PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Ok the time is here....after much wait and ado

Mecca
08-31-2008, 04:41 AM
The updated rosters are done, I will probably make a few tweaks but they are essentially done.

I'm going to start an online dynasty, if you'd like to play let me know, I'd like to get 12 people and no I won't make everyones non con users vs users. You'll get 3 or 4 days to play your game.

OKC told me he wanted Fresno so I'll need him to confirm that and I'll be SC...this is intended to be more challenging it is on Heisman level with sliders implemented.

So yea I'd like some people to play...

Here's what I believe I have so far...

Me-USC
HC_Chief-West Virginia
J Diddy-Missouri
Lzen-KU
okcchief-Fresno State
Texas, player not from this forum.
Beachtribe-Tennessee
Oklahoma-not on this forum
Ohio State-Not on this forum
LSU-not on this forum
Wisconsin-not on the forum
Northwestern-not on the forum

That's 10 got 2 spots left.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
I'll take PSU

Lzen
08-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I would still like to play. Did you upgrade KU a little or do they still suck? I want KU, of course.

Mecca
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
I would still like to play. Did you upgrade KU a little or do they still suck? I want KU, of course.

Tell me who you think is rated worse than they should be and what you would change and I'll change it.

Mecca
08-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Cmon someone else join! This one will be fun the computer is actually a challenge when you play a solid ranked team.

Lzen
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Tell me who you think is rated worse than they should be and what you would change and I'll change it.

Ah geez, where do I start?

Briscoe WR #80 is way underrated. They gave the dude 80 for speed. WTF?

Who is HB #21? Is that supposed to be Joques Crawford? His number is #3

Kerry Meir QB #10 should be fast and have good hands since he plays 3rd string WR. They say he has the best hands on the team.

WR #13 Marcus Herford may not be a great WR, but he was an All American as a KR. He needs much better speed and accelerration.

WR Daymond Patterson #18 (Should be #28) should be the fastest guy on the team. I thinnk his speed should be low to mid 90s at the very least. Supposedly, he is a pretty damn electic. Mangino does rarely plays freshmen. This guy is the designated PR and a backup at WR.

Chris Harris CB #16 should be better overall than 82. This was a guy who started 10 games last year on one of the best defenses in the country. He is not as superb an athlete as say Aqib Talib was, but he is a very good technician.

The 3 starting LBers are considered the best LB corps in the B12. They should be better than low 80s.

Mecca
08-31-2008, 08:59 PM
If you want specific changes I'd suggest you list them or I'll just tweak some things, should I take this as you want in the dynasty?

Alot of the KU Roster has been changed around to begin with Mike Rivera has a 90 rating now.

Lzen
08-31-2008, 09:21 PM
I gave you some ideas but I didn't have any specifics other than the things I mentioned. And yes, I will join as KU. Rivera at 90 overall is a good start. I think Mortensen is just as good if not better.

Mecca
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll make some notes of what you posted and take a look at it, I have to get all this in before I even start the dynasty or they won't be in the roster.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Cmon someone else join! This one will be fun the computer is actually a challenge when you play a solid ranked team.

hold on wait a minute

might want to rethink the Penn State, frigging ohio every year:cuss:

UteChief
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
What system?

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 10:01 PM
What system?

Mecca
08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
hold on wait a minute

might want to rethink the Penn State, frigging ohio every year:cuss:

I played them 2 years in a row and won the games 28-24, and 58-42 their offense is ridiculous the 2nd year.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
can I take mizzou instead

Mecca
08-31-2008, 10:03 PM
can I take mizzou instead

Sure.....I'll change it.......Gabbert is on the game name too so you have the 5 star QB to take over for Daniel.

J Diddy
08-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Sure.....I'll change it.......Gabbert is on the game name too so you have the 5 star QB to take over for Daniel.

well that helps, first year might be interesting till I get familiar with everyone

okcchief
08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Heisman huh?

I guess if Lzen has the nuts to play with KU, I'll see what I can do with the mighty Fresno State Bulldogs. This may not be pretty.

Let me play a game with them on Heisman before I make that official. I want to see if I can at least hang somewhat.

Mecca
08-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Being Fresno actually isn't that bad...you play in an easy conference, you sit in a great recruiting state...they finished in the top 10 in my offline dynasty.

If you can build your team into a B+ team you'll be a ton better than everyone else in your conference and make a BCS game every year.

okcchief
08-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Being Fresno actually isn't that bad...you play in an easy conference, you sit in a great recruiting state...they finished in the top 10 in my offline dynasty.

If you can build your team into a B+ team you'll be a ton better than everyone else in your conference and make a BCS game every year.

Yeah, I just wanted to see how tough it is on Heisman. I played a higher ranked Georgia Tech team and gave the game away in the 4th quarter. I will take the bulldogs just for the challenge of building up the program. The second year may be pure hell.

'

Saulbadguy
08-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Go ahead and make everyone on K-State a 99 OVR, except the kicker. He shanked a few kicks in practice, better hold him steady at 98.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok that's 5.....need 7 more.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm also trying to figure out a good quarter length to get a realistic number of plays, 60-80 plays is what you should be getting on offense a game, even in major blowouts it stays close to that, in the SC Virginia game it was 78-56 in plays in SC's favor. So roughly 60-80 plays.

Also no one is going to get to play the FCS teams they are way to easy and it's to easy to get giant stats on them. You can play however you want, though that's up to you, I pull my starters when I get so far ahead but that's your call.

But I'd say it'd be better for "realism" to you know take your starters out when you're up in the 2nd half 45-3 or something like that.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm also trying to figure out a good quarter length to get a realistic number of plays, 60-80 plays is what you should be getting on offense a game, even in major blowouts it stays close to that, in the SC Virginia game it was 78-56 in plays in SC's favor. So roughly 60-80 plays.

Also no one is going to get to play the FCS teams they are way to easy and it's to easy to get giant stats on them. You can play however you want, though that's up to you, I pull my starters when I get so far ahead but that's your call.

But I'd say it'd be better for "realism" to you know take your starters out when you're up in the 2nd half 45-3 or something like that.

figuring on 15 seconds a play 8-10 minutes would probably get you there

not to mention should have more effect on fatigue

Mecca
09-01-2008, 01:31 AM
figuring on 15 seconds a play 8-10 minutes would probably get you there

not to mention should have more effect on fatigue

8 to 10 is where I've been, I know someone is going to bitch about that, but I hate 5 minute quarters it's impossible to have any kind of gameplan if you run it 20 times you'll get 15 passes.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 01:36 AM
8 to 10 is where I've been, I know someone is going to bitch about that, but I hate 5 minute quarters it's impossible to have any kind of gameplan if you run it 20 times you'll get 15 passes.

have you played with 8? how many plays did you get out of it

personally 9 sounds intriguing

Mecca
09-01-2008, 01:38 AM
have you played with 8?

