PDA

View Full Version : Environment He Chose Palin over Rudy! Bwahahaha!

Pages : [1] 2

Taco John
08-29-2008, 09:16 AM
ROFL

There's your Friday Suprise Jake!

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Today is the best day.

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I know nothing about this lady other than she'd be the first VP of the US that someone will want some upskirt shots. The first VPILF?

Gov of Alaska? Excellent. That plays well into the OPEN THE ALASKAN NORTH TO OIL DRILLING plan.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Could be bogus, but...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/mccain-vp-conte.html

McCain VP Contender Palin in Alaska, Not Ohio
Email
Share August 29, 2008 8:54 AM

ABC News' Kate McCarthy Reports: As vice presidential speculation swirls, Gov. Sarah Palin is watching the fireworks from her home in Wasilla, Alaska.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is in Dayton, Ohio, awaiting a high noon event at which the campaign has said the Republican contender will announce his running mate.

All eyes are on a short list of contenders including Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Govs. Mitt Romney and Tom Ridge, Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Palin.

But the possibility of a surprise pick also looms as the McCain camp remains mum at this hour about just who will be joining their candidate on stage in battleground Ohio.

But one person who will not be there: Palin. The Governor's spokesperson, Sharon Leighow, tells ABC News she's going to the State Fair in Anchorage, Alaska.

Stay tuned...

Donger
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Could be bogus, but...

Email

ABC News' Kate McCarthy Reports: As vice presidential speculation swirls, Gov. Sarah Palin is watching the fireworks from her home in Wasilla, Alaska.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is in Dayton, Ohio, awaiting a high noon event at which the campaign has said the Republican contender will announce his running mate.

All eyes are on a short list of contenders including Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Govs. Mitt Romney and Tom Ridge, Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Palin.

But the possibility of a surprise pick also looms as the McCain camp remains mum at this hour about just who will be joining their candidate on stage in battleground Ohio.

But one person who will not be there: Palin. The Governor's spokesperson, Sharon Leighow, tells ABC News she's going to the State Fair in Anchorage, Alaska.

Stay tuned...

Great. McCain really is like Bush: secretive and deceptive.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Could be bogus, but...

Email

Stay tuned...

ROFL, I just turned on Fox News and saw her walking down the aisle in Ohio.

Way to go ABC!

NewChief
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Maybe all of his picks are turning him down after the ass kicking Obama delivered last night.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I know nothing about this lady other than she'd be the first VP of the US that someone will want some upskirt shots. The first VPILF?

Gov of Alaska? Excellent. That plays well into the OPEN THE ALASKAN NORTH TO OIL DRILLING plan.

Energy and drilling for more oil is a MAJOR campaign issue. It would give
McCain a BIG advantage over the Biden/Obama ticket.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Energy and drilling for more oil is a MAJOR campaign issue. It would give
McCain a BIG advantage over the Biden/Obama ticket.

LMAO McCain doesn't want to drill in Alaska LMAO

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
LMAO McCain doesn't want to drill in Alaska LMAO

He will. He'll have to flip flop on that issue :D

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
ROFL, I just turned on Fox News and saw her walking down the aisle in Ohio.

Way to go ABC!
I guess I saw someone else or they used stock footage, because they just said she hadn't been seen yet.

But that she's now official.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Maybe all of his picks are turning him down after the ass kicking Obama delivered last night.

I think it's a pick that make sense in the same way that Biden makes sense.

Fills the gaps and targets the waffling indys they need.

Going after the Hillary voters.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:40 AM
He will. He'll have to flip flop on that issue :D

I have a feeling the only thing he wants to drill is her. :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I wonder if Cindy is jealous now

Goapics1
08-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Pics?

Deberg_1990
Nice....smart move by McCain.

Sounds like hes trying to lure alot of the undecided Hillary supporters. I like it.

dirk digler
Going after the Hillary voters.

Obviously that is what he is trying to do but too bad she is nothing like Hillary. She is a staunch pro-lifer.

Bootlegged
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNr_LZpMHqA

banyon
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I think it's potentially a great pick. Definitely picks up the memygunt early-mid menopausal swing vote.

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2006/12/Miss%20Wasilla%201984.jpg

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 09:43 AM
She is a staunch pro-lifer.

Obviously. She has 5 kids.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Wasilla is a medium sized city in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is part of the Anchorage, Alaska Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, the population of the city was 5,470. The 2005 estimate gives the city a population of 8,471,[1] making it the largest city in the borough.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Obviously. She has 5 kids.

All of Hillary's supporters are staunch pro-choicers there is no way they would support a pro-life candidate.

If she is the pick this absolutely is the worst pick in modern political history

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
All of Hillary's supporters are staunch pro-choicers there is no way they would support a pro-life candidate.

If she is the pick this absolutely is the worst pick in modern political history

hardcore Hillary supporters will always vote Democratic anyways.

Hes going after more moderates and independents.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I think it's potentially a great pick. Definitely picks up the memygunt early-mid menopausal swing vote.

Now that was funny!!!!ROFL It's kinda cool to see the dem contention lightening up a bit. You guys must have been all torqued up inside leading to the big night last night. I have seen more neutral, non-partisan comments around here in the last 24 hrs. than I have in the past six years.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Now that was funny!!!!ROFL It's kinda cool to see the dem contention lightening up a bit. You guys must have been all torqued up inside leading to the big night last night. I have seen more neutral, non-partisan comments around here in the last 24 hrs. than I have in the past six years.

Nevermind. Dirk just soured the mood...

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
hardcore Hillary supporters will always vote Democratic anyways.

Hes going after more moderates and independents.

This is definitely who he is going after.

People are already comparing this pick to Dan Quayle LMAO

Taco John
08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Definitely picks up the memygunt early-mid menopausal swing vote.

Not hardly...

jAZ
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Obviously that is what he is trying to do but too bad she is nothing like Hillary. She is a staunch pro-lifer.

True, but he's also going after the 2004 Bush Female voters. They are doing a good job assuming they can get past the corruption issue.

Programmer

Link

Oops, you consider yourself people. I forgot.

Bootlegged

"People" = Democrats.

banyon
Not hardly...

That was sort of TIC.

Taco John
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
I liked Palin as the Ron Paul pick for VP. Alaska libertarians insist that she's a libertarian - and that she's privately been against the Iraq war.

As the McCain pick at this point in time, it just seems like a mis-step. It's like he's pandering to the Hillary supporters.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
True, but he's also going after the 2004 Bush Female voters. They are doing a good job assuming they can get past the corruption issue.

What corruption issue?

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I liked Palin as the Ron Paul pick for VP. Alaska libertarians insist that she's a libertarian - and that she's privately been against the Iraq war.

As the McCain pick at this point in time, it just seems like a mis-step. It's like he's pandering to the Hillary supporters.

She is against the Iraq War?

ClevelandBronco

Except for his problem with engaging his mouth and his brain simultaneously, I thought Dan Quayle was a quite fine VP.

Deberg_1990
I no nothing about this woman, but she definately looks good. Dont rule out the hotness factor.

her look kind of reminds me of Tina Fey.

beer bacon
The best way to pull in voters that supported Hillary because of his strong stances on women's issues is pick a VP that is virulently anti-choice.

Bootlegged
http://bp2.blogger.com/_uExTzMIDd1Y/R2O5nKq9_tI/AAAAAAAAATE/At2bb_K_3ao/s400/Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

beer bacon
08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
What corruption issue?

She tried to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from his government job.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I no nothing about this woman, but she definately looks good. Dont rule out the hotness factor.

