PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Michael Moore : What a Liberal jerk .......

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080830000004.aspx

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'
Controversial filmmaker admits he's delighted to see a natural disaster potentially interfere with the Republican event.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
8/30/2008 12:13:18 AM

Sometime you really have wonder at what cost some are willing to see their political ideology advanced.

To liberal documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, the bounds are seemingly endless. Moore has made a recent career out of attacking President George W. Bush, bashing conservatives and criticizing business. His latest outrage occurred on MSNBC’s August 29 “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and when he commented about the coincidental timing of an unfortunate disaster – the potential for Hurricane Gustav to make landfall at the beginning of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn.

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”

After that comment, Moore backed off a bit and did say he hoped nobody got hurt and he hoped everybody is taking cover. However, he failed to make note of the $43.625 billion in damage the last hurricane to strike New Orleans caused – Hurricane Katrina in 2005 – and the billions of dollars the storm cost taxpayers.

Moore also took the opportunity to take a dig at President George W. Bush and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain.

“I can’t see what you showed,” Moore said to “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann about a video clip including Bush and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. celebrating McCain’s birthday. “I don’t know if you showed the cake there that they had there, three years ago today – with McCain and Bush. When Marie Antoinette – when she said, ‘Let them eat cake,’ I think she was speaking figuratively. They literally were while New Orleans was drowning – eating cake. So, it’s, um, I don’t know – let’s hope things get better.”

Olbermann, whose opinions tend to fall on the same far left end of the ideological spectrum as Moore, said it was even weirder than Moore observed. Olbermann said “one of” Focus on the Family preachers connected to Chairman Dr. James Dobson’s was allegedly calling for everyone to pray for rain during Sen. Barack Obama’s Democratic convention speech.

Moore told Olbermann he feared McCain would continue the wars that we are in and would start a new one with Iran. He defended Iran’s aggressive tactic with nuclear weapons by suggesting that if Iran invaded Mexico and Canada, as we had with Iraq and Afghanistan, even he and Olbermann would “build whatever we could do defend ourselves.”

Both Olbermann and Moore were full of praise for Obama’s speech and Moore chalked McCain’s selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to cynicism on part of the Republican Party.

Moore has been a crusader for socialized health care in the United States, especially with his 2007 documentary “SiCKO.” Moore depicted the health care systems used in Canada, France, the United Kingdom and the communist nation of Cuba as what the United States should have – an expensive taxpayer-funded health care system.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Not partisan, eh?

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Not partisan, eh?

Nope, his comments were just plain stupid and showed no class, no respect to the victims in the hurricane's path .:shake:

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Nope, his comments were just plain stupid and showed no class, no respect to the victims in the hurricane's path .:shake:

So, a jerk?

The liberal part has nothing to do with it, I take it.

Logical
08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Roy here is my reaction to your post.... (http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080830000004.aspx)
After that comment, Moore backed off a bit and did say he hoped nobody got hurt and he hoped everybody is taking cover. ...

Seems like after his initial ill conceived joke he realized his mistake and said the right thing.

“I can’t see what you showed,” Moore said to “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann about a video clip including Bush and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. celebrating McCain’s birthday. “I don’t know if you showed the cake there that they had there, three years ago today – with McCain and Bush. When Marie Antoinette – when she said, ‘Let them eat cake,’ I think she was speaking figuratively. They literally were while New Orleans was drowning – eating cake. So, it’s, um, I don’t know – let’s hope things get better.”

McCain and Bush did this during one of the United States worst disaster, you don't think they deserve a little criticism?

Olbermann, whose opinions tend to fall on the same far left end of the ideological spectrum as Moore, said it was even weirder than Moore observed. Olbermann said “one of” Focus on the Family preachers connected to Chairman Dr. James Dobson’s was allegedly calling for everyone to pray for rain during Sen. Barack Obama’s Democratic convention speech.

This is true, that Olberman is Liberal is irrelevant

Moore told Olbermann he feared McCain would continue the wars that we are in and would start a new one with Iran. He defended Iran’s aggressive tactic with nuclear weapons by suggesting that if Iran invaded Mexico and Canada, as we had with Iraq and Afghanistan, even he and Olbermann would “build whatever we could do defend ourselves.”

Again factual, can you imagine if any country invaded both Mexico and Canada how we would react?

