PDA

View Full Version : Elections Biden: Palin Would Be 'Backward Step for Women'

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/09/09/biden-palin-would-be-backward-step-for-women/

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) says that if Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) becomes the first female vice president it will be a "backward step for women."

Asked by a local television reporter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin if electing Palin would be a step forward for women, Biden said, "well look, I think the issue is what does Sarah Palin think? What does she believe?"

"I assume she thinks and agrees with the same policies that George Bush and John McCain think," Biden added. "And that's obviously a backward step for women."

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Because Joe knows what's best for women.

jAZ
Good to see that Biden isn't afraid of going after her directly.

Ultra Peanut
Truth.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2b4lkp.jpg

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijGoISc7vFc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijGoISc7vFc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
If you believe the government has the right to make you have a baby if you get impregnated during an incident of rape, you're quite clearly a step back for women's rights in this country. And a scary one at that.

Donger
I'm not sure I follow Biden here. Why would her becoming VPOTUS be a step back?

J Diddy

and he also knows what's best for you if you'll shut up and listen

:D

Donger
If you believe the government has the right to make you have a baby if you get impregnated during an incident of rape, you're quite clearly a step back for women's rights in this country. And a scary one at that.

Is that what Palin proposes?

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM

True, he only wrote the Violence Against Women act. What a douchenozzle.

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM

yes it is

no abortion even after a rape

jAZ
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Well, it's certainly a step forward for her own self interest.

jAZ
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM

You should really learn more about this woman's crazy policy positions.

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
You should really learn more about this woman's crazy policy positions.

he knows them, he uses this idiotic questioning bit to try to find wiggle room out of dealing with them

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
yes it is

no abortion even after a rape

I know that she personally believes that, but would she try to force that belief upon others?

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I know that she personally believes that, but would she try to force that belief upon others?

I don't know Dr. Lecter, what do you propose she's gonna do? Throw her beliefs in the garbage and govern some other way.

Infidel Goat
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijGoISc7vFc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijGoISc7vFc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's funny because he almost called Senator McCain "George McCain" again--before correcting himself and using both George Bush's and John McCain's names.

It might be an accident (like in the convention speech), but I almost hope he starts doing it intentionally.

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't know Dr. Lecter, what do you propose she's gonna do? Throw her beliefs in the garbage and govern some other way.

I don't know. But I wouldn't think that she'll attempt to "force" her views on others, as HolmeZz seemed to be implying she would:

"government has the right to make you have a baby if you get impregnated during an incident of rape"

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't know. But I wouldn't think that she'll attempt to "force" her views on others, as HolmeZz seemed to be implying she would:

"government has the right to make you have a baby if you get impregnated during an incident of rape"

Is that not what a politician does in essence? You elect a person who has views and beliefs and they govern according to that.

Plus if you outlaw all abortions then yes she pushed her views on someone

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Plus if you outlaw all abortions then yes she pushed her views on someone

Is that what she proposes doing?

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Is that what she proposes doing?

your sick schoolboy schtick is getting quite old

you know the answer to that question

and if your response is "no I don't" I shall forever call you the "donger the schlonger monger"

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Donger, you are truly amazing. It takes gall(and an incredible amount of stupidity) to stand in here and pretend that Palin doesn't oppose a women's right to choose if they get impregnated during rape.

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
your sick schoolboy schtick is getting quite old

you know the answer to that question

and if your response is "no I don't" I shall forever call you the "donger the schlonger monger"

What she personally believes and what she proposes forcing upon others are two different animals. Until I hear what she proposes, I will not presume they are the same.

Donger
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Donger, you are truly amazing. It takes gall(and an incredible amount of stupidity) to stand in here and pretend that Palin doesn't oppose a women's right to choose if they get impregnated during rape.

I'm not. I vehemently disagree with her personal opinion. If she proposes or intends to make her personal opinion into law, I'll vehemently oppose that as well.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
What she personally believes and what she proposes forcing upon others are two different animals. Until I hear what she proposes, I will not presume they are the same.

You aren't this retarded. If you're pro-life, you're supporting the government making the choice. If it was just a personal belief and she didn't believe that she had the right to decide for anyone else, she'd be pro-choice. Hell, in 2006 she said she'd force her daughter to have the kid if she got raped.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm not. I vehemently disagree with her personal opinion. If she proposes or intends to make her personal opinion into law, I'll vehemently oppose that as well.

