PDA

View Full Version : Elections Palin not mother of Trig Paxson Van Palin

Pages : [1] 2 3

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/121350/137

esterday, with the news of Sarah Louise Heath Palin inexplicably being chosen as a Vice-Presidential nominee, the attentive American public was also introduced to her character. Unfortunately for all of us, it was filled with multiple instances of backtracking and outright lies. While Alaskans had been giving her an 80% approval rating, recently 87% of Alaskans polled on the subject of TrooperGate believed she was lying.

Now, I've known liars in my life. Their single core problem is not with themselves, but those around them. If they're never called out on their twisting of truths and fabrications, they simply continue to make larger lies.

Well, Sarah, I'm calling you a liar. And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better.

ArcXIX's diary :: ::
The story begins on March 6th, when Sarah decided to come forward and announce to the world that she was pregnant, a monumental occasion for an acting Governor. Republican Governor Jane Maria Swift of Massachusetts was the first sitting Governor in United States history to give birth in office just seven years before, and now here we were once again. Yet, no one could believe the news:

JUNEAU -- Gov. Sarah Palin shocked and awed just about everybody around the Capitol on Wednesday when she announced she's expecting her fifth child.

Palin said she's already about seven months along, with the baby due to arrive in mid-May.

That the pregnancy is so advanced astonished all who heard the news. The governor, a runner who's always been trim, simply doesn't look pregnant.

Even close members of her staff said they only learned this week their boss was expecting.

"I thought it was becoming obvious," Palin said. "You know, clothes getting snugger and snugger."

But people just couldn't believe the news.

"Really? No!" said Bethel state Rep. Mary Nelson, who is close to giving birth herself.

"It's wonderful. She's very well-disguised," said Senate President Lyda Green, a mother of three who has sometimes sparred with Palin politically. "When I was five months pregnant, there was absolutely no question that I was with child."

Palin said she's not aiming to take any time off from her job as governor, assuming all goes well with the pregnancy.

With Palin riding extraordinarily high popularity ratings, pundits have mentioned her as a potential vice presidential candidate. But she said Wednesday night she's "not pursuing or perpetuating it," adding, "I have no desire to leave my job at all as governor."

She's known as a fashion plate, but said she hasn't been dressing differently to cover her barely perceptible bulge.

Funny quote on her having no desire for the Vice-Presidency aside, the article is direly clear. No one knew she was pregnant, not even her own staff. Quite a feat. Why the secrecy? Sarah has never given an answer, and upon further reading, no one has bothered to ask.

Seven months into a pregnancy, and no one noticed.

Even Harry Houdini would be impressed.

And how could anyone tell? Sarah's waistline never changed. Her wardrobe still remained tight and professional. In a video posted in February (nearing five months of pregnancy at the time), Sarah is seen trim, and walking around all of Juneau, Alaska.

@5:50

..."I like running the hills, it kills me, that's why I like it, I mean it thrashes your guts..."

Not exactly terminology said by a pregnant mother. Six months into pregnancy, she attended the National Governor's Association at the White House:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8573/govsportraitnga2008largad8.jpg
(Full Hi-Res, Far Left)

The Associated Press provides two photos in this timespan, one three days later on February 28th:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2258/ap080301034213large1492py4.jpg

And another three days before the announcement, on March 3rd:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6610/ap080226021030copy3largke3.jpg

Here she is, seven months pregnant, three days after her official announcement:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9515/3073504041standaloneprovb5.jpg

And one week later:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6475/610x1ap7.jpg

And that infamous video in which Sarah trashes Hillary Clinton? That was at the Newsweek Women & Leadership Event in Los Angeles, in March:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEUG0XZ9OpY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEUG0XZ9OpY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

After previous pregnancies (in this case, four), and at later ages, the female body is meant to adjust and show changes earlier, not later as in Sarah's unprecedented case.

On Friday, April 18th, 2008, Sarah and her husband Todd were in Dallas, Texas for a Republican Governor's Convention. They had been in town for three days already, but Sarah had yet to give her keynote speaker address on energy policy. Then early Friday morning at 4:00am, Sarah began leaking amniotic fluid. Instead of checking into a hospital, she instead made a call to her doctor, and delivered the keynote speech.

"I was not going to miss that speech," she says.

She rushed so quickly from the podium afterwards that Texas Gov. Rick Perry nervously asked if she was about to deliver the baby then.

The oddities only grow from here on, as instead of rushing to a Dallas medical facility that could treat a mother who's amniotic fluid has been draining for hours on end (made even more crucial due to the fact that this is occurring a full month prematurely), Sarah & Todd instead opted to... Fly all the way back from Texas to Alaska. A dangerous choice, as with each pregnancy (once again, in this case after four previous), a mother's window of labor to delivery grows shorter and shorter.

Aboard Alaska Airlines, the flight lasted for eight hours, with an additional landing in Seattle. The majority of commercial airlines require mothers seven months pregnant to provide a doctor's letter to fly, but Sarah did not inform the airline of her condition. Alaska Airlines is one of the few airlines that do not require such a notice, despite the possibility of an emergency landings being required in such scenarios. That said, no one on board noticed that Sarah was going into labor:

"We leave the decision to fly up to our customers and their medical advisers," according to Alaska Airlines representative Caroline Boren.

"Governor Palin was extremely pleasant to flight attendants and her stage of pregnancy was not apparent by observation as she didn’t show any signs of distress," Boren said.

Eight months pregnant. A 6.2 pound fetus. No one notices a visible trace. By the third trimester, a perfectly fit woman not wearing anything less than a space suit should be easily spotted as pregnant. Not in Sarah's case.

The plane then made a landing in Anchorage, Alaska. Does Sarah then visit a medical facility that can accommodate a premature birth in Alaska's most equipped city? No. She drives 45 minutes away, to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, right outside the small village she used to govern as Mayor, Wasilla. Trig Palin is then delivered one month premature, Friday night. Sarah returned to work after three days.

The inherent need to absolutely have Trig delivered in a remote and possibly ill-equipped facility for premature deliveries, where Sarah would likely have numerous contacts and pull, does not sit well. The doctor, Cathy Baldwin-Johnson, approving of all of these actions borders on malpractice. Not treating leaking amniotic fluid causes infections, and time is of the essence after water breaks. Husband Todd Palin simply delivers this winner of a line:

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas," said Todd.

A poor motivation, to be sure. Another motivation began making its rounds in the Alaskan legislature, where everyone was initially shocked to hear the news.

Sarah Palin was not pregnant with child.

Her sixteen year-old daughter was.

Checking with the Anchorage High School that Bristol Palin attended, reporters were given word that her family had taken Bristol out of school due to contracting infectious mononucleosis. The amount of time Bristol was absent shifts from five to eight months.

Mono can last anywhere from two weeks to three months, but an eight month infection is a freak oddity. Yet it remains a common excuse given by girls in private & Catholic schools around the nation when pregnancy comes into play. Not the first time, not the last time.

The following photograph of Bristol has been dated late 2007:

(Full Hi-Res, Right)

And the following photograph was printed in the Anchorage Daily News, on March 9th:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1113/6873504039standaloneprokr3.jpg

Bristol is pregnant in these pictures. She is not carrying belly fat, which grows outwardly wide, and does not become dome-shaped. That's because fat is generally evenly distributed around the abdomen and a fetus is not. Bristol's chest is sticking out, a normal body reaction when sucking in stomach muscles.

Yesterday, the State of Alaska has also moved Sarah's photo page three different times from

http://gov.state.ak.us/...

to

http://www1.gov.state.ak.us/...

to

http://gov.state.ak.us/...

... With losses of photos from January & April.

The final point of interest is that Trig Palin has been diagnosed with Down's syndrome (aka trisomy 21). This is an interesting point, as chances of having offspring with Down's Syndrome increases from under 1% to 3% after a mother reaches the age of 40. However, 80% of the cases of Down's Syndrome are in mother's under the age of 35, through sheer quantities of births in this age group.

People like to think the vetting process is secure, and completed months ahead of time, but ABC News has reported otherwise, painting a picture of a quick vetting process for Sarah by a small, but secretive group of McCain's legal staff. A proper vetting process under those circumstances would only go so far, and the true media vetting process has just begun.

It doesn't come as a surprise that this story was never properly researched. Palin was never on the National scene for more than a few minutes at a time, and local reporting only goes so far on a governor with an 80% approval rating. However, the motivation to cover daughter's pregnancy aligns with her political standings. She valiantly did not perform an abortion, but fell into the fundamentalist way of thinking, and covered up for the illicit (but natural) action's of her daughter.

There could be calls below to delete this information. Calls that this type of information is muckraking and 'below us'. The truth is not below any progressive, nor any citizen of the world that is one heartbeat away from having Palin as leader of the free world. We simply ask that she be forthright, honest, and not waste our time with such juvenile games that anyone with eyes can see as fabrication.

Bristol Palin rightfully should be able to embrace her child in public as her own, with no shame, and no quarter. And a mother should be just as accepting.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Holy shit.

If this is true...

I don't even know what the consequences may be...

Holy shit.

Silock
08-31-2008, 03:17 AM
I can't imagine that this wasn't investigated before the VP nomination was made.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:23 AM
I can't imagine that this wasn't investigated before the VP nomination was made.

Well, several 'Planet members had noticed the bump around the daughter's appearance in several pics posted.

Nothing would surprise me.

In either case.

FAX
08-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Okay. This is truly odd.

Congratulations, President Obama.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2008, 03:26 AM
So, okay, assuming that any of this really happened in Gov. Palin's life, tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged by.

Silock
08-31-2008, 03:29 AM
Well, several 'Planet members had noticed the bump around the daughter's appearance in several pics posted.

Nothing would surprise me.

In either case.

Yeah, but different women carry weight differently. Her daughter isn't exactly thin.

I'm not making a judgment about this issue either way, because I don't know the facts. But they had to have known about this issue, if the internet knows 1 day later.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Van Palin?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

This just keeps getting better and better...

