PDA

View Full Version : Elections The RNC Convention Summarized

gblowfish
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Easy to follow and fun. Nice tidy summary of the Republican Convention in St. Paul....y'know, just in case you missed anything:

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/top10/351

BucEyedPea
09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
like....
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/top10/08/351_conv02-07.jpg

kcvet
09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
well at least the RNC didn't throw their American flags in the trash like Osama and his god damned ****in' Nazi storm troopers did...............:D

BucEyedPea
09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
well at least the RNC didn't throw their American flags in the trash like Osama and his god damned ****in' Nazi storm troopers did...............:D

That turned out to be a false report.
However, I'd say the RNC convention was more like a Nuremberg rally.
The real RNC Convention took place down the street.

Ari Chi3fs

oh you mean the US flags that the Republican Party STOLE from the Invesco?

BucEyedPea
oh you mean the US flags that the Republican Party STOLE from the Invesco?

Yup! Those are the ones, made in China.

gblowfish
09-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Ari: I love your bumper sticker. Updated it just a smidge...

RINGLEADER
09-08-2008, 08:49 AM
DNC convention = 5-6 point bounce
RNC convention = 8-13 point bounce, energizes the base, almost entirely wipes out Obama's gender advantage (according to the two polls with cross-tabs on the question), and neutralizes Obama's chief platform (namely that McCain = Bush).

Politically, I'd take the RNC convention.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
DNC convention = 5-6 point bounce
RNC convention = 8-13 point bounce, energizes the base, almost entirely wipes out Obama's gender advantage (according to the two polls with cross-tabs on the question), and neutralizes Obama's chief platform (namely that McCain = Bush).

Politically, I'd take the RNC convention.

I wonder what changed? I mean the speech was identical to Bush's in 04....

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
That turned out to be a false report.
However, I'd say the RNC convention was more like a Nuremberg rally.
The real RNC Convention took place down the street.

and the DNC was was more like an Al-Qaeda convention. it was false????? ask the boy scouts who recovered the trash.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:06 AM
democraps: no drill. pay higher gas prices.
GOP: do it now
America: drill or else

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I wonder what changed? I mean the speech was identical to Bush's in 04....

get a grip. Bush doesn't even like McCain. he's to liberal.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
uh oh libs

WASHINGTON — John McCain bested Barack Obama 50-46 percent among registered voters in the latest USA Today/Gallup poll, jumping 11 points over his previous showing and taking his biggest lead since January.

McCain’s showing is credited in part to a well-received Republican Convention last week fueled largely by the surprise pick of McCain’s vice presidential running mate, Sarah Palin. The numbers out Monday show McCain wiped out a 7-point lead Obama received after the Democratic convention two weeks ago.

The numbers are drawing scorn in the Chicago headquarters of Obama for President.

“Up or down, we believe national polls are meaningless,” Obama spokesman Bill Burton told FOX News.

Other Democrats, some of whom support and occassionally advise Obama, and others on the outside view the numbers as a startling reversal of fortune and a sign of potential danger to come.

While it’s true Obama’s campaign has invested little energy in analyzing national polls, it has closely tracked two national numbers: is Obama ahead of McCain on the econmoy and is he an agent of “change.”

Monday’s USA Today poll shows McCain has closed the week-before advantage on the economy from 19 points in Obama’s favor to just 3 points now.

Three Democrats contacted by FOX News called this a seriously negative development, one they believe the Obama camp must reverse in the coming week.

The Obama camp had no comment on the junior senator from Illinois’ sudden loss of momentum on economic matters and what, if any, changes in strategy it might trigger.

Democrats say they are more enthusiastic than Republicans to vote this year. However, that number had been a 20-point differential with Democratic enthusiasm peaking at 67 percent compared to Republicans at 47 percent. Now, 60 percent of Republicans say they are enthusiastic.

This rise in GOP enthusiasm is again credited to Palin. The Alaska governor’s widely seen speech at the convention was hailed by many conservatives in the party. Palin is scheduled this week to do her first national television interview.

The announcement of her interview caps a weeks of intense press scrutiny of Palin, who has been accused of having little international experience and exaggerating her reformer credentials.

McCain’s campaign has lashed out at coverage of Palin and her family, while Democrats have questioned why the candidate has not been put directly before reporters to answer questions.

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis earlier complained that the media has focused too much on 44-year-old Palin’s personal life. Many of those stories came after McCain’s campaign announced that Palin’s unwed 17-year-old daughter was pregnant.

“Why would we want to throw Sarah Palin into a cycle of piranhas called the news media that have nothing better to ask questions about than her personal life and her children?” Davis said on FOX News. “So until at which point in time we feel like the news media is going to treat her with some level of respect and deference, I think it would be foolhardy to put her out into that kind of environment.”

Palin’s Democratic counterpart, Sen. Joe Biden, a veteran of the Sunday talk show circuit, said she delivered a great speech at the convention, but “her silence on the issues was deafening.”

“She didn’t mention a word about health care, a word about the environment, a word about the middle class. They never parted her lips … so I don’t know where she is on those things.”