John McCain supports the overturning of Roe V. Wade. That's his personal opinion that he proposes turning into law.

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
You aren't this retarded. If you're pro-life, you're supporting the government making the choice. If it was just a personal belief and she didn't believe that she had the right to decide for anyone else, she'd be pro-choice. Hell, in 2006 she said she'd force her daughter to have the kid if she got raped.

Again, I'll wait to hear what she proposes.

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
John McCain supports the overturning of Roe V. Wade. That's his personal opinion that he proposes turning into law.

Yes, he does. He views it as a states' right issue, I think.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Again, I'll wait to hear what she proposes.

You've already heard what she proposes. Why don't you tell me what you think of McCain proposing to overturn Roe v. Wade?(y'know, trying to turn his opinion into law).

xbarretx
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
+1

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
You've already heard what she proposes. Why don't you tell me what you think of McCain proposing to overturn Roe v. Wade?(y'know, trying to turn his opinion into law).

See above. I don't think that government should have gotten involved in the first place.

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
ROFL You knew Biden would start saying stupid stuff at some point.

Should probably start a poll asking what the chances of him being withdrawn as the VP candidate.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes, he does. He views it as a states' right issue, I think.

swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/mccain_web_abortion.gif

From Saddleback: "I have a 25-year pro-life record in the Congress, in the Senate. And as President of the United States, I will be a pro-life president and this presidency will have pro-life policies. Thatís my commitment, thatís my commitment to you."

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:10 PM

From Saddleback: "I have a 25-year pro-life record in the Congress, in the Senate. And as President of the United States, I will be a pro-life president and this presidency will have pro-life policies. Thatís my commitment, thatís my commitment to you."

Are you sure about that?

"Constitutional balance would be restored by the reversal of Roe v. Wade, returning the abortion question to the individual states."

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/95b18512-d5b6-456e-90a2-12028d71df58.htm

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you sure about that?

"Constitutional balance would be restored by the reversal of Roe v. Wade, returning the abortion question to the individual states."

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/95b18512-d5b6-456e-90a2-12028d71df58.htm

That doesn't sound like a pro-life policy. That sounds like a pro-choice policy.

Right?

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
That doesn't sound like a pro-life policy. That sounds like a pro-choice policy.

Right?

It sounds like McCain is pro-life and wants it to be decided by the states, which is what I wrote above, to which you responded that I swung and missed.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
It sounds like McCain is pro-life and wants it to be decided by the states.

You can't say you're going to be a pro-life President who will enforce pro-life policies and then leave it up to the states. If you believe abortion is murder and are serious about enforcing pro-life policies, you can't have some places where 'murder' is legalized and other places where it's not. One of the two statements in the last two replies in this thread was said disingenuously.

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
You can't say you're going to be a pro-life President who will enforce pro-life policies and then leave it up to the states. If you believe abortion is murder and are serious about enforcing pro-life policies, you can't have some places where 'murder' is legalized and other places where it's not. One of the two statements in the last two replies in this thread was said disingenuously.

I guess McCain is lying then.

Baby Lee
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM

If you're pro-life you're supporting affording the unborn the same rights as the born.
It's not like they're forcing you to chose blue or black socks.

StcChief
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM
ROFL You knew Biden would start saying stupid stuff at some point.

Should probably start a poll asking what the chances of him being withdrawn as the VP candidate. a 30+ year Political hack. how does his state keep electing this clown.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
If you're pro-life you're supporting affording the unborn the same rights as the born.

So true. And since you're giving rights to something that's life doesn't yet exist(that's what unborn means) why stop there? Why not even get more 'unborn'? What about the rights my sperm has?

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
a 30+ year Political hack. how does his state keep electing this clown.

I was thinking the same of mccain

Baby Lee
09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
So true. And since you're giving rights to something that's life doesn't yet exist(that's what unborn means) why stop there? Why not even get more 'unborn'? What about the rights my sperm has?

Your opinion is that life does not exist until it clears the cvnt hairs?

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Your opinion is that life does not exist until it clears the cvnt hairs?

Nope, but it was you who called them the unborn(without life), not I. I would say it's incumbent upon you to tell me when life begins. Why not grant my 'unborn' sperm those same rights?