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:31 AM
Yeah, but different women carry weight differently. Her daughter isn't exactly thin.

I'm not making a judgment about this issue either way, because I don't know the facts. But they had to have known about this issue, if the internet knows 1 day later.

Not necessarily.

I'm not taking a position on this issue but if true, McCain is sunk.

And so is Palin.

Silock
08-31-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm not taking a position on this issue but if true, McCain is sunk.

And so is Palin.

Agreed.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 03:54 AM
There is a 99% chance this is bullshit, but for the past couple of days I've been boggling at the idea of her fifth pregnancy being an 8-hour labor, featuring a speech thirty minutes after her water broke and her taking a flight from DALLAS TO ALASKA and showing no signs of discomfort. It's weird, if nothing else.

It's also something that shouldn't be touched with a ten-foot pole, regardless of its veracity. She's an awful pick, but not for this. Leave it to the National Enquirer try to break this sort of story and focus on her horrible policy positions and the blatant pandering the McCain campaign is attempting.

I can't imagine that this wasn't investigated before the VP nomination was made.Wellll, this IS the McCain campaign.

So, okay, assuming that any of this really happened in Gov. Palin's life, tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged by.It's not the "crime" (her daughter getting knocked up*). It's the cover-up.

*Abstinence-only education!!!!!

And again, I do not advocate pursuing this line of "research." But this is funny:

http://i34.tinypic.com/8xrf6d.jpg

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:56 AM
So, okay, assuming that any of this really happened in Gov. Palin's life, tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged by.

Dishonesty.

Plain and simple.

Though I doubt it's true.

Friendo
08-31-2008, 06:58 AM
There is a 99% chance this is bullshit, but for the past couple of days I've been boggling at the idea of her fifth pregnancy being an 8-hour labor, featuring a speech thirty minutes after her water broke and her taking a flight from DALLAS TO ALASKA and showing no signs of discomfort. It's weird, if nothing else.

It's also something that shouldn't be touched with a ten-foot pole, regardless of its veracity. She's an awful pick, but not for this. Leave it to the National Enquirer try to break this sort of story and focus on her horrible policy positions and the blatant pandering the McCain campaign is attempting.

Wellll, this IS the McCain campaign.

It's not the "crime" (her daughter getting knocked up*). It's the cover-up.

*Abstinence-only education!!!!!

And again, I do not advocate pursuing this line of "research." But this is funny:

http://i34.tinypic.com/8xrf6d.jpg

damn that's funny! totally agree---"Abstinence-only" BO could create a whole speech around that alone. this will be interesting.

and to add an "Enquirer" comment: check out the family photo, and the respective "smiles for the camera"...or lackthereof

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Chances are, ink-stained wretches are plumbing Palin's every past public utterance desperately seeking the evidence that proves she too is an amiable dunce. Of course, any misstatement on the campaign trail will serve as prima facie proof of her dim intellect. True, political observers have formed gambling pools wagering on when Joe Biden will make his first hilarious gaffe as Barack Obama's running mate. While that gaffe, inevitable as it is, may do damage to the ticket, no one on the New York Times editorial board will conclude from it that Joe Biden isn't that bright. Sarah Palin will not receive the same benefit of the doubt.

In some ways, being Sarah Palin for the next two months and change doesn't sound like a lot of fun. In spite of her many and notable self-made successes, an entire intellectual industry has already sprouted up with the sole intention of proving that she's a moron. The left wants to Quayle-ize her, and their efforts to do so won't be half-hearted.

But there is good news for Sarah Palin as the latter-day Howell Raineses and Clark Cliffords line up to smear her: She controls how the American people will come to view her much more than they do. There's a reason her excellent speech on Friday set off such a firestorm of rage and irrational hissy-fits on the left. Speaking directly to the American people, Palin cut an attractive and intelligent figure. Regardless of the left's anger, the American people will believe their own eyes rather than a frustrated blogger's or haughty anchorman's blustery "analysis."

Dean Barnett is a staff writer at THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

Programmer
08-31-2008, 07:44 AM

It was, the people that are bring you this story are of the same ilk of those that brought you the 9/11 conspiracy.

You'd at least think they would come up with something believable.

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 07:58 AM
I considered posting this story but I wanted to wait until there was more evidence before touching this with a 10-foot pole.

The pregancy story is a pretty interesting story though. Here is a woman that didn't tell anyone that she was pregnant until 7 months along, in all the pictures during that time she wasn't showing at all, her water broke at a conference but she went ahead and made a speech, flew 8 hours from Texas to Alaska with a stopover in Seattle with no one knowing her water broke, then drove another hour from the airport to the hospital to deliver the baby.

I don't know that just doesn't seem plausible to me. I am not saying it is not her baby but maybe some parts of that story she told are exaggerated or not true much like Hillary's Bosnia story.

Though it won't be long before the National Enquirer gets to the bottom of it.

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
OMG Burn her at the stake!:rolleyes:

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 08:13 AM
OMG Burn her at the stake!:rolleyes:

Well if this story ends up true and she lied and claimed the baby as her own for political purposes McCain and her are DONE and they may get 30% of the vote.

max sleeper
08-31-2008, 08:45 AM
:eek: The whole story of her daughter being out of school 5-8 months sure does not look good. And in that picture of the family... that young lady sure looks prego. to me. Wonder if the big networks will take hold? Go Chiefs!!!

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I considered posting this story but I wanted to wait until there was more evidence before touching this with a 10-foot pole.

The pregancy story is a pretty interesting story though. Here is a woman that didn't tell anyone that she was pregnant until 7 months along, in all the pictures during that time she wasn't showing at all, her water broke at a conference but she went ahead and made a speech, flew 8 hours from Texas to Alaska with a stopover in Seattle with no one knowing her water broke, then drove another hour from the airport to the hospital to deliver the baby.

I don't know that just doesn't seem plausible to me. I am not saying it is not her baby but maybe some parts of that story she told are exaggerated or not true much like Hillary's Bosnia story.

Though it won't be long before the National Enquirer gets to the bottom of it.

Currently there is no evidence. So why are you posting?

VAChief
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
It seems plausible if the timelines and information is factual...I know families will go to great lengths cover these things up for their daughters (especially those deeply religious)...I have a friend whose daughter chose to have her baby (she's 19) out of wedlock and the pastor (Methodist) told her she was no longer welcome in the youth choir! "It would send the wrong message!"

I hope it isn't true for her daughter's sake. The ironic thing is, it would probably have helped her more politically if this is true and she was honest about it. Everyone has issues in their life, if she helped her daughter raise her disabled child, it would go further to support her views than trying to hide it.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 09:07 AM
WoW! Daily Kos complains about Bush lies and someone says that. This is so over the top shrill bunk it says more about the Daily Kos. Someone is afraid!

My own aunt was 7 months pregnant in her 40's and even she never knew it. It can happen.
But also, some women do not like to announce, especially if older, in case something happens to baby.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM

normally I'd ask you the same question, however you dont post anything but attacks so its a mute point

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:10 AM
normally I'd ask you the same question, however you dont post anything but attacks so its a mute point

That's totally a lie, but I didn't expect you to see further than my responses to mental midgets like you.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:12 AM
That's totally a lie, but I didn't expect you to see further than my responses to mental midgets like you.

see an attack

lol

StcChief
08-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Daily "communist" Kos what do you expect

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
So, if this is found to be untrue how many of you will retract your snide comments about Palin and her daughter?

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM

You have been banned multiple times why are you still here? You must not have much of life to keep coming back here when no one wants you here.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
So, if this is found to be untrue how many of you will retract your snide comments about Palin and her daughter?

about them being hot, not a chance

I think she is awesome, personally, by McCain picking her how could he even go the "experience" route

It's funny he's been blasting Obama for that and then picks her

VAChief
08-31-2008, 09:17 AM

Where did anyone say it was true? If so, then yes they should retract. I said it was plausible if the information was factual. I certainly wouldn't go off this one publication.

Considering you thought Corsi's BS was okay to post as factual you really have no standing to criticize when someone poses this as just merely possible.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 09:17 AM
about them being hot, not a chance

I think she is awesome, personally, by McCain picking her how could he even go the "experience" route

It's funny he's been blasting Obama for that and then picks her

I think it allows Mac to bring the experience point up even more on Obama.
Afterall, it's the left that's making her experience a big deal too.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I think it allows Mac to bring the experience point up even more on Obama.
Afterall, it's the left that's making her experience a big deal too.

how do you bring that up?

This office needs the experience to lead, but my VP who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency of an old man can't.

Sully
08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Interesting story. Certainly a trail to look into.
But I don't know if I'd even be mad at her if it were true. Beyond the fact that she lied for political convenience, you could also argue she lied to shield her daughter from some overwraught persecution for making a poor decision. IMO, that could easily fall under the good parenting banner.
That said, if it's true, she's sunk.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 09:30 AM
how do you bring that up?

This office needs the experience to lead, but my VP who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency of an old man can't.

Be real. Obama's resume is thin too.
Their records are different in type of experience but in years alone 11.5 (Obama) 16 (Palin) is not that huge a difference to crow about.
You can't make this argument when your guy is in the same camp.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh, and I'd like to add. Her husband is handsome and sexy.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Their records are different in type of experience but in years alone 11.5 (Obama) 16 (Palin) is not that huge a difference to crow about.

I was speaking from their perspective

however yo proved my point

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:37 AM
You have been banned multiple times why are you still here? You must not have much of life to keep coming back here when no one wants you here.

Your wants and desires are not my concern. I want to be here so I can continue to cause you ulcers. Looks to be working! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Your wants and desires are not my concern. I want to be here so I can continue to cause you ulcers. Looks to be working! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

you give yourself a lot of credit

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:38 AM

You can't make that argument as well considering that she is not running for President but Obama is.

Programmer
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM
you give yourself a lot of credit

I'd guess you are taking mylanta every day as well. ROFLROFLROFL

Why else would you be going ballistic over anything I say?

