PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Democrat Compares Obama to Jesus

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) –Barack Obama was again compared to Jesus Wednesday, but this time not by Republicans claiming the Illinois senator has an inflated view of himself.

Speaking on the House floor, Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen sought to defend recent attacks over Obama's stint as a community organizer by picking up a recent blogger refrain, that "Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus."

The comments come days after that part of Obama's resume was belittled at the Republican convention by both former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and VP candidate Sarah Palin.

"He worked as a community organizer," Giuliani said last week as the convention crowd erupted in laughter. "Ok, maybe this is the first problem on the resume."

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities," Palin then said the night after Giuliani spoke.

Since the Republican convention, other Democrats have made similar comments about Jesus and community organizing. But over the course of the election, it has mostly been the McCain campaign that has mocked Obama, calling him "The One."

But what does Rep. Cohen feel about having gubernatorial experience on the resume, as Sarah Palin does?

"Pontius Pilate was a governor," Cohen said.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Muhammad would be more appropriate.

Donger
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Wait, Barack Hussein is a Jew?

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM

And Sarah Palin is a Roman who sent him to death.

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
BigCatDaddy takes jocular remarks out of context, posts retarded thread.

In other news, water is wet.

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Steve Cohen is pretty kickass.

SNR
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Steve Cohen is pretty kickass.I thought you didn't believe in Jeebus

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I thought you didn't believe in JeebusSteve Cohen is Jewish.

Donger
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Steve Cohen is Jewish.

Yeah?! So was JC. He's in good company.

SNR
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Steve Cohen is Jewish.Okay, I thought you didn't believe in Yahweh

Rooster
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM

ROFL

What? Screw it. I'm voting for the Irishman.