PDA

View Full Version : Another deal, different league

The Bad Guy
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
The kid who lost Colston in my big money league was dying to get another WR and RB to replace Fred Taylor in his starting lineup.

I traded: Dwayne Bowe, Hines Ward and Matt Forte (Bowe was my only starter) for Randy Moss.

I now have Westbrook and Turner with Moss, Harrison and Calvin Johnson at WR.

How'd I do?

Hoover
09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I like the deal. Part of me thinks you may have given up too much, especially considering Moss's production could slip with Cassel at QB, and his motivation drops when he's not playing for something.

All that said the other guys have question marks as well. I like the deal.

Who do you have as reserve RB's?

The Bad Guy
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
I like the deal. Part of me thinks you may have given up too much, especially considering Moss's production could slip with Cassel at QB, and his motivation drops when he's not playing for something.

All that said the other guys have question marks as well. I like the deal.

Who do you have as reserve RB's?

Ronnie Brown, Jerrius Norwood and Chester Taylor.

I still have WR depth - Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, Javon Walker that I can get a backup RB if necessary.

Old Dog
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
IMO it's only a great deal if you're the other guy

Cave Johnson
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Ronnie Brown, Jerrius Norwood and Chester Taylor.

I still have WR depth - Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, Javon Walker that I can get a backup RB if necessary.

Interesting fact about the first two.

DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal were two of the toughest players to rank this week. The instinct is to call their games flukes but 100-yard games in rookie debuts just don't happen. Only one other player in the last 13 seasons have topped 100 yards: Anquan Boldin. (He topped 200). The top eleven debuts for wideouts over that span is
littered with stars: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Plaxico Burress, Andre Johnson, and Deion Branch. The only name that sticks out is Tulane alum JaJuan Dawson, who had a career-defining injury the following week. Jackson and Royal are here to stay as
fantasy factors. They play in excellent systems and with Pro Bowl caliber quarterbacks.

http://rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=57&articleid=31087&pg=2