PDA

View Full Version : Elections The real story on Palin's pregnancy scandal?

jAZ
09-01-2008, 04:05 AM
(I started a new thread on this because I think the other one is bogus.)

Apparently Palin's 16 year old daugher Bristol is pregnant.

http://i35.tinypic.com/117egpk.jpg

And here's the story (take it for what it's worth... it's in a comment on a blog)...

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/off-to-the-land-of-palin/#comments

Sue Williams (12:31:50) :

To the person who commented on Sarah’s hair - no, it’s what happens when one has hair extensions - which Sarah, at one time, don’t know about now, had.

Re: babygate - I don’t know what’s being reported. Here, however, is the truth. Trig is Sarah and Todd’s baby.

When Sarah first learned she was pregnant, it was shocking and overwhelming. While she and Todd had not planned to have anymore children, it is common knowledge among their family and friends that neither of them ever surgically insured that they wouldn’t have any “late in life” surprises/blessings.

This, to me, showed a disturbing lack of judgement. If you want to ask the citizens of a state to let you run the state for four years, to me she and Todd should have thought ahead and determined that the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy wouldn’t have been prudent for either the child, their family, their extended family (who are the ones who end up helping them raise their current four children) or the citizens of the state.

They either didn’t think this through, or didn’t care. Not sure. But, either way, to me and to others, it was a lack of foresight and judgement.

But it is the same vein - this lack of judgement - Sarah showed, on the campaign trail for governor, when asked who would raise her children should she win, she promptly stated that Todd would quit his job and stay at home with the kids (Todd works a “Slope” week on/week off schedule).

Sarah was elected and then - whoops. Todd didn’t like the stay at home gig - so Sarah, citing they needed money for the kid’s college (even though Track enlisted in the military) said Todd was returning to work. When asked about her statements on the campaign trail about how Todd would quit his job, Sarah said she’d actually never talked to him about what they would do if she was elected (in terms of his employment) and that she’d spoken out of turn when she spoke for him stating he’d quit his job.

Again, call me picky, but this is the kind of bizarre judgement Sarah routinely displays. Are you kidding me that she would run for governor and she and her husband would somehow not think to have a conversation about what to do with their four school aged kids? That’s insane. So, either her judgement is super goofy, or she wasn’t telling the truth. Either way, it’s not reassuring to now think this is someone who would be one 72 year old heartbeat away from having to call shots for the country/world.

So Todd trots himself back to work and Sarah is busy traipsing around the state and the nation. The kids are “farmed out” (this is the word used by thier associates in “the Valley”) to family and friends to raise while Todd and Sarah are off having their respective careers (Sarah is famously quoted as saying, “My mom does whatever I need her to”).

During this period is when Bristol, Sarah’s sixteen year old daughter, turns up pregnant. So, it’s kind of interesting to note that the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee and her sixteen year old junior in high school unwed daughter were carrying babies at the same time. Once Bristol’s condition became more obvious this summer, she was whisked out of sight and hasn’t been seen in public until yesterday in Ohio. This is why Trig’s blanket was strung across her entire abdomen and torso, but, when she walked down the stairs from the stage, in a profile shot, it was very clear to see she is well into her third trimester of her pregnancy.

It has come out in the past couple of days that she and her high school boyfriend had a quickie wedding and that she is home schooling her senior year.

The Anchorage Daily News has known about this for months - and haven’t touched the story. But I can’t imagine the national press or the Democratic Party will be as willing to turn a blind eye.

For me, once again it speaks to judgement. We all - every single one of us - even Sarah’s closest friends in the Valley (I know, I’ve been speaking to them) know she is in no way qualified for this position. At all.

But then, why would she accept the nomination, knowing that Bristol’s situation will come to light and knowing her hunger for national and international acclaim and attention will carry with it a mighty high price for her seventeen year old daughter who had absent parents last year and who turned up pregnant.

How embarrassing will it be for Bristol once the news (or the baby) comes out and not just the Valley, not just Alaska, not just the USA - but Bristol will be known the world over as the seventeen year old unwed - then quickly wed senior-in-high-school-homeschooled-teenage mom and daughter to the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee?

How hard will that degree of scrutiny and shame be?

How does one do that to one’s daughter?

How does one dash about the country for the next 66 days trying to pull off an image of the devoted mother of five when she, by and large, isn’t the one raising them and when one of them - her daughter, is in a truly vulnerable point in life; not to say anything about the needs of Trig. But maybe he doesn’t count, except as a talking point or a photo prop. But this is a person, a little boy who is going to require a tremendous amount of time and attention. From his mother.

This is okay?

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 04:09 AM
aww here it goes

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vAx4Go-frrE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vAx4Go-frrE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guru
09-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Oh, cool, the stereotypical women belong at home rant.

Friendo
09-01-2008, 05:32 AM
I stated this a couple of times yesterday based on the observation of a couple of ladies conversation I witnessed on Sat night at dinner. The subject of Bristol hadn't even been raised at that point. EXCELLENT post jAZ! :clap:

it speaks to judgment...... on many levels!

StcChief
09-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Sarah and Todd Palin beliefs about contraception really is no one's business.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 06:54 AM
DAAAAAAAAMN

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5232/capt529a19dfc6774f30811bx4.jpg

memyselfI
09-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I hope all of you focusing obsessively on this young woman's uterus experience teenage daughter sexuality and it's implications and then you might realize how truly disgusting this is.

It is no one's business and the attempt to make this young woman a political issue is dispicable.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
It is no one's business and the attempt to make this young woman a political issue is dispicable.**** you for making me agree with you. God damnit.

Welp, guess I'll go kill myself.

memyselfI
09-01-2008, 07:20 AM
**** you for making me agree with you. God damnit.

Welp, guess I'll go kill myself.

What is dispicable about this is it's MEN gossiping about the uterus of a teenage girl...

good Lord, they must have better things to do with their time but apparantly not.

tiptap
09-01-2008, 07:48 AM
The question is to what extent will the personal religious beliefs of the VP candidate be demonstrated in the policies of the coming administration. Especially if she where to become President. That is the legitimate question that is raised by her personal story involving her family. We know the extent she will maintain her beliefs in her own family. We know she is on record for right to life for unborn fetuses, right up to conception and we know she doesn't believe in contraception for anyone in her family. It is a legitimate question to ask.

Friendo
09-01-2008, 07:57 AM
The question is to what extent will the personal religious beliefs of the VP candidate be demonstrated in the policies of the coming administration. Especially if she where to become President. That is the legitimate question that is raised by her personal story involving her family. We know the extent she will maintain her beliefs in her own family. We know she is on record for right to life for unborn fetuses, right up to conception and we know she doesn't believe in contraception for anyone in her family. It is a legitimate question to ask.

I disagree--I think the relevant point was does she, and would she show good judgment on other issues, within the context of this personal and political issue. And that IS a legitimate point to raise, especially in view of the current Adm.

Carlota69
09-01-2008, 08:05 AM

Anybody's beliefs about contraception is no one's business. Unfrotunately, people like Mrs. Palin want to make it their business.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey if no one could use contraception we'd all just have to go to anal sex.....her daughter should try that.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 08:09 AM
The question is to what extent will the personal religious beliefs of the VP candidate be demonstrated in the policies of the coming administration. Especially if she where to become President. That is the legitimate question that is raised by her personal story involving her family. We know the extent she will maintain her beliefs in her own family. We know she is on record for right to life for unborn human that is alive, right up to conception and we know she doesn't believe in contraception for anyone in her family. It is a legitimate question to ask.

FYP

It would probably have little effect as she won't appoint judges as a VP. If she did appoint judges that believed in a strict construction it would go to the states. There are no powers for the Fed govt regarding contraception either. What's with the scare tactics here?

Learn your Constitution. It is not under our interpretation of the Constitution this is an issue, it's under your interpretation of the Constitution it's an issue...since your version federalizes nearly everything, especially through activists seeking cases when State laws don't give you what you want. ( Roe v Wade)

Any issues that touch on govt funds for abortion are about the only thing that would get affected directly. Most people don't have a problem with that.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Anybody's beliefs about contraception is no one's business. Unfrotunately, people like Mrs. Palin want to make it their business.

I don't know a whole lot about her yet. But if you could find something where she advocated for any state action on contraception I'd like to know. As far as I know the SC struck that down. I think it was a Connecticut case.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey if no one could use contraception we'd all just have to go to anal sex.....her daughter should try that.

You sure are fascinated by anal sex.

Anyway back to the story...honestly this doesn't look good for Palin and I am curious what the evangils will think about her now since they don't believe in pre-martial sex.

I am also wondering how long will it be until she is removed from the ticket?

