PDA

View Full Version : Elections Sarah Palin On Russia... Not Dirk Diglered.....

recxjake
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Why didn't you post the part where she got obliterated? The part about God's task.

clemensol
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

PALIN: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words. But what Abraham Lincoln had said, and that's a repeat in my comments, was let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God's side. That's what that comment was all about, Charlie.

GIBSON: I take your point about Lincoln's words, but you went on and said, "There is a plan and it is God's plan."

PALIN: I believe that there is a plan for this world and that plan for this world is for good. I believe that there is great hope and great potential for every country to be able to live and be protected with inalienable rights that I believe are God-given, Charlie, and I believe that those are the rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That, in my world view, is a grand -- the grand plan.

GIBSON: But then are you sending your son on a task that is from God?

PALIN: I don't know if the task is from God, Charlie. What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer.

Jenson71
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Why didn't you include the part where she says "Hello, Charlie"

Logical
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
What is wrong dipshit with putting this as a post in the other thread. Trust me most are not going to see it your way and you are just spreading the bad news wider.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Well the thread it titled "Sarah Palin on Russia"

Well, it would have been a better thread to post the whole transcript and said it wasn't dirkified.

Chief Henry
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
What is wrong dipshit with putting this as a post in the other thread. Trust me most LIBERALS are not going to see it your way and you are just spreading the bad news wider.

fixed your post

I doubt that Most will NOT see it your way.

Logical
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
fixed your post

I doubt that Most will NOT see it your way.Even fixing my post, you still emphasized the right point. He screwed up by spreading the insanity even further.

Chief Henry
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Even fixing my post, you still emphasized the right point. He screwed up by spreading the insanity even further.

Trying to spin shit when shit isn't there. Like I said, only liberals will think
what you think about Sarah's comment.

Logical
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Trying to spin shit when shit isn't there. Like I said, only liberals will think
what you think about Sarah's comment.Wrong, what you probably should be saying is only Right wingers won't see it the way I see it. I have faith the Indys will see it my way.

Chief Henry
09-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Wrong, what you probably should be saying is only Right wingers won't see it the way I see it. I have faith the Indys will see it my way.

The indys already know what you guys are trying to do to her. But by all means - I hope you keep attacking her and throwing shit against the wall.
Its obvisous to MOST people what the libs are attempting to do to her.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
That controversial Russia question was pretty easy to answer. If Georgia is in NATO and is invaded, there really is no decision to be made. The basic concept of NATO is that if you attack one, you attack all, and we would be required by the treaty to defend them if asked. No one asked her what we should do if Georgia were invaded without being admitted into NATO.

Well, I guess the other answer would be to break the treaty when called upon. Realistically if we REALLY didnt want to help, things might go like this: "Hey NATO ally, officially we stand ready to assist you in any way required, but unofficially, we dont want to fight. We want you to refrain from asking us to help, or we will be forced to withdraw from the treaty", but that is just crap.

bango
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Why was there not a Palin Interview with Gibson Thread?

Logical
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
The indys already know what you guys are trying to do to her. But by all means - I hope you keep attacking her and throwing shit against the wall.
Its obvisous to MOST people what the libs are attempting to do to her.CH, she did this shit to herself, not an Indy or a Lib did this to her.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I see nothing wrong with her answer at all, and ABC's latest version of the story on their web site now seems to present it fairly. If Georgia were in NATO and Russia invaded, do we defend Georgia? Well, according to the treaty, yes we do.

If you dont believe we would be obligated to defend Georgia in that hypothetical, then you obviously believe NATO should be disbanded and discarded as an unnecessary relic.

jAZ
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Before being named VP: "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God."

After being named VP: "I don't know if the task is from God"
What a fraud.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Before being named VP: "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God."

After being named VP: "I don't know if the task is from God"
What a fraud.

This was not a really good answer, but I'm not sure if a better one was even possible. I see a selection of possible answers which all have political problems.

She started with the fact that her speech was Lincoln ("it was good enough for our greatest president in US history, so back off!"), but she obviously felt that the tone is a bit alarming for this century, so she qualified it by saying she hoped God was on our side, rather than asserting that he was... which is kinda hard to square with the speech itself.

I dunno, I think a better answer would be that she was quoting Lincoln, but her intention was something slightly different, and that didnt come out clearly, but that would also look a bit wishy-washy.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
This was not a really good answer, but I'm not sure if a better one was even possible. I see a selection of possible answers which all have political problems.

