PDA

View Full Version : Elections NY Post Endorses John McCain For President

recxjake
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM

Bowser
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
"Klaus is a moron, and knows all he knows from reading the New York Post."

(Jake probably doesn't get this reference)

banyon
09-08-2008, 09:21 AM
The McCain campaign can rest easy now.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
This will piss off a bunch of liberal democrats in NYC.........

Chiefnj2
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
The creator of the Fox News Channel has a paper that endorses a Republican? Wow. That is surprising.

Chief Henry
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
The creator of the Fox News Channel has a paper that endorses a Republican? Wow. That is surprising.

and the NY Times, LA Times, Chicagoe Tribune and many others will endorse
the empty suit known as Barry Nobama.

Bowser
09-08-2008, 10:32 AM
This will piss off a bunch of liberal democrats in NYC.........

Why?

jAZ
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
POST ENDORSES JOHN MCCAIN
Jake: "Hey guys! You believe this?!!!?!"

http://web.tiscali.it/kribo/Nykoping/Sunrise%202.jpg

:p

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
and the NY Times, LA Times, Chicagoe Tribune and many others will endorse
the empty suit known as Barry Nobama.

empty suit=dumb

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Not surprising, really.

Just like the Boston Globe, SF Chronicle, LA Times, and Chicago Trib will endorse Obama.

IMHO, newspapers shouldn't endorse anyone either way, but they do.

banyon
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Why not?

ChiTown
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Not surprising, really.

Just like the Boston Globe, SF Chronicle, LA Times, and Chicago Trib will endorse Obama.

Agreed.

Report the ****ing news and stop trying to make it.

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Why not?

Because there are too many lemmings in the American public who are swayed by them. Not a lot....but even 1 or 2% is too much, IMHO.

HolmeZz
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Why the hell are you going to pimp a newspaper endorsement after the Republicans spent their whole convention trashing the media?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Not surprising, really.

I will let newspapers endorse as long as Churches with their tax free status can endorse.

jAZ
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I will let newspapers endorse as long as Churches with their tax free status can endorse.

I don't see the connection.

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
EES SO REEEEEEAL!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YBazo5uciVc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YBazo5uciVc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't see the connection.

Neither should, as Kotter pointed out about newspapers. But if we're talking about institutions that can endorse, I'm more fine with newspapers than tax-free religious institutions.

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM

Interesting you should bring that up....churches can have their tax exempt status taken away for partisan activities. I'm fine with that. Although libs should be careful what they wish for on that note, given the political activities of liberal churches that don't seem to garner the same attention in the media as conservative churches who seemingly blurr the line.

I also think if the FCC had some incentives/coercive measures to keep the media "non-partisan" as well...that might be a good thing too.

:D

jAZ
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Interesting you should bring that up....churches can have their tax exempt status taken away for partisan activities. I'm fine with that.

I also think if the FCC had some incentives/coercive measures to keep the media "non-partisan" as well...that might be a good thing too.

Did Kotter just endorse a new "fairness doctrine"?

OMG!

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Interesting you should bring that up....churches can have their tax exempt status taken away for partisan activities. I'm fine with that.

Well, I haven't seen any church actually have their status revoked. Am I missing an example?

But otherwise, I agree with you about the principle of keeping things non-partisan ESPECIALLY if they're TAX FREE.

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, I haven't seen any church actually have their status revoked. Am I missing an example?

But otherwise, I agree with you about the principle of keeping things non-partisan ESPECIALLY if they're TAX FREE.

There have been some instances, IIRC; it's not common, but it's happened I think.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
There have been some instances, IIRC; it's not common, but it's happened I think.

The instance that comes to mind where no action was taken was that archbishop telling people they shouldn't vote for Kerry because he was pro-choice. That, in my mind, is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. He said everything except "We the Catholic Church endorse Bush".

StcChief
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
The instance that comes to mind where no action was taken was that archbishop telling people they shouldn't vote for Kerry because he was pro-choice. That, in my mind, is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. He said everything except "We the Catholic Church endorse Bush". so the church just reminds it's members to vote with their MORALS? :shrug: and the problem is what?

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
This will piss off a bunch of liberal democrats in NYC.........No it won't, the liberals don't read the post, it is one step up from the National Enquirer and equal to the Washington Time, while everyone is reading the NYT and Washington Post.

Donger
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems so quaint that:

1) There are still newspapers.

2) They still endorse candidates.

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Did Kotter just endorse a new "fairness doctrine"?

OMG!ROFLROFLROFL He did, he did