PDA

View Full Version : Elections Frank Luntz\AARP focus group don't like Palin as VP

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Interesting considering Frank is a right-wing lover.
<noscript>http://m1.2mdn.net/1442951/time_728x90_sa.gif</noscript><!-- Begin Interstitial Ad --><!-- Unicast Ad Platform V3.0.141 Delivery V3.0 Start: Transitional Script (Script) ad tag for Agency: [ Time Incorporated ] Advertiser: [ Hewlett Packard ] Campaign: [ HP Consumer Wireless ] Publisher: [ Time Online ] Placement: [ HP Consumer Wireless Trans - August ] Format/Size: [ Transitional - 640 x 480 ] Start: [ 08/01/08 ] End: [ 08/31/08 ] --> <script language="javascript" src="http://creativeby1.unicast.com/assets/A89/N1832/M3521/P65/Q18409/script_640_480.js?0.018103819151680245"></script><script language="javascript" src="http://creativeby1.unicast.com/script/V3.00/select.js"></script> <!-- Unicast Ad Platform V3.0.141 Delivery V3.0 End: Script ad tag for Campaign: [ HP Consumer Wireless ] Publisher: [ Time Online ] Placement: [ HP Consumer Wireless Trans - August ] Generated: 08/22/2008 13:27:21 -0400 --> <!-- .contentAd -->
http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/08/focusedthe_sequel.html
August 31, 2008 7:39

Focused--The Sequel (http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/08/focusedthe_sequel.html)

Posted by Joe Klein
<!-- .entryFooter --> <!-- Article Body Start --> Another week, another Frank Luntz/AARP focus group of undecided voters--this one in Minneapolis and with some bad news for John McCain: they don't like the choice of Sarah Palin for vice president. Only one person said Palin made him more likely to vote for McCain; about half the 25-member group raised their hands when asked if Palin made them less likely to vote for McCain. They had a negative impression of Palin by a 2-1 margin...a fact that was reinforced when they were given hand-dials and asked to react to Palin's speech at her first appearance with McCain on Friday---the dials remained totally neutral as Palin went through her heart-warming(?) biography, and only blipped upwards when she said she opposed the Bridge to Nowhere--which wasn't quite the truth, as we now know.

Then there was this, from a woman named Teresa, who went to the Democratic Convention as a Hillary delegate and is leaning toward voting for McCain--obviously the target audience for the Palin pick: "His age didn't really bother me until he picked Palin. What if he dies in office and leaves us with her as President? Also she leans toward the rigid right, and I always thought he was a moderate...You know, I change my mind almost every day, but right now I"m wondering where the John McCain I really liked in 2000 went, what happened to the moderate? This John McCain has the look of someone who is being manipulated--probably by Karl Rove."

Teresa still wasn't willing to vote for Obama, whom she considers too inexperienced, but she was clearly wavering. Afterwards Luntz, good Republican that he is, made the case that Palin could win all these people back with a good convention speech, but that seemed far-fetched to me. They really saw this pick as a gimmick--and one that reflected badly on John McCain's judgment.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Man, if OLD PEOPLE are down on McCain because of Palin, he's ****ED.

StcChief
09-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm not buying this crap from the Lib state of MN....even their AARP members....

who was the in "focus" group and where do they live.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
That's because they are old geezers; and don't appreciate what a hot MILF will bring to the country.

:harumph:

dirk digler
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not buying this crap from the Lib state of MN....even their AARP members....

Ask Frank he usually stacks his focus groups with people from the right.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Palin seems out of her element. She's not very bright and she's already had controversial issues-no thanks to that. I want better for my country than the out of touch with reality ticket, known as Mayor McCheese and Sarah Putin.

banyon
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM

The lib state of MN?

Wasn't McCain's VP pick going to be their governor?

RINGLEADER
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Most people don't know her - as his focus group reinforced. The more everyone says she can't do the job the more they'll be surprised to learn that she can. If she screws up in the Biden debate or makes a stupid comment then she deserves the scorn that undecideds will heap upon the selection but if she comes off as coherent and tough the inexperience thing will go away.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Well hey, now SHE's a grandma, too!

NoLurkerNoMore
09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
That's because they are old geezers; and don't appreciate what a hot MILF will bring to the country.

:harumph:

Am I the only one who doesn't fancy her? At best I give her a five out of ten. Who knows may be you american have lower standarts?

BucEyedPea
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
That old people don't like this is nothing new.
It was the older people in the GOP that supported McCain.
They're just old school.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't fancy her? At best I give her a five out of ten. Who knows may be you american have lower standarts?

Depends on one's age, I suspect. She's at least a 7 IMHO. From a mid-40s average American heterosexual male perspective...I'd hit it (if I were single, given the chance that is.)

Sorry; I've reached a age where teeny-boppers and twenty somethings may be pleasant to look at, but I prefer more mature women.

:shrug:

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Well hey, now SHE's a grandma, too!Man, **** ALLA y'all. That was a good line.

Logical
09-01-2008, 11:24 PM

who was the in "focus" group and where do they live.You do know this doofus is a FAUX news stooge that would never pick liberals if he could avoid it. Don't give him the locations he might send hit squads.:doh!: