PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama calls Clinton for help, cost 20 million ....

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
ROFL http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080908/pl_politico/13232

5. Will Hillary really help?

Obama needs Hillary Clinton on the trail – less to offset Palin than to deliver working-class whites who became her base during the primaries.

Exactly how much she’ll be used is up in the air. Obama’s people have presented Clinton with a list of places and dates. She’s amenable – under two conditions. First, she refuses to be a “Sarah Palin attack dog,” according to a person close to her. Second, she wants Obama campaign events to coincide with fundraisers to retire her $20 million-plus debt.

And what role will Bill Clinton play?

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Obama needs Hillary Clinton on the trail – less to offset Palin than to deliver working-class whites who became her base during the primaries.

Exactly how much she’ll be used is up in the air. Obama’s people have presented Clinton with a list of places and dates. She’s amenable – under two conditions. First, she refuses to be a “Sarah Palin attack dog,” according to a person close to her. Second, she wants Obama campaign events to coincide with fundraisers to retire her $20 million-plus debt.

How do you get that will cost Obama $20 million?

Cave Johnson
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Roy's like a reading comprehension ninja.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
IN MY OPINION Hillary is old news, she doesn't truly want Obama to win... she wants to run in 12.

there I fixed your post

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Roy's like a reading comprehension ninja.

dude that's a beverly hills ninja, reading comprehension ninjas were the ones that were on saturday morning cartoons

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM

I dunno , Something about a 20 million dollar debt ? ( retire + coincide )

BTW, she really is wanting to help ........

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Roy can't read. Water is wet.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
to occupy exactly corresponding or equivalent positions on a scale or in a series ?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Roy, do you know what "coincide" means?

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM

she's been wanting his help to pay off her debt for a long time, nothing new

basically she's wanting to hold a fundraiser for him and herself at the same time

She would be pulling in the donations, roy, not obama

come on man, you've got better stuff in you than this

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
no need for logic...... politics as usual ..... ...

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
no need for logic...... politics as usual ..... ...

I'm not sure if this falls into politics are illiteracy

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
she's been wanting his help to pay off her debt for a long time, nothing new

basically she's wanting to hold a fundraiser for him and herself at the same time

She would be pulling in the donations, roy, not obama

So she wants help to pay the debt.........

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
So she wants help to pay the debt.........

She wants to help Obama if she can stage a fundraiser for her own campaign along with it. To cover her losses.

It's really not that hard.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
She wants to help Obama if she can stage a fundraiser for her own campaign along with it. To cover her losses.

Anyway you want to spin this, she is asking for help to cover the debt, period .

That's what I find funny, she doesn't want to help as much as some say .

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Anyway you want to spin this, she is asking for help to cover the debt, period .

No one is spinning anything except you.

I just find it funny you can't read or comprehend. Or both.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 12:13 PM

Roy she wants to hold a fundraiser for her as well as obama at the same time

JFC, that's what coincide means "to occupy the same place in space or time"

1. She is holding the fundraiser
2. How in the hell do you know what hillary wants?
3. If anyone pays the debt it will not be Obama, it will be with money she raised for her and Obama

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM

So Clinton can't draw the money of her owns ? She has to use Obama name to draw in 20 million .......... Yep, I would say that to the tune of 20 million, Hillary really wants to help .........

Hillary : Hey Barrak , help me with a fundraiser so that I can pay back this 20 million, OBTW, that 20 milion to get the this bitch on your side. Get it ......

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
So Clinton can't draw the money of her owns ? She has to use Obama name to draw in 20 million .......... Yep, I would say that to the tune of 20 million, Hillary really wants to help .........

Hillary : Hey Barrak , help me with a fundraiser so that I can pay back this 20 million, OBTW, that 20 milion to get the this bitch on your side. Get it ......

No. See, that would be spin.

Merely asking Obama to coincide his events with her FUNDRAISING is not asking for Obama to help pay her 20 million. She's just asking for a bit of help for the debt she incurred.

