PDA

View Full Version : Down year for Romo?

jjchieffan
08-30-2008, 12:23 AM
I have Romo for my number one quarterback and was excited until the Dallas wide receivers started dropping like flies. Big D is down to 2 legitimate WR's. Granted those 2 are TO and Crayton, but I just wonder if Romo is going to struggle to put up good fantasy numbers this year. I was thinking of trying to trade him for an elite WR, and picking up a fa qb. My #2qb is McNabb, but we are in a 6 team league so the free agent qb list is pretty good. Available QB's include: Favre, E. Manning, Cuntler, Rivers, Dellhomme, and Rodgers. My WR's are; Housh, who is hurt, Wayne, Welker, Coles, and S. Holmes. I start 3 WR's.

rad
08-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Don't forget about Witten. He's not a WR, but I hear he's pretty legit.

I would just leave it alone.

BigVE
08-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I think you will be ok but if you do think he Romo is expendable then you better trade him NOW before he proves you right! I have him in one league and I have him on the trading block right now...I'm offering Romo and E. Graham for Drew Brees and A.P. The dude is a huge cowboy fan so I'm hoping he goes for it.

Short Leash Hootie
08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I think you will be ok but if you do think he Romo is expendable then you better trade him NOW before he proves you right! I have him in one league and I have him on the trading block right now...I'm offering Romo and E. Graham for Drew Brees and A.P. The dude is a huge cowboy fan so I'm hoping he goes for it.

Lets see...Brees and Romo are rated around the same this year...AP is the #2 overall pick...I HATE people who throw out awful trade offers like this one and expect someone to bite...waste of time.

The Bad Guy
08-30-2008, 12:19 PM

I would reject that in 2 seconds.

That's actually veto worthy.

Graham isn't in the same planet as AP and Brees and Romo are super close in comparison.

The Bad Guy
08-30-2008, 12:20 PM
What receivers did Romo have last year?

Glenn didn't do anything until the end of the year.

It was Owens, Crayton and Witten all year.

Plus Felix Jones will be working out of the slot.

Romo is a stud. Trading him is insanely foolish before any real games are played.

Short Leash Hootie
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I think Romo is amazing...I love the guy.

Here's my top 10 picks for a standard 6 points for a RB/WR TD, 4 points for a QB TD and 1 points for 10 yards rushing/receiving 1 point for 25 yards passing.

1. LT
2. Tom Brady
3. Joseph Addai
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Randy Moss
6. Brian Westbrook
7. Terrell Owens
8. Tony Romo
9. Marion Barber
10. Peyton Manning

I'm sorry, I just don't like Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Grant, these other backs...

I like the value backs later on (Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, even Larry Johnson...)

This is a WR/QB year...last year was the start of it...if I have a mid 1st round pick, I'm not taking a chance on Marshawn Lynch, I'm taking the proven point scorer in Manning or Romo...or most likely, a WR like TO or Braylon Edwards...

Fantasy football is evolving...but most people are still stuck in the Earnest Graham in the 3rd round because I need 5 RB's etc...I'm using my flex position with a WR a lot this year...

The Bad Guy
08-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I think Romo is amazing...I love the guy.

Here's my top 10 picks for a standard 6 points for a RB/WR TD, 4 points for a QB TD and 1 points for 10 yards rushing/receiving 1 point for 25 yards passing.

1. LT
2. Tom Brady
3. Joseph Addai
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Randy Moss
6. Brian Westbrook
7. Terrell Owens
8. Tony Romo
9. Marion Barber
10. Peyton Manning

I'm sorry, I just don't like Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Grant, these other backs...

I like the value backs later on (Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, even Larry Johnson...)

This is a WR/QB year...last year was the start of it...if I have a mid 1st round pick, I'm not taking a chance on Marshawn Lynch, I'm taking the proven point scorer in Manning or Romo...or most likely, a WR like TO or Braylon Edwards...

Fantasy football is evolving...but most people are still stuck in the Earnest Graham in the 3rd round because I need 5 RB's etc...I'm using my flex position with a WR a lot this year...

I agree with you. However, I still think Steven Jax willl have a big year with Al calling the plays.

I'd put Steven Jax right after TO, and then slide Barber out of the top 10 and leave Manning there.

I think there's way too much risk with Marion to waste a first rounder on him. Splitting time with Felix, hasn't carried the full load before. He's a great goalline back, but that's about it.

I like AP more than Addai, but that's not an issue.