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 08:16 AM

Anyway back to the story...honestly this doesn't look good for Palin and I am curious what the evangils will think about her now since they don't believe in pre-martial sex.

Dan Quale wasn't removed.

Christian people are also forgiving if a teen got pregnant from pre-marital sex.
They may rail about it before the act, as it is not ideal for mother or child. But if someone err'd they don't exactly put them out on the street or lynch them emotionally. That's not Christian. They help them. I've personally witnessed it with one family. And they have homes for unwed mothers funded by charity to assist them. You have a misconception of what they're like if they are against such things. They try to get less people to make the same mistake.

As far as it not looking good for Palin, that is from a liberal pov. Not everyone is going to see it the same way because not everybody is a liberal.
Liberals will always see someone like this in a different light simply because it's not their values.

How can you fall for this after some of things said about Obama?
You fell for the same stuff on Paul too.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:20 AM

Christian people are also forgiving if a teen got pregnant from pre-marital sex.
They may rail about it before the act, as it is not ideal for mother or child. But if someone err'd they don't exactly put them out on the street or lynch them emotionally. That's not Christian. They help them. I've personally witnessed it with one family. And they have homes for unwed mothers funded by charity to assist them. You have a misconception of what they're like if they are against such things. They try to get less people to make the same mistake.

The difference being Quayle was vetted she wasn't. People up in Alaska are stating until the dem operatives showed up no one showed up looking for information. This was a desperate last second decision by McCain and it really shows his lack of judgment.

You are right I do have a misconception of them because I think a majority of them are hypocrites. They talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 08:23 AM

How do you think I'm 27 without any kids!

Direckshun
09-01-2008, 08:25 AM

I'm pretty sure the religious right will turn a blind eye to this development.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:26 AM
How do you think I'm 27 without any kids!

Gay?

:)

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 08:28 AM
The difference being Quayle was vetted she wasn't. People up in Alaska are stating until the dem operatives showed up no one showed up looking for information. This was a desperate last second decision by McCain and it really shows his lack of judgment.
You do not have proof of this. "People" is a generality. Who? They may not have any personal knowledge of who did what. I posted a 2 month ago YouTube of Bill Kristol on tv promoting Palin as being the most likely pic. Lastly, it is your speculation, and pure opinion ( or someone else's your picking up) that it was a desperate move by McCain. No one knows all the facts. Most of that is pure speculation and conjecture.

You are right I do have a misconception of them because I think a majority of them are hypocrites. They talk out of both sides of their mouth.
Everyone's a hypocrite because no one is 100 % consistent and we all have biases.

Guru
09-01-2008, 08:31 AM

No matter how perfect we try to be as parents (impossible), kids are going to make stupid decisions in life. Some are more boneheaded than others but that is life. They have to deal with it and make the best of the situation.

To say she should be removed from the ticket because her teenage daughter made a huge error in judgement, the same error tons of other teenagers make, thats just dumb.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Gay?

Good thing I know you're joking...

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:38 AM
You do not have proof of this. "People" is a generality. Who? They may not have any personal knowledge of who did what. I posted a 2 month ago YouTube of Bill Kristol on tv promoting Palin as being the most likely pic. Lastly, it is your speculation, and pure opinion ( or someone else's your picking up) that it was a desperate move by McCain. No one knows all the facts. Most of that is pure speculation and conjecture.

Everyone's a hypocrite because no one is 100 % consistent and we all have biases.

Here you go BEP. Also add to that he only talked to her and her people twice. The first time was 6 months ago and the other time when he called to ask her to run.

The McCain campaign has gone to great lengths to present the selection of Sarah Palin as one made after a careful, meticulous vetting process. But evidence continues to suggest that the Arizona Republican made his VP choice with surprising haste.
On Saturday, a Democrat tasked with opposition research contacted the Huffington Post with this piece of information: as of this weekend, the McCain campaign had not gone through old newspaper articles from the Valley Frontiersman, Palin's hometown newspaper.
How does he know? The paper's (massive) archives are not online. And when he went to research past content, he was told he was the first to inquire.
"No one else had requested access before," said the source. "It's unbelievable. We were the only people to do that, which means the McCain camp didn't."

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
No matter how perfect we try to be as parents (impossible), kids are going to make stupid decisions in life. Some are more boneheaded than others but that is life. They have to deal with it and make the best of the situation.

To say she should be removed from the ticket because her teenage daughter made a huge error in judgement, the same error tons of other teenagers make, thats just dumb.

I agree Guru but this is national politics and they are held fairly or unfairly to a different and higher standard.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Good thing I know you're joking...

Why because you make me bend over for the soap?

Guru
09-01-2008, 08:46 AM
I agree Guru but this is national politics and they are held fairly or unfairly to a different and higher standard.
But not their kids.

Mecca
09-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Why because you make me bend over for the soap?

Ok now you are creeping me out.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
But not their kids.

It will not be about her kids it will be about her parenting skills.

Guru
09-01-2008, 08:50 AM
It will not be about her kids it will be about her parenting skills.
Which would make a large majority of voters hypocrites.

BigCatDaddy
09-01-2008, 08:53 AM

I love it. Dems call all mothers of children that have a child out of wedlock, unfit. Go for it!

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 08:54 AM

Like I said before Guru people that are running for national office are held to a higher standard. Whether you think that is fair or unfair doesn't matter that is the way it is.

Guru
09-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Like I said before Guru people that are running for national office are held to a higher standard. Whether you think that is fair or unfair doesn't matter that is the way it is.
Just saying that people need to take a long hard look in the mirror before they publicly air their opinions on others.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Just saying that people need to take a long hard look in the mirror before they publicly air their opinions on others.

LMAO Good luck with that.

People on this board and across the country have said some pretty hateful and racist things about Obama but that is ok to the people on the right.

Yet when people start questioning Palin they all get up in arms and defensive.

Us Obama supporters have been fighting the smears from the right for over a year.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
:deevee:LMAO Good luck with that.

People on this board and across the country have said some pretty hateful and racist things about Obama but that is ok to the people on the right.

Us Obama supporters have been fighting the smears from the right for over a year.:rolleyes:

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
:deevee::rolleyes:

Are you saying people haven't said racist and hateful things about Obama?

Is that ok in your book?

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Incidentally, there’s a balanced position that all of America’s presidential candidates could take on the controversial abortion issue. If they want votes they shouldn’t campaign to make abortion illegal or legal. They should campaign to make it retroactive. If a kid reaches 25 and he or she is still jobless, feckless, and sitting around Starbucks acting like a — no offense — European, then whack.

— P. J. O’Rourke

jAZ
09-01-2008, 09:14 AM
...MEN gossiping about the uterus of a teenage girl...
Is that an area that's subject that is important to you?

jAZ
09-01-2008, 09:15 AM
What is dispicable about this is it's MEN gossiping about the uterus of a teenage girl...

Is that a boy named Sue?

Guru
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
LMAO Good luck with that.

Us Obama supporters have been fighting the smears from the right for over a year.
Lead by example then. Niether side is right. The only way to change it is to not do it.

irishjayhawk
09-01-2008, 09:20 AM

good Lord, they must have better things to do with their time but apparantly not.

Then I guess no one should question Palin's wanting to overturn Roe v Wade and force herself onto the uteruses of other girls....

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 09:20 AM
So I understand this completely, minutes after f@cking the dog on the 'she's the granny, not the mammy' scoop, the tact is to kick 'teh stoopid' up a notch with 'well the teen was still preggers, trust us, we talked to people from her hometown.'

jAZ
09-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Then I guess no one should question Palin's wanting to overturn Roe v Wade and force herself onto the uteruses of other girls....

Or even further, John McCain wanting to overrun Roe v Wade and force HIMSELF onto the uteruses of teenage girls...

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
So I understand this completely, minutes after f@cking the dog on the 'she's the granny, not the mammy' scoop, the tact is to kick 'teh stoopid' up a notch with 'well the teen was still preggers, trust us, we talked to people from her hometown.'

The moonbats are doing what they do best: Dumpster diving at the toilet store.

When your own candidate is toast, what else can you do?

ROFL

jAZ
09-01-2008, 09:33 AM
As far as my posts are concerned, you are so wrong as to be easily confused with a complete idiot.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Stay classy, Alaska.

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
As far as my posts are concerned, you are so wrong as to be easily confused with a complete idiot.

Dude, give up.

You're scared of Palin- you don't know how to react....she's pulled together the conservative base and in the following 18 hours after she was selected McCain raised over $7-million....

She's wiped any bounce hussien and his "speech of a generation" got from the convention....

that's a bad sign for you.....barely 48 hours removed from what everyone was hailing as a monumental event and the "bounce" received by B.O. is not even outside the margin of error.

