PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney and Pawlenty feel used

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
LMAO

McCain just pissed off two of his biggest supporters

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/08/29/palin_pick_leaves_bruised_feel.html
Palin Pick Leaves Bruised Feelings

By Anne E. Kornblut
DENVER -- Though it was high in shock value, the Palin pick left bruised feelings among the short-list contenders who were not picked -- and infuriated some Republican officials who privately said McCain had gone out on a limb, unnecessarily, without laying the groundwork for such an unknown. Two senior Republican officials close to Mitt Romney and Tim
Pawlenty said they had both been rudely strung along and now "feel manipulated."
"They now know that they were used as decoys, well after McCain had decided not to pick them," one Republican involved in the process said.
Democrats quickly absorbed the Obama talking points. Democratic Sen. Ken Salazar, of Colorado, said it demonstrated a "lack of judgment" on McCain's part.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 04:22 PM
McCain's using a lot of people. Palin is just a token female for his campaign.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 04:23 PM
But he's a maverick! I love how this guy just gets free pass after free pass.

Direckshun
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Honestly, Pawlenty would have been the better pick. He would have been the safe pick, but it would have been better than this pick, where the upside is completely unknown and the downside is very obvious.

Romney's pick would have been better as well, because he is an uncanny attack dog, and now McCain has nobody on his ticket with the vigorous aggression of Joe Biden. Although Romney would have been a guaranteed loss, whereas Palin still has the outside chance that her addition could help...

I still contend that Huckabee would have been THE best choice McCain could have made. I guarantee you the Democratic establishment, myself included, were crossing our fingers hoping Huckabee would not be McCain's selection.

Most Democrats today are probably happy that McCain chose Palin.

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Honestly, Pawlenty would have been the better pick. He would have been the safe pick, but it would have been better than this pick, where the upside is completely unknown and the downside is very obvious.

Romney's pick would have been better as well, because he is an uncanny attack dog, and now McCain has nobody on his ticket with the vigorous aggression of Joe Biden. Although Romney would have been a guaranteed loss, whereas Palin still has the outside chance that her addition could help...

I still contend that Huckabee would have been THE best choice McCain could have made. I guarantee you the Democratic establishment, myself included, were crossing our fingers hoping Huckabee would not be McCain's selection.

Most Democrats today are probably happy that McCain chose Palin.

I agree with you and I like Huckabee and if he would have been chosen VP that would be a very tough ticket to beat.

With that being said picking Palin smells of desperation and I absolutely loved that he picked her because it does 2 things:

1. This will piss off Hillary and Bill and they will start campaigning their ass off just to stop this woman

2. This will piss off Hillary supporters who don't want another woman stealing Hillary's spot

Mr. Laz
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
tbh i don't think Romney was all that supportive ROFL

Direckshun
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree with you and I like Huckabee and if he would have been chosen VP that would be a very tough ticket to beat.

With that being said picking Palin smells of desperation and I absolutely loved that he picked her because it does 2 things:

1. This will piss off Hillary and Bill and they will start campaigning their ass off just to stop this woman

2. This will piss off Hillary supporters who don't want another woman stealing Hillary's spot
I think #2 especially is an astute observation.

Hillary supporters aren't simply WOMEN supporters. They're HILLARY supporters.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 04:48 PM

Huckabee?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

dirk digler
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Huckabee?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I like Huck he is refreshingly honest and doesn't try to hide who he is.

Direckshun
08-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Huckabee would have been a force to be reckoned with.

He's a name, first of all, which Palin is not.

He single-handedly seals the base's enthusiasm with the ticket, and they vote for McCain so they can see Huckabee take over in 2016.

He is a phenomenal public speaker.

He has independent appeal due to his charisma.

HolmeZz
08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Huckabee's good until he starts talking policy.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Huckabee's good until he starts talking policy.

Or cracking jokes. Or starts talking about changing the Constitution.

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I feel stupid, and contagious.

Ari Chi3fs
08-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I bet Palin's pussy is all torn up from those 5 kids. Hopefully she does kegels... if so, I may vote for them.

***SPRAYER
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I bet Palin's pussy is all torn up from those 5 kids.

I bet Michelle Obama has scars on her belly.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Hillary supporters aren't simply WOMEN supporters. They're HILLARY supporters.

some are