PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney and Pawlenty out

memyselfI
08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
according to Fox. Gotta tell you that McCain has kept his pick more a secret than the whole text message stunt.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Drudge and Mark Halperin are hinting it might be Sarah Palin...LMAO

memyselfI
08-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I think if it's Palin then the RNC have made a conscious decision to throw in the towel.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Scarborough just blasted a Palin pick as the shameless, condescending, pandering pick it would be.

This is so weird.

memyselfI
08-29-2008, 07:36 AM
I think it could be Ridge because it's awfully quiet in his corner. McCain likely has some of the contenders aiding him in keeping this selection quiet.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I think if it's Palin then the RNC have made a conscious decision to throw in the towel.

I agree and if she is the pick then there goes the argument that Obama is too unexperienced because she has only been a Gov for 2 years and served on the City Council and that is it. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
ABC is reporting Palin is in Alaska, not Ohio.

penchief
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I shudder at the thought of Romney being anywhere near the presidency. He reminds me of a male version of the Stepford Wives. Dude gives me the creeps bigtime.

Well, that and his wanting to double down on trickle down and further deregulate the business crooks.

alnorth
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
ABC is reporting Palin is in Alaska, not Ohio.

Looks like that report is coming from her spokesperson, wheras the other potential VP's said they werent going to be picked themselves, so it might still be possible. I'm a bit concerned that Lieberman isnt out of it yet.

InChiefsHell
08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Fox News said that there was a flight out of Alaska that landed 30 miles from Dayton...a private jet owned by a McCain supporter...

...I think it will be Palin...I don't know much about her. Laura Ingram is going on an on about her this morning, she sounds like a great pick except for the fact that nobody knows who the hell she is. She's a good looking gal, very down to earth, 5 kids, one downs syndrome...

...but it might not be her at all...

patteeu
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Pawlenty is reportedly headed for the Minnesota state fair today and has denied being McCain's choice. Both Romney and Palin are reportedly in Dayton. CNN reported that Palin flew in last night.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
The people on Morning Joe are starting to get pissy with the McCain surrogate.

Pawlenty is reportedly headed for the Minnesota state fair today and has denied being McCain's choice. Both Romney and Palin are reportedly in Dayton. CNN reported that Palin flew in last night.Palin's in Alaska unveiling the new state quarter, and Romney's not there, either.

No on Lieberman, too, for reasons less clear.

RINGLEADER
08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree and if she is the pick then there goes the argument that Obama is too unexperienced because she has only been a Gov for 2 years and served on the City Council and that is it. LMAO

Yeah, I don't know a whole lot about her but it wouldn't seem to be the best way to attack one of Obama's greatest political weaknesses. I'd agree with whoeveritis that said it smacks of a desperation--gimmick pick when he doesn't need to make one.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't think her investigation will come to much. She is a women, not Hutchinson unfortunately. It is a decent gamble. I haven't heard her so it is a waiting game to see her style. It will point attention toward Stephens and his problems. That in itself isn't so good. At least she will have little to bring up against her. The question is can she have legs as a political attack dog or is she going to be overshadowed by others looking to set themselves up for a run in 2012.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
according to Fox. Gotta tell you that McCain has kept his pick more a secret than the whole text message stunt.

How can you possibly say that? Obama's pick didn't get named until Friday at midnight. They rolled it out at 3 AM.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Obama also held the secret for days with the sort of agressive scrutiny McCain is starting to get today.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
jaz, who cares. The VP and birthday bash on the same FRIDAY news cycle. Come on let them keep a secret. It plays out poorly in my political eyes.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I used say denise = rexcjake + Iowanian. That's not fair to Iowanian.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=204

denise = rexcjake x HogFarmer.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
What's the issue with Palin?

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
She fired someone that didn't fire the ex husband of her sister. get it.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:19 AM
What's the issue with Palin?

Corruption

Ultra Peanut
What's the issue with Palin?Pros:
- She has a vagina.

Cons:
- The inexperience card
- McCain's camp looks desperate as fuuuu*******
- Palin's in a minor brouhaha in AK, and her pick will shine the light on Ted Stevens

tiptap
It is pretty trivial

Chief Henry
Palin will be the first female President...hmm Sorry Hillary.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Corruption? Jaz don't inflate the story.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Pros:
- She has a vagina.

Cons:
- The inexperience card
- McCain's camp looks desperate as fuuuu*******
- Palin's in a brouhaha in AK, and her pick will shine the light on Ted Stevens

Will it be heard above all the dicks

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
LMAO At Palin. what a horrible horrible pick.

Makes me wonder if everyone told McCain no and she was the only one left

LMAO

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Corruption

The Monegan thing?

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:26 AM

LMAO

You've got to watch this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIX4P0fApmA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIX4P0fApmA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM

LMAO

Why? The inexperience factor? Vagina?