No question she is definitely HOT. I love MILF's and I bet McCain does too

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
The best way to pull in voters that supported Hillary because of his strong stances on women's issues is pick a VP that is virulently anti-choice.

Who is "his?" What strong stances? I know I'm the one including the question marks, but you're posting in riddles.

Goapics1
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM

Not bad, not bad at all.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
She tried to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from his government job.

I just saw the thread on it. In the end nothing will come of it, especially if there are no legal concerns. i.e. Did she actually do anything wrong, or break the law in any way?

KCJohnny
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Totally stole BHO's thunder. She's also very conservative and really pretty.

Touche'.

beer bacon
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Who is "his?" What strong stances? I know I'm the one including the question marks, but you're posting in riddles.

I made a slip. I meant her as in Hillary's strong stances on women's issues. Hillary had such strong support from women because of her history of fighting for women's issues like abortion.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
What corruption issue?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190110

Just heard CNN give an overview.

Palin admits that someone from her office called a safety commissioner to have a state trooper fired.

That state trooper was Palin's sisters husband.

He was at the time involved in a custody battle.

So it would appear (from the outside) that she used her office to get back at a personal vendetta.

It's just now being investigated though.

Donger
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
So it would appear (from the outside) that she used her office to get back at a personal vendetta.

Didn't the guy who called do so without her knowledge, and Palin immediately suspended him?

If so, how is that "she used her office"?

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Totally stole BHO's thunder. She's also very conservative and really pretty.

Touche'.

True and expected.

Obama's response was classic.

(paraphrase) "The choice to pick someone with the least foreign policy experience in presidential election history and only a heart-beat away from the oval office and is under investigation in her home state takes the 'experience' issue off the table".

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Didn't the guy who called do so without her knowledge, and Palin immediately suspended him?

If so, how is that "she used her office"?
The investigation is just underway. There's no way for you to know the facts of the matter at this point.

Frazod
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
This reminds me of Obama's last election. The Illinois senate republican candidate had to bow out when a scandal hit, so the republicans brought in Alan Keyes to run against him. Who thinks this shit up? "So what if he's a religious psychopath from another state? He's black! Get his ass on the ballet!" :spock: Obama won the election in a landslide, and one of his votes was mine. I would have crawled from my deathbed to vote against Alan Keyes.

And now, a shameless ploy aimed at the DEnises of the world. "Hey look, ladies! Vote for McCain and what's-her-face!" Apparently Martha Stewart was otherwise committed.

But I must admit, I like the Tina Fey look. She's sneaky hot.

oldandslow
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Several thoughts...

1. Many of the Barak is too inexperienced arguemnts go away...she has been on the city council of a town the size of Rolla and Gov for a year and a half...

2. Very Pro-Life (which I like) but will dampen the enthusiasm of hardcore pro-choice Hillary voters.

3. Doesn't help pick up a state...No MN or PA...which Pawlenty or Ridge might have done.

4. Puts the spotlight back on the Alaska corruption thing.

5. Will cause McCain to flip-flop on ANWR.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Several thoughts...

1. Many of the Barak is too inexperienced arguemnts go away...she has been on the city council of a town the size of Rolla and Gov for a year and a half...Rolla is actually three times the size of Wasilla.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Doesn't Alaska have a built in Government grant program from the oil revenues. So, the government of Alaska doesn't have the money problems of deficit spending. I think I could handle that kind of governing.

oldandslow
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Rolla is actually three times the size of Wasilla.

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt... This ticket loses the election for the repubs, imo.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Oh my God, it gets better:

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/08/did_palin_support_a_windfall_p.php

Republicans in Congress this June united to defeat a proposed windfall tax on oil companies, deriding it as a bad idea that would discourage investment in U.S. oil exploration.

Things worked out far differently in the GOP stronghold of Alaska, a state whose economic fate is closely tied to the oil industry.

Over the opposition of oil companies, Republican Gov. Sarah Palin and Alaska's Legislature last year approved a major increase in taxes on the oil industry -- a step that has generated stunning new wealth for the state as oil prices soared.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I think the Republicans have conceded. They chose a light weight so no one had the inside track for the 2012 race. Nominating McCain is as close to an apology for not choosing him in 2000.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
The investigation is just underway. There's no way for you to know the facts of the matter at this point.

Then we agree.:D

BTW- has anyone else seen the the story on this Mike Wooten guy? The ex brother-in-law. I saw it on Wiki, so I don't completely buy it. Allegedly he tasered his 11 year old step son, threatened to kill his father in law and some other shizz- before she was govenor. He was suspended for for a few days as an official reprimand. Hmmm....

Donger
08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh my God, it gets better:

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/08/did_palin_support_a_windfall_p.php

It doesn't look like she supports "windfall profit taxes."

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
This reminds me of Obama's last election. The Illinois senate republican candidate had to bow out when a scandal hit, so the republicans brought in Alan Keyes to run against him. Who thinks this shit up? "So what if he's a religious psychopath from another state? He's black! Get his ass on the ballet!" :spock: Obama won the election in a landslide, and one of his votes was mine. I would have crawled from my deathbed to vote against Alan Keyes.

And now, a shameless ploy aimed at the DEnises of the world. "Hey look, ladies! Vote for McCain and what's-her-face!" Apparently Martha Stewart was otherwise committed.

But I must admit, I like the Tina Fey look. She's sneaky hot.

I think if McCain would have wanted the "Denises" of the worlds vote - he would have chosen "Helen Thomas"

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought the Dems were supposed to be about Change yet they chose a Beltway insider like Biden as a running mate.

and the GOP chooses an unknown and and outsider.

hahahaha

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
It doesn't look like she supports "windfall profit taxes."Yeah, she just raised taxes on the oil companies. For no reason, apparently.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I thought the Dems were supposed to be about Change yet they chose a Beltway insider like Biden as a running mate.

hahahahaIt's all about appearances, baby! That's why some retards still think McCain is a "maverick."

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Then we agree.:D

BTW- has anyone else seen the the story on this Mike Wooten guy? The ex brother-in-law. I saw it on Wiki, so I don't completely buy it. Allegedly he tasered his 11 year old step son, threatened to kill his father in law and some other shizz- before she was govenor. He was suspended for for a few days as an official reprimand. Hmmm....

Sorta lends support that the phone call from her office was rooted in her personal life. It's not like he was a perfect dad where Palin had no motive.

Your post actually suggests that they may be counting on the "we'll she may have abused her power, but he deserved it".

oldandslow

hahahaha

Which, will lose the election.

He who laughs last....

Donger
Yeah, she just raised taxes on the oil companies. For no reason, apparently.

To increase the revenue for her state, I assume. I see nothing about her being for "windfall profit taxes."

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Which, will lose the election.

He who laughs last....

Probably so. Everything runs in cycles. Its most likely the Dems time.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
From one of the most moving speeches in the nation's history, to one of the most hilarious decisions.

Beautiful.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I guess I could entertain the possibility that everyone thinks the election is over and turnout on the Democratic side falters and the Rep. sneak in.

clemensol
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, on the surface, this looks like a terrible pick for McCain. After making a center piece of his campaign that Obama is not ready to lead, the 73 year old cancer survivor is going with a lady who has been governor of the country's smallest state (by population) for 1.5 years and before that was mayor of a city 1/37 of the size of the district Obama represented while in the STATE senate.

Also, as mentioned before, she's corrupt.

But one must never overestimate the mental capacity of the average voter. The fact that she's mildly attractive might trump all else.

Also, for what it's worth, she has a kid with down's syndrome.

tiptap
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
That is now all of 5 months old. And she is running in a Presidential race.

