PDA

View Full Version : Elections Cheerleader question

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone watching will see a few HS cheerleaders wearing uniforms and chanting "John McCain" in their uniforms.

Assuming they are public school uniforms (and students) is that legal?

Sure they girls can do that, but in the school uniform?

Maybe, just seemed weird.

I assume they are private schools and could do whatever they want. But how does that work if they are public schools?

Bootlegged
08-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Dude. Seriously. Really seriously. Get a ****ing life.

Donger
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Anyone watching will see a few HS cheerleaders wearing uniforms and chanting "John McCain" in their uniforms.

Assuming they are public school uniforms (and students) is that legal?

Sure they girls can do that, but in the school uniform?

Maybe, just seemed weird.

I assume they are private schools and could do whatever they want. But how does that work if they are public schools?

Jeez, jAZ. Stop ogling the teenage girls.

Hoover
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes its legal.

I've organized a rally with Bush in a high school where the band played, the cheer leaders warmed up the crowd and the captains of the football team introduced the president.

You have to rent the facility but they don't have to participate if they don't want too

Amnorix
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not 100% sure I understand. Please provide photographic evidence (close ups preferred) of what you're talking about.

RINGLEADER
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm not 100% sure I understand. Please provide photographic evidence (close ups preferred) of what you're talking about.

ROFL.

Seriously, jAZ, the Dems claim McCain makes issues out of nothing points like the Obama-Wright connection or the Obama-Ayers connection and you're ready to start legal proceedings over Cheerleader-gate? OMG.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes its legal.

I've organized a rally with Bush in a high school where the band played, the cheer leaders warmed up the crowd and the captains of the football team introduced the president.

You have to rent the facility but they don't have to participate if they don't want too

Exactly who I thought might know. Thanks!

Seems somewhat questionable in that I assume the uni's are public property, but then again, so are the high school gyms they often use.

jAZ
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
ROFL.

Seriously, jAZ, the Dems claim McCain makes issues out of nothing points like the Obama-Wright connection or the Obama-Ayers connection and you're ready to start legal proceedings over Cheerleader-gate? OMG.
This has nothing to do with McCain other than watching their thing got me wondering. I'm sure it's something that both partys have done. I'm just wanting to know what the story is, and how the law works.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
This has nothing to do with McCain other than watching their thing got me wondering. I'm sure it's something that both partys have done. I'm just wanting to know what the story is, and how the law works.

Pure speculation but I think it has to do with the school sponsoring the trip. If so, it's illegal.

I also think that if they make it mandatory, it is illegal.

RINGLEADER
08-29-2008, 10:51 AM

I retract my ROFL.