PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues New secret weapon?

max sleeper
09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I was watching 60 minutes when he said this... what do you guys think? Have you guys heard rumors about any new weapon? Go Chiefs!!!

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/07/1839093-bob-woodward-reveals-existence-of-secret-weapon-in-iraq

Reaper16
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
At least Kris Wilson has a job somewhere.

HC_Chief
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Probably a communications snooping and triangulation system.

Cannibal
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Until I see it, I can't really comment on it. Seems kinda pointless otherwise.

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
America ,F*CK YEAH! Targeting you like the MOTHERF**KING Predator!!..... F**K YEAH!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Amzu-nKzVzM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Amzu-nKzVzM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KC Jones
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Jesus, after watching that video it seems clear I still over estimate George Bush. What a ****ing moron!

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Jesus, after watching that video it seems clear I still over estimate George Bush. What a ****ing moron!

explain

Fish
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I bet it's the "Poop your Pants" gun....

max sleeper
09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I bet it's the "Poop your Pants" gun....

I would have to see that shi..t!:eek: Go Chiefs!

jiveturkey
09-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I saw him talking about it on the Today show this morning (earlier today). I took it as a new tactic and one that was applied when we began the surge.

I didn't suspect a new weapon.

KC Jones
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
explain

It means I misoverestimated him. :)

Did you watch the video? In it Woodward relates that Bush considers body counts as a mechanism for measuring success during a foreign occupation. He's also still lacks any ability to comprehend how citizens of a sovereign foreign nation could hold their occupiers in any light other than liberators.

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Watching Woodward tonight on Larry King he said he couldn't talk about it but from what he says this new weapon\? was one of the reason why the surge worked.

KC Jones
09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Watching Woodward tonight on Larry King he said he couldn't talk about it but from what he says this new weapon\? was one of the reason why the surge worked.

That's so cool!

I can't help think that it isn't a true weapon per se... but must be some sort of information gathering abilities. Maybe we've put into place so much eavesdropping equipment and enough processing power to parse through millions of normal conversations and pick out the important ones? I can't help but wonder what the hell it could be.

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
That's so cool!

I can't help think that it isn't a true weapon per se... but must be some sort of information gathering abilities. Maybe we've put into place so much eavesdropping equipment and enough processing power to parse through millions of normal conversations and pick out the important ones? I can't help but wonder what the hell it could be.

I agree but it seems like some in the military are not liking this weapon or whatever it is. He said he spoke to a general about this new weapon and he said the blood actually left his face and he told Woodward he couldn't talk about it. I am curious if it is a very controversial weapon.

Also from what Woodward says we have been actively spying on Malkhi from day one and know exactly what he does and say.

gblowfish
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
We drop French guys in the general vicinity, and they annoy the enemy until they leave. Brilliant!!

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
They send in John Proctor with a guitar. The enemy kills themselves.

KC Jones
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
We drop French guys in the general vicinity, and they annoy the enemy until they leave. Brilliant!!

oh shit man... water boarding is one thing, but that's just plain wrong.

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe it's something like this.

Horrifying US Secret
Weapon Unleashed In Baghdad
Exclusive By Bill Dash
c. 2003 All Rights Reserved
8-25-03

A nightmarish US super weapon reportedly was employed by American ground forces during chaotic street fighting in Baghdad. The secret tank-mounted weapon was witnessed in all its frightening power by Majid al-Ghazali, a seasoned Iraqi infantryman who described the device and its gruesome effects as unlike anything he had ever encountered in his lengthy military service. The disturbing revelation is yet another piece of cinematic evidence brought back from postwar Iraq by intrepid filmmaker Patrick Dillon.

In the film, al-Ghazali, whose english is less than fluent, describes the weapon as reminiscent of a flame thrower, only immensely more powerful. It is unclear what principle the weapon is based on. Searching for a description, al-Ghazali said it appeared to be shooting concentrated lightning bolts rather than just ordinary flames. Drawing on his many years as a professional engineer, al-Ghazali speculates that radiation of some kind probably figures into the weapon's hideous capabilities. Like all men in Saddam's Iraq, al-Ghazali was compelled to serve in the Iraqi equivalent of the Army National Guard and fought in three wars over the past thirty-odd years. Via email, he told me he has seen virtually every type of conventional weapon employed in battle, and is well acquainted with their effects on people and machines, but nothing in his extensive combat experience prepared him for the shock of what he saw in Baghdad on April 12th.

