PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deberg_1990
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
New JJ (Lost) Abrams series. Starts tonight on FOX.

Ive got the TIVO set!

http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Buck
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Tivo set as well, it better not suck.

ragedogg69
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
i downloaded the leak last month. i found it, dare i say, boring.

maybe episode 2 will be better

KcMizzou
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Just finished watching it. I liked it. There's a little more humor than I expected, and it's got that Abrams slick/polished look.

Obviously influenced by the X Files.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Very cool show. Lots of potential. Your right, definately X-File inspired.

Wasnt sure about "Pacey" being in cool sci-fi stuff, but hes ok.

I wonder whatever happened to James Van Der Geek? LOL

irishjayhawk
09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I was hooked when I saw Giacchino as the composer.

I was happy I was able to call the agent working with that informant.

irishjayhawk
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Also, I loved the limited commercial interruption, which is a draw for the show since it's one of two test shows they're doing it with.

keg in kc
09-09-2008, 10:35 PM
I thought the first 15 minutes was absolutely awesome. But then the second quarter hour just dragged for me. After that, I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely a show with some promise.

Isn't Dollhouse the other test show?

Buck
09-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh Hell YES!

That was the shit.

I was a kid when the X-Files was on so I cant quite remember, but I think that the X-Files were like CSI, in that each episode was its own story for the most part, while it sort of followed a general story line.

The previews for the upcoming shows make it look like its more like Lost/Heroes where the whole show follows a basic storyline, where you had to watch last weeks episode to get this weeks.

I really liked it, and I think that the actors did a pretty good job, it didn't feel like any kind of fake acting.

I will definitely be watching this show this season.

KevB
09-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh Hell YES!

That was the shit.

I was a kid when the X-Files was on so I cant quite remember, but I think that the X-Files were like CSI, in that each episode was its own story for the most part, while it sort of followed a general story line.

The previews for the upcoming shows make it look like its more like Lost/Heroes where the whole show follows a basic storyline, where you had to watch last weeks episode to get this weeks.

I really liked it, and I think that the actors did a pretty good job, it didn't feel like any kind of fake acting.

I will definitely be watching this show this season.

I'm in. It didn't hook me like LOST did from the first episode, but Fringe was good enough to get the record series treatment on my DVR.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought the first 15 minutes was absolutely awesome. But then the second quarter hour just dragged for me. After that, I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely a show with some promise.

Yes, Dollhouse is the other one.

Baby Lee
09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
I was hooked when I saw Giacchino as the composer.

I was happy I was able to call the agent working with that informant.

Yeah, that violin upsweep takes me out of Fringe and has me thinking, 'when's Lost coming back again?'

Molitoth
09-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I streamed it from fox.com, great show so far... I will be watching.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, that violin upsweep takes me out of Fringe and has me thinking, 'when's Lost coming back again?'

I know, right? Sucks I have to go a whole season without it. Oh well, maybe I can catch up on it.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow. I'm surprised at some of the comments.

I thought the score was awful. Totally derivative. It sounded like a "Pilot", not a series.

The story was "okay" but nothing special. What's JJ's fascination with planes?

This would have been a C Minus if it had been an X-Files episode. I'll watch again, but if episodes two and three aren't better than the pilot, they'll definitely lose me as a viewer.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Wow. I'm surprised at some of the comments.

I thought the score was awful. Totally derivative. It sounded like a "Pilot", not a series.

The story was "okay" but nothing special. What's JJ's fascination with planes?

This would have been a C Minus if it had been an X-Files episode. I'll watch again, but if episodes two and three aren't better than the pilot, they'll definitely lose me as a viewer.

I thought the score was good. However, I wonder how much of that is because it reminds me of LOST and how I miss it.

I would have liked JJ to direct the pilot. That was probably my only complaint. If there's anything I learned from LOST, it's that when the creators come in and take over, things change for the better.

I do agree with other comments I've read online that the dialogue left a lot to be desired. A lot like Transformers with characters saying stupid things.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought the score was good. However, I wonder how much of that is because it reminds me of LOST and how I miss it.

That's what I mean by derivative. It sounds like he was sleep walking through the score.

Molitoth
09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I liked the production, camera angles, and first/third person view switching.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
That's what I mean by derivative. It sounds like he was sleep walking through the score.

I could see that.

Buck
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I for one didn't really like the Pilot of Lost. It was a good storyline and all, but the acting seemed fake.

I'm not 100% sold on this series yet, but I will definitely be watching the first season.

Detoxing
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Yeah, the first 15 minutes was cool, got me excited. Then, it gradualy put me to sleep, at least up until she did that whole psychic communication deal. It does seem like it could get interesting though.

keg in kc
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I for one didn't really like the Pilot of Lost. It was a good storyline and all, but the acting seemed fake.That was actually my only real beef with Fringe. The female lead just seemed 'off' somehow, to me.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
That was actually my only real beef with Fringe. The female lead just seemed 'off' somehow, to me.

I thought Jackson was off. Of course, I knew that was the writing more than anything.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I enjoyed it. I'll give it a shot this season.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought Jackson was off. Of course, I knew that was the writing more than anything.

How long until we see special guest star: James Van Der Beek ??

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Now this is a badass show

Guru
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, the first 15 minutes was cool, got me excited. Then, it gradualy put me to sleep, at least up until she did that whole psychic communication deal. It does seem like it could get interesting though.
Altered States

cookster50
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM

I thought the ending was dumb though, they just had talked about how you could "communicate" with a dead person up to 6 hours after their death, yet they(the good guys) didn't think to talk to the dead agent?????

Baby Lee
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I thought that leap off the roof to the fire escape to ground was some decent stunt for a TV show.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
So?

noa
09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
So?

It was highly theoretical

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
It was highly theoretical

:p

Buck
09-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Good episode, its definitely showing its infancy, but I think I'm already addicted.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2008, 11:56 PM
So?

Lost me at 30 minutes in. Bad music, cookie cutter performances, direction and production.

It may have been good after that but they lost me.

And the chick sucks.

Deleted from the DVR.

keg in kc
09-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Just finished this week's ep, not bad. Some interesting developments in the last 5 minutes.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Just finished this week's ep, not bad. Some interesting developments in the last 5 minutes.

Is it something I should re-visit?

Because seriously, it was like watching a horrible X-files episode with actors and directors from "Numbers".

keg in kc
09-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Is it something I should re-visit?

Because seriously, it was like watching a horrible X-files episode with actors and directors from "Numbers".Well, I'm assuming it's serial, so I'd probably wait the season out, catch up on DVD if it survives. I'm not 100% sold yet.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Well, I'm assuming it's serial, so I'd probably wait the season out, catch up on DVD if it survives. I'm not 100% sold yet.

Cool, thanks.

It just felt so much like "paint by numbers". My wife hated it and predicted the first 30 minutes to a tee. Add to that the horrible score and we just said **** it.

Guru
09-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Cool, thanks.

