HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Straight forward.

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Don't forget the gaz option.

eazyb81
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Leaning towards McCain at this point, but I'm still on the fence.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm voting for Obama, I was before but cmon man how low can McCain go, he picks a woman VP just to pander to try to get women to vote for him.

Hog Farmer
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I really like Barr, but I can't bring myself to waste a vote.

Have to vote AGAINST Hussein.

Logical
I always felt there was no VP pick that could get me to vote for McCain but there were some pick mainly Rudy that could get me to vote Obama. Palin just cause Barr to lose a vote.

Taco John
I want to hear Palin talk about Iraq. Right now, I'm of the mind to stay home.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Too early for this poll; at a minimum it should be after the Republican convention.

It won't mean much until the first or second week of October.

Programmer
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Do you really expect anything but partisan selections?

My forcast for this poll is that Obama will be ahead when / if the poll closes.

There is a decided majority of liberals here that will put him in the lead. The good news would be that America is not as off balanced as this forum.

Programmer
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM

If you had a mind that is still where you should stay.

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Oh if Palin comes out as even just a moderate libertarian who is on my correct side of foreign policy, that would motivate my out of the stay at home option.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:17 PM

And a guy who reads Dongers posts and enjoys them.......tool.

Donger
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Still much more of a vote against rather than for, but I like what I have seen of Palin so far.

RJ
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh if Palin comes out as even just a moderate libertarian who is on my correct side of foreign policy, that would motivate my out of the stay at home option.

I'm curious why that would sway you. Are you figuring McCain to not make it through two terms if he wins?

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm curious why that would sway you. Are you figuring McCain to not make it through two terms if he wins?

Precisely. I mean, I really doubt he makes it the full 8 years. Legitimately and totally sincerely.

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM

For me, I can't stand McCain, so his VP pick would be who I would vote for. He'd either set this person up for the next election, or if his age caught up with him......

So far I really like the Palin pick. Need time to research though.

And I wouldn't vote for Barack Hussein (hap tip to Donger) if you put a gun to my head.

Programmer
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Precisely. I mean, I really doubt he makes it the full 8 years. Legitimately and totally sincerely.

Who is to say that he would run again? Or win again?

What if he passes away in office, would Palin win?

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:26 PM

You see, I took these classes called history. In them, you find a revealing characteristic about elections. The incumbents have an almost insurmountable chance to lose if they are half competent.

Logical
Too early for this poll; at a minimum it should be after the Republican convention.

It won't mean much until the first or second week of October.Honestly Rob do you think anything will really change on this BB?

HolmeZz
For me, I can't stand McCain, so his VP pick would be who I would vote for. He'd either set this person up for the next election, or if his age caught up with him......

So far I really like the Palin pick. Need time to research though.

And I wouldn't vote for Barack Hussein (hap tip to Donger) if you put a gun to my head.

You've never criticized Obama's 'lack of experience'?

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:27 PM

He's using a Donger line are you really going to question his intelligence level and logic rendering ability?

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Honestly Rob do you think anything will really change on this BB?

LMAO

Yeah, he's acting as if there's going to be some kind of Chiefsplanet bounce.

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM

I probably have. And in the experience category she has him whipped. Dems would be smart to keep the argument away from experience......

SBK
08-29-2008, 02:29 PM
He's using a Donger line are you really going to question his intelligence level and logic rendering ability?

Hey now.......I should have added a :) instead of hattipping Donger. :D

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Honestly Rob do you think anything will really change on this BB?

There are enough of us on the fence, things could change between now and election day....yes. At least in the public; on the board? I doubt it.

Hardcore partisans on both sides won't change; but libertarians, true independents and moderates, and some disenchanted "I'm not voting" types could....they will be making up their minds over the next 8-9 weeks.

I'm guessing about 10-15% of voters are still "in-play."

That's what the next 8-9 weeks will be about. McCain will need to win about 2 ourt of three of them....since registered and partisan Dems outnumber registered and partisan Reps.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I probably have. And in the experience category she has him whipped. Dems would be smart to keep the argument away from experience......

Yea Alaska is a tough state to govern......she has to herd the moose...

RJ
08-29-2008, 02:38 PM

Yeah, you're probably right. Personally I can't see voting for a candidate I don't believe can make it through eight years but I gues if I liked his VP enough I could.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM
And in the experience category she has him whipped.

Your intellectual dishonesty is amazing.

Watching you all flip on what experience really means is comical. Keep it up.

