PDA

View Full Version : Elections Sarah Palin FactChecked.... Liberal Smears Trashed.... Poor Jaz....

recxjake
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM

SBK
09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm bumping this for jAZ to see.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 12:14 AM
What does this have to do with me? Closest I can find is the AIP issue. I haven't commented on the others, AFAIR.

And I've said that she appears to have been an *unregistered* member of the AIP. Sorta like Joe Leiberman calling himself an Independent "Democrat" who's really a Republican Activist.

Logical
09-09-2008, 12:16 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Now who is in panic mode.

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:28 AM
I didn't see most of these smears, however I don't buy the AIP thing at all. First she was a registered member, then a couple of days, and what I presume to be a big check later, she's not

jAZ
09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
... then a couple of days, and what I presume to be a big check later, she's not

I don't think that's what it is at all...

From what I've heard, they looked at actual voting rolls (where you formally register your party afiliation) and they were not just taking the word of party officials preceptions of her afillitation.

My understanding (and the reference in this opening post here) is that she was formally registered as a Republican, not AIP. I have not problem believing that.

What I don't buy is that the Vice Chair of AIP had no justification for saying she was a member of the party and a like minded supporter of their cause (or whatever) but that she had to be a registered Republican to "get along to go along".

It appears to me that she was an *unregistered* member of the AIP while her husband was a fully registered member.

Those aren't mutually exclusive things. There are lots of "in name only" politicians out there. Hell, almost every Conservative Republican spent the last 8 years railing against McCain as a RINO or "Democrat" while he was actaully a registered Republican.

It's not even remotely unrealistic that she was an *unregistered* AIP member while being regiestered as Republican.

This article says nothing about that.

orange
09-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Has she done ANYTHING as a Mayor or Governor to advance the cause of Secession?

Or is she waiting for just the right moment to sneak it through.... :eek:

SBK
09-09-2008, 01:05 AM
LMAO at jAZ. "Appears to be unregistered member..." LMAO at jAZ.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
LMAO at jAZ. "Appears to be unregistered member..." LMAO at jAZ.

Leiberman appears to be an unregistered member of the Republican party.

SBK
09-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Leiberman appears to be an unregistered member of the Republican party.

No he's not, the only thing he agrees with the Republicans on is national defense.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
No he's not, the only thing he agrees with the Republicans on is national defense.

And yet he's out there raising money for the party and working to secure their hold on the most powerful elected office in the world. And starting after the election, he will likely be caucusing with them in 2009.

But you know, other than that...

SBK
09-09-2008, 01:12 AM
And yet he's out there raising money for the party and working to secure their hold on the most powerful elected office in the world. And starting after the election, he will likely be caucusing with them in 2009.

But you know, other than that...

I would say he's in a similar position as Denise.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 01:17 AM
I would say he's in a similar position as Denise.

As much as I believe that denise has shown her ass over the last 6 months, I will defend the fact that she's not supporting John McCain.

Leiberman was elected to his current office by Republicans. He's raising money for the Republicans. He's speaking at their convention. He's campaigning for their candidate. He's going to end up caucasing with them next year.

You might not like his brand of Republicanism, and you might be right (though your list is at least a little abreviated) in your assessment of his policy positions, but he's very much an unregistered member of the Republican party right now.

You should embrace the comparision given that it gives you the out you need to say that just because she is a supporter of the party doesn't mean that she agrees with everything (or even most things) they support.

SBK
09-09-2008, 01:24 AM
The democrats tried to out him and lost. Now it's his turn to try and hurt them. That's more what I meant when I compared him to Denise.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 02:03 AM
The democrats tried to out him and lost. Now it's his turn to try and hurt them. That's more what I meant when I compared him to Denise.
I see where you are going, but even that makes no sense. Obama was loyal to Lieberman. The national party was loyal to Lieberman.

But none of that matters, because my comparison to Lieberman's unofficial but loyal and highly influential role in the Republican party is a perfect comparison to my point.

He's not a registered member of the party, but he is an activist for them and in about 6 months he will see him caucusing with the party officially.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't think that's what it is at all...

From what I've heard, they looked at actual voting rolls (where you formally register your party afiliation) and they were not just taking the word of party officials preceptions of her afillitation.

My understanding (and the reference in this opening post here) is that she was formally registered as a Republican, not AIP. I have not problem believing that.

What I don't buy is that the Vice Chair of AIP had no justification for saying she was a member of the party and a like minded supporter of their cause (or whatever) but that she had to be a registered Republican to "get along to go along".

It appears to me that she was an *unregistered* member of the AIP while her husband was a fully registered member.

Those aren't mutually exclusive things. There are lots of "in name only" politicians out there. Hell, almost every Conservative Republican spent the last 8 years railing against McCain as a RINO or "Democrat" while he was actaully a registered Republican.

It's not even remotely unrealistic that she was an *unregistered* AIP member while being regiestered as Republican.

