PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain campaign makes Palin's plane the "No Talk Express"

Logical
09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
What are they hiding?

McCain picked a running mate who is not allowed to talk to the media because she doesn't know anything. That's the person McCain thinks is most qualified to be President (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/09/AR2008090902009.html): John McCain took a risk in picking little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as a running mate, but now the campaign's playing it safer. She's sticking to a greatest hits version of her convention speech on the campaign trail and steering clear of questions until she's comfortable enough for a hand-picked interviewer later this week.

More than 40 million people tuned in last week to listen to the speech from Palin, the 44-year-old first-term governor whom McCain announced as his surprise vice presidential pick just days before. Since then, that basic script is all anyone has heard from her publicly, and her only interaction with the media was a brief conversation with a small group of reporters on her plane Monday _ off the record at her handlers' insistence.

Associated Press reporters were not on the plane, but an aide told the journalists on board that all Palin flights would be off the record unless the media were told otherwise. At least one reporter objected. Two people on the flight said the Palins greeted the media and they chatted about who had been to Alaska, but little else was said. Only one reporter objected? Wow. The press corps really are being played for fools by their old pal, John McCain.

Direckshun
09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
She is doing a two day interview with Gibson starting tomorrow....

You understand how that's a fraud, right?

Logical
09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
You understand how that's a fraud, right?I am sure he does not. He is like the virgin having sex for the first time, doesn't matter it not really great, since it is first time it is outstanding

J Diddy
09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I am sure he does not. He is like the virgin having sex for the first time, doesn't matter it not really great, since it is first time it is outstanding

hey don't be so harsh

clayton probably thought it was good as well

Logical
09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
hey don't be so harsh

clayton probably thought it was good as wellNow there is an ugly thought.

go bowe
09-09-2008, 11:57 PM
can they keep her away from the press all the way through the election?

i think they're gonna try...

i'm really looking forward to the vp debate, because biden won't hesitate to attack her and her positions, if anybody can figure out what they are...

should be a fascinating evening...

utterly fascinating...

Logical
09-10-2008, 12:27 AM
can they keep her away from the press all the way through the election?

i think they're gonna try...

i'm really looking forward to the vp debate, because biden won't hesitate to attack her and her positions, if anybody can figure out what they are...

should be a fascinating evening...

utterly fascinating...Agreed, they need to make sure they are attacking positions, tying them to Bush for Bush III and not attacking her directly

Frankie
09-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Has she said anything so far except for repeating the sarcasm and the half-truths of her acceptance speech? Anytime they are showing her on the tube she is repeating the same old thing. I gotta give her this though, she's got that condescending Bush-Cheney smirk down pat.