It just felt so much like "paint by numbers". My wife hated it and predicted the first 30 minutes to a tee. Add to that the horrible score and we just said **** it.
Out loud? At the same time? cool.:D

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Out loud? At the same time? cool.:D

As a matter of fact, yes.

We do other things in unison as well.

:evil:

irishjayhawk
09-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Do I think it's as good as say, LOST? No.
Do I think it's good enough to keep me entertained for an hour a week? Yes.

Tribal Warfare
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Lost me at 30 minutes in. Bad music, cookie cutter performances, direction and production.

It may have been good after that but they lost me.

And the chick sucks.

Deleted from the DVR.

You mean TSCC has this trumped? :D

Buck
09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Do I think it's as good as say, LOST? No.
Do I think it's good enough to keep me entertained for an hour a week? Yes.

THIS

KcMizzou
09-17-2008, 09:24 PM
I missed the second episode, so I'm not sure how much my opinion matters...

BUT... There are about a billion worse shows out there...

morphius
09-18-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm not sure I'm a big fan. I enjoyed the first weeks episode, but I'm beginning to think that they may be trying to gross a person out more than make a good story.

Guru
09-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure I'm a big fan. I enjoyed the first weeks episode, but I'm beginning to think that they may be trying to gross a person out more than make a good story.I went ahead and watched the first two eps online. It is no X files. That much is certain.

It really looks like it wants to be Lost with the questions it keeps creating. I really don't want to see this turn into a show that has to go ep to ep for the storyline. I was expecting it to be more like each ep was stand alone.

irishjayhawk
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't get everyone's obsession with the X-Files. Though it was a show before my time...

ChiefsFan4Life
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Just watched the first two episodes, had them DVR'd and I am a fan ... love both episodes so far

Guru
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't get everyone's obsession with the X-Files. Though it was a show before my time...
Have you seen any episodes of it?

irishjayhawk
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Have you seen any episodes of it?

Here and there. And I saw the first movie.

Nothing to special.

morphius
09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I went ahead and watched the first two eps online. It is no X files. That much is certain.

It really looks like it wants to be Lost with the questions it keeps creating. I really don't want to see this turn into a show that has to go ep to ep for the storyline. I was expecting it to be more like each ep was stand alone.
I didn't see any of the commercials, some friend told me that it was on, so I gave it a shot. I prefer my scifi type shows to have an ongoing story, the cool thing is that you don't have to go to the well with it every episode. But eh, that could just be me...

irishjayhawk
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I didn't see any of the commercials, some friend told me that it was on, so I gave it a shot. I prefer my scifi type shows to have an ongoing story, the cool thing is that you don't have to go to the well with it every episode. But eh, that could just be me...

Does this not have an ongoing story?

Guru
09-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like the ongoing stories. Just didn't expect that with this show. And with Abrams being involved, I don't know that i need 2 shows frustrating the crap out of me with new questions posed every week.

Guru
09-19-2008, 05:27 AM
Here and there. And I saw the first movie.

Nothing to special.
Definitely DON'T go by the movie. Rent seasons 1-3 if you have a chance and see what you think. If you want to take the time that is. That is a lot of eps to try and fit in.

morphius
09-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Does this not have an ongoing story?
Yes it does.

morphius
09-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like the ongoing stories. Just didn't expect that with this show. And with Abrams being involved, I don't know that i need 2 shows frustrating the crap out of me with new questions posed every week.
Ha! I can see your point there.

I'm worried now how lame the story is going to feel if, just guessing, the son is really a clone of his Dad and he starts to worry that he is going to go nuts as well.

Guru
09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Ha! I can see your point there.

I'm worried now how lame the story is going to feel if, just guessing, the son is really a clone of his Dad and he starts to worry that he is going to go nuts as well.
Damn, that sounds almost inevitable.

ChiefsFanatic
09-20-2008, 03:46 PM
That blonde chick is ugly, and her acting ability is somewhere close to Keanu Reeves.

keg in kc
09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Damn, that sounds almost inevitable.Yep.

Abrams isn't known for taking the obvious route, fortunately. Him being a clone would I think ruin the show for me. It's probably something else, though, something crazy.

irishjayhawk
09-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Yep.

Abrams isn't known for taking the obvious route, fortunately. Him being a clone would I think ruin the show for me. It's probably something else, though, something crazy.

I'm going to guess that rather than him be a clone of his dad, he is his dad, as a younger self, due to time travel.

Time travel seems like fringe science.

keg in kc
09-20-2008, 11:20 PM
They made a point about his medical history. Wonder what it is and why he doesn't want the kid to know.

irishjayhawk
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
They made a point about his medical history. Wonder what it is and why he doesn't want the kid to know.

I know.

Throwing out all the absurd possibilities. ;)

Silock
10-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Walter is by far my favorite character.

Buck
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Last nights episode was pretty bad, I have to admit. Worst episode so far.

keg in kc
10-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I think I liked last night's most out of the four that have aired. Different strokes, I guess...

Silock
10-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Last nights episode was pretty bad, I have to admit. Worst episode so far.

Really? I thought it was by far the best. Really set up a lot of story.

morphius
10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Really? I thought it was by far the best. Really set up a lot of story.
I actually thought it was the best as well.

Buck
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I must be trippin then.

I didn't like it because it just seemed like filler to me.

I still don't know what the hell that cylinder is, I guess thats what bugged me. While we got some closure in the first few episodes, they left this episode open-ended.

Guru
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I like shows with a continuing story line but I don't like it when they just tease you with new info every week. Give me 24.

irishjayhawk
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I think I liked last night's most out of the four that have aired. Different strokes, I guess...

Count me in that group too. In fact, i think they could have done the whole season with The Observer and finding out what he was. I would have been pretty content with that. I hope The Observer doesn't just disappear now.

Simply Red
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
didn't see the whole thing. But that looks really good.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I posit that this show will continue to be great with each episode

keg in kc
10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I still don't know what the hell that cylinder is, I guess thats what bugged me. While we got some closure in the first few episodes, they left this episode open-ended.I think that's what I liked most about it. It was a break from the formula established in the initial 3 episodes. It was also the furthest removed from 'reality', and the most 'fringe' so far, in terms of subject matter.

The only thing I didn't like was that they only gave cursory information on the guy who was killing/torturing everyone. I think they gave a name and an origin (both mundane, and brushed over) but didn't go into why he was doing it or where the weapon he was using came from.

I'm guessing we got our first glimpse into time travel last night, and they left many more questions than they answered. Which gives me a reason to keep watching.

Buck
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I think that's what I liked most about it. It was a break from the formula established in the initial 3 episodes. It was also the furthest removed from 'reality', and the most 'fringe' so far, in terms of subject matter.

The only thing I didn't like was that they only gave cursory information on the guy who was killing/torturing everyone. I think they gave a name and an origin (both mundane, and brushed over) but didn't go into why he was doing it or where the weapon he was using came from.

