PDA

View Full Version : Elections ABC Reporter Arrested in Denver Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors

Bill Parcells
08-28-2008, 07:11 AM
ABC Reporter Arrested in Denver Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors- Asa Eslocker Was Investigating the Role of Lobbyists and Top Donors at the Convention
By BRIAN ROSS
Aug. 27, 2008

DENVER--Police in Denver arrested an ABC News producer today as he and a camera crew were attempting to take pictures on a public sidewalk of Democratic Senators and VIP donors leaving a private meeting at the Brown Palace Hotel.

Police on the scene refused to tell ABC lawyers the charges against the producer, Asa Eslocker, who works with the ABC News investigative unit.

A cigar-smoking Denver police sergeant, accompanied by a team of five other officers, first put his hands on Eslocker's neck, then twisted the producers arm behind him to put on handcuffs.

A police official later told lawyers for ABC News that Eslocker is being charged with trespass, interference, and failure to follow a lawful order. He also said the arrest followed a signed complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel.

Eslocker was put in handcuffs and loaded in the back of a police van which headed for a nearby police station.

Video taken at the scene shows a man, wearing the uniform of a Boulder County sheriff, ordering Eslocker off the sidewalk in front of the hotel, to the side of the entrance.

The sheriff's officer is seen telling Eslocker the sidewalk is owned by the hotel. Later he is seen pushing Eslocker off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic, forcing him to the other side of the street.

It was two hours later when Denver police arrived to place Eslocker under arrest, apparently based on a complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel, a central location for Democratic officials.

During the arrest, one of the officers can be heard saying to Eslocker, "You're lucky I didn't knock the f..k out of you."

Eslocker was released late today after posting $500 bond.

Eslocker and his ABC News colleagues are spending the week investigating the role of corporate lobbyists and wealthy donors at the convention for a series of Money Trail reports on ABC World News with Charles Gibson.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Blotter/abc_asa_custody_080827_mn.jpg

Link (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Conventions/story?id=5668622&page=1)

Ultra Peanut
08-28-2008, 07:11 AM
A cigar-smoking Denver police sergeantThis made me laugh.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2008, 07:12 AM
But...but...Obama says no to lobbyists

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2008, 07:25 AM
What a bunch of crap. This isn't a DNC problem but a country wide problem with Police. I hope they lose their jobs, but I highly doubt it.

BucEyedPea
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
More evidence that Police State USA is a bipartisan affair. :cuss:

Rooster
08-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I saw it on Good Morning America this morning. It was pretty messed up.

We can't let America see how things are really run. Lobbyists are just pretend :mad:

Chief Henry
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I wonder who were in the pics...High ranking democratic officials and large donors.

I thought Barry was going to have CHANGE. He's getting lots of it too...

Sfeihc
08-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Unbelievable how the government wipes their ass with the Bill of Rights and we just keep letting them do it.

StcChief
08-28-2008, 11:35 AM
citizens the answer is storm Incestco stage....do it. Denver make us proud.

mlyonsd
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
If the McCain camp was smart they'd line up some hookers for the ABC crew next week in St. Paul.

Good press is hard to come by and ABC is ripe for the picking.

Taco John
08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome to Police State America.

This isn't a new trend, and it's not just focused around Democrats.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I wonder who were in the pics...High ranking democratic officials and large donors.

I thought Barry was going to have CHANGE. He's getting lots of it too...

But clearly, police brutality is okay with you haters?

JFC.

Way to miss the point.

Good job.:shake:

Chief Henry
08-28-2008, 12:24 PM
But clearly, police brutality is okay with you haters?

JFC.

Way to miss the point.

Good job.:shake:

Sure it is. But Obama said he'd CHANGE Washington DC and give hope to America. The point is Barry not CHANGING a THING and accepting large sums of campaing $$$...thus he's giving much hope to his campaing donors...albeit both sides do it and will continue to do it :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Sure it is. But Obama said he'd CHANGE Washington DC and give hope to America. The point is Barry not CHANGING a THING and accepting large sums of campaing $$$...thus he's giving much hope to his campaing donors...albeit both sides do it and will continue to do it :rolleyes:

Look Dude, this report was about police brutality, not the fact that lobbyists are in Denver.

Get it?

Amnorix
08-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Insane. The cops should all be suspended/fired.

Chief Henry
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Look Dude, this report was about police brutality, not the fact that lobbyists are in Denver.

Get it?

Look Dude, my response was the REAL story BEHIND the Story. Get it ? ROFL

Stinger
08-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Insane. The cops should all be suspended/fired.

Agreed

Get it?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but:

It was two hours later when Denver police arrived to place Eslocker under arrest, apparently based on a complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel, a central location for Democratic officials.

Sure sounds like they called the shots on this arrest.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Sure sounds like they called the shots on this arrest.

A police official later told lawyers for ABC News that Eslocker is being charged with trespass, interference, and failure to follow a lawful order. He also said the arrest followed a signed complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM

We have to know more about what he was doing. It sure didn't warrant getting shoved into the street, intimidated, and arrested on a public street while he was exercising his constitutional right to be there. The Brown Hotel does NOT own that sidewalk.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2008, 01:27 PM
We have to know more about what he was doing. It sure didn't warrant getting shoved into the street, intimidated, and arrested on a public street while he was exercising his constitutional right to be there. The Brown Hotel does NOT own that sidewalk.

Exactly.

This arrest isn't about the lobbyists. It's something far more.

Logical
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM

Are you really so dense as to believe Obama controls 55 Senators and almost 2000 delegates, really?

Logical
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
We have to know more about what he was doing. It sure didn't warrant getting shoved into the street, intimidated, and arrested on a public street while he was exercising his constitutional right to be there. The Brown Hotel does NOT own that sidewalk.I wondered about that, I know in some cities like New York a building owner can pay for improvements in front of its establisment and in effect gain the rights to control that part of the sidewalk. Is Denver the same?

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I wondered about that, I know in some cities like New York a building owner can pay for improvements in front of its establisment and in effect gain the rights to control that part of the sidewalk. Is Denver the same?

It's a public street and side walk. The Brown hotel has no markings statting it's their property.

SBK
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Are you really so dense as to believe Obama controls 55 Senators and almost 2000 delegates, really?

Not only that, he tells the wind when it can blow. :)

Mr. Laz
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
what the f*** does this have to do with anything, you idiot?

just stupid .... shows that people with money/power play by a different set of rules then the rest of us. :shake:

HC_Chief
08-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Sounds like the Brownshirts are out in force.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I guess the Police got the memo that cameras=guns.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM

Are you really so dense as to beleave that the DNC DOES NOT want pictures
of LARGE DONORS with the Dem Senators ? Those pictures would be priceless in the campaign with Barry PREACHING... change Change CHANGE

Sully
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Pssst...when you see what they think he's capable of, you see which side really thinks he's the messiah.