PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama: "You can put liptick on a pig, It's still a pig"

Pages : [1] 2

recxjake
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Are you mentally challenged?

SNR
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Racist

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:02 PM
He's Muslim. What does he know about pigs? :D

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Seriously, Zero is off script, no tellie, and he doesn't quite know what to say.

Lines like this though will make great strides in endearing himself to the Hillbots and other WWV...

NOT.

dirk digler
LMAO That is hilarious. It is about time Obama started throwing some shit around.

Iowanian
He knows that pork is the other white meat...and that in sweat pants, your butt looks like a couple of large racoons fighting in a feed bag.

SNR
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Also, what is change, exactly? People are sick of this war in Iraq but Obama's plan for withdrawal is just as cloudy as McCain's. About the only difference I see so far from McCain is government spending.

He refer to the 90% voting record to the president all he likes, but his message is still as empty as it was since the primary season.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Seriously, Zero is off script, no tellie, and he doesn't quite know what to say.

Lines like this though will make great strides in endearing himself to the Hillbots and other WWV...

NOT.

I'm amazed at the depths of stupidity being displayed, and I probably shouldn't be.

wazu
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Drudge has it as the headline now with a picture of Sarah Palin.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
LMAO That was one hilarious line. LMAO

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Drudge has it as the headline now with a picture of Sarah Palin.

Totally not out of context or anything!

Donger
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Excellent.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
This is going to backfire on him....

Backfire because you people insist on acting dishonest and retarded?

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Great line and yes out of context

Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Palin just used that line at the convention!

Ha. What line, Jake?

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Great line and yes out of context

So if Sarah Palin joked about something that had racial connotations you'd be ok with that as well?

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
LMAO

What do you think he was talking about?!?

Palin just used that line at the convention!

Hillary supporters aren't going to like this one bit!

I thought it was hilarious and definitely a good line. I just picked up on the old fish line which is funny as hell to.

He is obviously talking about pork barrels spending and projects and the fact Palin says she is a reformer when she is clearly not.

Jenson71
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't strain yourself by reading into things this hard.

VAChief
What's the pig deal? :)

HolmeZz
So if Sarah Palin joked about something that had racial connotations you'd be ok with that as well?

Obama's comment wasn't about Palin. It was about Republicans trying to paint themselves as the party of change. They did a very good job last week pretending the last 8 years never happened.

Jenson71
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

Is he talking . . . is he talking about Palin's vagina? This is going to backfire.

Donger
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
"Change you can believe in."

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM

It wasn't sexist it was about pork barrel spending and projects

Donger
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Obama's comment wasn't about Palin. It was about Republicans trying to paint themselves as the party of change. They did a very good job last week pretending the last 8 years never happened.

Really? Not a coordinated, planned attack?

Democratic Congressman Russ Carnahan on Tuesday – introducing Joe Biden at a campaign event – ripped into Palin’s record and punctuated it with this snarky jab. “There’s no way you can dress up that record, even with a lot of lipstick,” he said. Obama himself used similar langauge later in the day about the McCain-Palin reform rhetoric, saying "You can put lipstick on a pig," he said. "It's still a pig."

Donger
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM

I tend to agree, actually. At least that was probably what Barack Hussein intended.

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Well my sons are both shaking their heads at this and saying how classless it is. They are 16 and 12. :doh!:

HolmeZz
Really? Not a coordinated, planned attack?

It was definitely a planned attack. The point of the attack is just being dishonestly misconstrued. He's obviously talking about the Republicans trying to paint themselves as anything except the party that's basically been in power for the last 8 years. If you think he intentionally went out there and tried to cause a stir by comparing Palin to a pig, frankly you're even that much more of an idiot.

memyselfI

Yeah, to Obots I am sure it was. :doh!:

VAChief

Racial connotations?

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
ROFL that Drudge has this as his headline. He's been pretty PrObama up until now. Perhaps even he as woke the fugg up.

Donger
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
It was definitely a planned attack. The point of the attack is just being dishonestly misconstrued. He's obviously talking about the Republicans trying to paint themselves as anything except the party that's basically been in power for the last 8 years. If you think he intentionally went out there and tried to cause a stir by comparing Palin to a pig, frankly you're even that much more of an idiot.

Well, let's see how Barack Hussein tries to explain it. I'd imagine he will be forced to do so.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, to Obots I am sure it was. :doh!:

Donger just quoted what they have been putting out today about pork projects and putting lipstick on the pork but it is still pork. pig=pork.

I know you know this so quit acting silly

alnorth
09-09-2008, 05:29 PM

I understand that you are fighting hard for your guy, and I personally believe Obama meant what you are saying and this ultimately wont amount to much more than a mild chuckle and late-night comedy fare.

However, I dont care what the context is, you have to admit this was one hell of a hilarious gaffe. He cant be so stupid that he would go into his speech planning to say this. It was probably a light off the cuff remark and Barack probably knew he made a mistake as soon as the words left his lips. They need to get that man a teleprompter, quick.

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
What a stupid thing to say. Osama's Osinkin.

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, let's see how Barack Hussein tries to explain it. I'd imagine he will be forced to do so.

I would expect to see lots of lipstick and pigs showing up at his propaganda, er, stump appearances in protest. ;)

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I would expect to see lots of lipstick and pigs showing up at his propaganda, er, stump appearances in protest. ;)

You're going to show up at an Obama event?

This. Is. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

FAX
09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Didn't JFK once say this same thing about Lady Bird?

FAX

Reaper16
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
That's one of the oldest lines in the book. It's a ****ing metaphor that's been around forever. There wasn't a sexist connotation to the comment. Anyone who hadn't heard that line before has to be, like, six years old.

alnorth
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
That's one of the oldest lines in the book. It's a ****ing metaphor that's been around forever. There wasn't a sexist connotation to the comment. Anyone who hadn't heard that line before has to be, like, six years old.

normally that would be true, but this isnt an ordinary day (probably week either). This reaction really isnt hard to understand.

Forget the GOP convention, Palin's lipstick line was probably the one (or close to it) most memorable one-liner of both conventions and all news events of the entire week. Everyone the least bit clued in to politics probably watched it replayed a half dozen times on soundbites. If you talk about lipstick on a pig, even though its an old saying, everyone listening to you is going to immediately assume you made a mistake or are using a crude double entendre.

It was a silly gaffe that might only amuse or piss off an insignificant little number of people. If Obama wins or loses, it wont have anything to do with this, assuming he doesnt do it again. It was likely an off the cuff remark, but if he actually went into the day intending to say this, then he needs to fire his speechwriter. If he wrote the speech, then he obviously needs help from somebody to look over and sign off on what he'll say for each campaign stop.

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:05 PM

NOT.

The pig is right wing ideology and religious fundamentalism (the staples of the republican party). Palin is a nice shade of lipstick but as much or more of a right wing ideologue as Bush.

I'm not sure how you can go from one extreme to the other. From recognizing that religious fundamentalism and right wing propoganda are driving forces behind the hijacking of America's destiny and then fall head over heals for the republican party's most recent PR stunt which employs those aspects in its effort to hold on to power. A stunt that amounts to nothing more than another in their long line of Trojan Horses.

I really am amazed by your change in stripes considering that their tactics are the same tactics you used to decry. I would understand if maybe Obama were behaving like McCain but he's not. IMO, your campaign against Obama says a lot more about your own resentment than about anything Obama has done to deprive you of what you think is right.

