PDA

View Full Version : Elections Why Palin makes sense

HonestChieffan
08-30-2008, 05:46 PM
1) Shes got the record as Governor of having stuck to hewr principles and not wavered. She beat the "machine" to get elected and did exactly what she said she would do.

2) She is a real person with solid values that reflect the values of most j=hard working Americans. Shes a mom, an outdoorsperson, she is a supporter of common sense environmental quality.

3) She respects life. She is a mom od a Downs Syndrom baby who chose life over abortion.

4) She turned down the earmarks the moron congressmen and senators forom Alaska asked for. Thats standing up fpor what is right.

5) Unliike Biden who in over 20 years has accomplished squat, she took on the Alaskan issues and fixed many in under 2 years.

6) Shes not old line plolitics like Biden.

7) She didn't get a Harvard degree on the backs of affirmative action, she earned her way.

She has to scare the hell out of the dems.

Bowser
08-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Spellcheck is your friend.

And so far, the dems actually seemed relieved.

J Diddy
08-30-2008, 05:48 PM

quite

sugar tits just sealed the deal

wazu
08-30-2008, 05:50 PM

I disagree here. I think both sides are nervous about how this will turn out. Just about anybody else McCain could have picked probably wouldn't have made much of a difference either way. But he went and picked a game changer.

I think it's going to be a good move, but even if it doesn't help his campaign I will be happy because it puts a great, young, true conservative on the national stage.

My hope is that if McCain loses, in 2012 we have Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, and Mark Sanford duking it out for the Republican nomination. Please don't hand me Romney, Giuliani and the Huckster again.

banyon
08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
The fact that there has to be a thread titled "Why Palin makes sense" kind of says it all.

wazu
08-30-2008, 06:19 PM
The fact that there has to be a thread titled "Why Palin makes sense" kind of says it all.

OOOOOOH! MAY-JOR BURRRRN! 50 smack points to Banyon! Keep those zingers comin!

ROYC75
08-30-2008, 06:20 PM

The other side of your point was ?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12997.html

Irony ....... But hey, whatever suits your needs . It did for that writer .

banyon
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
OOOOOOH! MAY-JOR BURRRRN! 50 smack points to Banyon! Keep those zingers comin!

Yeah, it was a little hokey. But it was an HonestChieffan thread, so I'm pretty sure it was warranted.

wazu
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it was a little hokey. But it was an HonestChieffan thread, so I'm pretty sure it was warranted.

Touche.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 07:41 PM

And so far, the dems actually seemed relieved.I'm far more angered by how insulting and shameless the pandering is than I am scared.

It might have been a good move if the election were held right after the RNC, but after things settle down in a couple of weeks, let's see how they feel about having Sarah F*cking Palin as the #2 name on the ticket.

RJ
08-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey HCF, if you'd have stopped at number 4 I wouldn't be doubting your sincerity.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 08:18 PM
My hope is that if McCain loses, in 2012 we have Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, and Mark Sanford duking it out for the Republican nomination. Please don't hand me Romney, Giuliani and the Huckster again.
Good post.

This is actually the only reason Palin makes sense.

J Diddy
08-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Good post.

This is actually the only reason Palin makes sense.

unless palin gets buried in this thing, which i think she will

wazu
08-30-2008, 08:24 PM
unless palin gets buried in this thing, which i think she will

It could happen. Honestly, my one reservation about the pick was that she seems like a genuinely good human being who is devoted to her family. Today she is suddenly a national celebrity, and I almost hate to see the pressure on her and her family. Last week, she was driving to work in the family Jetta.

But she said yes, so now it's time to see if she is as tough as billed.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I think Palin would have been a strong candidate in 2012.

Even if she gets buried, if she conducts herself well she may have a future.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 08:29 PM
1) Shes got the record as Governor of having stuck to hewr principles and not wavered. She beat the "machine" to get elected and did exactly what she said she would do.

2) She is a real person with solid values that reflect the values of most j=hard working Americans. Shes a mom, an outdoorsperson, she is a supporter of common sense environmental quality.