She started with the fact that her speech was Lincoln ("it was good enough for our greatest president in US history, so back off!"), but she obviously felt that the tone is a bit alarming for this century, so she qualified it by saying she hoped God was on our side, rather than asserting that he was... which is kinda hard to square with the speech itself.

I dunno, I think a better answer would be that she was quoting Lincoln, but her intention was something slightly different, and that didnt come out clearly, but that would also look a bit wishy-washy.

:hmmm:

They quoted Lincoln. Everytime a President is going to get us in trouble, they always quote Lincoln.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM

She didn't umm, reference Lincoln, so she's obviously been told to say she did.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
She didn't umm, reference Lincoln, so she's obviously been told to say she did.

I'm not a Lincoln historian, so I cant refute that, so I'll just assume you are a learned Lincoln historian and know his words by heart.

We will learn soon enough on the google interwebs from actual Lincoln historians (who may or may not have a life) whether this was true or not.

Taco John
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I see nothing wrong with her answer at all, and ABC's latest version of the story on their web site now seems to present it fairly. If Georgia were in NATO and Russia invaded, do we defend Georgia? Well, according to the treaty, yes we do.

If you dont believe we would be obligated to defend Georgia in that hypothetical, then you obviously believe NATO should be disbanded and discarded as an unnecessary relic.

Rather than grow NATO, we should be working to disband it. Americans don't care about Georgia or their conflict with Russia. This treaty doesn't serve Americans.

Donger
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
They quoted Lincoln. Everytime a President is going to get us in trouble, they always quote Lincoln.

Argh! What's that from?

Donger
09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Rather than grow NATO, we should be working to disband it. Americans don't care about Georgia or their conflict with Russia. This treaty doesn't serve Americans.

Really? Served us pretty well in Afghanistan.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm not a Lincoln historian, so I cant refute that, so I'll just assume you are a learned Lincoln historian and know his words by heart.

We will learn soon enough on the google interwebs from actual Lincoln historians (who may or may not have a life) whether this was true or not.

She said that her statement came from Lincoln. Wouldn't she have attributed it then and there?

She gave the impression in the video that she was clear when speaking at her church that she was channelling Lincoln. She most certainly didn't say so.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Argh! What's that from?
LMAO

Bowser, please deduct 10 geek points from Donger's tally.

It's a quote from the film adaption of Arthur C. Clarke's 2010.

Donger
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
LMAO

Bowser, please deduct 10 geek points from Donger's tally.

It's a quote from the film adaption of Arthur C. Clarke's 2010.

Oh, SONOFA...

I simply couldn't place it.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh, SONOFA...

I simply couldn't place it.

Bowser, please give him back 3 of those points for the reference being familiar enough to recognize. :thumb:

Donger
09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Bowser, please give him back 3 of those points for the reference being familiar enough to recognize. :thumb:

Was it just me, or was the gal that curls up with Floyd during the aero-braking maneuver kinda hot, in an Eastern European kind of way?

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Was it just me, or was the gal that curls up with Floyd during the aero-braking maneuver kinda hot, in an Eastern European kind of way?

I'd be inclined to agree with you. If I were Doctor Heywood Floyd, I wouldn't throw her out of my acceleration couch for eating Ritz crackas.

At least, not until after "You know, we could be turned instantly into a puff of incandescent gas...want to go out with a bang?"

In the novel Irina was disfigured in a Cosmonaut accident the other members of the crew wouldn't discuss.

Donger
09-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with you. If I were Doctor Heywood Floyd, I wouldn't throw her out of my acceleration couch for eating Ritz crackas.

At least, not until after "You know, we could be turned instantly into a puff of incandescent gas...want to go out with a bang?"

ROFL

Okay, enough. We're probably scaring The Straights.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:25 PM
ROFL

Okay, enough. We're probably scaring The Straights.

Good call. Your geek cred is still solid.

Donger
09-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Good call. Your geek cred is still solid.

Name it! No cheating.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Name it! No cheating.

One of the Ghostbuster flicks, I think. Couldn't tell you which one. That's going to cost me a few points.

Donger
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
One of the Ghostbuster flicks, I think. Couldn't tell you which one. That's going to cost me a few points.

Ha! The second one. Restaurant scene.

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Ha! The second one. Restaurant scene.

Heh. Well done.

Louis Tully: Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.
[the courtroom is in bewildered silence]
Egon: Very good, Louis. Short, but pointless.

