PDA

View Full Version : Elections Palin on energy, Biden, and national security.

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 08:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GE11URmmnc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GE11URmmnc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wazu
08-30-2008, 09:01 AM
I can't wait for the V.P. debate.

ROYC75
08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Spot on .......... Her energy comments were accurate, Obama's plan has NOTHING, now but only hope that new ways develops. Obama calls it's sacrifices to his energy ideas, republicans call it transitions to new energy.

Big difference.

tiptap
08-30-2008, 09:21 AM
The real question to ask is how much climate change has occurred to impact the pipeline adversely. Additionally, one needs to ask how much oil spills. What is her position on gas mileage mandates.

tiptap
08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Finally, will she outshine McCain as a person?

wazu
08-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Finally, will she outshine McCain as a person?

I think so, but I'm not sure it will hurt him. One of the reasons this decision tipped me towards voting for McCain is I like his judgement in making this pick. It definitely reaffirms his maverick/reformer image that had been floundering over the past couple of years.

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I am really starting to like this woman. I am back on the fence. I like Barr, but she intrigues me...

BucEyedPea
08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I think so, but I'm not sure it will hurt him. One of the reasons this decision tipped me towards voting for McCain is I like his judgement in making this pick. It definitely reaffirms his maverick/reformer image that had been floundering over the past couple of years.

She softens Mac's angry hot headed image.
Gives an outsider appeal to a classic insider. ( amidst anti DC fervor)
Brings in the more Independent Rs ( libertarians, conservatives...and Barr supporters)

Smart political move.

Too bad she won't be the president and many will fall for the window dressing.
I see Mac surviving his first term. He's a tough cookie if he could survive a POW camp for 5 something years.

ChiefaRoo
08-30-2008, 09:47 AM
• She softens Mac's angry hot headed image.
• Gives an outsider appeal to a classic insider. ( amidst anti DC fervor)
• Brings in the more Independent Rs ( libertarians, conservatives...and Barr supporters)

Smart political move.

Too bad she won't be the president and many will fall for the window dressing.
I see Mac surviving his first term. He's a tough cookie if he could survive a POW camp for 5 something years.

I agree Pea. Smart move. Look at it this way though. McCain may only run for one term and she's only 44 right now. I could see her becoming a power in the Republican party if she handles herself correctly. She is truly a new type of politician and it's exciting to see her talking about ANWR and knowing exactly what's she's talking about without all the political bull.

J Diddy
08-30-2008, 09:47 AM

seriously...

mccain made this pick because he wanted to get former hillary supporters who are fanatic about getting a woman in office

this has about as much to do with "maverick" as I have to do with nuclear physics

this is politics, pure and simple

Obama not picking hillary in my mind makes him more of a maverick

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 09:49 AM
seriously...

mccain made this pick because he wanted to get former hillary supporters who are fanatic about getting a woman in office

this has about as much to do with "maverick" as I have to do with nuclear physics

Your next post is #10,000. just a heads up. that is a land mark number.

J Diddy
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Your next post is #10,000. just a heads up. that is a land mark number.

dammit, wasted it on chiefaroo

Friendo
08-30-2008, 09:53 AM
What is her position on gas mileage mandates.

this

ChiefaRoo
08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
seriously...

Thank you Captian obvious. Of course this is a politics pure and simple. This is how politics works. That being said you can't condemn her outright just because her resume fits a McCain need. She is being given a huge opportunity on the National Stage. If she makes the most of it she could be elevated to a the highest levels of Govt. over the next two decades. Remember, all successful people get their breaks somewhere.

irishjayhawk
08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Spot on .......... Her energy comments were accurate, Obama's plan has NOTHING, now but only hope that new ways develops. Obama calls it's sacrifices to his energy ideas, republicans call it transitions to new energy.

Big difference.

ROFL

She praised Obama's plan.

The only gripe she had was how it was being funded.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I won't lie, Palin looked pretty solid here.

But you know why? Because the entire time, she was TALKING ABOUT ALASKA.

YouTube her on some GLOBAL issues, some NATIONAL issues that are remote from Alaska, and we'll talk about exactly how sharp she seems.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
If being part of the same Republican-founded charity as William Ayers makes you a terrorist, then what does being endorsed by Ted Stevens make you?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o46YdvT3lwQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o46YdvT3lwQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FAX
08-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Fascinating.

She seems unpolished, which is understandable. That feeds into the perception, however, that she may be unprepared, which is unfortunate.

Still, I think most reasonable people would agree that any significant move toward "true citizen government" is a step in the right direction for the country. The lack of political experience represented by both Obama and Palin are consistent with that principle, which I count as a net positive. Also, her selection is clearly valuable from the standpoint of opening dialogue on an array of issues that have, typically, remained unspoken and sidelined in most modern, presidential campaigns. I see that opportunity as a plus, as well.

From my point of view, I think that, overall, McCain has done the country a service through this selection. Obviously, whether or not it will result in drafting votes from constituencies currently troubled with his nomination is an open question. Yet, purely from a campaign perspective, she blunts Biden's value as an "attack dog" which is a significant asset to McCain's efforts. I hope she is capable of getting up to "game speed" quickly, though. Her contributions to the upcoming debate about how we might address our ongoing national problems have the potential to be very useful.

FAX

wazu
08-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I won't lie, Palin looked pretty solid here.

But you know why? Because the entire time, she was TALKING ABOUT ALASKA.

YouTube her on some GLOBAL issues, some NATIONAL issues that are remote from Alaska, and we'll talk about exactly how sharp she seems.

Of course her expertise is in Alaska. It's what she has been responsible for, and she's done it so well that her approval ratings fluctuate between 80-90%.

The same traits that have made her a star in Alaska can make her a star nationwide.