You just can't hack it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 09:40 AM

Mayors of small towns do less than nothing.

tmax63
08-31-2008, 09:53 AM
She at least has a couple of years of executive experience at the governor level. That's a couple more years than Obama or Biden. It's a couple more years of CnC of the Alaska National Guard also. I find her lack of experience inside the beltway refreshing.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh, and I'd like to add. Her husband is handsome and sexy.Eskimos do it in... an igloo?

Adept Havelock
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM
IF true, I'll take it as another shining indicator of what a jeebus-fearin', socially conservative, abstinence-only upbringing can achieve.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
She at least has a couple of years of executive experience at the governor level. That's a couple more years than Obama or Biden.OR MCCAIN.

Dallas Chief
08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Low, low, low for posting this man. LOW. Even if it's true, it hasn't been proven yet, which makes it patently false until then. You are participating in that which you despise and that makes you a hypocrite.

wazu
08-31-2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.polartrec.com/node/3944

Submitted by Elizabeth Eubanks on April 29, 2008 - 1:34pm.

While delayed in the New Orleans Airport, I reflect back to my airport surprise when leaving Fairbanks after the PolarTREC Orientation in March. I look around and wonder if I will see the Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal milling about and waiting to catch a flight. Doubtful since most Governors travel via private aircraft at least around their own state. Governor Jindal cruises Louisiana in a three million dollar state police helicopter. This is not the case for Alaska’s Governor Sarah Palin.

There were several of us PolarTRECers waiting in the Fairbanks, AK airport to catch our planes home. We were chatting about all we had learned when Kristen Timm, ARCUS administrator said “ Look, there is the Hottest Governor in the United States” as she has been publicly deemed by media and fans.

Of course I had to check out the “Hottest Governor in the US” and quickly turned to see her pregnant (she has since had her baby) with bags and daughter in tote. Then it struck me as odd. Why is the Governor of Alaska in the airport and preparing to get onto my commercial flight?

I questioned PolarTRECer Craig Kasemodel an Alaskan resident. He let me know that Governor Palin sold the corporate jet after securing her official Governor position.

Governor Pallin said she would sell the jet because it was impractical and that the Alaska state inventory would be relieved of this dept. The jet was sold on EBay to Larry Reynolds for 2.1 million dollars.

Not only is Governor Palin “Hot”, but she is also very kind.

I approached the Governor and told her a little bit about PolarTREC and why I was in Alaska. She told me that she knew of the program and then introduced me to her adorable daughter Piper. We chatted about Florida and Barrow, Alaska and flying commercial. She said she really enjoys and prefers flying with people who either live in or are visiting Alaska. She even flies coach! She was kind enough to take several photos with me.

http://www.polartrec.com/ptrecgallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=25597

banyon
08-31-2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.polartrec.com/ptrecgallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=25597

Pretty difficult to tell in any of these pictures.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Palin has the moonbats worried.

RJ
08-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Probably nothing. But we see outrage over nothing every day and I doubt this would be any different.

Not that it matters. No f@gging way that story is true.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Probably nothing. But we see outrage over nothing every day and I doubt this would be any different.

Not that it matters. No f@gging way that story is true.Wait, you really don't see anything wrong with constructing an elaborate lie to cover something up?

I think it's bullshit, too, but something like that actually happening would be more of an automatic disqualification than kicking a referee in the head.

RJ
08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Wait, you really don't see anything wrong with constructing an elaborate lie to cover something up?

I think it's bullshit, too, but something like that actually happening would be more of an automatic disqualification than kicking a referee in the head.

I agree the lie is bad. But the act itself, if it were true, would just be a mother doing what she could to protect her daughter and unborn grandchild.

I understand your point but I also believe we concern ourselves way too much with the private lives of politicians. If in fact her kid did get pregnant it shouldn't be something that has to be covered up.

Hypothetically speaking and all.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Low, low, low for posting this man. LOW. Even if it's true, it hasn't been proven yet, which makes it patently false until then. You are participating in that which you despise and that makes you a hypocrite.

ROFL

I didn't write the story. I just posted it here to see what people thought. And that's low.
:spock:
ROFL

banyon
08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Palin has the moonbats worried.

You know, "moonbat" is typically something you'd reserve for crazy conspiracy theories. Using it every day in every other post against people who simply disagree with you with the ordinary mainstream party position sort of makes it lose its effectiveness.

It also lowers the general civility of the forum that HonestChieffan is pining for so desperately.

Messier
08-31-2008, 10:57 AM
You know, "moonbat" is typically something you'd reserve for crazy conspiracy theories. Using it every day in every other post against people who simply disagree with you with the ordinary mainstream party position sort of makes it lose its effectiveness.

It also lowers the general civility of the forum that HonestChieffan is pining for so desperately.

Typical moonbat response.

Basileus777
08-31-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not buying this. If she was capable of executing an elaborate plan to hide her daughter's pregnancy, you would think she would be able to deliberately gain some weight as well....

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 11:04 AM

It also lowers the general civility of the forum that HonestChieffan is pining for so desperately.If you think everyone else is a moonbat, odds are pretty good that you're one.

VonneMarie
08-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Wow. She stole that right out of the Desperate Housewives storyline. You know the one where Bree fakes being pregnant because her young daughter Danielle gets knocked up by Edies nephew.

Dallas Chief
08-31-2008, 11:12 AM
ROFL

I didn't write the story. I just posted it here to see what people thought. And that's low.
ROFL

Really? Duh! :shake:

Not the point. You are propigating a nasty personal attack story made against Gov. Palin and more importantly her underage daughter. The main source being a far left wing smear vault. I just think it's hypocritical to denounce others for digging into Obama's past and trying to make hay out of nothing- a la Rezko and Jeremiah Wright- Obama's personal business. Then spread garbage like this. You probably don't care what I think and that's OK, but posting this garbage devalues your postion, IMHO, on other more relevant topics. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but dirk had the right approach- leave it alone until the facts are known.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 11:12 AM
She at least has a couple of years of executive experience at the governor level. That's a couple more years than Obama or Biden. It's a couple more years of CnC of the Alaska National Guard also. I find her lack of experience inside the beltway refreshing.But seriously, folks. Eight years here:

http://i33.tinypic.com/28baeio.jpg

Is exactly the same as six years here:

http://i34.tinypic.com/256xy7d.jpg

banyon
08-31-2008, 11:15 AM

Not the point. You are propigating a nasty personal attack story made against Gov. Palin and more importantly her underage daughter. The main source being a far left wing smear vault. I just think it's hypocritical to denounce others for digging into Obama's past and trying to make hay out of nothing- a la Rezko and Jeremiah Wright- Obama's personal business. Then spread garbage like this. You probably don't care what I think and that's OK, but posting this garbage devalues your postion, IMHO, on other more relevant topics. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but dirk had the right approach- leave it alone until the facts are known.

I don't think there's anything wrong with relaying a story, especially on a football website sub-forum. People post less credible stuff than this all the time. If you had to wait until there was an official judgment on these sort of things, there would be very little interest or news in politics at all.

banyon
08-31-2008, 11:16 AM

Is that a drive-thru window?

VAChief
08-31-2008, 11:17 AM
But seriously, folks. Eight years here:

All that's missing is Ed, Holling, Joel, Maggie, Holling, Shelley, Joel, and the wandering moose!

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM

First of all, it's not a nasty personal attack. It's a carefully laid out proposal. And it's pretty intriguing because of depth of thee claims.

Secondly, I didn't say whether I think this is an issue even if it's true, that was an assumption on your part.

And what do you mean by more relevant topics? Are you posting your shit in HCF's threads? What about Jake2000's 55 poll threads?

Deberg_1990
08-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Wow...

So whos the father then? John Edwards??

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 11:33 AM

I don't know where you are getting 16 years experience

2 years City council
6 years Mayor
1 1/2 years Governor

In fact I wouldn't even count city council as actual experience but whatever

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Actually I could care less about you

RINGLEADER
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM
OK. I'll play. Does anyone have photos of her previous (and I presume unchallenged) pregnancies? Maybe she just doesn't show a lot and has a chubby daughter? Naw, it's much more likely that this story is real I'm sure.

penchief
08-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Nothing. It happens all the time.

However, the last thing we need is more holier than thou types imposing their one-sided moral, political, and economic beliefs on the rest of the country when they are not forthright themselves.

That said, I'd be surprised if any of this were true. If it's not true then those perpetuating this story are no better than the smear merchants who own and operate the republican party. However, if it is true it will reinforce the evolving realization that there is a huge disconnect between what the republican party says and does in order to get elected and the reality.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Why would they go though all the trouble to cover up her daughter being pregnant if she actually was?

What is she? 18? 16? Thats not exactly a big deal anymore in todays society.

penchief
08-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Why would they go though all the trouble to cover up her daughter being pregnant if she actually was?

What is she? 18? 16? Thats not exactly a big deal anymore in todays society.

If you're a holy roller and you don't approve of a woman's right to contraception, you might feel ashamed that your underage daughter was going to give birth to a bastard child. And because the holy roller crowd can be quite judgmental, maybe she felt compelled to protect her child and her family from that embarassment and the scorn.

And maybe, because her political career has been crafted from "conservative" moral values she thought that such news would be detrimental to her political career. And for the same reason maybe she felt that the "40-year old mother who doesn't believe in contraception or abortion so has a baby but still keeps on working to fight corruption for the good people of Alaska" narrative could actually work to salvage some political benefit out of the situation.

Friendo
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Nothing. It happens all the time.

However, the last thing we need is more holier than thou types imposing their one-sided moral, political, and economic beliefs on the rest of the country when they are not forthright themselves.

That said, I'd be surprised if any of this were true. If it's not true then those perpetuating this story are no better than the smear merchants who own and operate the republican party. However, if it is true it will reinforce the evolving realization that there is a huge disconnect between what the republican party says and does in order to get elected and the reality.

BINGO!

banyon
08-31-2008, 12:04 PM
OK. I'll play. Does anyone have photos of her previous (and I presume unchallenged) pregnancies? Maybe she just doesn't show a lot and has a chubby daughter? Naw, it's much more likely that this story is real I'm sure.