That's what I've been playing on in my offline dynasty, it doesn't seem like I get enough plays but that may be because I have 5 RB's so no one ever has huge number of touches.

I need to play a game with 10 to see how many plays I get.....I know that you should be able to put the ball in the air 30-35 times and still be a balanced team.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 01:43 AM
That's what I've been playing on in my offline dynasty, it doesn't seem like I get enough plays but that may be because I have 5 RB's so no one ever has huge number of touches.

I need to play a game with 10 to see how many plays I get.....I know that you should be able to put the ball in the air 30-35 times and still be a balanced team.

10 minute quarters, that'd probably be a 2 hour game, right?

Mecca
09-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I doubt it's that long, most of my 8 minute games last just over an hour.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Ok I got a guy to be Texas......6 down 6 to go.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Ok Lzen I went through all that stuff here's what we got, take in mind I didn't make this roster it was made by a poster on another forum, I downloaded it from the locker and I'm making tweaks to it.

Most of what you asked for was already done, I'll list off what has done or what I may have changed and you tell me what you think...

Briscoe has 86 speed and is the teams #2 WR

Whoever was 21 was already changed and Crawford is in the backfield with #3

Kerry Meier was changed into a WR already and has ratings that make him the 3rd WR, he's actually the 3rd QB on the depth chart too as he still has throwing ratings aswell.

Herferd has 89 speed and 95 acceleration

Daymond Pattersons number was changed to 28 and he has 93 speed, his returning rating was also increased.

Chris Harris has an 85 rating which is very high for a sophomore.

Here are the LB's you were talking about...Holt and Rivera had their sides switched to reflect strong side and weak side. The LB ratings go as followed, Holt at 85, Mortensen with a 91 and Rivera with a 90. Holt is the fastest with an 85 speed rating..

Does this satisfy you? I made very few of these changes most of them were there I only had to tweak a few very minor things.

Lzen
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
That actually sounds pretty good. I would probably have done a few more things like make the linemen better, but I am afraid of sounding like too much of a homer. I do like a challenge, though. I'm just wondering how difficult this will be on Heisman level. Oh well. Let's do it.

Can I look over that roster. Do you have on your EA locker?

Mecca
09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
That actually sounds pretty good. I would probably have done a few more things like make the linemen better, but I am afraid of sounding like too much of a homer. I do like a challenge, though. I'm just wondering how difficult this will be on Heisman level. Oh well. Let's do it.

Can I look over that roster. Do you have on your EA locker?

If you want to see what most of the team looks like, type in this gamer tag RomanCaesar

That's the roster I'm using I've just made a few minor adjustments.

Lzen
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Say, how do you delete players from the roster?

Lzen
09-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Ok, here's what I would do extra.

WR/QB Kerry Meier CTH - 90
DT Darius Parish AGI -68 STR 90
MLB Joe Mortensen SPD -80 ACC 80
CB Kendrick Harper AWR 80
P Alonso Rojas KAC 86
K Grady Fowler KAC 92

Otherwise, the roster looks good with the few tweaks you said you did.

okcchief
09-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I like KU as much as anyone and feel they didn't get the credit they deserve on the game. However, the same goes for Fresno State. I don't think you should be tweeking ratings unless you are going to do the same for each team. And that becomes up for debate due to personal bias. Why not leave the ratings as they are? I have no problem with position or number changes but I think it's better to leave them where they are for fairness sakes. You can always build your team in the upcoming years.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey mecca

Beachtribe is in with TN gamertag is RednGold4life

his keyboards jacked so he asked me to relay it

Mecca
09-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, in fairness here every single team has had ratings tweaked, I just didn't do them, Florida State had all their players lowered they were rated as 9th best team on the game while being unranked.

You can't delete players, what you do is you just change them into someone else. And I'll add beach.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Up to 10 players.....2 spots left.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Up to 10 players.....2 spots left.

you decide on the quarter length

Mecca
09-01-2008, 07:23 PM
you decide on the quarter length

I'm still debating on 8-10......I'm going to play a 10 minute game later and see how many plays I get.

Lzen
09-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I like KU as much as anyone and feel they didn't get the credit they deserve on the game. However, the same goes for Fresno State. I don't think you should be tweeking ratings unless you are going to do the same for each team. And that becomes up for debate due to personal bias. Why not leave the ratings as they are? I have no problem with position or number changes but I think it's better to leave them where they are for fairness sakes. You can always build your team in the upcoming years.

Dude, I think we are trying to go for a little realism here. There's no way KU is 77 overall. Plain and simple. It's not like I'm asking for some ridiculous upgrades. I'm really not asking for a lot. Just saying that a team that won a BCS game last year and returns 15 starters should not be disrespected like they did. I just want to play my favorite team and still be a respectable team talentwise. ;)

Lzen
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm still debating on 8-10......I'm going to play a 10 minute game later and see how many plays I get.

How about right in the middle of that? 9 minute quarters?

Lzen
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah.....when do you plan to send out invites?

My gamertag is shredder71...just in case you forgot.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah.....when do you plan to send out invites?

My gamertag is shredder71...just in case you forgot.

I know I wrote all the tags down, I will say most likely sometime tomorrow.

Mecca
09-02-2008, 01:17 AM
I think we're gonna do 9 minute quarters you should get about 70-80 plays with that unless you completely blow out your opponent.

J Diddy
09-02-2008, 01:35 AM
I think we're gonna do 9 minute quarters you should get about 70-80 plays with that unless you completely blow out your opponent.

sounds good

Mecca
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I got 12 so invites will be sent out now.

Mecca
09-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok invites sent out, I'll look into the schedules a little later on and all that, please try to have your preseason stuff done by tomorrow night.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Is this for 360?

Mecca
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Yea it's for 360.

Lzen
09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Me-USC
HC_Chief-West Virginia
J Diddy-Missouri
Lzen-KU
okcchief-Fresno State
Texas, player not from this forum.
Beachtribe-Tennessee
Oklahoma-not on this forum
Ohio State-Not on this forum
LSU-not on this forum
Wisconsin-not on the forum
Northwestern-not on the forum

So,
PAC 10 - 1
Big 12 - 4
SEC - 2
Big 10 - 3
Big East - 1
WAC - 1

Interesting mix.

Mecca
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Yea should be interesting. Are you going to actually enjoy playing with KU's roster this time?

Lzen
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it should be a little more enjoyable. Not that I don't enjoy playing with them now. But yeah, it should level the playing field a little more for me. Not just in games but also in recruiting.

Mecca
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I like the mix honestly, couple of top tier teams, some mid tear teams and some lower tiered teams all spread out across the country.