And it's pretty moot because I think she'll help anyway seeing as she really wants to be the first woman. Palin really challenges that.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM

dead horse, how is he helping her

she's holding the fundraiser

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
No. See, that would be spin.

Merely asking Obama to coincide his events with her FUNDRAISING is not asking for Obama to help pay her 20 million. She's just asking for a bit of help for the debt she incurred.

And it's pretty moot because I think she'll help anyway seeing as she really wants to be the first woman. Palin really challenges that.

BS, that saying, Give me or help me with my debt, I'll help you ..... ROFL

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Sounds more like Clinton needs 20 million, calls Obama.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
BS, that saying, Give me or help me with my debt, I'll help you ..... ROFL

Help with debt is not paying said debt, which is what you were saying originally.

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I could be wrong but once the nominee is official the primary season is over and whatever debt a candidate had can not be paid down.

The reason why I state that is because several stories said she had until Sept 1 to pay down her debt.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Help with debt is not paying said debt, which is what you were saying originally.

I never once said Hillary wants Obama to pay it ........ show me where I said that in the starter thread post

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Maybe the bolded response to Jdiddy's post:

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Question : Why can't Hillary do it herself, she made the debt. Why does she have to have Obama's help ? But to make said statement for help, he must do this , that is asking for help, period, no other way you can get around that.

Duck Dog
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if this falls into politics are illiteracy

:shake:

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Question : Why can't Hillary do it herself, she made the debt. Why does she have to have Obama's help ? But to make said statement for help, he must do this , that is asking for help, period, no other way you can get around that.

Which is not what you originally implied. Your thread title says it all. You thought it would cost 20 million to get help from Hillary.

That's not what it said at all.

You really have no other way around that.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Maybe the bolded response to Jdiddy's post:

Retire ....... Hillary has debt .... check

Coincide ......... Hillary needs help, hold Obama hostage, you want my help, you help me .

Hillary is really all aboard the Obama Express ........

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Retire ....... Hillary has debt .... check

Coincide ......... Hillary needs help, hold Obama hostage, you want my help, you help me .

Hillary is really all aboard the Obama Express ........

Yes, but the connection that Obama is retiring her debt is not applicable, which is what your thread title said. And your response to Jdiddy's post confirmed.

So, really, you're trying to spin around your own spin.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Which is not what you originally implied. Your thread title says it all. You thought it would cost 20 million to get help from Hillary.

That's not what it said at all.

You really have no other way around that.

Where does it say that I said Hillary demand Obama to pay the debt ?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Where does it say that I said Hillary demand Obama to pay the debt ?

I don't know, perhaps:

Obama calls Clinton for help, cost 20 million.

And then confirming it with your response to Jdiddy asking where you got the idea Obama was paying the 20 million.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, but the connection that Obama is retiring her debt is not applicable, which is what your thread title said. And your response to Jdiddy's post confirmed.

So, really, you're trying to spin around your own spin.

Again, I, personally did not say it, I just put up ....... cost 20 million.....

Which is her debt, a debt she holding Obama to help her with for a return favor of campaigning for him.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Again, I, personally did not say it, I just put up ....... cost 20 million.....

Which is her debt, a debt she holding Obama to help her with for a return favor of campaigning for him.

ROFL

nothing to see here.... politics as usual..... .

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't know, perhaps:

Obama calls Clinton for help, cost 20 million.

And then confirming it with your response to Jdiddy asking where you got the idea Obama was paying the 20 million.

OK look, I was laughing about Hillary holding Obama for his help, to get her help.

But one can clearly look at it this way as well..... That's 20 million Obama can't use towards his campaign just to get her help. He is lending himself out to help her pay off a debt, just to get some help in return, which is why I laughed. Obots were so convinced that Hillary was on the Obama ticket
after the convention. She has the 3 P's to up hold here , her principals , priorities and pride.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
ROFL

nothing to see here.... politics as usual..... .

Answer this : Why can't Hillary work her own fund raiser for this ?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Answer this : Why can't Hillary work her own fund raiser for this ?

She can.

