PDA

View Full Version : Computers 12" powerbook for sale

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Sold.

unlurking
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Out of curiosity, do you find you get more contacts from buyers by NOT putting a price on there?

I'm the type that won't read a real estate listing or any other ad without pics. No way I'd bother contacting a seller for something without even a hint of what they're asking for.

Der Flöprer
09-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Out of curiosity, do you find you get more contacts from buyers by NOT putting a price on there?

I'm the type that won't read a real estate listing or any other ad without pics. No way I'd bother contacting a seller for something without even a hint of what they're asking for.

This.

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Let me guess you want 700 bucks for it.

JBucc
09-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I've got 50 spare bucks and a crt monitor I'm willing to part with.

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM

You get much more contacts by not putting a price up. But I was getting ridiculous offers, so I went ahead and put a price up (negotiable)

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Let me guess you want 700 bucks for it.

I'm expecting $450

Count Alex's Losses
09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm expecting $450

LMAO

That laptop is worth about 300.

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
LMAO

You're insane. The 12 inch powerbooks were discontinued in 2005.

You'd spend between $650 and $750 on refurbs for this model.

I won't give it away.

http://macpalace.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=5433
http://www.macofalltrades.com/Apple_G4_1_67GHz_15_PowerBook_1_0_80GB_SD_DL_p/g4167pb154.htm

Jewish Rabbi
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
You're insane. The 12 inch powerbooks were discontinued in 2005.

I won't give it away.

http://macpalace.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=5433
http://www.macofalltrades.com/Apple_G4_1_67GHz_15_PowerBook_1_0_80GB_SD_DL_p/g4167pb154.htm
According to Claythan you should be paying someone to take it off your hands... :whackit:

QuikSsurfer
09-02-2008, 01:07 AM
LMAO

Sold.

$450

Count Alex's Losses
09-02-2008, 01:17 AM

Which is also a raping...****ing overpriced Macs.

Short Leash Hootie
09-02-2008, 01:48 AM
as a PC loyalist, would someone explain to me what the benefit of a Mac is? I'm good enough with computers to not have any bloated software or download any viruses...etc...

I just don't get why I'd want to spend as much on a 12" Macbook with 512 MB or RAM when I can spend the same on a 15.4" HP with 3 GB Ram and 200 GB harddrive...

What am I missing? I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to read some of the benefits of a Mac if you know what you're doing on a PC?`

All I've ever heard is a Mac doesn't have bloated software and you don't get viruses...I can already do that on PC and pay less and get better specs...

I just don't get it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-02-2008, 01:50 AM
as a PC loyalist, would someone explain to me what the benefit of a Mac is?

They claim to have teh world's uber-sooperest software operating system!

It's bullshit. Good computer? Yes. Worth the exorbitant overcharging? **** no.

Fruit Ninja
09-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Yeah, 450 for a used one is a bit much. I mean, i would try to get 450 if i could as well. lol I would just wait and get a dell on sale for about 400.

Short Leash Hootie
09-02-2008, 01:58 AM
so does a Mac with 512 MB of RAM run as fast as a PC with 3 GB of RAM? Is that their claim? Is it true? I'm really curious.

Count Alex's Losses
09-02-2008, 01:59 AM
so does a Mac with 512 MB of RAM run as fast as a PC with 3 GB of RAM? Is that their claim? Is it true? I'm really curious.

No. Anyone that claims that is a deluded Mac fanboy.

unlurking
09-02-2008, 03:14 AM
as a PC loyalist, would someone explain to me what the benefit of a Mac is? I'm good enough with computers to not have any bloated software or download any viruses...etc...

I just don't get why I'd want to spend as much on a 12" Macbook with 512 MB or RAM when I can spend the same on a 15.4" HP with 3 GB Ram and 200 GB harddrive...

What am I missing? I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to read some of the benefits of a Mac if you know what you're doing on a PC?`

All I've ever heard is a Mac doesn't have bloated software and you don't get viruses...I can already do that on PC and pay less and get better specs...

I just don't get it.
For me, it was having a supported flavor of *nix as a desktop. After running Slackware as a personal OS for so many years, I got sick of maintaining it. Although if they ever again decided to license the OS, I'd drop the hardware in a second. The hardware tax for Mac does suck ass.

unlurking
09-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Agreed, $450 for a used MB is way over priced. For some reason though, Macs hold there resale value. There like Honda Civics. Beat the shit out of it, and some sucker will still overpay because it's a Honda Civic.

Jewish Rabbi
09-02-2008, 03:19 AM

Supposedly they get more out of their RAM than a PC does, but that is definately an extreme example anyway. I've never really seen much benefit to a Mac, but to be fair, the only time I've used them is at school. Those all sucked, but it could have been due to our shitty network/abuse by users who don't know what the hell they're doing.

However, last year when I was our school's webmaster, the Mac I worked on was awesome. Ran Dreamweaver and Photoshop like a dream, never had any problems with it, and I was the only one who used that computer. But a PC might have done the job just as well...I don't know, I didn't get that chance.

I still bought a PC for college. If I get the money I'd like to build a desktop to go along with my laptop so I can do some video editing.

Buehler445
09-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I think it depends on what you do. A friend of mine owns a photo studio and does some advertizing and editing aslo, said that he wouldn't trade his mac for any PC on the market. I have no idea why, but he was pretty explicit that for his functionality, mac was the way to go.

As far as what I do, just basic internet and office functions, a PC works well for me. I've used a mac and could see no discernable difference in performance of those tasks. If anything, a PC worked better for me because I was more familiar with it.

Posted via Mobile Device