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't know much about this lady, but for those that remember my checklist...she'll do well.

Mother, 5 kids
1 son in the military...she's not going to be seen as someone to abuse use of Military with a son in Active Duty Army.
She's got a special needs child...she'll have compassion for those with needs and difficulty
She's supportive of drilling and mining more resources from her home state of Alaska, INCLUDING ANWAR....McCain has been against that, but has been moving my way on Anwar.
She's Pro life
She hunts and fishes.....
economically conservative

Joe Biden smokes her in experience, especially foreign....though in an arguement for "change from the same old Washington"....Joe Biden has had over 30 years to change things, and has more than his fair share of gaffs.

I'd love for team ObombA to dismiss her living in a small community....Be as dismissive of small, rural communities as they can possibly be and discount her from not being from a "major state".

Saulbadguy
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
ROFL

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.palmerelks.org/images/wwp-photo2.jpg

tiptap
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
How many months can you drive that thing before you get stuck in the permafrost.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Sorta lends support that the phone call from her office was rooted in her personal life. It's not like he was a perfect dad where Palin had no motive.

Your post actually suggests that they may be counting on the "we'll she may have abused her power, but he deserved it".

Meh. Maybe. Maybe not. The investigation seems to be going nowhere and they appear to be fully cooperating- again according to wiki. That's the only source I can find. IF there was an abuse of power she should get dinged for it. If she's smart she'll address it right away, chalk it up to nothing and move on. I don't think McCain would have given her the nod if there was anything there.

Obama needs to be careful of where he points his boney finger though. He probably doesn't want that light shined back on his past dealings any brighter than it already has. I'm not saying there is anything there with Rezko and Ayers, but the appearance alone will coninue to put him on the defensive.

Woodrow Call
08-29-2008, 10:57 AM
True and expected.

Obama's response was classic.

(paraphrase) "The choice to pick someone with the least foreign policy experience in presidential election history and only a heart-beat away from the oval office and is under investigation in her home state takes the 'experience' issue off the table".

Obama Campaign Reactions: Inexperience A "Heartbeat Away"

29 Aug 2008 11:58 am

From Obama spokesman Bill Burton:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same," said Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/08/ob...

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Excellent...Poo poo small communities. Its sure to show you're for "everyman"

Donger
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Obama Campaign Reactions: Inexperience A "Heartbeat Away"

29 Aug 2008 11:58 am

From Obama spokesman Bill Burton:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same," said Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/08/ob...

Wow. Talk about teeing it up.

Barack Hussein doesn't need a heartbeat away. He IS the heartbeat.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Palin is a bold and politically shrewd choice on the part of McCain. It's a choice that can only help McCain IMO, although I'm not sure it will help McCain a lot though. Her liabilities....lack of experience, and the allegations Palin is involved with. OTOH, she solidifies and could fire up the conservative base, brings a fresh face who's been strongly reform minded in her brief career, and she is a woman. It might keep the race closer than it otherwise have been.

It's a pick that is as bold and politically shrewd as a Lieberman pick would have been, but without the downside Lieberman would have brought (deflating the far right vote, liberal on social issues.)

That said, people don't vote for the Vice-Presidential candidates; they vote for President. On that count Obama should win; but Obama's lack of foreign policy experience and the possibility of the "Bradley Effect" rearing it's ugly head....forced Obama into a complimentary and safe VP pick in Biden. That opened the door for McCain to be able to be bold with his pick. Both candidates have 'balanced' their tickets in significant ways, in a society in which identity politics plays a bigger role than it ought to.

I still think, it's advantage Obama....at the moment. But the Pahlin pick could deflate what would have been a substantial post-convention bounce for Obama.

The polls....will be very interesting (by September 9 or 10.) I suspect Obama will be up 3-5 points. :hmmm:

|Zach|
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Excellent...Poo poo small communities. Its sure to show you're for "everyman"

And nothing connects with the average American like being in Alaska.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow. Talk about teeing it up.

Barack Hussein doesn't need a heartbeat away. He IS the heartbeat.

Yeah. That's not wise.

People elect the President, not the VP; and Obama comes up big-time short on the experience argument.

nychief
08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah. That's not wise.

People elect the President, not the VP; and Obama comes up big-time short on the experience argument.

yeah, everybody comes up short compared to a 72 year old cancer (survior?) victim... he is, er, 72 years old. Now sarah palin is a joke pick -

nychief
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Palin is a bold and politically shrewd choice on the part of McCain. It's a choice that can only help McCain IMO, although I'm not sure it will help McCain a lot though. Her liabilities....lack of experience, and the allegations Palin is involved with. OTOH, she solidifies and could fire up the conservative base, brings a fresh face who's been strongly reform minded in her brief career, and she is a woman. It might keep the race closer than it otherwise have been.

It's a pick that is as bold and politically shrewd as a Lieberman pick would have been, but without the downside Lieberman would have brought (deflating the far right vote, liberal on social issues.)

That said, people don't vote for the Vice-Presidential candidates; they vote for President. On that count Obama should win; but Obama's lack of foreign policy experience and the possibility of the "Bradley Effect" rearing it's ugly head....forced Obama into a complimentary and safe VP pick in Biden. That opened the door for McCain to be able to be bold with his pick. Both candidates have 'balanced' their tickets in significant ways, in a society in which identity politics plays a bigger role than it ought to.

I still think, it's advantage Obama....at the moment. But the Pahlin pick could deflate what would have been a substantial post-convention bounce for Obama.

The polls....will be very interesting (by September 9 or 10.) I suspect Obama will be up 3-5 points. :hmmm:

wow. you are an optimist... what is the chiefs record in 2008?

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Palin has been governor, has an approval rating in her state over 80%....and has more EXECUTIVE experience than Obama and Biden combined.

The dems almost put a lady for President, whose only experience was being a president's wife, and a short term in Senate. Rudy was a candidate, and all he was, was mayor of some city...

gblowfish
08-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow! someone from Alaska and someone from Hawaii impacting the election. What a great country!

Bootlegged
http://www.wwtdd.com/

oldandslow
Palin has been governor, has an approval rating in her state over 80%....and has more EXECUTIVE experience than Obama and Biden combined.

Yeah, I can't wait to see her in a foreign policy debate.

Seriously, this was a great pick!!!!I hope Johnny Mac keeps making choices like this one.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I can't wait to see her in a foreign policy debate.

Seriously, this was a great pick!!!!I hope Johnny Mac keeps making choices like this one.

Great pick? Coming from you? :spock:

Either you are being sarcastic, or you enjoy a real horse "race" like the MSM.

I suspect it the former, despite your use of the word "seriously." You must mean seriously....because as a Obama-man, you are poo-poo-ing the choice. :hmmm:

wow. you are an optimist... what is the chiefs record in 2008?

I'm guessing 4-12 again. Maybe less.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Meh. Maybe. Maybe not. The investigation seems to be going nowhere and they appear to be fully cooperating- again according to wiki. That's the only source I can find.
Ditto.
IF there was an abuse of power she should get dinged for it. If she's smart she'll address it right away, chalk it up to nothing and move on. I don't think McCain would have given her the nod if there was anything there.
Agreed.
Obama needs to be careful of where he points his boney finger though. He probably doesn't want that light shined back on his past dealings any brighter than it already has. I'm not saying there is anything there with Rezko and Ayers, but the appearance alone will coninue to put him on the defensive.
Total nonsense.

That assumes that McCain was ever going to hold back on that front. They are going to savage him (to whatever degree they can and it sticks) on those topics.

The only impact this pick has on that subject is to put question marks on both sides of the ticket.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
LMAO Thank you, McCain.

My father's girlfriend just said there's no way she's voting for McCain now. She said you can't complain about Obama's inexperience if you'd be willing to put Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

This was an unbelievably desperate move by McCain.

oldandslow
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Rob:

Turn up the sarcasm meter. I honestly think this was about the worse possible thing JM could have done. It takes away the one argument he had for winning the presidency.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Rob:

Turn up the sarcasm meter. I honestly think this was about the worse possible thing JM could have done. It takes away the one argument he had for winning the presidency.

IMHO, it doesn't take the argument away; people vote for President, not VP.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
LMAO Thank you, McCain.

My father's girlfriend just said there's no way she's voting for McCain now. She said you can't complain about Obama's inexperience if you'd be willing to put Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

This was an unbelievably desperate move by McCain.

That settles it then! McCain might as well give up now...

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Ms VP, can I put it in your butt?

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
That settles it then! McCain might as well give up now...

I think a lot of people are going to see this for what it is.

And I just think McCain mispronounced her name.

tk13
08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I think it's a ballsy pick, for sure. And way better than someone like Romney. He deserves kudos for picking a woman and going way outside the box.

It'll be interesting to see if it affects Hillary voters. It probably shouldn't, she's not Hillary at all. But she will appeal to some women voters probably. And it might appeal more to his base than he does.

The biggest concern is that Biden might eat her alive. Yeah she's got executive experience, but it's in freaking Alaska. That doesn't connect with anyone in the lower 48. The best argument you keep hearing in this thread is that she's hot. What?

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/teachvarsity3.jpg

Palin = Miss Davis

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I think it's a ballsy pick, for sure. And way better than someone like Romney. He deserves kudos for picking a woman and going way outside the box.

Ballsy I suppose, but it was nothing more than a plea to women voters. More desperate than anything. I think he wanted to soften up the GOP's image as well, which he certainly did.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Those are some interesting names.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
"... and that's what I did over my summer vacation!"

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Ditto.

Total nonsense.

That assumes that McCain was ever going to hold back on that front. They are going to savage him (to whatever degree they can and it sticks) on those topics.

The only impact this pick has on that subject is to put question marks on both sides of the ticket.

I agree, this thing will continue to brew. However, everytime he brings up the Palin dirt, his own associations will be thrown right back in his face. Politics as usual. Is that what he really wants, to hold the door open for this? I would assume not and that he wants to appear to be the campaign that attempts to take the high road. I would say they appear to be the "high road" campaign so far. Or maybe that's the only significant dirt they can scrounge up on either McCain or Palin?

Programmer
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM

Actually, it seems like they are getting things setup to elect a prom queen, as in who is the most popular "face" in the crowd.

Obama is a shining light, low wattage. That's all he has, it takes low power to get him shining in the eyes of the democrats. His one claim for the office is that he isn't Bush and that Bush is bad. Problem being Bush isn't running for office and even though Obama wants to compare McCain to Bush it isn't factual other than in the eyes of those that cannot change their views because of party affiliation.

Core hardline democrats are going to vote democrat regardless of who is running, likewise hardcore republicans will vote a straight ticket. There are a few inbetweeners that will vote based on things like chrisma and youth, others will vote on actual positions of the candidates. It's the inbetweeners that everyone is trying to sway. You can tell the liberals here have no idea of what McCain would do as president as well as the hardcore conservatives do not care what Obama has to say because he is democrat, they do not know what Obama could do as president.

I'm still waiting for a candidate that we can really see as a frontrunner. So far we have the race between the two slowest kids in the race.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:38 AM
She's definitely got some spunk.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
She's a pretty boring speaker. She'll have to work on that.

Dallas Chief
And I just think McCain mispronounced her name.

That's funny if he did!!!ROFLROFLROFL

Reminds me of Ted Kennedy mispronouncing Samy Sosa and Mark McGuire.:D So hilarious!!!

I can't watch it right now- at work.

Deberg_1990
She's definitely got some spunk.

and Shes sneaky HOT!!

tk13
Ballsy I suppose, but it was nothing more than a plea to women voters. More desperate than anything. I think he wanted to soften up the GOP's image as well, which he certainly did.
Well, that's for sure. I mean, you have to seriously consider this. It's a bad thing to say, but people consider this when they vote.... McCain is in his 70's, he is old. What happens if something happens to McCain, and this woman is president of the United States. You HAVE to consider that, unfortunately with any president in this age of terrorism. You definitely vote for President, but this woman will be one step away from president.

I mean, maybe she'll prove herself capable, I don't know much about her. I'm open minded about it. But to just dismiss her as McCain arm candy is a huge mistake. It's not the deciding factor, but I certainly take it seriously as a voter. If something happens to the president, is that VP going to be able to lead the country?

Ultra Peanut
She's definitely got some spunk.That's really ****ing patronizing.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
That's really ****ing patronizing.

Why? She seems like she's pretty darn feisty.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 11:42 AM
She just namedropped another one of the Keating Five. That seems smart.

Why? She seems like she's pretty darn feisty.Again with the patronizing.

keg in kc
Watching her speak, I'm not that impressed. And I'm a little surprised to see them continuing the same "McCain's a hero, Obama's a zero" tack after last night's speech. I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

DeezNutz
Changes the dynamic of the VP debates.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
She just namedropped another one of the Keating Five. That seems smart.

Again with the patronizing.

No, it isn't. It's a simple observation.

HolmeZz
I mean, maybe she'll prove herself capable, I don't know much about her. I'm open minded about it. But to just dismiss her as McCain arm candy is a huge mistake. It's not the deciding factor, but I certainly take it seriously as a voter. If something happens to the president, is that VP going to be able to lead the country?

I agree, and that's why I think this is going to hurt him with Independents. I already know a complete Republican(and a woman at that) who this was the last straw for.

McCain's whole case has been that Obama isn't experienced enough. This compromises that greatly and if McCain can't win on that point, I don't know what he expects to beat Obama on.

tk13
I think she should be staying out of this foreign policy stuff. This should be a rah-rah speech that introduces her to the public before she gets into issues. How can anyone bash Obama on experience when this woman appears out of nowhere from Alaska and starts talking about Iran. People need to know who she is first.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Palin playing the Hillary card.

How can anyone not see through this garbage?

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Holy crap.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
She sounds like a feminist. Cool.

Ultra Peanut
This is some of the most shameless shit I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

Changes the dynamic of the VP debates.Instead of ripping the veep to shreds, Biden will have to stick to ripping McCain to shreds and pretending Palin isn't even there.

HolmeZz
She sounds like a feminist. Cool.

What would you be saying if Obama said "black people of this country, unite behind me and let's crack this glass-ceiling!"?

keg in kc
08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
The intriguing thing to me is that this is now an historic election, either way a minority male or a female is going to be in the white house.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Same comments, different voices.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 11:47 AM
She sounds like a feminist. Cool.I know this is sarcasm, but no. **** no she's not.

penchief
08-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Yeah but he appears to be playing both sides of the experience vs. judgment issue.

It also somewhat undercuts his own claim about Obama's lack of experience while simultaneously bolstering Obama's claim about which candidate has the better judgment.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Same comments, different voices.

ROFLThe fact that you think Barack Obama and this cheap ploy to capitalize on identity politics are the same reflects incredibly poorly on your intelligence.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I know this is sarcasm, but no. **** no she's not.

It's not sarcasm. She apparently is a feminist.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
What would you be saying if Obama said "black people of this country, unite behind me and let's crack this glass-ceiling!"?

