PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama Running Ads Against The American Dream

NCarlsCorner2
08-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Since when do you have to explain how many of anything that you own, I wonder if Obama can tell us how many empty suits that he owns.ROFL

bango
08-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Since when do you have to explain how many of anything that you own, I wonder if Obama can tell us how many empty suits that he owns.ROFL

I knew he was a communist.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello, and welcome to STOP POSTING

bango
08-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Hello, and welcome to STOP POSTING

I am sorry, but next time let me know by PM.

Reaper16
08-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll bet that when he hit "submit new thread" he was thinking "This is an excellent point. I'm really going to get those liberals with this one!"

VAChief
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM

What does that even mean? If you are going to put in a laugh track at the end make sure there is a punch line.

bango
08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
What do you mean by empty suits? I have heard or read that soemwhere before.

Logical
08-30-2008, 08:56 PM
What does that even mean? If you are going to put in a laugh track at the end make sure there is a punch line.Empty Suit is a really old phrase, meaning nothing to offer. Pretty lame.

bango
08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Empty Suit is a really old phrase, meaning nothing to offer. Pretty lame.

Now I remember I have heard that said by Michael Savage.

Direckshun
08-30-2008, 09:55 PM
The American Dream is earning the wealth that McCain has.

McCain simply married into it.

bango
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM

I will bet that she made him earn it. I would not like being pounded by a dildo every other day for decades.

Ugly Duck
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Not "simply married into it".... cheated on his faithful wife who waited for him all the years he was a POW but was disfigured in a car wreck.... and McCain still lying about it.

beer bacon
08-30-2008, 10:42 PM
**** you haters. Gold digging IS THE AMERICAN DREAM@!

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
McCain simply married into it.Lucky bastard...

whatsmynameagain
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
why by the cow(pow) when you can run for president......Posted via Mobile Device

StcChief
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
the folks asking for the hand outs need to be given the American Dream....

and why haven't we do it yet, they deserve it. :

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:14 AM

You're an idiot.

Have fun with that in your trailer.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
the folks asking for the hand outs need to be given the American Dream....

and why haven't we do it yet, they deserve it. :

This post makes no sense.

Care to explain?

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 12:23 AM
This post makes no sense.

Care to explain?

I think he's saying that they don't dream it for themselves. They let us dream and live it and then they expect us to hand over a share of our dream to them.

I think...

Silock
08-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Fine, I took it down.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:30 AM
I think he's saying that they don't dream it for themselves. They let us dream and live it and then they expect us to hand over a share of our dream to them.

I think...

Well if that's the case, neither Democrats, Republicans or Independents are excluded.

I wish I could live in a world where I could choose were my tax dollars go. So even if I'm in the 46th percentile (which I am with both Fed and State), I wish I could choose which programs received my money.

Pipe dream, I know.

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
I'd take that down, Silock.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:39 AM

Thank you for alerting me to such a well rounded, open-minded individual.

I'm a better person for it.

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Well if that's the case, neither Democrats, Republicans or Independents are excluded.

I wish I could live in a world where I could choose were my tax dollars go. So even if I'm in the 46th percentile (which I am with both Fed and State), I wish I could choose which programs received my money.

Pipe dream, I know.

You're right. It's frustrating that we don't have a choice.

The really great thing is that we have a say.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:53 AM
You're right. It's frustrating that we don't have a choice.

The really great thing is that we have a say.

Yes, we have somewhat of a say, depending on which party we vote each election year.

It's just funny to me that people get so caught up in petty issues when the real issue (at least to me) is: Where exactly do my tax dollars go and could you please give me a full accounting (like we're required to do for the I.R.S) of government spending?

Don't get me wrong: I love this country and am thankful to have been born here. But I think that the average American citizen deserves better than what we've been getting.

And regardless of who's elected, that isn't likely to change.

Much to my chagrin.

Silock
08-31-2008, 12:53 AM

Why? Because it says fcuk?

Silock
08-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Thank you for alerting me to such a well rounded, open-minded individual.

I'm a better person for it.

Plus, he'll get you laid, so that's always a plus.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Plus, he'll get you laid, so that's always a plus.

Huh?

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 01:08 AM
LOOK AT THIS ****ING CANDIDATE

http://i34.tinypic.com/289eyo8.jpg

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:10 AM
LOOK AT THIS ****ING CANDIDATE

http://i34.tinypic.com/289eyo8.jpg

Rock out with your cock out!!!!!

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Why? Because it says fcuk?

It's over the top in many ways, IMO.

Have I violated the top as well on occasion? Yep. Specifically I'd call myself out regarding a few recent comments I made regarding Ms. Obama. I shouldn't have posted those comments, and I won't post anything resembling them in the future.

My respect for the office of a United States senator should extend beyond just that office and the person who occupies it. It should absolutely extend to his support system as well, and there's probably no closer support that Sen. Obama enjoys than his wife. She's off the table for me.

I regret my hateful posts. I'm still a work in progress, and I make mistakes.

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:20 AM

Have I violated the top as well on occasion? Yep. Specifically I'd call myself out regarding a few recent comments I made regarding Ms. Obama. I shouldn't have posted those comments, and I won't post anything resembling them in the future.