Considering that her next prior pregnancy was 7 years ago before she was in the public sphere, those photos are probably going to be limited to her family photo albums.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Until something a bit more than innuendo shows up, this is a lame smear.

The story about her water breaking and everything that ensued needs an explanation though, because that sounds like complete negligence.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 12:29 PM
awesome.

Thig Lyfe
08-31-2008, 12:29 PM
So I guess Trig was named after the class during which she was conceived, eh?

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Here are some pictures of her in march and she does look chunky. Though it is hard to reconcile with the other pictures taken in the same time frame.

I find it hard to imagine this story to be true but I have a hard time believing her story about her water breaking and then flying 9 hours to a hospital in Alaska.

http://alaskareport.com/images31/palin_pregnant.jpg

http://community.adn.com/sites/community.adn.com/files/images/govp_washingtondc2008_large.preview.jpg

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 12:40 PM
WOW, I don't know what's worst, a cover up or a story full of shit.........

If true, McCain loses , big ........

If not true, the damage and the questions will still persist.

Just WOW .... I'm lost for words.

Friendo
08-31-2008, 12:44 PM

If true, Kerry loses , big ........

fyp

http://www.swiftvets.com/

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 12:50 PM
fyp

http://www.swiftvets.com/

Nothing like personal gain......heh ?

Saggysack
08-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't care if the story is true or not. But what kind of mother flies around her due date where every OB/GYN in the country would highly advise against? Why didn't she seek medical treatment in TX where her water broke? What kind of judgement does a person have that says to themselves, "my water broke, I'm making a speech and then getting on a plane."

Something is amiss. Whether it is her critical decision making skills or a coverup. Anyone who values their life and that of their unborn child does not make the decisions she has purported to make.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
But seriously, folks. Eight years here:

Apparently, it's the same to "moonbats".

What the hell is a moonbat anyway?

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Don't care if the story is true or not. But what kind of mother flies around her due date where every OB/GYN in the country would highly advise against? Why didn't she seek medical treatment in TX where her water broke? What kind of judgement does a person have that says to themselves, "my water broke, I'm making a speech and then getting on a plane.".

Yeah, that's the thing that should be taken from this story. It definitely deserves some kind of explanation.

Friendo
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Nothing like personal gain......heh ?

it's the Big Leagues Roy--don't go up to the plate if you can't take a brush-back...ain't that what Manager Karl sez?

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 12:57 PM
it's the Big Leagues Roy--don't go up to the plate if you can't take a brush-back...ain't that what Manager Karl sez?

That's why I said, Nothing like personal gain, it happens, both parties . Big Leagues is it, all's fair in love and war, politicians declare war during election years.

It's the norm .....

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Don't care if the story is true or not. But what kind of mother flies around her due date where every OB/GYN in the country would highly advise against? Why didn't she seek medical treatment in TX where her water broke? What kind of judgement does a person have that says to themselves, "my water broke, I'm making a speech and then getting on a plane."

Something is amiss. Whether it is her critical decision making skills or a coverup. Anyone who values their life and that of their unborn child does not make the decisions she has purported to make.

Yep, this will come down to judgment calls, something the dems will feast on on her ability to govern.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM

If true, McCain loses , big ........

First off, it's what's worse, not worst.

Secondly, if you think that a phony story is exactly the same as a cover up, then - well, JFC, I'm at a loss for words.

Saggysack
08-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, that's the thing that should be taken from this story. It definitely deserves some kind of explanation.

Yes. She needs to explain herself.

Friendo
08-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Yep, this will come down to judgment calls, something the dems will feast on on her ability to govern.

ftr--I don't like dirty politics any more than I suspect you do. My wife is one-o-those pissed off Hillary supporters, but the comment she made last night was "what kind of woman would run for VP with an infant DS child"?

FAX
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Well ... as compelling and detailed as the original story was, it doesn't seem to be getting much traction, at least so far. According to Huffington, the doctors and nurses aren't backing it up. They've probably been paid off in oil futures.

Poor little baby. It will never know who its mommy is.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM
The difference between a lot of the libs and the RWNJ's on this site is that if something like this was posted about Michelle Obama, the RWNJ's would be defending this to the hilt, and the ones who didn't agree with it would remain silent.

banyon
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Weird.

Palin Laughs As Opponent Is Called "Bitch," "Cancer," Mocked For Her Weight (AUDIO)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKkydrUnBZE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKkydrUnBZE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Friendo
Well ... as compelling and detailed as the original story was, it doesn't seem to be getting much traction, at least so far. According to Huffington, the doctors and nurses aren't backing it up. They've probably been paid off in oil futures.

Poor little baby. It will never know who its mommy is.

FAX

maybe not Mr. FAX, but should it ever want to know, it can check with the insurance company ;)

Ari Chi3fs
Her water breaks, she makes a keynote speech, then flies 8 hours to Alaska, and she's carrying a baby with Down's Syndrome. This either shows poor decision-making skills, or she had a desperate need to be back in Alaska for some reason. I'm just saying...

wazu
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Well ... as compelling and detailed as the original story was, it doesn't seem to be getting much traction, at least so far. According to Huffington, the doctors and nurses aren't backing it up.

Of course they aren't. Guess we'll probably have to wait a day or so to see what the next unbelievably unscrupulous smear is. Surely they can find some new way to smear her other children, or her husband.

I just don't want to hear any more crying the next time something hideous like this is spread about Barack, Shah of the Muslim Nation.

wazu
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Her water breaks, she makes a keynote speech, then flies 8 hours to Alaska, and she's carrying a baby with Down's Syndrome. This either shows poor decision-making skills, or she had a desperate need to be back in Alaska for some reason. I'm just saying...

Do you really feel qualified to tell a mother of five how to have a baby?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Of course they aren't. Guess we'll probably have to wait a day or so to see what the next unbelievably unscrupulous smear is. Surely they can find some new way to smear her other children, or her husband.

I just don't want to hear any more crying the next time something hideous like this is spread about Barack, Shah of the Muslim Nation.

F*ck off.

No one here is defending this story, but there were dipf*cks coming out of the woodwork to support Obama-Muslim bullshit.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 01:23 PM

Uh oh, the 'Mother of Five' card.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 01:25 PM

Pregnant passengers traveling within a month of the due date must obtain a medical certificate dated within 72 hours of departure stating that she is fit to travel.

FAX
08-31-2008, 01:27 PM

It is best, in my view, Mr. Adam, for thoughtful Americans to not allow themselves to be drawn into the kind of mudslinging represented by this story. The parties do this on purpose. And that purpose is to keep the American people's ire focused on and directed at the other "side" which diverts our attention from issues that can actually be addressed, problems that can actually be solved, and goals that can actually be achieved. There is little, meaningful difference between the two "parties" ... just the perception of one. Our real enemy is the established political system and the corrupt, power-mad few who feed from its breast for decades on end.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
So a story from the dailykos might prove to be completely false? No way!

For grins, though, the backlash from such a charge being true would make for entertaining television for weeks.

banyon
08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Uh oh, the 'Mother of Five' card.

Mother of Five in a POW Camp! Untouchable!

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Pregnant passengers traveling within a month of the due date must obtain a medical certificate dated within 72 hours of departure stating that she is fit to travel.

Really? I never knew that. I was disallowed riding on a mild water ride at an amusement park.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
You can't make that argument as well considering that she is not running for President but Obama is.

Yes I can because she may replace an old man. It may be less so but not so.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Really? I never knew that. I was disallowed riding on a mild water ride at an amusement park.

We were told just this year that there was to be no flying whatwoever during the third trimester.

Additionally, there are tests taken early on that help determine whether or not you'll have a Down baby, especially after the age of 35. My wife was 35 last year when she became pregnant and we had ultrasounds every two weeks for the first 7 months of the pregnancy and every week after that until delivery.

It's extremely odd to me that any woman would be this active so late in her pregnancy, especially knowing that she's carrying a child with Down Syndrome.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Mayors of small towns do less than nothing.

Compared to what? Community organizers?

Doesn't wash.

banyon
08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Compared to what? Community organizers?

Doesn't wash.

I didn't know that Obama was trying to count his time as a Community organizer as "executive experience".

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGTe1vF679U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGTe1vF679U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't know where you are getting 16 years experience

2 years City council
6 years Mayor
1 1/2 years Governor

In fact I wouldn't even count city council as actual experience but whatever

She's been on boards and commissions regarding public affairs.
I see that as comparable to community organizer work.
She also went to Harvard as did Obama.

wazu
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM

So? Are you saying she didn't have the proper certificate?

banyon
08-31-2008, 01:55 PM

Jesus I am on boards too, maybe I could be president. Just need to find a small town to be mayor of... plenty of those in Kansas.

SBK
08-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Disgusting attack. Left is running scared on this one it seems.......

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM

What?

She received a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

I have found no evidence anywhere that she attended Harvard University.

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Disgusting attack. Left is running scared on this one it seems.......

Let them go crazy!!! I love it!! they are showing their true family values!!

ROFL

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM

LMAO

She has a degree in Journalism from the University of Idaho. That's about the extent of her education.

I get Harvard and the University of Idaho mixed up all the time too.

banyon
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
LMAO

She has a degree in Journalism from the University of Idaho. That's about the extent of her education.

Hey, Jared Allen is a Harvard graduate, er...oh.

wazu
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
F*ck off.

No one here is defending this story, but there were dipf*cks coming out of the woodwork to support Obama-Muslim bullshit.

I don't remember calling out people in this forum as being responsible for it, but this thread has been at the top of the forum all day with a title that repeats the smear as if it is fact. This was followed by people actually entertaining the possiblity and bouncing observations and arguments back and forth.

Of course most sensible people finally come to the conclusion that it is a baseless attack, but not until the lie has continued to spread farther. It's what the original authors were hoping for all along, and it's disgusting no matter which side is doing it.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
We were told just this year that there was to be no flying whatwoever during the third trimester.