I'm not a big fan of this years recruiting class though, I was doing my preseason recruiting and not very enamored by it.

J Diddy
09-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I like the mix honestly, couple of top tier teams, some mid tear teams and some lower tiered teams all spread out across the country.

I'm not a big fan of this years recruiting class though, I was doing my preseason recruiting and not very enamored by it.

I imagine I'll have some good players transferring out next year, because I ain't gonna run no spread offense ever.

Mecca
09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
I imagine I'll have some good players transferring out next year, because I ain't gonna run no spread offense ever.

As long as you get your guys playing time they won't leave.

I always put guys in when I'm way ahead, I rotate my RB's and WR's regardless basically as long as they all play and get some balls they'll stick around.

J Diddy
09-03-2008, 01:04 AM
As long as you get your guys playing time they won't leave.

I always put guys in when I'm way ahead, I rotate my RB's and WR's regardless basically as long as they all play and get some balls they'll stick around.

I don't know how often they'll be ahead, I've never played heisman before

Mecca
09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't know how often they'll be ahead, I've never played heisman before

It's not that hard......I was beating Washington earlier 66-10.

When you recruit do you fill your board with 35 guys?

J Diddy
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
It's not that hard......I was beating Washington earlier 66-10.

When you recruit do you fill your board with 35 guys?

no
I list the ones who have the top interest in me and rate them according to their caliber but I won't recruit 10 defensive ends

Mecca
09-03-2008, 01:15 AM
no
I list the ones who have the top interest in me and rate them according to their caliber but I won't recruit 10 defensive ends

Well I'd do that but I'd get 35 guys.....

I try to put the guys on I think I can get but that becomes very frustrating at times when one of the guys you don't think you can get is a guy you really want.

The #1 player has me 3rd atleast but there's this safety I want but the odds of getting him are slim and none basically.

J Diddy
09-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Well I'd do that but I'd get 35 guys.....

I try to put the guys on I think I can get but that becomes very frustrating at times when one of the guys you don't think you can get is a guy you really want.

The #1 player has me 3rd atleast but there's this safety I want but the odds of getting him are slim and none basically.

I have no 5 stars wanting to come to MO so I have to work on that, do you use the promises thing?

Mecca
09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
I have no 5 stars wanting to come to MO so I have to work on that, do you use the promises thing?

You can only use it at the end of the year, for guys you sign in the after the season ends recruiting, yes I use it, because it will increase your coaching integrity as long as you live up to promises.

My tip for it is, don't promise anything you can't for sure keep because if you don't keep it they'll transfer. Like one like playing time is subjective, I'd never promise that, things like no redshirt, winning record against rivals ones that are cut and dry, provided you aren't redshirting the guy.

beach tribe
09-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I've been out of the loop a couple days. I'll do all my stuff this AN.

Tell me, what's a good redshirting strategy. I don't know shit about it.

Lzen
09-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I've been out of the loop a couple days. I'll do all my stuff this AN.

Tell me, what's a good redshirting strategy. I don't know shit about it.

Basically, if the player is better than most others at his position, you might not want to redshirt. Also, if you need that player for depth then don't redshirt. A word of caution, though. If you decide to not redshirt a guy, then you better make sure you get him some playing time. If it doesn't look like he will see the field due to more experienced and/or more talented guys in front of him on the depth chart, then put a redshirt on him.

A lot of times freshmen coming in from HS get redshirted. That is, unless they are an outstanding talent or you just simply need more bodies (depth) at that position. An example would be some defensive linemen if you rotate them and the freshman is good enough to be a backup to one of the starters. In this case, you may not want to redshirt. But let's say you are running a pro style offense and your freshman is the 5th or 6th WR on the depth chart. It would make sense to RS him.

beach tribe
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Basically, if the player is better than most others at his position, you might not want to redshirt. Also, if you need that player for depth then don't redshirt. A word of caution, though. If you decide to not redshirt a guy, then you better make sure you get him some playing time. If it doesn't look like he will see the field due to more experienced and/or more talented guys in front of him on the depth chart, then put a redshirt on him.

A lot of times freshmen coming in from HS get redshirted. That is, unless they are an outstanding talent or you just simply need more bodies (depth) at that position. An example would be some defensive linemen if you rotate them and the freshman is good enough to be a backup to one of the starters. In this case, you may not want to redshirt. But let's say you are running a pro style offense and your freshman is the 5th or 6th WR on the depth chart. It would make sense to RS him.

Thanks a lot.

beach tribe
09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
The Kenny O'Neil transfer really hurts my passing game this season.

Mecca
09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm still waiting on HC Chief and OKCchief to accept their invites...

Mecca
09-04-2008, 05:19 AM
The Kenny O'Neil transfer really hurts my passing game this season.

You got Brandon Warren now though, a legit TE, so it's a fair trade off I think.

beach tribe
09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
You got Brandon Warren now though, a legit TE, so it's a fair trade off I think.

Yeah, I like the Warren. He's fast for a TE, But a lot of my passing game came from stretching the field.

I'm thinking about doing something crazy. I have the personel to do it until next season. I may put Eric Berry in as a third WR, and rotate him in and out of the lineup as a deep threat.

beach tribe
09-04-2008, 05:36 AM
BTW. How long is going to take to advance to the season?

Mecca
09-04-2008, 06:41 AM
BTW. How long is going to take to advance to the season?

Well if Okc would accept his damn invite, you'd think he would since he played his damn game last night...

If those 2 guys don't accept by tonight I'm advancing it anyway, if a couple people drop out or get booted no big deal that's why I wanted to start with 12.

beach tribe
09-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Well if Okc would accept his damn invite, you'd think he would since he played his damn game last night...

If those 2 guys don't accept by tonight I'm advancing it anyway, if a couple people drop out or get booted no big deal that's why I wanted to start with 12.

Oh, don't call out Okc about getting his shit done, he might fire back.

Mecca
09-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh, don't call out Okc about getting his shit done, he might fire back.

Ok I just checked he did join last night, the only guy who hasn't is Texas guy, I sent him a message basically telling him if he still wanted in he needed to join today because I would be advancing it tonight....

Which I will be, he has till probably 7 or 8 tonight, but if I sign on and see that he was online and didn't join or something like that I'll just remove him and we won't have a Texas user.

So it's going to advance tonight one way or the other.

Mecca
09-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Oh I'm also going to warn you guys straight up, if the computer team is better rated than your team it is going to be very hard to win.

These sliders make the computer no sure bet win. My brother is playing an offline dynasty as Tennessee and he's yet to make it through the SEC undefeated. You can blow away the teams your better than but if the team has a similar rating or a better one than you it is very difficult.

