PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain's Health Care Solution

Cave Johnson
08-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Un-f*cking believable.

Mr. Goodman, who helped craft Sen. John McCain's health care policy, said anyone with access to an emergency room effectively has insurance, albeit the government acts as the payer of last resort..."So I have a solution. And it will cost not one thin dime," Mr. Goodman said. "The next president of the United States should sign an executive order requiring the Census Bureau to cease and desist from describing any American even illegal aliens as uninsured. Instead, the bureau should categorize people according to the likely source of payment should they need care. "So, there you have it. Voila! Problem solved."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-Uninsured_27bus.ART.State.Edition2.4dce428.html

HolmeZz
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
McCain can sure pick advisors.

I'd say this is pretty Bushian: instead of addressing the problem, just alter the definition of words to mask the issue.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2008, 07:43 PM
McCain can sure pick advisors.

I'd say this is pretty Bushian: instead of addressing the problem, just alter the definition of words to mask the issue.
QFT

instead of worrying about something being illegal just change the law afterwards

SNR
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
What if all the people on welfare became lawyers?

Problem solved.

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Story lead:

"Texas once again led the nation with the highest percentage of residents without health insurance, a U.S. Census Bureau report showed Tuesday, although the same study also reports a slight dip last year in the percentage without coverage across the nation."

Residents. Not citizens. Residents. Texas has an insane number of illegal residents.

I'd like to see the numbers for citizens.

_____

Sorry, the lead of the story got me off the track of the thread.