Bearcat2005
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM
So, a jerk?

The liberal part has nothing to do with it, I take it.

He is a jerk that just so happens to be liberal......I think thats what he meant lol

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 07:48 PM
He is a jerk that just so happens to be liberal......I think thats what he meant lol

I would buy that if his reputation didn't precede him.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Roy is one of the few completely non-partisan people in our country that also happens to hate Democrats and liberals :cuss:

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Roy is one of the few completely non-partisan people in our country that also happens to hate Democrats and liberals :cuss:

I vowed to stop calling him out on it as soon as he owns up. He has yet to do so.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 08:53 PM
I vowed to stop calling him out on it as soon as he owns up. He has yet to do so.

Ya know, I really don't know WTF you want out of me. I have told you everything you wish to know, if you had paid attention, you would know this since it is your goal to know me so well.

I've told you, I wasn't happy with my candidates this year. That I'm stuck with McCain unless I find another candidate that I approve of. My core principals are republican, I have told you that I have voted democrat before, but only in local and state elections. I have told you that I do not feel that Obama is the right choice for me in this election, stating my my principals and core beliefs in other threads learn towards McCains than Obama at this time , I've told you that I'm not caught up in this celebrity image the press and Hollywood is making of "THE ONE ". Again, I'm not happy about McCain, but it is what it is and again, based on the info I have of all the other candidates, McCain will most likely get my vote unless something changes between now and the election..... In Kentucky, McCain is going to win by a large margin, so my vote really don't mean jack shit this year, just another to a overall total that isn't going to change the outcome of this election.

I just find it funny that any republican, any independent voter that goes against the democratic opinion is either just a total dumbass and or a spin artist. If I, or someone points out that the dems are not perfect,That thye do in fact lie, stretch the truth as any other politician does, we should be cruciufied because of your intellectuality of the democratic party ? Fugg off with that..... where the hell are my rights to the 1st Amendment ?

Your high and mighty belief is only toppled by the politicians that feed your brain with the constant line of BS during election years.....

Truth be know if democrats weren't so fed up with Bush and Cheney that that turds in their collective ass's wouldn't be leaving them constipated so much . As I have mentioned time after time, politicians will do whatever it takes to please a majority and keep peace for re-elections. Keep the house, either democrat or republican, win the POTUS, rule the country instead of govern the country. It really is just that simple...... we see this shit every election, every day in the house, everyday in the WH.

Any other f***ki*g thing you wish to know ? Cause I'm off to bed, I've already stayed on here to freaking long.......

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Ya know, I really don't know WTF you want out of me. I have told you everything you wish to know, if you had paid attention, you would know this since it is your goal to know me so well.

I've told you, I wasn't happy with my candidates this year. That I'm stuck with McCain unless I find another candidate that I approve of. My core principals are republican, I have told you that I have voted democrat before, but only in local and state elections. I have told you that I do not feel that Obama is the right choice for me in this election, stating my my principals and core beliefs in other threads learn towards McCains than Obama at this time , I've told you that I'm not caught up in this celebrity image the press and Hollywood is making of "THE ONE ". Again, I'm not happy about McCain, but it is what it is and again, based on the info I have of all the other candidates, McCain will most likely get my vote unless something changes between now and the election..... In Kentucky, McCain is going to win by a large margin, so my vote really don't mean jack shit this year, just another to a overall total that isn't going to change the outcome of this election.

I just find it funny that any republican, any independent voter that goes against the democratic opinion is either just a total dumbass and or a spin artist. If I, or someone points out that the dems are not perfect,That thye do in fact lie, stretch the truth as any other politician does, we should be cruciufied because of your intellectuality of the democratic party ? Fugg off with that..... where the hell are my rights to the 1st Amendment ?

Your high and mighty belief is only toppled by the politicians that feed your brain with the constant line of BS during election years.....

Truth be know if democrats weren't so fed up with Bush and Cheney that that turds in their collective ass's wouldn't be leaving them constipated so much . As I have mentioned time after time, politicians will do whatever it takes to please a majority and keep peace for re-elections. Keep the house, either democrat or republican, win the POTUS, rule the country instead of govern the country. It really is just that simple...... we see this shit every election, every day in the house, everyday in the WH.

Any other f***ki*g thing you wish to know ? Cause I'm off to bed, I've already stayed on here to freaking long.......