Did he?

irishjayhawk

I thought feminists don't like to take back seats to men. Last I checked, Vice President was a back seat.

Bootlegged
She has the Hussein crowd scared.

RINGLEADER
Why? She seems like she's pretty darn feisty.

I thought she gave a pretty good speech.

She has a much lower bar to clear than Obama on the foreign policy front but she does need to clear it.

HolmeZz
Sarah Palin's Foreign Policy:

"No issue stance yet recorded by OnTheIssues.org."

Talk about a blank slate.

DeezNutz
Instead of ripping the veep to shreds, Biden will have to stick to ripping McCain to shreds and pretending Palin isn't even there.

Exactly, but he'll still be forced to "play nice" to a certain extent, lest he risk being cast in a negative light.

Dems. better hope that Biden has stronger performances than his showing at the DNC, however, because that was pretty weak, especially compared to Hillary and Bill.

Ultra Peanut
It's not sarcasm. She apparently is a feminist.Yeah, opposing reproductive rights is one of the main tenets of feminism.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Did he?

No, you would've heard about it if he did.

Donger
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought feminists don't like to take back seats to men. Last I checked, Vice President was a back seat.

Only those feminists who hate men, it would seem.

DeezNutz

True. Feminism means being the most powerful one in the room. :spock:

keg in kc
She has the Hussein crowd scared.I don't know, the impression I get is that they're tickled pink about this.

irishjayhawk
Exactly, but he'll still be forced to "play nice" to a certain extent, lest he risk being cast in a negative light.

Dems. better hope that Biden has stronger performances than his showing at the DNC, however, because that was pretty weak, especially compared to Hillary and Bill.

To be fair, a former President and the last candidate to run against him in the own party but isn't running now are in the right to be more powerful.

What you don't want is a VP showing you up....

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
True. Feminism means being the most powerful one in the room. :spock:

It was a joke directed at Donger...

DeezNutz
The fact that you think Barack Obama and this cheap ploy to capitalize on identity politics are the same reflects incredibly poorly on your intelligence.

Really? I was referring to Obama?

The fact that you didn't understand whom I was alluding to doesn't speak well to yours.

DeezNutz
It was a joke directed at Donger...

My bad.

HolmeZz
Chuck Todd just brought up the best point.

Obama now gets to use Hillary as a surrogate who'll get a lot of face time, attacking Palin. Hillary can tear her a new one.

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't know, the impression I get is that they're tickled pink about this.

They were tickled pink yesterday about Romney, Pawlenty, etc. They know this adds the pissy Hilary crowd.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
To be fair, a former President and the last candidate to run against him in the own party but isn't running now are in the right to be more powerful.

What you don't want is a VP showing you up....

Bill's on a completely different level, but Hillary, whom many believe should have been the choice, is problematic.

Regardless, Biden was subpar. True believers, naturally, will disagree.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I agree, this thing will continue to brew. However, everytime he brings up the Palin dirt, his own associations will be thrown right back in his face. Politics as usual. Is that what he really wants, to hold the door open for this? I would assume not and that he wants to appear to be the campaign that attempts to take the high road. I would say they appear to be the "high road" campaign so far. Or maybe that's the only significant dirt they can scrounge up on either McCain or Palin?

They'll send Hillary after her. Not Obama.

Ultra Peanut

Obama now gets to use Hillary as a surrogate who'll get a lot of face time, attacking Palin. Hillary can tear her a new one.And Hillary has every reason to, even if going by purely selfish motivations.

"This upstart bitch is gonna steal my thunder? **** no!"

By doing so, she cements her place as a lioness of the party and plays a pivotal role in securing an election. Win-win.

HolmeZz

Obama showed he cared more about governing than winning. McCain did the opposite.

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not going to lie.

I wish she'd have ended her speech

"Penis Penis Penis! Vagina Vagina Vagina!"

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Bill's on a completely different level, but Hillary, whom many believe should have been the choice, is problematic.

Hillary bringing a strong speech to rally her base behind Obama is just as useful as Bill's level.

Biden can't get up there and "straight talk" before Obama gives his speech.

And anyway, are you suggesting that Bill and Hillary really DID show up Obama?

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Obama showed he cared more about governing than winning. McCain did the opposite.

I'm talking only about Biden's performance at the DNC.

But you really believe the Biden selection isn't all about winning? The long-time Wash. politician fits with Obama's early campaign message(s)? Surely you can't be serious...

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Hilary wants Obama to LOSE...so she can run in 4 years.

PRIEST
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Obama now gets to use Hillary as a surrogate who'll get a lot of face time, attacking Palin. Hillary can tear her a new one.

That's exactly what I was thinking , sorry about her luck Hillary with the 1st round KO!!

Ultra Peanut

But you really believe the Biden selection isn't all about winning? The long-time Wash. politician fits with Obama's early campaign message(s)? Surely you can't be serious...Golly, a guy who's been around the block CAN'T HELP OUT IN A "CHANGE" GOVERNMENT AT ALL! That's not an overly simplistic viewpoint!

DeezNutz
Hillary bringing a strong speech to rally her base behind Obama is just as useful as Bill's level.

Biden can't get up there and "straight talk" before Obama gives his speech.

And anyway, are you suggesting that Bill and Hillary really DID show up Obama?

?

No. We're talking only about Biden. Obama performed very, very well.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Hilary wants Obama to LOSE...so she can run in 4 years.If Obama loses, Hillary takes a huge chunk of the blame. She's can't run again in 2012, regardless.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM

But you really believe the Biden selection isn't all about winning? The long-time Wash. politician fits with Obama's early campaign message(s)? Surely you can't be serious...

He combats the experience charges to a degree, but it is not a plea for one particular state or one group of people.

If Obama was worried about just winning, Hillary was the easy choice. Biden has far less overall appeal compared to some of the choice he could've made.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Hillary loses her women's movement if Palin becomes VP(or even President if something happens to McCain).

irishjayhawk
?

No. We're talking only about Biden. Obama performed very, very well.

I was referring to how you seemed to think he should have been more assertive than Bill and Hillary.

I just don't see how that is possible. Could he have been stronger? Yes. But he isn't addressing the party (Bill) or swaying women (Hillary) nor is he running for President (Obama). I would think that his speech SHOULD be lowest on the totem poll.

PRIEST

You are kidding right? no way does Hilary let this Women make it to the white house Mc insane is libel to kick the bucket any time ROFL

DeezNutz
Golly, a guy who's been around the block CAN'T HELP OUT IN A "CHANGE" GOVERNMENT AT ALL! That's not an overly simplistic viewpoint!

You're right. I've seen the light.

Biden: The consummate agent for change.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 12:03 PM
You're right. I've seen the light.

Biden: The consummate agent for change.

You most certainly do have a point about Biden not jiving with the message of "Change" by definition.

Mr. Kotter

To some extent. The selection of Biden though, was more an attempt to neutralize the "experience" argument.

I think McCain understands that people vote for President, not the VP; so he chose to surprise folks with a choice that could only "help" him, though I'm not sure there is anyone out their in the Republican field that could help him. Palin won't hurt him though.

tk13
If Obama loses, Hillary takes a huge chunk of the blame. She's can't run again in 2012, regardless.
More importantly. If Obama loses, he might very well run again in 2012 on a platform of having more experience in seeing how Washington works.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I was referring to how you seemed to think he should have been more assertive than Bill and Hillary.

I just don't see how that is possible. Could he have been stronger? Yes. But he isn't addressing the party (Bill) or swaying women (Hillary) nor is he running for President (Obama). I would think that his speech SHOULD be lowest on the totem poll.

