PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues John McSame goes for cheap pop with VP selection

Mr. Laz
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
i mean basically he just picked the woman to try and swipe the pissed off hillary people.

NRA,Pro-life and female

3 things that sum up this selection imo

MGRS13
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Hillary, like her or not, was qualified to be POTUS. Paulin? It's embarassing That Mcsame believes any woman, simply because shes a woman, is a comparison. It'll be even more embarassing for those women who supported Hillary if they fall for it.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Hillary, like her or not, was qualified to be POTUS. Paulin? It's embarassing That Mcsame believes any woman, simply because shes a woman, is a comparison. It'll be even more embarassing for those women who supported Hillary if they fall for it.

Some will be saying the same about the more important choice at the top of the ticket....and Obama comes out on the short-end of the discussion if that's the direction they want to take the conversation.

Not wise on their part, IMHO.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM

Whats embarrising is people thinking Barack Obama is qualified to be the POS.

Basileus777
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Some will be saying the same about the more important choice at the top of the ticket....and Obama comes out on the short-end of the discussion if that's the direction they want to take the conversation.

Not wise on their part, IMHO.

Obama doesn't have to go out on the offensive with this issue, it has an impact because it essentially nullifies the argument that McCain has run his entire campaign on.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM

Your candidate just threw this talking point out the window. Find something else to scare people with.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Whats embarrising is people thinking Barack Obama is qualified to be the POS.Palin is more qualified then Barack Hussein.

Calcountry
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Obama doesn't have to go out on the offensive with this issue, it has an impact because it essentially nullifies the argument that McCain has run his entire campaign on.Well, she is for change, and she brings new HOPE to conservatives.

She hunts, she fishes, she bears children, she is woman worth keeping.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Palin is more qualified then Barack Hussein.hilarious!

HolmeZz
Palin is more qualified then Barack Hussein.

Than.

And incorrect.

KC Dan
Your candidate just threw this talking point out the window. Find something else to scare people with.
If the VP decision was used by most Americans in their decision making for whom to vote for - I'd agree. However, you know that isn't true. We vote for the President and Obama has a huge experience void. That won't be undone by a VP choice. And, please don't give me that heartbeat away crap argument. No one votes for a ticket with that in mind. This election is all about Obama and McCain not Biden and Palin.

Mr. Kotter
Boy, there are some stupid people in this world.

People vote for PRESIDENT, not Vice President.

If the VP decision was used by most Americans in their decision making for whom to vote for - I'd agree. However, you know that isn't true. We vote for the President and Obama has a huge experience void. That won't be undone by a VP choice. And, please don't give me that heartbeat away crap argument. No one votes for a ticket with that in mind. This election is all about Obama and McCain not Biden and Palin.

You beat me to it, KCDan. :thumb:

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM

You can't criticize Obama for not having enough experience and then be fine with Palin a heartbeat away from the office.

It's intellectually dishonest and hypocritical. It's as simple as that.

McCain traded away his best talking point for a shot at Hillary's voters.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
People vote for PRESIDENT, not Vice President.
In the past probably but you have to consider the VP in this election. One of the candidates is 73 years old with a history of cancer. The other is a black man that will more than likely have a few attempts to take his life.

KC Dan
08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
You can't criticize Obama for not having enough experience and then be fine with Palin a heartbeat away from the office.

Yes, I can because I vote for the President not the VP as do a majority of US voters.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Palin is more qualified then Barack Hussein.

Thats for dam sure... The libs are just doing a slow burn right about now.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, I can because I vote for the President not the VP as do a majority of US voters.

You're comfortable with Palin potentially being President?

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Ok. But if this is true, McCain also just took away Obama's argument about being the candidate for change.

It works both ways. If Palin obviates charges against Obama of inexperience, she also strengthens her own ticket's argument of change and independence.

Looking at it this way, it's a wash.

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM

:clap:

Chief Henry
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
You're comfortable with Palin potentially being President?

I'm NOT comfortable with Barry as President.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
In the past probably but you have to consider the VP in this election. One of the candidates is 73 years old with a history of cancer. The other is a black man that will more than likely have a few attempts to take his life.

It's all hot air. People vote for the President.

You don't trade Brett Favre and Clemens for Croyle and Huard if you are the Jets.....at least this year. (Too bad for the Chiefs....maybe :hmmm: )

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Ok. But if this is true, McCain also just took away Obama's argument about being the candidate for change.

