PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner for Thomas Jones?

SNR
09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
A guy in my league has both Tom Brady and Vince Young. Ouch. Rough week for him.

Aaron Rodgers is my backup and looked great on the field yesterday. I'm thinking he's ready. It will be sink or swim for awhile, but he'll have some big games.

I'm thinking of throwing Kurt Warner out to him. Is this a good deal? Thomas Jones would provide me with a fantastic 3rd option (Willie Parker and Addai are my starters now) and even in the case of Addai, who might be out this week with a head injury, I might be able to already plug him in. My current backup RBs are Lendale White and Steve Slaton.

What do you think? Risky, I know, but especially if Rodgers works out the way I think he will, this could be a stellar trade.

Oh, and he has plenty of RB help. Brandon Jacobs, Thomas Jones (who I'm trying to acqurie) Chris Perry, Matt Forte, and Selvin Young.

Sure-Oz
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I think Jones could be pretty solid this year with Favre and that new line. He already matched his TD totals from last year. He had solid #'s last year but 1 td

sedated
09-09-2008, 03:25 PM
keep in mind Rodgers played against the Vikings last week, and they had their pass defense was horrible last year. Rodgers game might have been flukey.

Old Dog
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
good trade for you IMO. Depending on what's on your wire he may very well go for it.