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Yes it was.

Rex, I'm just curious about something. Did they teach civics classes in the school you attended?

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
ROFL that Drudge has this as his headline. He's been pretty PrObama up until now. Perhaps even he as woke the fugg up.

Tell me exactly what your beef with Obama is. Precisely and in a nutshell.

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:09 PM

Who is Barack Hussein? What is your major malfunction? Are you incapable of remembering who the candidates are?

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
AFter seeing that video, I kind of think he was winging it there. I'm not even certain he was even drawing reference on Palin's quote.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Who is Barack Hussein? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/Barack_Obama.jpg/220px-Barack_Obama.jpg

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/Barack_Obama.jpg/220px-Barack_Obama.jpg

Now I know you guys are more confused than ever. That's Barack Obama. No wonder you guys are voting for John McCain. You think Obama is Hussein. Maybe you should bone up on current events before you start expressing opinions about things you don't know about. Geez.

Nightfyre
09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Well my sons are both shaking their heads at this and saying how classless it is. They are 16 and 12. :doh!:

Makes me wonder what they think of you.

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
The best thing the McCain camp could have done was to not say anything.

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Of course the McCain camp is angry about it. They're going to do what republicans always do. They're going to use the corporate media to turn it into a fricking circus.

Meanwhile, McCain and Palin get to challenge Obama's character based on nothing but their own unfounded smears against him and the corporate media doesn't make a peep.

Seriously, this country is a bunch of ****ing imbeciles.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
This thread makes me realize there are some really dumb ****ers that post on this site, if you honestly think he called her a pig or that was sexist or some shit like that, you should honestly off yourself, you'd increase the intelligence level of the human gene pool.

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Of course the McCain camp is angry about it. They're going to do what republicans always do. They're going to use the corporate media to turn it into a fricking circus.

Meanwhile, McCain and Palin get to challenge Obama's character based on nothing but their own unfounded smears against him and the corporate media doesn't make a peep.

Those statements apply to both parties. Both sides smear relentlessly and you know it.

penchief
You realize that's his middle name right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Uh, yeah. His middle name. Not his last name. I'm sure the real Barack Hussein doesn't run around using his middle name as his last name. You do realize that, right?

Mecca
LMAO... now the media is on McCain's side?

You should throw yourself into a trash compactor reading your posts is like dealing with someone who's brain never developed.

Cave Johnson
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
This thread makes me realize there are some really dumb ****ers that post on this site, if you honestly think he called her a pig or that was sexist or some shit like that, you should honestly off yourself, you'd increase the intelligence level of the human gene pool.

+1.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
LMAO... now on video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPd4yk0x-eg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPd4yk0x-eg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why'd you post that? You just proved he wasn't talking about Palin.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Why'd you post that? You just proved he wasn't talking about Palin.

He's a complete moron, I don't even think he can comprehend basic things let alone realize when he's making himself look like more of an idiot than he already is.

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 06:25 PM

Give me a break. Drudge has been in the tank for NObama for awhile now. The fact that he has this up on his website as a slam NObama is shocking.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Give me a break. Drudge has been in the tank for NObama for awhile now. The fact that he has this up on his website as a slam NObama is shocking.

Watch the video. What does any of it have to do with Palin?

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
He's a complete moron, I don't even think he can comprehend basic things let alone realize when he's making himself look like more of an idiot than he already is.
Yep. He is one of the posters I tend to skip over his posts.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM

I'm not over here that much....are these people honestly so stupid they don't know what a metaphor is?

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
LMAO... now the media is on McCain's side?

They have been since the start. Which is why they never called him on his gaffes or his personal attacks. Yet they spent weeks disecting all of his unfounded attacks on Obama which gave credence to those attacks.

Even now, he's getting a free ride. He has yet to be held accountable for his claims against Obama and Palin is getting a free ride, too. But there is no doubt that Obama's pig analogy is going to be played to the hilt by the corporate media and the republican spin machine.

Nightfyre
09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm not over here that much....are these people honestly so stupid they don't know what a metaphor is?

They felt the need to interpret it out of context as an allusion. Why? Because it gives them material with which to run weak smaque. Thats all 3/4s of dc is anymore.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
They felt the need to interpret it out of context as an allusion. Why? Because it gives them material with which to run weak smaque. Thats all 3/4s of dc is anymore.

I can't deal with people who can't logically back up what they say and need to take things completely out of context and spin them, it makes me wanna kick them in the head.

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I can't deal with people who can't logically back up what they say and need to take things completely out of context and spin them, it makes me wanna kick them in the head.
Referring to both sides I hope. It applies either way.

dirk digler
AFter seeing that video, I kind of think he was winging it there. I'm not even certain he was even drawing reference on Palin's quote.

He wasn't

Obama's campaign said he wasn't referring to Palin; he had been talking about McCain immediately before the lipstick comment.

Donger

"So young. So angry! Damn that rap music!"

memyselfI

Too late. In politics perception is reality. And NObama is an idiot for forgetting this yet again. He knew what he was saying and it was no accident.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
You should throw yourself into a trash compactor reading your posts is like dealing with someone who's brain never developed.

LMAO

You need to stay over here more Mecca

VAChief
Uh, yeah. His middle name. Not his last name. I'm sure the real Barack Hussein doesn't run around using his middle name as his last name. You do realize that, right?

Forgive him his middle name is probably Vega, Citation or Beretta!

Jenson71
E=mc2 is a 'sexed equation' because it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us.

Nightfyre
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Referring to both sides I hope. It applies either way.
For me, I don't even have a side. This set-in-stone "my side versus their side" is half the problem. It's stupid and here, it isn't changing anyone's mind. Further, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESIDENCY. I enjoyed DC much more when it was about the issues.

memyselfI
He wasn't

Had NObama ever talked about McCain and lipstick before the convention?

Mecca

You're one of the people on this side of the board I really dislike so I'd suggest not playing your shit with me.

Mecca
For me, I don't even have a side. This set-in-stone "my side versus their side" is half the problem. It's stupid and here, it isn't changing anyone's mind. Further, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESIDENCY. I enjoyed DC much more when it was about the issues.

I use to never come over here because it was heavily conservative dominated and any other view was basically pissed on.

Guru
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
The fact that it's the headline of Drudge is what is going to hurt him...
Ok, I'll bite... What the hell are you talking about? Drudge has never been a liberal supporter as you have stated a few times in this thread now.

alnorth
different subject: is meme for real?

I mean, I understand she wanted Hillary, but surely she is just having some fun and mocking Obama's troubles all the while realizing her posts on a football message board wont change anything, and on election day she'll reluctantly hold her nose and vote for him. Right?

Donger
You're one of the people on this side of the board I really dislike so I'd suggest not playing your shit with me.

ROFL

Donger
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I use to never come over here because it was heavily conservative dominated and any other view was basically pissed on.

So, you're basically a pussy? Is that accurate?

HolmeZz
Too late. In politics perception is reality. And NObama is an idiot for forgetting this yet again. He knew what he was saying and it was no accident.

He definitely knew what he was saying and, as evidenced by the clip, what he was saying had nothing to do with Palin. It's only being perpetrated by lying sacks of shit like yourself.

Guru
Well, this place obviously has no balance at all then because it all shifted to the other side now.