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Sports Anchor, Beauty Queen turned Corrupt 1.5 year governor isn't a great storyline.

Cary Fiarino would have been a fantastic choice for him.

I'm guessing their vetting team had a hard time clearing Carly and weren't too concerned about Palin.

:shrug:

I'm guessing they know more than I do about the problems in her background.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Why? The inexperience factor? Vagina?

She has been governor for 2 years and before that city council. LMAO

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-12">[5]</sup> The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-13">[5]</sup> Palin kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes 60%.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-14">[5]</sup> She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-15">[5]</sup><sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-13">[14]</sup> Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Palin-bio_10-1">[11]</sup>
In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-16">[5]</sup>
Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-14">[15]</sup>, where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-17">[5]</sup> After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-15">[16]</sup> Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Sarah_4-18">[5]</sup>

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Sports Anchor, Beauty Queen turned Corrupt 1.5 year governor isn't a great storyline.

Cary Fiarino would have been a fantastic choice for him.

I'm guessing their vetting team had a hard time clearing Carly and weren't too concerned about Palin.

:shrug:

I'm guessing they know more than I do about the problems in her background.

Thanks.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
She has been governor for 2 years and before that city council. LMAO

Strange that inexperience doesn't seem to bother you when it comes to Barack Hussein. And he's running for POTUS.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
No one is making the argument that Palin's inexperience excuses her. Just that it mitigates that argument against Obama politically speaking.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Strange that inexperience doesn't seem to bother you when it comes to Barack Hussein. And he's running for POTUS.

Cmon Donger 2 freaking years. He has been a US Senator for 4 years and a state senator for 8 years.

Also how can he now claim Obama is unexperienced when his running mate only served 2 years as Gov.

Do you honestly believe if McCain had a heart attack and died after he became POTUS that she is ready to become POTUS?

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:41 AM
No one is making the argument that Palin's inexperience excuses her. Just that it removes that argument against Obama.

I wouldn't think so. POTUS versus VPOTUS. I suppose it could be argued that while we know we'd be confronted with Barack Hussein's inexperience, we would only be confronted with Palin's if McCain kicks the bucket.

BigCatDaddy
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
So how big of a dick can Biden be to a 44 year old beauty queen with a down syndrome child? I wonder how this will affect the Hillary supporters as well. I don't know if it's good or bad but interesting, it's change I could believe in.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Cmon Donger 2 freaking years. He has been a US Senator for 4 years and a state senator for 8 years.

Also how can he now claim Obama is unexperienced when his running mate only served 2 years as Gov.

Do you honestly believe if McCain had a heart attack and died after he became POTUS that she is ready to become POTUS?

Fair enough. I don't know much about the woman.

tiptap
Ok there is a distinction in office you are running for but there is no positive political push in all of this.

dirk digler
I wouldn't think so. POTUS versus VPOTUS. I suppose it could be argued that while we know we'd be confronted with Barack Hussein's inexperience, we would only be confronted with Palin's if McCain kicks the bucket.

Which at 73 years old could happen tomorrow or any second.

One of my best friend's dad dropped dead at 74 and he was in very good health. No warning no nothing.

My dad is 76 and I worry about him dying at anytime.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
So how big of a dick can Biden be to a 44 year old beauty queen with a down syndrome child? I wonder how this will affect the Hillary supporters as well. I don't know if it's good or bad but interesting, it's change I could believe in.

He will be freed up to just go after McCain. Even in the face to face debate.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
we would only be confronted with Palin's if McCain kicks the bucket.And that is not out of the realm with a man that is 72 years old.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Ok there is a distinction in office you are running for but there is no positive political push in all of this.

Hillary's voters.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
And that is not out of the realm with a man that is 72 years old.

Possibility versus certainty.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
As far as Hillary supporters. Obama talked to them by the aspirations for his daughters so they are not in play. And Palin doesn't help with blue collar workers as the other supporters of Hillary. It doesn't work.

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
As far as Hillary supporters. Obama talked to them by the aspirations for his daughters so they are not in play. And Palin doesn't help with blue collar workers as the other supporters of Hillary. It doesn't work.

She hunts moose and eats buffalo burgers! Shoots guns, and stuff!1!@!!

tiptap
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Ok, Hillary's appeal couldn't have come from gun right standing. So this is not something that cuts the right way for INCREASING your appeal.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Of cousre it doesn't, just like lying under oath would only matter if a Republican did it.

Shameless hypocrits, and they always will be.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
No one is making the argument that Palin's inexperience excuses her. Just that it mitigates that argument against Obama politically speaking.
McCain could proudly argue, that his VP is more experienced than Obama.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
How audacious to pick a woman.

InChiefsHell
08-29-2008, 03:41 PM
She has executive experience...Barack not so much. Trust me, this pick will give the Dems absolute FITS...I'm officially interested in politics again...