PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer/Felix Jones for Matt Forte/Matt Ryan

Sure-Oz
09-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I just got offered Palmer and Jones for Forte and Ryan....

I accepted and its pending...good trade?

I lost Brady for the season and my other starter was Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers.

My RB's are Edg. James, Thomas Jones starting with backups Ricky Williams, Lendale White.

MY other backup QB was Damon Huard and there are NO Qb's left at all in this league. So im kind've desperate.

Was it the right move?

Cave Johnson
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't have. Cinci looks in disarray, Chris Perry is an injury waiting to happen, and 85's playing hurt/crazy/wants out. Forte looks like the read deal and will be relied upon heavily (especially with the neckbeard under center).

luv
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't have given up Felix Jones. I also have Palmer. And to think I kept him over Westbrook. Ugh.

That said. I wouldn't have been the one to trade with you. As much as I like Felix Jones, I don't know that I would have given up Ryan for him.

Cave Johnson
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't have given up Felix Jones. I also have Palmer. And to think I kept him over Westbrook. Ugh.

That said. I wouldn't have been the one to trade with you. As much as I like Felix Jones, I don't know that I would have given up Ryan for him.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, he received Jones and Palmer.

Colossal mistake on Westbrook, btw.

KCCHIEFS27
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Uh, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers actually has a team around them. Why would you even want Carson Palmer? Good luck!

Pablo
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Uh, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers actually has a team around them. Why would you even want Carson Palmer? Good luck!Because Carson Palmer will still put up 3,500 yards and 20+ TD's w/o a team around him..

Last time I checked Matt Ryan was a rookie...and he's played one game.

Against the Lions. I dunno if I'd want to lose Forte at this point, he really looked strong against the Colts D. But Jones ought to be a decent RB, although Barber will definitely be getting 3x the snaps Jones will. I really don't like your RB situation and I think the Forte trade might bite you in the ass, but Palmer ought to get back in the swing of things and be a solid QB.

Aaron Rodgers could be the real deal...but that's yet to be seen.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Because Carson Palmer will still put up 3,500 yards and 20+ TD's w/o a team around him..

Last time I checked Matt Ryan was a rookie...and he's played one game.

Against the Lions. I dunno if I'd want to lose Forte at this point, he really looked strong against the Colts D. But Jones ought to be a decent RB, although Barber will definitely be getting 3x the snaps Jones will. I really don't like your RB situation and I think the Forte trade might bite you in the ass, but Palmer ought to get back in the swing of things and be a solid QB.

Aaron Rodgers could be the real deal...but that's yet to be seen.

I know it is a bit of a risk, but i assume that was abberation with Palmer, i think it may work out. My backup RB's suck ill admit that, but the good thing is, its more likely a startin RB will go down 1st then a QB and having a decent backup come in and play well.

There are no FA QB's left at all, so if i have an injury or huard is replaced im essentially ****ed at teh QB pos. FA RB's are still there...Ricky Williams, Jerious Norwood, Fred Taylor are some for example...nothing concrete but injuries happen. Also everyone is asking for the moon for a half way decent QB...this guy atleast came up with a somewhat fair deal. Forte may be a solid guy all year, who knows, but before the season im sure people wouldve done it in a heartbeat

Sure-Oz
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM

If it goes thru i get Palmer and Jones for Forte and Ryan

Hoover
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I think you traded your best running back for a QB who is going to put up equal numbers to Rodgers when its all said an done.

I know its difficult to start young players, but its a risk that you need to take from time to time. I had Brady in a league, and I picked up Cassel and I'm going to ride it out instead of blowing up my team.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I think you traded your best running back for a QB who is going to put up equal numbers to Rodgers when its all said an done.

I know its difficult to start young players, but its a risk that you need to take from time to time. I had Brady in a league, and I picked up Cassel and I'm going to ride it out instead of blowing up my team.

My main problem is that this is a 2 QB starting league, meaning him and Rodgers would both play...there are no backups at all available via FA, so basically id have to trade a star to get a average at best QB later if someone gets hurt. Huard is 2nd QB/Ryan right now and i dont lik Huard's chances...to stay starting. That is why i took the chance since James and Jones are atleast startable at worst. He gives me Jones who may be worth hangin onto if Barber has rib issues

Hoover
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Well in a 2 QB league, I think you might be alright.

How is it scored and how many RB's do you start each week.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Well in a 2 QB league, I think you might be alright.

How is it scored and how many RB's do you start each week.

Start 2 RB's a week, 2 WR, 2 QB, WR/TE and TE pos as well as k and def.

I thought it may be smart long term for me to get a solid QB and hope for a backup RB to get more reps, like a Jones or whoever...I also picked up Brian Greise incase Garcia is benched for my last line of defense. He will become trade bait because there are atleast 2 teams without a backup QB and if they have an injury or a bye they have a big fat zero for 1 position and an important one.

QB TD=4 points RB/WR TD=6