Politics as usual: you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

How does this surprise non-partisan Roy who always claims politics as usual?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
OK look, I was laughing about Hillary holding Obama for his help, to get her help.

But one can clearly look at it this way as well..... That's 20 million Obama can't use towards his campaign just to get her help. He is lending himself out to help her pay off a debt, just to get some help in return, which is why I laughed. Obots were so convinced that Hillary was on the Obama ticket
after the convention. She has the 3 P's to up hold here , her principals , priorities and pride.

There it is again. You think he's paying the debt.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
There it is again. You think he's paying the debt.

No, he's selling himself like a french whore to help here raise it, just so he can get her to help, when she said she would do everything within her power to help elect Barrak Obama as the next POTUS on live TV.

That's party unity ....... Hillary holding out until Obama comes to here defense.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
No, he's selling himself like a french whore to help here raise it, just so he can get her to help, when she said she would do everything within her power to help elect Barrak Obama as the next POTUS on live TV.

That's party unity ....... Hillary holding out until Obama comes to here defense.

:shake:

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/14/mccain-helping-to-pay-off_n_96584.html

So the dems have to buy them supporters huh?

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM

I think NObama needs Hillary more than she needs him. The moron almost forgot to mention he's raising money for her at a fundraiser for her. With help like that then she's not going to benefit much from him.

But he NEEDS her to help him win the POTUS. If I were her I'd make him grovel. ROFL He was so certain he could win this without her...let him.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
How does this surprise non-partisan Roy who always claims politics as usual?

Roy's about as non-partisan as Shtsprayer.

And a helluva lot dumber.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/14/mccain-helping-to-pay-off_n_96584.html

So the dems have to buy them supporters huh?

One is helping one while the other is demanding help for help .......

Somebody is desperate ..........

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Roy's about as non-partisan as Shtsprayer.

And a helluva lot dumber.

Hey you, you fell off your horse, get back up a ride away . :D

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM

are you ****ing serious?

Okay now i'm convinced an elephant shit in your head

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Apparently, you suck at analogies.

Your analogy would be true if it read:

One is getting help paying for help down the road while the other is being asked to help pay for help down the road.

|Zach|
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM

False.

|Zach|
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
are you ****ing serious?

Okay now i'm convinced an elephant shit in your head

He just isn't very smart.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
False.

I tried to have a little faith

|Zach|
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I tried to have a little faith
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uU1zaT-Qq0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uU1zaT-Qq0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Apparently, you suck at analogies.

Your analogy would be true if it read:

One is getting help paying for help down the road while the other is being asked to help pay for help down the road.

Hello .......

Likely GOP presidential nominee John McCain wants to help former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani pay off his primary campaign debt, a McCain staff e-mail shows.

McCain manager Rick Davis has e-mailed the senator's top fundraisers asking that they help Giuliani retire the debt he incurred before dropping out of the Republican primary race, The Politico reported Monday.

"While this is an unusual request, it is extremely important for the McCain campaign and the party," Davis wrote. "We need to help Mayor Giuliani retire his debt as soon as possible so we can move forward with everyone spending 100 percent of their time helping to get John McCain in the White House.

Where Hillary is ..........

Holding out until he helps .

You do not see a difference this makes ?

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Hello .......

Likely GOP presidential nominee John McCain wants to help former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani pay off his primary campaign debt, a McCain staff e-mail shows.

McCain manager Rick Davis has e-mailed the senator's top fundraisers asking that they help Giuliani retire the debt he incurred before dropping out of the Republican primary race, The Politico reported Monday.

"While this is an unusual request, it is extremely important for the McCain campaign and the party," Davis wrote. "We need to help Mayor Giuliani retire his debt as soon as possible so we can move forward with everyone spending 100 percent of their time helping to get John McCain in the White House.

this was in May

spin this
appears this was in the works quite a bit sooner than you make it seem

checkmate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/08/obama-camp-faces-major-ob_n_100928.html

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello .......

You are talking about McCain helping Guliani. That's the NOMINEE helping the DEBTOR.