Logical
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Truthfully, NATO is obsolete and should be abandoned.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Anybody ever see The Dead Zone? This chick is reminding me Martin Sheen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Stupid BITCHY!!

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:44 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CdKuLRmg8k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CdKuLRmg8k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:shrug:

alnorth
09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Truthfully, NATO is obsolete and should be abandoned.

I have to disagree. When Russia was beginning to look like they were going to become close allies it may have seemed obsolete, but now?

NATO is essentially one big mutual defense pact. Its more relevant now than at any time in the last 20 years.

VAChief
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM

You know the interesting part of that whole issue to me is here are parts of Georgia that want their own independence from Georgia and Georgia intervened to stop them. Russia stepped in to support the areas that want their freedom. Sounds not that different to what we have done in places like Central America and Southeast Asia to name a few.

I'm not sure why this is such a huge concern to us. We have a few more pressing issues on our plate, like what are we going to do with China advancing rapidly in multiple areas.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I have to disagree. When Russia was beginning to look like they were going to become close allies it may have seemed obsolete, but now?

NATO is essentially one big mutual defense pact. Its more relevant now than at any time in the last 20 years.

I disagree. It is the source of the problem regarding Russia, particularly the encirclement of NATO by admitting former Russian republics. I'd like to see it abolished as it's a Cold War relic. But at the very least, stop expanding it. It's antagonizing Russia and creating a new Cold War right over into our own hemisphere with Chavez. It isn't worth the aggravation.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I disagree. It is the source of the problem regarding Russia, particularly the encirclement of NATO by admitting former Russian republics. I'd like to see it abolished as it's a Cold War relic. But at the very least, stop expanding it. It's antagonizing Russia and creating a new Cold War right over into our own hemisphere with Chavez. It isn't worth the aggravation.

Nonsense. If Russia has an irrational fear that THEY will be invaded, thats just tough. NATO doesnt provide for unified aggression. We should not let their crazed paranoia dictate to us whether we should ensure that they do not invade their neighbors in the strongest way possible (defense pact).

Frankly, I do not believe Russia when they say they feel threatened by NATO. It's more likely an excuse for them to rebuild their empire.

Simply Red
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
:popcorn:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
You know the interesting part of that whole issue to me is here are parts of Georgia that want their own independence from Georgia and Georgia intervened to stop them. Russia stepped in to support the areas that want their freedom. Sounds not that different to what we have done in places like Central America and Southeast Asia to name a few.

I'm not sure why this is such a huge concern to us. We have a few more pressing issues on our plate, like what are we going to do with China advancing rapidly in multiple areas.

Did Russia attempt to overthrow democratically elected regimes in Georgia and attempt to install an authoritarian pro-Russia state?

VAChief
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Nonsense. If Russia has an irrational fear that THEY will be invaded, thats just tough. NATO doesnt provide for unified aggression. We should not let their crazed paranoia dictate to us whether we should ensure that they do not invade their neighbors in the strongest way possible (defense pact).

Frankly, I do not believe Russia when they say they feel threatened by NATO. It's more likely an excuse for them to rebuild their empire.

That is easy for us to say from our point of view. They have centuries of history of people invading and breaking alliances. Cuba is the closest thing we have had to anything they have dealt with or any of the other European countries or even China and Japan.

VAChief
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Did Russia attempt to overthrow democratically elected regimes in Georgia and attempt to install an authoritarian pro-Russia state?

Look I wouldn't choose to live there, but I just don't agree that it is in our best interest to be policing these types of issues that aren't a lot of our direct business. I mean aside from some lobbyist connections to some of our politicians.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Nonsense. If Russia has an irrational fear that THEY will be invaded, thats just tough.
How would you feel if they did the same with Venezuela and a host of countries around us?

I'm not crazy about them aligning with Chavez now.

NATO doesnt provide for unified aggression. We should not let their crazed paranoia dictate to us whether we should ensure that they do not invade their neighbors in the strongest way possible (defense pact).

The missile defense in Poland isn't sitting well either.

It has nothing to do with it being for defense or not, it's psychology. Besides those were the corridors by which Russia was once invaded. That's one reason why they were given eastern Europe after WW2. You know like any winner of war getting to divide up the spoils.

The thing is Russia is a natural ally for us, even in the wot as they have an Islamic problem too. This is getting out of hand. And Georgia is led by a thug who shuts down opposition parties. Hardly a democracy. It's about domination of resources.

I could of sworn you posted once that the major threats have been destroyed earlier.