McCain's not even done exhausting political milage out his VP, and B.O. is stuck with Mr. bad hair plugs, Joe Biden.

ROFL

RINGLEADER
09-01-2008, 09:43 AM
If certain mods hadn't turned off my ability to post a new thread (you wussies) I would have already made the obligatory "Is Obama Circumsized?" thread for Denise.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Dude, give up.

You're scared of Palin- you don't know how to react....she's pulled together the conservative base and in the following 18 hours after she was selected McCain raised over $7-million....

She's wiped any bounce hussien and his "speech of a generation" got from the convention....

that's a bad sign for you.....barely 48 hours removed from what everyone was hailing as a monumental event and the "bounce" received by B.O. is not even outside the margin of error.

McCain's not even done exhausting political milage out his VP, and B.O. is stuck with Mr. bad hair plugs, Joe Biden.

ROFL
Do you pay any attention around here or do you just spout off your baseless crap?

Serious question.

Because I've said from the beginning that I completely agree that this pick could be politically helpful for McCain.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 09:54 AM

Seems like a 'complete idiot' would be the type who continues to describe something that's been thoroughly debunked as a 'scandal,' and responds to the debunking, not with apology, but with 'the real story' which is more unsubstantiated rumination.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
But not their kids.You mean like Chelsea Clinton?

On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Seems like a 'complete idiot' would be the type who continues to describe something that's been thoroughly debunked as a 'scandal,' and responds to the debunking, not with apology, but with 'the real story' which is more unsubstantiated rumination.
Why would I apologize? And to whom? What for exactly?

You are clearly talking about someone else.

I'm the person who conclusively debunked the BS in that other thread by posting the seemingly definitive evidence that she was pregnant. That after refusing to engage in that thread save for a single tangential post about Fox News' smears on Obama.

I'm the person who called for the mods to close the thread by by posting my opinion in the post with the photo and reporting that post to the mods.

And as you can see the phrase "Palin's pregnancy scandal" is obviously a reference to Bristol's apparent teen-preganancy issue, and while that might be a "rumination" by Sue it's clearly equally "conclusively" substantiated by the 2nd photo I posted, this time showing the teen Palin visibly pregnant.

So what I'm saying is that not only am I in the clear, but you've doubled down on posts leading to a judgment of idiot.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh SNAP!

Did I just hear on Fox News that she IS pregnant!?

ROFL

Tip of the hat to jAZ for this one. CLASSIC!

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
It appears Jaz is vindicated. Good one Jaz.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2944356420080901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Mr. Laz
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
can i get this thread title edited to include (unproven) (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190243)

banyon
09-01-2008, 10:29 AM
can i get this thread title edited to include (unproven) (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190243)

Maybe they should all be labeled "proven" or "unproven" depending on if the moderator approves or not.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 10:29 AM

you could quickly get an additional 1000 posts just using that statement for almost every thread in this forum

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2944356420080901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

It's not vindication, when an anonymous passive voiced allegation turns out correct. It is the [i]confirmation that should've been secured in the first place.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 10:35 AM
It's not vindication, when an anonymous passive voiced allegation turns out correct. It is the [i]confirmation that should've been secured in the first place.

It's not vindication because I said in the orginal post "(take it for what it's worth... it's in a comment on a blog)...".

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
It's not vindication, when an anonymous passive voiced allegation turns out correct. It is the [I]confirmation that should've been secured in the first place.

Since he was the one on the other thread that suggested it be locked and reported it to a mod about being inaccurate and then posted the real story it seems to me he got it right.

Disagree?

RINGLEADER
09-01-2008, 10:39 AM

I love politics.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Since he was the one on the other thread that suggested it be locked and reported it to a mod about being inaccurate and then posted the real story it seems to me he got it right.

Disagree?

Even jAZ agrees it's not vindication.

Vindication was like when bigsexy observed firsthand that Sims was shit, and was later proven right in his assessment. If bigsexy had posted an anonymous source that said 'it's coming to light that Sims is shit' he's not vindicated by subsequent events, his source is confirmed.

banyon
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
wait, mememe said it was illegal (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4966279&postcount=341)for the Palins to disclose this about their daughter.

Also, in some states it is ILLEGAL to reveal medical information on minors without the parents and/or child's consent. That means that legally Sarah Palin may not be able to admit the paternity of her daughter's child without her consent.

I fully expect mememe to call for her to be vigorously prosecuted for this violation of the mythical law.

penchief
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM

Unless she plans on including those beliefs in a political/religious agenda that republicans intend to push on everyone else in the same manner that has been have done for the last eight years.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM

Vindication was like when bigsexy observed firsthand that Sims was shit, and was later proven right in his assessment. If bigsexy had posted an anonymous source that said 'it's coming to light that Sims is shit' he's not vindicated by subsequent events, his source is confirmed.

Ok that makes sense. My bad.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Unless she plans on including those beliefs in a political/religious agenda that republicans intend to push on everyone else in the same manner that has been have done for the last eight years.

Wanna post her ambitions on contraception legislation?

wazu
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Wow. Not sure if this changes anything, but at the very least this is going to be a big human interest storyline. It's looking more and more like Sarah Palin's life is going to dominate the final two months of this election. I'm guessing the McCain camp is comfortable with that.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Holy shit.

banyon
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Wanna post her ambitions on contraception legislation?

Why not just baselessly extrapolate them like people on the right do with Obama's tax policy?

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow. Not sure if this changes anything, but at the very least this is going to be a big human interest storyline. It's looking more and more like Sarah Palin's life is going to dominate the final two months of this election. I'm guessing the McCain camp is comfortable with that.

I didn't know until now that Palin vehemently supports abstinence only education and not sex-education. LMAO

Maybe she should have taught her daughter the reality instead of the mythical.

ChiefaRoo
09-01-2008, 10:53 AM

Not really. I doubt Palin's views are much different than Bush's. Bush has publicaly said abortion is the settled law of the land and should be safe, legal and rare. I doubt as VP or even later if she became President Palin would do anything different than Bush has done the past 8 years.

wazu
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I didn't know until now that Palin vehemently supports abstinence only education and not sex-education. LMAO

Maybe she should have taught her daughter the reality instead of the mythical.

There is your attack line Democrats. Please, please blast away with both barrels.

Guru
09-01-2008, 10:56 AM
You mean like Chelsea Clinton?
Chelsea was great while the Clintons were in the WH. She still is. Considering how bad that family got, she turned out great. I didn't say all kids were screwed up.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Really? Do you think that man is willing to exploit the uterus of a teen age girl for political benefit?

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Chelsea was great while the Clintons were in the WH. She still is. Considering how bad that family got, she turned out great. I didn't say all kids were screwed up.You said kids didn't deserve to be dragged into this. Rush Limbaugh and other conservative personalities mocked her mercilessly for the duration of her family's time in the White House and then some.

It's looking more and more like Sarah Palin's life is going to dominate the final two months of this electionI strongly doubt it.

penchief
09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I love it. Dems call all mothers of children that have a child out of wedlock, unfit. Go for it!

Nobody's doing that. The problem is that right wing fundamentalists and the republican party are always touting their moral superiority. They are responsible for the insanely high personal standards that candidates have to meet because they always resort to personal character attacks to win elections. They ultimately set themselves up as hypocrites because it is nearly impossible to be perfect.

I have always detested the politics of personal destruction. I have always argued that there is no place for this kind of stuff. But I certainly don't feel any sympathy for a republican party that has perpetuated the environment that may now be blowing back on them. If you live by the sword you can die by the sword. And payback can be a bitch.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Your behavior in this thread vindicates my position that you are posting like an idiot.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
There is your attack line Democrats. Please, please blast away with both barrels.

I just find it funny and ironic at the same time.

I think teaching kids abstinence only is noble but not realistic.

I bet all of us here had sex when we were teenagers. That was the best part of being a teenager. :D

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Your behavior in this thread vindicates my position that you are posting like an idiot.

proof?

Guru
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
You said kids didn't deserve to be dragged into this. Rush Limbaugh and other conservative personalities mocked her mercilessly for the duration of her family's time in the White House and then some.
Well I didn't start tuning in to Rush until 2004 so I don't know anything about that. I have a hard time believing he was poking fun at Chelsea as much as he was probably poking fun at Hillary and Bill. Or even the media.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM

I bet all of us here had sex when we were teenagers. That was the best part of being a teenager. :D

yeah, but I used a condom

penchief
The moonbats are doing what they do best: Dumpster diving at the toilet store.

When your own candidate is toast, what else can you do?

ROFL

Republicans have done more to foster this environment over the last 30 years than anyone. Shall we review?