More assertive? Not necessarily. More polished, yes.

Biden, IMO, was very, very average.

Given all of the slobbering he's received from some of the posters on this forum, I would think there would be a hint of disappointment. As I write this, however, I should probably revise that thought: If one's that deep in the Kool-Aid to start, what actually happens probably doesn't matter much.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Interesting, the commentary around this suggests that the McCain campaign thought that despite the "kitchen sick" attacks on Obama personally, they realized couldn't win with a safe pick and hoping to be carried by "experience".

Surprising to me given the movement in the polls recently. I guess that might have plateaued.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
You most certainly do have a point about Biden not jiving with the message of "Change" by definition.

Of course it doesn't.

It's a selection to win and obviate concerns about Obama's "weaknesses." Does this mean it's not a good selection? No, not necessarily.

But claiming that Biden is part of Obama's quest for change is a joke.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Biden has far less overall appeal compared to some of the choice he could've made.

We don't disagree on this point.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
If Obama loses, Hillary takes a huge chunk of the blame. She's can't run again in 2012, regardless.

That's retarded. You are retarded. :rolleyes:

If Obama loses, she won't be blamed....after how she's fallen on her sword. She'll be the immediate favorite for the 2012 nomination if Obama fails. FWIW, I don't expect that to happen though....I'm just saying, "if it does..."

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:10 PM

You are never allowed to criticize another poster's analysis. Ever.

This comment is absurd.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Of course it doesn't.

It's a selection to win and obviate concerns about Obama's "weaknesses." Does this mean it's not a good selection? No, not necessarily.

But claiming that Biden is part of Obama's quest for change is a joke.

Biden served a few purposes. One, I think Obama likes working with him. Two, he combats the fears that Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM

This comment is absurd.

Hillary can run again, but I don't think she'll win, particularly if Palin has stolen her women's movement.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Biden served a few purposes. One, I think Obama likes working with him. Two, he combats the fears that Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

Hillary can run again, but I don't think she'll win, particularly if Palin has stolen her women's movement.

Ok. I'm getting worried because we're in complete agreement.

Palin has a LONG way to go to accomplish the latter, however.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
You won't be laughing if he puts Palin on the ticket.

2 days ago.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
He combats the experience charges to a degree, but it is not a plea for one particular state or one group of people.

If Obama was worried about just winning, Hillary was the easy choice. Biden has far less overall appeal compared to some of the choice he could've made.

Then why not pick her as the VP? I don't get it. Was it an ego thing? Obviously, everyone in the party loves her. If I'm running for POTUS, you bet your azz the only thing I am worried about is winning.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Barry's Foreign Policy:

Talk about a blank slate.

No doubt about that... fyp buddy

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 12:16 PM

This comment is absurd.You're one to talk.

She can run, sure. You can run, if you'd like. But if Obama loses, a lot of the blame falls squarely on her shoulders. She can't win under those circumstances.

Donger
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
She's the Governor of Alaska. Why would anyone expect her to have well-expressed foreign policy opinions at this point?

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
No doubt about that... fyp buddyOh hey, you're full of shit again. Good job, retard.

Barack Obama on Foreign Policy
Click here for 37 full quotes on Foreign Policy OR background on Foreign Policy.

* Meet with Cuban leaders only with agenda of US interests. (Feb 2008)
* Cuba: Loosen restrictions now; normalization later. (Feb 2008)
* Important to undo the damage of the last seven years. (Feb 2008)
* Never negotiate out of fear, and never fear to negotiate. (Jan 2008)
* Ok to postpone Pakistani elections, but not indefinitely. (Dec 2007)
* Pakistan crisis: secure nukes; continue with elections. (Dec 2007)
* President must abide by international human rights treaties. (Dec 2007)
* Obama Doctrine: ideology has overridden facts and reality. (Dec 2007)
* China is a competitor but not an enemy. (Dec 2007)
* Willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Il & Hugo Chavez. (Nov 2007)
* Wrote 2006 law stabilizing Congo with $52M. (Oct 2007)
* No Obama Doctrine; just democracy, security, liberty. (Oct 2007)
* Invest in our relationship with Mexico. (Sep 2007)
* Strengthen NATO to face 21st-century threats. (Aug 2007)
* $50B annually to strengthen weak states at risk of collapse. (Aug 2007)
* No "strategic ambiguity" on foreign policy issues. (Aug 2007)
* At college, protested for divestment from South Africa. (Aug 2007)
* Increased aid to Republic of Congo. (Aug 2007)
* Visited largest slum in Africa, to publicize its plight. (Aug 2007)
* My critics engineered our biggest foreign policy disaster. (Aug 2007)
* China is a competitor, but not an enemy. (Aug 2007)
* Meet with enemy leaders; it's a disgrace that we have not. (Jul 2007)
* No-fly zone in Darfur; but pay attention more in Africa. (Jun 2007)
* Europe & Japan are allies, but China is a competitor. (Apr 2007)
* Palestinian people suffer-but from not recognizing Israel. (Apr 2007)
* FactCheck: Palestinian suffering from stalled peace effort. (Apr 2007)
* Protested South African apartheid while at college. (Feb 2007)
* Focus on corruption to improve African development. (Oct 2006)
* Supports Israel's self-defense; but distrusted by Israelis. (Oct 2006)
* Visited Africa in 2006; encouraged HIV testing & research. (Oct 2006)
* Never has US had so much power & so little influence to lead. (Jul 2004)
* US policy should promote democracy and human rights. (Jul 2004)
* Sponsored aid bill to avert humanitarian crisis in Congo. (Dec 2005)
* Urge Venezuela to re-open dissident radio & TV stations. (May 2007)
* Let Ukraine & Georgia enter NATO. (Jan 2008)
* Condemn violence by Chinese government in Tibet. (Apr 2008)
* Sanction Mugabe until Zimbabwe transitions to democracy. (Apr 2008)

Taco John
08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
All I know is that the Ron Paul crowd was thrilled about this woman because she is supposedly a Libertarian who shares Ron Paul's view of US interventionism. I have no problem with her being on the McCain ticket. It's McCain who I have a problem with on the McCain ticket.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM

not any more.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Then why not pick her as the VP? I don't get it. Was it an ego thing? Obviously, everyone in the party loves her. If I'm running for POTUS, you bet your azz the only thing I am worried about is winning.

Obama wanted someone he can work with over the course of 4 to potentially 8 years. He and Hillary didn't get along in that capacity. He could've bit the bullet for the sake of winning, but he chose not to.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
You're one to talk.

She can run, sure. You can run, if you'd like. But if Obama loses, a lot of the blame falls squarely on her shoulders. She can't win under those circumstances.

You really need to explain how Obama can blame Hillary for his loss if he loses.

That sort of "logic" is absolutely stupid, IMHO.

She's done EVERYTHING she could/should reasonably do, under the circumstances of such a tight race, to kiss Barrack's ass and help get him elected.

She's been as good a "soldier" as anyone has a right to expect.

And, FTR....in case you've forgotten....personally, I can't stand the bitch.

Basileus777
08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't really see how Hillary supporters are going to be impressed by an anti-choice VP candidate.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't really see how Hillary supporters are going to be impressed by an anti-choice VP candidate.

That's the thing. Palin's not going to go out of her way to talk about that.

That's why Obama will need to put Hillary out there to criticize stances like that.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM

It's not just about abortion; abortion is way over-rated as a "decisive" issue....on both the right, and left.