I'm guessing we got our first glimpse into time travel last night, and they left many more questions than they answered. Which gives me a reason to keep watching.

Good Point, they may have a pattern of a few episodes that are single-episode based, then one that is continuing storyline based.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I think that's what I liked most about it. It was a break from the formula established in the initial 3 episodes. It was also the furthest removed from 'reality', and the most 'fringe' so far, in terms of subject matter.

In simple terms, I think they're establishing a mythology for the show, kind of like the X-Files with the alien colonization theme. They had many great shows outside of that mythology and hopefully "Fringe" can do the same, but they need solid foundation and a recurring theme.

I hope they stick with it.

keg in kc
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I hope they stick with it.I do, as well.

I also hope they do a better job than the x-files did, because while I loved the show, and particularly the alien arc, they really went to shit with that storyline through the latter half of the series.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I do, as well.

I also hope they do a better job than the x-files did, because while I loved the show, and particularly the alien arc, they really went to shit with that storyline through the latter half of the series.

The movie ruined everything. Besides being a piece of crap, that whole arc became worthless as they tried to resolve something that couldn't be resolved in the real world.

There were very few episodes from 1998-2000 that I thought were even worth a crap. It's too bad because from 1993-1997, the show was awesome.

Ultra Peanut
10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Glad I'm sticking with it. Three was better than two, and four was a real step up. It still isn't great, or anything, but it's worth keeping tabs on.

Silock
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Glad I'm sticking with it. Three was better than two, and four was a real step up. It still isn't great, or anything, but it's worth keeping tabs on.

No, not great, but definitely the best thing on Tuesday nights :)

chagrin
10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, it's official - the old coot and his son's relationship is getting on my nerves but the rest of last nights episode was pretty cool. Looks predictable though, x-files mixed with the aimless wandering of LOST...typical jj abrams (spelling?)

chagrin
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM

I agree with this

Guru
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM

No love for NCIS huh?

Silock
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
No love for NCIS huh?

I could never get into military dramas. I guess I just don't "get" it.

Guru
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I could never get into military dramas. I guess I just don't "get" it.

I watch it less for the story and more for the team constantly teasing each other. Makes me laugh.

keg in kc
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
The Shield airs on Tuesday, you know.

Guru
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM
The Shield airs on Tuesday, you know.

Nope. I don't receive that channel.

irishjayhawk
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Blasphemy.

House is on Tuesdays.

Reaper16
House begs to differ.

I like Fringe, or more accurately, I think that I will like Fringe once it hits its stride. The Observer is hilarious. There is some damn good acting going on at times. I'll continue to watch; I'm hopeful.

Reaper16
Blasphemy.

House is on Tuesdays.
Heh, same time post with that point.

irishjayhawk
10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Heh, same time post with that point.

It's definitely up there for Best show on television.

Reaper16
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
It's definitely up there for Best show on television.
It's a shame that Hugh Laurie hasn't won an Emmy for best dramatic actor yet. He's seriously really, really superb.

Silock
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Blasphemy.

House is on Tuesdays.

I hate House. Every episode is the same. Person contracts mysterious malady. House is an ass. Everyone comes up with dumb solutions. House ridicules them. House figures it out. The end.

I do like Hugh Laurie, though, but only because of The Black Adder.

Ultra Peanut
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I hate House. Every episode is the same. Person contracts mysterious malady. House is an ass. Everyone comes up with dumb solutions. House ridicules them. House figures it out. The end.

I do like Hugh Laurie, though, but only because of The Black Adder.It's not about the case of the week. Like lupus, it's never about the case of the week.

keg in kc
10-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Fringe has done what Firefly (sadly) could not...

Fox picks up 'Fringe' for full season (http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/10/fringe-pickup.html)

Fox has picked up a full season order of J.J. Abrams' sci-fi thriller "Fringe."

October 01, 2008

The network ordered the back nine episodes of the Tuesday night drama, a move that should come as no surprise to those following its performance in the Nielsens.

After a solid two-hour premiere on Aug. 26, the show jumped significantly in week two when paired with Fox's top-rated drama "House." Both shows took a hit when competition increased during broadcast premiere week, then grew slightly last night -- demonstrating stability.

Season-to-date, "Fringe" has averaged a 4.2 rating/11 share among adults 18-49 and 10.7 million total viewers. It ranks as the top freshman series in the adult demo.

"We're thrilled to get the full-season order," Abrams says. "As with many new series, 'Fringe' is just starting to find its groove. Knowing we'll be around beyond the first thirteen episodes means we'll get to realize the full potential of the show, and for that we are extremely grateful."

"Fringe" joins "90210" as the only fall freshman broadcast series to receive a full order.

Another likely contender for a full order is CBS' drama "The Mentalist," whose second episode grew in the nationals this afternoon to exceed its premiere. One more week at the current level should be enough to seal the deal.

irishjayhawk
10-02-2008, 06:32 AM

I do like Hugh Laurie, though, but only because of The Black Adder.

You don't watch it for the medicine. All that is is essentially effects and drama.

irishjayhawk
10-02-2008, 06:33 AM
It's a shame that Hugh Laurie hasn't won an Emmy for best dramatic actor yet. He's seriously really, really superb.

I'm pretty sure he won 3 years in a row.

Ultra Peanut
10-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm pretty sure he won 3 years in a row.Nope:

Emmy Awards

* 2005 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
* 2007 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
* 2008 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

The Emmys are irredeemable shit, though, so whatevs.

irishjayhawk
10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Nope:

Emmy Awards

* 2005 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
* 2007 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
* 2008 - Nominated - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

The Emmys are irredeemable shit, though, so whatevs.

Whoops, I was thinking Golden Globes and still off. 2 wins 1 nomination.

BigRedChief
10-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Yep, this show isn't all that yet but could be some entertaining TV soon.

The "Observer" could have some wildly comedic moments and interactions.

We will get past this does the son stay or go now.

As the show becomes a hit they will spend more money of special effects.

Baby Lee
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
It sure was nice of the gubment to give Pacey a clearance card for 2006-2007.

morphius
10-03-2008, 11:54 AM
It sure was nice of the gubment to give Pacey a clearance card for 2006-2007.
Hey, government has got so efficient that that they can get things done before they started. Much like listening to politicians speak...

Ultra Peanut
10-04-2008, 09:14 AM
It sure was nice of the gubment to give Pacey a clearance card for 2006-2007.FUCK ME

You just ruined the fucking show.

Silock
10-15-2008, 02:59 AM
*rubs wool socks on the ground*

Touches UP.

Not as good as the last episode, but pretty entertaining. This is VERY X-Files-ish.

Guru
10-15-2008, 04:51 AM
I've given up on it.

irishjayhawk
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
*rubs wool socks on the ground*

Touches UP.

Not as good as the last episode, but pretty entertaining. This is VERY X-Files-ish.

Pretty much what I thought.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Anyone notice the bald guy in this last episode like I did? It's like where's Waldo

Silock
11-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Yup.