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Nope, but it was you who called them the unborn(without life), not I. I would say it's incumbent upon you to tell me when life begins. Why not grant my 'unborn' sperm those same rights?
Your definition of unborn isn't correct. Unborn doesn't mean without life.

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:52 PM

You are not really trying to equate sperm to a fetus, are you?

Rooster
09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Abortion is just a smoke screen for politicians. It isn't going to change. A woman will always have the right to choose regardless who's blowing the smoke up your ass in Washington. The only reason it is brought up is so pinheads can repeatedly argue about it every chance they get and ignore the real issues at hand. It is just a hot button topic used to minipulate voters.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Your definition of unborn isn't correct. Unborn doesn't mean without life.

I'm more than content with my definition of the word. Perhaps you'd like to share yours?

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
You are not really trying to equate sperm to a fetus, are you?

I want to know at what point do we stop giving rights to things that are 'unborn'. I'm sure you realize there's no fetus the second the sperm penetrates the egg(when 'life' begins to most pro-lifers).

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm more than content with my definition of the word. Perhaps you'd like to share yours?

Unborn? Not yet delivered.

I do believe the unborn have a life, even though that life consists of being stuck in a dark gooey place for 9 months.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Unborn? Not yet delivered.

And there's a reason they can't be delievered.

I do believe the unborn have a life, even though that life consists of being stuck in a dark gooey place for 9 months.

What about my sperm?

Donger
09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I want to know at what point do we stop giving rights to things that are 'unborn'. I'm sure you realize there's no fetus the second the sperm penetrates the egg(when 'life' begins to most pro-lifers).

Hell, I think life begins when people start voting Republican. Intelligent life, anyway.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
What about my sperm?

Meh. I think the issue has more to do with human being than "life." Your sperm will never become a human being by itself. An embryo will, barring nature's or someone else's intervention.

Radar Chief
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
What about my sperm?

Quit physically abusing them and maybe they won’t press charges.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 02:03 PM
An embryo will, barring nature's or someone else's intervention.

Nature? You're saying God is pro-choice?

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Nature? You're saying God is pro-choice?

Miscarriages.

mlyonsd
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
There's a reason they can't be delievered. And that reason becomes less and less relevant with each passing year. Technology is making it less relevant all the time.

What about my sperm?

Please, please never ask me that question again.

But to answer it though.....No, I believe you should never ever waste them again. Ever. I repeat ever. Set a good example by being the master of your domain.

Carlota69
09-09-2008, 02:05 PM

And we all know the next President is going to have the power to nominate at least one judge for the Supreme Court. That is scary if its Mccain/Palin ecasue then they would have the power to overturn RvW.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Miscarriages.

I know, isn't all that stuff God's will?

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
And we all know the next President is going to have the power to nominate at least one judge for the Supreme Court. That is scary if its Mccain/Palin ecasue then they would have the power to overturn RvW.

Thank God! We have vagina!

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I know, isn't all that stuff God's will?

I have no idea.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I have no idea.

I would think a lot of the people who believe life begins at conception would also believe that a baby is a gift from God.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I would think a lot of the people who believe life begins at conception would also believe that a baby is a gift from God.

Okay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM

You really need to stop pretending that you know anything about feminism or women's rights. You were the same person who claimed that Palin was a feminist just because you thought she had spunk on the stump.

If someone promotes an agenda that removes a woman's agency over her own body that could not be any more of a step back.

If you'd ever actually taken time to read any papers or anthologies about feminism you might see that submissions are made by men, women and transgendered people. All of them can be feminists.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM
You really need to stop pretending that you know anything about feminism or women's rights. You were the same person who claimed that Palin was a feminist just because you thought she had spunk on the stump.

If someone promotes an agenda that removes a woman's agency over her own body that could not be any more of a step back.

If you'd ever actually taken time to read any papers or anthologies about feminism you might see that submissions are made by men, women and transgendered people. All of them can be feminists.

You do know that she considers herself to be a feminist, don't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
You do know that she considers herself to be a feminist, don't you?

I can consider myself a defensive tackle for the Chiefs, it doesn't mean it's true.

Once again, you continue to display a fundamental misunderstanding of what feminism is and what its tenets are.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
There's nothing feminist about thinking the government has the right to force you to reproduce if you get raped and impregnated by a dude.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I can consider myself a defensive tackle for the Chiefs, it doesn't mean it's true.

Once again, you continue to display a fundamental misunderstanding of what feminism is and what its tenets are.