Programmer
08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
You see, I took these classes called history. In them, you find a revealing characteristic about elections. The incumbents have an almost insurmountable chance to lose if they are half competent.

Not what I asked. I wasn't asking about history. I asked:

McCain may decide one term is enough. He could die in office, he is up there in age.

History, George H.W. Bush lost after a four year term. Is that part of history not in the books?

alpha_omega
08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Gaz.

come on HolmeZz...you have 14K+ posts...you should know that is a required choice.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Gaz.

come on HolmeZz...you have 14K+ posts...you should know that is a required choice.

That option is waning since he hasn't posted in years at this point.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Gaz.

I was gonna put the Gaz option, but I kinda wanted this to be semi-serious.

Nightfyre
08-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Not what I asked. I wasn't asking about history. I asked:

McCain may decide one term is enough. He could die in office, he is up there in age.

History, George H.W. Bush lost after a four year term. Is that part of history not in the books?
George W Bush won a second term. That pretty much tells me all I need to know. Additionally, if you look back throughout history, the incumbent has a strong advantage going into their second term. Further still, if McCain died, Palin would take office, which is why casting my vote for McCain would make sense if I liked Palin. You're not too bright are you?

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
If I had to choose, I'm going with Obama.

I don't love either, but Obama is 10x the candidate McCain is.

I don't think staying home is a good use of democracy. Even if you write someone in, you should go vote.

Reaper16
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Obv. Obama/Biden for me.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
And in the experience category she has him whipped. That is very laughable. She had less than two years at a position of any meaning and that is for as state that has a smaller population than many cities in the US.

That would be like saying that a manager at Starbuks has the experience to run Microsoft.

Logical
08-29-2008, 03:27 PM
There are enough of us on the fence, things could change between now and election day....yes. At least in the public; on the board? I doubt it.

Hardcore partisans on both sides won't change; but libertarians, true independents and moderates, and some disenchanted "I'm not voting" types could....they will be making up their minds over the next 8-9 weeks.

I'm guessing about 10-15% of voters are still "in-play."

That's what the next 8-9 weeks will be about. McCain will need to win about 2 ourt of three of them....since registered and partisan Dems outnumber registered and partisan Reps.

If you really believe there are 10-15% that might switch do the poll again after the Republican convention. I mean that is the timing you are suggesting for the change.

Frankie
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm voting for Obama, I was before but cmon man how low can McCain go, he picks a woman VP just to pander to try to get women to vote for him.

McCain the rebel, McCain the maverick, the straight talk express, has done NOTHING BUT pandering anf flip-flop throughout this campaign. It's amazing how much shit he is forgiven because he was once a POW.:shake:

Guru
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
This poll is a complete waste of time as we know where the majority of votes will lie without it even being created.

penchief
08-29-2008, 03:55 PM

If you want to vote against Hussein you can vote for Obama. Who is this Hussein guy anyway?

BucEyedPea
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I need Mac's health report. If bad...I could go out to vote instead of staying home for Palin. :eek:

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I need Mac's health report. If bad...I could go out to vote instead of staying home for Palin. :eek:

You said you hated gender politics.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
This poll is a complete waste of time as we know where the majority of votes will lie without it even being created.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the history of this forum, but it used to be overwhelmingly conservative.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the history of this forum, but it used to be overwhelmingly conservative.

That's what I was going to say, I seem to remember being very much a minority through the Bush elections...now that it isn't that way now they seem offended.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
You said you hated gender politics.

I do. This is not because she's a woman. But because of her views, based on what I've seen so far....which was on YouTube. She's for curbing the growth of govt. If a guy said that then I'd feel the same. She fought corruption. Need to hear her views on wars/interventions started for either progressive reasons or for resources. And I have not decided to vote for this ticket either.

BTW, I just checked to re-read my post you responded too. That was tic...not serious at all.
Now if they reversed the ticket...then hmmmm?

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Women are the largest voting bloc, so I can see the strategy in "pandering" to them.

With that said, out of Biden, McCain, B.O., and Palin, I like her the most.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I do.

Well that was the whole point of her selection. I'm sure you'd agree.

This is not because she's a woman. But because of her views, based on what I've seen so far....which was on YouTube. She's for curbing the growth of govt.

Eh, McCain and Obama both talk about cutting government in some shape or form. Talk is cheap.

Need to hear her views on wars/interventions started for either progressive reasons or for resources. And I have not decided to vote for this ticket either.

