds like a 2 steps forward 2 steps back situation to me. I can't see this rebuild working without accenting our drafts with marquee free agents, maybe one of you guys can explain it to me ???

SBK
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't claim to be a football genius, so I would still love for someone to explain this to me. Please.

Even if our team is lucky enough to have succesful drafts over the next couple years and add 3 to 4 starters a year, how will we gain any ground if we lose good players every year by trading them for draft picks, free agency, injuries, and retirements ? It sounds like a 2 steps forward 2 steps back situation to me. I can't see this rebuild working without accenting our drafts with marquee free agents, maybe one of you guys can explain it to me ???

You don't give $70,000,000 to a drunk that is 1 beer away from a year long suspension.

RustShack
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah we trade one player who was one beer away from being out for a year, and that wanted a shit ton of money... That means we are going to trade everyone now, even if they don't have any problems and don't want as much as Allen did. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2008, 02:14 PM

You don't give $70,000,000 to a drunk that is 1 beer away from a year long suspension.

Well, that's exhibit A.

Exhibit B is the Colts, Patriots and Chargers.

All three teams are experts at not getting too attached to players, and knowing exactly when to give them up.

The Colts traded Faulk, drafted Edge. Then RELEASED Edge, drafted Addai. And I'd bet they do the same with Addai.

The Patriots have been the best at this - letting people walk, and getting over on other teams in trade. Branch for a 1st? How's that working out, Seattle?

Chargers? See ya, Michael Turner. You too Merriman. (According to reports, they won't resign him)

These teams only give big contracts to players they feel can continue to contribute over the life of the contract. Then they ditch the guys that are relatively easy to replace through the draft.

chiefsngop
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah we trade one player who was one beer away from being out for a year, and that wanted a shit ton of money... That means we are going to trade everyone now, even if they don't have any problems and don't want as much as Allen did. :rolleyes:

Wasn't referencing JA, the trade allowed us to have 2 first round picks, which helped Carl pull the trigger on Dorsey that's all good. Would've been great to have Dorsey and JA on same D-line but then we wouldn't have got the O-line help we desperately needed so yeah I get it.

My question was forward looking, and not just concerning losing players to trades, also free agency, injuries, and retirements. Can we move forward banking only on successful drafts, and to have successful drafts will we not have to allocate additional draft picks in some way ? We don't need to supplement good draftees with free agents ? Thoughts....

RustShack
08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
If you draft well enough we don't need two. If we can find system players, they won't need big names and big contracts. Every team will pick up some free agents at some point, you just don't want to do it while rebuilding. Build your team up, then you can add the guy you need. I would still rather shy away from old washed up players that were great in thier prime though.

chiefsngop
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, that's exhibit A.

Exhibit B is the Colts, Patriots and Chargers.

All three teams are experts at not getting too attached to players, and knowing exactly when to give them up.

The Colts traded Faulk, drafted Edge. Then RELEASED Edge, drafted Addai. And I'd bet they do the same with Addai.

The Patriots have been the best at this - letting people walk, and getting over on other teams in trade. Branch for a 1st? How's that working out, Seattle?

Chargers? See ya, Michael Turner. You too Merriman. (According to reports, they won't resign him)

These teams only give big contracts to players they feel can continue to contribute over the life of the contract. Then they ditch the guys that are relatively easy to replace through the draft.

Yes, all 3 teams draft well but also use the other side of the sword with free agent signings. Is this the Chiefs plan ?

The other problem with your scenario, the Chiefs don't have Faulk to trade, don't have Branch to trade for a 1st, I guess LJ would be our Michael Turner??? There is no depth of talent here, the JA thing will probably work as we lost a solid DE but then drafted an apparent big time DT.

With only one big time receiver on the squad (Bowe) we gotta keep Gonzalez to pull double teams in the secondary, IMO you gotta keep LJ as he's one of the proud and the few studs on offense, I like Kolb Smith but wouldn't bank a season on him. The Chiefs don't have the big time players to use as leverage to "get over" on other teams.

chiefsngop
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
If you draft well enough we don't need two. If we can find system players, they won't need big names and big contracts. Every team will pick up some free agents at some point, you just don't want to do it while rebuilding. Build your team up, then you can add the guy you need. I would still rather shy away from old washed up players that were great in thier prime though.

I've always hated the age old Carl Peterson plan of simply "pluggin holes" with washed up vets.

I just feel like the Chiefs are on the right path in regards to the draft, BUT our FA signing has been so poor over the years, and despite what anyone says, you know we're gonna need at least a couple FA's to ever make a run, that it's worrysome.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes, all 3 teams draft well but also use the other side of the sword with free agent signings. Is this the Chiefs plan ?

The other problem with your scenario, the Chiefs don't have Faulk to trade, don't have Branch to trade for a 1st, I guess LJ would be our Michael Turner??? There is no depth of talent here, the JA thing will probably work as we lost a solid DE but then drafted an apparent big time DT.

With only one big time receiver on the squad (Bowe) we gotta keep Gonzalez to pull double teams in the secondary, IMO you gotta keep LJ as he's one of the proud and the few studs on offense, I like Kolb Smith but wouldn't bank a season on him. The Chiefs don't have the big time players to use as leverage to "get over" on other teams.

The Colts have very very few players that weren't drafted by them, the same goes for the Chargers, now NE they use FA more.