PDA

View Full Version : Elections REAL concern over Palin

Alphaman
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Enough of the innuendos and attack on her religious beliefs. Here is a REAL concern over around her inexperience:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/08/palin-makes-her-first-gaf_n_124792.html

SBK
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Uh, the government took those over this weekend. How is this a gaffe?

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Someone sounds like he needs to come in off the ledge. ROFL

Alphaman
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Uh, the government took those over this weekend. How is this a gaffe?

1) She made the statement before the government took them over (read the entire article)

2) Since the government JUST took them over how could they have become too expensive for taxpayers already (again, read the entire article)

Both of these points were addressed in the article.

SBK
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
1) She made the statement before the government took them over (read the entire article)

2) Since the government JUST took them over how could they have become too expensive for taxpayers already (again, read the entire article)

Both of these points were addressed in the article.

You're right. She's toast.

Alphaman
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Someone sounds like he needs to come in off the ledge. ROFL

I believe if you think about it, I'm very fair minded concerning this election. In fact, I've taken the very unpopular view of agreeing with Gov. Palin on quite a few of her views (prayer, the influence of God, abortion, abstinence). However, this appears to be a situation where she clearly doesn't understand what Freddie and Fannie do, thus not really understanding the mortgage system in the US. As the article points out, if she is to be VP or President, she should.

Alphaman
09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
You're right. She's toast.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but I don't know if this means she's toast. Both Obama and McCain have made gaffes as well. The issue is that there is already a sense of anxiety about her experience and knowledge of issues.

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I believe if you think about it, I'm very fair minded concerning this election. In fact, I've taken the very unpopular view of agreeing with Gov. Palin on quite a few of her views (prayer, the influence of God, abortion, abstinence). However, this appears to be a situation where she clearly doesn't understand what Freddie and Fannie do, thus not really understanding the mortgage system in the US. As the article points out, if she is to be VP or President, she should.

The fuggin people who ran Freddie and Frannie didn't even understand WTF they do or were all about. If they did then do you think they'd be in the position they are in???

Come on. This is like NObama's 'My Muslim faith' gaffe. You hear what you want to hear.

It sounds to me like she's prophetic. They did get too big and they are going to cost the taxpayers billions.

SBK
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but I don't know if this means she's toast. Both Obama and McCain have made gaffes as well. The issue is that there is already a sense of anxiety about her experience and knowledge of issues.

I was being sarcastic.

On a side note, I can't believe this whole Freddie Fannie situation. We've given this elite group (the fed) control of our banks, our money and now our real estate. Welcome to the USSA. :grr:

SBK
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
The fuggin people who ran Freddie and Frannie didn't even understand WTF they do or were all about. If they did then do you think they'd be in the position they are in???

Come on. This is like NObama's 'My Muslim faith' gaffe. You hear what you want to hear.

It sounds to me like she's prophetic. They did get too big and they are going to cost the taxpayers billions.

I don't know who you are, but whatever you've done with Denise we will find you out. This post comes from a conservative mindset, and everyone here knows Denise is not a conservative. :)

ROYC75
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
OMG, it's been talked about for weeks that the government and taxpayers were going to eat this debt......

Oh the nerve of her to understand this before it is commented by the government this week.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

I agree with everything here except for the Muslim faith gaffe. If you can't attribute that to horrendous out of context editing, then there's no help for you.

HonestChieffan
09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Obama does NOT want the experience fight...he loses vs Palin. Hands down. No fight.

Alphaman
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
OMG, it's been talked about for weeks that the government and taxpayers were going to eat this debt......

Oh the nerve of her to understand this before it is commented by the government this week.

If she were talking about future tense, then that would be true. But that does not appear to be the case. It appears that she didn't understand how the two institutions operated.

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree with everything here except for the Muslim faith gaffe. If you can't attribute that to horrendous out of context editing, then there's no help for you.

NObama made the statement and it would have sat there unless George Stephapolous fixed it for him. Then the NObama campaign would have had to come out and make some kind of 'clarification' statement.

Thus, the gaffe was not in the editing of the statement but in the wording of it. I think this illustrates once again how unarticulate NObama is without his tellie.

J Diddy
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
NObama made the statement and it would have sat there unless George Stephapolous fixed it for him. Then the NObama campaign would have had to come out and make some kind of 'clarification' statement.

Thus, the gaffe was not in the editing of the statement but in the wording of it. I think this illustrates once again how unarticulate NObama is without his tellie.

you're a vampire aren't you?

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM

No, it's not. It was crystal clear if George didn't interrupt him. Hell, even without seeing the interview or transcript, I was able to deduce exactly what he was doing, how he worded it and what he was shooting down.

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know who you are, but whatever you've done with Denise we will find you out. This post comes from a conservative mindset, and everyone here knows Denise is not a conservative. :)

No, it's not from a conservative mindset. It's from a 'non-committed and no party but me owns my vote' mindset.

If it sounds conservative it's because they got something right for a change and NOT because I'm trying to parrot their talking points.

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM
No, it's not. It was crystal clear if George didn't interrupt him. Hell, even without seeing the interview or transcript, I was able to deduce exactly what he was doing, how he worded it and what he was shooting down.

NObama needs a refresher course or a knock upside the head to realize there are two words he cannot EVER use side by side in the same sentence...

MY MUSILM.

If he has not figured this out by now he's an even bigger moran (CPS) than I thought he was.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
NObama needs a refresher course or a knock upside the head to realize there are two words he cannot EVER use side by side in the same sentence...

MY MUSILM.

If he has not figured this out by now he's an even bigger moran (CPS) than I thought he was.

Yeah, and an intelligent person could tell the difference. I guess average joe is dumb.

jAZ
09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Her comment was completely stupid.

They became too expenisve for taxpayer BECAUSE we bailed them out.

In other words, her comment isn't a gaffe at all. It's someone talking about something they have no clue about. Not even a little.

jAZ
09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
No, it's not from a conservative mindset. It's from a 'non-committed and no party but me owns my vote' mindset.

If it sounds conservative it's because they got something right for a change and NOT because I'm trying to parrot their talking points.
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, and an intelligent person could tell the difference. I guess average joe is dumb.

Yes, American Idol crazed average Joe/Jan are dumb. Hopefully this isn't coming as news to you. :spock:

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

And sing? :D

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, American Idol crazed average Joe/Jan are dumb. Hopefully this isn't coming as news to you. :spock:

As someone who follows politics, you should be able to see why his quote is a a case of severe distortion, but you have not.

Logical
09-08-2008, 02:47 PM

If it sounds conservative it's because they got something right for a change and NOT because I'm trying to parrot their talking points.Wow do you know how selfish you sound. She is a woman so they got this right. Got it.:spock:

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
As someone who follows politics, you should be able to see why his quote is a a case of severe distortion, but you have not.

No, I agree it's a distortion as he bungled his point. Stop pointing fingers at others trying to use his error against him. He should know better by now not to use certain terms that will be taken out of context if he utters them.

He gave those who wish to use those words out of context a brand new clip to use. Who's fault is that????

memyselfI
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow do you know how selfish you sound. She is a woman so they got this right. Got it.:spock:

My comment was in response to SBK and not about Sarah Palin.

I don't think she got anything exactly right or wrong. She said something that was both at the same time. Perhaps her understanding of the situation is post take over which I imagine will be MOST people's understanding of the F&F situation.

If she was addressing the situation pre-takeover, like two months ago, then I think you could clearly see where what she said was wrong.