Good episode. I'm diggin' it.

Baby Lee
11-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Anyone notice the bald guy in this last episode like I did? It's like where's Waldo

He's been in every episode.

BigRedChief
11-13-2008, 07:30 AM
He's been in every episode.
just not a lot of camera time. Only "Fringe" nerds would know this.

aturnis
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Tonight's episode is a repeat...what gives?

Molitoth
12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
yup =(

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 12:23 AM

As is typical with new television series, Fox only ordered 10 episodes. The show has been picked up for a full season, so they'll return with at least 12 more in 2009.

BigRedChief
12-10-2008, 06:31 AM
No more new ones until 2009.

Mr. Plow
12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
That sucks. It's a decent show.

Baby Lee
12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
No more new ones until 2009.

With a Lost lead-in. Woo-hoo!

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
That sucks. It's a decent show.

It hasn't been canceled.

The networks generally don't order full seasons because if a show flops, they've just wasted tens of millions of dollars.

It'll be back soon enough.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2008, 01:08 PM
It hasn't been canceled.

The networks generally don't order full seasons because if a show flops, they've just wasted tens of millions of dollars.

It'll be back soon enough.

BTW Dane,

What do you think of the Jay Leno move to primetime for 5 nights a week?

Doesnt sound to good to me. Its a cost cutting move most likely.

That cant be good.....

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 01:30 PM
BTW Dane,

What do you think of the Jay Leno move to primetime for 5 nights a week?

Doesnt sound to good to me. Its a cost cutting move most likely.

That cant be good.....

I think it's less of a cost cutting move and more of a "we don't know what to do" move.

Leno will command about $30 million per year for a prime-time talk show.

NBC has struggled to come up with new 10pm shows, so they're moving Law & Order and SVU to 9pm (which IMO, is way too early for those shows, especially SVU). With ER winding down, they're barren in the 10pm slot. They've been showing repeats of L&O and SVU on Saturday nights because they can't seem to buy or produce a hit show.

It's a risky move: Do people watch "The Tonight Show" or do they watch Jay Leno?

I think it's the former.

NBC's a mess.

keg in kc
12-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Speaking of the watcher:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ7k3s5UqUY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ7k3s5UqUY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
12-10-2008, 01:39 PM
NBC's a mess.That's an understatement. They cancel promising shows and then give full season orders to shit like knight rider.

At least they've kept Chuck on the air. We'll see how long that lasts.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I think it's less of a cost cutting move and more of a "we don't know what to do" move.

NBC has struggled to come up with new 10pm shows, so they're moving Law & Order and SVU to 9pm (which IMO, is way too early for those shows, especially SVU). With ER winding down, they're barren in the 10pm slot. They've been showing repeats of L&O and SVU on Saturday nights because they can't seem to buy or produce a hit show.

It's a risky move: Do people watch "The Tonight Show" or do they watch Jay Leno?

I think it's the former.

NBC's a mess.

Yea, i cant see it lasting to be honest. More of an experiment i guess.

I dont understand why NBC cant develop good shows?

There is fertile material out there. Look at how good the cable networks are at developing decent dramas these days.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Yea, i cant see it lasting to be honest. More of an experiment i guess.

I dont understand why NBC cant develop good shows?

There is fertile material out there. Look at how good the cable networks are at developing decent dramas these days.

The cable networks don't have the pressure of prime time.

TNT's had some great success lately but those numbers wouldn't translate to prime-time and they benefit from receiving income from subscribers. ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox don't.

We've discussed this before but the mere fact that Journeyman didn't make it (along with a show like Jericho on CBS, which definitely had a loyal following) illustrates how difficult it is to create a prime-time ratings winner, regardless of show quality.

I think the Leno thing is a stop-gap but we'll see.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2008, 02:06 PM
The cable networks don't have the pressure of prime time.

TNT's had some great success lately but those numbers wouldn't translate to prime-time and they benefit from receiving income from subscribers. ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox don't.

We've discussed this before but the mere fact that Journeyman didn't make it (along with a show like Jericho on CBS, which definitely had a loyal following) illustrates how difficult it is to create a prime-time ratings winner, regardless of show quality.

I think the Leno thing is a stop-gap but we'll see.

This makes me wonder why top creative minds would even go to the networks anymore??

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 02:10 PM
This makes me wonder why top creative minds would even go to the networks anymore??

Well, most of shows on television are produced by outside companies. "Bad Robot" for example is JJ Abrams company. They'll create a pilot and if it's picked up, the network shares the costs and revenues.

But the bottom line is that everyone needs a job and it's just plain bad to refuse work.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, most of shows on television are produced by outside companies. "Bad Robot" for example is JJ Abrams company. They'll create a pilot and if it's picked up, the network shares the costs and revenues.

But the bottom line is that everyone needs a job and it's just plain bad to refuse work.

Makes sense. Thanks.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Makes sense. Thanks.

Hey, no problem :thumb:

Baby Lee
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM

I think it's the former.

NBC's a mess.

WTF is going on with SVU? It has gone plaid, it out Horatio's Horatio. Half the time they aren't even doing police work, just sitting around debating the subtext of their 'issue of the week.' Olivia's standing around in kitchens chewing kids out for having sex [not part of a criminal investigation, just being an harridan]. Rapists are popping boners on the stand, while the ADA smirks and quips. Rape victims line up like a 'Charmed' promotion poster to smirk when the rapist gets got. It's a sham of a travesty I say!!

Deberg_1990
12-10-2008, 02:44 PM
NBC has struggled to come up with new 10pm shows, so they're moving Law & Order and SVU to 9pm (which IMO, is way too early for those shows, especially SVU).

I hope they keep Medium. Its not a show people talk about much, but i like it alot. Its solid.

aturnis
01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
When will new episodes air?

Adept Havelock
01-06-2009, 08:04 PM
When will new episodes air?

Two Weeks! [/jAZ]

:p

I hope they keep Medium. Its not a show people talk about much, but i like it alot. Its solid.

I wish I could talk to dead people. That'd be sweeeeeet. Go, Medium! [/Pewterschmidt]

Guru
01-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I hope they keep Medium. Its not a show people talk about much, but i like it alot. Its solid.Last I heard it would be back again this year.

Adept Havelock
01-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Last I heard it would be back again this year.

Seriously, in two weeks. New episodes will start Jan. 20, 2009.

aturnis
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
New episode tonight at 8.

Adept Havelock
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
New episode tonight at 8.

He'll be watching. :)

http://a.imagehost.org/0185/Observer105.jpg

Heck, the guy is turning up all over the place:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

aturnis
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
damn, I didn't even look for him in this episode...

KCCHIEFS27
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
First time I watched Fringe was tonight. Must say, I'll definitely be tuning in again next week.

aturnis
01-20-2009, 09:13 PM
First time I watched Fringe was tonight. Must say, I'll definitely be tuning in again next week.

