PDA

View Full Version : Poop Two Douchebags, Michael Moore and Olberman

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 08:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iAhI-cWS64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iAhI-cWS64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 08:57 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKkydrUnBZE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKkydrUnBZE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 09:00 PM
There are idiots on both sides. I just think Moore and Olberman might need to get a room though.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
There are idiots on both sides. I just think Moore and Olberman might need to get a room though.One of those idiots laughing at people calling a cancer survivor a "cancer" was the Republicans' vice presidential nominee.

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
One of those idiots laughing at their jokes was the Republicans' vice presidential nominee.

She was probably laughing because she was surprised that they said that shit. that's not out of the realm ya know.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
She was probably laughing because she was surprised that they said that shit. that's not out of the realm ya know.There's a difference between an "Oh my God!" nervous response and laughing along several times while saying anything to dissuade them from continuing their nasty shit and then exchanging pleasantries.

wazu
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
One of those idiots laughing at people calling a cancer survivor a "cancer" was the Republicans' vice presidential nominee.

Weak.

Messier
08-30-2008, 09:08 PM
She was probably laughing because she was surprised that they said that shit. that's not out of the realm ya know.

That sounds like you're making an excuse for her.

Bill Parcells
08-30-2008, 09:09 PM
There's a difference between "Oh my God!" and laughing along for a minute while saying anything to dissuade them from continuing their nasty shit and then exchanging pleasantries.

So what came of this?

Ultra Peanut
Weak.That interview leaves a positive impression on you?

I don't care if they'd actually busted out the funniest, meanest jokes ever. You can't do that shit. It's grade-school. It's Alaska-league.

Bill Parcells
That sounds like you're making an excuse for her.

An excuse for laughing?

ROFL

DeezNutz
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
"Gustav proof that there is a God in Heaven..." /Moore/

Because this storm reminds us of Katrina, which is/was politically harmful to the Republicans.

And Olbermann doesn't challenge this comment...

What a ****ing joke.

HolmeZz
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
"Gustov proof that there is a God in Heaven..." /Moore/

Because this storm reminds us of Katrina, which is/was politically harmful to the Republicans.

What a ****ing joke.

It's very much in bad taste. Like James Dobson telling people to pray for rain in Denver the night of Obama's acceptance speech.

wazu
08-30-2008, 09:12 PM
That interview leaves a positive impression on you?

I don't care if they'd actually busted out the funniest, meanest jokes ever. You can't do that shit. It's grade-school. It's Alaska-league.

Eh. I don't think she handled it that well, but I care a lot more about actions that actually matter. Play me a tape of Obama doing the same thing and my reaction would be the same. It's petty and weak.

DeezNutz
08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
It's very much in bad taste. Like James Dobson telling people to pray for rain in Denver the night of Obama's acceptance speech.

ROFL

Yeah, very similar. :spock:

You've got to be ****ing kidding, and you should retract this post.

HolmeZz
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
ROFL

Yeah, very similar. :spock:

You've got to be ****ing kidding, and you should retract this post.

No thanks.

Whackos are whackos.

DeezNutz
08-30-2008, 09:52 PM
No thanks.

Whackos are whackos.

Wow.

Being giddy about a major hurricane that will definitely result in massive property damage and might possibly result in a lot of US lives lost, not to mention all of those who have already been killed/hurt, is comparable (on any level) to hoping that an event will be spoiled and lots of folks will get wet (no loss of life, no property loss, very likely no injuries)?

Wow.

RINGLEADER
08-31-2008, 02:07 AM
No thanks.

Whackos are whackos.

Unfortunately Don Fowler, the former DNC chief and one of Obama's biggest supporters just got caught saying the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrBus8ORR78

Dems don't seem to have learned anything from the Wellstone experience. Really stupid comment.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Unfortunately Don Fowler, the former DNC chief and one of Obama's biggest supportersOh, re-he-he-heeeeeeeeeeeally?

Former DNC Chairman Don Fowler Endorses Clinton (http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=4795)

Honestly, the timing IS ****ing amazing, and I can't blame anyone for musing on it in private (Michael Moore is a moron, water is wet, etc.). A hurricane is projected to be over New Orleans on the same night that George W. Bush is scheduled to speak? Come the **** on. Who could have even scripted that sort of coincidence?

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Two Other douchebags....

Dimension2112 & SHTSPRAYER !!

:-)

RINGLEADER
08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh, re-he-he-heeeeeeeeeeeally?

