PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain finally decides to vet Palin

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 09:41 PM
From a guy who ran against her in the 2006 Republican gubernatorial primary (http://www.andrewhalcro.com/vetting_the_veep_post_announcement)

Vetting the Veep...post announcement

The campaign of John McCain has sent a staff of eight people into Alaska to conduct background checks and vetting on Governor Sarah Palin.

Word is they have have eight rooms reserved at a Wasilla hotel.What the ****?!

I mean, I guess picking a VP isn't a big deal or anything. Just throw a name out there and then go from there.

Zebedee DuBois
08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later?

That approach does appeal to some.

Cave Johnson
08-31-2008, 09:51 PM
We're getting dangerously close to Tom Eagleton territory.

I'll give this McCain, not vetting his VP pick is a pretty maverick move.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 09:52 PM
John McCain's cabinet will be the first family he runs into at Arby's.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 09:56 PM
If true, dumb f*****g move to select her to start with. What was he thinking ?

Maybe Irish will see this ? :eek:

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 09:58 PM

Just so we are clear, the REPUBLICAN state legislature hired a special prosecutor to look into this, because apparently the dog, in this case, will hunt.

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 09:58 PM

It's a start, but you still haven't admitted you aren't independent.

One item to the contrary (in a "no duh" stance, no less) does not wipe out the countless other posts that indicate your true allegiance.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe Irish will see this ? :eek:Is that a Notre Dame joke?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2hnceqb.jpg

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 10:03 PM
It's a start, but you still haven't admitted you aren't independent.

One item to the contrary (in a "no duh" stance, no less) does not wipe out the countless other posts that indicate your true allegiance.

Is this what you are after ? I do not recall ever saying I was an independent voter ?

I mentioned swing at one time, My vote can still be per swayed,just as many other Americans if things go bad between now and the election.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Is that a Notre Dame joke?

Nope ..........

irishjayhawk
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Is this what you are after ? I do not recall ever saying I was an independent voter ?

I mentioned swing at one time, My vote can still be per swayed,just as many other Americans if things go bad between now and the election.

A swing voter, you are not.

This is what I want you to admit. A swing voter is an independent. One who isn't on one side already.

ROYC75
08-31-2008, 10:06 PM

This is what I want you to admit. A swing voter is an independent. One who isn't on one side already.

Really ? What do you call the Clitonites that will not vote for Obama, that their vote is up for sale .

McCain chose Palin to swing those votes somehow .........

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm calling BS on this. The source is a blog who is speculating.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083002377_pf.html

Palin was being looked at by McCain's campaign since February.

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Seriously, why would anyone even believe this? Just take this story on faith without questioning it at all? You'd have to think McCain was some sort of drooling retard to buy the story on its face.

SBK
08-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Seriously, why would anyone even believe this? Just take this story on faith without questioning it at all? You'd have to think McCain was some sort of drooling retard to buy the story on its face.

Sarah Palins grandson!!!!

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:16 PM

Ya that too. Lots of hilarity flying around these days. There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to criticize Palin's selection rather than making goofy s**t up out of thin air.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 10:18 PM

Yeah, what kind of idiot would make somebody he had only met twice and hadn't met in person for four months his VP? That is completely unbelievable.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Well I heard it was Billy Kristol that picked her.
I hear he's the pundit that almost always gets it wrong too. We'll see.

I also heard Mac really wanted Leiberman but it was the conservative base that
wouldn't go for it. Hence Palin.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 10:24 PM

That can't be true. Bowing to the will of the conservative base doesn't sound particularly mavericky.

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, what kind of idiot would make somebody he had only met twice and hadn't met in person for four months his VP? That is completely unbelievable.

No, not particularly unbelievable at all. I doubt he has met many of his candidates or Obama met many of his non-Senate candidates much more than that. His campaign made all the necessary research including FBI checks, and apparently a careful analysis of her speeches and records of her activities.

Once you have that, it takes a couple meetings to figure out any political positions they have that you arent sure about. Beyond that, its socializing. Any further meetings would be fluff.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 10:27 PM
No, not particularly unbelievable at all. I doubt he has met many of his candidates or Obama met many of his non-Senate candidates much more than that. His campaign made all the necessary research including FBI checks, and apparently a careful analysis of her speeches and records of her activities.