This is the big problem. I see conservatives praising her(knowing there's a potential she could be President) despite the fact they know zilch about any foreign policy stances she has(or stances on much of anything for that matter). Barack got called a blank slate by his detractors despite the fact he had positions that were on the public record. She has nothing.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
That is very laughable. She had less than two years at a position of any meaning and that is for as state that has a smaller population than many cities in the US.

That would be like saying that a manager at Starbuks has the experience to run Microsoft.

Yep right on.

She has only been Gov for 1 1/2 years but that equals more experience than Obama LMAO

wazu
08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I always felt there was no VP pick that could get me to vote for McCain but there were some pick mainly Rudy that could get me to vote Obama. Palin just cause Barr to lose a vote.

Same here. Palin just nudged me squarely into the McCain camp. I just wish the order on the ticket were reversed.

Guru
08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
That's what I was going to say, I seem to remember being very much a minority through the Bush elections...now that it isn't that way now they seem offended.
I'm not offended. I just find the poll useless considering the current state of DC. And no, I was not in this forum when it evidently was more conservative.

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
And no, I was not in this forum when it evidently was more conservative.

ROFL

banyon
08-29-2008, 06:46 PM
No one should stay home. Local elections are usually more important to your daily life than national ones. Just leave President blank if that's your goal.

Guru
08-29-2008, 07:40 PM
No one should stay home. Local elections are usually more important to your daily life than national ones. Just leave President blank if that's your goal.
I wish the idiots that only vote based on name recognition would stay the hell at home.

VAChief
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Do you really expect anything but partisan selections?

My forcast for this poll is that Obama will be ahead when / if the poll closes.

There is a decided majority of liberals here that will put him in the lead. The good news would be that America is not as off balanced as this forum.

Damn those biased, liberal midwestern sports fans!

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I wish the idiots that only vote based on name recognition would stay the hell at home.

Having such low standards for public awareness and involvement is what's gotten us to this point.

Guru
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Having such low standards for public awareness and involvement is what's gotten us to this point.
It kills me how many people don't give a damn anymore. I understand why but it still doesn't make it right.

banyon
08-29-2008, 08:29 PM
It kills me how many people don't give a damn anymore. I understand why but it still doesn't make it right.

Over the years and after traveling around the world a bit, I've come to the conclusion that one of the biggest reasons for this is because of our abandonment of public spaces here. Town squares have dried up, and "public houses" (pubs) have gone away. In other parts of the world a pub is a gathering place to discuss affairs of the area and the world. Many of the places I went had no or little music, and were fairly well lit. In America, bars are dark, dank places where you try to drink enough so that other people appear attractive enough to go home with for the evening.

I swear it makes a big difference. The average person I encountered, even in Eastern Europe was just way more knowledgeable about what was going on in the world. People were impressed that I was an American and actually knew things. They just assumed I would be like most of the people they met and I didn't know about anything but my own country.

Anyway, that's my soapbox. Unfortunately I don't know a good way to remedy this problem other than better community planning and a concerted effort to get people civicly involved. It's a little depressing indeed.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Over the years and after traveling around the world a bit, I've come to the conclusion that one of the biggest reasons for this is because of our abandonment of public spaces here. Town squares have dried up, and "public houses" (pubs) have gone away. In other parts of the world a pub is a gathering place to discuss affairs of the area and the world. Many of the places I went had no or little music, and were fairly well lit. In America, bars are dark, dank places where you try to drink enough so that other people appear attractive enough to go home with for the evening.

I swear it makes a big difference. The average person I encountered, even in Eastern Europe was just way more knowledgeable about what was going on in the world. People were impressed that I was an American and actually knew things. They just assumed I would be like most of the people they met and I didn't know about anything but my own country.

Anyway, that's my soapbox. Unfortunately I don't know a good way to remedy this problem other than better community planning and a concerted effort to get people civicly involved. It's a little depressing indeed.

I actually noticed that abroad as well.

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 08:31 PM

An eligible voter doesn't have to have a reason. They can vote for whoever they want, for whatever reason.

That's how it works in a democracy.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
This poll is a complete waste of time as we know where the majority of votes will lie without it even being created.I found it pretty illuminating.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Orange, do you really want to vote for a ticket that has two super-conservatives just to spite the guy who dethroned your homegirl Hilldawg?

Cannibal
08-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Of course the amorphus blob chose "other". God her life = EPIC FAIL.

Logical
08-29-2008, 10:03 PM
What this poll shows me is that most of the conservatives did not follow over to DC. I guarantee among the overall BB population they far outnumber the liberals.