Jenson71
The privileging of solid over fluid mechanics, and indeed the inability of science to deal with turbulent flow at all, she attributes to the association of fluidity with femininity. Whereas men have sex organs that protrude and become rigid, women have openings that leak menstrual blood and vaginal fluids. . . From this perspective it is no wonder that science has not been able to arrive at a successful model for turbulence. The problem of turbulent flow cannot be solved because the conceptions of fluids (and of women) have been formulated so as necessarily to leave unarticulated remainders.

VAChief
09-09-2008, 06:39 PM

I mean, I understand she wanted Hillary, but surely she is just having some fun and mocking Obama's troubles all the while realizing her posts on a football message board wont change anything, and on election day she'll reluctantly hold her nose and vote for him. Right?

No she is really is that shallow and bitter. At least that is my perception.

headsnap
Palin at the convention: "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick!"

Obama: "You can put lipstick on a pig..."

very unfortunate for Barry.. :shake:

Mecca
So, you're basically a pussy? Is that accurate?

That's rich coming from you.....I have 0 desire to speak to people so entrenched in their views you could point something obvious out to them and they'd still ignore it and that's what it was.

You calling anyone a pussy though is the greatest thing ever since you antagonize people then wonder why they get pissed at you.

dirk digler

I know. It is going to be the faux outrage that he said something sexist when he clearly didn't.

Donger
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
He definitely knew what he was saying and, as evidenced by the clip, what he was saying had nothing to do with Palin. It's only being perpetrated by lying sacks of shit like yourself.

I don't think Barack Hussein was trying to equate Palin to a pig. But, it seems likely that the lipstick comment was directed squarely at her.

Let's not lose all objectivity.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, this place obviously has no balance at all then because it all shifted to the other side now.

Picture a forum full of Iowanians, Dongers, jakes, and roys.......I didn't come over here mostly because it made my brain hurt.

Donger
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
That's rich coming from you.....I have 0 desire to speak to people so entrenched in their views you could point something obvious out to them and they'd still ignore it and that's what it was.

You calling anyone a pussy though is the greatest thing ever since you antagonize people then wonder why they get pissed at you.

I don't wonder at all.

alnorth

If he intended to say that, then politically speaking, he's an idiot. Period.

Since I dont believe he is an idiot politically speaking or otherwise, I have to assume he was off script having fun and winging it in front of a friendly audience.

Mecca
I know. It is going to be the faux outrage that he said something sexist when he clearly didn't.

They'd send John McCain to kick Obama's ass for this.....but he can't move his arms.

HolmeZz

Did CCW ever start implying Barack was a muslim until it was evident he was going to be the nominee?

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM

They just turned a good line back on them.

McCain does that as well by mocking Obama's Change we Can believe in and all his messiah talk and parting the waters.

It was a good line and I am finally happy Obama is fighting back

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
If he intended to say that, then politically speaking, he's an idiot. Period.

Since I dont believe he is an idiot politically speaking or otherwise, I have to assume he was off script having fun and winging it in front of a friendly audience.

He wasn't talking about Palin at all. That's the problem. Did you see the clip? This is one of the lowest forms of intellectual dishonesty I've ever seen.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM

I don't think it's sexist at all. Just very poor taste and judgment from Barry...

change you can believe in... ROFL

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't think Barack Hussein was trying to equate Palin to a pig. But, it seems likely that the lipstick comment was directed squarely at her.

I think it was more directed at both of them but I think that is a fair statement either way

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Give me a break. All you have to do is watch the networks and realize what stories they're pushing and which ones they aren't to realize how they are trying to steer the narrative.

Hell, maybe it was just me but it sure did seem odd that during the democratic convention the damn republican operatives were like cockroaches on every network in full force every night hammering away at the democrats during the democrats time. And while there were some democrats on the networks during the republican convention the imbalance was so obvious it wasn't even funny.

The corporate media is exactly what it is. A corporate entity owned and operated by corporations for the benefit of corporations. And that means that there is going to be a programming slant that favors corporate interests. It isn't just in politics, it's in everything from marketing to popular culture. It's not about the truth or the news anymore, it's about manipulating the public.

War, OJ, and the republican party are all good for the media business.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh that isn't poor taste, I could say something way worse.....like say...

John McCain says he's gonna shake up Washington.....that's impossible you can't shake anything without the use of your arms!

penchief

Who is Barack Hussein. You don't even realize that you sound like a broken record.

alnorth
It was a good line and I am finally happy Obama is fighting back

There's fighting back (no foreign policy experience, right wing extremist, abortion, etc), and then there's being personally insulting with an arguably misogynistic comment that does nothing but hurt yourself out of stupidity.

Again, this COULDNT have been scripted. He's just not that stupid.

VAChief

I would agree. He has been talking a lot about her "reformer" comments which parallels this old metaphor.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think it's sexist at all. Just very poor taste and judgment from Barry...

change you can believe in... ROFL

What did his comment have to do with Palin?

Reaper16
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
OMG just watch the video. This is so stupid.

Mecca
Who is Barack Hussein. You don't even realize that you sound like a broken record.

I like how he posts that on this forum like anyone is gonna go oh my god his middle name is Hussein?!?!

Reaper16
I like how he posts that on this forum like anyone is gonna go oh my god his middle name is Hussein?!?!
He does it because he knows that it's irritating.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
and then there's being personally insulting with an arguably misogynistic comment that does nothing but hurt yourself out of stupidity.

Arguably misogynstic when? When you take it completely out of context and attribute it to Palin when he was talking about McCain?

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
There's fighting back (no foreign policy experience, right wing extremist, abortion, etc), and then there's being personally insulting with an arguably misogynistic comment that does nothing but hurt yourself out of stupidity.

This was from earlier today

Democratic Congressman Russ Carnahan on Tuesday ripped into Palin’s record and punctuated it with this snarky jab. “There’s no way you can dress up that record, even with a lot of lipstick,” he said.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
What did his comment have to do with Palin?

With Palin already having a 'lipstick' line in her convention speech, it was in poor taste for Barry to use the line that he did.

at the very least it shows very poor judgment from the candidate of change...

Reaper16
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
This is the dumbest shit since the Palin-wasn't-pregnant debacle.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Politico is once again calling it straight

UPDATE: The McCain campaign is now saying Obama called Palin a pig, which he didn't. They also note that "lipstick is a fairly common idiom he often uses," as in a recent Washington Post interview (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/13/AR2007091301679_pf.html). McCain has also used the phrase (http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/obama_did_not_call_sarah_palin.php). Though on a day when Obama's surrogates were joking (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Carnahan_Theres_no_way_you_can_dress_up_that_record_even_with_a_lot_of_lipstick.html?showall) that Palin's record can't be concealed with lipstick, it was hard for those following the campaign not to hear the echo.

Donger

Oh, I think this was intentional. Barack Hussein is still thinking that he's ahead and untouchable.

Reaper16
Democratic Congressman Russ Carnahan on Tuesday ripped into Palin’s record and punctuated it with this snarky jab. “There’s no way you can dress up that record, even with a lot of lipstick,” he said.

whaomg hes talking about womens i know it

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Faux outrage

From the article I posted and it was from Sept 2007

"I think that both General Petraeus (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/David+Petraeus?tid=informline) and Ambassador Crocker are capable people who have been given an impossible assignment," Sen. Barack Obama (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/barack-obama/) said yesterday in a telephone interview. "George Bush (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/George+W.+Bush?tid=informline) has given a mission to General Petraeus, and he has done his best to try to figure out how to put lipstick on a pig."

penchief
Arguably misogynstic when? When you take it completely out of context and attribute it to Palin when he was talking about McCain?