Especially if you're on the road, Ohio State torched my ass up and down the field I got enough stops to win but I still felt like I got my ass kicked.

I'm giving you all the warning before you start thinking holy shit is this just me.

Lzen
09-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Ok I just checked he did join last night, the only guy who hasn't is Texas guy, I sent him a message basically telling him if he still wanted in he needed to join today because I would be advancing it tonight....

Which I will be, he has till probably 7 or 8 tonight, but if I sign on and see that he was online and didn't join or something like that I'll just remove him and we won't have a Texas user.

So it's going to advance tonight one way or the other.

Ah man, I hope he does. I was really looking forward to at least 3 human opponents this year. :)

BTW, I don't think you answered beach tribe's question fully. I think what he wanted to know (as do I) is what is your plan on how many days before you advance each week?

Mecca
09-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Depends on the time of week but generally expect 4 days, if this does move tonight which I expect to, expect till have until Monday Night to do your game, I know it's the weekend and football is on and everything so I'll leave some time in there.

Lzen
09-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Depends on the time of week but generally expect 4 days, if this does move tonight which I expect to, expect till have until Monday Night to do your game, I know it's the weekend and football is on and everything so I'll leave some time in there.

4 days should be plenty of time no matter what time of the week.

Mecca
09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
4 days should be plenty of time no matter what time of the week.

Yea some people are slow, if I put 4 up there take that as the ultimate max time and hopefully everyone will be done before that.

beach tribe
09-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Yea some people are slow, if I put 4 up there take that as the ultimate max time and hopefully everyone will be done before that.

Four days should be a good deadline. Sounds good.

okcchief
09-04-2008, 09:21 AM

I accepted the invite before I played my game dude.

okcchief
09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh I'm also going to warn you guys straight up, if the computer team is better rated than your team it is going to be very hard to win.

These sliders make the computer no sure bet win. My brother is playing an offline dynasty as Tennessee and he's yet to make it through the SEC undefeated. You can blow away the teams your better than but if the team has a similar rating or a better one than you it is very difficult.

Especially if you're on the road, Ohio State torched my ass up and down the field I got enough stops to win but I still felt like I got my ass kicked.

I'm giving you all the warning before you start thinking holy shit is this just me.

I may only win 3 or 4 games with Fresno State. Oh well, at least it will be a challenge.

Lzen
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
BTW Mecca,
you can add a user at any time. So, if someone doesn't work out and you want to add someone else later down the road, you can.

Mecca
09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Yea I was looking at that stuff, if the guy hasn't joined by tonight when I flip it on then he's gonna be out of luck.

J Diddy
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
word
beat illinois 23-14

like the length, it's like a real game
lots of fun

Mecca
09-04-2008, 11:12 PM
I beat Virginia.....61-21

What sucks is I had a crap week all in all no one committed to me in recruiting then Stanley Havili got injured.

HC_Chief
09-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll get my game on tonight.

beach tribe
09-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Me Too.

J Diddy
09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I beat Virginia.....61-21

What sucks is I had a crap week all in all no one committed to me in recruiting then Stanley Havili got injured.

sorry

i didn't even try to get commits this week I just felt the pitches on everyone, will start nailing the coffins next

I take it Texas dude didn't show up?

I hope he does, I think I'd stand a better chance of beating a person at texas late in the season then cpu

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
when you moving this forward

Mecca
09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm planning on moving it tonight, and what's your message mean is the OSU guy being a fag or something?

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm planning on moving it tonight, and what's your message mean is the OSU guy being a Rump Ranger or something?

nah just saying he's holding us up last 2 days

Mecca
09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
nah just saying he's holding us up last 2 days

Ah that guy was complaining about the quarter length too, i might just boot him.

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Ah that guy was complaining about the quarter length too, i might just boot him.

Ohio state to boot

Lzen
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Ummm.....ok. It's Sunday night.

Mecca
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ummm.....ok. It's Sunday night.

Well shit I'm watching the Colts game...

Lzen
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Sry, didn't realize. I don't watch most other games because I don't care for any other team than the Chiefs.

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Well shit I'm watching the Colts game...

bears spank em lol

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
so are you gonna advance this tonight?

and that would be a no

Lzen
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I guess we don't really have a set move day. :shake:

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, I guess we don't really have a set move day. :shake:

yeah like wtf?

Mecca
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Yea I moved it, sorry about that, It will move on the scheduled day 99% of the time. Last night the EA servers were being a bitch not letting me sign in, and I had some stuff to do today.

I booted OSU dude aswell, things should go alot quicker now.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Yea I moved it, sorry about that, It will move on the scheduled day 99% of the time. Last night the EA servers were being a bitch not letting me sign in, and I had some stuff to do today.

I booted OSU dude aswell, things should go alot quicker now.

oh, so that's what happened
I thought you were snobbing out on me

:D

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 09:54 PM
maybe no more fcs teams

I just won 139-33

that's arena football

Mecca
09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Yea I know they're really easy, but the schedule jacked, I changed it then when I started the season it switched back, oh well.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Yea I know they're really easy, but the schedule jacked, I changed it then when I started the season it switched back, oh well.

yeah if that poor team were real, they'd probably just quit the football program altogether when they got back home

sad part I put 49 on them in the 4th quarter with both 2nd teams starting

okcchief
09-09-2008, 12:10 AM
yeah if that poor team were real, they'd probably just quit the football program altogether when they got back home

sad part I put 49 on them in the 4th quarter with both 2nd teams starting

That's really how bad those teams are though. A big school could do that to them but they do roll up 49 points in the 4th quarter with a huge lead :)

HC_Chief
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
maybe no more fcs teams

I just won 139-33

that's arena football

I started my backups at half.

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I started my backups at half.

well I would have, but I was being a stat whore

HC_Chief
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
WVU nearly lost to ECS thanks to the nerfed passing game. Sheesh. Roll out, set for a second, throw to single-covered receiver who has 5 yd separation, pass goes way off directly to safety... twice. Then, safety is faster than Devine and Pat White. Riiiiiiight.

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:12 PM
So um no beach tribe I guess.....I'll be moving forward at 10 tonight whether he does his stuff or not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Mecca,

How could I get involved in this?

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Mecca,

How could I get involved in this?

Do you have a 360......give me your gamer tag and your team you want and I can add you now....there will have only been 2 weeks done so you likely won't have to much to adapt from what the computer has done.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you have a 360......give me your gamer tag and your team you want and I can add you now....there will have only been 2 weeks done so you likely won't have to much to adapt from what the computer has done.

Gamer Tag: T3st1cl3Cuffs
Team: Gimme a while to think about this, I want to look over the rankings seeing as everyone picked loaded teams.

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Team: Gimme a while to think about this, I want to look over the rankings seeing as everyone picked loaded teams.