3) She respects life. She is a mom od a Downs Syndrom baby who chose life over abortion.

4) She turned down the earmarks the moron congressmen and senators forom Alaska asked for. Thats standing up fpor what is right.

5) Unliike Biden who in over 20 years has accomplished squat, she took on the Alaskan issues and fixed many in under 2 years.

7) She didn't get a Harvard degree on the backs of affirmative action, she earned her way.

She has to scare the hell out of the dems.
1) She's under investigation right now for political retribution on her former brother-in-law.

2) Sure.

3) She doesn't respect life, she DEMANDS life. She's on record saying she opposes abortion in all situations. That's why she's having kids in her 40s, which any medical professional will tell you BEGS for genetic problems like Down Syndrome.

4) Her record on that is messier than you'd like to make it out to be.

5) You clearly have no idea who Biden is.

6) You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

7) Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review. He didn't even list his race on his application, dumbass.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 08:30 PM
For the record, I'm a liberal Democrat, and I feel like McCain has just lost the election.

wazu
08-30-2008, 08:35 PM
1) She's under investigation right now for political retribution on her former brother-in-law.

2) Sure.

3) She doesn't respect life, she DEMANDS life. She's on record saying she opposes abortion in all situations. That's why she's having kids in her 40s, which any medical professional will tell you BEGS for genetic problems like Down Syndrome.

4) Her record on that is messier than you'd like to make it out to be.

5) You clearly have no idea who Biden is.

6) You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

7) Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review. He didn't even list his race on his application, dumbass.

1) Yeah, a domestic-abuse case who basically reports up through her. She didn't order him fired even though he should have been. It doesn't sound like there is compelling evidence of any wrong-doing. Add to this whole mix the fact that she has made a lot of enemies in the GOP establishment in Alaska and it sounds like a smokescreen. This issue almost took her off the list of V.P.s just because most figured McCain wouldn't want the hassle of explaining it and the investigation would still be going at convention time. I'm glad he dismissed it for what it was.

3) A legit, issues-based beef.

4) Maybe a little, but she built a career on being pretty damned principled.

7) The "she's not from Harvard" argument is the lamest one in the OP.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2008, 08:38 PM

number 6 ...... there goes the reps main argument against Obama

number 7 ..... bullshite cheap shot, not a reason

Logical
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM

She has to scare the hell out of the dems.You really cannot be serious.:evil:

Mr. Laz
08-30-2008, 08:46 PM
You really cannot be serious.:evil:
you'd be amazed at what kind of moronic stuff he is serious about :shake:

RJ
08-30-2008, 09:04 PM

Totally legit point but impossible to attack her on it.

When I read about the child and her abortion stance that was the first thing that popped in my mind. I've known a few kids born to older moms who had physical and mental difficulties, it's not uncommon.

The good news for her and the child is that she'll have the money and other resources to give him the best possible life. Obviously, though, not everyone does.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Totally legit point but impossible to attack her on it.

When I read about the child and her abortion stance that was the first thing that popped in my mind. I've known a few kids born to older moms who had physical and mental difficulties, it's not uncommon.

The good news for her and the child is that she'll have the money and other resources to give him the best possible life. Obviously, though, not everyone does.
Just to let you folks know, my mother was borne from a 45-year-old woman. She's perfectly fine. She has a successful career and is one of the brightest people I know. But as a medical professional, she'd be the first to admit how RARE her success story is. She's several times over more likely to have suffered a genetic defect than to have had a successful career for 40 years.

That said, I'm with you. Palin clearly walks the walk, but that walk illustrates that she's against abortion in all cases, she's against birth control and of course, vasectamies (sp?).

That's not something a vast majority of Americans can afford to live by, though.

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
LMAO It doesn't make sense but I appreciate McCain helping out Obama with Hillary supporters because this has absolutely pissed them off.