That's what republicans do. The attack the character and motives of their opponents then they feign outrage over something taken out of context in order to play the victim. Amazingly, it goes right over a lot of people's heads.

KCTitus
This is a new kind of campaign that doesnt do the old style campaigning and resort to personal attacks like the republicans do.

LOL...I couldnt even make it up fast enough and penchief came through. Nice Work!

HolmeZz
With Palin already having a 'lipstick' line in her convention speech, it was in poor taste for Barry to use the line that he did.

at the very least it shows very poor judgment from the candidate of change...

Palin doesn't own the f*cking word 'lipstick'. His comment had nothing to do with her and you just admitted as much.

NewChief
I'm sure all of the anti-PC crowd will be chiming up any time now about how America has become a bunch of flaming pussies who can't say anything without having the ACLU trot out a suit against them...

Right?

Oh, nope. The anti-PC crowd loves to use the PC agenda just as much as anyone when it suits their ends.

Donger
Politico is once again calling it straight

Good. However, Barack Hussein should have the common sense to realize that the paradigm has changed.

This was a gaffe, nothing more, IMO.

Reaper16
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm sure all of the anti-PC crowd will be chiming up any time now about how America has become a bunch of flaming pussies who can't say anything without having the ACLU trot out a suit against them...

Right?

Oh, nope. The anti-PC crowd loves to use the PC agenda just as much as anyone when it suits their ends.
:clap:

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Faux outrage

From the article I posted and it was from Sept 2007

Thread over.

penchief
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Good. However, Barack Hussein should have the common sense to realize that the paradigm has changed.

It's Barack Obama, dummy.

Reaper16
Name a POTUS candidate in the last thirty years who hasn't used the lipstick-on-a-pig line? Everyone uses it; it's a staple.

dirk digler

I have no problem with that and I imagine he won't say it again

bigfoot
LMAO That was one hilarious line. LMAO

I thought his, "them driving the car off the ditch", was funnier.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
He called them pigs? That's classless.

alnorth
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
This was from earlier today

So? That second quote from the Congressman had absolutely nothing objectionable in it whatsoever.

memyselfI
09-09-2008, 06:59 PM

uh, I'm for real. I am not voting for NObama. MOF...

http://bbq.isgoodfor.us/wp-content/FlyingPigs.jpg

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 07:01 PM

"I think that both General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker are capable people who have been given an impossible assignment," Sen. Barack Obama said yesterday in a telephone interview. "George Bush has given a mission to General Petraeus, and he has done his best to try to figure out how to put lipstick on a pig."

Don't run away, CCW.

alnorth
09-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Palin doesn't own the f*cking word 'lipstick'.

This week, after the speech and endless soundbites, she does in fact own the word lipstick in politics. You can NOT use the word without people assuming you are obliquely referring to Palin, intentionally or otherwise.

Again, I BELIEVE OBAMA DIDNT MEAN TO REFER TO PALIN. Thats not the point. Some people are actually saying this was not a gaffe at all, which is just stupid.

This is a classic textbook gaffe. You cant, with a straight face, act as if this wasnt a silly mistake that will be explained, lived down, and forgotten in a couple weeks. If you seriously believe this wasnt a gaffe, then I dare Obama to use that phrase in his standard stump speech for the next week and we'll see what happens.

If all roles were reversed and Obama was a Republican, I'd have a brief "oh s**t" moment, then start doing damage control on boards like this.

HolmeZz
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I hope Obama keeps using the line. Just to spite the retards here.

alnorth
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope Obama keeps using the line. Just to spite the retards here.

I can just about guarantee he wont. There's a good reason for that.

Assuming his campaign manager were retarded enough to let him do so, then I'm sure Obama would stop using the line in a few days after the resulting news cycle eruption and his poll numbers dropped another 4 points. Once is a gaffe, a human mistake that we all could make on the fly in front of a crowd. More than that this week in the context we live in today, is a suicidal attack on Palin for her looks.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
All he has to do is shut the hell up for two months, and he's the president. He can't even figure that out.

Donger
09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
This week, after the speech and endless soundbites, she does in fact own the word lipstick in politics. You can NOT use the word without people assuming you are obliquely referring to Palin, intentionally or otherwise.

Again, I BELIEVE OBAMA DIDNT MEAN TO REFER TO PALIN. Thats not the point. Some people are actually saying this was not a gaffe at all, which is just stupid.

This is a classic textbook gaffe. You cant, with a straight face, act as if this wasnt a silly mistake that will be explained, lived down, and forgotten in a couple weeks. If you seriously believe this wasnt a gaffe, then I dare Obama to use that phrase in his standard stump speech for the next week and we'll see what happens.

If all roles were reversed and Obama was a Republican, I'd have a brief "oh s**t" moment, then start doing damage control on boards like this.

Barack Hussein doesn't make mistakes. You need to understand the mentality of his followers.

He is infallible.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
All he has to do is shut the hell up for two months, and he's the president. He can't even figure that out.

It's about the truth.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:12 PM

thank you! you said it much better than I could... :toast:

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Barack Hussein doesn't make mistakes. You need to understand the mentality of his followers.

He is infallible.
and he is!

as long as he has an um... ah... uh... teleprompter in front of him.....

Direckshun
09-09-2008, 07:16 PM
I can not believe this thread has bloated to 150 replies.

This election cycle is officially rivaling the 2004 election in terms of depressing me.

irishjayhawk
09-09-2008, 07:16 PM

This explains why I'm trying to get away. It's worked so far. Baby steps.

Cannibal
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
What's the pig deal? :)

My god those are funny. Can you image if that fuggin tranny had been nominated!!! Those pics would've been plastered everywhere. To think Rexjake wanted that guy so bad.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I enjoy how people are either so stupid, or so ignoring that they don't understand metaphors.

Cannibal
09-09-2008, 07:18 PM

And they were raised by a completely vindictive uber dunce. I can't really blame them I guess.

irishjayhawk
09-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I enjoy how people are either so stupid, or so ignoring that they don't understand metaphors.

It says a lot about America, honestly.

The good thing about the internet: it exposes stupid people who should, actually, be killed for evolutionary purposes.
The bad thing about the internet: it gives stupid people a voice and they end up drowning out the intelligent ones.

Chief Henry
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM

+1

Cannibal
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Tell me exactly what your beef with Obama is. Precisely and in a nutshell.

He has a wang and he beat Hillary. It REALLY is that simple. I don't know why you guys refuse to accept it.

Calcountry
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
He's Muslim. What does he know about pigs? :DI love how stephynopolis had to, very hushed I might add, remind him of his "true" faith.

uhhh oh yeah, Christian faith.

Stephy probably was going "oh shit man, what in the hell are you thinking" inside as he tried to lob softball after softball to him. He finally just about framed the answer in one of his questions and the dumm ass still couldn't deal with it.

I am beginning to wonder if he is that shallow.

Calcountry
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I can not believe this thread has bloated to 150 replies.