On that date, al-Ghazali and his family sheltered in their house as a fierce street battle erupted in his neighborhood. In the midst of the fighting, he noticed that the Americans had called up an oddly configured tank. Then to his amazement the tank suddenly let loose a blinding stream of what seemed like fire and lightning, engulfing a large passenger bus and three automobiles. Within seconds the bus had become semi-molten, sagging "like a wet rag" as he put it. He said the bus rapidly melted under this withering blast, shrinking until it was a twisted blob about the dimensions of a VW bug. As if that were not bizarre enough, al-Ghazali explicitly describes seeing numerous human bodies shriveled to the size of newborn babies. By the time local street fighting ended that day, he estimates between 500 and 600 soldiers and civilians had been cooked alive as a result of the mysterious tank-mounted device.

In a city littered everywhere with burned-out civilian and military vehicles, US forces were abnormally scrupulous about immediately detailing bulldozers and shovel crews to the job of burying the grim wreckage. Nevertheless, telltale remnants remained as Dillon found when al-Ghazali later took him to the site. Dillon said they easily uncovered large puddles of resolidified metal and mounds of weird fibrous material that, al-Ghazali explained, were all that remained of the vehicles' tires. Dillon, who accumulated plenty of battlefield experience as a medic in Viet-Nam, and has since covered a number of wars from Somalia to Kosovo, told me that he has witnessed every kind of conventional ordnance that can be used on humans and vehicles. " I've seen a freaking smorgasbord of destruction in my life," he said, "flame-throwers, napalm, white phosphorous, thermite, you name it. I know of nothing short of an H-bomb that conceivably might cause a bus to instantly liquefy or that can flash broil a human body down to the size of an infant. God pity humanity if that thing is a preview of what's in store for the 21st century."

For Majid al-Ghazali, images of the terrifying weapon and its victims haunt his every day. In addition to his work as an engineer, he is also a highly accomplished classical violinist, occupying the first chair in the Baghdad Symphony. He is widely acknowledged as one of the preeminent violinists in the Middle East. Besides his family, one of his greatest joys is teaching at Baghdad's premier music conservatory. Unfortunately, the conservatory was utterly destroyed. Yet somehow, despite the war's horrors and its seemingly endless privations, he manages to maintain a remarkably hopeful outlook. He recently informed me that the Baghdad Symphony continues to exist and has been invited to perform in the United States in December.

Copyright 2003 - Bill Dash

I don't know what the big deal is. Maybe it's strong enough to slag a tank or any known armor but if you get killed with it what makes it inherently worse than a bullet, a hellfire missile or a mine? You're still just as dead.

Maybe the military has figured out how to deploy it on drones or from orbit and they've come up with a new way to identify the enemy with it.

Some of you may have read in your history books that there were many British Navy Admirals who thought the use of a submarine was 'improper' prior to WW2. That ended when the Germans sunk a British Battleship and in effect changed their ability to survive in a battle at sea. This weapon may have that kind of game changing potential.

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. Maybe it's strong enough to slag a tank or any known armor but if you get killed with it what makes it inherently worse than a bullet, a hellfire missile or a mine? You're still just as dead.

Maybe the military has figured out how to deploy it on drones or from orbit and they've come up with a new way to identify the enemy with it.

Some of you may have read in your history books that there were many British Navy Admirals who thought the use of a submarine was 'improper' prior to WW2. That ended when the Germans sunk a British Battleship. This weapon may have that kind of game changing potential.

I don't think it is that. The way Woodward described it the weapon or whatever it is was the primary reason why the surge was successful not the additional troops. He said this is why America is great because of its ingenuity.

My first thoughts are I bet this is very,very controversial

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't think it is that. The way Woodward described it the weapon or whatever it is was the primary reason why the surge was successful not the additional troops. He said this is why America is great because of its ingenuity.

My first thoughts are I bet this is very,very controversial

Well it would have to be a force multiplier that can be easily deployed, devastating to the enemy and doesn't risk US forces. Hmmm

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Well it would have to be a force multiplier that can be easily deployed, devastating to the enemy and doesn't risk US forces. Hmmm

Don't know about that either. Woodward said one of the reasons why he couldn't tell besides being top secret was that it would put lives at risk

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Don't know about that either. Woodward said one of the reasons why he couldn't tell besides being top secret was that it would put lives at risk

A cloak that soldier can wear so he can just walk up to the bad guy and punk him?

A chip that when implanted in a human allows for complete control of said human. That would scare the shite out of me.

ChiefaRoo
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM

Remember any weapon that was too powerful could upset the balance of power around the world if it became public.

jjjayb
09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=dirk digler;4997112]I agree but it seems like some in the military are not liking this weapon or whatever it is. He said he spoke to a general about this new weapon and he said the blood actually left his face and he told Woodward he couldn't talk about it. I am curious if it is a very controversial weapon.
QUOTE]

Or, rather than not liking the weapon, they are not liking the fact that it is no longer a secret. :doh!:

SBK
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
A cloak that soldier can wear so he can just walk up to the bad guy and punk him?