Go to www.hulu.com (http://www.hulu.com) and you can watch last season. It's only about 7 episodes you've missed, all about an hour each. Very good series so far.

Miles
01-20-2009, 10:42 PM
This show seems to be steadily improving.

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Really strong ep this week, love that they're starting to tease some sexual tension, but I hope they learn from the x-files and never follow through.

BigRedChief
01-23-2009, 12:52 PM
This show seems to be steadily improving.
yep, I think we may be onto something here.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Still watching the show also. Is that bald guy still supposedly in every episode? I haven't seen him lately (whatever happened to him in the storyline?)

p.s. - The lady who plays Olivia is hot

jiveturkey
01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
The wife and I are really digging the show as well. The new prick from DC that there investigating needs to have his brain liquefied. He's pretty much a Mohave in the vag.

keg in kc
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Another really good episode. And I think at least teasing a triangle between peter, dunham and her sister is going to build some good tension.

BigRedChief
01-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Still watching the show also. Is that bald guy still supposedly in every episode? I haven't seen him lately (whatever happened to him in the storyline?)

p.s. - The lady who plays Olivia is hot
Is that the sister? If so I agree. purrrrrr

Adept Havelock
01-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Is that the sister? If so I agree. purrrrrr

Olivia is the HS agent.

BigRedChief
01-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Olivia is the HS agent.
She's okay. Not bad. Sexy in her own way. But having no breasts is a deal breaker for me to call her hollywood "hot".

Adept Havelock
01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Does anyone have some mints? Or a nice root beer float?

Mr. Plow
02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Just watched this weeks episode. Love it. Hated to see them cut the "John's memory" portion of out it for some reason, but still good.

aturnis
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Just watched this weeks episode. Love it. Hated to see them cut the "John's memory" portion of out it for some reason, but still good.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of John...

Guru
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Does anyone have some mints? Or a nice root beer float?ROFL

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Man, this show's gotten all kinds of good. I'm not sure it hasn't already passed Lost as my favorite Abrams series.

And of course it's not on until fucking april.

aturnis
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
what's not on until april?

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/488fcc9659e91e51/49948eb6b870900a/488fcc965be77e44/5c1b7d71/-cpid/ebb12867b20dc0c7/widget.js"></script>

aturnis
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
WHAT? WTF? I guess I'm not following. It was on...then, it was off air for a few months, then came back for what? Two, maybe three episodes, and now it's gone until April? Why? What gives?

Let me guess...first stint was a pilot...second stint was new stuff to tie us over and finish out season one...and next season starts in April?

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 02:12 PM
April is the start of the final 7 episodes of season 1.

They haven't picked up a second season yet, although I'd be surprised if they didn't, after giving the first season a full order.

aturnis
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Why is it so broken up?

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
No idea. I didn't know about it until the end of Tuesday's episode.

Baby Lee
02-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Man, this show's gotten all kinds of good. I'm not sure it hasn't already passed Lost as my favorite Abrams series.

And of course it's not on until fucking april.

I enjoy it, but it's no where near Lost, not yet.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I enjoy it, but it's no where near Lost, not yet.Lost has lost my interest. Too much meandering.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Back tonight!

Mr. Plow
04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Back tonight!

Sweet.

aturnis
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! The company I work for asked me to do some schooling for the next few weeks in order to get a new certification/license. This sucks. Thank god for hulu.

Guru
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Damn you American Idol. missed the end of the Fringe thanks to that damn show.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Damn you American Idol. missed the end of the Fringe thanks to that damn show.You're fucking kidding me??

If my DVR cuts out, I'm going to go ballistic.

Guru
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
You're ****ing kidding me??

If my DVR cuts out, I'm going to go ballistic.I was set to record until 9:01 and the show wasn't over until 9:06.

Was never a problem until this ep.

Idol ran late according to my wife. Cowell obviously spoke too much again.

keg in kc
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Great.

Guess I'll be watching online this week.

Guru
04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Great.

Guess I'll be watching online this week.I don't mind watching online. I just hate having to wait the extra day to watch a show I usually watch that same night.

Adept Havelock
04-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Cowell obviously spoke too much again.

Someone should lock Simon Cowell in an elevator with "Electricity Guy"...or the shape-shifting giant hedgehog thing that showed up on the plane a few episodes ago.

jiveturkey
04-08-2009, 07:15 AM
We got lucky and started it about 10 minutes in and saw that Idol ran late.

I freakin' love this show.

Miles
04-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Damn you American Idol. missed the end of the Fringe thanks to that damn show.

That pissed me off as well. My DVR cut off the last few minutes and I had to catch the end at HULU before leaving for work this morning.

OmahaChief
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
The fact idol added another judge is what is making it go long. Cowell is brief and to the point but Paula just rambles like an idiot and Kara is not much better. Pissed I missed the end of Fringe as it was one of my fav episodes to date.

BigRedChief
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
That pissed me off as well. My DVR cut off the last few minutes and I had to catch the end at HULU before leaving for work this morning.
So what happened?

Miles
04-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Here are the last 6 minutes on youtube. My DVR cut off about 4 minutes into this clip.

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/04/fringe-episode-115-what-you-missed.html

Miles
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
So what happened?

After catching/killing the serial killer, Olivia asks Broyles to let the kid go. The release him to the doctor treating him earlier to go to some foster home. While riding in the back a car the kid sees the Observer and it is implied that the kid is another Observer.

Deberg_1990
04-08-2009, 02:30 PM
You guys need to learn to set your DVR recorded shows to run over 5 to 10 minutes. Mine (ATT&T UVerse) has a setting to do this. IM sure most others do as well.

Guru
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
You guys need to learn to set your DVR recorded shows to run over 5 to 10 minutes. Mine (ATT&T UVerse) has a setting to do this. IM sure most others do as well.Some of us record other stuff at 9pm and don't have the option to record two things at once.

Plus, some of us don't have access to dem highfalutin DVR thingies.

Miles
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
You guys need to learn to set your DVR recorded shows to run over 5 to 10 minutes. Mine (ATT&T UVerse) has a setting to do this. IM sure most others do as well.

Mine is padded but I still missed the last 2 minutes.

aturnis
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
watching on hulu is not too bad if you use your PS3 and 52" Samsung lcd. :D

Baby Lee
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~hanson68/08who.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUaUQ2fF944&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUaUQ2fF944&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Talisman
04-09-2009, 11:50 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the Observer was in the audience of American Idol.

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/DfVwxaZ-URxS1VlWAE8qOQ45798/GW433

Mr. Plow
04-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Great episode.

I want to bang Olivia....hard. Then, I want her sister to join in.

Adept Havelock
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Last night was an interesting revelation. Now we know who is going to play William Bell, Dr. Walter Bishop's old partner and founder of "Massive Dynamic".

The voice on the tape of Olivia as a child at the end of the episode was clearly Leonard Nimoy.

Maybe Sheldon grew Nimoy from the DNA filled napkin Penny gave him. :shrug:

Miles
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
"the camera, aspirin."

