PDA

View Full Version : General Politics If you could do away with one branch/arm/extension of the govt...

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
What would you choose?

I can't decide between the FCC, USDA and the IRS. All have equally valid reasons.

You?

J Diddy
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
fcc

Flustrated
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll choose the IRS for 1000 Alex

banyon
09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/IAO-logo.png/250px-IAO-logo.png

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
fcc

Yep. I could do away with the censorship hands down. And it really doesn't do much else other than "approve" electronics.

I'll choose the IRS for 1000 Alex

Yep. I could do without that retard of a branch. What government has the audacity to tell me to fill out paperwork only to let me conclude I owe it money? If it can organize massive domestic spying operations, surely it can figure out how much someone needs to pay them based on their taxes.

And that's not mentioning the fact that the income tax is one of the biggest scams in the world, I believe. Whoever thought of it is a genius.

kcfanintitanhell
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
The DEA-War's over...take these fuggers out of their God-knows-how -much choppers, paid for with taxpayer's money, wasting fuel looking for patches of pot plants in the forests and put them to work on something useful, like working for the USPS, or public education.
Bush is probably going to need some extra security when he slithers back to Crawford.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
The DEA-War's over...take these fuggers out of their God-knows-how -much choppers, paid for with taxpayer's money, wasting fuel looking for patches of pot plants in the forests and put them to work on something useful, like working for the USPS, or public education.
Bush is probably going to need some extra security when he slithers back to Crawford.

Another good branch.

The DEA really does need to cease to exist. If only people realized it's only a plant...

Logical
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I would go with DEA

Silock
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Definitely DHS.

I can't think of many off-hand that I would outright cut, but most could be severely cut-back in terms of operating procedures.

Also, I would move FEMA back OUT of DHS so that it would once again be its own entity. Now that it's in DHS, it's had its budget severely slashed and morale is down. It needs to be headed again by a true EXPERT, like they had during the Clinton administration.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Definitely DHS.

I can't think of many off-hand that I would outright cut, but most could be severely cut-back in terms of operating procedures.

Also, I would move FEMA back OUT of DHS so that it would once again be its own entity. Now that it's in DHS, it's had its budget severely slashed and morale is down. It needs to be headed again by a true EXPERT, like they had during the Clinton administration.

Funny, I argued in another thread that DHS doesn't really serve a purpose other than to name drop to the public that "the government has your back".

DHS is one I would consider too, but not to the level of the others.

Ari Chi3fs
09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Id do away with the Black ops covert CIA shit.

Kennedy was going to get rid of the CIA, methinks this led to his demise.

Id like to get rid of the Federal Reserve Bank, IRS, DEA, CIA and idiot puppet presidential candidates.

I would also recommend term limits for congress.... and eliminate lobbyists.

Ari Chi3fs
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
and get rid of Diebold voting machines

Silock
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Funny, I argued in another thread that DHS doesn't really serve a purpose other than to name drop to the public that "the government has your back".

DHS is one I would consider too, but not to the level of the others.

DHS is good in theory, but it has far too many organizations under its umbrella. It needs to be severely streamlined and many things put back the way they were.