PDA

View Full Version : Who to take with 6th overall pick?

eazyb81
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm kind of in no man's land with this spot and I have a draft coming up in a few hours. I don't know who will be available, but assuming LT and AP are off the board, who would you take at 6?

chop
09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Depends on your scoring system. If it's ppr than jump on Westbrook if available. Other options are Addai, S. Jackson, & M. Barber. If you're league likes QB's, Manning and Brady will be nice pickups. I don't tend to pickup QB's this high though.

eazyb81
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
It's not PPR, it's essentially a standard Yahoo system.

Would you take Barber over Gore?

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I had the 6th pick in a 12-team league and it went as follows:

1. LT
2. Brady
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Westbrook
5. Randy Moss

So I took Steven Jackson at #6.

chop
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
It's not PPR, it's essentially a standard Yahoo system.

Would you take Barber over Gore?

That's a close call. Gore let me down last year and he's injury prone. On the other hand Barber hasn't been a full time starter. Both play in nice offenses and are decent backs. I think I would lean towards Gore.

eazyb81
09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Also, what would you consider a league that likes QBs? Here is our scoring outside of defense and field goals:

Passing Yards (30 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-3)
Sacks (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (15 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)

chop
09-03-2008, 03:10 PM

1. LT
2. Brady
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Westbrook
5. Randy Moss

Jackson at 6 is a nice pick.

eazyb81
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM

1. LT
2. Brady
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Westbrook
5. Randy Moss

I'd love that scenario - I'm really high on SJax this year.

chop
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Do your QB's get penalized for getting sacked or is that a stat for the defense?

3 points per int would make me shy away from the QB's. The .5 point per reception is a nice feature. If Westbrook, Jackson, or Gore are available I would select one of them. In that order.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd love that scenario - I'm really high on SJax this year.

I didn't really want SJax going into the draft but I couldn't not take him there. Actually, pick #5 was assigned SJax since the owner was running late so I was going to take Frank Gore at #6 (I'm really high on him this year), but the owner phoned in and switched it to Moss allowing Jackson to fall to me.

Pestilence
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Jackson, Gore or Addai are good picks at #6.

chop
Jackson was one of my keepers this year so I hope he does good for me.

eazyb81
Do your QB's get penalized for getting sacked or is that a stat for the defense?

Yes, penalites for getting sacked. I know, it's kind of odd.

3 points per int would make me shy away from the QB's. The .5 point per reception is a nice feature. If Westbrook, Jackson, or Gore are available I would select one of them. In that order.

Great, thanks! I've been busy with school this year and have been slacking on my FF knowledge up to this point.

BigVE
09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
You can't go wrong with the advice already given. My opinion would be if Addai is there I would take him over Sjax.

Ceej
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
How many players were in the draft?

I'd target Barber. He was there at #6 in a 10 man draft. I think he's in for a big year.

I'd take him over Gore. It just depends which Mike Martz in OC'ing in San Fran.

eazyb81
09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Well, I ended up with Steven Jackson, who I took over Gore and Barber. I'm pretty happy with this pick, as I'm high on SJax this year.

Also, I came away with LJ in the 2nd, which I was very happy about at the time but am now thinking it may have been a biased pick. I'm not sure the line is improved much more than last year, so why should his numbers improve?

Pablo
09-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, I ended up with Steven Jackson, who I took over Gore and Barber. I'm pretty happy with this pick, as I'm high on SJax this year.

Also, I came away with LJ in the 2nd, which I was very happy about at the time but am now thinking it may have been a biased pick. I'm not sure the line is improved much more than last year, so why should his numbers improve?Well this preseason he at least attempts to get North-South instead of pitter-pattering behind the line and falling down.

I think he realizes after last year he can't rely on the line to make holes for him, and he'll have to take what he can get. Plus, with this new zone blocking system all of our RB's should thrive.

DaKCMan AP
09-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Also, I came away with LJ in the 2nd, which I was very happy about at the time but am now thinking it may have been a biased pick. I'm not sure the line is improved much more than last year, so why should his numbers improve?

I was going to take LJ in the 2nd round in my league to go along with SJax but since the guy in front of me left him available I took TO instead.

eazyb81
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Well this preseason he at least attempts to get North-South instead of pitter-pattering behind the line and falling down.

I think he realizes after last year he can't rely on the line to make holes for him, and he'll have to take what he can get. Plus, with this new zone blocking system all of our RB's should thrive.

Yeah, the ZBS gives me hope. Also I live outside KC so I haven't had a chance to see him in any games yet. Hopefully Gailey can utilize his strengths and get him in the endzone.

Valiant
09-10-2008, 10:57 AM

Would have been awesome two years ago..

I am just not sure if Jackson or LJ will even be in the top 15 this year with the way their teams are being coached.. I would have taken Barber for the sheer fact that he is on an offensive machine..