Looks like the Observer was hitting the clubs this week.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
FOX has picked up Fringe for a second season.

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426319.html

Miles
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
FOX has picked up Fringe for a second season.

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426319.html

Good news. :thumb:

BigRedChief
05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
more news
Watch for that interview here later today. "Fringe" wraps up its first season on May 12, when Nimoy, known as Mr. Spock to "Star Trek" fans, joins the cast as William Bell, the man who runs the powerful corporation Massive Dynamics and used to be Walter Bishop's (John Noble) lab partner. I believe he was behind Walter being committed. In this Tuesday's new episode, Olivia (Anna Torve) experiences waking dreams and we learn more about Peter's (Josh Jackson) past.[7]</SUP> (http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/showpatrol/2009/05/fox-renews-fringe.html) "'Fringe' continues to gain momentum, creatively and with viewers," Abrams adds. "Fringe," which stars stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole, has two more episodes remaining this season, as the show digs deeper in the Z.F.T. Manifesto and the dark secrets of William Bell and Massive Dynamic.[11]</SUP> (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-4-fox-explores-more-fringe-science)

Star Trek's Nimoy is slated to be around for an episode or two (hopefully more) next season as Massive Dynamic founder William Bell.[9]</SUP> (http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/05/04/fox-renews-fringe-for-season-two/) In recent weeks, Star Trek vet Leonard Nimoy was cast as weird scientist Dr. William Bell, a character who will first appear in the season finale, but who is scheduled to recur in Season 2.[12]</SUP> (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405853_tvgif4.html) The season finale of Fringe will air May 12 on Fox, and will feature gust star (and former Star Trek -ker) Leonard Nimoy as "a pivotal person of interest."[8]</SUP> (http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/231199-Fox_Renews_Fringe_.php)

If that doesn't guarantee you a renewal, then I don't know what will. Aside from the show's great cast, its quirky sense of humor, and its compelling mysteries, there are two reasons I'll stick with Fringe through season two: Producer J.J. Abrams and Leonard Nimoy.[9]</SUP> (http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/05/04/fox-renews-fringe-for-season-two/) Ranked as the most popular new TV show among adults 18-49, Fringe ends Season 1 on May 12 with a guest turn from Leonard Nimoy.[13]</SUP> (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/05/fringe-renewed-for-second-season-of-weird-science/) Fox has given an early second-season order to frosh thriller "Fringe." Show, which wraps its first season on May 12, regularly wins its Tuesday night slot among top demos and rates as this season's No. 1 new skein among adults 18-49.[3]</SUP> (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003158?categoryId=1300&cs=1)

FOX stole some of NBC's Infronts thunder on Monday (May 4) by announcing the renewal of one of its key bubble shows. "Fringe," which stands as the season's top-rated new show in the key 18-49 demographic (thanks in no small part to "House" and "American Idol," its two lead-ins), has been picked up for a second season.[11]</SUP> (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-4-fox-explores-more-fringe-science) Airlock Alpha has learned that Fox officially renewed "Fringe" for a second season on Monday. The show is set in Boston, but filmed its pilot in Toronto, and later episodes in New York. "Fringe" is expected to move to Vancouver, B.C., this summer.[6]</SUP> (http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426319.html) The show's producers had announced in February that a second season would move production from New York to Vancouver. The X-Files -ish series reportedly spent $4 million U.S. an epside during its New York tenure. Fringe follows an unorthodox team of investigators that includes among its cast Vancouver-raised actor Joshua Jackson, who finally gets a chance to work close to home.[14]</SUP> (http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/reelman/archive/2009/05/04/josh-heading-home.aspx)

While new shows are rarely picked up for multiple seasons at a time, Reilly seems optimistic. "J.J. and the whole Bad Robot team have been phenomenal partners, and we look forward to years of making great television with them."[4]</SUP> (http://www.fearnet.com/news/b15488_fringe_picked_up_second_season.html)

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox television network has renewed J.J. Abrams' thriller "Fringe" for a full 22-episode second season.[1]</SUP> (http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE54408V20090505) U.S. network FOX has renewed J.J. Abrams' thriller Fringe for a full 22-episode second season, which means yet another entry in the busy B.C. production scene.[14]</SUP> (http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/reelman/archive/2009/05/04/josh-heading-home.aspx)

Fox Broadcasting announced Monday that it will bring back director-producer J.J. Abrams' sci-fi series for a second season.[13]</SUP> (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/05/fringe-renewed-for-second-season-of-weird-science/)

"We couldn't be more thrilled that 'Fringe' will continue to freak people out for at least another season," said series co-creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams (whose name you may recognize from "Lost").[15]</SUP> (http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/05/fringe_pickup.html) In a statement, series creator J.J. Abrams said, " Fringe continues to gain momentum, creatively and with viewers.[12]</SUP> (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405853_tvgif4.html)

Series co-creator and executive producer Abrams said that "Fringe" "continues to gain momentum, creatively and with viewers.[1]</SUP> (http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE54408V20090505)

"We couldn'''t be more thrilled that Fringe will continue to freak people out for at least another season," said Abrams, whose Star Trek movie debuts May 8, in a press release.[13]</SUP> (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/05/fringe-renewed-for-second-season-of-weird-science/) Nimoy's return to television is reason enough to tune in. Abrams might not be running this show directly, but I trust his team (including Star Trek movie writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman) and his vision for the show.[9]</SUP> (http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/05/04/fox-renews-fringe-for-season-two/)

With only two episodes left, viewers can expect Peter (Joshua Jackson) to reveal a secret that yields unexpected results in a disturbing case, Olivia (Anna Torv) to have more "awake dreams," Walter (John Noble) to share key information about the mysterious ZFT manifesto and Leonard Nimoy (Spock, "Star Trek") to guest star as a pivotal person of interest.[15]</SUP> (http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/05/fringe_pickup.html)

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/images/backtotop.jpg (http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_e19/season-fringe-show.html#top)

Happy news for fans of Anna Torv and Joshua Jackson : Fox has renewed " Fringe" (http://fox.com/) for a full second season. [16]</SUP> (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/05/fringe-renewed-for-full-second-season-by-fox.html) The big reason for the renewal: Fox noted that "Fringe" is the No. 1 new series in the 18-to-49 age group. CBS' " The Mentalist," (http://cbs.com/) which also airs at 9 p.m. Tuesdays, is the biggest new hit this season in total viewers.[16]</SUP> (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/05/fringe-renewed-for-full-second-season-by-fox.html) The renewal isn't exactly a surprise. Fringe has consistently posted decent ratings, and Fox boasts that it's the No. 1 new series among the prized adults 18-to-49 demographic. Other developments pointed to a renewal.[12]</SUP> (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405853_tvgif4.html)

Speaking of renewals, Fox has picked up "Fringe" for a second season just in time for its season finale and a visit from Mr. Spock.[15]</SUP> (http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2009/05/fringe_pickup.html) In a press release today it was announced that Fringe (http://tv.ign.com/objects/142/14208895.html) has indeed been picked up for a second season.[17]</SUP> (http://tv.ign.com/articles/979/979253p1.html)