The two are scheduled to debate each other on Oct. 2.

McCain adviser Mark Salter said Palin had not been sent out to campaign on her own because McCain enjoyed the excitement she was injecting into his campaign.

“They’re having a good time. We were riding a lot of momentum coming out of the convention. The crowds were large,” said Salter. “The senator himself thought they should continue on for a few days.”
Click here to read the Gallup poll results.

who got the bounce?????

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
OH NO, NOT A COMPLETELY ANTICIPATED CONVENTION BOUNCE THAT WILL FADE WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!

/me slits wrists

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
the DNC had anticipated by now Osama would be far enough ahead to win. the lights are burning late at the party HQ. hmmmmm

BigChiefFan
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Ari: I love your bumper sticker. Updated it just a smidge...

Freakin' awesome!!!!

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
get a grip. Bush doesn't even like McCain. he's to liberal.

nah he's pissed that McCain wants some of the big oil money

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
nah he's pissed that McCain wants some of the big oil money

he might. Palin wants to open the north slope. good for her !!!!! drill

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
he might. Palin wants to open the north slope. good for her !!!!! drill

I wonder if that'll be before or after they secede. 3

FWIW that better not screw up ice road truckers

kcvet
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I wonder if that'll be before or after they secede. 3

FWIW that better not screw up ice road truckers

I wonder if that'll be before or after Osama secede's???? :)

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 09:57 AM
:spock:

BigChiefFan
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Pull your head out of your ass now. PALIN and her husband are the ****ing unpatriotic douches.

Chief Henry
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
OH NO, NOT A COMPLETELY ANTICIPATED CONVENTION BOUNCE THAT WILL FADE WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!

/me slits wrists

Obamas bounce faided with in hours....ROFL

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Obamas bounce faided with in hours....ROFL

are you talking about the fabric sheets?

Direckshun
09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/top10/08/351_conv02-12.jpg

hahahahaha

Direckshun
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/top10/08/351_conv03-12.jpg

Direckshun
09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/top10/08/351_conv04-11.jpg

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
that was pretty good

Friendo
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

bkkcoh
09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/top10/08/351_conv03-12.jpg

I thought that should have been from the DNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BucEyedPea
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
and the DNC was was more like an Al-Qaeda convention. it was false????? ask the boy scouts who recovered the trash.

You apparently haven't kept up with the latest news, this was debunked in another thread. It was some Fox news reporters on the grounds who falsely reported those Chinese-made flags as being in the trash to others. So the Boy Scouts operated on a false report. It happens. Those flags were not in the trash but wrapped in trash bags for storage for later use elsewhere.

Ever use giant trash bags to carry stuff around in or for storage? I have.
Doesn't make the contents garbage.

McCainepublicans caught trafficking in stolen merchandise-Thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190798)

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Obamas bounce faided with in hours....ROFLThe presidential candidate whose party has their convention last typically has their bounce last for 2-4 weeks (while at the same time quickly negating the bounce for the party that went first), and the numbers almost always slide back down to where they were before the conventions.

This is not rocket science.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
My favorite was the Huckabee one. I wonder if he includes himself in religious extremists....

Calcountry
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

/me slits wrists
How long did your bounce last?

No, I perceive this is something more, as in, McCain found a way to add in dissafected conservatives who were "undecided" until he put Palin on the ticket. Of course, she was at the top of my short list and I and many conservatives like me are thrilled.

Far cry from Super duper Tuesday when were were deflated, discouraged, and a buch of vagabonds in exile with no voice to champion our cause.

GAME CHANGER DUDE.

Calcountry
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
The presidential candidate whose party has their convention last typically has their bounce last for 2-4 weeks (while at the same time quickly negating the bounce for the party that went first), and the numbers almost always slide back down to where they were before the conventions.

Then why don't the dumbacrats go last then?

Dick Bull
09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Then why don't the dumbacrats go last then?

first the polls will even out and in some accounts have--no big deal

and second someone has too

kcvet
09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Pull your head out of your ass now. PALIN and her husband are the ****ing unpatriotic douches.

proof please????? or is this your head up your ass opinion???? Osama i will remind you has no idea how many states are in the union. and he 's done what in 4 years. and served in who's miltary???? he's the tampon, Biden is the douche

StcChief
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM

/me slits wrists please do.

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Then why don't the dumbacrats go last then?Don't they rotate?

Chief Henry
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
The presidential candidate whose party has their convention last typically has their bounce last for 2-4 weeks (while at the same time quickly negating the bounce for the party that went first), and the numbers almost always slide back down to where they were before the conventions.

Barry should be up by 10 not McCain - but then again look at the poll numbers for the Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reed Congress and Senate. They have the WORST numbers evaah and thats hurting Barry.

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Barry should be up by 10 not McCain And Chief Henry should have been aborted. Can't win 'em all.

Direckshun
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
proof please????? or is this your head up your ass opinion???? Osama i will remind you has no idea how many states are in the union. and he 's done what in 4 years. and served in who's miltary???? he's the tampon, Biden is the douche

You are adorable.