Additionally, there are tests taken early on that help determine whether or not you'll have a Down baby, especially after the age of 35. My wife was 35 last year when she became pregnant and we had ultrasounds every two weeks for the first 7 months of the pregnancy and every week after that until delivery.

It's extremely odd to me that any woman would be this active so late in her pregnancy, especially knowing that she's carrying a child with Down Syndrome.

Why would being active late in a pregnancy be odd? Or harmful? Why is it any different with a Down syndrome baby?

Uh lemme see? I took a long distance 5 hour drive by myself @ 7.5 months to do some business courses in a big city. Then drove back alone.

I worked until 2 AM 24/7 to complete a freelance design project @ 6.5 - 7.3 months ...only because the stupid client left everything to the last minute.
I won 2 Addy Awards for it.

I art directed a photoshoot out at sea mocking up boating accidents for survival products with gritty seamen and sailors. Set off smoke bombs too. Cooled off by floating in the water like a bouy every so often in one of the seamen's swimming trunks and t-shirt.

Then I was ordered to a rush C-section in my 8 month when my previa placenta didn't move into the right position. I had to art direct my back-up and an illustrator working on another project which I did by phone and fax from the hospital. Went into the operating room, had the baby take out, held her, went to recovery and then got some sleep....while hubby drove in the faxes, made phone calls then home 3 days later while directing all remaining projects to completion. You gotta do what you gotta do. When I make a committment to something I deliver it. ( including the baby) I call it professionalism.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't remember calling out people in this forum as being responsible for it, but this thread has been at the top of the forum all day with a title that repeats the smear as if it is fact. This was followed by people actually entertaining the possiblity and bouncing observations and arguments back and forth.

Of course most sensible people finally come to the conclusion that it is a baseless attack, but not until the lie has continued to spread farther. It's what the original authors were hoping for all along, and it's disgusting no matter which side is doing it.

The title is an abridged version of the article's title. No one here has said it is fact.

How is entertaining a possibility the same as discussing it as a fact?

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
LMAO

I said that because it was posted here. I was surprised when I saw it but did accept it. If it's wrong it's wrong.
But geez, some of our best presidents didn't go to any college or university.

I don't see having a journalism degree an issue since our Founders/Framers intended that anyone could run.
There have been artists, former actors/musician, business men, failed peanut farmers and doctors in office.
Any other viewpoint is condescendingly elitist.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:14 PM
F*ck off.

Be civil and target those who actually did that. It was never Adam.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
I said that because it was posted here. If it's wrong it's wrong.

Where? I missed that post.

But geez, some of our best presidents didn't go to any college or university.

Ok? I don't know what that has to do with pointing out that she went to the University of Idaho and not Harvard.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
What?

She received a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

I have found no evidence anywhere that she attended Harvard University.

Corrected. FTR I was one who posted in defense of Obama that the only qualifications are what the Constitution sets. Age and being a natural born citizen. The rest is a matter of opinion.

FAX
08-31-2008, 02:16 PM
I think this aspect of the debate is very interesting because, frankly, executive experience is vastly overrated when evaluating candidates. Does anyone really doubt that, for the most part, the government is managed by processes, not people? Institutions, not individuals? Systems, not "someone"? When you objectively evaluate their actual management contributions, our national political "leaders" are very much like actors who play a role. They articulate an agreed-upon policy; they don't implement methods or means.

There's nothing wrong with true citizen government. It's kind of a refreshing idea, in fact. You know, a system in which the people don't install elite, aristocratic, semi-permanent leaders whose main job once in office is to keep their job in office. Too bad the founding fathers didn't think of that.

FAX

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Ok? I don't know what that has to do with pointing out that she went to the University of Idaho and not Harvard.

Just in case someone thought Harvard made someone more qualified. Your post to implied that with the words " that was the extent" along with the laughing smiley with it.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Why would being active late in a pregnancy be odd? Or harmful? Why is it any different with a Down syndrome baby?

Were you in your 40's at the time?

The doctors (at least the doctors out here) are extremely cautious with older women having children. I know people that were 39 or older that were put on bed rest at 7 months. And these women were in incredible shape before the pregnancy.

The risks rise substantially after age 35 and increase dramatically each year past 35.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:19 PM

The doctors (at least the doctors out here) are extremely cautious with older women having children. I know people that were 39 or older that were put on bed rest at 7 months. And these women were in incredible shape before the pregnancy.

The risks rise substantially after age 35 and increase dramatically each year past 35.

No I was young mid twenties.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:20 PM

I know that but not everyone who has kids older are treated like that. Although, 44 is pretty old for having a baby....and that's probably why she had a Down syndrome baby.

banyon
08-31-2008, 02:21 PM

I think she actually got it from here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190224&highlight=harvard)

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 02:22 PM
I think this aspect of the debate is very interesting because, frankly, executive experience is vastly overrated when evaluating candidates. Does anyone really doubt that, for the most part, the government is managed by processes, not people? Institutions, not individuals? Systems, not "someone"? When you objectively evaluate their actual management contributions, our national political "leaders" are very much like actors who play a role. They articulate an agreed-upon policy; they don't implement methods or means.

There's nothing wrong with true citizen government. It's kind of a refreshing idea, in fact. You know, a system in which the people don't install elite, aristocratic, semi-permanent leaders whose main job once in office is to keep their job in office. Too bad the founding fathers didn't think of that.

FAX

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rPvbHeufC9Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rPvbHeufC9Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
Your post to implied that with the words " that was the extent" along with the laughing smiley with it.

I was definitely laughing at the mix-up, considering you had equated Obama going to Harvard with her 'going to Harvard'.

My post had nothing to do with what qualifies someone to be President.

banyon

To the contrary, dirk digler's photo that he found of her convinced me that the story was baseless.

VAChief
08-31-2008, 02:23 PM
I know that but not everyone who has kids older are treated like that. Although, 44 is pretty old for having a baby....and that's probably why she had a Down syndrome baby.

It is practically a miracle that she could even have a baby, I think the statistics are something like 1-2% of even being able to get pregnant at that age.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:26 PM
I was definitely laughing at the mix-up, considering you had equated Obama going to Harvard with her 'going to Harvard'.

My post had nothing to do with what qualifies someone to be President.

Got it. But the word "extent" still implies that hers was worth less than his.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:26 PM
No I was young mid twenties.

There ya go.

Trust me. We were at the OB every two weeks and there was a vaginal ultrasound done at every visit until the baby was old enough to have a normal ultrasound.

There's a test called a Bun Study that tests for chromosomal anomalies performed at 12 weeks. It will show the how likely the mother is to be carrying a Down baby. Depending on the numbers and severity of the chromosomal anomalies, it can be sufficiently determined whether or not a child will be born with Down Syndrome. If the numbers are bad, you can chose to have an Amnio performed to verify. If the numbers are significantly bad, the baby will more than likely just abort itself.

So there's almost no way in the world that Palin wouldn't have known that she was carrying a Down baby. And knowing that, I'm seriously surprised that her schedule wasn't limited.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Got it. But the word "extent" still implies that hers was worth less than his.

Worth what? My post had nothing to do with these mythical "qualifications to be President". I was speaking from a strictly education standpoint. There's certainly no comparing a journalism degree from the University of Idaho to being President of the Harvard Law Review.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:29 PM
There ya go.

Trust me. We were at the OB every two weeks and there was a vaginal ultrasound done at every visit until the baby was old enough to have a normal ultrasound.

There's a test called a Bun Study that tests for chromosomal anomalies performed at 12 weeks. It will show the how likely the mother is to be carrying a Down baby. Depending on the numbers and severity of the chromosomal anomalies, it can be sufficiently determined whether or not a child will be born with Down Syndrome. If the numbers are bad, you can chose to have an Amnio performed to verify. If the numbers are significantly bad, the baby will more thank likely just abort itself.

So there's almost no way in the world that Palin wouldn't have known that she was carrying a Down baby. And knowing that, I'm seriously surprised that her schedule wasn't limited.

Ya know what even if I had one in my late 30's which would be the absolute latest I would ever consider having a baby, if I had to do what I did then I would do it again. I take excellent care of myself...better than I did then. But I will tell you, I did go against my sexy hawt ob gyn's orders on working that late or having faxes brought to the hospital. I asked if I could set up the fax my my bed and was told no. I've never been the obedient type.

Logical
08-31-2008, 02:29 PM
So, okay, assuming that any of this really happened in Gov. Palin's life, tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged by.I don't know, all the lies maybe?

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Worth what? My post had nothing to do with these mythical "qualifications to be President". I was speaking from a strictly education standpoint. There's certainly no comparing a journalism degree from the University of Idaho to being President of the Harvard Law Review.

There you go. This here is what I meant.

Harvard Law= Laurence Tribe school of thought, also conveys elitism. Is it more prestigious? Yes. Have to be smart? Yes Just doesn't mean one who doesn't go there isn't smart. Not necessarily. Cost big bucks.

She is more like most middle-class Americans. Someone who reflects them more. Ya' know the people who were once the base of the D party.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM

Harvard Law= Laurence Tribe school of thought, also conveys elitism. Is it more prestigious? Yes. Have to be smart? Yes Just doesn't mean one who doesn't go there isn't smart. Cost big bucks.

She is more like most middle-class Americans. Someone who reflects them more. Ya' know the people who were once the base of the D party.

I've always hated the Harvard is automatically better because they've been around longer and are expensive. Therefore they're perceived as better.

However, that's how things are as much as it is bullshit. So, HolmeZz does have a point.

Iowanian
08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Thats a pretty pathetic and desperate grasp.

Someone must be worried.

The VPILF isn't proven a liar...

We chose to not have any of the tests to look for abnormalities(other than ultrasound) because it wouldn't have mattered. Termination would not have been an option if our child wasn't "normal".

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know, all the lies maybe?

But Bill Clinton lied, and he's the darling of all liberals. so what are you saying?

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Thats a pretty pathetic and desperate grasp.

