or

claim Darrell Jackson off waivers

Any suggestions?

Buck
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I would go with Toomer.

HolyHandgernade
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
That's where I was leaning as well. I also have Bryant Johnson from the 49ers, but I have no idea on how ready he is to play.

-HH

Pestilence
09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I would go Moss.

Sure-Oz
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Moss

BigVE
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
That's where I was leaning as well. I also have Bryant Johnson from the 49ers, but I have no idea on how ready he is to play.

-HH

I got Johnson (johnston?) late. He could have a breakout kind of a year with Martz calling the offense...but to this point in his short career he isn't fantasy worthy. Could be a good sleeper pick eventually. Hold onto him for now.

HolyHandgernade
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Well, I went with Moss, thank goodness!

-HH

Pablo
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Well, I went with Moss, thank goodness!

-HHGood deal. I played Moss last night as well. Thank God he provided the only bright spot for the Skins that entire game. Aside from the Solari-esque abuse of Portis.

Pestilence
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Good deal. I played Moss last night as well. Thank God he provided the only bright spot for the Skins that entire game. Aside from the Solari-esque abuse of Portis.

Yeah I have Portis on my team and I'm scared.

Pablo
09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah I have Portis on my team and I'm scared.Yeah, I would be too. That playcalling was just dogsh*t.

1st and 10 - Hand off to Portis
2nd and 7 - Hand off to Portis
3rd and 11 after loss - draw to Portis

I mean, Portis is a durable back and all, but he had a sh*t-ton of carries last year, and I don't know what he had last night, but I'm sure it was in the 25 range. And it would have been more than that had they had the ball more often and not went 3 and out. When they play teams with weaker D's, he'll probably get 35+ carries in a few games.

Pestilence
09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I would be too. That playcalling was just dogsh*t.

1st and 10 - Hand off to Portis
2nd and 7 - Hand off to Portis
3rd and 11 after loss - draw to Portis

I mean, Portis is a durable back and all, but he had a sh*t-ton of carries last year, and I don't know what he had last night, but I'm sure it was in the 25 range. And it would have been more than that had they had the ball more often and not went 3 and out. When they play teams with weaker D's, he'll probably get 35+ carries in a few games.

It was like watching the Chiefs last year.

I have Matt Forte on my team.....so hopefully he can pan out if Portis goes down.

Pablo
09-05-2008, 04:23 PM
It was like watching the Chiefs last year.

I have Matt Forte on my team.....so hopefully he can pan out if Portis goes down.Exactly. It was a carbon copy of the 2007 Chiefs. And we all saw what happened to LJ in 2007 after coming off a huge year with a ton of carries...

Portis is a durable guy, and he doesn't run like LJ, so those both bode well for him; but for f*cks sake, the Skins need to realize it's alright to throw the ball on 2nd and 7 every now and then.

Give your star RB a break, don't just let everyone in the NFL watch you play and know that they only have to put 8 in the box every game because you don't trust your QB enough.

I mean, Jason Campbell is nothing to shout about. I think in the fantasy draft he was the only QB left on the board after the draft that wasn't rated like 200+ or something. He holds onto the ball too long, doesn't progress through reads, and check downs at any oppurtunity. He's like the younger, more athletic version of Damon Huard. And that really worries me as I have Santana as my 3rd WR on both my teams. But oh well.

As far as RB's I have Addai, MJD, Selvin Young on one team and LT, McFadden, Kevin Smith, and Julius Jones. So there's a pretty good chance I'll be effed pretty hard in my RB situation on the second team if either one of the rookies doesn't step up big-time.

Pablo
09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh, and as far as Forte goes, I think he'll do alright for a rookie this season. I mean, Rex Ortonman is their QB. They're going to run the ball..and a lot. And especially with their WR corps too.

Pestilence
09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
My RBs right now are Marshawn Lynch, Clinton Portis, Julius Jones, Matt Forte, Fred Jackson and Ladell Betts. I might dump Fred Jackson and pick up Tim Hightower from the Cardinals after week 1. I'm more inclined to keep Betts the way they're running Portis.

My WRs are actually what's killing me. Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson, Eddie Royal and Kellen Winslow. I can only start 2 WRs and a TE......or 3 WRs and no TE. I still don't know if I should start Colston or Chad Johnson.

Pablo
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
My RBs right now are Marshawn Lynch, Clinton Portis, Julius Jones, Matt Forte, Fred Jackson and Ladell Betts. I might dump Fred Jackson and pick up Tim Hightower from the Cardinals after week 1. I'm more inclined to keep Betts the way they're running Portis.

My WRs are actually what's killing me. Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Santana Moss, Vincent Jackson, Eddie Royal and Kellen Winslow. I can only start 2 WRs and a TE......or 3 WRs and no TE. I still don't know if I should start Colston or Chad Johnson.I'd be leary about starting Johnson until he shows on the field that this injury isn't really hampering him. And it's time for T.J. to step up big this year and maybe become the no. 1 target in Cincy. I dunno.

I'd feel more comfortable with Colston against the Bucs than Johnson against the Ravens. Not to say the Bucs are slouches or anything, they have a good defense.

Pestilence
09-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah I have Andre Johnson, Colston and Winslow starting right now. Hopefully they'll put some decent numbers up for me.

rad
09-05-2008, 06:03 PM
My WR's are T.O., Reggie Wayne, and Santonio Holmes. Hopefully they can carry my weak-ass RB corp of Earnest Graham and Edge.