Baby Lee
You said kids didn't deserve to be dragged into this. Rush Limbaugh and other conservative personalities mocked her mercilessly for the duration of her family's time in the White House and then some.

I strongly doubt it.

Heh, I KNEW that one second visual from 15 years would be conflated into a vast and unrelenting campaign.

J Diddy
Well I didn't start tuning in to Rush until 2004 so I don't know anything about that. I have a hard time believing he was poking fun at Chelsea as much as he was probably poking fun at Hillary and Bill. Or even the media.

yep I make fun of my wife and myself all the time by telling my kids he's ugly

its funny

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Heh, I KNEW that one second visual from 15 years would be conflated into a vast and unrelenting campaign.

Nah I don't blame Rush, he was probably on a bunch of pills

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Nah I don't blame Rush, he was probably on a bunch of pills

Man, all we've heard from every inch of bandwidth of hate radio for 20 years straight is an incessant, unrelenting, no-holds-barred personal attack on Chelsea Clinton, so this little payback is well deserved.
Want proof? I have this one lame ass joke from 1993!!! I've been feasting on it for years. It's sustained me like the precious sustained the Gollum.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Man, all we've heard from every inch of bandwidth of hate radio for 20 years straight is an incessant, unrelenting, no-holds-barred personal attack on Chelsea Clinton, so this little payback is well deserved.
Want proof? I have this one lame ass joke from 1993!!! I've been feasting on it for years. It's sustained me like the precious sustained the Gollum.

I hate rush

I was being facetious

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Heh, I KNEW that one second visual from 15 years would be conflated into a vast and unrelenting campaign.Guru is a professed fan of Rush Limbaugh. I gave him an example of Limbaugh ragging on a 13 year old girl.

HEH

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Guru is a professed fan of Rush Limbaugh. I gave him an example of Limbaugh ragging on a 13 year old girl.

HEH

And then characterized it as Rush and a host of others attacking her unrelentingly for years.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 11:07 AM
And then characterized it as Rush and a host of others attacking her unrelentingly for years."Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno." - John Sidney McCain III, 1998

penchief
09-01-2008, 11:11 AM

How can it be considered a conflation when a man with great influence in the national media attempts to publicly mock and humiliate an innocent 13 year old girl, who by all accounts, was an exceptionally well-mannered and gracious child? Doing that over the air-waves was an example of extreme cruelty and should have reflected negatively on Limbaugh's stature as a decent human being far more than it did.

Talk about picking on somebody who didn't deserve it. I can't think of a more aggregious example.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
How can it be considered a conflation when a man with great influence in the national media attempts to publicly mock and humiliate an innocent 13 year old girl, who by all accounts, was an exceptionally well-mannered and gracious child? Doing that over the air-waves was an example of extreme cruelty and should have reflected negatively on Limbaugh's stature as a decent human being far more than it did.

Talk about picking on somebody who didn't deserve it. I can't think of a more aggregious example.

Do you understand what words mean?

memyselfI
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Same shit, different thread.

Why should a PARENTING situation mean that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be POTUS?

Did Ronald Reagan's drug addicted daughter mean he did not have the 'judgment' to be POTUS as some are maintaining about Palin's judgment?

I'm sorry but unless there is illegal activity within the family that has been investigated and prosecuted then what goes on within the family is THEIR BUSINESS when it comes to their children.

This is a dangerous slippery slope we are going down and I'm sure it's because Sarah Palin is a mother. If it were Sam Palin this issue would not exist and it's a sexist double standard of the highest order.

penchief
09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Do you understand what words mean?

For the most part.

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Why should a PARENTING situation mean that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be POTUS?

Did Ronald Reagan's drug addicted daughter mean he did not have the 'judgment' to be POTUS as some are maintaining about Palin's judgment?

I'm sorry but unless there is illegal activity within the family that has been investigated and prosecuted then what goes on within the family is THEIR BUSINESS when it comes to their children.

This is a dangerous slippery slope we are going down and I'm sure it's because Sarah Palin is a mother. If it were Sam Palin this issue would not exist and it's a sexist double standard of the highest order.

Fo reals, McCain shoulda picked a dude for his veep.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:15 AM
For the most part.
Can you differentiate between a single joke by an individual and a vast unrelenting campaign?

memyselfI
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM

You know, Chelsea, Bill, and especially Hillary have forgiven John McCain for whatever reason and they consider him a FRIEND and hold him in very high esteem.

Why should this be an issue for any of us if it isn't for them. It was wrong to say it, those involved have forgiven, time to move on.

Chelsea turned into a beautiful young woman inspite of the small minded men who chided her for her looks during her teenage years.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
It was poor judgment for McCain to pick Palin as VP, and it was poor judgment for her to accept. It was poor judgment for Palin and her husband to push abstinence only education and no abortions under any circumstances, and now her daughter is going to be married with a child at the age of 17.

The one thing Bristol can be grateful for is that her family is pretty well off. Her family can afford to support her and her child. Many families would not be able to do the same.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Can you differentiate between a single joke by an individual and a vast unrelenting campaign?

Are you referring to the vast unrelenting campaign of smears against Barack Obama? There are members of even this forum that are part of that campaign, and they post multiple, sometimes dozens, of smears every day.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
But abstinence-only is clearly the best way because then kids just won't have sex!

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Are you referring to the vast unrelenting campaign of smears against Barack Obama? There are members of even this forum that are part of that campaign, and they post multiple, sometimes dozens, of smears every day.

Take some Adderol and reread the thread. K-thanx.

beer bacon
But abstinence-only is clearly the best way because then kids just won't have sex!

It is the best for upper middle to rich families because then when your teenage daughter has a kid her life is only kinda ruined and not completely destroyed.

memyselfI
It was poor judgment for McCain to pick Palin as VP, and it was poor judgment for her to accept. It was poor judgment for Palin and her husband to push abstinence only education and no abortions under any circumstances, and now her daughter is going to be married with a child at the age of 17.

The one thing Bristol can be grateful for is that her family is pretty well off. Her family can afford to support her and her child. Many families would not be able to do the same.

You seem to be embracing this neighbor's rumor as fact. Have you done a pelvic exam or watched an EPT test for this young woman?

I haven't seen the family confirm this story anywhere. Please advise.

penchief
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM

You mean like the campaign by the republican party to launch an eight year effort to undermine and deride the Clintons, even if it included humiliating a young child?

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Take some Adderol and reread the thread. K-thanx.

Babylee, do you go around this forum every day chiding the posters that consistently post smears of Obama? I don't remember you speaking out in those threads.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
You seem to be embracing this neighbor's rumor as fact. Have you done a pelvic exam or watched an EPT test for this young woman?

I haven't seen the family confirm this story anywhere. Please advise.

McCain's campaign released today that Bristol is pregnant and she is planning on marrying the guy that knocked her up. They apparently have known for at least a little bit, but they dumped the news today hoping the hurricane coverage would suck up all the news coverage.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
You mean like the campaign by the republican party to launch an eight year effort to undermine and deride the Clintons, even if it included humiliating a young child?

I see you know the meaning of conflation.

penchief
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I see you know the meaning of conflation.

Heh. Yeah, I do. I was wondering if you did since you used it.

Friendo
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
McCain's campaign released today that Bristol is pregnant and she is planning on marrying the guy that knocked her up. They apparently have known for at least a little bit, but they dumped the news today hoping the hurricane coverage would suck up all the news coverage.

you're not much of a sport fisherman are you?

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Yes, it was diabolically brilliant of them to first not break the news BEFORE they announced Palin as VP, then to secondly arrange with DailyKOS to break a batshit crazy 'granny's playing mommy to cover for daughter' story so they could drop this knowledge during the pre-arranged hurricane drop.

Baby Lee
Heh. Yeah, I do. I was wondering if you did since you used it.

Where?

memyselfI
=dirk digler;4967102Here you go BEP. Also add to that he only talked to her and her people twice. The first time was 6 months ago and the other time when he called to ask her to run.

Dirk, could you please post a link to your story.

Here is one from the Washington Post detailing how Palin was vetted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083002377_pf.html

Far from being a last-minute tactical move or a second choice when better known alternatives were eliminated, Palin was very much in McCain's thinking from the beginning of the selection process, according to McCain's advisers. The 44-year-old governor made every cut as the first list of candidates assembled last spring was slowly winnowed. The more McCain learned about her, the more attracted he was to her as someone who shared his maverick, anti-establishment instincts.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes, it was diabolically brilliant of them to first not break the news BEFORE they announced Palin as VP, then to secondly arrange with DailyKOS to break a batshit crazy 'granny's playing mommy to cover for daughter' story so they could drop this knowledge during the pre-arranged hurricane drop.

McCain's campaign also released today that Papa Palin also has a DUI on his record. They are treating today like a bad news dumping Friday.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 11:29 AM
to that he only talked to her and her people twice. The first time was 6 months ago and the other time when he called to ask her to run.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083002377_pf.html

Far from being a last-minute tactical move or a second choice when better known alternatives were eliminated, Palin was very much in McCain's thinking from the beginning of the selection process, according to McCain's advisers. The 44-year-old governor made every cut as the first list of candidates assembled last spring was slowly winnowed. The more McCain learned about her, the more attracted he was to her as someone who shared his maverick, anti-establishment instincts.[/QUOTE]

McCain had met Palin once prior to calling her up for a five minute phone conversation last week. McCain chose Palin as VP after that phone conversation.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
McCain's campaign also released today that Papa Palin also has a DUI on his record. They are treating today like a bad news dumping Friday.

Yeah, this was way smarter than the original tact.

August 15, 2008. Senator McCain is seriously contemplating a number of options for his VP pick and will announce his decision at the time of his choosing, oh, and Sarah Palin's kid is preggers.

Portlantis
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Oh please... Could you imagine what would have happened if Obama had a 17 year old daughter who got knocked up? The conservatives on this board, and you, would be calling for his head.

It's not Palin's failure as a mother that concerns people, it's the fact that she chose not to disclose her daughter's pregnancy until it became a political issue.

You can't criticize Obama for supposedly playing the race card, then scream sexism every time someone dares criticize Palin.

banyon
09-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah, this was way smarter than the original tact.

August 15, 2008. Senator McCain is seriously contemplating a number of options for his VP pick and will announce his decision at the time of his choosing, oh, and Sarah Palin's kid is preggers.

"tack" ClevelandBronco set me straight on this.

Reaper16
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
It's not Palin's failure as a mother that concerns people, it's her failure as a parent in general, and the fact that she chose not to disclose her daughter's pregnancy until it became a political issue.

That's a smidge harsh, don't you think?

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
That's a smidge harsh, don't you think?

Eff 'em, they're the enemy.

Cannibal
09-01-2008, 11:39 AM
The Right Wing Party CANNOT make abortion illegal. If they do, they won't have anything else to run on except lowering taxes for the rich. Abortion is basically their only real issue anymore. The problem is that if they don't make abortion illegal, they risk further alienation of the evangelicals. They created this problem for themselves and I love watching it. I do not believe they will ever outlaw it, they can't.

Reaper16
09-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Eff 'em, they're the enemy.
It's been a volatile day in D.C., that's for sure.

penchief
09-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Where?

When somebody tried to use Rush's attack on Chelsea as an example of exploiting the children of politicians, you likened the example to a conflation.

I'm not so sure that was an isolated incident. I kind of remember it being an ongoing joke. That said, the degree of cruelty employed by Limbaugh and the impact of it's public humilation being maximized by Rush's national exposure, makes the example a legitimate one and more than just a conflation, IMO.

Reaper16
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
The Right Wing Party CANNOT make abortion illegal. If they do, they won't have anything else to run on except lowering taxes for the rich. Abortion is basically their only real issue anymore. The problem is that if they don't make abortion illegal, they risk further alienation of the evangelicals. They created this problem for themselves and I love watching it. I do not believe they will ever outlaw it, they can't.
Shhhhhh, you've stumbled upon the secret as to why abortions and gun ownership will never be made illegal. The two parties want the primary wedge-issues to stay wedge-issues.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 11:42 AM

Far from being a last-minute tactical move or a second choice when better known alternatives were eliminated, Palin was very much in McCain's thinking from the beginning of the selection process, according to McCain's advisers. The 44-year-old governor made every cut as the first list of candidates assembled last spring was slowly winnowed. The more McCain learned about her, the more attracted he was to her as someone who shared his maverick, anti-establishment instincts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/31/mccain-camp-didnt-search_n_122823.html

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:47 AM
When somebody tried to use Rush's attack on Chelsea as an example of exploiting the children of politicians, you likened the example to a conflation.

I'm not so sure that was an isolated incident. I kind of remember it being an ongoing joke. That said, the degree of cruelty employed by Limbaugh and the impact of it's public humilation being maximized by Rush's national exposure, makes the example a legitimate one and more than just a conflation, IMO.

She used it [an individual, 1 second, joke] as an example, and then referred to a vast and unrelenting, broad-based campaign ATTACKING CHELSEA SPECIFICALLY, and lasting years. That's conflation [the improper melding of two unconnected things]. You continued to harden that conflation by melding all republican efforts, legitimate or not, against the Clintons, with this single event, to present the idea of a 'vast concerted effort, including attacks on children.'

By that logic, a few choice quotes from Bill Clinton would support the allegation of a vast and systematic effort by the left to belittle African American achievement.

Guru
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM

And you would be wrong.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
And you would be wrong.

really?

you think teaching abstinence instead of protection is the right move

I could see you being a teenaged virgin

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 11:54 AM
And you would be wrong.

In what manner?

Not everyone had sex? Duh

There was something more fun to do? Yeah, right.

jAZ
09-01-2008, 11:54 AM

I tend to agree that this is a personal matter, particularly WRT to Palin's daughter's decision making directly. Kids are so easily tempted into sex. However Sarah's decisionmaking is fair game no matter the subject.

And politically, there is a HUGE amount of meaningful issues that can be discussed in this area with out without her daughter being involved.

That's not off limits.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 12:01 PM
And you would be wrong.

Ok maybe not all of us but the clear majority.

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I am wondering if McCain even knew this like he said he did.

What Palin’s press secretary said when asked by the Anchorage newspaper over the weekend if Bristol Palin is pregnant:
Anchorage Daily News: (http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/512560.html)“The Daily News had asked Palin’s press secretary, Bill McAllister, over the weekend to address rumors that Bristol was pregnant.”
“I don’t know. I have no evidence that Bristol’s pregnant,” he said on Saturday.”

orange
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I am wondering if McCain even knew this like he said he did.

Look at the picture.

p.s. She's seventeen now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
blatant f*cking hypocrisy

Had you actually read the motherf*cking thread yesterday, you would have seen essentially every poster in there, both left and right, repudiating the story completely. Of course, that doesn't fit with your m.o. so you nail the Palin's up on the cross as example of Democratic hypocrisy.

Where were you when all the horseshit Obama-Muslim threads popped up? The Sleeper Cell retardation?

Hell, you are the very same sonofabitch who bent over f*cking backwards trying to vindicate Bush for the smears against Bridget and John McCain in South Carolina, because there wasn't an unequivocal paper trail leading back to Campaign HQ.

Yet in this case, one jackass posts a hackneyed story on the DKos, it is soundly rebuffed by both sides of the aisle here, and all you can cry is injustice?

Goddamn, you are full of shit.

HolmeZz
09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Family Values FTW!

Cannibal
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Had you actually read the motherf*cking thread yesterday, you would have seen essentially every poster in there, both left and right, repudiating the story completely. Of course, that doesn't fit with your m.o. so you nail the Palin's up on the cross as example of Democratic hypocrisy.

Where were you when all the horseshit Obama-Muslim threads popped up? The Sleeper Cell retardation?

Hell, you are the very same sonofabitch who bent over f*cking backwards trying to vindicate Bush for the smears against Bridget and John McCain in South Carolina, because there wasn't an unequivocal paper trail leading back to Campaign HQ.

Yet in this case, one jackass posts a hackneyed story on the DKos, it is soundly rebuffed by both sides of the aisle here, and all you can cry is injustice?

Damn, someone got WTFPWNED.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Hey, diptshit. I'm applying the same standard here I did in the 'Bush said McCain had an illegitimate black baby' thread.

And what happened on the billion some-odd posts of the other thread isn't relevant here. What was happening here was the old story had been debunked and was promptly replaced with a story with the same murky provenance and touted as 'the truth' about the situation.

jAZ may have softened it with 'it's just a post' buried in the post itself, but the thread header touts it as 'the truth of the situation.' That it was susequently borne out by confirmation does nothing to mitigate the sketchy practice of touting murky unsourced rumors as truth.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey, diptshit. I'm applying the same standard here I did in the 'Bush said McCain had an illegitimate black baby' thread.

And what happened on the billion some-odd posts of the other thread isn't relevant here. What was happening here was the old story had been debunked and was promptly replaced with a story with the same murky provenance and touted as 'the truth' about the situation.

jAZ may have softened it with 'it's just a post' buried in the post itself, but the thread header touts it as 'the truth of the situation.' That it was susequently borne out by confirmation does nothing to mitigate the sketchy practice of touting murky unsourced rumors as truth.

