PDA

View Full Version : Worst fantasy football move

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I have had some bad ones. I drafted Kevin Curtis last year in the 4th round gah! I was working and I didn't have time to look up who was available

Pestilence
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I think it was 5 or 6 years ago. My friend was in a car driving home when the draft was going on (I still don't remember why he wasn't at the draft). Dude wasn't even paying attention when we called him for his 1st round pick. His words exactly....

"Just give me Doug Flutie"

DTLB58
08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
How about a non move.

Last year I passed on AP in the 6th round. Can't even remember who I took instead, just remember that's the first round I looked at taking him. :cuss:

Pestilence
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
How about a non move.

Last year I passed on AP in the 6th round. Can't even remember who I took instead, just remember that's the first round I looked at taking him. :cuss:

I passed on AP in the 4th round for Lee Evans. :cuss::doh!::banghead:

Nzoner
08-31-2008, 11:49 AM
We had a live draft yesterday,10 man league and this newbie had the 10th pick....

1.10 Chargers Defense followed directly with Eli Manning :eek:

luv
08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I let go of Westbrook in a two keeper league. Top that.

morphius
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I picked Sammie Parker in the last round because of his "speed".

old_geezer
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
This year.............I signed up for a FFL team even though I knew it had an auto-draft. I got home from work and checked out my team; My !st running back was selected in the 5TH ROUND - Ron Brown from Miami. My other RB I don't even remember his name (a non-starting rookie with zero upside). But I do have 2 TEs and 2 kickers. I am so screwed. I really feel like not even participating just as a form of protest.

Bowser
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
We had a live draft yesterday,10 man league and this newbie had the 10th pick....

1.10 Chargers Defense followed directly with Eli Manning :eek:

Winner.

Hydrae
08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
I was needing a backup QB for this year and the clock was ticking. So in my infinite wisdom, who do I take? JP Losman. :banghead:

Ceej
08-31-2008, 02:56 PM
My very first year in FF I took Steve Smith in the 1st round, Antonio Gates in the 2nd.

Beat that shit.

morphius
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
This year.............I signed up for a FFL team even though I knew it had an auto-draft. I got home from work and checked out my team; My !st running back was selected in the 5TH ROUND - Ron Brown from Miami. My other RB I don't even remember his name (a non-starting rookie with zero upside). But I do have 2 TEs and 2 kickers. I am so screwed. I really feel like not even participating just as a form of protest.
That happened to Gaz a few years ago here, he had something like 4 kickers, and he still nearly won the league. So, not all hope is lost yet.

Reaper16
08-31-2008, 04:37 PM
One time, I thought Chris Chambers was poised for a breakout season. I refused a straight up trade of me giving away Chambers for Torry Holt.

I was an idiot.

Old Dog
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Does trading my 2nd and 3rd (#24 and #25) for Brady in a redraft this year count? I thought it was a good idea at the time.

morphius
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Does trading my 2nd and 3rd (#24 and #25) for Brady in a redraft this year count? I thought it was a good idea at the time.
I had about 5 worth while keepers in my auction league, we are allowed 2 and the 1 of those I used on Brady, and even as a keeper he wasn't cheap.

stumppy
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Three years ago at the very first draft of our Dynasty league I royally screwed myself. Before the draft I was setting up my players list. I started with KC players first of course. I had only set up the first 5 or 6 players and got busy doing sokmething else. Well, as luck would have it I forgot about the draft and the site used my players list..........mine were also set in alphabetical order.

My number one draft pick in our 5 year dynasty league.............wait for it..............

Mike Cloud.

And it only got worse from there.

Valiant
09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Three years ago at the very first draft of our Dynasty league I royally screwed myself. Before the draft I was setting up my players list. I started with KC players first of course. I had only set up the first 5 or 6 players and got busy doing sokmething else. Well, as luck would have it I forgot about the draft and the site used my players list..........mine were also set in alphabetical order.

My number one draft pick in our 5 year dynasty league.............wait for it..............

Mike Cloud.

And it only got worse from there.

You are Vince Young dumb..

Valiant
09-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Well in my fantasy league, some idiot dropped Turner for LT's backup before the games sunday.. It has been a riot reading posts about how dumb you have to be to do that..

stumppy
09-10-2008, 11:02 AM
You are Vince Young dumb..

YUP.