Once you have that, it takes a couple meetings to figure out any political positions they have that you arent sure about. Beyond that, its socializing. Any further meetings would be fluff.

Yes, knowing the person you are picking to be one step away from the Presidency is really not necessary.

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, knowing the person you are picking to be one step away from the Presidency is really not necessary.

He does know every detail about her that matters. What else does he need? Whether she eats with her dinner fork and soup spoon according to proper social protocol?

Seriously, this is not rocket science. Her speeches and most of her political positions were publicly available, and he learned the rest. Again, I do not think Obama met his non-Senate candidates much beyond those interviews at the gym. They simply dont have the time to waste with extensive chit-chat and it is not necessary.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 10:31 PM
That can't be true. Bowing to the will of the conservative base doesn't sound particularly mavericky.

It's politics. He has to win too. Has nothing to do with being mavericky.
Besides she's a more independent Republican. She fought the corruption in her own party, even admired Ron Paul. * wiggles brow *

alnorth
08-31-2008, 10:32 PM

well, if you read the article I linked earlier, its pretty clear that you heard wrong. In retrospect its a lot more understandable, apparently McCain saw a younger version of himself in her life story, without that Vietnam mess. I now wouldnt be surprised if she was ahead of Lieberman in consideration.

Logical
08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
If there is any truth to this what do they do if there is a major problem in her past.

This would make the pick of Thomas Eagleton seem brilliant.:eek:

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 10:36 PM
well, if you read the article I linked earlier, its pretty clear that you heard wrong. In retrospect its a lot more natural, apparently McCain say a younger version of himself in her life story, without that Vietnam mess. I now wouldnt be surprised if she was ahead of Lieberman in consideration.

So McCain met her once in February and then after they had a phone conversation last week he decided they were "soulmates?" All that time she was at the top of McCain's short list? Get real.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 10:38 PM
well, if you read the article I linked earlier, its pretty clear that you heard wrong. In retrospect its a lot more understandable, apparently McCain saw a younger version of himself in her life story, without that Vietnam mess. I now wouldnt be surprised if she was ahead of Lieberman in consideration.

Where? In this thread?

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 10:39 PM

Why would this surprise you? You realize he had met her once before this week, right?

McCain made a mistake on a few levels, one being that now the next two months are going to be designated to vetting his VP candidate instead of portraying Obama the way he wanted.

wazu
08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Where does it say anywhere that she is being "vetted"? I would think there would be people sent just to gather and write her story with first-hand witnesses and find friends and family who are camera friendly for a video biography.

There is no way in hell that even McCain would have picked her without at least a basic vetting process having been conducted.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Well Bill Kristol predicted it and was promoting her 2 months ago.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSy8sNiH9-0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSy8sNiH9-0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

VAChief
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Where does it say anywhere that she is being "vetted"? I would think there would be people sent just to gather and write her story with first-hand witnesses and find friends and family who are camera friendly for a video biography.

There is no way in hell that even McCain would have picked her without at least a basic vetting process having been conducted.

You would think, time will tell I suppose.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Where does it say anywhere that she is being "vetted"?.

I don't know, the first sentence of the original post?

The campaign of John McCain has sent a staff of eight people into Alaska to conduct background checks and vetting on Governor Sarah Palin.

beer bacon
08-31-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.adn.com/politics/story/510249.html

ormer House Speaker Gail Phillips, a Republican political leader who has clashed with Palin in the past, was shocked when she heard the news Friday morning with her husband, Walt.

"I said to Walt, 'This can't be happening, because his advance team didn't come to Alaska to check her out," Phillips said.

Phillips has been active in the Ted Stevens re-election steering committee and remains in close touch with Sen. Lisa Murkowski and other party leaders, and she said nobody had heard anything about McCain's people doing research on his prospective running mate.

"We're not a very big state. People I talk to would have heard something."

Logical
08-31-2008, 10:53 PM

This is what I want you to admit. A swing voter is an independent. One who isn't on one side already.RoyC if this helps at all I am not even sure I qualify as a swing voter. I have voted Republican too often to make this claim.

HolmeZz
08-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Anyway, if there's any truth to this, I think it pretty much confirms the fact that McCain completely panicked after the Democratic Convention.

The intrade markets being as off as they were should've been a tell-tale sign.