The sad truth is thats what it all is. The only evidence we have is what is told to us. Telling that a blog post was accurate and the old newspaper post wasn't

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Family Values FTW!

You got it. The wiminz churn out lots o' babeez!

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
The sad truth is thats what it all is. The only evidence we have is what is told to us. Telling that a blog post was accurate and the old newspaper post wasn't

Semantics again, but 'what is told to us' often isn't evidence. That's why hearsay is excluded from presentation AS evidence.

ROYC75
09-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Good Grief ........

Bashing Palin for her daughters mistake is stupid. How many of you young bucks was out late some night banging a girl in HS. Was mommy watching over you or her at the time ?

The girl chose wrong, just as many of you have when you were younger...

Telling a child how to be is easy , expecting them is a question mark you can't answer until the proof is there. Young kids must learn things on their own .........even at the thought of not listening to mommy and daddy.

HolmeZz
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Bashing Palin for her daughters mistake is stupid.

So true. That's why Republicans never talk about parental responsibility.

I don't think anyone here has knocked up any 16 year olds.

For as important you claim life is, you should be treating this a lot more seriously than a 'mistake', Roy.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Semantics again, but 'what is told to us' often isn't evidence. That's why hearsay is excluded from presentation AS evidence.

I understand, but this isn't a court this a political forum. Where most the time things posted are done before they are done reading them/hearing them.

beer bacon
09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Good Grief ........

Bashing Palin for her daughters mistake is stupid. How many of you young bucks was out late some night banging a girl in HS. Was mommy watching over you or her at the time ?

Telling a child how to be is easy , expecting them is a question mark you can't answer until the proof is there. Young kids must learn things on their own .........even at the thought of not listening to mommy and daddy.

You don't help your kid when you push abstinence only education and are anti-contraceptives.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Good Grief ........

speaking of easy...

HolmeZz
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
You don't help your kid when you push abstinence only education and are anti-contraceptives.

Are you implying that "Don't touch the cock" isn't an effective message?

HolmeZz
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
speaking of easy...

hiyoooooooooooooooooooooo

ROYC75
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
So true. That's why Republicans never talk about parental responsibility.

I don't think anyone here has knocked up any 16 year olds.

For as important you claim life is, you should be treating this a lot more seriously than a 'mistake', Roy.

Really ? We do teach our kids responsibility, but that consequences do arise with our choices. I see Palin and family accepting this, don't you ?

Anyone ? Hey, don't go there. You can't make a statement about something you do not know, I would bet a ton of money that most all on this BB have some type of sex before 18 years of age. Kids have sex, they don't plan on having a baby, but it does happen, far too often. In this case, instead of saying, yes we screwed up, let's make it go away, we will get an abortion. They go the moral way and accept the responsibility .

The mistake was not using protection if they hadn't planned on her getting pregnant. Accepting the responsibility now is only the right thing to do.

To me, this is really a non issue as VPOTUS, it's a family issue, not the world and all of the attack dogs.........Even Mr Obot himself has said this, today . Finally, something else Obot and I can relate to . ( FTR, their are others. )

ROYC75
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM

One must address his / hers own opinions within his / her's owns family, to comment is only a personal feeling you wish to make for your own personal gain.

Who are we to judge another man's family until we have been in that man's shoes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Just so I'm getting it straight:

It's ok for operatives who want the Bush campaign to win to tout unsubstantiated rumors that Bridget McCain is the offspring of McCain's dalliance out of wedlock with a black woman, which is wholly false, but it is a damnable offense for someone to say that Bristol Palin is pregnant when she actually is?

I'm just trying to grasp the depths of your moral relativism.

I ask you again: Where were you when the avalanche of Obama-Muslim, Sleeper Cell, Baby Daddy, and all that horseshit followed one after the other? I scantly recall you repudiating those sources, yet when something pops up that disparages your candidate, it's worthy of a Crusade?

Why move the goalposts?

jAZ
09-01-2008, 03:27 PM
What was happening here was the old story had been debunked and was promptly replaced with a story with the same murky provenance and touted as 'the truth' about the situation.

Bullshit.

I posted the end-of-story photo on the first topic inside the first thread... and then opened up this thread with similar end-of-story photo on this topic.

I then followed both up with a duely qualified caveat emptor quote fully sourced including posters full name and a link to original writing... where a neighbor friend (or whatever) tells a highly verifiable, completely lucid, extensively detailed explanation of both the non-sense of the first thread and the reality of the second.

To pretend that a dKos post with endless circumstancial try-to-prove-this-false evidence is the equal of another with relatively affirmative photo evidence and a detailed story supporting that photo (qualified by it's limitations)...

... is deeply dishonest.

They are far from the same other than to say that neither is final "proof".

One is entirely circumstantial mysterious conjecture.

The other is on the record eyewitness testimony.

jettio
09-01-2008, 03:41 PM

As far as it not looking good for Palin, that is from a liberal pov. Not everyone is going to see it the same way because not everybody is a liberal.
Liberals will always see someone like this in a different light simply because it's not their values.

How can you fall for this after some of things said about Obama?
You fell for the same stuff on Paul too.

Does a women who spent most of her whole life in Alaska really want to live in Washington, DC?

This Palin story is a fool's paradise.

She must crave the spotlight if she could have all this family trouble and then decide to seek the VP nomination in spite of how bad it makes here sister, her sister's ex, her husband and her daughter look.

Why does Palin have all of this weird family drama?

Maybe she should tend the homefires before trying to fix Washington.

She is governor of the state and her husband makes phone calls to government officials trying to get in-laws fired from their job and she does not know about it? What kind of household is that?

Her husband is throwing his weight around as the governor's husband and the governor does not know about it?

She wants to teach creationism and abstinence only sex education and she has all of this family drama?

McCain picked her because there is nothing he likes better than good looking women that is younger than his wife of the moment.

Drama queen Palin.

How crazy do you have to be to be John McCain? The smell of new puzzy still drives that old kook crazy.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
You need to ask Palin about living in DC because I have no personal knowledge on her feelings regarding where she lives.
The other issues you raise have been brought up in other threads more completly including the domestic violence and tasering a child by that cop in the family. Two sides to any story.

FTR I am not voting for McCain. I'm just looking from the outside at the two camps and how silly they get on these types of things including the righties calling Obama a Muslim and a terrorist.

Guru
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Guru is a professed fan of Rush Limbaugh. I gave him an example of Limbaugh ragging on a 13 year old girl.

HEHActually, no you didn't. You just said he did and gave no actual proof other than your word on it.

And then characterized it as Rush and a host of others attacking her unrelentingly for years. yep

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno." - John Sidney McCain III, 1998

And that is Rush? iirc somebody stated that this was supposedly overheard and never proven. This is certainly the first time I have heard anything negative about Chelsea.

jettio
09-01-2008, 03:45 PM
One must address his / hers own opinions within his / her's owns family, to comment is only a personal feeling you wish to make for your own personal gain.

Who are we to judge another man's family until we have been in that man's shoes.

I think somebody can figure out that for her own good, Palin needs to lose the election in November. If she stays on the ticket.

There is no way that drama queen and her weird family is going to even live in Washington.

I think the only reason she is running for VP is because she thinks she will finally have enough clout to get her sister's ex fired so that he can't earn his living and share custody of his kids.

Logical
09-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh, cool, the stereotypical women belong at home rant.
No the not so stereotypical, this woman shows a tendency not to use good judgement.

Guru
09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
No the not so stereotypical, this woman shows a tendency not to use good judgement.
As with every single politician living and dead.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM

Good judgement is usually a matter of opinion too. Not everyone sees it the same.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
As with every single politician living and dead.

That's right.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I think the only reason she is running for VP is because she thinks she will finally have enough clout to get her sister's ex fired so that he can't earn his living and share custody of his kids.

...or taser them either.

jettio
09-01-2008, 03:55 PM
You need to ask Palin about living in DC because I have no personal knowledge on her feelings regarding where she lives.
The other issues you raise have been brought up in other threads more completly including the domestic violence and tasering a child by that cop in the family. Two sides to any story.

FTR I am not voting for McCain. I'm just looking from the outside at the two camps and how silly they get on these types of things including the righties calling Obama a Muslim and a terrorist.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Pick somebody because they are pretty no matter how weird her family is.

There is a judge on that divorce case and according to the Washington Post, he can't figure out why Palin is trying to get him fired from the only job that gives him a shot to pay his fair share of child support.

There must be some heavy metals in the water supply in Alaska, because the GOP in Alaska has nothing but weirdos. Even the apparent reformers in the Alaska GOP are out-of-control weird.