This election cycle is officially rivaling the 2004 election in terms of depressing me.
take 2 vicoden and chase it with 2 double shots of Whisky and go to bed.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
+1

Aren't you busy blowing Johnny for his homer thread?

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
For me, I don't even have a side. This set-in-stone "my side versus their side" is half the problem. It's stupid and here, it isn't changing anyone's mind. Further, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESIDENCY. I enjoyed DC much more when it was about the issues.I agree. This place has turned into a pissing contest. Lets see who can dig up the most dirt on the other guys candidate.

Chief Henry
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Palin at the convention: "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick!"

Obama: "You can put lipstick on a pig..."

very unfortunate for Barry.. :shake:

His one liner today has connotations all over it about Sarah's Lipstick comment. Only the OBOTS don't want to admit to that.

I thought it was a funny line by him, but it won't help him with the female independants and die hard Hillary supporters thats for sure.

Lets see how big of a STINK this causes.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:25 PM
It says a lot about America, honestly.

The good thing about the internet: it exposes stupid people who should, actually, be killed for evolutionary purposes.
The bad thing about the internet: it gives stupid people a voice and they end up drowning out the intelligent ones.

it took a while, but at least you and mecca finally figured this out...

killing you two for evolutionary purposes is a bit harsh though... sterilization would do the trick just fine... :p

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
You're one of the people on this side of the board I really dislike so I'd suggest not playing your shit with me.LMAO Chill, dude. I LOVE how Donger ****s with people, and gets under their skin. The best part is you don't even realize he's ****ing with you...

Donger
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Other than Dirk, I don't see any other Barack Hussein supporters having the courage to admit that this was a stupid thing for him to say.

It's okay; he's human. He's going to make errors.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
LMAO Chill, dude. I LOVE how Donger ****s with people, and gets under their skin. The best part is you don't even realize he's ****ing with you...

I have very little patience for people like him.

Chief Henry
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Aren't you busy blowing Johnny for his homer thread?

Are you still swallowing Mecca ?

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2008, 07:28 PM
So, you're basically a pussy? Is that accurate?LMAO

Guru
09-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree. This place has turned into a pissing contest. Lets see who can dig up the most dirt on the other guys candidate.
And neither side is willing to try to be the bigger person.:shake:

DeezNutz
I have very little patience for people like him.

What's up with your McCain's arms schtick? Is this a rejection of all the POW stories, or something else?

BigMeatballDave
I have 0 desire to speak to people so entrenched in their views you could point something obvious out to them and they'd still ignore it and that's what it was.
Both sides are equally guilty of this.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:32 PM
And neither side is willing to try to be the bigger person.:shake:

that's because when you really get down to it, we are all just little people arguing on the internets...

NewChief
Straight talk express, baby.

Mecca
What's up with your McCain's arms schtick? Is this a rejection of all the POW stories, or something else?

Some humor......people could use a lightening up after all the ridiculous shit that gets posted over here.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Other than Dirk, I don't see any other Barack Hussein supporters having the courage to admit that this was a stupid thing for him to say.

I never said that.... :D

DeezNutz
09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Some humor......people could use a lightening up after all the ridiculous shit that gets posted over here.

Cool. Don't disagree about the need for folks to calm down.

Tough one to laugh at, though. Even if one hates the man, it's hard not to respect this aspect of his personal history.

Donger
09-09-2008, 07:35 PM

You are aware that McCain can indeed move his arms? He just can't raise them above his shoulders, due to the wounds he suffered.

Right?

I would hope that you'd at least attempt to be accurate.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM

The only people who give a shit about Drudge and the bullshit out there have already made up their minds who they're voting for in November.

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Guru
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
that's because when you really get down to it, we are all just little people arguing on the internets...
that is the easy convenient answer.

headsnap
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
that is the easy convenient answer.

no, that's the honest answer...

Mecca
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
You are aware that McCain can indeed move his arms? He just can't raise them above his shoulders, due to the wounds he suffered.

Right?

I would hope that you'd at least attempt to be accurate.

It's not accurate on purpose I'm not trying to slam him I'm making a joke....

Donger
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
It's not accurate on purpose I'm not trying to slam him I'm making a joke....

Interesting.

ClevelandBronco
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
This may well be the most inept campaign I've ever witnessed. Sen. Obama ought to be so far ahead by now that no one would even be talking about this election.

Good bloody grief.

dirk digler
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Apparently McCain said this line when he was talking about Hillary Clinton's health plan last year LMAO

Was he being sexist?

McCain criticized Democratic contenders for offering what he called costly universal health-care proposals that require too much government regulation. While he said he had not studied Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton's plan, he said it was "eerily reminiscent" of the failed plan she offered as first lady in the 1990s.

"I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig," he said of her proposal.

VAChief
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Apparently McCain said this line when he was talking about Hillary Clinton's health plan last year LMAO

Was he being sexist?

It is why this won't be a big deal. How can McCain complain he has used it more than once himself.

Donger
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM

Was he being sexist?

I don't even want to think where Hillary wears lipstick...

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't even want to think where Hillary wears lipstick...

on bills pee pee

Donger
09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
on bills pee pee

ROFL

That's a bet I'd be willing to take. Monica? sure thing.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Was he being sexist?

How dare you question McCain and his innocent comment. He picked a woman for his VP, how can he be sexist.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_Lipstick_on_a_pig.html

Hmm... not sure what to think about this... Is this close to being out of line?

ROFL

Talk-radio is having a field day with it. I think McCain's camp has already gotten too close to it. They should just rise above it and send Sarah Palin out with a variation on "I've been called worse than what Senator Obama said. If he wants to call me names that's fine, John McCain and I are focused on improving the lives of real Americans, the same Americans he thinks must be stupid to want someone other than him to lead them."

Yeah, that'd do it.

ROFL

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
ROFL

Talk-radio is having a field day with it. I think McCain's camp has already gotten too close to it. They should just rise above it and send Sarah Palin out with a variation on "I've been called worse than what Senator Obama said. If he wants to call me names that's fine, John McCain and I are focused on improving the lives of real Americans, the same Americans he thinks must be stupid to want someone other than him to lead them."

Yeah, that'd do it.

ROFL

by using the same quote mccain is on record of using?

she's much too hot to be this insecure

Carlota69
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_Lipstick_on_a_pig.html

Hmm... not sure what to think about this... Is this close to being out of line?

Whats the problem? John Sidney has said the same thing in regards to Hillary...They can dish it out but they cant take it huh?

wazu
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
CNN is circling the wagons. Repeating all Democrat talking points listed in this thread on a loop.

go bowe
09-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Who is Barack Hussein? What is your major malfunction? Are you incapable of remembering who the candidates are?whoa, whoa...

eee-say, eee-say, big guy...

i use barack's middle name all the time...

i'm proud of america...

because we are going to elect the first person with an muslim middle name ever...

president hussein the first...

kinda catchy, don't you think?

go bowe
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM

It's okay; he's human. He's going to make errors.how 'bout having the courage to say it was not a stupid thing to say...

it was a clever move...

and great theater...

he took her pig joke and used it against her...

the guy is an amazing politician...

Guru
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
no, that's the honest answer...

Sorry if that came off as an attack on your comment. I didn't mean it that way. More of an overall statement regarding the way posts go on this board.

We are little when it comes to the big picture but the belittling of everyones opinions rather than having civil discussions in this place is just embarrassing.