Someone must be worried.

The VPILF isn't proven a liar...

I thought they already called her on her outright lie about the Bridge to Nowhere?

Hydrae
08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
ftr--I don't like dirty politics any more than I suspect you do. My wife is one-o-those pissed off Hillary supporters, but the comment she made last night was "what kind of woman would run for VP with an infant DS child"?

My first thought when this was announced was the same as your wife. Maybe I am hopelessly old fashioned but a special needs baby needs to have it's mother, not a surrogate while mommy plays at trying to become VP of this country.

SBK
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
But Bill Clinton lied, and he's the darling of all liberals. so what are you saying?

Lying under oath, and lying to protect your daughter from being labeled a 'whore' in order to ruin her mom's political career would fall in a different category too right?

This might just be the most pathetic smear I've ever seen.

DaneMcCloud
I've always hated the Harvard is automatically better because they've been around longer and are expensive. Therefore they're perceived as better.

However, that's how things are as much as it is bullshit. So, HolmeZz does have a point.

Well, the fact is that an Ivy League university is generally going to have some of the finest minds in the world not only attending, but teaching as well.

There's quite a bit to be said for that.

Hydrae
It is best, in my view, Mr. Adam, for thoughtful Americans to not allow themselves to be drawn into the kind of mudslinging represented by this story. The parties do this on purpose. And that purpose is to keep the American people's ire focused on and directed at the other "side" which diverts our attention from issues that can actually be addressed, problems that can actually be solved, and goals that can actually be achieved. There is little, meaningful difference between the two "parties" ... just the perception of one. Our real enemy is the established political system and the corrupt, power-mad few who feed from its breast for decades on end.

FAX

We need a smiley doing a standing ovation for posts like this. Fax is a wonderful poster that we all enjoy reading but I contend this is his best post ever!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Logical
08-31-2008, 02:39 PM
So, if this is found to be untrue how many of you will retract your snide comments about Palin and her daughter?Actually all the comments I have read are pretty damn respectful and expressing doubt. The only thing I saw that was snide was the funny cartoon UP posted.

ChiefaRoo

You are a real dumbass Diddy. Profoundly so.

Iowanian
George W Bush has an Ivy League education.

Could he defeat you in a game of scrabble?

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Ya know what even if I had one in my late 30's which would be the absolute latest I would ever consider having a baby, if I had to do what I did then I would do it again. I take excellent care of myself...better than I did then. But I will tell you, I did go against my sexy hawt ob gyn's orders on working that late or having faxes brought to the hospital. I asked if I could set up the fax my my bed and was told no. I've never been the obedient type.

The sad fact is that that a woman's body after the age of 35 can produce chromosomal anomalies, no matter how well you take care of yourself through diet, exercise and fitness.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
The sad fact is that that a woman's body after the age of 35 can produce chromosomal anomalies, no matter how well you take care of yourself through diet, exercise and fitness.

Stay out of her uterus and mind your own bees wax!

:cuss:

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, the fact is that an Ivy League university is generally going to have some of the finest minds in the world not only attending, but teaching as well.

There's quite a bit to be said for that.

Oh, undoubtedly. My problem is the perception that someone from Harvard is inherently smarter than someone from say the University of Kansas. While it will be true most of the time, it isn't universal.

My problem is that it's perceived as universal.

Logical
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
But Bill Clinton lied, and he's the darling of all liberals. so what are you saying?Bill was impeached whether you remember or not. I feel his lie was not forgiveable. Had he lied and been caught in a coverup before his first election I doubt he gets elected either.

dirk digler
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM

Sorry that doesn't fly. No Obama supporter that I know of has said that his community organizing counts as executive experience. Maybe leading the Harvard law review but I personally don't count that.

He has 12 years "experience" she has 7 1/2. Nothing to crow over but to say she is more experience then Obama is just laughable

BucEyedPea

My aunt had a baby at age 47 or thereabouts...perfectly healthy and didn't even know she was pregnant until she was in labor believe it or not. She did nothing different as a result in her day to day activities...and was active. The odds increase for things but I am not sure it's across the board. Just don't know. Anyhow, I know people having baby's now and they don't get ultrasounds every week. I guess it depends on how worried one is.

***SPRAYER

Harvard Law= Laurence Tribe school of thought, also conveys elitism. Is it more prestigious? Yes. Have to be smart? Yes Just doesn't mean one who doesn't go there isn't smart. Not necessarily. Cost big bucks.

:clap:

Very profound. Too bad it went in one moonbat ear and out the other.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Is that a product of him as a student or a byproduct of his family's wealth and name?

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Could he defeat you in a game of scrabble?

Scrabble? Is that the game with the Xs and Os in a line?

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry that doesn't fly. No Obama supporter that I know of has said that his community organizing counts as executive experience. Maybe leading the Harvard law review but I personally don't count that.

He has 12 years "experience" she has 7 1/2. Nothing to crow over but to say she is more experience then Obama is just laughable

I didn't say it was executive experience though. Just being involved in public service and politics. Add that in you have 16 years. I actually got this from a D friend who is a Hillary supporter who won't vote for Obama and is going to hold her nose and vote McCain...and she respect for Palin even if she doesn't agree with some of her conservative issues.

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Bill was impeached whether you remember or not. I feel his lie was not forgiveable. Had he lied and been caught in a coverup before his first election I doubt he gets elected either.

He did lie before his first election, he just wasn't prosecuted on it.

Look, in my book once you lie to me one time I will never believe anything you say after that. and I'm talking about anybody, not just politicians.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
My aunt had a baby at age 47 or thereabouts...perfectly healthy and didn't even know she was pregnant until she was in labor believe it or not. She did nothing different as a result in her day to day activities...and was active. The odds increase for things but I am not sure it's across the board. Just don't know. Anyhow, I know people having baby's now and they don't get ultrasounds every week. I guess it depends on how worried one is.

I'm just relating our experience with our OB. We have several friends in the same age group who have experienced exactly the same things.

Maybe Beverly Hills health-care is superior to where you live and these practices haven't spread through the entire country. I for one though am thankful that we had them.

Though I can honestly tell you that we were very nervous about the test results for a few weeks.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
She sure looks like she just had a kid... Bristol, that is...

http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/palin_family-300x229.jpg

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 02:49 PM

So do you want to make it illegal for women over 35 to become pregnant?

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 02:50 PM
He did lie before his first election, he just wasn't prosecuted on it.

Look, in my book once you lie to me one time I will never believe anything you say after that. and I'm talking about anybody, not just politicians.

ROFL

You must not trust anyone. Everyone lies.

HolmeZz

Harvard Law= Laurence Tribe school of thought, also conveys elitism

Jesus friggin' Christ.

I'm sorry. I take it back for ever implying that being President of the Harvard Law Review was more of an accomplishment than a journalism degree from the University of Idaho. Only an idiot would believe something like that!

She is more like most middle-class Americans.

All of a sudden? Three posts ago you were claiming she went to Harvard.

Someone who reflects them more. Ya' know the people who were once the base of the D party.

I'm glad we've wandered into retarded territory.

This discussion about relatability is always hilarious. Most "middle-class Americans" can't relate to being a beauty queen from Alaska with a journalism degree from the University of Idaho. Anyone who buys into the 'everyman' portrayals politicians paint of themselves is a fool.

BucEyedPea
Is that a product of him as a student or a byproduct of his family's wealth and name?

Bush went to Harvard Business School, very prestigious. And graduated Yale.
Have to take a Graduate Management Admissions Test.

alnorth
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
LOL.

Here's some info thats just a bit less rediculous than what was in the OP.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w72/17th_Knight/Trisomy21_graph.jpg

Logical
Just in case someone thought Harvard made someone more qualified. Your post to implied that with the words " that was the extent" along with the laughing smiley with it.I do think that going to Harvard and being made President of Law Review indicates I would bet on Obama vs. Palin in a game of scrabble and I would sure be more comfortable getting legal advise from them. On the other hand she is probably able to write a fine press release.

BucEyedPea
I'm glad we've wandered into retarded territory.

This discussion about relatability is always hilarious. Most "middle-class Americans" can't relate to being a beauty queen from Alaska with a journalism degree from the University of Idaho.

That's all ya' got? She was a beauty queen but not anymore. She's an accomplished woman now and doesn't even dress the part of a beauty queen. But you're wrong when it comes to voter preceptions: they like someone who is like them, reflects their values. Blue collar workers especially. Why would politicians pander so much?

FTR, again, I don't think Obama is unintelligent but the opposite. I just see him as a man of the left. I just don't think dissing her lack of experience is something those who support him can claim. The experience point, as I posted before is overplayed. Just look at Bush administration. I mean really, I have no dog in this race.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Anyone who buys into the 'everyman' portrayals politicians paint of themselves is a fool.

Especially O-bots.

ROFL

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 02:56 PM
ROFL

You must not trust anyone. Everyone lies.

Here's one of them. where's Zach?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/72rYHuWidSM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/72rYHuWidSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm just relating our experience with our OB. We have several friends in the same age group who have experienced exactly the same things.

Maybe Beverly Hills health-care is superior to where you live and these practices haven't spread through the entire country. I for one though am thankful that we had them.

Though I can honestly tell you that we were very nervous about the test results for a few weeks.

That's fine. It's your wife's body and your baby. But Mass has some of the top healthcare in the country too. But if these things are caused by chromosonal abnormalities I just don't see how much lifestyle change would affect that. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen simply because of the age factor.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 02:59 PM
I do think that going to Harvard and being made President of Law Review indicates I would bet on Obama vs. Palin in a game of scrabble and I would sure be more comfortable getting legal advise from them. On the other hand she is probably able to write a fine press release.

Well, if she is not trained as a lawyer, and she still went to Harvard for something else I still wouldn't seek legal advice from her either. I bet my Mom could beat both at Scrabble too.

You do know that 60 Minutes had an episode on grade inflation at Harvard too?

Smarts don't mean as much to me as their ideas. Lots of highly educated intellectuals from Ivory Towers don't have workable real life ideas.
Marx was a university prof.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Absolutely not.