Logical
08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
He does know every detail about her that matters. What else does he need? Whether she eats with her dinner fork and soup spoon according to proper social protocol?

Seriously, this is not rocket science. Her speeches and most of her political positions were publicly available, and he learned the rest. Again, I do not think Obama met his non-Senate candidates much beyond those interviews at the gym. They simply dont have the time to waste with extensive chit-chat and it is not necessary.I bet they thought the same thing about Eagleton.

alnorth
08-31-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.adn.com/politics/story/510249.html

ormer House Speaker Gail Phillips, a Republican political leader who has clashed with Palin in the past, was shocked when she heard the news Friday morning with her husband, Walt.

"I said to Walt, 'This can't be happening, because his advance team didn't come to Alaska to check her out," Phillips said.

Phillips has been active in the Ted Stevens re-election steering committee and remains in close touch with Sen. Lisa Murkowski and other party leaders, and she said nobody had heard anything about McCain's people doing research on his prospective running mate.

"We're not a very big state. People I talk to would have heard something."

Gail Phillips is a member of McCain's inner circle?

These freaking vetting processes by both campaigns were conducted in strict secrecy among a few knowledgeable people.

If you believe that blog in the OP from a random guy who lost to Sarah a while back and is sore about it, then you either want to believe it, or you are gullible enough to believe anything you see on the internet.

Seriously people, you can not possibly be this dumb.

VAChief
08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Gail Phillips is a member of McCain's inner circle?

These freaking vetting processes by both campaigns were conducted in strict secrecy among a few knowledgeable people.

If you believe that blog in the OP from a random guy who lost to Sarah a while back and is sore about it, then you either want to believe it, or you are gullible enough to believe anything you see on the internet.

Seriously people, you can not possibly be this dumb.

You are probably right, although I have to believe it would be a lot harder to go into Wasilla without being noticed than where most of the other contenders were located. I mean Ed Chigliak would probably spill his guts!

BucEyedPea
08-31-2008, 11:39 PM
You are probably right, although I have to believe it would be a lot harder to go into Wasilla without being noticed than where most of the other contenders were located. I mean Ed Chigliak would probably spill his guts!

They wore bear suits. No one recognized them.

wazu
08-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't know, the first sentence of the original post?

Wow. My bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2008, 11:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDwTFZ1UlaU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDwTFZ1UlaU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 12:01 AM
EAT EM UP
EAT EM UP
GRAB A SNACK
GRAB A SNACK

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 12:02 AM
EAT EM UP
EAT EM UP
GRAB A SNACK
GRAB A SNACK

It just occurred to me that McCain's attempt to unlock the Hillary voters was remarkably symmetrical to Henry's attempt to tear the lock and chain off the steel cage some years back.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 12:11 AM
It just occurred to me that McCain's attempt to unlock the Hillary voters was remarkably symmetrical to Henry's attempt to tear the lock and chain off the steel cage some years back."John McCain is basically a dumbass."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2m0bAWU4gKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2m0bAWU4gKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
AND SOME MIGHT SAY:

"Proof once again that the oil companies are running the Republican party? Naw... her husband working for BP has no signifigance...

I will give her credit for covering her tracks with new taxes on the oil companies. Great smokescreen. Plausible deniability when it comes to questions of "being in bed" with the oil companies. Nicely done. And it helps mute the critics who deride her support of ANWR drilling. It also distances her from the Murkowski debacle. Oh well, life goes on."

Okay, now discuss amongst yourselves...

jAZ
09-01-2008, 01:00 AM

Were he really a "maverick" instead of a tempermental, entitled, desperate, politically motivated hack...

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Governor Sarah Palin has clearly already been vetted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200808u/mccain-palin

What McCain Didn't Know About Sarah Palin

They've bragged that Palin opposed the famous "Bridge to Nowhere," only to learn that Palin supported the project and even told residents of Ketchikan that they weren't "nowhere" to her. After the national outcry, she decided to spend the funds allocated to the bridge for something else. Actually, maybe it's more fair to say that coincident with the national outcry, she changed her mind. The story shows her political judgment, but it is not a reformer's credential.

Likewise, though she cut taxes as mayor of Wassila, she raised the sales tax, making her hardly a tax cutter.