Thanks McSame!!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/
A counter to the outpouring of pro-Palin people from Dem campaign sources in Ohio:

We've had multiple diehard Hillary supporters come into our office yesterday and today and say that HRC's speech didn't sway them and neither did Obama's, but they resent the Palin pick as trying to manipulate them and think it's insulting to compare her to Hillary, and they have gone from sitting this out to volunteering for Barack.

There is a backlash we're seeing among HRC supporters who are now coming over.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Man, I just thought it'd fail magnificently to motivate Hillary supporters.

I didn't figure it'd create that sort of backlash.

Although that result if foreseeable when you see Palin out there on the stump, doing everything she can to applaud Hillary in her speech, only to be met with boos from the Republican crowd.

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Man, I just thought it'd fail magnificently to motivate Hillary supporters.

I didn't figure it'd create that sort of backlash.

Although that result if foreseeable when you see Palin out there on the stump, doing everything she can to applaud Hillary in her speech, only to be met with boos from the Republican crowd.

I knew it would piss them off because they love Hillary and don't want to support any other woman this year BUT Hillary.

Plus Palin is nothing like Hillary on any of the issues

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I knew it would piss them off because they love Hillary and don't want to support any other woman this year BUT Hillary.

Plus Palin is nothing like Hillary on any of the issues
Not to mention that her supporters view Hillary as having to have earned it the hardest way possible, through some of the most hostile terrain that any woman has had to trek through politically, ever.

It's hard to find a similar story of trials and tribulations about Palin.

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Not to mention that her supporters view Hillary as having to have earned it the hardest way possible, through some of the most hostile terrain that any woman has had to trek through politically, ever.

Yep.

It also goes back to the experience argument that I hear republicans mention that she has more experience then Obama which is laughable. But people tend to forget that Obama went through a tough primary and where 19 million people voted him in to be the Dem Candidate. He earned it the hard way.

Palin got picked as VP and she didn't earn anything.

Friendo
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM

not only that, but at dinner tonight, I was surprised at the vehemence and shock expressed by a 50 -ish female friend of my wife's, at the prospect of Mac keeling over, and leaving this novice at the helm. my guess is that's going to be the typical reaction of this age group (excepting of course the Stepford-Reps).

NCarlsCorner2
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Yep.

It also goes back to the experience argument that I hear republicans mention that she has more experience then Obama which is laughable. But people tend to forget that Obama went through a tough primary and where 19 million people voted him in to be the Dem Candidate. He earned it the hard way.

Palin got picked as VP and she didn't earn anything.

Tap your heels together and keep repeating that over and over.

wazu
08-30-2008, 10:15 PM

Okay, it isn't equal to Hillary, but she has gone against the good-old boy network of the GOP in Alaska. She's Alaska's first female governor, Alaska's youngest governor ever, and she did it by defeating an incumbent male Republican in the primary! It counts.

This doesn't make here a feminist/women's lib hero. But it shows a woman who isn't the least bit intimidated by a male-dominated world.

J Diddy
08-30-2008, 10:18 PM

you just made a compelling case for....

Well hell I don't know what you made a compelling case for but keep on anyways

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 10:19 PM

She didn't earn anything she was chosen and I am grateful for McCain for helping out Obama with Hillary supporters

It is nothing like having someone possibly indicted running as VP. Thanks McSame!

banyon
08-30-2008, 10:20 PM
LMAO It doesn't make sense but I appreciate McCain helping out Obama with Hillary supporters because this has absolutely pissed them off.

Thanks McSame!!

We've had multiple diehard Hillary supporters come into our office yesterday and today and say that HRC's speech didn't sway them and neither did Obama's, but they resent the Palin pick as trying to manipulate them and think it's insulting to compare her to Hillary, and they have gone from sitting this out to volunteering for Barack.
There is a backlash we're seeing among HRC supporters who are now coming over.

What is wrong with these women? They seem to be on some kind of emotional hair trigger. Maybe it's because I'm not married that this bewilders me?

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
What is wrong with these women? They seem to be on some kind of emotional hair trigger. Maybe it's because I'm not married that this bewilders me?