Even though I consider myself conservative I still am fairly close to center. It seems the far left and far right people always have to go to the extremes to belittle others for not sharing their opinions and don't care what they say to anyone. If they want more discussion then they need to start posting more like Direckshun does. You know where he stands but, for the most part, he tries not to trample on you (unless you push him :D). This could be a very informative place if we could do away with the pettiness and actually discuss issues rather than just beat people down.

Reaper16
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
CNN is circling the wagons. Repeating all Democrat talking points listed in this thread on a loop.
Yes, because the definition of the word metaphor is a Democratic talking point.:rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Jesus Christ, this thread displayed some epic stupidity as well as intellectual dishonesty.

#1) That is a well established and well known phrase throughout much of the country. It's no more controversial than saying you can't get blood out of a turnip or you can't polish a turd.
#2) McCain has himself said it about the policies of Hillary Clinton, and there is audio evidence of him doing so.
#3) All this issue does is further elucidate how desperate and pathetic the politics of the Right are. They play to the lowest common denominator of society, hoping that they will be stupid enough to believe something just because they utter it, despite blatant falsities. Unfortunately, so much of the country is so desperately inured in their own idiocy, so sheepish, and so intellectually lazy that they will believe anything that is told to them.

Again, a sad state of affairs for American politics.

Friendo
09-10-2008, 05:18 AM
how 'bout having the courage to say it was not a stupid thing to say...

it was a clever move...

and great theater...

:clap:

Mecca
09-10-2008, 05:19 AM
You're pretty much dead on, the right plays this card because they know there are people dumb enough to buy into it.

If you are actually intellectual the right basically dismisses you as an elitest snob that doesn't understand everyday people. Is that a nice way of trying to say "look most people are dumb and believe what we say you don't get it" ?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 05:26 AM
You're pretty much dead on, the right plays this card because they know there are people dumb enough to buy into it.

If you are actually intellectual the right basically dismisses you as an elitest snob that doesn't understand everyday people. Is that a nice way of trying to say "look most people are dumb and believe what we say you don't get it" ?

Fortunately for the Republican Party, they have a nigh endless supply of BigChiefDave's, recxjake's, ChiefHenry's, and Roy's to draw from.

Every day I live, Idiocracy becomes more and more prescient.

Mecca
09-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Fortunately for the Republican Party, they have a nigh endless supply of BigChiefDave's, recxjake's, ChiefHenry's, and Roy's to draw from.

I know exactly how that feels, it's not a fun thought when you realize how many people are in this country just like them.

the Talking Can
09-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Yes, because the definition of the word metaphor is a Democratic talking point.:rolleyes:

and that's why Colbert is a literal genius:

"Reality has a well known liberal bias"

jjjayb
09-10-2008, 06:13 AM
If Ross Perot caught crap for saying "you people", why wouldn't Obama get crap for talking about putting lipstick on a pig. "lipstick on a pig" is as sexist as "you people" is racist. Neither is racist or sexist, but in this ridiculously PC society they will be taken that way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:16 AM
If Ross Perot caught crap for saying "you people", why wouldn't Obama get crap for talking about putting lipstick on a pig. "lipstick on a pig" is as sexist as "you people" is racist. Neither is racist or sexist, but in this ridiculously PC society they will be taken that way.

So then, how do you feel about John McCain saying it in relation to the policies of Hillary Clinton? I assume you share similar distaste.

penchief
09-10-2008, 06:16 AM

He is infallible.

Who is Barack Hussein? I can't believe that you are incapbable of remembering the guys name.

penchief
09-10-2008, 06:18 AM

Who is Barack Hussein? And who are his supporters?

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:18 AM

Was he being sexist?

Had Hillary made a point to make lipstick her symobolic identifier? If so, I missed it.

I thought pantsuits was hers. :doh!:

See 'Siserhood of the traveling pantsuits' if you have any doubts about Hillary's symbollic identifier.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Had Hillary made a point to make lipstick her symobolic identifier? If so, I missed it.

I thought pantsuits was hers. :doh!:

See 'Siserhood of the traveling pantsuits' if you have any doubts about Hillary's symbollic identifier.

There is no end to your hypocrisy, is there?

I didn't realize that Palin's symbolic identifier of her entire VP campaign is a one line quip about the lip adornment of hockey moms, written by someone else.

penchief
09-10-2008, 06:22 AM

Yep. Idiocracy (the movie) sums it up pretty good. That's about where this country stands right now. And a special thanks goes out to the corporate media for dumbing us all down.

jjjayb
09-10-2008, 06:23 AM
So then, how do you feel about John McCain saying it in relation to the policies of Hillary Clinton? I assume you share similar distaste.

Do you know how to read? Did you not see where I said it wasn't sexist?:shake:

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:24 AM

It was stupid. The point of using reverse code words effectively is to NOT use them if you already have a problem relating to those code words. Meaning, if you already are identified with or have the perception of sexism then you don't use sexually identifying reverse code words to make a point. :doh!: Or if you do then you do so in a way that relates to YOU and not about them.

NObama has a 'pussy' problem...

PUMA. Those cats are not going to cut him any slack because of the sexist campaign they saw Hillary endure. If NObama is stupid enough to tease angry cats then he's gonna get clawed.

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/puma_logo.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Do you know how to read? Did you not see where I said it wasn't sexist?:shake:

It's not the PC society that makes them be seen as sexist, it's a desperate political ploy that wants them to be seen as sexist.

jjjayb
09-10-2008, 06:27 AM
It's not the PC society that makes them be seen as sexist, it's a desperate political ploy that wants them to be seen as sexist.

Must be the same desperate political ploy that wanted "you people" to be racist.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Must be the same desperate political ploy that wanted "you people" to be racist.

I don't know the full context of that quote. What I do know is that "lipstick on a pig" is a common expression in American vernacular intended to refer to anything that is presented as a beautified version of what really is no different.

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:30 AM

Now it's 'community organizer' like there aren't community organizers who are white. :rolleyes:

Lipstick OTOH is a female thing...

for the most part. We all know exceptions to this rule.

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:31 AM
I don't know the full context of that quote. What I do know is that "lipstick on a pig" is a common expression in American vernacular intended to refer to anything that is presented as a beautified version of what really is no different.

Sarah Palin owns lipstick this election cycle. Proceed with caution...

just sayin.

penchief
09-10-2008, 06:44 AM

just sayin.

And republicans own change, too. Hell, let's just give them everything.

I hope you realize that you are contributing to the nonsense that is destroying common sense and pragamatism in the way we choose our leaders.

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:45 AM
There is no end to your hypocrisy, is there?

I didn't realize that Palin's symbolic identifier of her entire VP campaign is a one line quip about the lip adornment of hockey moms, written by someone else.

You didn't realize because you aren't paying attention.

memyselfI
09-10-2008, 06:47 AM

I hope you realize that you are contributing to the nonsense that is destroying common sense and pragamatism in the way we choose our leaders.

Think what you want.

The common sense and pragmatism in choosing leaders went out the window this election cycle when DEMS had 11 candidates and ended up choosing the least qualified, tested, and experienced one based on touchy, feely, warm fuzzies they got from him. :doh!::rolleyes:

Mecca
09-10-2008, 06:49 AM

I don't think it's worth trying at this point logic is lost on some people.

mlyonsd
09-10-2008, 06:59 AM

just sayin.