She denied pressuring the state's chief of public safety to fire her sister-in-law's husband even though there's mounting evidence that the impetus did indeed come from her. Ostensibly to clear her name, Palin asked her attorney general to open an independent investigation—the legislature had already been investigating. (I am told that the campaign was aware of the ethics complaint filed against her but accepts Palin's account.)

McCain's campaign seemed unaware that she supported a windfalls profits tax on oil companies and that she is more skeptical about human contributions to global warming than McCain is.

They did not know that she took trips as the mayor of Wasilla to beg for earmarks.

They did not know that she told a television interviewer this summer that she did not fully understand what it is that a vice president does.

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Really ? What do you call the Clitonites that will not vote for Obama, that their vote is up for sale .

McCain chose Palin to swing those votes somehow .........

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh...

I gotta hand it to ya, Roy.

You are ****ing comedy gold.

Logical
09-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh...

I gotta hand it to ya, Roy.

You are ****ing comedy gold.You did not think that Roy III got all that without some genetic windfall.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 02:34 AM
They've bragged that Palin opposed the famous "Bridge to Nowhere," only to learn that Palin supported the project and even told residents of Ketchikan that they weren't "nowhere" to her. After the national outcry, she decided to spend the funds allocated to the bridge for something else. Actually, maybe it's more fair to say that coincident with the national outcry, she changed her mind. The story shows her political judgment, but it is not a reformer's credential.
Actually it's even worse than that.

http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/511471.html

The Alaska governor campaigned in 2006 on a build-the-bridge platform, telling Ketchikan residents she felt their pain when politicians called them "nowhere." They're still feeling pain today in Ketchikan, over Palin's subsequent decision to use the bridge funds for other projects -- and over the timing of her announcement, which they say came in a pre-dawn press release that seemed aimed at national news deadlines.
"I think that's when the campaign for national office began," said Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Weinstein noted, the state is continuing to build a road on Gravina Island to an empty beach where the bridge would have gone -- because federal money for the access road, unlike the bridge money, would have otherwise been returned to the federal government.

So rather than return the money and oppose the wasteful spending itself, she plundered the money for unintended purposes and then rather than return the money she built a road to an empty beach.

That's Maverick with a capital "Spend"!

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/01/palin_was_a_director_of_embatt.html

Even if they DID vet this woman, they did one hell of a subpar job.

Palin Was a Director of Embattled Sen. Stevens's 527 Group
By Matthew Mosk

ST. PAUL -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin began building clout in her state's political circles in part by serving as a director of an independent political group organized by the now embattled Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens.

Palin's name is listed on 2003 incorporation papers of the "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc.," a 527 group that could raise unlimited funds from corporate donors. The group was designed to serve as a political boot camp for Republican women in the state. She served as one of three directors until June 2005, when her name was replaced on state filings.

Palin's relationship with Alaska's senior senator may be one of the more complicated aspects of her new position as Sen. John McCain's running mate; Stevens was indicted in July 2008 on seven counts of corruption.

Palin, an anti-corruption crusader in Alaska, had called on Stevens to be open about the issues behind the investigation. But she also held a joint news conference with him in July, before he was indicted, to make clear she had not abandoned him politically.

Stevens had been helpful to Palin during her run for governor, swooping in with a last moment endorsement. And the two filmed a campaign commercial together to highlight Stevens's endorsement of Palin during the 2006 race.

Shortly after Palin was announced as McCain's vice presidential pick, the ad was removed from her gubernatorial campaign web site. It remains available on YouTube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nTX-oJUCaU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nTX-oJUCaU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I think it is obvious now they didn't vet her.

In an interview she gave a month ago they asked her if she was being vetted and she said not to her knowledge and she hadn't submitted any financial data or personal documents.

Now she could have been lying but I am not so sure now

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM

How much to I wish the words 'drooling retard' and this reference weren't so close together?

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 01:12 PM
How much to I wish the words 'drooling retard' and this reference weren't so close together?For some reason, I can't bring myself to use the "sad downs" emoticon here.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 01:25 PM
So, John McCain's campaign say they have known about Bristol's pregnancy for a while, but Palin's press secretary did not know about it as of Saturday:

http://www.adn.com/1536/story/512560.html

The Daily News had asked Palin's governor-office press secretary, Bill McAllister, on Saturday if Bristol was pregnant.