Menopause is the only logical answer

Friendo
08-30-2008, 10:24 PM
that's likely a big part of it

NCarlsCorner2
08-30-2008, 10:26 PM
She didn't earn anything she was chosen and I am grateful for McCain for helping out Obama with Hillary supporters

It is nothing like having someone possibly indicted running as VP. Thanks McSame!

What about someone possibly indicted running for president, Tony Rezko might start talking the closer the election gets.

dirk digler
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
What about someone possibly indicted running for president, Tony Rezko might start talking the closer the election gets.

NCarlsCorner2
08-30-2008, 10:34 PM

I'll do more than that, I'll say a prayer every night before I go to bed, I think that's still legal.

Messier
08-30-2008, 10:36 PM
What about someone possibly indicted running for president, might start talking the closer the election gets.

Indicted for what?

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 10:39 PM
What about someone possibly indicted running for president, Tony Rezko might start talking the closer the election gets.He'll have to stand in line behind Charles Keating and Ted Stevens.

whatsmynameagain
08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I swear, its like mcdonalds, IM LOVIN IT!!!

its so funny how the refugs keep trying to convince themselves that its a good pick. as soon as I heard palin's name I almost shed a tear on how happy I am that the dems are gonna pull through.

Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay, it isn't equal to Hillary, but she has gone against the good-old boy network of the GOP in Alaska. She's Alaska's first female governor, Alaska's youngest governor ever, and she did it by defeating an incumbent male Republican in the primary! It counts.

This doesn't make here a feminist/women's lib hero. But it shows a woman who isn't the least bit intimidated by a male-dominated world.
Well you're right on the count that she is an Alaskan trail blazer, but even that came with some good fortune. The Republican incumbent she defeated in the primary finished third, so he was going down no matter what, not simply because a talented upstart overthrew him.

But Hillary's had to endure intense public scrutiny, near-demonization from half the country, and carried with her the weight of her gender's best chance for POTUS on her shoulders for nearly a decade.

NCarlsCorner2
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
I swear, its like mcdonalds, IM LOVIN IT!!!

its so funny how the refugs keep trying to convince themselves that its a good pick. as soon as I heard palin's name I almost shed a tear on how happy I am that the dems are gonna pull through.

Posted via Mobile Device

I said the same thing about Biden.

Messier
08-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Why?

wazu
08-30-2008, 10:55 PM
But Hillary's had to endure intense public scrutiny, near-demonization from half the country, and carried with her the weight of her gender's best chance for POTUS on her shoulders for nearly a decade.

Yeah. She also had the good fortune to be launched onto the national scene by way of her husband being a two-term president. Does anybody truly believe she would have come within a couple hundred votes of being the nominee this year if her husband hadn't been POTUS?

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah. She also had the good fortune to be launched onto the national scene by way of her husband being a two-term president.I believe he was referring to the metric ****ton of mud that's been thrown her way by the right for the past 16 years.

Pablo
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I do believe I would have been much more concerned with a McCain/Romney ticket than this baby machine he picked up for VP.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM

Why times two?

Please, explain.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah. She also had the good fortune to be launched onto the national scene by way of her husband being a two-term president. Does anybody truly believe she would have come within a couple hundred votes of being the nominee this year if her husband hadn't been POTUS?
I agree with you. It's one of the reasons why I think Clinton's appeal to feminist has been hypocritical of the feminist movement.

But we're discussing what the perception is, not whether it's warranted or not. And you'll be hard pressed to push that argument over on a Hillary supporter. I guarantee you they perceive the way I've phrased it, not the way you've phrased it.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
1)She didn't get a Harvard degree on the backs of affirmative action, she earned her way

Regardless of your other "points" (which others have already refuted), this is the most insulting and disingenuous statement that you could have possible made, regardless of the other flat-out bullshit you posted

Are you a bitter Harvard grad? How about Georgetown? Yale? Princeton, maybe? Is this an alma mater issue? Or just jealousy?

Do you have a law degree? Are you a lawyer?