This article says nothing about that.

I laugh in your general direction...

tiptap
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I would say it is just as unreasonable and just as much as a possibility as Obama being a Moslem. Intelligent folk will dismiss it as youthful investigation. (Palin's husband has tribal connections and one can see his thoughts on succession and forming a native state in North America.) But you have to blow this stuff and see if it sticks in the political season. And yes Palin could be waiting to just the right moment in a universe of all possibilities.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
<center>INTERNET VS PALIN
WHO IS THE BIGGEST BULLSHITTER?</center>

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/gop_convention_spin_part_ii.html

Summary
Sarah Palin’s much-awaited speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night may have shown she could play the role of attack dog, but it also showed her to be short on facts when it came to touting her own record and going after Obama’s.

We found Rudy Giuliani, who introduced her, to be as factually challenged as he sometimes was back when he was in the race. But Mike Huckabee may have laid the biggest egg of all.

* Palin may have said “Thanks, but no thanks” on the Bridge to Nowhere, though not until Congress had pretty much killed it already. But that was a sharp turnaround from the position she took during her gubernatorial campaign, and the town where she was mayor received lots of earmarks during her tenure.

* Palin’s accusation that Obama hasn’t authored “a single major law or even a reform” in the U.S. Senate or the Illinois Senate is simply not a fair assessment. Obama has helped push through major ethics reforms in both bodies, for example.

* The Alaska governor avoided some of McCain’s false claims about Obama’s tax program – but her attacks still failed to give the whole story.

* Giuliani distorted the time line and substance of Obama’s statements about the conflict between Russia and Georgia. In fact, there was much less difference between his statements and those of McCain than Giuliani would have had us believe.

* Giuliani also said McCain had been a fighter pilot. Actually, McCain’s plane was the A-4 Skyhawk, a small bomber. It was the only plane he trained in or flew in combat, according to McCain’s own memoir.

* Finally, Huckabee told conventioneers and TV viewers that Palin got more votes when she ran for mayor of Wasilla than Biden did running for president. Not even close. The tally: Biden, 79,754, despite withdrawing from the race after the Iowa caucuses. Palin, 909 in her 1999 race, 651 in 1996.

Analysis

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was a hit with the party faithful at the GOP convention, but some of her claims were amiss. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee also delivered a few faulty remarks.

<center>PALIN WINS! PALIN WINS! BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY, PALIN WINS!</center>

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
• Palin has not pushed for teaching creationism in Alaska's schools. She has said that students should be allowed to "debate both sides" of the evolution question, but she also said creationism "doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."This, by the way, is exactly as negligent and dishonest as advocating the teaching of creationism, and it's a frequently-used tactic in the pro-creationist movement. "Teaching the controversy" by expecting teachers to compare and contrast an actual scientific theory with a bunch of rationalizations and conjecture is preposterous, and a disservice to the minds being entrusted to schools.

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
This, by the way, is exactly as negligent and dishonest as advocating the teaching of creationism, and it's a frequently-used tactic in the pro-creationist movement. "Teaching the controversy" by expecting teachers to compare and contrast an actual scientific theory with a bunch of rationalizations and conjecture is preposterous, and a disservice to the minds being entrusted to schools.

Allowing students to debate isn't making teachers do anything.

go bowe
09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Allowing students to debate isn't making teachers do anything.i dunno, the part about "expecting teachers to compare and contrast..." might require teachers to do more than allow a debate among students...

LOCOChief
09-09-2008, 03:25 PM
What does this have to do with me? Closest I can find is the AIP issue. I haven't commented on the others, AFAIR.

And I've said that she appears to have been an *unregistered* member of the AIP. Sorta like Joe Leiberman calling himself an Independent "Democrat" who's really a Republican Activist.

unregistered member? she appears to be?:shake:

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
i dunno, the part about "expecting teachers to compare and contrast..." might require teachers to do more than allow a debate among students...

Who is expecting teachers to compare and contrast? Palin didn't. She hasn't pushed for it at all as Governor.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I would say it is just as unreasonable and just as much as a possibility as Obama being a Moslem. Intelligent folk will dismiss it as youthful investigation. (Palin's husband has tribal connections and one can see his thoughts on succession and forming a native state in North America.) But you have to blow this stuff and see if it sticks in the political season. And yes Palin could be waiting to just the right moment in a universe of all possibilities.
I suspect that she will support whatever serves her self interest.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
i dunno, the part about "expecting teachers to compare and contrast..." might require teachers to do more than allow a debate among students...

They have to provide something to contrast science against. That something is some form or flavor of creationism.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Who is expecting teachers to compare and contrast? Palin didn't. She hasn't pushed for it at all as Governor.

She can hold her breath longer than she's been governor.

***SPRAYER
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm bumping this for jAZ to see.

Wow. About 100 threads started by JAz and penchieF could have been nipped in the bud if only this one had been posted last week.

ROFL