The Ohio State and Texas users are out so don't count those teams....it's kind of a mix of top teams and building teams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
How does the online dynasty work?

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
How does the online dynasty work?

Basically just like an offline one, other than as the commish I advance the week, you do your recruiting and play your game and then set that you're ready to advance, if you play another user team you 2 need to get together to have your game.

Think of playing an offline dynasty with 10-12 real people controlling teams and the computer doing the rest.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Awesome. Give me Bowling Green.

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Awesome. Give me Bowling Green.

Ok, I'll be on probably around 10 tonight so I'll send you an invite right around then.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
so how many of these guys are cheezers?

Mecca
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
so how many of these guys are cheezers?

I haven't played any of them yet and I don't plan on making many games user vs user, but it'll happen in bowl games...

If anyone seriously cheeses I need to be told and I'll take them out. Half the league posts here though so I don't think there's anyone who's a hardcore cheeser.

J Diddy
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I haven't played any of them yet and I don't plan on making many games user vs user, but it'll happen in bowl games...

If anyone seriously cheeses I need to be told and I'll take them out. Half the league posts here though so I don't think there's anyone who's a hardcore cheeser.

i'm a hardcore cheeser

Lzen
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Where does the other half post?

BTW, I was thinking about next season. What if we get together with other people to try to schedule non con games against humans? Say Hamas and I agree to a game. Would you mind setting up the schedule to do that? I know it can be a pain at times to do that. But I don't think you would have a ton of trouble.

Mecca
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Where does the other half post?

BTW, I was thinking about next season. What if we get together with other people to try to schedule non con games against humans? Say Hamas and I agree to a game. Would you mind setting up the schedule to do that? I know it can be a pain at times to do that. But I don't think you would have a ton of trouble.

It's fine if you want to play someone, the other people are from operation sports.

Mecca
09-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Hrm it's telling me you don't have an EA account...I've tried to send you an invite about 5 times now.

okcchief
09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Tell who ever Wisconsin is that I tried to get online just now but I'm getting the famous red ring of death!!!****!!! Luckily I got the three year warranty at circuit city in fear that shit would happen someday. It took two years but I finally got em. Hopefully, I'll get a new one this weekend but if you have to skip past me I understand.

okcchief
09-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Shit!

I was lied to when I bought this warranty I have to ****ing mail it in. It's actually worse than the xbox warranty. I'm going to reem ass at circuit city tomorrow but it looks like I could be without an xbox as long as a month. I guess it would be best to remove me when you are ready to move on. I'll join again when I get my xbox back. The failure rate on this piece of shit is way too high. Other than that I love it when it works. Good thing is I bought a PS3 a few months back but have used only for blu ray and not games. It is time to give it a chance.

F Bill Gates

Mecca
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
You'll get it back in 2-3 weeks probably...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Hrm it's telling me you don't have an EA account...I've tried to send you an invite about 5 times now.

Oh...I don't...Hold on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 01:27 AM
I logged on and accepted the Terms and Conditions. I'd assume that would make me eligible for an invite.

Mecca
09-12-2008, 01:42 AM
I logged on and accepted the Terms and Conditions. I'd assume that would make me eligible for an invite.

Ok I'll send you one likely sometime tomorrow, you wont miss anything.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
played my game last night, after it was done said ea servers were done and I could either keep trying to record the score or abandon it

left it on all night tried again this morning to send the final score and it froze

:cuss:

Mecca
09-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Ok Hamas you have an invite, I don't know if you accepted it or not I haven't been on....we likely won't advance till Monday with a guy being out of town.

J Diddy
09-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Ok Hamas you have an invite, I don't know if you accepted it or not I haven't been on....we likely won't advance till Monday with a guy being out of town.

Hey Mecca,

Isn't he supposed to play okcchief?
I don't think he's from this forum might not know okcchief had the red ring of death on his xbox

Lzen
09-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey Mecca,

Isn't he supposed to play okcchief?
I don't think he's from this forum might not know okcchief had the red ring of death on his xbox

No, he plays Boise State. okcchief (NOLAVDOP) is Fresno State. It's Wisconsin that plays Fresno State.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
This guy sent me a message saying something has to be done about all the restarts....who has a bunch of restarts?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
God, that game ****ing sucked. Sheehan threw five picks, including a pick six and a pick 3 (before the half). My right tackle got continually decimated, giving up 4 sacks. At one point I was down 24-7. I rallied back from 27-24 to bring the game within 1, 30-29 with around 3 1/2 minutes left. Boise gets two first downs, but I finally make a stop and get the ball at the 20 with 2:08 to go.

Sheehan promptly throws a pick six (how I don't know) on a pass to a receiver who was wide open on the post.

I drive the ball down, and despite a crushing drop, I'm on the 10 with 19 seconds left. I complete a pass over the middle to disgraced former QB Anthony Turner, but despite running the hurry up, I can't get another snap off before the game ends, with me losing 37-29.

All things considered, I'd say my first game at that level on '09 was a pretty big success. I did notice that one dude with Mizzou restarted three times and beat Nevada by three.

Much dishonor.

So now, BG sits at 1-2, and because I started late, a lot of the in-state recruits I wanted to target are too far gone to reasonably expect to get back. Oh well, it will make it all the more fun in the future.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
BTW, Mecca, could you increase Tyler Sheehan's accuracy? He's a much more accurate QB than that. I know you tweaked some KU guys...

Oh, it is beyond bizarre to return kickoffs with one of your former students.

J Diddy
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
This guy sent me a message saying something has to be done about all the restarts....who has a bunch of restarts?

I had 3 but I explained what happened down below. I won the game and when it was finished the server was offline.

fwiw, the second time I played them I did much worse than my first

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I explained to the guy that you had issues with the EA server, if you restart you need to tell me why right away or people are going to complain..

and Hamas I'm sorry I can't change anyones ratings now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I explained to the guy that you had issues with the EA server, if you restart you need to tell me why right away or people are going to complain..

That's cool. I'll adjust.

J Diddy
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM

well I did post it on here

J Diddy
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
so who we waiting on?

Mecca
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
so who we waiting on?

Well I thought Beach was going to play his game....I'm not sure what's going on there.

J Diddy
09-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I thought Beach was going to play his game....I'm not sure what's going on there.

that's cool

probably be Friday before I can get on again though

Mecca
09-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Well if Beach doesn't play his game by this evening I'll advance it, he'll win anyway it's UAB.

HC_Chief
09-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Well if Beach doesn't play his game by this evening I'll advance it, he'll win anyway it's UAB.

He's having issues w/ Xbox Live.

beach tribe
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, I hate to say this, but with this problem, and my company sending me to Germany Fri, It looks like I'm gonna have to go on autopilot for a couple weeks. Please don't delete me. I will be back. Thanks guys. It's been fun. Good luck.