How could infer that from my post?

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:03 PM
That's fine. It's your wife's body and your baby. But Mass has some of the top healthcare in the country too. But if these things are caused by chromosonal abnormalities I just don't see how much lifestyle change would affect that. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen simply because of the age factor.

Exactly. The older a woman becomes, the more risk there is involved. It's that simple.

Unless, you have a history of DS in your family which in that case, it increases the likelihood significantly.

banyon
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Bush went to Harvard Business School, very prestigious. And graduated Yale.
Have to take a Graduate Management Admissions Test.

Bush was a legacy at Harvard, he was denied entrance to University of Texas Law School .

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
That's all ya' got?

No, you conventiently ignored the first 2/3rds of my post.

She was a beauty queen but not anymore.

I like you BEP. You make me laugh.

But you're wrong when it comes to voter preceptions: they like someone who is like them, reflects their values. Why would politicians pander so much.

Yes, pandering is the problem. That's why I called the discussion you wanted to have 'retarded'.

FTR, again, I don't think Obama is unintelligent but the opposite. I just see him as a man of the left. I just don't think dissing her lack of experience is something those who support him can claim.

So dissing Obama's lack of experience isn't something that those who support her can claim, right?

Thanks for helping me make my point. Her experience isn't being criticized as much as it is being mocked by the people who have been told Obama's lack of experience didn't make him fit to potentially hold the Office of President. It's called 'irony'.

Bill Parcells
08-31-2008, 03:09 PM
No, you conventiently ignored the first 2/3rds of my post.

I like you BEP. You make me laugh.

Yes, pandering is the problem. That's why I called the discussion you wanted to have 'retarded'.

So dissing Obama's lack of experience isn't something that those who support her can claim, right?

Thanks for helping me make my point. Her experience isn't being criticized as much as it is being mocked by the people who have been told Obama's lack of experience didn't make him fit to potentially hold the Office of President. It's called 'irony'.

Do you see the effect of attacking Palin is having on some women?

ROFL

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 03:13 PM

Did I say that? I defended Obama on that didn't I. That post was to all of those saying that in general. I said the only qualification was what the Constitution sets: age and natural born citizen. To me if someone has the ideas I like I choose that over most else. Does experience help. Sure. But they could be jaded too if too much or have bad habits. Or are already corrupted by DC. A quick mind is even better.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. I don't understand why. I was only explaining how I took your post was all.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Did I say that? I defended Obama on that didn't I. That post was to all of those saying that in general. I said the only qualification was what the Constitution sets: age and natural born citizen. To me if someone has the ideas I like I choose that over most else. Does experience help. Sure. But they could be jaded too if too much or have bad habits. Or are already corrupted by DC. A quick mind is even better.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. I don't understand why. I was only explaining how I took your post was all.

I wasn't arguing. I was actually agreeing with you. I was just explaining why Palin's experience is now such a topic of discussion, and it's because the other side made such an issue of it with Obama. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
I wasn't arguing. I was actually agreeing with you. I was just explaining why Palin's experience is now such a topic of discussion, and it's because the other side made such an issue of it with Obama. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

I see.

Iowanian
08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
How many submissions did Hoperah make to the Harvard Law Review, while heading it?

Why Not?

banyon
08-31-2008, 03:26 PM
How many submissions did Hoperah make to the Harvard Law Review, while heading it?

Why Not?

You know what the job of an editor is, right?

Taco John
08-31-2008, 03:32 PM

Why Not?

Well, having worked with editors, and now working as a director at a publishing company, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess it was because he was too busy doing his job.

|Zach|
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
:spock:LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:39 PM

Absolutely not.

How could infer that from my post?

Still waiting for your response.

Iowanian
08-31-2008, 03:41 PM
You know what the job of an editor is, right?

How many other editors of the HLR have submitted writings? Its very common.

Taco John
08-31-2008, 03:42 PM

You read (and are familiar with the editorial practices of) The Harvard Law Review?

banyon
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM

No, I don't know how common that is at all. Hell if he had, you'd probably say that he abused his position as editor to get himself published with pieces that weren't otherwise fit for publication.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Still waiting for your response.

Don't hold your breath. Dane.

Dallas Chief
08-31-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with relaying a story, especially on a football website sub-forum. People post less credible stuff than this all the time. If you had to wait until there was an official judgment on these sort of things, there would be very little interest or news in politics at all.

Meh. My take is that it is a personal attack that somebody conjured up and it involves her 17 yr. old daughter. Out of bounds IMHO. Now if Gov. Palin had gotten knocked up outside of her marriage, I could totally see that being news. This is not. One only needs to see the title of the thread to understand Irish's motive. That's all I'm saying. But hey, he can sling away if that's how he wants to play it...

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Meh. My take is that it is a personal attack that somebody conjured up and it involves her 17 yr. old daughter. Out of bounds IMHO. Now if Gov. Palin had gotten knocked up outside of her marriage, I could totally see that being news. This is not. One only needs to see the title of the thread to understand Irish's motive. That's all I'm saying. But hey, he can sling away if that's how he wants to play it...

ROFL

My motives? My motive was to relay a story that gained traction online (Digg, reddit, specifically) and discuss it here.

I never said I endorsed the beliefs. In fact, I've said this is a nonissue anyway. But it's interesting in its own right, especially for how they laid out their case.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't hold your breath. Dane.

So if you're not spouting party rhetoric, you have nothing to say?

Dallas Chief
08-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Secondly, I didn't say whether I think this is an issue even if it's true, that was an assumption on your part.

And what do you mean by more relevant topics? Are you posting your shit in HCF's threads? What about Jake2000's 55 poll threads?

You thread title says enough. It states a fact that is untrue, to this point. If I do post in any of those other threads it usually challenging a thought or idea and I try to keep it civil. I have been unfair at times, regrettably so. I don't post much because, well, someone usually always says what I'm thinking by the time I get around to it. But by more relevenat topics I mean- Obama's Tax plan verus McCain's. This other stuff is garbage- meant to drag the opposition down.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 04:12 PM
You thread title says enough. It states a fact that is untrue, to this point. If I do post in any of those other threads it usually challenging a thought or idea and I try to keep it civil. I have been unfair at times, regrettably so. I don't post much because, well, someone usually always says what I'm thinking by the time I get around to it. But by more relevenat topics I mean- Obama's Tax plan verus McCain's. This other stuff is garbage- meant to drag the opposition down.

ROFL

It's basically the title of the article, only made more specific.

Basically, you got nothing.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
So if you're not spouting party rhetoric, you have nothing to say?

Moonbat!

banyon
08-31-2008, 04:18 PM

How many threads or posts about Hillary do you think would meet or exceed this standard in the last few years?

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2008, 04:20 PM
What I want to know....if this is any indication, the Dems are taking the gloves off against Palin; what's that mean?

I thinks it's now more likely we are gonna have to endure 'gloves off' crap commin' from both sides, cause there are some doozies of stories floating around the lunatic fringe.....about both sides.

I don't know about you, but I don't think most of us want to listen to this kinda of garbage if and/or until it has been much more fully vetted than this slander seems to be.

The next couple of months look as we are headed down Stupid Road once again....

:shake:

Hydrae
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
What I want to know....if this is any indication, the Dems are taking the gloves off against Palin; what's that mean?

I thinks it's now more likely we are gonna have to endure 'gloves off' crap commin' from both sides, cause there are some doozies of stories floating around the lunatic fringe.....about both sides?

I don't know about you, but I don't think most of us want to listen to this kinda of garbage if and/or until it has been much more fully vetted.

Please tell me you are not surprised by this.

SSDEY - Same shit, different election year

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 04:23 PM

I thinks it's now more likely we are gonna have to endure 'gloves off' crap commin' from both sides, cause there are some doozies of stories floating around the lunatic fringe.....about both sides.

I don't know about you, but I don't think most of us want to listen to this kinda of garbage if and/or until it has been much more fully vetted than this slander seems to be.

It's silly season.

This story is just as stupid as the Obama Muslim story. The differece? The Obama Muslim story actually got to people and convinced them....

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Please tell me you are not surprised by this.

SSDEY - Same shit, different election year

No, I'm not surprised; I was just hoping THIS particular brand of slander would stay out of the MSM....if and until it was corroborated.

Instead, it's already happening on a pretty widespread basis.

I can't wait to hear what slander the fruitcakes on the right out there have to say about Biden and Obama....now. Which of course will be answered by slander from the moonbats on the right....maybe they'll resurrect McCain's illegitimate black child story, or father of an alien or something.

:rolleyes:

Friendo
08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
this woman is so "pro-life" that she had a kid that she knew was afflicted with Down's Syndrome. how wise and compassionate she must be to accept this "gift from God". she's accepted this beautiful presence in her life in such a self-sacrificing manner. it should be pointed out that anyone who makes the choice not to abort a fetus with such a severe disability is making a commitment to give of themselves in a way a parent of normally-functioning children can not ever truly understand. the amount of time and energy that the mother must invest are extraordinary, but maybe Sarah is stocked up on Red Bull :rolleyes: this is the real story here! I'm sure it will sell with the Stepford Wives, but you've gotta be on crack to think this was a good move by Mac to get any rational votes.

jAZ
08-31-2008, 04:31 PM
It's silly season.

This story is just as stupid as the Obama Muslim story. The differece? The Obama Muslim story actually got to people and convinced them....

Thanks to Fox News.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2008, 04:31 PM
this woman is so "pro-life" that she had a kid that she knew was afflicted with Down's Syndrome. how wise and compassionate she must be to accept this "gift from God". she's accepted this beautiful presence in her life in such a self-sacrificing manner. it should be pointed out that anyone who makes the choice not to abort a fetus with such a severe disability is making a commitment to give of themselves in a way a parent of normally-functioning children can not ever truly understand. the amount of time and energy that the mother must invest are extraordinary, but maybe Sarah is stocked up on Red Bull :rolleyes: this is the real story here! I'm sure it will sell with the Stepford Wives, but you've gotta be on crack to think this was a good move by Mac to get any rational votes.

tommykat ..... you now have a DC username? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks to Fox News.