Next you bold Hillary who is the DEBTOR wanting to coincide with Obama's events to help her pay her debt. That's a DEBTOR requesting HELP for HELP.

NOMINEE helping DEBTOR vs. DEBTOR requesting HELP for HELP

NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneeleventybillion

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
this was in May

spin this
appears this was in the works quite a bit sooner than you make it seem

checkmate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/08/obama-camp-faces-major-ob_n_100928.html

That would do just this, the article I pulled off Yahoo did not have anything to do with the previous one, huff and post .

So I ask this, If Obama was clearly on Hillary's side, why does she have to ask for help ?

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
You are talking about McCain helping Guliani. That's the NOMINEE helping the DEBTOR.

Next you bold Hillary who is the DEBTOR wanting to coincide with Obama's events to help her pay her debt. That's a DEBTOR requesting HELP for HELP.

NOMINEE helping DEBTOR vs. DEBTOR requesting HELP for HELP

NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneeleventybillion

Look, the article stated that Hillary was basically willing to help under the following circumstances , Not the Palin attack dog and needing help with her debt.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
That would do just this, the article I pulled off Yahoo did not have anything to do with the previous one, huff and post .

So I ask this, If Obama was clearly on Hillary's side, why does she have to ask for help ?

its pretty common actually

see giuliani and mccain

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 02:13 PM
its pretty common actually

see giuliani and mccain

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9403E1DE1138F935A35756C0A962948260

and heres another instance

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Look, the article stated that Hillary was basically willing to help under the following circumstances , Not the Palin attack dog and needing help with her debt.

So how is that the same to J Diddy's article with McCain?

Exactly. It's not.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Ya know,the whole purpose of this thread was , I found it funny that Clinton proclaimed to be all for Obama, anything and everything to get elected. Then she demands certain stipulations to get her help........

Hey Barrak, you want my help, Yeah, help me get rid of this debt, I'll work for you.

Again, If Obama was clearly wanting to help Hillary she wouldn't of had to ask or demand for help.

Donger
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Meh. It's just politics. Quid pro quo.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Ya know,the whole purpose of this thread was , I found it funny that Clinton proclaimed to be all for Obama, anything and everything to get elected. Then she demands certain stipulations to get her help........

Hey Barrak, you want my help, Yeah, help me get rid of this debt, I'll work for you.

Again, If Obama was clearly wanting to help Hillary she wouldn't of had to ask or demand for help.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

This is coming from the guy who can spot politics as usual as far out as anybody and claims both sides do it.

I'm just shocked.....

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
So how is that the same to J Diddy's article with McCain?

Exactly. It's not.

McCain offered ........ my guess is it's done, I dunno .Maybe it isn't, I don't see Rudy demanding, yet .

Obama offered ...... didn't follow thru, Hillary now is demanding ?

I see a difference .

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

This is coming from the guy who can spot politics as usual as far out as anybody and claims both sides do it.

I'm just shocked.....

You are missing the point of the whole thread ....... Hillary spoke at the convention of full support, but now only until certain items are addressed.

That's the funny part ...... that's not what you call party unity. She asked for the help, using Obama's name to settle a debt, in return, she will campaign for him.

Logical
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I could be wrong but once the nominee is official the primary season is over and whatever debt a candidate had can not be paid down.

The reason why I state that is because several stories said she had until Sept 1 to pay down her debt.I think the Clinton's put 20 mil of their own money in, I am not sure the same rules apply. Anyone know?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:38 PM
You are missing the point of the whole thread ....... Hillary spoke at the convention of full support, but now only until certain items are addressed.

That's the funny part ...... that's not what you call party unity. She asked for the help, using Obama's name to settle a debt, in return, she will campaign for him.