HC_Chief
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Well, I hate to say this, but with this problem, and my company sending me to Germany Fri, It looks like I'm gonna have to go on autopilot for a couple weeks. Please don't delete me. I will be back. Thanks guys. It's been fun. Good luck.

Octoberfest? Lucky bastard!!!

beach tribe
09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Octoberfest? Lucky bastard!!!

I went through this last year. I was actually in Germany during October fest. I flew into Hamburg, same place I'm going this year, and much to my dismay, beer fest only goes on in Munich, and it's surrounding areas. Although, there is a little bit of October fest atmosphere everywhere, it's nothing like it is there. Fun none the less.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171093&highlight=germany+hamburg

J Diddy
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM

Wow. That's awesome, definitely take some pics and have fun.

Lzen
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Ok, this is getting old. I can't play defense against the CPU no matter how hard I try. I'm sick of not being able to get pressure on the QB. My D-linemen get sucked into the blocks just about every time. The CPU QB can be falling backwards and still throw a laser. The CPU halfback can do spin move after spin move and break 3, 4, 5, 6 tackles. Meanwhile, the guys blocking out on the edges get away with blocking my guys in the back. My guys end up with the face in the dirt and the HB runs right by them.

I understand wanting settings to be tough and challenging. But these settings cause the CPU to get away with bullshit left and right. The only way to beat the CPU is to outscore them. If you really want a challenge, try a lesser team. Challenging is good, but not when it's CPU BS cheating. I like challenging games when the game is played like a realistic game. This is not realistic. It would have been better to have all 12 teams in the same conference so at least I have a better chance than against the BS CPU cheating.

HC_Chief
09-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I retired from the league. This game pisses me off more than I get enjoyment out of it. Tiburon did a shit job developing this game and EA can blow me. The game is going to Gamestop tomorrow in trade for something else... maybe Metroid for the Wii.

I'm done w/ EA sports games. They have become more about the tertiary crap than the sport the game is supposed to simulate. I bet the developers of NCAA 09 have never WATCHED football, let alone play it.

Good luck, and I hope the game doesn't piss you off as much as it has me. :D

Mecca
09-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't know why you guys are having such problems, in my offline one I lead the nation in defense and I only allowed 27 points to Ohio State....and I had a 20 sack season with 1 player on these settings.

When you pick a lower team you have to build it up, KU really did give up alot of points to USF, and look at how good WV is so far.

Tell me what bullshit you think the computer is doing and I'll tell you why it's happening. I mean if you're expecting to go undefeated and just roll teams better than you, that won't happen. On these sliders if a team is ranked equal to or better than yours they will be very difficult to beat.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Get better.

I started playing on these settings and had a rough go of it at first. I gave up 37 to Boise State, but that was with five picks.

I played with the same sliders in a Dynasty game with Mizzou and held Illinois to 3 points. You just have to call a game with some sense. Don't blitz corners all the time or send the house, and make use of mixing up your coverages.

Most people don't want a real challenge when they play these games, they just want to beat the hell out of the CPU. These offenses are quite stoppable.

Mecca
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Get better.

I started playing on these settings and had a rough go of it at first. I gave up 37 to Boise State, but that was with five picks.

I played with the same sliders in a Dynasty game with Mizzou and held Illinois to 3 points. You just have to call a game with some sense. Don't blitz corners all the time or send the house, and make use of mixing up your coverages.

Most people don't want a real challenge when they play these games, they just want to beat the hell out of the CPU. These offenses are quite stoppable.

That's what I thought, if you constantly blitz especially CB blitz you'll get burned, I haven't called a corner blitz in years on video games.

Also people going nuts about sacks I got 20 in a year on these, I had them at different settings for another year and watched my brother get 45 with 1 guy that is extremely unrealistic...

You guys do realize the team that led the nation in sacks last year was Georgia with 47.5 right....which at 13 games...isn't that many a game, do you think using a team like KU should net you UGA type sack rates?

Mecca
09-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh and for the love of christ no one cheat at recruiting either....I know exactly how it can be done so if I catch anyone doing it....if you think you see anyone else doing it alert me also.

I'm going to tell you what they are too so don't think I don't know about them and if you notice someone else doing it speak up......scheduling guys to visit more than 1 game...if you have a guy visit in say week 4....if you take him off your board and put him back on, it will let you reoffer the scholarship and schedule another visit....this is hardcore cheating.

The other way to cheat, is to take the dynasty save it offline and go through each of your recruits unlocking all their pitches and writing them down, and continuing to reload it till you have them all, this way you know exactly what to unlock hardsell and sway without wasting any time, this is also cheating.

If someone is using a lower tiered school and they have a USC esq class they are obviously cheating....if anyone is pulling 15 5 star players they are cheating...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I had no idea you could do such things...it never ceases to amaze me why people want to ****ing cheat at video games.

Mecca
09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I think the absolute most 5 stars you can pull is 14 or 15 but that requires using a 6 star prestige school, I think USC, OU and Ohio State are the only schools capable of pulling that many.

If you see, say KU or MU with 11 5 star commits in the first year, we know what that means.....and I'm not saying you guys are cheating just using examples.

Oh and Hamas I'll send you an invite again here in a little bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't need one. I can log in.

Mecca
09-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Don't need one. I can log in.

Ah ok good.

I'm still honestly not sure what people are flipping about I think these sliders are good if you play a computer team that is rated better than you the game is hard as it should be.

I don't think every user should be going undefeated against every CPU team every time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I know, right now, I'm in the middle of a dog fight with Pitt (w/ Bowling Green). I just scored to bring it to 21-28, but it's been a well played game. I have 2 TO's, they have none, but they have missed two figgies.

People need to run more zone, and if a guy breaks off a 20 yard gain don't quit, take an angle and stop them on the next set of downs.

Mecca
09-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Does Pitt run it every time? I mean between those 2 teams LeSean McCoy is about the only legit NFL player so I figure they'd just try to abuse you with him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Just lost the game 41-35.

I got robo-QB'ed a little bit. Pitt's QBs were 27-31, but their RBs were stopped fairly easily.

I fumbled the opening kickoff that led to a Pitt TD, and late in the first half, I went for it on fourth and goal instead of kicking a FG. Had I just kicked the FG, or didn't cough it up, I would have won the game or forced it to OT, as their last FG was after an onside kick attempt that failed.

I can accept that, because even though they won this year, Pitt is better than BG.

J Diddy
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
that is my one complaint, the cpu qb's are insanely accurate whereas occasionally my qb will throw the ball to left field. What the hell?