Logical
09-01-2008, 03:55 PM

To say she should be removed from the ticket because her teenage daughter made a huge error in judgement, the same error tons of other teenagers make, thats just dumb.I am sorry but you leave out a glaring issue in your rush to generalize. Kids who are taught good solid contraception (condoms, birth control) may make a mistake but the parents did not advance the issue by teaching them something as stupid as abstinence. Hormones far outweigh all the training you might ever give a teenager about abstinence.

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Do you pay any attention around here or do you just spout off your baseless crap?

Palin mobilized the evangelical vote for McCain. How is that "baseless crap"? Tough shit if you don't like it. Sucks to be you. Try again in 2012 and next time maybe the dem's will have enough brains not to nominate a candidate endorsed by daily kos and moveon.org.

Logical
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
...or taser them either.
My gosh there are so many ways to punish that guy if the tasering is true that does not take away his ability to earn a living.:spock:

SoCalBronco
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I wonder when DailyKos is going to apologize for saying that Trig was not Sarah's baby?

That's ok. I don't really want them to. I'd much rather see them get audited in the IRS in January.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Just so I'm getting it straight:

It's ok for operatives who want the Bush campaign to win to tout unsubstantiated rumors that Bridget McCain is the offspring of McCain's dalliance out of wedlock with a black woman, which is wholly false, but it is a damnable offense for someone to say that Bristol Palin is pregnant when she actually is?

I'm just trying to grasp the depths of your moral relativism.

I ask you again: Where were you when the avalanche of Obama-Muslim, Sleeper Cell, Baby Daddy, and all that horseshit followed one after the other? I scantly recall you repudiating those sources, yet when something pops up that disparages your candidate, it's worthy of a Crusade?

Why move the goalposts?

I NEVER said it was OK. I said I didn't know that they were operatives working at anyone of importance's behest.

You can live in the world where, if the charges sound reasonable because you don't like the accused, that's enough to pronounce guilt. I'll live where a greater modicum of proof is required.

Perhaps you heard the scuttlebutt that the 'iron my shirt, bitch!!!' guy in the audience at a Hillary f(x) was one of their very own operatives, and that the press was tipped to highlight his antics by them. Not saying that rumor is true either, but that possibility gives rise to the multitude of possible gambits and counter gambits that could be at play in an anecdotal stunt of this nature.

As for the Obama [Muslim, Sleeper cell] shit, it was so clearly bullshit it didn't need any refuting, at least on here. You won't believe me, but I swear to you that I HAVE run into people IRL who held similar sentiments [not sleeper cell, but scoffing his Christianity] and I DID set those individuals straight [or at least tried].

The Baby Daddy thing, I don't know specifically what you're referring to, but if it's the media calling him that, well no, I didn't say anything because it's a riff on the fact that MICHELLE FRIGGEN' OBAMA called him that in a nationally run introduction.

Logical
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Good judgement is usually a matter of opinion too. Not everyone sees it the same.Wow, so how do you decide on a ticket, flip a coin? Evidently you do not evaluate their judgement.:rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
My gosh there are so many ways to punish that guy if the tasering is true that does not take away his ability to earn a living.:spock:

Just saying I think there is a lot more to the story, more than the tasering, which is abuse and if a cop did that to a kid what would he do on the job and he used a weapon from his state job. That doesn't sound right. Iirc he was offered another position too. I will wait for all material facts until I make any judgement.

Logical
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I wonder when DailyKos is going to apologize for saying that Trig was not Sarah's baby?

That's ok. I don't really want them to. I'd much rather see them get audited in the IRS in January.Actually I believe it was a blogger who uses their BB (somewhat like this place only more liberal by 10.

jettio
09-01-2008, 04:02 PM
...or taser them either.

Weirdo Palin's weird sister married a weird state trooper.

I would not be surprised if the weird kid was not tasered against his will.

I am not sure why you want to take sides in that weird azz family. I am from the school that we should not entrust high responsibilites to a weirdo from a weird family, when there are plenty of folks who could do the job that are not that weird.

I think that Bobby Jindal cut quite an impressive figure in the press conferences I saw this weekend. He is very bright and very well spoken, and it seems that he might have more normal family dynamics.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow, so how do you decide on a ticket, flip a coin? Evidently you do not evaluate their judgement.:rolleyes:

No I do. I just don't agree that it's bad. That's a matter of opinion.
Thanks for the rolleyes. I got online to finish your little request but wanted to post first.

Logical
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
As with every single politician living and dead.Really, want to give me several (since there are already several for Palin) for Joe Biden?

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM

I am not sure why you want to take sides in that weird azz family. I am from the school that we should not entrust high responsibilites to a weirdo from a weird family, when there are plenty of folks who could do the job that are not that weird.

I think that Bobby Jindal cut quite an impressive figure in the press conferences I saw this weekend. He is very bright and very well spoken, and it seems that he might have more normal family dynamics.
Weirdo=opinion only

What sides are here? I give her the benefit of the doubt for now. No one even has all the facts yet. That's weird. Relying on the press alone at this point is even weirder.

Logical
09-01-2008, 04:05 PM
No I do. I just don't agree that it's bad. That's a matter of opinion.
Thanks for the rolleyes. I got online to finish your little request but wanted to post first.I cannot believe you got offended by rolleyes. I thought you had thicker skin than that.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
There is a judge on that divorce case and according to the Washington Post, he can't figure out why Palin is trying to get him fired from the only job that gives him a shot to pay his fair share of child support.
Maybe, just maybe, because he's a policeman who drank on the job, tasered his kid, beat people and made death threats, all while in possession of a state issued firearm.

jettio
09-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Weirdo=opinion only

What sides are here? I give her the benefit of the doubt for now. No one even has all the facts yet. That's weird. Relying on the press alone at this point is even weirder.

Oh, good lord.

I don't really care to get all of the facts about this weirdo's weird azz family.

I just hope that McCain is as stupidly stubborn as his reputation says that he is.

If that ticket with an elderly puzzy chaser who only got into and out of Annapolis at the very bottom of his class because of his family name, and, a looker from the weirdest family in East Bumf*ck, Alaska, were to win this election, then that will be the first step towards a constitutional convention that will eliminate suffrage for all Americans.

If that ticket wins, this will end up being the last election we have.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Is it just weird-assed families, or have you changed your oh-so-stuanch stance AGAINST just people for their weird-assed close friends and associates?

jettio
09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Maybe, just maybe, because he's a policeman who drank on the job, tasered his kid, beat people and made death threats, all while in possession of a state issued firearm.

Before you sing the litany of misdeeds about this weird trooper why don't you also list the date of the alleged occurence and the date that anyone from the wierdazz family reported the misdeed to anyone in authority.

Have a debate about this weird azz family all that you like, but have it by yourself.

Palin's sister is the one who gave her wedding vows to the guy.

Our country does not need some weird dumbazz as VP. And we don't need some elderly puzzy chazer having his mind clouded by a pretty girl's perfume in charge of our government.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Before you sing the litany of misdeeds about this weird trooper why don't you also list the date of the alleged occurence and the date that anyone from the wierdazz family reported the misdeed to anyone in authority.

Have a debate about this weird azz family all that you like, but have it by yourself.

Palin's sister is the one who gave her wedding vows to the guy.

Our country does not need some weird dumbazz as VP. And we don't need some elderly puzzy chazer having his mind clouded by a pretty girl's perfume in charge of our government.

Soooo, God DAMN 'merka is back on the table?

Sorry to hear that, all that sermonizing just about had me converted. ROFL ROFL

Guru
09-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I am sorry but you leave out a glaring issue in your rush to generalize. Kids who are taught good solid contraception (condoms, birth control) may make a mistake but the parents did not advance the issue by teaching them something as stupid as abstinence. Hormones far outweigh all the training you might ever give a teenager about abstinence.
Oh, so now my parents are stupid for teaching me abstinence. Which worked by the way.

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh, good lord.

I don't really care to get all of the facts about this weirdo's weird azz family.

I just hope that McCain is as stupidly stubborn as his reputation says that he is.

If that ticket with an elderly puzzy chaser who only got into and out of Annapolis at the very bottom of his class because of his family name, and, a looker from the weirdest family in East Bumf*ck, Alaska, were to win this election, then that will be the first step towards a constitutional convention that will eliminate suffrage for all Americans.

:deevee:

jettio
09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Soooo, God DAMN 'merka is back on the table?

Sorry to hear that, all that sermonizing just about had me converted. ROFL ROFL

Make the most of it.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
FTR - my parents never said a friggen word about sex, not to this day. And it seems like there was this one day in the fourth grade or so when the girls went to one room to learn what to shove where when they start bleeding, and the boys went to another to talk about deodorant and shaving.