Now this would be sweet.

keg in kc
09-09-2008, 02:16 AM
A cloak that soldier can wear so he can just walk up to the bad guy and punk him?I'm fairly sure this already exists. I remember seeing a discovery channel or TLC program about it years ago. It used some kind of small- or nano- cameras and projectors, so that no matter which direction from which you looked at the 'cloaked' individual, the terrain behind them would be displayed. I think they have vehicle-mounted electrical camoflage now that runs on that same principle, as well. A chip that when implanted in a human allows for complete control of said human. That would scare the shite out of me.That wouldn't suprise me at all, although it would need to be more complicated than that. Advanced brainwashing techniques to turn captured prisoners into assassins. Combination of time-honored techniques, new drugs and new technology (maybe some kind of signal receiver implant - radio-controlled assassin!). Feasible if far-fetched.

"Lightning bolt" cannon sounds like it could be some kind of exotic energy weapon.

We've known about rail guns for decades, and when we learned about them the technology was decades old, at least in theory. My guess is that whatever this is is probably something developed in the 90s that we (meaning joe public) haven't even conceived of.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2008, 02:18 AM
A new weapons system that lets us effectively target and destroy an insurgency? This wouldn't happen to be one of the new weapons systems that Obama has promised to slow development of is it?

Programmer
09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
A new weapons system that lets us effectively target and destroy an insurgency? This wouldn't happen to be one of the new weapons systems that Obama has promised to slow development of is it?

That and all of the people that work in defense contracting will be at risk. Maybe he is considering taking the budget for national defense to pay for all of his lame brained projects and policies he wants to use.

Rooster
09-09-2008, 07:27 AM
TOP SECRET

Saggysack
09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
TF 77, which used to be TF 145, is my best guess. It doesn't have to be a weapon system

Friendo
09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
http://primarysources.newsvine.com/_news/2007/06/01/751418-task-force-145-the-us-secret-weapon-in-the-war-on-terror

Hog Farmer
09-09-2008, 07:46 AM
It's been well documented that our military has been developing a high powered laser that can destroy anything in its path . Sounds like they got it working!

Programmer
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
HIMT - High Intensity Microwave Transmitter

Just rumors from what I can find, but is said to be a narrow beam of microwave energy that can burn a hole through a human from about 100 meters.

patteeu
09-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree but it seems like some in the military are not liking this weapon or whatever it is. He said he spoke to a general about this new weapon and he said the blood actually left his face and he told Woodward he couldn't talk about it. I am curious if it is a very controversial weapon.

Or, rather than not liking the weapon, they are not liking the fact that it is no longer a secret. :doh!:

That was my first thought.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 08:26 AM
That was my first thought.

Yes that is correct. After watching him give another interview it was the fact that Woodward knew about this made the blood leave his face.

Also it is still a secret to the public.

Pennywise
09-09-2008, 08:31 AM
We don't need any secret weapons, just more Apaches.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/7d6_1212756819"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/7d6_1212756819" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
What ever this weapon is, keep using it. Melting a bus down to molten steel is pretty awesome.

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
What ever this weapon is, keep using it. Melting a bus down to molten steel is pretty awesome.

unless you're on the bus

WilliamTheIrish
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
unless you're on the bus

Well, there is that.

PhillyChiefFan
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM

It's a frikkin laser.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM
A CNN report (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/09/09/iraq.secret/) details Woodward’s revelations.The program — which Woodward compares to the World War II era Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb — must remain secret for now or it would “get people killed,” Woodward said Monday on CNN’s Larry King Live.

“The top secret operations will “some day in history … be described to people’s amazement,” Woodward told King.
While he would not reveal the details, Woodward said the terrorists who have been targeted were already aware of the capabilities.

“The enemy has a heads up because they’ve been getting wiped out and a lot of them have been killed,” he said. “It’s not news to them.”

BigOlChiefsfan
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
possible:

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/09/whats-the-milit.html

Prolly not, but still cool:

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/08/will-new-laser.html

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2008, 12:16 AM

What I find interesting is it shrinks the materials and the people it hits. If that article is correct then I'd like to know what is the principle behind this weapon and its energy source.

Guru
09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
TOP SECRET
Number 5 is alive.

Frankie
09-10-2008, 09:03 AM

That gives it away. The secret weapon is.... (drumroll)

(Scroll down)

$
(Given to the Sheikhs.)