My respect for the office of a United States senator should extend beyond just that office and the person who occupies it. It should absolutely extend to his support system as well, and there's probably no closer support that Sen. Obama enjoys than his wife. She's off the table for me.

How is it hateful in any way? The only remotely negative thing it says is that he's got big ears and is so good looking he could **** your sister and your gf. It's supposed to appeal to your sense of humor. It's not negative in any way, unless you just take offense really easily.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:22 AM
How is it hateful in any way? The only remotely negative thing it says is that he's got big ears and is so good looking he could **** your sister and your gf. It's supposed to appeal to your sense of humor.

If you're looking for validation, I'm pretty sure that you know why it's offensive.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:22 AM

or in laymens terms

its ****ing stupid and everybody thought you were smarter than that

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:23 AM
and I make mistakes.

If we all didn't make mistakes, this forum wouldn't be any fun.

:evil:

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 01:23 AM
How is it hateful in any way? The only remotely negative thing it says is that he's got big ears and is so good looking he could **** your sister and your gf. It's supposed to appeal to your sense of humor. It's not negative in any way, unless you just take offense really easily.

Even as a white guy I see that it's racially offensive.

Certainly you understand that much about it.

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Even as a white guy I see that it's racially offensive.

Certainly you understand that much about it.

I don't see anything racial in it at ALL.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:26 AM

Then why did you remove it?

If you believe it, stand by it.

****ing own it.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:28 AM

the way he was using the language

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:28 AM

****ing own it.

now you're just egging shit on

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:29 AM

****ing own it.

Because people were bitching. I don't want to offend anyone *here*, and if you guys think it's inappropriate, so be it.

Your opinion matters more than mine. If everyone around you is telling you that there's something wrong with you, then there probably is.

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:29 AM
the way he was using the language

No, it's a play off of this pic:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/lost-dog.jpg

It has nothing to do with racial anything.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:31 AM
No, it's a play off of this pic:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/lost-dog.jpg

It has nothing to do with racial anything.

:spock:
Maybe in that context

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 01:33 AM

I was having a conversation today with two friends who are Democrats.

In one part of that conversation, my debating point was that we really didn't have to be concerned with racial politics anymore, because a huge segment of this country was embracing a man with a very different heritage.

Apparently I was as wrong as I could be.

Thanks for proving to me that we really haven't progressed beyond telling n***er jokes, and that some of us are still willing to make them about a man who is running for president.

God help us all.

EDIT: My bad. You took it down. I think that was a really great decision. Well done, Silock.

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Maybe in that context

In that context? There's a whole series of these. It's an internet mini-phenomenon.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/mousex.jpg

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Thanks for proving to me that we really haven't progressed beyond telling n***er jokes, and that some of us are still willing to make them about a man who is running for president.

PLEASE tell me where that kind of joke is because I REALLY don't see it. So, point it out for my dense ass.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Your opinion matters more than mine. If everyone around you is telling you that there's something wrong with you, then there probably is.

No, it doesn't.

CB was looking out for your best interests.

I wasn't.

I'm telling you to be YOU, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Don't let people on an internet forum dictate your life to you or how you should live or think.

If YOU think it was appropriate, OWN it. Take the criticism or praise like a man. If you feel differently later, OWN THAT. But don't delete it as if it never existed. Because it did.

Otherwise, how will you find out who your are and how to better yourself? Or if you even want to better yourself?

Not everyone is a captain of industry. Or a captain in the military. Or a Bell Captain.

Be yourself. And let the chips fall where they may. You might be surprised where you end up in life.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
No, it doesn't.

I wasn't.

I'm telling you to be YOU, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Don't let people on an internet forum dictate your life to you or how you should live or think.

If YOU think it was appropriate, OWN it. Take the criticism or praise like a man. If you feel differently later, OWN THAT. But don't delete it as if it never existed. Because it did.

Otherwise, how will you find out who your are and how to better yourself? Or if you even want to better yourself?

Not everyone is a captain of industry. Or a captain in the military. Or a Bell Captain.

Be yourself. And let the chips fall where they may. You might be surprised where you end up in life.

JFC

Dr Phil

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:39 AM
In that context? There's a whole series of these. It's an internet mini-phenomenon.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/mousex.jpg

I'm not gonna debate it and I agree your intentions were probably innocent. That being said, a picture of a black man with writing like a thug could be portrayed as derogatory

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:40 AM

Sure, and sometimes, it's just better to listen to other people than bullheadedly insist that you're right.

I didn't see anything offensive in it at all, but if there was, then I whole-heartedly apologize. It wasn't meant to be any kind of racial joke, or even anti-Obama. I didn't see anything racial in it at all (no references to skin color, or any other stereotype), and still don't, but if other people do, then that's good enough reason for me to take it down.

I don't see it as ignoring the fact that it ever existed at all.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 01:41 AM
I was having a conversation today with two friends who are Democrats.

In one part of that conversation, my debating point was that we really didn't have to be concerned with racial politics anymore, because a huge segment of this country was embracing a man with a very different heritage.