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I would really like it if QBs, both CPU and human, just ****ing airlifted the ball to the nearest hospital sometimes. It happens a little with the human, but I'm sick of a 70% completion percentage (though part of that is that I mostly dink and dunk before going deep) with every incomplete pass on each side nearly being a pick. They've improved it, but it's not enough.

okcchief
09-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I had no problem with the settins in the game I played. I barely beat Rutgers which is about right. The QB accuracy should be adjusted but its always that way on football games at the higher skill levels.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't mind if the CPU does well because I made some bad calls or something. It's the BS CPU cheating and unrealistic crap that I don't like.

I wish I had that week 3 dynasty file saved so that I could try to take USC vs OSU in a game offline on your settings just to see. I am curious as to how how well I would do. I think the think that you don't understand is that the BS settings don't affect a team like USC much at all. Or perhaps, Mecca, you are just way too good. Somehow, I don't think that's it, though. I mean, yeah, you're very good at this game. Of that, I have no doubt. But I don't think that's all of it.

You guys talk like it's no big deal. Listen, I am not a newbie to football games. I have been playing Madden since the first one came out. The only thing about this version is that I hadn't played NCAA since 06 and I hadn't been playing a console version (been doing the CPU version of Madden 06, 07, & 08). So my biggest struggle has been learning the controls. I think I do alright with that now, though.

It's not that I'm unhappy with the game. I think it's a great game. Just that your settings are unrealistic. Look at some of the other scores for evidence (LSUallows Auburn 58 points, Missouri allows Buffalo 41 points). It's obviously not just me. You justified it by saying that the real KU gave up points against USF. Let's examine that, shall we?

First, the USF in this game is not rated as high as the real USF. Secondly, I don't mind if I lose (without all the BS CPU cheating, of course) to a quality team like USF at their house. It's when I struggle to keep down a team like Florida International or Louisiana Tech (at home, no less). Hell, I even gave up some yards to FCS Midwest. Albeit, I mass subbed backups about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Still, there is no way my team should allow that team anything, backups or not.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 08:39 AM
BTW, I am going to highlight some of my comments since the specifics were apparently overlooked the first time. These are just my biggest complaints. I could probably live with everything else but these are ridiculous.

- My D-linemen get sucked into the blocks just about every time.
-The CPU QB can be falling backwards and still throw a laser.
-The CPU halfback can do spin move after spin move and break 3, 4, 5, 6 tackles.
-Meanwhile, the guys blocking out on the edges get away with blocking my guys in the back. My guys end up with the face in the dirt and the HB runs right by them.

And to address another point. I don't blitz that much. I like to try to keep the offense off balance. I do run zones a lot. However, when you can't get pressure and the QB has all day to stand in the pocket, it's time to adjust that strategy.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
BTW, I am going to highlight some of my comments since the specifics were apparently overlooked the first time. These are just my biggest complaints. I could probably live with everything else but these are ridiculous.

And to address another point. I don't blitz that much. I like to try to keep the offense off balance. I do run zones a lot. However, when you can't get pressure and the QB has all day to stand in the pocket, it's time to adjust that strategy.

Do you believe as Kansas you should be able to rival Georgia's nation leading last year 47 sacks?

And I play press man 90% of the time so you're philosophy is different than mine.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Do you believe as Kansas you should be able to rival Georgia's nation leading last year 47 sacks?

Dude, you didn't even read (or comprehend?) what I posted. Did I say anything about sacks? Nope. I said pressure. Getting pressure on the QB is important even if you don't get a sack out of it.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Dude, you didn't even read (or comprehend?) what I posted. Did I say anything about sacks? Nope. I said pressure. Getting pressure on the QB is important even if you don't get a sack out of it.

I will give you 2 tips ok......the end over the RT is easier to get pressure with..learn how to jump the snap it helps immensely. The computer players rushing is pretty much relegated to how good their ratings are.

The blocking on this game is better it's just programmed that way, it's frustrating at times but at other teams I wonder if it's better because on past games you could literally as a team average 8+ sacks a game.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 02:22 PM
And I play press man 90% of the time so you're philosophy is different than mine.

I play press sometimes. Sometimes I bring up just my safeties (like in a cover 2 man). Sometimes I slant the D line. Sometimes I spread the LBers. You see, I don't just do one thing. I know how to play defense. That is not the issue here. I suggest you go back and look at the stats from some of the games that have been played. Teams like LSU and OU giving up 500 yards to the opponents' offenses. Doesn't seem to realistic to me.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I will give you 2 tips ok......the end over the RT is easier to get pressure with..learn how to jump the snap it helps immensely. The computer players rushing is pretty much relegated to how good their ratings are.

The blocking on this game is better it's just programmed that way, it's frustrating at times but at other teams I wonder if it's better because on past games you could literally as a team average 8+ sacks a game.

Most of the time, I take the DE that is on the weak side. I don't expect 8 sacks. Hell, I would be happy with just 1 or 2 sacks and multiple pressures. You see, it's not all about sacks. Obviously, you don't understand that.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I play press sometimes. Sometimes I bring up just my safeties (like in a cover 2 man). Sometimes I slant the D line. Sometimes I spread the LBers. You see, I don't just do one thing. I know how to play defense. That is not the issue here. I suggest you go back and look at the stats from some of the games that have been played. Teams like LSU and OU giving up 500 yards to the opponents' offenses. Doesn't seem to realistic to me.

I have looked at that and I showed my brother who said and I quote "wow are those guys not very good?"

He uses Tennessee on these sliders and I've watched him hold Florida under 30 points and shutout teams like Auburn.

I don't mean that as a knock, you have to learn how to play the computer on these sliders. If your overall team speed is slow it's very difficult though, which is why I can understand you having issues your team physically isn't elite. The LSU and OU guys have no excuse if they give up 500 yards they frankly are ****ing up.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Most of the time, I take the DE that is on the weak side. I don't expect 8 sacks. Hell, I would be happy with just 1 or 2 sacks and multiple pressures. You see, it's not all about sacks. Obviously, you don't understand that.

How fast are your ends, I know your team isn't elite in talent....so I'm asking.

Lzen
09-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I have looked at that and I showed my brother who said and I quote "wow are those guys not very good?"

He uses Tennessee on these sliders and I've watched him hold Florida under 30 points and shutout teams like Auburn.

I don't mean that as a knock, you have to learn how to play the computer on these sliders. If your overall team speed is slow it's very difficult though, which is why I can understand you having issues your team physically isn't elite. The LSU and OU guys have no excuse if they give up 500 yards they frankly are ****ing up.

Does your brother have the CPU RB spinning out of several tackles? Does your brother have ........ ah **** it. This is not even worth it. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Mecca
09-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Does your brother have the CPU RB spinning out of several tackles? Does your brother have ........ ah **** it. This is not even worth it. It's like talking to a brick wall.

