PDA

View Full Version : Elections Where is your voting place?

bkkcoh
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Where is the place that you vote.

Do you wish it was in a different place, ie not a school or such.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
I wish mine was at a QT.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
It's a church, and I don't give a ****.

StcChief
08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Catholic Church

KC Dan
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
here is mine

Basileus777
Its at the local school and I have no problems with its location.

HolmeZz
An elementary school.

Woodrow Call
08-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Library

RJ
08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
In the past three years I have voted at an elementary school (twice), a community center (twice), a library, a high school and a fire house. I have no idea where I'll be next time. It's become a sore subject with the local voters.

Reaper16
08-29-2008, 12:55 PM
At a Methodist church. Seeing as I belong to that church, I've got no qualms.

Jilly
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
My church is a voting place and it makes me mad. I can't get them to quit putting signs up all over the place and that frustrates me because I do not want people thinking the church advocates for any of the candidates.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
In the past three years I have voted at an elementary school (twice), a community center (twice), a library, a high school and a fire house. I have no idea where I'll be next time. It's become a sore subject with the local voters.

you guys need to buy an rv and make it the vote mobile, then it can drive house to house until everyone's voted

that'll make amends for all them moves

bango
08-29-2008, 07:58 PM
you guys need to buy an rv and make it the vote mobile, then it can drive house to house until everyone's voted

that'll make amends for all them moves

When I lived in Missouri it always was a school even when I moved. Now that I live in Washington the State it is done by mail.

Guru
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
At the church literally in front of my front door. heh.

I walk about 20 yards and I'm there.

Logical
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Voted other, it is in a garage of a house

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:02 PM
When I lived in Missouri it always was a school even when I moved. Now that I live in Washington the State it is done by mail.

They don't have polling places?

bango
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM

No. They use the ballot by mail system.

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:12 PM
No. They use the ballot by mail system.

What do homeless people do? And I could've sworn I've seen exit polling data from Wash. state before.

Bill Parcells
08-29-2008, 08:19 PM

If it's in a rural area they have absentee or write in ballots. I know somebody in the boon docks of Pennsylvania that does it like that. they don't even deliver the mail, he has to pick it up. he also never locks the door to his house.

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:20 PM
If it's in a rural area they have absentee or write in ballots. I know somebody in the boon docks of Pennsylvania that does it like that. they don't even deliver the mail, he has to pick it up. he also never locks the door to his house.

Bill, he says it's a statewide deal, I'm trying to understand how that works.

Bill Parcells
08-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Bill, he says it's a statewide deal, I'm trying to understand how that works.

Really? damn, forgive me. that is weird. carry on.

bango
08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Really? damn, forgive me. that is weird. carry on.

I have only lived here a couple of years and only vote in general elections because I do not belong to either party. I have actually only voted in Presidential Elections so far. I registered to vote about six months after I moved here. I have received ballots in the mail for every election so far. They come in the mail I would say about 15 to 25 days before the election and you can either mail them back or drop them off in drop boxes throughout the area. I live close to Spokane so it is not a rural area. I will be getting my POTUS Ballot sometime in October and fill it out and take it to the drop box at the library. That is all I know about it. As much as it was a little but of a pain to find the correct school to vote at I still prefer that method to this one.

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I have only lived here a couple of years and only vote in general elections because I do not belong to either party. I have actually only voted in Presidential Elections so far. I registered to vote about six months after I moved here. I have received ballots in the mail for every election so far. They come in the mail I would say about 15 to 25 days before the election and you can either mail them back or drop them off in drop boxes throughout the area. I live close to Spokane so it is not a rural area. I will be getting my POTUS Ballot sometime in October and fill it out and take it to the drop box at the library. That is all I know about it. As much as it was a little but of a pain to find the correct school to vote at I still prefer that method to this one.

Yeah, that's absentee or advance mail voting. That's everywhere. No wonder I was confused. I don't think you have a statewide mail-only system.

Bill Parcells
08-29-2008, 08:43 PM

They send me a letter in the mail before the election telling me what school and what district I'm in. it also has a layout of what it will look like behind the curtains. you don't get that there?

bango
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
They send me a letter in the mail before the election telling me what school and what district I'm in. it also has a layout of what it will look like behind the curtains. you don't get that there?

No. We vote by mail. As far as I know there is not one building in the entire State that you can vote in except where they count the votes.

bango
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
It is called Postal Voting. Here is an article from Wiki on it. You will have to scroll down to the U.S. Section and look for Washington State.

bango
08-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry I forgot the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_voting

Logical
08-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, that's absentee or advance mail voting. That's everywhere. No wonder I was confused. I don't think you have a statewide mail-only system.No I seem to recall they don't have polling places, but they start counting the ballots early in the day so they get results about the same time as the rest of the West Coast.

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Sarah Palin's vagina.

It's warm and comforting.

bango
08-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Sarah Palin's vagina.

It's warm and comforting.

So is her mouth when she is not speaking.

bango
08-29-2008, 09:17 PM
No I seem to recall they don't have polling places, but they start counting the ballots early in the day so they get results about the same time as the rest of the West Coast.

I guess that they still do over on the other side of the State in the Seattle Area. I think that they are trying to do away with those eventually though.

Logical
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I guess that they still do over on the other side of the State in the Seattle Area. I think that they are trying to do away with those eventually though.
Well then I wonder if it is Oregon that has a mail only system, I thought it was Washington.

bango
08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Well then I wonder if it is Oregon that has a mail only system, I thought it was Washington.

I am not sure. I have not ever been to Oregon.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Was a church for a long time, now a community center since 2004.

DaFace
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't even know. They encourage the mail-in ballots pretty strongly in my area for some reason, so I've never actually had to go anywhere to vote in the past year and a half.

Smed1065
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Wonder why the majority are churches in the poll

I have lived all over the US and it has always been a school. Seems weird to me because of the separation of church and state?

Interesting.