Former DNC Chairman Don Fowler Endorses Clinton (http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=4795)

Honestly, the timing IS ****ing amazing, and I can't blame anyone for musing on it in private (Michael Moore is a moron, water is wet, etc.). A hurricane is projected to be over New Orleans on the same night that George W. Bush is scheduled to speak? Come the **** on. Who could have even scripted that sort of coincidence?

I thought the Dems were unified now...hmm...

penchief
08-31-2008, 11:13 AM
"Gustav proof that there is a God in Heaven..." /Moore/

What a ****ing joke.

I'll agree that Moore crossed the line and it was easy to see that Olberman was very uncomfortable with the way it sounded. That said, Moore wasn't wishing harm on the people of New Orleans and caught himself shortly afterward negating the need for Olberman to correct him.

I agree that it was a piss poor way of pointing out the irony of the situation and it irritated me that Moore even went there. That said, I hope that you hold Limbaugh and the douchebags at Fox to the same standard when they do this type of thing as a matter of daily practice.

DeezNutz
08-31-2008, 11:51 AM
I'll agree that Moore crossed the line and it was easy to see that Olberman was very uncomfortable with the way it sounded. That said, Moore wasn't wishing harm on the people of New Orleans and caught himself shortly afterward negating the need for Olberman to correct him.

I agree that it was a piss poor way of pointing out the irony of the situation and it irritated me that Moore even went there. That said, I hope that you hold Limbaugh and the douchebags at Fox to the same standard when they do this type of thing as a matter of daily practice.

Bullshit. Here's Moore's follow-up comment:

"I hope no one gets hurt and I hope everyone is taking cover." /Moore/

Yeah, this statement definitely made it all better and obviated the need for Olbermann to challenge the original assertion. Of course people are going to get "hurt." Physical injury or loss of life aren't the only possibilities. For starters, how about massive property damage and loss?

Of course Olbermann did nothing because he's a spineless little weasel for the left.

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Two Other douchebags....

Dimension2112 & SHTSPRAYER !!

:-)

Trav, are you sticking up for Michael Moore? :spock:

I will take you calling me a douchebag in DC as a badge of honor :evil:

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Trav, are you sticking up for Michael Moore? :spock:

I will take you calling me a douchebag in DC as a badge of honor :evil:

I didn't watch the video but really couldnt miss the opportunity to call you a dooooooooosh! ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 11:57 AM
But speaking of Michael Moore, I admire how he puts his views out there... he doesn't believe that the current administration is doing the right thing... and he DOES something about it... he doesn't just bitch. He DOES things.

I respect that, even if I don't agree with everything he has to say.

penchief
08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Bullshit. Here's Moore's follow-up comment:

"I hope no one gets hurt and I hope everyone is taking cover." /Moore/

Yeah, this statement definitely made it all better and obviated the need for Olbermann to challenge the original assertion. Of course people are going to get "hurt." Physical injury or loss of life aren't the only possibilities. For starters, how about massive property damage and loss?

Of course Olbermann did nothing because he's a spineless little weasel for the left.

There is an irony about Gustav hitting during the republican convention. That was Moore's point. Poorly executed and poorly explained. But Olberman had nothing to gain by allowing it to stand. Nor did the left. I was just as dismayed as you were to hear Moore stumble into those words. That said, he recognized the error of his ways and, albeit clumsily, tried to clarify.

There was no need for Olberman to tangle himself up in a Moore's bungling of his comments once Moore caught himself. At least, Moore and Olberman both showed some sort of recognition and discomfort at the awkward moment. Which is far more than can be said of Limbaugh and the Fox News douches who intentionally play that game on a regular basis. I suppose your outrage doesn't extend to the standard operating procedures of your media heroes on the right, huh?

DeezNutz
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
There is an irony about Gustav hitting during the republican convention. That was Moore's point. Poorly executed and poorly explained. But Olberman had nothing to gain by allowing it to stand. Nor did the left. I was just as dismayed as you were to hear Moore stumble into those words. That said, he recognized the error of his ways and, albeit clumsily, tried to clarify.

There was no need for Olberman to tangle himself up in a Moore's bungling of his comments once Moore caught himself. At least, Moore and Olberman both showed some sort of recognition and discomfort at the awkward moment. Which is far more than can be said of Limbaugh and the Fox News douches who intentionally play that game on a regular basis. I suppose your outrage doesn't extend to the standard operating procedures of your media heroes on the right, huh?