Apparently I was as wrong as I could be.

God help us all.

EDIT: My bad. You took it down. I think that was a really great decision. Well done, Silock.what

Weren't you just calling Michelle a ghetto bitch a couple of nights ago?

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:43 AM
JFC

Dr Phil

Hey, I am NOT bald.

Other than that, what's your point?

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm not gonna debate it and I agree your intentions were probably innocent. That being said, a picture of a black man with writing like a thug could be portrayed as derogatory

I see what you're saying and where you're coming from. I see how anyone not familiar with the origins of the pic could completely misinterpret the intention.

So, again, I apologize.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:44 AM
Hey, I am NOT bald.

Other than that, what's your point?

suddenly felt this enormous urge to howl "get real"

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 01:45 AM
what

You missed the offensive (IMO) attachment that had Sen. Omaba portrayed in an offensive way. It's been removed, and I thank the other poster for removing it.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:47 AM
I see what you're saying and where you're coming from. I see how anyone not familiar with the origins of the pic could completely misinterpret the intention.

So, again, I apologize.

NO sir,
we failed you.

If we had an animal planet section on chiefsplanet you could've posted the dog and it would've been hilarious

instead we created this dark side of you

:)

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
suddenly felt this enormous urge to howl "get real"

Nope.

But I didn't post what he did. And I didn't argue it like he has since.

If he feels it's right, then stand by it. Don't be guilted into changing.

It may be "real" to him.

Let him learn the hard way.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Nope.

But I didn't post what he did. And I didn't argue it like he has since.

If he feels it's right, then stand by it. Don't be guilted into changing.

It may be "real" to him.

Let him learn the hard way.

don't you start that shit with me

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 01:53 AM
what

I called her nothing of the sort. That's just not true, UP. (I was using the name HoBama as a derogatory, however.)

My problem with Ms. Obama was her statement that she had never been proud of American until the moment they began to vote for her husband. I found her stance to be highly offensive, but I've since given her a pass, because I decided that I overreacted to that statement and she's the wife of the probable president.

You'll find my apology in post 31 in this thread.

This was the post where I backed off, and I hope it makes some difference:

"It's over the top in many ways, IMO.

I regret my hateful posts. I'm still a work in progress, and I make mistakes."

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:54 AM
don't you start that shit with me

I'm not sure what that means but if you could send an 18" Brooklyn with peperoni, black olives and mushrooms my way, I'd be eternally grateful.

:D

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:54 AM
This thread needs more peppers.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/l_1c48d2d7391705e5c2dc101d27a24a99.jpg

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure what that means but if you could send an 18" Brooklyn with peperoni, black olives and mushrooms my way, I'd be eternally grateful.

:D

Hollywood, CA?

I could see you calling and complaining right at 30 minutes

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 01:57 AM
This thread needs more peppers.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/l_1c48d2d7391705e5c2dc101d27a24a99.jpg

dude that's pepperist, how would you feel if you were a pepper

pepper mongerer

Silock
08-31-2008, 01:58 AM
dude that's pepperist, how would you feel if you were a pepper

pepper mongerer

I know, right? All those green dudes are going to be PISSED.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Hollywood, CA?

I could see you calling and complaining right at 30 minutes

ROFL

Actually, I'm incredibly impressed with the service.

It's never taken more than 20 minutes, even with the 30 minute guarantee. I hadn't had their pizza in more than 5 years until recently and I'm extremely impressed. My wife really liked the wings last night (I'm not a wings person but she's really particular).

Kudos to you and your company!

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 02:00 AM
ROFL

Actually, I'm incredibly impressed with the service.

It's never taken more than 20 minutes, even with the 30 minute guarantee. I hadn't had their pizza in more than 5 years and I'm extremely impressed. My wife really liked the wings last night (I'm not a wings person but she's really particular).

Kudos to you and your company!

good to hear that

I usually just hear a bunch of crap about it

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:03 AM
good to hear that

I usually just hear a bunch of crap about it

Well, you can mark DaneMcCloud off that list.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 03:22 AM
You missed the offensive (IMO) attachment that had Sen. Omaba portrayed in an offensive way. It's been removed, and I thank the other poster for removing it.I've seen the attachment. I had seen it before Silock even posted it. I gleaned no racial motivation behind it, but rather an attempt to be funny that succeeded to some degree but ultimately went on far too long.

And his fonts got serifs, goddam.

HonestChieffan
08-31-2008, 05:55 AM
In Obamas world the government will determine who owns homes and how many.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 08:05 AM

In McCains world we will all be on the streets wishing we had houses while he forgets how many he owns.

VAChief
08-31-2008, 08:10 AM

Can you explain based on policy statements? If so I would love to see a direct link. If not, you just sound stupid.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Can you explain based on policy statements? If so I would love to see a direct link. If not, you just sound stupid.

He's calling him a socialist and or marxist

just smile at the pretty people

StcChief
08-31-2008, 08:46 AM
He's calling him a socialist and or marxist

just smile at the pretty people
oh you mean the Libs in LA with their mansions...

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
oh you mean the Libs in LA with their mansions..."what" ain't no how many houses i ever heard