She's a member of Feminists for Life of America. Perhaps you could fill those gals in on what feminism really is?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
She's a member of Feminists for Life of America. Perhaps you could fill those gals in on what feminism really is?

I could.

I could create a group called Blacks for Equality and staff it with Klan members who think that equality for Blacks is achieved at the end of a noose.

You are a typical Republican moron. She calls herself a feminist, therefore she must be one.

I'm going to give you a suggestion: get off your ignorant ass, go down to the library and check out an anthology on Feminism. Read it, so you can actually understand what feminism is about:

The struggle to end sexist oppression. It's also closely tied in to issues of race and sexual orientation.

Patricia Heaton is not a feminist. Phyllis Schafly is not a feminist. Sarah Palin is not a feminist.

Any woman who opposes another woman having choice and agency over her own body is by that very definition not a feminist.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I could.

I could create a group called Blacks for Equality and staff it with Klan members who think that equality for Blacks is achieved at the end of a noose.

You are a typical Republican moron. She calls herself a feminist, therefore she must be one.

I'm going to give you a suggestion: get off your ignorant ass, go down to the library and check out an anthology on Feminism. Read it, so you can actually understand what feminism is about:

The struggle to end sexist oppression. It's also closely tied in to issues of race and sexual orientation.

Patricia Heaton is not a feminist. Phyllis Schafly is not a feminist. Sarah Palin is not a feminist.

Any woman who opposes another woman having choice and agency over her own body is by that very definition not a feminist.

I must inform Ms. Palin immediately that she's being sexually oppressed while running for the vice presidency of the United States.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I must inform Ms. Palin immediately that she's being sexually oppressed while running for the vice presidency of the United States.

Yes, because one woman is axiomatic proof that no women are being oppressed, especially when said Manchurian Candidate wants to undercut the advances of her very gender. The fact that she wants to remove choice from women makes her nothing other than a feminine Uncle Tom.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, because one woman is axiomatic proof that no women are being oppressed, especially when said Manchurian Candidate wants to undercut the advances of her very gender. The fact that she wants to remove choice from women makes her nothing other than a feminine Uncle Tom.

If you think that abortions equal advances of her gender? Interesting.

I'd say that having a female in the second spot of the executive branch advances her gender a tad more.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
If you think that abortions equal advances of her gender? Interesting.

I'd say that having a female in the second spot of the executive branch advances her gender a tad more.

I think that a woman having the right to choose what she wants to do with her own body advances the cause of gender a little bit more.

But then again, I'm about personal responsibility.

So therefore, I'm assuming that it's a woman's responsibility to make sure that birth control doesn't fail, that she's not raped, and that she's not impregnated by incestuous rape?

And having a woman in the second spot in command really advances her gender when she supports a policy that pays women 75 cents on the dollar for what a man in the same position with the same training makes.

Guru
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
That is a stupid statement from Biden. Only a woman should be saying that at this point.

Also, RvW is not getting overturned regardless if McCain wins or not. It would have been overturned a long time ago if it were that easy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
That is a stupid statement from Biden. Only a woman should be saying that at this point.

Also, RvW is not getting overturned regardless if McCain wins or not. It would have been overturned a long time ago if it were that easy.

It's not getting overturned because you lose your golden carrot once it happens.

Carlota69
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Thank God! We have vagina!

TAAAA DAAAAAA!!!!!!!!:D

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:35 PM

There are 10's of thousands of people with advanced degrees in Women's and Gender Studies who would see this as one of the most ignorant statements possible.

Carlota69
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Well lets just hope your right, cuz if the Supreme Court is totally conservative, it would make it alot easier. But, I hope your right.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
I think that a woman having the right to choose what she wants to do with her own body advances the cause of gender a little bit more.

That's you opinion, and you're entitled to it. But we aren't just talking about her body, are we? Surely you don't think that it's her right to chose to just discard a baby, right?

So therefore, I'm assuming that it's a woman's responsibility to make sure that birth control doesn't fail, that she's not raped, and that she's not impregnated by incestuous rape?

Birth control? No, not entirely. It takes two to tango. If the woman forgets to take the BC and gets pregnant, I would say both parties screwed up (no pun intended). Rape? No. Rape is a violation.

And having a woman in the second spot in command really advances her gender when she supports a policy that pays women 75 cents on the dollar for what a man in the same position with the same training makes.

Link?