It works both ways. If Palin obviates charges against Obama of inexperience, she also strengthens her own ticket's argument of change and independence.

Looking at it this way, it's a wash.

Excellent point.

PRIEST
08-29-2008, 11:46 AM

It would not matter any other time but Mccain is 100 years old :spock:

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM

:spock: Huh? Change is about policy, not having a vagina.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
It's all hot air. People vote for the President.

You don't trade Brett Favre and Clemens for Croyle and Huard if you are the Jets.....at least this year. (Too bad for the Chiefs....maybe :hmmm: )Can not be related to football.

If people do not look at the VP then they need to start. As time goes on the VP will be much more involved in affairs that have a direct impact on our country.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Can not be related to football.

If people do not look at the VP then they need to start. As time goes on the VP will be much more involved in affairs that have a direct impact on our country.

I've been watching politics for nearly 35 years now. Every election it's the same. "The VP choice is going to be/should be really important, this time!" Nothing has changed.

Kennedy's choice of LBJ is, arguably, the ONLY VP choice in recent history that has mattered one iota....on election day.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM

You need to read a bit up on Palin....if you think that's all she brings.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I've been watching politics for nearly 35 years now. Every election it's the same. "The VP choice is going to be/should be really important, this time!" Nothing has changed.

Kennedy's choice of LBJ is, arguably, the ONLY VP choice in recent history that has mattered one iota....on election day.

Then McCain shouldn't have picked someone who compromises the sole argument of his campaign.

DeezNutz
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM

And she fits with this.

But image, for both sides, is incredibly important, and both are running historic campaigns; this seems like a component of change to me.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Then McCain shouldn't have picked someone who compromises the sole argument of his campaign.

She doesn't; expect to folks who mistakenly think the VP choice matters.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
You need to read a bit up on Palin....if you think that's all she brings.

That's precisely why she was picked. She doesn't offer change from a policy standpoint. McCain just didn't want to look like the bad guy by being the one opposing Obama's historic candidacy. This was a way of deflecting that. That's all it was.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:56 AM

She does, except to folks who want to mistakenly pretend it doesn't.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:56 AM
That's precisely why she was picked. She doesn't offer change from a policy standpoint. McCain just didn't want to look like the bad guy by being the one opposing Obama's historic candidacy. This was a way of deflecting that. That's all it was.

Like I said, you need to read up on Palin; she is not a W/Cheney type Republican. She's pretty reform-minded. The neocon wing of the party is probably not real happy with this choice.

KC Dan
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
For giggles, let's compare the experience of the VP and the Pres choices:

In charge of and managed a city as Mayor:
Palin - Yes
Obama - No

In charge of and managed a state as Govenor:
Palin - Yes
Obama - No

So much for the experience argument being muted. How about some real intellectually honest debate.....

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
She does, except to folks who want to mistakenly pretend it doesn't.

Read what political science folks have studied about the "impact" of VP choices. LBJ was the last choice of real significance. It's out there if you choose to search for it and educate yourself.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
She's pretty reform-minded. The neocon wing of the party is probably not real happy with this choice.

She's not there to reform anything. She's there because she has a vagina. You're acting as if this wasn't as transparent as it was.

KC Dan
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
She's not there to reform anything. She's there because she has a vagina. You're acting as if this wasn't as transparent as it was.
and I suppose Obama is there because he's black by your logic. You're a joke....

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Read what political science folks have studied about the "impact" of VP choices. LBJ was the last choice of real significance. It's out there if you choose to search for it and educate yourself.

We had moved on to a separate argument.

I'm talking about this hurting McCain from a political standpoint(the compromising of his sole argument), not an electoral one.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM
We had moved on to a separate argument.

I'm talking about this hurting McCain from a political standpoint(the compromising of his sole argument), not an electoral one.

How can it hurt him when VP doesn't really matter? :spock:

(at least not very much.....)

:shake:

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
and I suppose Obama is there because he's black by your logic. You're a joke....

Uh, Obama won a friggin' contest.

BigChiefFan
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
V. P doesn't matter??-tell it to Cheney.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 12:03 PM
How can it hurt him when VP doesn't really matter? :spock:

(at least not very much.....)

:shake:

It compromises McCain's main talking point. That's where it hurts him.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
It compromises McCain's main talking point. That's where it hurts him.