But I knew what went where AT LEAST by the time I was seven, was reading my uncle's nudie mags for hours on end shortly thereafter, and hitting it as often as I could not that long thereafter. And I don't know I ever wasn't aware what the risks, and rewards, were.

F@ck, we even knew what both girls and boys were gonna be discussing before that fateful day in the 4th.

I'm relatively certain this girl knew what risks she was taking, but she probably thought she loved him too much and it felt too good to stop, 100% safety or no.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh, good lord.

Wow! Jettio that is really funny. You can be entertaining.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
FTR - my parents never said a friggen word about sex, not to this day. And it seems like there was this one day in the fourth grade or so when the girls went to one room to learn what to shove where when they start bleeding, and the boys went to another to talk about deodorant and shaving.

But I knew what went where AT LEAST by the time I was seven, was reading my uncle's nudie mags for hours on end shortly thereafter, and hitting it as often as I could not that long thereafter. And I don't know I ever wasn't aware what the risks, and rewards, were.

F@ck, we even knew what both girls and boys were gonna be discussing before that fateful day in the 4th.

I'm relatively certain this girl knew what risks she was taking, but she probably thought she loved him too much and it felt too good to stop, 100% safety or no.
Ayuup! Especially in this day and age.

My kid spent part of her summers on her aunt's farm in Iowa and knew all about since a young child. Most farm kids know early too. It's just not rocket science. But I guess when kids are so dumbed down like they are nowadays with govt education they need to learn that in school too because they're incapable of learning on their own.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Make the most of it.

Could've sworn you were on here just last week flopsweating yourself into a good ol' whiskey lather over anyone, ANYONE!!! who would besmirch the good Christian name of Lord Obama, whatever the reason.

This week it's a gapejawed heeyuckin' "I doan wanno weirdos in mah Wahite Howsssee"

jettio
09-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Could've sworn you were on here just last week flopsweating yourself into a good ol' whiskey lather over anyone, ANYONE!!! who would besmirch the good Christian name of Lord Obama, whatever the reason.

This week it's a gapejawed heeyuckin' "I doan wanno weirdos in mah Wahite Howsssee"

So says the hedonist wing of the GOP.

I have been busy working on my cases, and this place has gone downhill a lot, and have not posted a whole lot lately.

I'll bump the thread that you must be referring to and see if your characterization is accurate.

My recollection is that I asked you what your problem with Obama was and you never replied.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
You can live in the world where, if the charges sound reasonable because you don't like the accused, that's enough to pronounce guilt. I'll live where a greater modicum of proof is required.

Which is precisely why I derided you for not reading the aforementioned thread, since it was clearly denounced by both sides of the aisle, and no one was suggesting it had any shred of truth. However, you are so quick to play the libs are no better card, you couldn't see the glaringly obvious facts that show that to be the case.

Everyone in that thread, save for AriChiefs, soundly expressed the bullshit of the story therein, yet all of a sudden we are supporting it because we don't like Palin?

What kind of fantasy world does your mind function in? That is no less partisan hackery and blatant falsity than the HogFarmer like fools desecrating this very subforum.

***SPRAYER
09-01-2008, 05:09 PM
and no one was suggesting it had any shred of truth.

ROFL

Adept Havelock
09-01-2008, 05:09 PM
What kind of fantasy world does your mind function in? That is no less partisan hackery and blatant falsity than the HogFarmer like fools desecrating this very subforum.

How can one "desecrate" DC? Did someone consecrate this place? :hmmm:

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Which is precisely why I derided you for not reading the aforementioned thread, since it was clearly denounced by both sides of the aisle, and no one was suggesting it had any shred of truth. However, you are so quick to play the libs are no better card, you couldn't see the glaringly obvious facts that show that to be the case.

Everyone in that thread, save for AriChiefs, soundly expressed the bullshit of the story therein, yet all of a sudden we are supporting it because we don't like Palin?

I didn't say f@ck all about the previous scandal, except that it'd already been debunked.
My remarks were about this bit of insider truth. Keep up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I didn't say f@ck all about the previous scandal, except that it'd already been debunked.
My remarks were about this bit of insider truth. Keep up.

You are the one who can't seem to follow the path of logic. You accuse the left of making scurrilous attacks and of lefties believing them because of their political inclination.

The prior thread proves that to be wholly false, as not only were the attacks not taken seriously, but they were claimed as bullshit by some of the most liberal members of this board on the very first page of the thread.

You were the jackass who posted a rumor from a Howard Stern listener that Hillary was the Veep, and you have the audacity to accuse jAZ of putting the cart before the horse when he clearly contextualized the story?

I'm just wondering where else we are going to move the goal posts to today.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
You are the one who can't seem to follow the path of logic. You accuse the left of making scurrilous attacks and of lefties believing them because of their political inclination.

The prior thread proves that to be wholly false, as not only were the attacks not taken seriously, but they were claimed as bullshit by some of the most liberal members of this board on the very first page of the thread.

You were the jackass who posted a rumor from a Howard Stern listener that Hillary was the Veep, and you have the audacity to accuse jAZ of putting the cart before the horse when he clearly contextualized the story?

I'm just wondering where else we are going to move the goal posts to today.

Can you link to where I said lefties always do this and righties never do? I seem to have forgotten. I was remarking on what was happening HERE. I don't do it for every situation [usually because the BS is already patently obvious, or someone[s] are already all over it] but I have in the past applied the same standard when a 'conservative' has posted rumor as fact.

And as for the Hillary thing, I reported it as fact because the show reported it as fact, AND I gave the source. I don't see what the problem is there, they got pranked. It was a credible possibility. I didn't try to make any kind of 'point' about the selection, except that if it was true they [she] wouldn't have my vote. It's not like I said 'see he chose Hillary and that's a fact that proves xxx about him.' Just reported what I heard for the purpose of information dissemination.

EDIT: One instance I can come up OtToMH with because rep linked back to it
1. He's denounced the words that were wrong. Does he have to declare the guy dead to him?
2. The guy's been preaching at an hour plus a week for twenty years, and the worst that's been unearthed is about 45 seconds, maybe a few more. I'm reminded of that Seinfeld episode about Jerry being an anti-dentite, where he was making a joke about dentists to his new GF and she lobbed of something about 'oh and the blacks and jews too.' I've had tons of times where someone I knew well and for a long time popped off with something appalling, something I never expected of them. It's not inconceivable that these newly unearthed remarks were an unpleasant surprise to Obama.

I'm not saying he definitely had no idea that the guy had such nutty views, but it's no logical 'proof' that he inexorably did.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Can you link to where I said lefties always do this and righties never do? I seem to have forgotten. I was remarking on what was happening HERE. I don't do it for every situation [usually because the BS is already patently obvious, or someone[s] are already all over it] but I have in the past applied the same standard when a 'conservative' has posted rumor as fact.

And as for the Hillary thing, I reported it as fact because the show reported it as fact, AND I gave the source. I don't see what the problem is there, they got pranked. It was a credible possibility. I didn't try to make any kind of 'point' about the selection, except that if it was true they [she] wouldn't have my vote. It's not like I said 'see he chose Hillary and that's a fact that proves xxx about him.' Just reported what I heard for the purpose of information dissemination.

As opposed to a thread starter with a question mark and "Take it for what it's worth, it's a comment in a blog".

How does that not properly buttress claims to its legitimacy?

And regarding your first sentence...

"You can live in the world where, if the charges sound reasonable because you don't like the accused, that's enough to pronounce guilt. I'll live where a greater modicum of proof is required."

Extrapolating that I am somehow sending this woman to San Quentin when I clearly espoused the bullshit of the previous story.

I'm not going to apologize because you got caught up in faux outrage over what jAZ supposedly didn't do, when you could have just read the OP and seen that he was perfectly responsible in how he framed the story in question.

Baby Lee
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
As opposed to a thread starter with a question mark and "Take it for what it's worth, it's a comment in a blog".

How does that not properly buttress claims to its legitimacy?

I already addressed the thread title versus the comment buried in the post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Initially, Palin denied that there had been any pressure on Monegan to fire Wooten from her or anyone in her administration.[84] However, she later disclosed that her staff had contacted Monegan or his staff about two dozen times regarding Wooten, including many from her chief of staff, stating most calls were made without her knowledge. Monegan claims he was also contacted about Wooten by Palin herself on several occasions,[81] Palin's husband, and the state's Attorney General, Talis Colberg.

Now, no one is saying that Wooten is an exemplary public servant, but you sure seem ready to believe all the horrid things coming out about him during a custody battle, and yet you hold the above belief system. Seems a might contradictory is all.