Funny because it's the Democrats. Politics as usual if it's the Republicans.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 02:42 PM

that's a nice assumption, could you please show me where she said that she wouldn't campaign for him unless he helped her pay the debt

Sometimes it just makes more sense to walk away from the grown up table

Logical
09-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Roy quite simply you are wrong, the idea is if the Clintons had a fundraiser scheduled near the campaign stop, she will attend. Campaign stops for the most part are in the day, fundraisers at night. I am sure that some Obama campaign staff are available they will show up to work the rubber chicken circuit with her. But I would bet that Obama and Biden will rarely attend

kcvet
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM

And what role will Bill Clinton play?[/QUOTE]

depends on how bad he wants Osama to win. ask Kerry. Klintons relection staff stepped to to help him look human.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Funny because it's the Democrats. Politics as usual if it's the Republicans.

No it's not. Again, Hillary vowed to help Obama, anyway, anyhow, but now she demands him to help her 1st in order to campaign for him.

I laughed because of that , that is party unity, democrat style . :D

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
that's a nice assumption, could you please show me where she said that she wouldn't campaign for him unless he helped her pay the debt

Sometimes it just makes more sense to walk away from the grown up table

It's the article ......... sheesh .

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Roy quite simply you are wrong, the idea is if the Clintons had a fundraiser scheduled near the campaign stop, she will attend. Campaign stops for the most part are in the day, fundraisers at night. I am sure that some Obama campaign staff are available they will show up to work the rubber chicken circuit with her. But I would bet that Obama and Biden will rarely attend

Only wrong by those who take away or add to the article , Jim.

The article stated, She’s amenable – under two conditions. First, she refuses to be a “Sarah Palin attack dog,” according to a person close to her. Second, she wants Obama campaign events to coincide with fundraisers to retire her $20 million-plus debt.

She's willing under the following conditions ........

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
No it's not. Again, Hillary vowed to help Obama, anyway, anyhow, but now she demands him to help her 1st in order to campaign for him.

I laughed because of that , that is party unity, democrat style . :D

Say something, do another.

It's what you love to catch everyone on when trying to be non-partisan Roy! But then you fail miserably here in recognizing it.
:spock:

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Only wrong by those who take away or add to the article , Jim.

The article stated, She’s amenable – under two conditions. First, she refuses to be a “Sarah Palin attack dog,” according to a person close to her. Second, she wants Obama campaign events to coincide with fundraisers to retire her $20 million-plus debt.

She's willing under the following conditions ........Really you need a basic education on coincide. Others have tried, so I won't waste my time. Oh and forget any claim you had to non-partisan. You definitely wrecked it in this thread.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Really you need a basic education on coincide. Others have tried, so I won't waste my time. Oh and forget any claim you had to non-partisan. You definitely wrecked it in this thread.

Or objective. Or fair. Or above the fray in terms of partisanship.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Really you need a basic education on coincide. Others have tried, so I won't waste my time. Oh and forget any claim you had to non-partisan. You definitely wrecked it in this thread.

Again, why does she have to ask Obama ? If he was clearly wanting to in the beginning, why does she have to ask him .

WHY ?

Because Hillary is a dead draw no for fund raising unless he is with her. She needs him to help her 1st.

I laughed at this ...... that's all. Why is that so hard for anybody to understand .

Clinton is holding Obama to his word in order to get the debt paid 1st.

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Again, why does she have to ask Obama ? If he was clearly wanting to in the beginning, why does she have to ask him .

WHY ?

Because Hillary is a dead draw no for fund raising unless he is with her. She needs him to help her 1st.

I laughed at this ...... that's all. Why is that so hard for anybody to understand .

Clinton is holding Obama to his word in order to get the debt paid 1st.Obviously he is the Messiah, wouldn't you ask your Messiah.:evil:

Logical
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Obviously he is the Messiah, wouldn't you ask your Messiah.:evil:By the way Roy if you were truly non-partisan, you would not give a flying ****.

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Doesn't anybody see that Hillary is still calling the shots here ?

Hillary : You want my help bucko, come over here and help bail me out from the shit you caused me to get in ........

Whatever, I give up ........ Maybe I'm the only one seeing Hillary having the power here in this.

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Link and then push the play button - http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/0/sony-ericsson-k750-ringtones/0-5-0-1-predator+laugh/