Bingo.

The line was of course just politics, but when they ran the clip this morning and my wife heard it for the first time she took it exactly the way he didn't want it to be taken.

I'm guessing there are lots of hockey, soccer, and various other types of moms this morning with the same feeling.

Definitely a mistake from a political POV.

Mecca
09-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Apparently one can never use a metaphor, since half the country won't comprehend it.

mlyonsd
09-10-2008, 07:02 AM
how 'bout having the courage to say it was not a stupid thing to say...

it was a clever move...

and great theater...

So amazing he lost votes by saying it. Brilliant.

mlyonsd
09-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Apparently one can never use a metaphor, since half the country won't comprehend it.
You can use all the metaphors you want. There are a few however you're better off staying away from if you want to win an election.

Mecca
09-10-2008, 07:07 AM
You can use all the metaphors you want. There are a few however you're better off staying away from if you want to win an election.

I'd rather hide behind a chick and scream out sexism, that's the John McCain way.

It's honestly a ridiculous assertion, Obama should lay this shit down and tell McCain call me a sexist yourself don't have some former governor do it.

mlyonsd
09-10-2008, 07:12 AM
I'd rather hide behind a chick and scream out sexism, that's the John McCain way.

It's honestly a ridiculous assertion, Obama should lay this shit down and tell McCain call me a sexist yourself don't have some former governor do it.

LOL, yea, that would make it better. Talk right past her.

Obama laid a good one here. You do understand I know it was just a political comment. I'm just amazed at it though. Obama usually doesn't screw up like this. From a political POV.

WilliamTheIrish
09-10-2008, 07:19 AM
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! He said pig".

Is it time to shut down the DC forum? It's just too personal.

Iowanian
09-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Palin is hotter than a popcorn fart after Hoperah called her a pig.

I'll bet Obama counters this by loading up on guido gloss and going with the "pouty kiss" pose at the photo op.

Sully
09-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Ho...
Leee.....

Shit.....

I saw the title of this thread, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why there would be 5 pages worth of controversy in a colloquialism old as time... but apparently there.... is?

Wow.

This is the reachiest of reaches. What does that say about you few morons who find offense in this completely benign comment.

Iowanian
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! He said pig".

Is it time to shut down the DC forum? It's just too personal.

Just wait....wait until the first political cartoon comes out referencing Obama as Curious George with his big goofy ears.

RINGLEADER
09-10-2008, 07:31 AM
This is officially stupid.

I can't believe they're talking about it on television now.

Like I said yesterday, the McCain campaign talks about this at their peril.

dirk digler
09-10-2008, 07:36 AM
This is officially stupid.

I can't believe they're talking about it on television now.

Like I said yesterday, the McCain campaign talks about this at their peril.

I agree Ringleader. From what I understand the media is now showing McCain using the exact same quote when talking about Hillary so this makes him look like a hypocrite.

I wish we could get back to talking about the issues instead of mud slinging but this election is no different then the previous ones.

RINGLEADER
09-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I agree Ringleader. From what I understand the media is now showing McCain using the exact same quote when talking about Hillary so this makes him look like a hypocrite.

I wish we could get back to talking about the issues instead of mud slinging but this election is no different then the previous ones.

It's not just the hypocrisy, it's the fact that it makes McCain and Palin look like a wimp. I was half-joking yesterday, but politically the McCain campaign should cool it on the "we want an apology" line and send Palin out to make a joke out of it at Obama's expense. And they should do it today.

Oh wait, she doesn't talk to the media.

;)

Anyway, call me a Waaaaambulance.

penchief
09-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Think what you want.

The common sense and pragmatism in choosing leaders went out the window this election cycle when DEMS had 11 candidates and ended up choosing the least qualified, tested, and experienced one based on touchy, feely, warm fuzzies they got from him. :doh!::rolleyes:

Yeah, let's not give him any credit for running a successful campaign and beating those other ten. I suppose we'd be looking a lot better with John Edwards right now. Is that what you think?

Let's not recognize the competence it took to beat out the Clintons. Instead, let's allow our sour grapes to cause us to jump in bed with the very same tactics that you once decried. Let's allow it make us petty and aggressive in our attempts to piss in our own cheerios. Let's be selfish and enable the same sleaze merchants who have used our base emotions to divide and conquer us for their own empowerment and self-enrichment.

The right wing and the corporatocracy thanks you very much for playing along.

RINGLEADER
09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
One last thing: If Obama wants to change the race he should come out this morning and tell the world that he obviously wasn't talking about his opponent. That he doesn't have to call her names to make her look bad, her policies make her look bad enough. Then say that for a campaign that is supposedly doing so well they sure are touchy. I wonder how they're going to react when Putin or some other foreign leader doesn't treat them with kid gloves.

It's a perfect opportunity for him to paint them as victims. That would be a killer line of attack and put McCain on the defensive. It would also give you a 50-50 chance of baiting the McCain campaign into digging the "we want an apology" hole deeper.

Just an opinion.

EDIT: The news says he's going to address it in a few minutes.

ROYC75
09-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Ho...
Leee.....

Shit.....

I saw the title of this thread, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why there would be 5 pages worth of controversy in a colloquialism old as time... but apparently there.... is?

Wow.

This is the reachiest of reaches. What does that say about you few morons who find offense in this completely benign comment.

I have to agree here, the pig reference has been used for years. What makes this look fishy is that Palin coined the lipstick comment 1st, people are relating them to each other, it shouldn't be.

Did Obama think about that before he said it, No, had he thought about the fallout, he probably would have selected a different reference to use. But I just don't feel Obama directed it towards Palin.

Now Bidens remarks were a slap to some women across the country.

ROYC75
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Look, the crowd took it that way, rather or not Obama meant it, Hard to say, I don't feel it.

dirk digler
09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
One last thing: If Obama wants to change the race he should come out this morning and tell the world that he obviously wasn't talking about his opponent. That he doesn't have to call her names to make her look bad, her policies make her look bad enough. Then say that for a campaign that is supposedly doing so well they sure are touchy. I wonder how they're going to react when Putin or some other foreign leader doesn't treat them with kid gloves.

It's a perfect opportunity for him to paint them as victims. That would be a killer line of attack and put McCain on the defensive. It would also give you a 50-50 chance of baiting the McCain campaign into digging the "we want an apology" hole deeper.

Just an opinion.

EDIT: The news says he's going to address it in a few minutes.

Yep. If I was running for office I would hire you

Donger
09-10-2008, 08:07 AM
The McCain camp needs to be quiet about this gaffe. They are trying to squeeze it too much.

Friendo
09-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Yep. If I was running for office I would hire you

I second that!

Sully
09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
I have to agree here, the pig reference has been used for years. What makes this look fishy is that Palin coined the lipstick comment 1st, people are relating them to each other, it shouldn't be.

Did Obama think about that before he said it, No, had he thought about the fallout, he probably would have selected a different reference to use. But I just don't feel Obama directed it towards Palin.

Now Bidens remarks were a slap to some women across the country.

"Coined?"

What? She called 'dibs?'

Reaper16
09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
"Coined?"

What? She called 'dibs?'
It's ridiculous. I bet that every POTUS candidate for the last 30 years or more has used the lipstick-on-a-pig line at some point or another. The phrase is as old as McCain.