As the season finale of Fringe rapidly approaches, there's finally some good news for fans who've been dreading a Fringe -free existence.[4]</SUP> (http://www.fearnet.com/news/b15488_fringe_picked_up_second_season.html) THE SKINNY : This is the kind of news we like to hear when we wake up in the morning - Fox's science-fiction hit FRINGE has been given an official greenlight for Season Two.[18]</SUP> (http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=7959)

Given the show's status as one of the season's few success stories -- it draws a 4.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and about 10 million viewers overall --the renewal falls into the no-brainer category. The show's producers have talked openly of their plans for next season, including a potential romantic liaison between Olivia (Anna Torv) and Peter (Joshua Jackson). FOX will announce its full lineup for 2009-10 at its upfront presentation on Monday, May 18.[5]</SUP> (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/05/fringe-gets-a-second-season.html) Images from the second day of the annual NAB Show in Las Vegas, April 21, 2009. (Source: www.nabshow.com (http://www.nabshow.com).) Fox Business Network begins broadcasting from its new high-tech Studio G, overlooking Manhattan from the 3rd floor of News Corp. headquarters, on April 20.''[8]</SUP> (http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/231199-Fox_Renews_Fringe_.php) Plus, network sources indicated that the series, unable to renew tax incentives in New York City for a second season, might relocate to Vancouver.[12]</SUP> (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405853_tvgif4.html) Helped by a strong lead-in from "House" in the fall and "American Idol" during the spring, "Fringe" is the No. 1 rated new series among the adult demographic.[1]</SUP> (http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE54408V20090505) "Fringe" was the genre's second most-watched network series through the middle of April behind only "Eleventh Hour" on CBS, which is expected to be canceled. It airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.[6]</SUP> (http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426319.html)

'Questions will be answered when the first season of Fringe wraps up with two all-new episodes.[2]</SUP> (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Fox-Gives-Fringe-A-Second-Season-17298.html)

aturnis
05-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Great episode this week. Took some good twists, some slightly expected, some surprising. Where is The Observer taking Walter? Shit just got real!

Baby Lee
05-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Fucking Idol faggots, anyone have the last couple of minutes. Cut off with the MD chick entering a building and heading for the elevator.

The rest was cut off because of those FUCKING IDOL FAGGOTS!!!!!!

BigRedChief
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
****ing Idol pillowbiters, anyone have the last couple of minutes. Cut off with the MD chick entering a building and heading for the elevator.

The rest was cut off because of those ****ING IDOL pillowbiterS!!!!!!
I just schedule American Idol for recording 2 hours and 5 mintues and then I never miss Fringe.

Guru
05-14-2009, 03:43 AM
cool reveal on Peter near the end.

jiveturkey
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
cool reveal on Peter near the end.
Really cool. What an awesome series.

keg in kc
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Finally got around to watching this morning.

My favorite shows usually have these defining moments at the end of their first season. The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica (the recent one).

The last 10 minutes of Fringe...holy shit. Good stuff.

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2009, 11:46 AM

My favorite shows usually have these defining moments at the end of their first season. The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica (the recent one).

Now we know why there was something "off" with the relationship between Peter and Walter.

KevB
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM

exactly, great finish

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
exactly, great finish

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/IYx3ZISxiPA9oY9qmEexgA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/IYx3ZISxiPA9oY9qmEexgA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

I concur

BigRedChief
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
:harumph:</EMBED>

I concur
Third that motion. I've got high hopes for this series.

aturnis
05-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Now we know why there was something "off" with the relationship between Peter and Walter.

I thought something was off b/c Walter wasn't a good father and both he and Peter knew it. Couple that with the fact that Peter felt abandoned when Walter went to the psych ward and that should explain everything. The whole reveal just adds more to the story.

keg in kc
05-16-2009, 10:14 AM
That was the best kind of twist. The one that you don't see coming, but looking back think you should have.

DaneMcCloud
05-16-2009, 11:04 AM
That was the best kind of twist. The one that you don't see coming, but looking back think you should have.

I kind of had my eyes open for something (someone mentioned Peter being a clone earlier) and I had a feeling that he wasn't standing over his wife's grave. Plus, Walter kept mentioning things throughout the season to Peter that Peter just did not remember.

I makes me wonder: Did losing Peter in this reality drive him to the mental institution or did stealing Peter from the other reality do it?

It should make for an interesting season 2.

Bowser
05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
OK, I watched the first few episodes of this show, and was pretty "meh" about it. The DVIR has recorded it again since it came back from midseason break. Do the stories pick up? Because for me, when the show started it was quite plodding and lame.

keg in kc
05-16-2009, 11:13 AM
OK, I watched the first few episodes of this show, and was pretty "meh" about it. The DVIR has recorded it again since it came back from midseason break. Do the stories pick up? Because for me, when the show started it was quite plodding and lame.I think it found its footing as the season went on. It really got good around (or a little before) the halfway point of the year, and never let up from then on.

Bowser
05-16-2009, 11:15 AM
I think it found its footing as the season went on. It really got good around (or a little before) the halfway point of the year, and never let up from then on.

Yeah, I think I lost interest a bit before the break. I WANTED to get into it, but just never could.

Well, I've got the episodes stacked up in the DVIR, so I'll give it another shot.

keg in kc
05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I kind of had my eyes open for something (someone mentioned Peter being a clone earlier) and I had a feeling that he wasn't standing over his wife's grave. Plus, Walter kept mentioning things throughout the season to Peter that Peter just did not remember.

I makes me wonder: Did losing Peter in this reality drive him to the mental institution or did stealing Peter from the other reality do it?

It should make for an interesting season 2.A real mind-**** would have been to have Walter be from another reality, but I don't know how they would have been able to wrap that around the possibility of two Walters occupying the same space. Might have been a way to explain his madness. In any case, the grave is here, so clearly he 'stole' Peter.

Which raises the possibility of another Walter trying to get back something that he lost.

Miles
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
If Peter is from an alternate reality, why doesn't he have a goatee?

Guru
05-16-2009, 02:35 PM
If Peter is from an alternate reality, why doesn't he have a goatee?What? You think this is Star Trek?

jiveturkey
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Which raises the possibility of another Walter trying to get back something that he lost.That'd be a good reason to build a portal plug. :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
A real mind-**** would have been to have Walter be from another reality, but I don't know how they would have been able to wrap that around the possibility of two Walters occupying the same space. Might have been a way to explain his madness. In any case, the grave is here, so clearly he 'stole' Peter.

Which raises the possibility of another Walter trying to get back something that he lost.

Or that Walter murdered the alternate Walter or some other explanation (maybe he died young?).

Which also brings into question how William Bell can exist in both worlds.

All I can say is that after Star Trek and now Fringe, I'd be absolutely shocked is LOST didn't have an amazing ending.

