PDA

View Full Version : Who's the winner in this deal?

OnTheWarpath58
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Team A gives:

Steven Jackson
Chris Chambers
Todd Heap

Team B gives:

Brandon Jacobs
Calvin Johnson
Jason Witten

Pestilence
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Team A is the winner. Jacobs is a beast. So is Calvin Johnson. Jason Witten is the #1 target in Dallas.

Team B is kind of retarded for taking that deal.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Easily team A.

BigVE
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
A.

Old Dog
09-11-2008, 12:45 PM
and it isn't even close

Pablo
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Did someone seriously make that trade?

Haha. Awesome.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Did someone seriously make that trade?

Haha. Awesome.

Yep.

I'll give you the story tomorrow...

Pestilence
09-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Yep.

I'll give you the story tomorrow...

Please tell me you're Team A. Otherwise I'm going to neg rep you.

OnTheWarpath58
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM

ROFL

Cave Johnson
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Team A in a massive landslide.

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Yes, I was Team A.

The guy I traded with is a huge Rams fan, who I seem to trade with every year in the 1st week or so of the season. I traded Bulger to him a few years back.

This year, everyone told him to sit tight - because he always trades his team away.

So, sure enough, I dangle SJ, and he bites. And to be fair (not that it matters) I didn't give you the entire trade - we swapped handcuffs and I threw in Tony Scheffler so he could play matchups at TE.

Yay me.

Now I'm trying to improve my running game by dangling Reggie Wayne. Pretty sure I have a deal to send MJD and Wayne to a guy for Forte and Brandon Marshall.

Short Leash Hootie
09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
call me crazy but I'm taking team B:

Here's why:

Megatron >>>>> Chambers...he really is.

He's my big time sleeper this year...he had 100+ yards last week and the best is yet to come. He is going to finish with 1300 yards and 12 or 13 TD's...I can feel it. Chambers blah. He's a WR 2 at best...probably 3 in reality. Megatron is a #1 this year. I know it.

Heap is garbage. He is totally, totally worthless in fantasy this year.

Witten is a stud. He's a #1 guy, a Romo favorite, and will finish as the #1 TE in fantasy for the 2nd consecutive year this year...that's a HUGE HUGE HUGE gain.

And Jacobs will get his touches and all of the goal line carries...and in all honesty, might be a better scorer this year than Steven Jackson. The Rams are awful. The offense is bad and the line is bad.

Seriously...I would take B...easily no doubt.

The names in A are more notorious...but B will be the better fantasy players this year.

S Jax is the only one I can see that is an upgrade to Jacobs...but really, if Jacobs stays healthy, he is going to get his 20 carries and a TD almost every week...I always side with fantasy players on GOOD teams...the Giants are good, the Rams are not.

Short Leash Hootie
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
oh, ok. I didn't read that right. You easily won.

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
oh, ok. I didn't read that right. You easily won.

ROFL

I was gonna say...

Hoover
09-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Jesus Team A.

Its a great trade because at first glance it seems fair.

C johnson and Witten are huge advantages over the guys you are giving up. Jacobs looked like a beast last week while SJax looked like crap.

great deal, its a trade that helps you win championships.

Bravo

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Jesus Team A.

Its a great trade because at first glance it seems fair.

C johnson and Witten are huge advantages over the guys you are giving up. Jacobs looked like a beast last week while SJax looked like crap.

great deal, its a trade that helps you win championships.

Bravo

And that's the key, right there.

From his POV, he's giving up the best TE in the game, but getting back a Top 5 pick and a #1 receiver in the deal. He views CJ as a #2 behind Roy Williams, and is concerned about Jacobs losing carries to Ward and Bradshaw - where Jackson will get all the touches in STL, provided he's healthy.

But, just like any deal in FF, it has the potential of going tits-up on me at some point - all it takes is an injury or a rough stretch on the schedule.