Guess we'll see. I'll be surprised if it does (athough not shocked....given McCain's weaknesses otherwise.)

Bill Parcells
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
i mean basically he just picked the woman to try and swipe the pissed off hillary people.

Yep, he's trying to make this a historic election. because we know that if Hillary wasn't married to Bubba, and Obama wasn't black they both surely would have been in the mix regardless.

BigCatDaddy
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Smart play by McCain. He just tossed a line out to the pissed of Hillary women, he has a better shot of realling in more votes with Palin then anyone else and he also stole away the momentum Obama's speech had built up with this shocker. Was Pawlenty or Romney really going to bring in any more votes? No. Can Palin? Maybe.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Yep, he's trying to make this a historic election. because we know that if Hillary wasn't married to Bubba, and Obama wasn't black they both surely would have been in the mix regardless.
good point .... if Hillary wasn't married to Bill Clinton she wouldn't be anywhere in politics imo.

But i still think being Bi-Racial hurts Obama more than helps him.

Palin got picked because she has a vagina

Also i don't see how McSame can use the inexperience factor about Obama now nearly as effectively since he just picked a rookie VP candidate.

Bill Parcells
08-29-2008, 04:39 PM
good point .... if Hillary wasn't married to Bill Clinton she wouldn't be anywhere in politics imo.

But i still think being Bi-Racial hurts Obama more than helps him.

Palin got picked because she has a vagina

Also i don't see how McSame can use the inexperience factor about Obama now nearly as effectively since he just picked a rookie VP candidate.

Absolutely, no doubt Palin got picked for her gash and good looks. the timing was great too, the morning after your hero accepted the nomination. both historic events, one drowning out the other.

But poor Joe Biden, he's in a no win situation. he can't attack Palin, it's a lose lose strategy. I wonder how that brilliant man Obama will go after her? he certainly wouldn't hire Hillary as a bounty hunter, that would look desperate.

This was a good move by McCain regardless.

memyselfI
08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Absolutely, no doubt Palin got picked for her gash and good looks. the timing was great too, the morning after your hero accepted the nomination. both historic events. one drowning out the other.

But poor Joe Biden, he's in a no win situation. he can't attack Palin, it's a lose lose strategy. I wonder how that brilliant man Obama will go after her? he certainly wouldn't hire Hillary as a bounty hunter, that would look desperate.

This was a good move by McCain regardless.

I bet she will be able to handle her own. The woman hunts for God's sake. It's not like she's afraid to shoot to kill.

I agree it was a good move for McCain. If he's going to lose he's going down with a historical fight of his own.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I bet she will be able to handle her own. The woman hunts for God's sake. It's not like she's afraid to shoot to kill.

I agree it was a good move for McCain. If he's going to lose he's going down with a historical fight of his own.

wow ... compliments for the religious right VP candidate :eek:

well at least now it makes some sense

you're uber pissed off that Obama beat a woman out for the nomination and that's what you want.

apparently ANY woman is good enough

female nazi comes to mind

i guess McSame did gain at least 1 vote by pulling this cheap stunt with a chick for VP. :shake:

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Holy cow watch this video from Cafferty on CNN. He received over 11,000 emails in a couple of hours and a majority of them were laughing at this pick and saying the race is all but over.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6MVmv1OY6Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM

I guess that besides eight years in the Illinois State senate, 3+ years as US senator and 12 years of teaching constitutional law counts for nothing, right?

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Great logic. :shake:

If you're going to lose, go down in flames...

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
you're uber pissed off that Obama beat a woman out for the nomination and that's what you want.

He didn't beat her. C'mon, the DNC primary was a disaster the way they ran that thing.

B.O. has never won a fair fight. Never. Look at his track record.

BigCatDaddy
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Holy cow watch this video from Cafferty on CNN. He received over 11,000 emails in a couple of hours and a majority of them were laughing at this pick and saying the race is all but over.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6MVmv1OY6Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Have you ever read the "comments" posted by people on CNN.Com? If you have, you would not be surprsied. It's usually about 9-1 from a Liberal or Democrat.

J Diddy
08-29-2008, 06:46 PM
He didn't beat her. C'mon, the DNC primary was a disaster the way they ran that thing.

B.O. has never won a fair fight. Never. Look at his track record.

wha?

he didnt beat her?

you need to change your name to SHT4BRAINS