ROFL

You still won't admit it.

99% of that post was partisan bullshit. I have agreed with Republicans in the past and continue to do so. As stated elsewhere, I'm an "everywhereist". I am not partisan, but I do call out partisan shit. Unfortunately, most of the partisan shit this year has been against Obama so it looks like people are defending him.

Please, just end it. Admit you are not independent. Admit you are conservative and state your view forthright.

LOL at the 1st Amendment Rights victim card.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 09:00 PM
ROFL

You still won't admit it.

99% of that post was partisan bullshit. I have agreed with Republicans in the past and continue to do so. As stated elsewhere, I'm an "everywhereist". I am not partisan, but I do call out partisan shit. Unfortunately, most of the partisan shit this year has been against Obama so it looks like people are defending him.

Please, just end it. Admit you are not independent. Admit you are conservative and state your view forthright.

LOL at the 1st Amendment Rights victim card.

ADMIT WHAT ? You have to mention WTF you wish to hear ? If in fact it is what I believe ?

Hurry up .... this shit is making me tired, took tooooooo damn long to type the last comment before this one. :D

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
ADMIT WHAT ? You have to mention WTF you wish to hear ? If in fact it is what I believe ?

Hurry up .... this shit is making me tired, took tooooooo damn long to type the last comment before this one. :D

That you aren't an objective independent like you keep claiming. That you are, in fact, a Republican and conservative.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
That you aren't an objective independent like you keep claiming. That you are, in fact, a Republican and conservative.

I do not recall ever saying I was an independent voter ? I have always been on the conservative side .....

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
I do not recall ever saying I was an independent voter ? I have always been on the conservative side .....

Well, let me amend since you have a difference in terminology than me. You aren't a swing voter.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, let me amend since you have a difference in terminology than me. You aren't a swing voter.

I say ........ Really ? What do you call the Clitonites that will not vote for Obama, that their vote is up for sale .

McCain chose Palin to swing those votes somehow .........

Dude, I'm flipped out, I can't stay awake, this shit has me on full tilt ....... Night .

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
I say ........ Really ? What do you call the Clitonites that will not vote for Obama, that their vote is up for sale .

McCain chose Palin to swing those votes somehow .........

Dude, I'm flipped out, I can't stay awake, this shit has me on full tilt ....... Night .

That's not really a swing vote in a political sense rather than a vagina sense.

Anyway, you aren't objective and non-partisan which was the second part of my request of admission.

Keep wiggling.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Allow me to make this thread worthwhile:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zA1hyqA6UTY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zA1hyqA6UTY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jAZ
09-01-2008, 02:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VHDd83b5byk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VHDd83b5byk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 02:51 AM
My video's funnier.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 02:52 AM
My video's funnier.

Your video is awesome.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2008, 05:20 AM
That you are, in fact, a Republican and conservative.I'm a conservative. NOT a Neo-Con. Not a republican.

Guru
09-01-2008, 05:32 AM
I'm a conservative. NOT a Neo-Con. Not a republican.
but, but, but... you can't be one without the other.:spock: I love how blind some of the idiots on the board can be.:doh!:

Bearcat2005
09-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I would buy that if his reputation didn't precede him.

Oh you must be referring to his record of being sensitive to victims of disasters...:rolleyes:

Like when he told Former Dem. NYC Mayor Ed Koch that he made to much of these terrorists deaths in response to his remarks at a memorial service for 9/11 victims the following year. Yea he is classy!

irishjayhawk
09-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm a conservative. NOT a Neo-Con. Not a republican.

And this applies to him how?

Cosmos
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
If this storm were to have interrupted the dem convention, some loon from the "religious right" would be celebrating in church today, praising God and his conservative wisdom.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Michael Moore : What a Liberal jerk ....... (http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080830000004.aspx)

can i get a mod to change this plz

(unproven)

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh you must be referring to his record of being sensitive to victims of disasters...:rolleyes:

Like when he told Former Dem. NYC Mayor Ed Koch that he made to much of these terrorists deaths in response to his remarks at a memorial service for 9/11 victims the following year. Yea he is classy!

I'm gonna have to ask for proof here or you need to add (unsubstantiated) next to your post

Thig Lyfe
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
If I recall correctly, that's what a lot of conservatives said after Katrina... something about punishing all those homos for their sins...

Except they were serious.