ROYC75
09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
"Coined?"

What? She called 'dibs?'

Coined : Palin's comments about hockey mom & bulldog w /lipstick was coined during the convention, I'm just saying that Obama most likely meant nothing by it, it's an old expression that has been around for years. By Obama using it so close to the Palin's comment, (plus it's still getting played 15 times per day ) it wasn't good judgment on his part, not knowing the fallout of it by the media and most of the republicans.

The 2nd part, I do not follow ..... dibs ?

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2008, 08:31 AM
I guess this is just a bunch of Obama Campaign monkey business.

ROYC75
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I guess this is just a bunch of Obama Campaign monkey business.

Good grief ..........As critical of Obama as I am at times, I don't go there.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Good grief ..........

It's just a figure of speech.

Sully
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Coined : Palin's comments about hockey mom & bulldog w /lipstick was coined during the convention, I'm just saying that Obama most likely meant nothing by it, it's an old expression that has been around for years. By Obama using it so close to the Palin's comment, (plus it's still getting played 15 times per day ) it wasn't good judgment on his part, not knowing the fallout of it by the media and most of the republicans.

That's ridiculous.
She said "lipstick" once, so every other use of the word "lipstick" is an infringment on her, or an insult to her.

Wow.

I didn't think anything would amaze me int he bullshit that comes alogn with an election... but in this case, I am absolutely amazed.

dirk digler
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Obama nails them back and is not apologizing at all which I think is fantastic

"They are playing the same game that have made people sick of politics. They know it's catnip for the news...

This is the same old political game... It would be funny but it's phony and foolish diversions rather than about the future. Every four years, this is what we do. We have an energy crisis, and education system that is not working, we have an economy that is creating hardships, we have two wars going on and veterans not being cared for...and this is what they want to talk about. You know who ends up losing at the end of the day --- you do!

Enough! I don't care what they say about me but this election is too important. No more swift boat politics! Enough is enough. These are serious times, and they call for serious debate...

Spare me the phony outrage!"

ROYC75
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
That's ridiculous.
She said "lipstick" once, so every other use of the word "lipstick" is an infringment on her, or an insult to her.

Wow.

I didn't think anything would amaze me int he bullshit that comes alogn with an election... but in this case, I am absolutely amazed.

As funny as her comment was, it's played soooo much, that the media and the republican party is going to look at it as to Palin. It's wrong that it is ...... reason I said, even thou it is an expression that has been used for years, with it being so close to her comments, plus she is a woman, it was just a common phrase that was taken out of context by the media and republicans.

Had Obama knew the fallout, he would have coined something different ....

This whole things is just plain ........ stupid.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Obama nails them back and is not apologizing at all which I think is fantastic

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"They are playing the same game that have made people sick of politics. They know it's catnip for the news...

This is the same old political game... It would be funny but it's phony and foolish diversions rather than about the future. Every four years, this is what we do. We have an energy crisis, and education system that is not working, we have an economy that is creating hardships, we have two wars going on and veterans not being cared for...and this is what they want to talk about. You know who ends up losing at the end of the day --- you do!

Enough! I don't care what they say about me but this election is too important. No more swift boat politics! Enough is enough. These are serious times, and they call for serious debate...

Spare me the phony outrage!" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Except he has no plan for our current energy crisis. No short term solution what-so-ever. He can't fix an education system that is federally run and doesn't solve the problem of student motivation. Governemnt can't fix that. We spend more money per student and yield poorer results. The economy is creating hardships, but it's not governemnts job to fix it. These people have to fix it for themselves.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I wish the media would die. They're the ones to blame for this "gaffe".

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"They are playing the same game that have made people sick of politics. They know it's catnip for the news...

Spare me the phony outrage!" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Except he has no plan for our current energy crisis. No short term solution what-so-ever. He can't fix an education system that is federally run and doesn't solve the problem of student motivation. Governemnt can't fix that. We spend more money per student and yield poorer results. The economy is creating hardships, but it's not governemnts job to fix it. These people have to fix it for themselves.

I don't think that's accurate at all. I'm fairy confident that Obama's energy plan blows McCain's out of the water. Well, if I knew what McCain's was right now, it would help. (It changes weekly.)

As for the education system, there are simple fixes that can be pushed by the President. One is vouchers. Why should people pay for public education for OTHER people? Second, they could try to privatize it. I agree; as long as it is run by the government the worse it will be.

Donger
09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
"Phony talk about change"?

Barack Hussein's getting a little snooty.

penchief
09-10-2008, 09:16 AM
"Phony talk about change"?

Barack Hussein's getting a little snooty.

Too bad Barack Hussein is a figment of your imagination.

mlyonsd
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
The McCain camp needs to be quiet about this gaffe. They are trying to squeeze it too much.

Agreed. My wife isn't political but the gasp she made when she heard it on the news was proof it had the potential for doing damage. Now the McCain camp should just shut up about it.

kcvet
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/2008lipstick.jpg

jettio
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I think McCain is only proving that the people he hangs around with are not serious people who could solve serious problems.

McCain and his crew are talented at manipulating public stupidity, but manipulating public stupidity is only useful if you are lying to sell a war or a candidate that does not have the talent to solve problems or to win by playing fair and square.

The racists and hateful atheists on chiefs planet are fired up and think their champions have found a way to manipulate the stupid, but I still think it will come down to the elecorate in enough states overcoming racism and stupidity and voting for the better candidate from the better political party.

The GOP had the power and looked out for the rich and greedy and now act surprised when the greedy caused the mortgage, housing and credit crisis.

I am glad the McCain camp oversteps in good times and this foolishness will be repeated enough times for them to make it clear who should win.

jettio
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM

The people you are counting on to kill the black guy's chances stepped in a big pile of dogsh*t with their phony outrage.

They are going to lose, but if they happen to win, they won't solve any of our country's problems.

Sad fact is, you know that. But you are so against the black guy that you root against our country's best interest just because of your spiteful stupidity.

Donger
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
The racists and hateful atheists on chiefs planet are fired up and think their champions have found a way to manipulate the stupid, but I still think it will come down to the elecorate in enough states overcoming racism and stupidity and voting for the better candidate from the better political party.

Racists? Where?

Chief Henry
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM

Wow, just WOW. The sequel to Dumb and Dumber is being cast with barry and his OBOTS. The people in Barrys crowd yesterday responded with a huge laugh immidiatly after he said. it. Only dumb and dumber people don't think what barry said yesterday was not directed at Sarah.

Fortunatley for the Democratic party, they have hamas jerkoff and mecca leading the way in the dumb and dumber catagory.

Idiots are around us and circling the wagons.

Chief Henry
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM

neither can his worshippers

Chief Henry
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Bingo.

The line was of course just politics, but when they ran the clip this morning and my wife heard it for the first time she took it exactly the way he didn't want it to be taken.

I'm guessing there are lots of hockey, soccer, and various other types of moms this morning with the same feeling.

Definitely a mistake from a political POV.

I thought it was a funny line, but for Barry to use that line in this political
seaon is not very smart. Every one in the country knows that Sarah Palin has been using that line all week. For Barry to use it is crazy.
He just pissed off more females.......The audience in front of Barry got it
and so did the independant women that are paying attention.

Argue all you want libs, call me as many names as you can. It won't change
the fact Barry stepped in it.