The comment should be condemned. Period. Not doing so makes Olbermann complicit; he should have immediately expressed his displeasure with having something like this said on HIS show. But of course you can't recognize this. Your comment about getting "tangled up" is beyond absurd. When he didn't challenge the statement, Olbermann became "tangled up."

Of course he'd have something to gain from challenging Moore, a shred of dignity and credibility. Naturally, these qualities are ones that Olbermann could never hope to possess.

My media heroes on the right? ROFL First of all, this isn't an accurate assessment of my political views, but, more importantly, this conversation is about Olbermann and Moore. Apparently it's uncomfortable to stay on topic...Something unbelievably stupid happens on MSNBC and some immediately scream Fox, Rush!!! Wow. Ok.

I haven't seen any other media source expressing delight with any aspect of Gustav, but when I do, I'll be happy to vent my anger.

penchief
08-31-2008, 12:59 PM
The comment should be condemned. Period. Not doing so makes Olbermann complicit; he should have immediately expressed his displeasure with having something like this said on HIS show. But of course you can't recognize this. Your comment about getting "tangled up" is beyond absurd. When he didn't challenge the statement, Olbermann became "tangled up."

No, actually I can recognize it. As I said, I was dismayed. If Moore had not caught himself I fully expected Olberman to say something based on his handling of guests in the past.

Of course he'd have something to gain from challenging Moore, a shred of dignity and credibility. Naturally, these qualities are ones that Olbermann could never hope to possess.

You misread my post. I said he had nothing to gain from letting Moore's comments stand. Once Moore clarified himself Olberman had nothing to gain from making it a bigger deal than what it was. That job is for you to do.

My media heroes on the right? ROFL First of all, this isn't an accurate assessment of my political views, but, more importantly, this conversation is about Olbermann and Moore. Apparently it's uncomfortable to stay on topic...Something unbelievably stupid happens on MSNBC and some immediately scream Fox, Rush!!! Wow. Ok.

Not at all. I'm just wondering why you don't start posts about the douchebags like Rush, Hannity, and OReilly if you are so concerned about integrity. The fact that you don't considering that they intentionally practice on a daily basis that which you are condemning Olberman for does speak volumes about your political views and your objectivity.

I haven't seen any other media source expressing delight with any aspect of Gustav, but when I do, I'll be happy to vent my anger.

Olberman wasn't expressing delight. Moore was expressing satisfaction in the irony. Olberman clearly felt awkward and once Moore clarified himself Olberman tried to move on as quickly as possible.

SBK
08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Pant, pant, pant....I can't wait for the hurricane to hit New Orleans....pant, pant, pant..../ the left

DeezNutz
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM
No, actually I can recognize it. As I said, I was dismayed. If Moore had not caught himself I fully expected Olberman to say something based on his handling of guests in the past.

You misread my post. I said he had nothing to gain from letting Moore's comments stand. Once Moore clarified himself Olberman had nothing to gain from making it a bigger deal than what it was. That job is for you to do.

Not at all. I'm just wondering why you don't start posts about the douchebags like Rush, Hannity, and OReilly if you are so concerned about integrity. The fact that you don't considering that they intentionally practice on a daily basis that which you are condemning Olberman for does speak volumes about your political views and your objectivity.

Olberman wasn't expressing delight. Moore was expressing satisfaction in the irony. Olberman clearly felt awkward and once Moore clarified himself Olberman tried to move on as quickly as possible.

Moore didn't "catch himself" sufficiently. Politics first, in his view.

I read your comment correctly. I understand that you're saying he had nothing to gain by allowing the comment to stand, but Olbermann had much to gain by challenging the comment. See: credibility and dignity.

Start a post? WTF? A thread? I didn't start this. In the last Hannity/Olbermann thread I said that both were caricatures of their respective parties. In fact, I commented on the fact that the latter is generally more articulate. Not surprisingly, you don't know what you're talking about. As for the other two, when I come upon a thread such as this, when case and context are clear, I'll be happy to trash them appropriately.

I didn't say Olbermann expressed delight. I said "a media source." Moore was appearing on MSNBC, and Olbermann represents this network, and thus he has some responsibility to protect the credibility of his employer, not to mention the credibility of his own show. But this would never happen.

This is my final post on this matter.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 08:10 PM
I thought the Dems were unified now...hmm...You claimed that he was one of Obama's biggest supporters. That was horseshit, and you knew it.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 02:17 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VHDd83b5byk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VHDd83b5byk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>