Do you even have a college degree?

I'm anxiously awaiting your answers.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:02 AM

Look, I'm not a Hillary Clinton fan in any way, shape or form.

But it is what it is...

Hypothetical questions like these are like spitting the wind.

They have no relevance and often backfire, embarrassing those who have better common sense.

jAZ
08-31-2008, 12:06 AM

Yeah, she got a University of Idaho degree "on the backs of affirmative action". Right?

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, she got a University of Idaho degree "on the backs of affirmative action". Right?

A degree in journalism, of all things.

Not from Columbia University. Or from MU. Or Florida. Or even Ball State.

Ida ****ing ho.

Woo hoo!

|Zach|
08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
2004: GOP Blasts John Edwards As Too Inexperienced To Be VP
2008: GOP Leaders Say Sarah Palin A Great VP Pick

Direckshun
08-31-2008, 12:21 AM
You don't have to go back four years to expose the hypocrisy here, you only have to go back a few days.

Rove himself was panning this, Kristol was warning McCain of picking someone this inexperienced.

Yet we end up here.

el oh el

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:31 AM
2004: GOP Blasts John Edwards As Too Inexperienced To Be VP
2008: GOP Leaders Say Sarah Palin A Great VP Pick

2004: Loss
2008: ?

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 01:14 AM
You don't have to go back four years to expose the hypocrisy here, you only have to go back a few days.

Rove himself was panning this, Kristol was warning McCain of picking someone this inexperienced.On Friday morning, after Romney and Pawlenty were eliminated, Scarborough was practically apoplectic at the though of McCain naming Palin VP.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:25 AM
2004: Loss
2008: ?

honestly they screwed themselves

really, how you gonna rail on his experience when they go with palin

it's like they're coked out

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:28 AM
I LOVE how disHonest Chiefs Fan starts this abortion of a thread then is no where to be found.

What say you, oh, disHonest one?

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I LOVE how disHonest Chiefs Fan starts this abortion of a thread then is no where to be found.

What say you, oh, disHonest one?

see dishonest is funny, but i prefer delusional chiefs fan

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
honestly they screwed themselves

really, how you gonna rail on his experience when they go with palin

it's like they're coked outMcCain is trolling. When the election is over, he's going to rip off his jacket and reveal a bWo shirt.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdPBWGNDq2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdPBWGNDq2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:40 AM
McCain is trolling. When the election is over, he's going to rip off his jacket and reveal a bWo shirt.

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NT4MY28zYZM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>the last thing i want to see is McCain without a short on

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:42 AM
the last thing i want to see is McCain without a short on

Or without shorts

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Or without shorts

true

but cindy perplexes me, I can't figure out if she's still hot or not

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:51 AM
true

but cindy perplexes me, I can't figure out if she's still hot or not

At least for me, she's waaaaaay to old to be "hot".

Attractive? Sure.

Grandmotherly? Of course.

Hot?

I'll leave that to the professionals.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:52 AM
At least for me, she's waaaaaay to old to be "hot".

Attractive? Sure.

Grandmotherly? Of course.

Hot?

I'll leave that to the professionals.

i keep having this dream with her and palin and me in it....

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:56 AM
i keep having this dream with her and palin and me in it....

Well, I hope that Cindy is the one watching

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:58 AM

no, she's baking me cookies

just weird

of course I'm giving the other lady some milk

:D

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Palin makes sense because she's in the NRA as are many voters in Pennsylvania. If McCain wins PA, he wins the election.

http://townhall.com/columnists/SalenaZito/2008/08/31/wooing_pennsylvanians

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 07:51 AM

Nice! Love Mark Sanford too.

Or maybe she'd go up against Hillary some day. That would be an interesting race.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 07:52 AM

Well, if rumors about Mac being a womanizer are true, and liking the younger ladies when his lady gets old...Cindy better be watching. :D

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Well, if rumors about Mac being a womanizer are true, and liking the younger ladies when his lady gets old...Cindy better be watching. :D

yeah that would be bigger than lewinsky