Smed1065
08-29-2008, 10:49 PM

http://scosoft.com/h/g/6b7c14e2.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2008, 10:50 PM
What this poll shows me is that most of the conservatives did not follow over to DC. I guarantee among the overall BB population they far outnumber the liberals.

Probably by 5-1.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
and you wonder why I have to post the way I do.... crazy liberals run this shit.

You post the way you do because you are a stupid sonofabitch. If someone shot you in the head with a bullet made from freshly mined lead ore, it would have been the only original thing that ever went through your head in your entire pathetic existence.

HolyHandgernade
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I actually voted for McCain in the California Republican primary eight years ago when he was running against Bush. But, these days, I'm voting with my vested interests:

As President, NATCA (National Air Traffic Controllers Assn.) will have a partner in the White House. Together, we can fix our nation's aviation system and tackle the challenges we face - from the damaging effect flight delays have on our lives and our economy to recent safety concerns. I applaud the work NATCA does day in and day out to strengthen our aviation system and keep Americans safe, and I look forward to working with its members going forward."

-Sen. Barack Obama, June 5, 2008

Ugly Duck
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM

Naw... you voted for Bush & you'll do the same again this year. Eventually, after much fence-sitting, you'll declare that the Democrats couldn't manage to offer anyone that you could vote for so you were forced to put the Repubs back in office one more time. Then you'll smack 'em around for being awful & say you'll do it differently next time.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
I want to hear Palin talk about Iraq.

Good luck with that. I've been looking around for stuff and haven't gotten much. I've heard a few people in the media say that she doesn't know much of anything about foreign affairs so she doesn't do much commenting on them, as to not appear like an idiot.

Guru
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
An eligible voter doesn't have to have a reason. They can vote for whoever they want, for whatever reason.

That's how it works in a democracy.

I didn't say they couldn't vote. I just wish they wouldn't vote. The wrong groups stay home it seems like.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I didn't say they couldn't vote. I just wish they wouldn't vote. The wrong groups stay home it seems like.

Are the wrong groups those swarths of Christians who showed up in '04 because of the gay marriage initiatives?

Guru
08-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Are the wrong groups those swarths of Christians who showed up in '04 because of the gay marriage initiatives?
If you are not looking at the big picture and only focusing on one issue, yeah they are the wrong group. I am speaking more to the people that just see the name they know and click it. They don't know crap about the person other than "Oh, I recognize this name so I will just vote for them."

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 11:27 PM
If you are not looking at the big picture and only focusing on one issue, yeah they are the wrong group. I am speaking more to the people that just see the name they know and click it. They don't know crap about the person other than "Oh, I recognize this name so I will just vote for them."

Just as bad as the straight party voters.

Smed1065
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I actually voted for McCain in the California Republican primary eight years ago when he was running against Bush. But, these days, I'm voting with my vested interests:

The ATC equipment is so outdated, it is not even funny. My experience was before 9/11 so I do not even want to think of it effects as well.

Guru
08-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Just as bad as the straight party voters.
Yep. Both sides are bad for that. I think I may have voted entirely one party only once. And it had nothing to do with the party they were a member of.

When I reviewed my ballot I was shocked.

Programmer
08-30-2008, 07:04 AM
George W Bush won a second term. That pretty much tells me all I need to know. Additionally, if you look back throughout history, the incumbent has a strong advantage going into their second term. Further still, if McCain died, Palin would take office, which is why casting my vote for McCain would make sense if I liked Palin. You're not too bright are you?

Not what you said buckwheat:

ightfyre][/B]

George W. bush was re-elected because you had a douchbag worse than him running.

Further, if Palin would become president if McCain died in office we would still have someone with executive experience in the WH. If Obama was elected we would have some time with a person with absolutely no executive experience.

Programmer
08-30-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm not offended. I just find the poll useless considering the current state of DC. And no, I was not in this forum when it evidently was more conservative.

That's because this forum has never been more conservative, Jim is just doing his best smoke and mirror presentation.

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 07:45 AM
How about the lazy thread starter utilize google and get Barr's running mates name. Its Root. Why are people so afraid of voting 3rd party? Haven't we had enough clowns in office?

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 07:46 AM
he picks a woman VP just to pander to try to get women to vote for him.Um, Duh! :spock:

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 07:47 AM

Have to vote AGAINST Hussein.Voting for McCain or BHO IS a wasted vote.

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 07:49 AM
I want to hear Palin talk about Iraq. Right now, I'm of the mind to stay home.You don't like Barr?