SNR
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
All I know is that the Ron Paul crowd was thrilled about this woman because she is supposedly a Libertarian who shares Ron Paul's view of US interventionism. I have no problem with her being on the McCain ticket. It's McCain who I have a problem with on the McCain ticket.Great, so now if McCain is assassinated, people will accuse Paulites.

Awesome. We couldn't just lay low after the "don't taze me bro" guy, could we? :cuss:

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
You're one to talk.

:rolleyes:

No. There's no blame. If Obama loses, he'll have to own this, no one else. WTF are you talking about? No one is blaming someone NOT in the ****ing race.

Same goes for McCain. If he loses, it's b/c he wasn't a strong enough candidate.

For that matter, McCain would have the most logical argument for what you're saying: "I lost because W is unpopular, and people can't see past this." Even this would be a load of garbage.

The only way your assertion about Hillary has any validity whatsoever would be if she somehow became toxic for Obama on the campaign trail. Attacking him, saying unbelievably stupid stuff, etc. Such actions would cause people to speculate that she was sabotaging his campaign on purpose.

But this isn't going to happen. If the "one we've all been waiting for" fails, it's on him.

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/sarah_palin_02.jpg

The daughter has some nice jumblies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM

You don't even know what feminism is.

Dallas Chief
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Obama wanted someone he can work with over the course of 4 to potentially 8 years. He and Hillary didn't get along in that capacity. He could've bit the bullet for the sake of winning, but he chose not to.

So yeah. Ego. It's fine, we all have our reasons. Just seems like the dems would have done everything they could to seal the deal. I don't think Biden necessarily does that.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:51 PM
So yeah. Ego. It's fine, we all have our reasons.

You have a talking point for everything.

Donger
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Do you think that Palin is a feminist?

keg in kc
08-29-2008, 12:54 PM

The daughter has some nice jumblies.The little one looks like a spawn of satan.

Jilly
08-29-2008, 12:54 PM

ROFL The minute I saw this picture on CNN the first thing I thought was, "I bet someone on Chiefsplanet is gonna be all excited about that girls boobs!"

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
ROFL The minute I saw this picture on CNN the first thing I thought was, "I bet someone on Chiefsplanet is gonna be all excited about that girls boobs!"

That was precisely my reaction as well; apparently we spend too much time here. Heh.

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I went looking for pictures of Palin... then next thing you know I am searching for Porn!

See, McSame is going for the PORN vote!!!

RJ
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=Iowanian;4956862]I know nothing about this lady other than she'd be the first VP of the US that someone will want some upskirt shots. The first VPILF?
QUOTE]

The scary part is that if they win she'll be only a breath away from being the first PILF.

I think we all have to ask ourselves......Is America ready for a PILF?

Iowanian
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Given the effectiveness of "shiney" women in sales and marketing, I'd suggest that a low cut pant suit and she'd be the most effective foreign negotiator with crabby old men of the world, in quite some time.

She'll touch Putin's shoulder and call him hun, and he'll let the US put a missile shield in his back yard.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Iowanian;4956862]I know nothing about this lady other than she'd be the first VP of the US that someone will want some upskirt shots. The first VPILF?
QUOTE]

The scary part is that if they win she'll be only a breath away from being the first PILF.

LMAO

ROFL

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM

I figured you feminists would be excited about this pick.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Given the effectiveness of "shiney" women in sales and marketing, I'd suggest that a low cut pant suit and she'd be the most effective foreign negotiator with crabby old men of the world, in quite some time.

She'll touch Putin's shoulder and call him hun, and he'll let the US put a missile shield in his back yard.
Only if she agreed to NOT put a missile shield in her back yard, of Alaska that is.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
[quote=Iowanian;4956862]I know nothing about this lady other than she'd be the first VP of the US that someone will want some upskirt shots. The first VPILF?
QUOTE]

Why not? Women have been picking men because of their hair for decades.

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:07 PM

The tallest daughter is either preggers or a touch overweight. Both have pronounced effects on cup size. If she's not pregnant, I blame the dress. But I have seen more pregnant women in my lifetime than anyone I know and she looks it to me.

edit: nope, just overweight. The dress did a good job of hiding the love handles.... until I looked for them.

Programmer
08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
The tallest daughter is either preggers or a touch overweight. Both have pronounced effects on cup size. If she's not pregnant, I blame the dress. But I have seen more pregnant women in my lifetime than anyone I know and she looks it to me.

edit: nope, just overweight. The dress did a good job of hiding the love handles.... until I looked for them.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

I've seen better behavior from animals. All you guys are seeing are your next GILF. I guess it's the fantasy of the libs.

RJ
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
[quote=RJ;4957712]
Why not? Women have been picking men because of their hair for decades.

Is that why George Washington wore that wig?

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
All I know is that the Ron Paul crowd was thrilled about this woman because she is supposedly a Libertarian who shares Ron Paul's view of US interventionism. I have no problem with her being on the McCain ticket. It's McCain who I have a problem with on the McCain ticket.

You sound like me here. Although I'm not super well versed in Palin, she sounds exactly like the type of person I'd want in the white house. Also cool that she's both a woman and good looking. :)

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:18 PM

I've seen better behavior from animals. All you guys are seeing are your next GILF. I guess it's the fantasy of the libs.

I see Tom is back on his moral high horse. *yawn* Here's an idea Tom: While your up there, sodomize yourself with the pommel. We all know you have brokeback fantasies.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
You don't even know what feminism is.Yes, it is the active and agressive emasculation of men everywhere.

Rocky mountain oysters anyone?

I once had a "feminist/obvious butch" insist that I give her male rats for her snake. She got a devlilish grin on her face everytime she asked for it.

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
For the record I think McCain picked a great candidate, which is shocking I figured he'd take Loserman.

And from the looks of it here it seems the folks on the right like the pick, and the left hate it. Which is how it should be no?

RJ
08-29-2008, 02:25 PM
For the record I think McCain picked a great candidate, which is shocking I figured he'd take Loserman.

And from the looks of it here it seems the folks on the right like the pick, and the left hate it. Which is how it should be no?

I'm from the left and I think he made a very good choice in Palin.

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm from the left and I think he made a very good choice in Palin.

I could be wrong, you seem more like 2nd base as opposed to the last row of the upper deck left field crowd......:)

Logical
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
From one of the most moving speeches in the nation's history, to one of the most hilarious decisions.

Beautiful.Oh come on I bet she does an acceptance speech that DEnise will tell us shamed Obama's and then DEnise will officially move to vote for McCain.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:48 PM

I don't have any beef with Palin personally(nobody really should, she's not known).

The problem with the pick is that it's blatant/transparent pandering. I can see how it can be perceived as insulting to women.

Logical
08-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't know much about this lady, but for those that remember my checklist...she'll do well.

Mother, 5 kids
1 son in the military...she's not going to be seen as someone to abuse use of Military with a son in Active Duty Army.
She's got a special needs child...she'll have compassion for those with needs and difficulty
She's supportive of drilling and mining more resources from her home state of Alaska, INCLUDING ANWAR....McCain has been against that, but has been moving my way on Anwar.
She's Pro life
She hunts and fishes.....
economically conservative

Joe Biden smokes her in experience, especially foreign....though in an arguement for "change from the same old Washington"....Joe Biden has had over 30 years to change things, and has more than his fair share of gaffs.

I'd love for team ObombA to dismiss her living in a small community....Be as dismissive of small, rural communities as they can possibly be and discount her from not being from a "major state".I wonder if Cindy will pay for care for her special needs child since she won't be able to take care of those needs.

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM

I dont care if she's a touch overweight. She's still very cute. I actually like a little meat on chicks. Not really big, but some isnt bad. As long as she's 18 its all systems go!!!!!!!!!!!

