PDA

View Full Version : Elections Even Biden knows Obama screwed up his VP pick

mlyonsd
09-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Biden: Hillary Clinton ‘Might Have Been a Better Pick’ for VP (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/biden-hillary-clinton-might-have-been-a-better-pick-for-vp/)

<!-- No Summary -->by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Joe Biden said Wednesday that Hillary Clinton “might have been a better pick than me” to be Barack Obama’s running mate.

The Delaware senator was responding to an audience member at a town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., who criticized Clinton and said it’s a good thing Obama chose Biden over her.

“Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Lets get that straight,” Biden said in Clinton’s defense.

“She’s easily qualified to be vice president … and quite frankly, might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate. I mean that sincerely. She is first rate. So let’s get that straight,” he said.

The comment comes after Clinton tried to assuage tensions last month at the Democratic National Convention between the Obama campaign and her supporters — disenchanted over her primary loss and her absence on the Democratic ticket.

John McCain spokesman Ben Porritt within minutes sent around an e-mail saying the choice of Biden was Obama’s “most important decision of this election.” The e-mail then skewers Biden for suggesting “that he wasn’t the right man for the job and that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice.”

It was the latest shot in a spate of political crossfire between the two presidential campaigns. Biden earlier in the day compared McCain’s attacks on Obama to the attacks McCain faced during the 2000 White House race — when Biden rose to McCain’s defense.

Addressing an audience of about 300 political donors in Boston, the Delaware senator said he would respond forcefully to anyone attacking Obama in the manner of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the group that questioned Democrat John Kerry’s military record during the 2004 campaign.

“Swiftboating is not going to work this time. And the reason it’s not is, No. 1, I’m going to smack ‘em right square in the chops,” Biden said.

Biden did not get into specifics, but a spokesman said he was referring to a new McCain ad suggesting the Illinois senator supported sex education for kindergartners, as well as a recent ad from a McCain fundraiser that linked Obama to 1960s radical William Ayers.

FOX News’ Aaron Bruns and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/biden-hillary-clinton-might-have-been-a-better-pick-for-vp/

HonestChieffan
09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Trial balloon possibly....maybe they have hit the big panic button, dump old Joe and beg Hillary enough that she will come on board?

NewChief
09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
You're about a day behind the news cycle there buddy. ;)

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING US WITH SUCH INSIGHTFUL INSIGHT MISTER INSIGHTFUL INSIGHT

mlyonsd
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM
You're about a day behind the news cycle there buddy. ;)

I never have implied I was 'quick'. :D

mlyonsd
09-11-2008, 08:17 AM
THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING US WITH SUCH INSIGHTFUL INSIGHT MISTER INSIGHTFUL INSIGHT

I know, I thought Biden was smarter than this.

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I know, I thought Biden was smarter than this.HUMBLE MAN SAY HUMBLE TING
ROB DA BOMBACLOT BLIND
HE A SHAMEFUL BATTY BOY

WilliamTheIrish
When you (re)post something 14 hours after ROYC75, who posted it 24 hours after recx, I'd say not only is that slow, it's Herm-ish.

mlyonsd
When you (re)post something 14 hours after ROYC75, who posted it 24 hours after recx, I'd say not only is that slow, it's Herm-ish.

I can take criticism but that was just plain mean.

WilliamTheIrish
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
I can take criticism but that was just plain mean.

I have to channel recx: "Is it time to shut down the DC forum? It's too personal"!!!!11111

;)

mlyonsd
09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I have to channel recx: "Is it time to shut down the DC forum? It's too personal"!!!!11111

;)
I don't mind the recx or ROYC part....it's the correlation to Herm that hurts the most.

ROYC75
09-11-2008, 08:47 AM

Wrong, both posted at 7 :09 , but you knew this, right ...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191240

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191239