Guru
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
There are 10's of thousands of people with advanced degrees in Women's and Gender Studies who would see this as one of the most ignorant statements possible.
Hamas, I am so friggin sick of your shit. You are one of the reasons I don't like to visit here. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is ignorant. If that is as constructive as you can get, calling people names, then take your BS somewhere else. I don't have as much of a problem with that statement coming from Hillary. Coming from Biden it just sounds wrong.

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
TAAAA DAAAAAA!!!!!!!!:D

:)

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Hamas, I am so friggin sick of your shit. You are one of the reasons I don't like to visit here. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is ignorant. If that is as constructive as you can get, calling people names, then take your BS somewhere else. I don't have as much of a problem with that statement coming from Hillary. Coming from Biden it just sounds wrong.

Pssst. Hamas is a feminist. Palin isn't.

Pay attention.

vailpass
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM

10s of thousands of people hold advanced degrees in Women's and Gender studies?
Yea right.
Name 'em.

Rooster
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Pssst. Hamas is a feminist. Palin isn't.

Pay attention.

ROFLROFL Pay attention people and read a book why don't ya. ROFL

LOCOChief
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM

With what? assumptions. Please,, I'll bet he's afraid of the VP debates, and if not he sure as hell should be.

Guru
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
With what? assumptions. PleaseHello - commatard on the loose. I'll bet he's afraid of the VP debates, and if not he sure as hell should be.
Wow haven't seen that auto fill in a while. heh

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
That's you opinion, and you're entitled to it. But we aren't just talking about her body, are we? Surely you don't think that it's her right to chose to just discard a baby, right?

Birth control? No, not entirely. It takes two to tango. If the woman forgets to take the BC and gets pregnant, I would say both parties screwed up (no pun intended). Rape? No. Rape is a violation.

Link?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/censusandstatistics/a/paygapgrows.htm

Donger
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/censusandstatistics/a/paygapgrows.htm

I was asking for a link showing that Palin supports non-equal pay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM

You don't have a right to spout off ignorant statements and not expect to get called on them.

The reason why your statement is ignorant is because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what Women's and Gender Studies is, and who comprises that field and what they intend to accomplish with their research.

You have the right to make your statement, but it doesn't absolve you from the repercussions from its ignorance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
10s of thousands of people hold advanced degrees in Women's and Gender studies?
Yea right.
Name 'em.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/programs.html

Over 700 programs that offer a combination of undergrad or graduate programs.

mlyonsd

If she only asks for 75% of the usual VP salary would you believe it?

I'm pretty sure if it were true CNN and the Times would have already forced her to withdraw by now.

'Hamas' Jenkins

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8eO4s9wXno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8eO4s9wXno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8eO4s9wXno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8eO4s9wXno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Errr, that's Hillary Clinton.

'Hamas' Jenkins
FWIW, McCain also fought against the Equal Pay Act of 2007.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Errr, that's Hillary Clinton.

Errr...watch the video.

Guru
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
You don't have a right to spout off ignorant statements and not expect to get called on them.

The reason why your statement is ignorant is because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what Women's and Gender Studies is, and who comprises that field and what they intend to accomplish with their research.

You have the right to make your statement, but it doesn't absolve you from the repercussions from its ignorance.
Don't be surprised if Biden's statement has the exact opposite effect on the election than he is expecting.

You need to get off of your high horse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Palin favors the concept of equal pay for women (the abolition of wage differences based on gender), but opposes the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which would have allowed more time to bring suit under the Equal Pay Act of 1963.

So, she says that she supports equal pay, yet she opposes legislation to enact it.

Gosh, that sure does sound like the Bridge to Nowhere.

Donger
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Errr...watch the video.

I did. I heard Hillary Clinton say that she didn't hear anything at the RND about equal pay.

You are really offering that as evidence to support your assertion?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I did. I heard Hillary Clinton say that she didn't hear anything at the RND about equal pay.

You are really offering that as evidence to support your assertion?

15-25 seconds.

Again, Palin's opposition to the Fair Pay Act is on record. I don't see how this is in doubt. Clinton is directly responding to that train of thought that we can just sweep that under the rug.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Don't be surprised if Biden's statement has the exact opposite effect on the election than he is expecting.

You need to get off of your high horse.

I made no prediction as to what its consequences may or may not be. I only responded to the accuracy of said statement and the ability of a man who advocates feminism to make that statement.