Nightwish
05-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I think I lost interest a bit before the break. I WANTED to get into it, but just never could.

Well, I've got the episodes stacked up in the DVIR, so I'll give it another shot.
It's definitely worth another shot. The second half of the season blows away the first half! It seemed like the first half they were trying too hard to be the X-Files, whereas the second half, they really took off down their own road.

Miles
05-17-2009, 12:29 AM
What? You think this is Star Trek?

Hell Spock made an appearance.

Also that South Park espisode with the Planet...arium which I figured got it from Star Trek.

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Hell Spock made an appearance.
Don't forget that conspiracy theorist from the next-to-last episode who believed he was Spock. When Olivia met William Bell, I was half expecting her to mention that incident to him, to which he would either raise one eyebrow in a signature Spock move, or they would start playing the Star Trek theme in the background.

Silock
05-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Finally got caught up with this show.

Intense. Awesome. Worth watching.

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Back tonight peoples.

Mr. Plow
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Back tonight peoples.

Just saw it on my DVR last night. I'm pumped.

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Just saw it on my DVR last night. I'm pumped.Last week, I was checking my DVR on Friday and saw it had recorded Supernatural's season premier the night before. I was like WTF?! And glad it had.

Mr. Plow
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Last week, I was checking my DVR on Friday and saw it had recorded Supernatural's season premier the night before. I was like WTF?! And glad it had.

No shit. DVR's are great!

Guru
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Crap!!! thanks for the heads up.

bevischief
09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Finally!

bevischief
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow!

Fish
09-17-2009, 07:15 PM
WTF?

bevischief
09-17-2009, 07:17 PM
New episode tonight.

Fruit Ninja
09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
i need to catch up, i think i stopped for some reason at episode 8 or so last year. I need to get them and watch them all in a row.

Silock
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Predictable after the first time nursie got shot.

Guru
09-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Predictable after the first time nursie got shot.Well duh.

Silock
09-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Well duh.

Yeah, yeah. Weak episode, still, IMO. Needs more Walter quotes. Was way too "informative" for a season opener.

Guru
09-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, yeah. Weak episode, still, IMO. Needs more Walter quotes. Was way too "informative" for a season opener.I think they just wanted to get things started quick as far as the too informative part. Part of the problem last year was the first 8 episodes taking too long to develop and they lost some of the audience. They aren't making that mistake again.

BigRedChief
09-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I think they just wanted to get things started quick as far as the too informative part. Part of the problem last year was the first 8 episodes taking too long to develop and they lost some of the audience. They aren't making that mistake again.
correct, more of a set up episode instead of dragging it out. This still has the potential to be a very good show. Lots of possibilites and angles.

Mr. Plow
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Liked, but didn't love, the episode. Still a good one. Since they've cut a few of my other shows this year, I've been really looking forward to Fringe.

CoMoChief
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Liked, but didn't love, the episode. Still a good one. Since they've cut a few of my other shows this year, I've been really looking forward to Fringe.

Same thought here as well. Not one of the funnier episodes but the show was ok. Definately the best season premiere I thought was season 2. Gay Witch Hunt I think was the title of that episode

Mr. Plow
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Same thought here as well. Not one of the funnier episodes but the show was ok. Definately the best season premiere I thought was season 2. Gay Witch Hunt I think was the title of that episode

Isn't this year season 2? Maybe I'm forgetting a season in there, but I thought last year was the first year of the show.

blazzin311
09-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Isn't this year season 2? Maybe I'm forgetting a season in there, but I thought last year was the first year of the show.

You are correct. I'm not sure what CoMoChief is referring to in the post above yours.

keg in kc
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I thought it was solid. It didn't resolve last year's finale, but it did work as a launching pad for this season.

Baby Lee
09-19-2009, 08:57 AM
You are correct. I'm not sure what CoMoChief is referring to in the post above yours.

He thinks he's in 'The Office' thread. Even then, that episode was in season 3.

And Walter's autopsy hands absentmindedly wandering closer and closer to the custard mixing bowl in Astrid's horrified arms was a nicely played bit.

Oh, and what think you all was 'can't find my way home' alluding to?

KcMizzou
09-19-2009, 09:02 AM
He thinks he's in 'The Office' thread. LMAO

WoodDraw
09-19-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm scared this is going to go the way of Alias and spiral down under the weight of its own mythology. JJ creates awesome characters and universes, but seems to struggle to resolve anything.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 10:11 AM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Mulder & Scully on the TV in the first victim's apartment.

Also, I think they're setting up Walter to tell Peter that he's from the "other side".

I think that'll be revealed to Peter at some point this season.

Baby Lee
09-19-2009, 10:20 AM
This man's anus is soaking wet!!

Fish
09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Walter absolutely makes this show. When he tried to dip his bloody finger in the pudding only to have it slapped away, I had to laugh my ass off. They did manage to make that scene rather uncomfortable and funny at the same time.

And yes I thought that was a cool nod to the X Files. The show has a lot of X Files feel to it, which is probably why I'm such a big fan.

BigRedChief
09-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Mulder & Scully on the TV in the first victim's apartment.

Also, I think they're setting up Walter to tell Peter that he's from the "other side".

I think that'll be revealed to Peter at some point this season.
We have already seen his tombstone on this side of reality.

aturnis
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
We have already seen his tombstone on this side of reality.

Peter hasn't seen it, he has no idea he's from another universe. I think that's what he's getting at.

Also, there was also another "tribute" to the "X files" at the congressional hearings with Broyle's. Senator says something like, "The old 'x' designation, and your Fringe investigations have been indulgences in the federal budget for nearly half a century".

Guru
09-19-2009, 05:14 PM

I think that'll be revealed to Peter at some point this season.I definitely caught that. Just forgot about by the end of the episode.

Guru
09-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Funny, I was just thinking about the episode of the X-files involving mushrooms where Mulder and Scully were underground and hallucinating. Then this episode comes on with a similar premise.

arrowheadnation
09-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!

Guru
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!Once you get past the 8th ep last season it got really good. They just started way to slow last year. I almost gave up on it around ep 7 but stuck it out.

keg in kc
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.

Guru
09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.That episode of X-files was great.

keg in kc
09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
I wasn't saying parroting the x-files was a bad thing...

I just hope they do a better job with the main story arc than Carter did. We'll see how the second season goes.

I remember after the first season thinking the x-files was genius, with the alien controversy and the murder of deep throat, but it was basically a long downhill slide from that point on, for as good as seasons 4 and 5 (and some individual eps of 6 and 7) were.

BigRedChief
10-14-2009, 07:08 AM
okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

Mr. Plow
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

To me, I would think that rather than destroying both worlds that one would overtake the other. But I also see what you are getting at - there is no reason to not believe that both objects wouldn't essentially destroy each other.

I think I said that right..

jiveturkey
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Didn't Nina basically address this when she smashed the snow globes together. One will destroy the other.