"I don't know. I have no evidence that Bristol's pregnant," he said. He said this morning that he heard the news today like everyone else.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 01:39 PM
It appears that McCain's people never contacted Walter Monegan, the guy fired in the ongoing Troopergate investigation.

http://www.adn.com/politics/story/510080.html

No one from the McCain campaign ever contacted him to vet Palin as a candidate, Monegan said.

------------------------------

You would think this would be a basic part of vetting a potential VP candidate.

whoman69
09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Is that a Notre Dame joke?

It wasn't but it fits, doesn't it.

penchief
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later?

That approach does appeal to some.

That's been the Bush approach for eight years. It might as well be McCain's, too.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone. Now YOU can help vet Sarah Palin:

http://content.vetpalin.com/index.html

Guru
09-01-2008, 05:32 PM
The term that really sounds bad to me is how everyone in the media and talk shows refer to it as "tapping" the VP.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
The term that really sounds bad to me is how everyone in the media and talk shows refer to it as "tapping" the VP.

CNN asks, "Who in the McCain campaign decided to tap former beauty queen turned Alaska governor Sarah Palin?"

Guru
09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
CNN asks, "Who in the McCain campaign decided to tap former beauty queen turned Alaska governor Sarah Palin?"

Exactly. Didn't Palin even say it once? I'm so glad I was tapped, or something like that?

Mr. Laz
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
:eek:

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Exactly. Didn't Palin even say it once? I'm so glad I was tapped, or something like that?

I think Big Daddy said he has a video of her saying that very thing saved on his hard drive.

penchief
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I think it is obvious now they didn't vet her.

In an interview she gave a month ago they asked her if she was being vetted and she said not to her knowledge and she hadn't submitted any financial data or personal documents.

Now she could have been lying but I am not so sure now

I think all signs indicate that the Palin pick was a last minute reaction to the democratic convention.

As soon as the pick was made both Romney and Pawlenty were pissed off because they both felt they had been misled.

McCain made the pick after meeting with her only twice. And now we are finding out that Palin was not vetted with the diligence that one would expect.

And if you recall, rumor was for three days before the democratic convention had ended that McCain had made his decision, which he did not deny.

Only after the democratic convention had ended did McCain change the story and say that he did not make his decision yet. Which if that were the case, it seems bizarre that he would have let the other story float for three days without refuting it.

IMHO, all of this points to the likelihood that McCain changed his mind at the last minute and went with Palin in order to change the dynamic after the success of the democratic convention.

Friendo
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I think all signs indicate that the Palin pick was a last minute reaction to the democratic convention.

As soon as the pick was made both Romney and Pawlenty were pissed off because they both felt they had been misled.

McCain made the pick after meeting with her only twice. And now we are finding out that Palin was not vetted with the diligence that one would expect.

And if you recall, rumor was for three days before the democratic convention had ended that McCain had made his decision, which he did not deny.

Only after the democratic convention had ended did McCain change the story and say that he did not make his decision yet. Which if that were the case, it seems bizarre that he would have let the other story float for three days without refuting it.

IMHO, all of this points to the likelihood that McCain changed his mind at the last minute and went with Palin in order to change the dynamic after the success of the democratic convention.

it's too f***ing bizarre to try to nail at this point, but the story will out. damn--this has been an interesting few days, with more to come. if the goal was to get some press, "mission accomplished".

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Exactly. Didn't Palin even say it once? I'm so glad I was tapped, or something like that?Prude.

Logical
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Whether this is true or not, does not matter one bit. The facts to me say she was a bad candidate with a poor history on issues of national importance. Maybe all the RRWNJs will love her but that is not qualifications to be a VP.

Uncle_Ted
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
But she has "command" experience as commander of the Alaska National Guard!!!

She has foreign policy experience because Alaska is close to Russia!!!

That obviously trumps Obama's service on the Senate Committees on Foreign Relations, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Whether this is true or not, does not matter one bit. The facts to me say she was a bad candidate with a poor history on issues of national importance. Maybe all the RRWNJs will love her but that is not qualifications to be a VP.

I've said it numerous times. It doesn't matter if they would have picked Che Guevara, Lenin, Pinochet, Noriega, or f*cking Charles Taylor, the Republicans will come out and vote for them because of the letter between the ()

Smed1065
09-02-2008, 03:07 AM
They wore bear suits. No one recognized them.

http://scosoft.com/h/y/223f886f.gif