Plenty of moonbats have bought into the garbage being peddled by MSNBC of late, it would appear too.

Nice. An election, once again framed by the lunatic fringe: the Rush Limbaughs and Keith Olbermanns (bathtub boys, both) of the world.

Really nice. :shake:

NewChief
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Plenty of moonbats have bought into the garbage being peddled by MSNBC of late, it would appear too.

Nice. An election, once again framed by the lunatic fringe: the Rush Limbaughs and Keith Olbermanns (bathtub boys, both) of the world.

Really nice. :shake:

Until the American people pull their heads out of their asses and stop listening to the bullshit, we're never going to have anything else. Everyone said that we were sick of politics of personal destruction. Oh yeah, we're so sick of it, that's why McCain road them to an ever dwindling gap in the polls with Obama. It sucks, but it's the way it is. If you want to win, you better go negative.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Until the American people pull their heads out of their asses and stop listening to the bullshit, we're never going to have anything else. Everyone said that we were sick of politics of personal destruction. Oh yeah, we're so sick of it, that's why McCain road them to an ever dwindling gap in the polls with Obama. It sucks, but it's the way it is. If you want to win, you better go negative.

I agree. I had simply hoped it might....finally, be different. Guess that's askin' too much. :shake:

SBK
08-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Obama is different, he's about change, about rising above the politics of the past. It's why he got a 30 year insider to be his attack dog.

In the end the American people are smart enough to sift through the BS and make the right choice. They always do. Either way, the American people will collectively make the correct call in November.

Messier
08-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Obama is different, he's about change, about rising above the politics of the past. It's why he got a 30 year insider to be his attack dog.

In the end the American people are smart enough to sift through the BS and make the right choice. They always do. Either way, the American people will collectively make the correct call in November.

Really? You feel that the best person to lead the country always wins? I wish I felt that way but I know it's not the case.

Dallas Chief
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
How many threads or posts about Hillary do you think would meet or exceed this standard in the last few years?

Probably alot I would assume. I usually read the first four or five posts and if it starts to devovle into the lowest common denominator I quit reading on. Especially if it's one of those- "Hillary is Lesbian" type things. It's just stupid. This one just hit a nerve with me because it involves "the kids". Some things should be out of bounds, IMHO. Propigating it should be too. I think you agree with that? Irish took a dump and is now trying to act like it doesn't smell. The republicans on this board are regulary burned at the stake,(deservedly so) for taking dumps, see- rexckjake, programmer, etc. Why should the same standard not apply? "oh! i don't agree with it, I was just saying this is out there" No sir- you pooped.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
And, Bristol, it is real sad the way all this is coming out about you and your baby. It is sad that your mother holds medieval beliefs that sometimes a birth can be a thing of shame, so that elaborate lies must be concocted. But you should be proud of your baby. I can tell you really care. He is very lucky boy.

http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/03.jpg (http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/03.jpg)
http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/18.jpg (http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/18.jpg)
http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/47.jpg (http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/47.jpg)
http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/25.jpg (http://mccainblogette.com/postings/083008_0928/25.jpg)
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2008/08/did-i-say-daffyits-now-getting-sad.html

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:04 PM
It's too bad she was punished with a baby.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 05:05 PM
and she is wearing an engagement ring

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Palin_family.jpg/784px-Palin_family.jpg

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 05:06 PM
In the end the American people are smart enough to sift through the BS and make the right choice.

I agree. I think most can see that McCain turned his VP spot into a gimmick.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:07 PM

B.O.'s entire campaign is a gimmick.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:07 PM

With the amount of Palin threads, crazy attacks and buzz her pick created I think you're greatly overestimating things here.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:08 PM

I would love to believe that. Observation says otherwise.

And that doesn't even begin to cover the whole Al Gore - Florida - Supreme Court - Popular Vote fiasco.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:09 PM

And that doesn't even begin to cover the whole Al Gore - Florida - Supreme Court - Popular Vote fiasco.

:ZZZ:

Messier

Really? What's the gimmick?

SBK

Around mid October when the commercials air that have Obama sitting in the pews for one of Wrights sermons featuring a horrible, racist, or anti-American quote and Obama applauding---and when they start to show Ayers and Obama in agreement with things......

I think this place will blow up.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:10 PM

You mean when Bush won the election and Gore unsuccessfully tried to steal it from him?

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Really? What's the gimmick?

:deevee:

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:12 PM
You mean when Bush won the election and Gore unsuccessfully tried to steal it from him?

No, I mean when Gore won the popular vote but lost.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
No, I mean when Gore won the popular vote but lost.

Why did you bring up the Supreme Court? They had nothing to do with the popular vote. Did you mean the electoral college?

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah this video looks like a lady who was 8 1/2 months pregnant. hahah.

http://admissiblebanter.blogspot.com/2008/08/bristol-palin-is-trigs-momwatch-video.html
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Palin_family.jpg/784px-Palin_family.jpg)

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah this video looks like a lady who was 8 1/2 months pregnant. hahah.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Palin_family.jpg/784px-Palin_family.jpg

You should add this thread to that one you posted about bad food....:D

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Why did you bring up the Supreme Court? They had nothing to do with the popular vote. Did you mean the electoral college?

No, it just followed in the whole thing. I should have, in hindsight, kept it at Gore-Popular vote, fiasco.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:17 PM
No, it just followed in the whole thing. I should have, in hindsight, kept it at Gore-Popular vote, fiasco.

Then you have a problem with the electoral college.

Bush and Gore had nothing to do with it.

Messier
08-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Around mid October when the commercials air that have Obama sitting in the pews for one of Wrights sermons featuring a horrible, racist, or anti-American quote and Obama applauding---and when they start to show Ayers and Obama in agreement with things......

I think this place will blow up.

OOoo October surprises! They're just sittin' on this stuff? I guess Hillary couldn't get a hold of it in time.

Ayers and Obama in agreement with things? What things?

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Then you have a problem with the electoral college.

Bush and Gore had nothing to do with it.

Perhaps.

But if the people made the "right" choice....

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Perhaps.

But if the people made the "right" choice....

They did, and Gore got to showoff the moonbat that he is.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
OOoo October surprises! They're just sittin' on this stuff? I guess Hillary couldn't get a hold of it in time.

They have to agree on something, his political career was launched from Ayers home.....

You just watch.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 05:21 PM
They did, and Gore got to showoff the moonbat that he is.

The people chose Gore. So, apparently, people cannot be trusted to make the "right" choice.

Hence, my beef with the electoral college.

But this is beside the point. Why do you think people actually see through that BS?

I see people voting strictly for D and R. I see people voting for one issue.

What I don't see is people objectively looking at things or at the big picture.

NewChief
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM

I heard they're both Cubs fans.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
The people chose Gore. So, apparently, people cannot be trusted to make the "right" choice.

Hence, my beef with the electoral college.

But this is beside the point. Why do you think people actually see through that BS?

I see people voting strictly for D and R. I see people voting for one issue.

What I don't see is people objectively looking at things or at the big picture.

Most American's don't think Bush was the best President ever, his approval ratings say as much. But compared to Gore and Kerry, then men he beat, the Americans did make the right choice.

Our problem is that the guys on top of the ticket both times around weren't our nations best and brightest. If people better than Gore or Kerry had been trotted out against Bush they'd have probably won. Especially Kerry.

Messier
08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
They have to agree on something, his political career was launched from Ayers home.....

You just watch.

No, it wasn't.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Most American's don't think Bush was the best President ever, his approval ratings say as much. But compared to Gore and Kerry, then men he beat, the Americans did make the right choice.

wow.

See, problem is... Bush probably didn't win EITHER election. in 2000, the florida fiasco... and the Supreme Court APPOINTING Bush president... then you have 2004, when Diebold's president said they were going to do anything possible to give Bush the election. ****ing nuts.

http://www.stealingamericathemovie.org

Find the torrent of it on www.isohunt.com Stealing America

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
wow.

See, problem is... Bush probably didn't win EITHER election. in 2000, the florida fiasco... and the Supreme Court APPOINTING Bush president... then

ROFL

Messier
08-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Obama was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder.

Ayers held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s.

Saggysack
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM

Dumb, or massively obese. Or both.

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Dumb, or massively obese. Or both.

What was your mothers excuse?

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:36 PM
wow.

See, problem is... Bush probably didn't win EITHER election. in 2000, the florida fiasco... and the Supreme Court APPOINTING Bush president... then you have 2004, when Diebold's president said they were going to do anything possible to give Bush the election. ****ing nuts.

http://www.stealingamericathemovie.org

Find the torrent of it on www.isohunt.com (http://www.isohunt.com) Stealing America

You can't make this stuff up. LMAO

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? :evil:

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 05:37 PM

It's too bad his mother didn't exercise her "choice".

SBK
Obama was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder.

Ayers held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s.

Oh, well that's better. The same Ayers that said we should all kill our parents too.

***SPRAYER
Oh, well that's better. The same Ayers that said we should all kill our parents too.

His wife loved Manson. Wild, man!

SBK
It's too bad his mother didn't exercise her "choice".

I wouldn't go that far, Travis is a good guy. You can't ever believe anything Frazod tells you.

Ari Chi3fs
08-31-2008, 05:39 PM

Dude, democracy in America is dead. So all this political jockeying for position is pointless.

You know how hard it would be to HAND change 10,000 votes? You know how EASY it is to change 10,000 computer votes with no paper trail?

Diebold owns joo.

SBK
08-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Dude, democracy in America is dead. So all this political jockeying for position is pointless.

You know how hard it would be to HAND change 10,000 votes? You know how EASY it is to change 10,000 computer votes with no paper trail?

Diebold owns joo.

It's much easier to make people think it's easy apparently.

MaxFects
08-31-2008, 05:40 PM
why the cover up...what it the father is the dad :O