Logical
http://www.palmerelks.org/images/wwp-photo2.jpgAlright, I am sure many of you want to ride that, but should she be on that kind of Bike in a skirt?:spock:

clemensol
I don't have any beef with Palin personally(nobody really should, she's not known).

The problem with the pick is that it's blatant/transparent pandering. I can see how it can be perceived as insulting to women.

It's especially insulting to women given the fact that of all the women McCain could've chosen, he chose a nobody whose only real advantage to the ticket is her physical appearence. Honestly, if Palin looked like Hillary, can anyone seriously claim that she would've been tapped for vp?

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Alright, I am sure many of you want to ride that, but should she be on that kind of Bike in a skirt?:spock:

Why's she grabbing her crotch?

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:54 PM

She looks like she's ready to be in one of those "my friends hot mom" porn videos....

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 02:54 PM

she just rode a powerful bike with her "lips" rubbing on a vibrating seat

you know why she's grabbing her crotch

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:55 PM
I dont care if she's a touch overweight. She's still very cute. I actually like a little meat on chicks. Not really big, but some isnt bad. As long as she's 18 its all systems go!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, I'm with you there. Don't get me wrong. I definitely don't have the stereotypical supermodel tastes. A good face and reasonable body is more than enough for me.

Logical
08-29-2008, 02:57 PM

The dems almost put a lady for President, whose only experience was being a president's wife, and a short term in Senate. Rudy was a candidate, and all he was, was mayor of some city...

Yes she will certainly makes sure the republicans win Alaska, Obama is probably pulling all the millions in ads he had slated for that state.

patteeu
08-29-2008, 02:58 PM

I was going to post a question about how long it would be before the unifiers on the left would start trying to "Quayle" Palin. But now I already know the answer.

Taco John
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM

Nah. That line isn't going to go very far. It's got no legs. The fact of the matter is that she was picked.

Logical
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
ROFl - Fox runs a banner that says

McCain taps Palin....

I doubt that, I would bet it would take so much Viagara that the country would face a shortage.

I also wonder if Cindy knows.

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes she will certainly makes sure the republicans win Alaska, Obama is probably pulling all the millions in ads he had slated for that state.

I remember when people speculated that Marc Racicot was a VP candidate for GWB. I was excited, because our Governor really did an excellent job here. He's just lousy on a federal level, now. Anyway, a lot of detractors said Montana didn't carry enough votes for him to select Racicot.

Logical
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM

I've seen better behavior from animals. All you guys are seeing are your next GILF. I guess it's the fantasy of the libs.Sorry you have lost those urges Tom, there is medication to help you with that.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry you have lost those urges Tom, there is medication to help you with that.

That is incredibly irresponsible. The last thing you need to do is encourage frank and beans to engage in an activity that could result in reproduction. Your actions here could have horrible consequences for us all.

patteeu
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I agree, and that's why I think this is going to hurt him with Independents. I already know a complete Republican(and a woman at that) who this was the last straw for.

McCain's whole case has been that Obama isn't experienced enough. This compromises that greatly and if McCain can't win on that point, I don't know what he expects to beat Obama on.

I question whether or not you really even know any "complete Republican(s)" seeing as how you live in Connecticut. :shrug: ;)

Mecca
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
That is incredibly irresponsible. The last thing you need to do is encourage frank and beans to engage in an activity that could result in reproduction. Your actions here could have horrible consequences for us all.

He'd probably put it in the cat.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
He'd probably put it in the cat.

so then we'd have an incredibly stupid cat who meowed too much

patteeu
08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
She has the Hussein crowd scared.

I, too, smell fear.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I know I'm scared, there might be a moose in my backyard.

Logical
08-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I, too, smell fear.Nah that is pussy, how you could miss it, is amazing.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 03:31 PM

ROFL

and noone to call in the squad

patteeu
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
not any more.

based on what?

Direckshun
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm sad nobody's made the reference that Palin popped out of McCain's birthday cake.

Woodrow Call
08-29-2008, 03:39 PM

Its your lucky day Mecca. After years of dreaming, we have a VP candidate qualified to handle such an emergency. We as a nation never have to fear a moose in our backyard again. This is one of those rare moments in politics where the experience meets the change we need.

Embrace this legandary and epic moment. Remember it always.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm sad nobody's made the reference that Palin popped out of McCain's birthday cake.

ROFL

that's awesome

Jenson71
08-29-2008, 04:39 PM
This is absolutely insane. This is such a ridiculous reach. I'm shocked. WHY IS THIS LADY SO CLOSE TO BEING THE LEADER OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Because, we need headlines and media attention.

KC Dan
08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
This is absolutely insane. This is such a ridiculous reach. I'm shocked. WHY IS THIS LADY SO CLOSE TO BEING THE LEADER OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Because, we need headlines and media attention.
The same holds true for Obama...

Jenson71
08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The same holds true for Obama...

No, this isn't the same. Obama won enough delegates. The people picked Obama. This lady was picked by a pandering political snake.

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Unless I've missed my guess, Colorado is no longer in play.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Unless I've missed my guess, Colorado is no longer in play.

Unless you're suggesting Obama has put it away, it's very much in play.

Reaper16
08-29-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.palmerelks.org/images/wwp-photo2.jpg
I guess Midnight_Vulture was right after all.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
I was going to post a question about how long it would be before the unifiers on the left would start trying to "Quayle" Palin. But now I already know the answer.

Not long. I was listening to Bill O'Reilly today and alot of people including conservatives from Alaska were calling in and saying this is just as bad as Quayle. He also had Bill Salmon on and the reaction was uhh very Quayle like.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I guess Midnight_Vulture was right after all.

HOLY ****ING SHIt

poST OF THE YEAR

:clap::clap:ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Do you think that Palin is a feminist?

Absolutely not.

She's about as much of a feminist as Phyllis Schafly is. The fact that she opposes gay marriage is conclusive proof of that. She can claim that she's a feminist by joining groups like Feminists for Life, but that makes her the feminist equivalent of a Log Cabin Republican.

Her stance on gay marriage fundamentally denies the gender roles that are paramount to third wave feminism. She's ascribing to a binary system of sex and gender that feminists would find repugnant.

One of the major reasons why a new wave of feminism emerged in the late 70's and through today has to do with the fact that the old feminist movement (50's and 60's) served only white women. It didn't address issues of race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Palin is an archaic choice. She's Patricia Heaton in the VP slot.

And for the f*cktards who are flying around like gnats in this thread:

Feminists don't hate men. Some individual feminists do, like Andrea Dworkin, but she has been so marginalized by her own hate speech that she's not even considered a relevant opinion any more.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 07:08 PM
The same holds true for Obama...Beauty queen, president of the Harvard Law review.
TV anchor, senior lecturer at the University of Chicago.
Mayor of a town of 8,000, state senator from Chicago.
Picked by one man interested in his "maverick" image, selected by 18,000,000 primary voters.

Totally the same qualifications, and totally the same circumstances. Oh, wait. NO.

This is pandering to its very core. Obama didn't decide to run so he could pander. Hillary might have done some pandering, but her entire reason for running wasn't to pander. Libby Dole didn't run in order to pander. Palin? This pretty face from the edge of the earth, whose very first speech talks about "joining me to shatter the glass ceiling that had 18 million cracks in it," is absolute lowest of the low shit.

This is as cynical a move as I've ever seen.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 07:17 PM

Because, we need headlines and media attention.B-b-b-b-but MAVERICK. STRAIGHT TALK EXPRESS.