Donger
09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
15-25 seconds.

Again, Palin's opposition to the Fair Pay Act is on record. I don't see how this is in doubt. Clinton is directly responding to that train of thought that we can just sweep that under the rug.

Indeed, it seems that both she and McCain opposed that bill. From what I've read, it sounded like a pretty good example of gotcha politics by the Democrats.

Considering both Palin and McCain are on record of favoring equal pay, I hope that it comes up again. I certainly favor it.

Guru
09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I made no prediction as to what its consequences may or may not be. I only responded to the accuracy of said statement and the ability of a man who advocates feminism to make that statement.
You really have your finger on the pulse of America.:shake:

BucEyedPea
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Who cares what the politicians think about women. Feminism, the cultural Marxist kind, sukks and most women reject it.

There's a reason why Concerned Women for America is a much, much larger group than NOW!

Rooster
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
You really have your finger on the pulse of America.:shake:

ROFLROFL

***SPRAYER
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I thought libs were "pro-choice".

I guess if you are a woman, and you "choose" to be a conservative, they choose to go Pol Pot on your ass.

kcvet
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
he really helped McCain here big time. Biden is notorious for sticking his foot in mouth. or up his ass. this is one reason why democraps lose elections. thanks for posting. i know a lot of gals on email who will move this along.
...the more he rants the more he insures a GOP win nov.

morphius
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, a woman being second in power in the USA is a step backward for women. How can someone argue with logic like that. I guess electing a black president would be a step backwards for black people everywhere as well. Got it.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Though she's a woman she basically opposes any kind of legislation that is for women......many women have said as much, must be hard to grasp.

Just because she has a vagina doesn't mean she votes with or supports women and her record simply says she doesn't.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Though she's a woman she basically opposes any kind of legislation that is for liberal women......many liberal women have said as much, must be hard to grasp.

Just because she has a vagina doesn't mean she votes with or supports liberal women and her record simply says she doesn't.

fixed your post...

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Ah here we go....liberal it is a bad word.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Ah here we go....liberal it is a bad word.

I didn't say that liberal is a bad word, you did. I'm just pointing out that the 'women' that you speak of are not ALL women. ;)

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I didn't say that liberal is a bad word, you did. I'm just pointing out that the 'women' that you speak of are not ALL women. ;)

Yea because only being liberal would make you cool with a woman who votes down legislation for womens rights.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Yea because only being liberal would make you cool with a woman who votes down legislation for womens rights.

WOW, you are dense!!!

Baby Lee
09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Though she's a woman she basically opposes any kind of legislation that is for women......many women have said as much, must be hard to grasp.

Just because she has a vagina doesn't mean she votes with or supports women and her record simply says she doesn't.

Let's try a different tact.
It's pretty clear that white males have differing opinions on the role of the government in our lives.
Are women entitled to that same difference of opinion, or is there something unique in the female gender that demands they have a singular view of the role of government in their lives?

Logical
09-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I didn't say that liberal is a bad word, you did. I'm just pointing out that the 'women' that you speak of are not ALL women. ;)I wonder what this post really means. Is the smilie a smirk insinuating that some women are lesbians? If so that is sexist.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I wonder what this post really means. Is the smilie a smirk insinuating that some women are lesbians? If so that is sexist.
it means exactly what it says, nothing more and nothing less. The smilie is there to get mecca to slow down and actually read it instead of knee jerk to it...

Guru
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM

POLITICIAN

Not a hard concept to grasp. You don't like her so don't vote for her.

There are MANY who do support her view as well. You continue to write those people off. Can you? sure. Does it make you right? no. It doesn't make anyone right.

But thanks for pointing out that not everyone agrees on the issues. Glad that is cleared up now.

HonestChieffan
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
The Obama Pig comment and this comment by Biden are more signs that the wheels are coming off for the Obama campaign.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:37 AM
I wonder how many blacks would say that Clarence Thomas was a step forward for them?

Baby Lee
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Hurricane Camille

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/index1.html

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Hurricane Camille

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/index1.html

That article was preposterously self-contradictory, and unsurprisingly, she shows no knowledge of third-wave feminism and is still entrenched in the 1960's ideas of second-wave feminism.

FWIW, she's also an outcast among feminists and her most lauded critical works were soundly eviscerated by them for their content.

You may agree with the provocative nature of the article, but she's a pariah.