LOL I've watched him go nuts playing Georgia because Moreno will slide through the line and slip out like he's butter.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, I'm simply saying you're KU who alot of people have losing 6-8 games this year, you aren't going to physically dominate other teams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I have no problem with the CPU offense on these settings. If anything, I find the CPU defense to be harder to overcome. I wonder if a lot of these people are scoring 60 and 70 points by cheezedicking their way up and down the field.

J Diddy
09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I have no problem with the CPU offense on these settings. If anything, I find the CPU defense to be harder to overcome. I wonder if a lot of these people are scoring 60 and 70 points by cheezedicking their way up and down the field.

I'm quite the opposite. Of course, I'm missouri. My D is usually enough to stop for a series or 2 but have no problems scoring on O which is generally the difference in the game.

okcchief
09-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I think my only problem was with the quarter length. I think six minute quarters would be plenty.

J Diddy
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey mecca,

when we moving again?

Mecca
09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey mecca,

when we moving again?

Probably later tonight....I'm going to watch the Cowboys game so probably when thats over.

J Diddy
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Probably later tonight....I'm going to watch the Cowboys game so probably when thats over.

What the heck is the dealio?

okcchief
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I got my xbox back today but I don't think I'm going to continue with these dynasties. I don't enjoy the game enough to put up with all the fighting and finger pointing. Just take me out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm in my third year with Mizzou.

I just beat Texas (2) 52-13 and Oklahoma St. (6) 55-10 in successive weeks. Held Texas to under 200 total yards.

If you have good corners, play press man, and jump the snap. If you can't get to the QB, jump up to change the trajectory of the pass. Run stunts, and don't use the speed burst if you are looping to the inside. Be patient in your tackling and most of all, keep contain. If you can keep contain you can be very successful.

I only blitz on third and long so that the QB will throw quickly. The Dime is effectively worthless, IMO. Stay away from the 46 as well. If you do these things, you can have a solid D.

If you play a bend-but-don't-break style you'll usually give up a first or two, and then the computer will make a mistake that will allow you to capitalize and put them in 3rd and long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok, a couple of observations after playing a second Dynasty game online.

I played Wyoming, and gave up 233 yards and 5 TDs on 30 carries to Devin Moore He had 9 broken tackles. My three running backs (with more carries) had 3, despite heavy use of trucking and the juke stick. Now, Devin Moore seems like an ok college back, but 8 yards a carry is a little bit over the top. I was using a variety of 4-3, Nickel, and even Dime defenses, crashing down, and jumping the snap.

My defense played far better when I didn't jump the snap, which I found odd.

I had no QB pressures and no sacks.

I scored to go up 7-0. Wyoming then ripped off 31 straight points. I scored twice before the end of the half to end 31-21. I slowly worked back throughout the second half, but a couple of plays pissed me off

1) I had a WR matched on their MLB and he was running a post route over the middle. He had 3 yards of separation but the MLB chased the ball down (thrown on a line) and picked it off

2) Their FG kicked hit one off the post from 48 yards that then bounced through. I kicked a 51 yarder that hit the crossbar, bounced up and then fell back.

3) They went for it every time on 4th and 2 or shorter. One time I stopped them, stripping their QB of the ball. He fumbled, then a lineman recovered it and got a first down. I challenged it, the fumble was overturned, and then 2) happened.

4) After driving down the field to tie it at 41 with 30 seconds left, I kicked off. The kick landed five yards deep, and their return man took it out, went up the wedge, then ran back towards the goal line cut back and around and then up the seam for a 51 yard return. They then hit a 30 yard out to the TE, and I let him score so I could have the ball back. No miracle, and I lost 48-41.

If I were to make some suggestions on how to tweak the settings, I'd do this:

1) You need to turn up the User Break block ability a small amount.
2) Running back ability needs to be turned down a little bit. I think the run blocking is fine set a little higher, but if you can blow plays up the backfield and the back is still breaking free, you have a problem.
3) QB settings are fine. In fact, I think the offensive settings for the User are set about right
4) You should set CPU interceptions to 0, CPU pass block to 0, CPU WR catching to 15-20

CPU QB accuracy seems pretty solid, I do think that CPU kickoff strength is a little too high, and their FG accuracy should be 25-30.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Lzen
09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
2) Running back ability needs to be turned down a little bit. I think the run blocking is fine set a little higher, but if you can blow plays up the backfield and the back is still breaking free, you have a problem.

That was my biggest complaint by far.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 09:01 PM
That was my biggest complaint by far.

I'm wondering if there is a threshold whereby it's easier to compete with these sliders with a Good team against a Good team than a bad team against a bad team.

Mecca, if you could list the sliders, that would be awesome.

Lzen
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm wondering if there is a threshold whereby it's easier to compete with these sliders with a Good team against a Good team than a bad team against a bad team.

Mecca, if you could list the sliders, that would be awesome.

You can get the sliders yourself. Just save the dynasty as an offline dynasty and then check the house rules section.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Ok this will advance tomorrow but to add......

CPU FG power is at 0, I can't make it any lower and they still hammer in long FG's I know it's bullshit.

I've experimented alot with the pass blocking and break block settings.....the RB abilty thing is only 5 points higher than default. The problem is if you set it lower you'll kill the other team.

The way the game was made in order to make the computer play competitively it basically makes them cheat.

And all INT sliders are on 0 I can't make it any worse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Ok this will advance tomorrow but to add......

CPU FG power is at 0, I can't make it any lower and they still hammer in long FG's I know it's bullshit.

I've experimented alot with the pass blocking and break block settings.....the RB abilty thing is only 5 points higher than default. The problem is if you set it lower you'll kill the other team.

The way the game was made in order to make the computer play competitively it basically makes them cheat.

And all INT sliders are on 0 I can't make it any worse.

What is the FG accuracy setting?

Hell, I can't believe it's only 55. Oh well. I think a lot of the shit with my team is just the fact that they suck. I can rain death with Mizzou.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
The CPU's FG accuracy is also 0, I put them both at 0 since college kickers usually suck yet they still make most of their kicks even long ones...

Hey you should set it on default, they'll bang through 58 yarders.

J Diddy
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey, um, for being "The Dynasty" it is moving slower than molassess up hill in the dead of winter.

WTF?

Lzen
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
The weird thing is that I'm not in it anymore but I don't recall selecting retire. Perhaps I did that by accident. I'm not sure. Oh well, it's probably for the best anyway. I was not really having any fun with it.

J Diddy
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
is anyone playing on this anymore?

Seems like the weeks never advance

J Diddy
10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
meh I just retired. Just too long between the weeks plus didn't look like anybody was interested anymore.